PDA

View Full Version : My idea for a future AC setting

Jayden26
10-11-2013, 10:24 AM
You probably get a lot of these suggestions, but I would like an AC set in colonial Australia particularly from 1795-1816.
Events in this era that could be central plot points were:
*Hawkesbury and Nepean Wars
-Battle of Richmond Hill (1795)
-Skirmish of Prospect (1795)
-Sacking of Lane Cove (1796)
-Fall of Toongabbie (1797)
-Battle of Parramatta (1797)
-Assassination of Pemulwuy (1802)*Castle Hill Convict Rebellion (1804)
-Battle of Vinegar Hill*1804-1805 Conflict
-Largescale attacks against Parramatta and Sydney*Rum Rebellion (1808)
-Overthrow of Governor Bligh*Tedbury's War (1808-1809)
-Battle of Appin*Nepean War (1814-1816)
-Battle of the Nepean
-Nepean CampaignThere would be two playable cities in the game, Sydney and Parramatta, these two cities were about the size of Boston during the American Revolutionary War. Architecture would range from wattle and daub buildings, thatched roof houses, cobblestone buildings like churches and such, sandstone buildings of the Governors residence and so on.
There would also be two more playable maps, one would be the 3 mile road between the two cities which had an array of farms, huts, wells, and small settlements. Then finally the last playable area would be the "Frontier".
The Frontier would essentially be rugged terrain dominated by forests with wild Australian animals like Dingos, Koalas, and wombats, etc. Along the frontier there would be several small Indigenous villages as well as the Hawkesbury river and Nepean River.There were also several forts within the colony which can be used in the game such as Fort Phillip in Sydney which was a citadel-style fort made from stone, to Fort Parramatta which was an earthworks fort. There were also several other forts such as Dawes Point Battery.I believe the games basic plot outline could be the protagonist is actually a templar hired by the British Empire to keep convicts in the fledgling colony 'in check'. The penal colony is those days was extremely violent and Australia was virtually a dictatorship with Governor William Bligh even having two newspaper writers imprisoned and tortured for writing about him badly.
You start off the game fighting for the Templars and aid in the Battles of Richmond Hill and Parramatta, and assassinate Pemulwuy. Eventually during the failed Castle Hill Convict Rebellion whose Irish dissenters famously cried out "Give me Liberty or Give me Death!", the protaganist starts to have a change of heart.
No longer satisfied with being a puppet at the will of the Templars, he leads his fight against them in the Colony, of which he will play a leading role in the arrest of Governor Bligh during the Rum Rebellion.
Now I'm not sure if that could be the end of the game, but the Nepean War took place sometime after so that could be apart of the mission of the protaganist too.
I have so many more ideas, and I think colonial Australia in the late 18th and early 19th centuries would be a very interesting idea, especially since no one has ever set a game in Australia

roostersrule2
10-11-2013, 10:26 AM
I remember this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSLlZh9yelk

Jayden26
10-11-2013, 10:31 AM
I know I know :P
I just came up with a good idea, and I just had to share it sorry.

Megas_Doux
10-11-2013, 11:41 AM
I am having a deja vu.......

Jayden26
10-11-2013, 11:52 AM
I am having a deja vu.......

I want to keep trying until I get a response from Ubisoft.

roostersrule2
10-11-2013, 12:04 PM
I want to keep trying until I get a response from Ubisoft.You wont get ****.

Even if they took your idea on board they would not respond to you.

pirate1802
10-11-2013, 12:07 PM
http://www.troll.me/images/frodo/youve-seen-this-thread-before-havent-you.jpg

Rooster is right btw, even if they do accept your idea they'll do it without responding to you.

Jayden26
10-11-2013, 12:33 PM
Why are you all being nasty to me? I just wanted to share an idea? :(

swordxslash
10-11-2013, 03:48 PM
Why are you all being nasty to me? I just wanted to share an idea? :(
only for the millionth time

Octavius22
10-11-2013, 07:50 PM
How about Colonial Philippines under the Spanish.. There are two novels by Jose Rizal which could be a good base for an AC setting.. There is a character named Matanglawin and it might fit because matanglawin in filipino means eagle or hawk-eye.

Black_Widow9
10-12-2013, 04:17 AM
Hello,
Please post your idea here:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/758424

Thanks ;)