PDA

View Full Version : Black Island Pack Gameplay Trailer

catkiller97
10-11-2013, 06:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ij4oofhenyw

xboxauditore
10-11-2013, 06:41 PM
I'm glad I'm getting this with my Black Chest edition.

EllJim
10-11-2013, 06:43 PM
what's more that trailer appears to be in current Gen hardware nice.

VictorAviram123
10-11-2013, 06:44 PM
Seems like it's a PS3/360 gameplay, the grapihcs look worse than the other gameplays so far (still pretty good, but not mind blowing)

pacmanate
10-11-2013, 06:45 PM
meh

ArabianFrost
10-11-2013, 06:47 PM
The smoke doesn't look current gen, right?

xboxauditore
10-11-2013, 06:48 PM
I re-watched to see what it'll look like on my 360, it looks great to me.

November 1st. The waiting, the waiting, THE WAITING.

Stealth Gamer92
10-11-2013, 06:48 PM
I'm actualy suprised that with all the seaches I've done on this DLC I've only seen 2 comments saying "Got a little capain in you?"

SixKeys
10-11-2013, 07:01 PM
Captain Morgan's outfit looks pretty badass.

xboxauditore
10-11-2013, 07:03 PM
Captain Morgan's outfit looks pretty badass.

True, looks like the very definition of a Pirate. I like the look of the pistols too.

poptartz20
10-11-2013, 07:50 PM
It does look like current gen... haha. Oh well. until I can get a PS4 :(

Lowly Assassin
10-11-2013, 07:57 PM
im glad UBI includes ALL DLC in the season pass and in future DLC's

lothario-da-be
10-11-2013, 09:19 PM
Looks ok for current gen. Won't expect too much from it to avoid dissapointments.

tinrisky
10-11-2013, 09:19 PM
can someone give me a link to the freedom cry music, i cant seem to find it

xboxauditore
10-11-2013, 09:22 PM
can someone give me a link to the freedom cry music, i cant seem to find it

Oh, I've been waiting on the same thing friend, could be a while before anyone knows.

Spider_Sith9
10-11-2013, 09:45 PM
Damn the differences from Current-Gen to Next-Gen is jarring.

xboxauditore
10-11-2013, 09:53 PM

I don't really see it, doesn't matter anyway to me.

BTW, Lovin the avatar, Easy is a favourite song of mine :D

pacmanate
10-11-2013, 10:05 PM

It is pretty amazing.

Wolfmeister1010
10-11-2013, 10:08 PM
Am I the only one who is really annoyed by the clicking sound the guns make? That is not how a gun sounds. Hopefully it was just an edit for the trailer. I do not want them to go down the same road AC3 did with pistol soundeffects

xboxauditore
10-11-2013, 10:12 PM
Am I the only one who is really annoyed by the clicking sound the guns make? That is not how a gun sounds. Hopefully it was just an edit for the trailer. I do not want them to go down the same road AC3 did with pistol soundeffects

I'm no gun expert, so I have no idea of what Flintlock(?) pistols sound like, but I prefer the new sound over the boom of AC3's guns.

Moultonborough
10-11-2013, 10:33 PM
Is it weird when they said Captain Morgan my thoughts went right to the alcohol brand? It's gonna be all I can think about while playing it. :)

pacmanate
10-11-2013, 11:37 PM
Is it weird when they said Captain Morgan my thoughts went right to the alcohol brand? It's gonna be all I can think about while playing it. :)

You are not alone, had some the other day

silvermercy
10-11-2013, 11:45 PM
It's already been done. lol

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1234278_615922388460329_1824620776_n.jpg

http://31.media.tumblr.com/816ff3584caecc95f69d64703b73ebbd/tumblr_moi2yaW0TT1r4fggfo1_500.jpg

EllJim
10-12-2013, 12:13 AM
Flint locks would click then boom. Due to literally the flint striking the pan igniting the powder which would send out the shot. it would be close but the strike could be heard.

but we a re talking about a fraction of a second so anything over that would be damp powder syndrome. (or Hollywood effects).

EllJim
10-12-2013, 12:32 AM

Definite step for sure, but if your in the thick of it rather than watching will it be that much??? only hands on will tell.

Stealth Gamer92
10-12-2013, 12:32 AM
Flint locks would click then boom. Due to literally the flint striking the pan igniting the powder which would send out the shot. it would be close but the strike could be heard.

but we a re talking about a fraction of a second so anything over that would be damp powder syndrome. (or Hollywood effects).

But you must take into account that if you're in a fire-fight the noise of even the echo of a shot could drown out the clicking noise.

Krayus Korianis
10-12-2013, 02:37 AM
Glad I'm getting the GameStop Edition! lol. Horray for me, but it may just be put up for download anyways by UbiSoft.

LoyalACFan
10-12-2013, 05:18 AM
Not expecting a whole lot out of the mission, but the outfit looks really cool. It's a more romanticized pirate look, which will be nice to change it up now and then. In any case, I'm glad to finally get some ironclad confirmation that the preorder costumes are for SP.

Knightstar2001
10-12-2013, 05:46 AM
Yeah, that is good. I'm also glad to find out that we are getting two pistols as the gamestop page made it seem like there is only one pistol. Of course I am still getting the season pass and all the dlc stuff it unlocks. but it good to know what I am getting from gamestop anyway.

GreySkellig
10-12-2013, 11:09 AM
I'm counting on this, like the preorder bonuses from ACIII, being made available as late-season DLC. It just doesn't make sense for me to preorder, since I'm going to be away from home through to June. On the other hand, I should be able to get my PS4 and launch titles a little cheaper nine months down the road.

As for the pistol sounds, in this clip at least they are making a sort of muffled boom, which is totally off. Having fired flintlock pistols and muskets on numerous occasions (perks of being a military historian!) it's really three sounds combined.
1) The *click* of the hammer
2) The *flash* of the powder igniting in the pan. (This is sort of a brief hissing sound)
3) The *bang* of the gun's report. This sound, depending on the gun, can actually sound pretty tinny, especially at a distance. The sound of many muskets being fired has often been described as a "rattle"

pacmanate
10-12-2013, 01:44 PM
Definite step for sure, but if your in the thick of it rather than watching will it be that much??? only hands on will tell.

Well duh. Of course its going to make a difference. Next gen pushes immersion, Im pretty sure when you are in the thick of it, it will make a difference. Ship battles having volumetric smoke, foliage wrapping around you whilst in stalking zones, its definitely going to make a difference.

EllJim
10-12-2013, 03:05 PM
Well duh. Of course its going to make a difference. Next gen pushes immersion, Im pretty sure when you are in the thick of it, it will make a difference. Ship battles having volumetric smoke, foliage wrapping around you whilst in stalking zones, its definitely going to make a difference.

Thanks for your condescending response.

Actually I would argue it's down to the person in question, not everyone needs leaves with individual effects on them or fully volumetric smoke to feel engaged with the story/game. As in a stalking zone are you really going to be looking at the leaves or at your target?

If your a visuals person maybe current gen will be to plain for you.

I personally love good graphics but having said that I can still enjoy the hell out of Half-life two a game that's previous gen almost and has pretty poor graphics compared to some just because it has good game play.

only fair test would be a pepsi challenge between 360 and PC and offering the player some distractions outside the game, but I'd rather just enjoy the game.

HypeR.tgL
10-12-2013, 03:14 PM
Lol. I'm not a fan of the costume tbh.

Hoping the Sacrificed Secrets Pre-order bonus actually comes with an SP costume, I can't seem to find any information on if it is or not..

xboxauditore
10-12-2013, 03:34 PM
Lol. I'm not a fan of the costume tbh.

Hoping the Sacrificed Secrets Pre-order bonus actually comes with an SP costume, I can't seem to find any information on if it is or not..

Yes, the sacrificed secrets pack comes with Captain Drake's outfit.http://24.media.tumblr.com/dbf41b71014836312c0a8b171d3d5ba1/tumblr_mpatjdvs8l1sxg0bpo3_1280.jpg
GamersBeverage on YouTube is a great source of information on any bonuses and pre-orders.

HypeR.tgL
10-12-2013, 03:57 PM
Yes, the sacrificed secrets pack comes with Captain Drake's outfit.http://24.media.tumblr.com/dbf41b71014836312c0a8b171d3d5ba1/tumblr_mpatjdvs8l1sxg0bpo3_1280.jpg
GamersBeverage on YouTube is a great source of information on any bonuses and pre-orders.

Oh shi- That looks effin epic. I thought it was a multiplayer costume of some sort.

Gosh, 30 days can't pass any faster -_-..

xboxauditore
10-12-2013, 04:02 PM
I love the look too, looks very practical for someone like Edward. I'll happily collect all the outfits to display in the quarters, Edwards original outfit looks fantastic and even better than any other outfit if you ask me.

Lowly Assassin
10-12-2013, 04:08 PM
I love the look too, looks very practical for someone like Edward. I'll happily collect all the outfits to display in the quarters, Edwards original outfit looks fantastic and even better than any other outfit if you ask me.

have you seen this?
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-mDAnK3sj900/UfT8rpa2yMI/AAAAAAAADwM/r5Fmg_xPSns/s800/IMG_20130728_121040.jpg
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-AapSAASpX9k/UfT9U33zIxI/AAAAAAAADxA/4XaPGdbZ35c/s800/IMG_20130728_121507.JPG

xboxauditore
10-12-2013, 04:10 PM
have you seen this?
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-mDAnK3sj900/UfT8rpa2yMI/AAAAAAAADwM/r5Fmg_xPSns/s800/IMG_20130728_121040.jpg
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-AapSAASpX9k/UfT9U33zIxI/AAAAAAAADxA/4XaPGdbZ35c/s800/IMG_20130728_121507.JPG
Yeah, I saw that, I'm a sucker for anything and anyone with a long-coat, but the hat looks really off putting to me, I'll still grab it with my spare UPlay points though.

Lowly Assassin
10-12-2013, 04:16 PM
Yeah, I saw that, I'm a sucker for anything and anyone with a long-coat, but the hat looks really off putting to me, I'll still grab it with my spare UPlay points though.

yea im tempted to get these uplay extras right from the start as i forget how many spare points i have saved up (either 600 or 300 ) but getting the most powerful swrods right off the bat, i feal like it might spoil the game somewhat, and i like at least to spend a little bit of the time wearing the default outifts, although i am really looking forward to the vengeful daughter outfit, thats going to be my new favourite untill i see everyone and his dog using it like the renegade in AC3 MP, and now everyone seems to use my beloved redcoat

pacmanate
10-12-2013, 05:45 PM
Actually I would argue it's down to the person in question, not everyone needs leaves with individual effects on them or fully volumetric smoke to feel engaged with the story/game. As in a stalking zone are you really going to be looking at the leaves or at your target?

You cant even see Edward in the some stalking zones, only the leaves, so yes, thats how you find out where he is. Crappy smoke vs Good smoke will make a difference too, it will make the battles seem more realistic.

As for the if im a graphics person, well of course! Sure graphics arent everything, I still have favourites on the PS2 and PS1, but things are changing, I like to see where gaming is going. The quicker I can jump to the next gen when possible the better.

Sturnz0r
10-12-2013, 05:46 PM
i just got a splinter cell daily challenge and the acb training: 3 gold reward actions to make sure i have enough points day 1 for uplay

600 uplay pts!!!?! 0_O

The primary reason to get xb1 is because of the user interface, not because the game will be more realistic. e.g.

BUUT, next year and beyond, you will suffer as all games will not be offered on current gen, savvy?

Stealth Gamer92
10-12-2013, 06:50 PM
i just got a splinter cell daily challenge and the acb training: 3 gold reward actions to make sure i have enough points day 1 for uplay

600 uplay pts!!!?! 0_O

The primary reason to get xb1 is because of the user interface, not because the game will be more realistic. e.g.

BUUT, next year and beyond, you will suffer as all games will not be offered on current gen, savvy?

I doubt they'll phase out 360 that fast, the rich talk next-gen while the poor talk budget. Microsoft seems to know this.

Lowly Assassin
10-12-2013, 07:39 PM

600 uplay pts!!!?! 0_O

yes 635 uPlay points, i don't spend them on everything for example why do i need desktop or console themes? (personal preference again) i prefer my own custom animus backgrounds
if graphics was a concern to anyone, wouldnt they play on PC as pc graphics mostly win over a console,(thats all i have to say on that matter)

and finally
Microsoft intends to keep supporting the 360 for another 3 years and they're going to ship "over 100" new games on that platform. (http://www.itworld.com/personal-tech/371501/microsoft-gives-us-launch-date-xbox-one-and-lifespan-xbox-360)

Sturnz0r
10-12-2013, 08:17 PM
I doubt they'll phase out 360 that fast, the rich talk next-gen while the poor talk budget. Microsoft seems to know this.

yea, i didn't do any research; thanks for link. it would be very shorsighted for microsoft et al to cut off 360 games, indeed.

graphics do look very good for the new consoles; it will be tought to hold off on that.. on the flip, There might be some hardware defects, and the retail price may come down in a year+; we'll see

Black_Widow9
10-12-2013, 11:04 PM
im glad UBI includes ALL DLC in the season pass and in future DLC's
I can't tell if you're trying to be sarcastic or not so....

Pre-Order DLC can be exclusive to different sites, areas and consoles with no promises that they will be released for everyone later on. The DLC that is included in the Season Pass is listed here but it doesn't give away every single bit of content & says nothing about the Black Island Pack. ;)
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/799719-Assassin’s-Creed®-IV-Black-Flag™-season-pass-and-Freedom-Cry-downloadable-content (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/799719-Assassin%E2%80%99s-Creed%C2%AE-IV-Black-Flag%E2%84%A2-season-pass-and-Freedom-Cry-downloadable-content)

If you want to ensure that you will get the Black Island Pack you will need to pre-order the Black Chest Edition or Buccaneer Edition in the EMEA or pre-order from Gamestop for NA.

pacmanate
10-12-2013, 11:11 PM

Pre-Order DLC can be exclusive to different sites, areas and consoles with no promises that they will be released for everyone later on. The DLC that is included in the Season Pass is listed here but it doesn't give away every single bit of content & says nothing about the Black Island Pack. ;)
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/799719-Assassin’s-Creed®-IV-Black-Flag™-season-pass-and-Freedom-Cry-downloadable-content

If you want to ensure that you will get the Black Island Pack you will need to pre-order the Black Chest Edition or Buccaneer Edition in the EMEA or pre-order from Gamestop for NA.

:p

No DLC for me this year, I feel.... I feel like I have done something bad.

EllJim
10-12-2013, 11:17 PM
You cant even see Edward in the some stalking zones, only the leaves, so yes, thats how you find out where he is. Crappy smoke vs Good smoke will make a difference too, it will make the battles seem more realistic.

As for the if im a graphics person, well of course! Sure graphics arent everything, I still have favourites on the PS2 and PS1, but things are changing, I like to see where gaming is going. The quicker I can jump to the next gen when possible the better.

Sure I can see that, the point was it's not for all, I and I am sure I am not alone in this will enjoy current gen copies :) for you it is an I hope you enjoy your PS4 (I am guessing that given your mention in another thread of PS3) upon release and you get a full enjoyment out of the extra graphics. You'll have to come back and gloat at that point :) (Though soon as it's in a steam sale I will be buying for my pc.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/799719-Assassin’s-Creed®-IV-Black-Flag™-season-pass-and-Freedom-Cry-downloadable-content (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/799719-Assassin%E2%80%99s-Creed%C2%AE-IV-Black-Flag%E2%84%A2-season-pass-and-Freedom-Cry-downloadable-content)

Lot's of people thinking that the Season pass gets them all in the main DLC thread you may want to add this there. Widow, just as an heads up.

Black_Widow9
10-13-2013, 12:21 AM
Lot's of people thinking that the Season pass gets them all in the main DLC thread you may want to add this there. Widow, just as an heads up.
Thanks! I haven't gotten there yet but I will asap. I don't understand why though. It doesn't say all DLC that has ever existed and at the end of this Trailer it says "Only exclusive with Pre-Order ect". :'(

It says:

The Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag downloadable content features additional single player missions, including ‘Freedom Cry’, a nine mission self-contained story featuring Edward Kenway’s first mate Adewale.
A Season Pass will be available for purchase at the launch of the game on PlayStation 4, Playstation 3, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC, and will include the below downloadable game content at a 20 percent discount:

Freedom Cry: Born a slave, Adewale found freedom as a pirate aboard the Jackdaw as Captain Edward Kenway’s second-in-command. Fifteen years later, Adewale has become a trained assassin and finds himself shipwrecked in Saint-Domingue with no weapon nor crew, starting a new adventure of his own.

The Exclusive Kraken Ship Pack – Only available to Season Pass owners, this pack includes personalization elements for the Jackdaw

New ways to personalize the player’s pirate experience – Additional single player missions, weapons, skins, and collectibles

More Multiplayer Mayhem – Unlock new characters for an even more expansive multiplayer experience

Lowly Assassin
10-13-2013, 09:03 AM

It is an assumption based on UBisoft track record of all are order DLC being released further down the line, if we only take the ac franchise, all are order exclusive DLC has been included in later DLC bundles and UBisoft used to mean pre order exclusive ( only pre orders from this store or chain get the DLC and are orders from other store do not) in other words, UBisoft marketing has in the past always meant, early access exclusive, and not only available here ever, one reason for this is that the chain stores pay UBisoft for an insentive, one that means that more people will purchase the game, this benefits UBisoft ( who gets more sale) and the retailer( who get more footfall in there store) so UBisoft tends to make or give set missions or clothing or small in game items to stores as an early access item, but will release such a thing to the general public in 2-8 months time, this is for those that are not able to pre order the versions that qualify to get the pre order bonuses (people not in EMEA or NA; maybe people in CSA or the orient,) also people who come late to the franchise (say someone that does not come to the franchise until next year or someone who gets a console for this coming Christmas can still enjoy the complete assassins creed experience without having missed anything,

And that is the majority reason as to why I believe we will see all are order exclusives released in a DLC package before AC3LHD comes out

I'm sorry if this ruins the hype of "must pre order from 4 different chain stores to get every piece of DLC(that is not technically Downloadable Content; but ULC UnlockableContent, and the fact that it is reffered to as DLC suggested it will be available later as a DLC package;
But knowledge is power
And he who inceaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow
edit 1
And to quote the same source as you

The Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag downloadable content features additional single player missions, including ‘Freedom Cry’, it says it includes the freedom.cry single player content but does not say exclusively; that freedom cry is the only single player content included in the DLC, it does also not state that the list of included content is an extensive or exhaustive list of all content to be included in the season pass, or whether or conte t will be released outside of the season pass

edit 2
and to quote a picture
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-SZ2E1tAdyRk/UlQwuLH7wUI/AAAAAAAAAeM/r6ije1neoTI/w1440-h810-no/ac4bfspr.jpgthis one shows the content that is unlocked with all of the pre order packs, and claims that it comes with the season pass

pacmanate
10-13-2013, 01:18 PM
The save 20% on DLC packs is the packs included in the season pass, not other DLC packs

Lowly Assassin
10-13-2013, 02:01 PM
The save 20% on DLC packs is the packs included in the season pass, not other DLC packs

Was this statement aimed at anyone in particular?

Black_Widow9
10-14-2013, 02:39 AM
It is an assumption based on UBisoft track record of all are order DLC being released further down the line, if we only take the ac franchise, all are order exclusive DLC has been included in later DLC bundles and UBisoft used to mean pre order exclusive ( only pre orders from this store or chain get the DLC and are orders from other store do not) in other words, UBisoft marketing has in the past always meant, early access exclusive, and not only available here ever, one reason for this is that the chain stores pay UBisoft for an insentive, one that means that more people will purchase the game, this benefits UBisoft ( who gets more sale) and the retailer( who get more footfall in there store) so UBisoft tends to make or give set missions or clothing or small in game items to stores as an early access item, but will release such a thing to the general public in 2-8 months time, this is for those that are not able to pre order the versions that qualify to get the pre order bonuses (people not in EMEA or NA; maybe people in CSA or the orient,) also people who come late to the franchise (say someone that does not come to the franchise until next year or someone who gets a console for this coming Christmas can still enjoy the complete assassins creed experience without having missed anything,

And that is the majority reason as to why I believe we will see all are order exclusives released in a DLC package before AC3LHD comes out

I'm sorry if this ruins the hype of "must pre order from 4 different chain stores to get every piece of DLC(that is not technically Downloadable Content; but ULC UnlockableContent, and the fact that it is reffered to as DLC suggested it will be available later as a DLC package;
But knowledge is power
And he who inceaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow
edit 1
And to quote the same source as you
it says it includes the freedom.cry single player content but does not say exclusively; that freedom cry is the only single player content included in the DLC, it does also not state that the list of included content is an extensive or exhaustive list of all content to be included in the season pass, or whether or conte t will be released outside of the season pass

edit 2
and to quote a picture
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-SZ2E1tAdyRk/UlQwuLH7wUI/AAAAAAAAAeM/r6ije1neoTI/w1440-h810-no/ac4bfspr.jpgthis one shows the content that is unlocked with all of the pre order packs, and claims that it comes with the season pass
I think you misunderstood my post. I was in no way attacking you I just want you to be aware of the possibility that what you are hoping for may not be actually be true but based on assumption which could lead to disappointment.

STDlyMcStudpants
10-14-2013, 03:28 AM
Am I the only one that thinks AC3 looked better? lol

Lowly Assassin
10-14-2013, 08:42 AM
I think you misunderstood my post. I was in no way attacking you I just want you to be aware of the possibility that what you are hoping for may not be actually be true but based on assumption which could lead to disappointment.

i knew you wasn not directly attack me
i was trying to back up why the majority of people assume that the pre order content will come at a later date

pacmanate
10-14-2013, 12:37 PM
Was this statement aimed at anyone in particular?

No. You think I have time to read all the crap in here?

Lowly Assassin
10-14-2013, 12:50 PM
No. You think I have time to read all the crap in here?
Nope, just wondering if it was or notnot
And you answered that so
Yay :)

Mr_Shade
10-14-2013, 12:57 PM
yeap..

And, just to back up what Black_Widow has said..

We don't mind you guys assuming that exclusive DLC will release at a later date - BUT - we have to point out, that nothing has ever been officially said about it - so some people are making huge jumps in assuming things..

IF it happens - great.

However no one should buy the season pass thinking it will unlock anything other than what is listed in the official announcement - if you do buy it due to reading 'rumours' or ' based on other release' posts - , and it doesn't, then I'm sorry but you have no one to blame, but the people spreading these rumours.

Just pointing out a few things, since many new users will be popping up - and I don't want them swept away in the storm..

End of the day, you have the official posts - stating what is 100% unlocked with them - anything else, is speculation.

LoyalACFan
10-14-2013, 01:03 PM

This trailer looked a little rough compared to others we've seen, but it's likely running on current-gen. So it'll be approximately AC3-quality in terms of graphics if you're planning on getting it for 360/PS3.

pacmanate
10-14-2013, 01:35 PM
Does anyone else think that current gen looks like it has some washed effect over it? The colours seem really bland to what we have seen, almost like it has a super cool filter and colour sucker thing on.

Also, Edwards outfit has some really crushing blacks to it, is this cause current gen?

Mr_Shade
10-14-2013, 01:36 PM
Does anyone else think that current gen looks like it has some washed effect over it? The colours seem really bland to what we have seen, almost like it has a super cool filter and colour sucker thing on.

Also, Edwards outfit has some really crushing blacks to it, is this cause current gen?
Looks more like video compressions / gamma settings..

Don't forget - some have posted that 'PC vs PS4' video - which is the same trailer, just with higher gamma and compression on one side...

pacmanate
10-14-2013, 01:41 PM
Looks more like video compressions / gamma settings..

Don't forget - some have posted that 'PC vs PS4' video - which is the same trailer, just with higher gamma and compression on one side...

Hey, I posted that for texture purposes :(

Mr_Shade
10-14-2013, 02:06 PM
Hey, I posted that for texture purposes :(
How does that work though?

And, no, I'm not picking on you :P

The trailer has only been released once? - and has never been said on what format the footage is from, non the less, how would two copies of the same footage show differences?

If it's intended as 'This is what it COULD look like' - it should be said ;)

I really don't understand how you can downscale / compress / alter the [B]same trailer - and make it look like a PC or PS4 game?

Maybe I'm being stupid, and missed the trailer being released on multiple formats - but that's false advertising to me :P ?

pacmanate
10-14-2013, 02:14 PM
How does that work though?

And, no, I'm not picking on you :P

The trailer has only been released once? - and has never been said on what format the footage is from, non the less, how would two copies of the same footage show differences?

If it's intended as 'This is what it COULD look like' - it should be said ;)

I really don't understand how you can downscale / compress / alter the [B]same trailer - and make it look like a PC or PS4 game?

Maybe I'm being stupid, and missed the trailer being released on multiple formats - but that's false advertising to me :P ?

I thought that PC/PS4 footage was real. There was some Nvidia actual REAL PC footage on youtube a while back, it had PC buttons and everything and it was captured direct.

Mr_Shade
10-14-2013, 02:20 PM
nope..

We never released a PS4 trailer.. - otherwise we would have said.

That 'gameplay' comparison - was frame for frame the same - so the same footage [a human can't recreate it the same each time?]

There maybe some PC footage floating about - but that would have been slightly different gameplay..

pacmanate
10-14-2013, 02:22 PM
nope..

We never released a PS4 trailer.. - otherwise we would have said.

That 'gameplay' comparison - was frame for frame the same - so the same footage [a human can't recreate it the same each time?]

There maybe some PC footage floating about - but that would have been slightly different gameplay..#

Wait... I was talking about the cutscenes... Are we talking about the same thing? Cause the fort gameplay after was different?

Mr_Shade
10-14-2013, 02:25 PM
maybe not..

lol

End of the day - I have seen the PS4 version and it's nothing like the washed out video we have been told is it.. ;)

pacmanate
10-14-2013, 02:42 PM
maybe not..

lol

End of the day - I have seen the PS4 version and it's nothing like the washed out video we have been told is it.. ;)

But I said that was PS3 not PS4...

Lets just end this confusing conversation here.