PDA

View Full Version : Assassin’s Creed 4 director would “love to explore Egypt” in future games

AlexEzio89
10-11-2013, 11:28 AM
Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag’s game director Ashraf Ismail has expressed a desire to explore an Egyptian setting in future instalments.

Speaking with*Examiner
, Ismail said, “The President of the company has said that we will ship an annual title, so it’s out there. We’ve been on this game for almost two years; it’ll be two and a half when we ship. I would say one of the best things we have going for us is how we can play with history. History is something that is rooted in all of us; we all have a deeper connection to it. So there’s a lot of interesting periods and time places we haven’t been to that I would to see.”
“I’m not saying we are going there,” Ismail continued. “But one day I would love to explore Egypt as a setting for this game. Ancient Egypt could be a really cool place. We have a really cool explanation for how we can do this, and it is with this Animus device that allows us to go to anytime in history.”
Ismail*recently revealed
*that Black Flag’s modern day component will offer up between three and five hours of gameplay, so Ubisoft Montreal definitely hasn’t abandoned that part of the lore.
He added that people were surprised that Assassin’s Creed 4 went back in time after the American Revolution setting of the third game. He added, “But we’ve never outright said that we are always moving forward. It just happened to be that way because we went from Altair to Ezio, then Ezio to Connor and there was a lot of hype about the American Revolution.
“However, it was never a set rule that we always get closer to the present day. We were a bit surprised by people who saying, ‘how do you go back in time, how’s that possible?’ It’s that Animus device we have. But again, I’m not saying Egypt is where the next one is going, it’s just where I would like it to go.” http://www.vg247.com/2013/10/11/assassins-creed-4-director-would-love-to-explore-egypt-in-future-games/

Lowly Assassin
10-11-2013, 11:32 AM
commenting on the idea of assassins in egypt, without reading hte rest of your post,
i dont like it
seems too close to prince of persia too me
yes i know egypt is not in persia
i'll read the post then edit in my other comments

roostersrule2
10-11-2013, 11:36 AM
Egypt would be cool, but only with dynamic sand, DYNAMIC SAND!!!!!!! DYNAMIC SAND!!!!!

AlexEzio89
10-11-2013, 11:42 AM
personal i like to go in Egypt ...... i like to see assasins creed in Egypt in the future

Farlander1991
10-11-2013, 11:45 AM
Egypt would be cool, but only with dynamic sand, DYNAMIC SAND!!!!!!! DYNAMIC SAND!!!!!

They just have to combine their ocean and snow systems together :p :D

adventurewomen
10-11-2013, 11:46 AM
Egypt is overused in games, tbh.

That's my opinion.

roostersrule2
10-11-2013, 11:51 AM

That's my opinion.That depends on time period we go too, not many games go right back to Pharoas and the building of the Pyramids etc. or the ones that do are not AAA and are tiny. It's like how America is extremely overused in games but the American Revolution isn't.

nonlifer27
10-11-2013, 11:54 AM
it would be perfect an assassin' creed game about the revolution of 1821 at greece or French revolution

pirate1802
10-11-2013, 11:54 AM

Yes! And random sandstorms!!!!

roostersrule2
10-11-2013, 11:56 AM
Yes! And random sandstorms!!!!Yes! And ​TOWER DEFENCE!!!!!

pirate1802
10-11-2013, 11:58 AM
Yes! And ​TOWER DEFENCE!!!!!

Yes! And CLIMBING PYRAMIDS IN SANDSTORMS!!!!!

roostersrule2
10-11-2013, 12:02 PM
Yes! And CLIMBING PYRAMIDS IN SANDSTORMS!!!!!Yes! And AC3's Assassination missions!!!!!

pirate1802
10-11-2013, 12:03 PM
Yes! And AC3's Assassination missions!!!!!

All excitement lost. -__-

roostersrule2
10-11-2013, 12:05 PM
All excitement lost. -__-I tried to do it with the Tower Defence but you saw through my defences, yes that pun was intended.

Lowly Assassin
10-11-2013, 12:06 PM
didnt we have a pyramid already in the washington DLC?
i can see how egypt would work, as it turns out it wasn't as barron a landscape as it was now
but it once was a lush green environment, so we would not recognize it for anything more then place names, and for that reason, what is to stop a game being set in the Myan or Aztec period/location

pirate1802
10-11-2013, 12:09 PM
I tried to do it with the Tower Defence but you saw through my defences, yes that pun was intended.

lawl banned?

adventurewomen
10-11-2013, 12:11 PM
Lowly Assassin there was a Pyramid in ToKW.

Lowly Assassin
10-11-2013, 12:14 PM
Lowly Assassin there was a Pyramid in ToKW.

wait you mean i was actually right for once?
ok i think i should quit while i am ahead

adventurewomen
10-11-2013, 12:18 PM
wait you mean i was actually right for once?
ok i think i should quit while i am ahead
Yes, no need to quit though! :)

Farlander1991
10-11-2013, 12:19 PM

I find it funny how ever since AC3, people go, 'Oh, American Revolution, that's so overused!', 'Oh, Pirates, that's so overused!', but in reality you can barely find many action/adventure games in those settings (if any), let alone good ones, let alone released in the last, let's say, five years (though, to be honest, pirates/sea-faring are still used pretty frequently, but mostly in the strategy space). Same with Ancient Egypt ;)

Lowly Assassin
10-11-2013, 12:29 PM
I find it funny how ever since AC3, people go, 'Oh, American Revolution, that's so overused!', 'Oh, Pirates, that's so overused!', but in reality you can barely find many action/adventure games in those settings (if any), let alone good ones, let alone released in the last, let's say, five years (though, to be honest, pirates/sea-faring are still used pretty frequently, but mostly in the strategy space). Same with Ancient Egypt ;)

on that basis i nominate world war 2
joke obviously, we already have all the details we need from that time period thanks to subject 16

Sushiglutton
10-11-2013, 03:53 PM
Glad he said that as this is my number one pick for (even though I want the next game to be finish off the Kenway saga). I think it could be fantastic with snakes, camels, degenerated priests, magnificient architecture/craftmanship and next gen sand physics :)!

pirate1802
10-11-2013, 03:58 PM
Glad he said that as this is my number one pick for (even though I want the next game to be finish off the Kenway saga). I think it could be fantastic with snakes, camels, degenerated priests, magnificient architecture/craftmanship and next gen sand physics :)!

And climbing pyramids and descending into its dark underbelly.

Sushiglutton
10-11-2013, 04:02 PM
And climbing pyramids and descending into its dark underbelly.

Problem with pyramids is that they are basically four large, brown, flat and unexciting surfaces. I dunno, I think climbing pyramids could turn out to be disapoining. BUT invisitgating the inside of a pyramid on the other hand, now that could be awesome if done well!

ze_topazio
10-11-2013, 04:06 PM
didnt we have a pyramid already in the washington DLC?

But for some bizarre reason, we can't climb it.

Anyway i think a good scenario would be the Titanic first voyage, many Templar leaders are on the move to Murica, a single Assassin named Jack infiltrates the ship to kill them Templars one by one and retrieve a piece of eden, meanwhile the ship starts sinking and the last few killings must be done in record time before they escape, the reason for Jack memories being relieved in the present time is because he hided the piece of eden somewhere inside the Titanic and search the entire wreck would be too troublesome.

The game would be open world, i mean, open ship, and we could explore the entire ship at will, assassinations would have to be properly planned because we can't alert anyone at all, we would also have to dispose of the bodies, disguises would be available in order to infiltrate the various areas of the ship.

I'm joking but it could work, maybe...

pirate1802
10-11-2013, 04:06 PM
The devs can always take liberties and add scraggy surfaces and stepping stones along the smooth walls to climb.

swordxslash
10-11-2013, 04:07 PM
I'm joking
Would've never guessed

pirate1802
10-11-2013, 04:08 PM
But for some bizarre reason, we can't climb it.

Anyway i think a good scenario would be the Titanic first voyage, many Templar leaders are on the move to Murica, a single Assassin named Jack infiltrates the ship to kill them Templars one by one and retrieve a piece of eden, meanwhile the ship starts sinking and the last few killings must be done in record time before they escape, the reason for Jack memories being relieved in the present time is because he hided the piece of eden somewhere inside the Titanic and search the entire wreck would be too troublesome.

The game would be open world, i mean, open ship, and we could explore the entire ship at will, assassinations would have to be properly planned because we can't alert anyone at all, we would also have to dispose of the bodies, disguises would be available in order to infiltrate the various areas of the ship.

I'm joking but it could work, maybe...

Please don't give them ideas.. with the current infatuation with naval stuff, a part of me is worried.

johnrimmer1998
10-11-2013, 05:07 PM
Yes! And ​TOWER DEFENCE!!!!!
Yes! TOWER DEFENCE IN PYRAMIDS!!!!!!!!!!

johnrimmer1998
10-11-2013, 05:08 PM
By the way, didn't Alex Hutchinson say that Egypt would be really boring and very hard to do due to its lack of vertical landscapes.

pirate1802
10-11-2013, 05:17 PM
...would be really boring and very hard to do due to its lack of vertical landscapes.

...He said, while making New York and Boston

xboxauditore
10-11-2013, 05:21 PM
I'm just sat here, waiting for an adaption of Daniel Cross and Nikolai Orelov's stories.

Toa TAK
10-11-2013, 05:38 PM
It has to happen. During the Armarna period and ending with Tut's murder. Do it Ubi.

STDlyMcStudpants
10-11-2013, 06:13 PM
I wouldn't mind egypt if they did it BC
But I don't get why people constantly cry about it being too much like prince of persia....
One is a platformer the other is an rpg action adventure ish game
Though I would love the history of Egypt..as an AC game I think that this:
http://www.crystalinks.com/maya1206a.jpg
Would be insanely boring...
I'd actually like to see them revisit places like Rome but at a time when the now forgotten dome thrived or maybe pre and during it's construction
Maybe Ancient Greece...
Jeruselum pre altiar
The Middle East has SO MUCH potential! That is where our world history started...
Would anyone be mad if we went back to places but at a different time in history?

silvermercy
10-11-2013, 06:15 PM
I'd love Ancient Greece! (I'm not biased, I swear. :p)

Rugterwyper32
10-11-2013, 06:33 PM
...He said, while making New York and Boston

To be fair, viewpoints and the such in Boston and New York are pretty much vertical, while pyramids are, you know, diagonal

Ok I admit it that was bad

Lowly Assassin
10-11-2013, 06:51 PM
By the way, didn't Alex Hutchinson say that Egypt would be really boring and very hard to do due to its lack of vertical landscapes.

Who is this Alex Hutchinson you speak of?
He was once the lead creative, then the head of the main story arc, then he was head of giving out signatures at e3, now he is making AC9
Somebody tell me what's going onon
And don't call me Shirley

Lowly Assassin
10-11-2013, 06:54 PM
I wouldn't mind egypt if they did it BC
But I don't get why people constantly cry about it being too much like prince of persia....
One is a platformer the other is an rpg action adventure ish game
Though I would love the history of Egypt..as an AC game I think that this:
http://www.crystalinks.com/maya1206a.jpg
Would be insanely boring...
I'd actually like to see them revisit places like Rome but at a time when the now forgotten dome thrived or maybe pre and during it's construction
Maybe Ancient Greece...
Jeruselum pre altiar
The Middle East has SO MUCH potential! That is where our world history started...
Would anyone be mad if we went back to places but at a different time in history?
I think if we look at the modern excavations happening in and around the great pyramids, we see that a lot of the buildings are close together, small and tightly packed square buildings

pirate1802
10-11-2013, 08:29 PM
To be fair, viewpoints and the such in Boston and New York are pretty much vertical, while pyramids are, you know, diagonal

Ok I admit it that was bad

Lol. Well the only thing that matters is the height. ACB had a corner of the Colosseum as a viewpoint, if I remember correctly. So.. circles too? :p

Farlander1991
10-11-2013, 08:30 PM
See, Sushi, told you that Alex bashing is happening even nowadays.

Sushiglutton
10-11-2013, 08:33 PM
See, Sushi, told you that Alex bashing is happening even nowadays.

I saw it and immediately thought of you :mad:. Btw I accidently opened up this thread literary seconds after you posted, I'm not stalking :p. Now I'm off to play Mark of the Ninja!

nonlifer27
10-11-2013, 08:53 PM
I'd love Ancient Greece! (I'm not biased, I swear. :p)

yes it would be great!!!

Farlander1991
10-11-2013, 09:02 PM
Btw I accidently opened up this thread literary seconds after you posted, I'm not stalking

Suuuuuuuure you aren't.

*slowly walks away*

ACfan443
10-12-2013, 12:40 AM
It seems to be a curse that anyone named Alex directing an AC game will end up ruining it in one way or another;
Alex Amancio - Den Defense, removing what was the very premise of ACR.
Alex Hutchinson - pushing to remove a lot of the modern day fan service content to reserve for future games, the direction of the game in general.

The latter is the worst offender, and IMO deserves all the bashing he gets.

Black_Widow9
10-12-2013, 04:43 AM
It seems to be a curse that anyone named Alex directing an AC game will end up ruining it in one way or another;
Alex Amancio - Den Defense, removing what was the very premise of ACR.
Alex Hutchinson - pushing to remove a lot of the modern day fan service content to reserve for future games, the direction of the game in general.

The latter is the worst offender, and IMO deserves all the bashing he gets.
Well the bashing isn't going to happen here unless it is presented in a constructive way. :/

I-Like-Pie45
10-12-2013, 04:58 AM
i think constructive bashing is too much to be expected from the average qamer these days :(

whats the ratio?

one constructive post for every 100 mewling infants? :(

just look at youtube

Black_Widow9
10-12-2013, 05:11 AM
i think constructive bashing is too much to be expected from the average qamer these days :(

whats the ratio?

one constructive post for every 100 mewling infants? :(

just look at youtube
I have to but I don't like to. lol. That's why this is where I swing my hammer. :p

ACfan443
10-12-2013, 10:09 AM
Well the bashing isn't going to happen here unless it is presented in a constructive way. :/

Of course, I'm not advocating a tirade of profanities and non-constructive abuse to be thrown at them, an argument with reason is far more interesting

Abdullah505
10-12-2013, 10:24 AM
my assassins creed revelations is not working

it comes that
ACRSP.exe has stopped working

Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: ACRSP.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 4eac54b9
Fault Module Name: StackHash_0a9e
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Offset: 00000000
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Data: 00000008
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

lothario-da-be
10-12-2013, 11:26 AM
my assassins creed revelations is not working

it comes that
ACRSP.exe has stopped working

Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: ACRSP.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 4eac54b9
Fault Module Name: StackHash_0a9e
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Offset: 00000000
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Data: 00000008
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Sounds like a good location for an ac game!

ze_topazio
10-12-2013, 12:06 PM
Best suggestion so far.

mikestewartart
12-08-2013, 12:12 AM
Horrible idea. Please dont. I will not buy it.

jetlee2777
12-08-2013, 01:53 AM
Introduction:
As a passionate fan of the Assassin's Creed Series I have loved how the series connects to the past, and has allowed us to re-live experiences that we have only read about and given us the joy to experience them first hand. I like the idea of the possibility of a secret society having kept under wraps pieces of history that are now only considered legend or myths. In this discussion I want to travel to Ancient Egypt and reveal possible suggestions for where and when I would like the next Assassin’s Creed adventure to take place. As someone who is passionate about such a sophisticated civilization as Ancient Egypt, I would love to relive the peak of the golden age as it was back then and be able to relive this experience in the Assassin’s Creed World. I feel that this would connect very well into the series and it would excite a lot of fans around the world.

Main Idea:
From being able to synchronize on top of the great pyramids to exploring hidden golden tombs with hieroglyphs on the walls and booby traps and finding lost treasures that were never explored by bandits, this place in time is a perfect civilization to tie into the franchise. I would love to see Cleopatra as the head of the Assassins or being able to do Assassins contracts for Pharaohs. This would be an ideal time in Egypt to also include Julius Caesar and Marc Antony. I would love to be able to explore the deserts dodging sandstorms and quicksand. I would also love to see the real face of the Sphinx before it was destroyed by Napoleons troops on their trip to Egypt long afterwards according to archaeologists and I would love to discover different beliefs of the true use of the Sphinx. Possibly there could be a connection to the first civilization or it could dig into the mysticism of the gods such as Osiris, Anubis, and Ra to name a few. I would also love to travel on the Nile on boats and the possibility of Traveling to Greece since it was very common for Egyptians to do so. I would also love to see the story tying into the beginning of Ancient Greece which has another rich culture altogether that would make this an extremely successful franchise. Ancient Greece had a powerful Navy that would be an interesting place for gamers to explore and personally I would love to travel through the lion’s gate and see the original Parthenon before it was in ruins.

Conclusion:
I would love to reach out to Ubisoft and reveal possible suggestions for where and when I think is a perfect setting for the next Assassin’s Creed adventure to take place. Ancient Egypt offers an incredible setting with a rich mystical mythology along with the richest culture which also follows in the footsteps of the eras that have been the landscape of Assassins Creeds major stories. As a passionate fan of the Assassins Creed franchise I find this era very fascinating and I am eager to play Assassins Creed in this part in time and I believe it would also be exciting for a lot of fans around the world. I hope this discussion reaches the Ubisoft team and offers useful suggestions if they have not already been considered. My only interest is to reach out to the Ubisoft team and offer useful suggestions and let them handle the rest. Thank you for your time and I hope you have found this useful.

Yeah I definetly agree with you,cause this time period really fits into the Assasins Creed story.

Especially like you said because of the golden tombs that you can explore in the pyramids kind sort of "Mummies Alive" or "Tomb Raider".;)

And yes it would be cool,if in the next Assasins Creed 5 there will be also a well "little romance" between the main protagonist that you will play and Cleopatra and maybe a kind of conflict (war) against Julius Caesar and Marc Anthony.