PDA

View Full Version : Bugs, Glitches and how people perceive them

killzab
10-10-2013, 06:05 PM
Thinking back about AC3 ( and this thread is not an "AC3 bashing" thread), I find it funny how different players' experiences with glitches have been. Some claim, ( I tend to be one of them) that the game is riddled with them, others say they haven't seen any !!

So how can it be possible ? I don't suppose some copies are wrong or that some people have been so unbelievably lucky that they didn't encounter any.

Is it just the fact that they don't mind them ?

I mean, I just did a playthrough of AC3 and honestly encountered a glitch per minute at moments (during missions at least). So perhaps I am nitpicky, but when in a fight, a guard is just standing there looking at trees I can't help but notice it and kind of "nerdrage" at the game.

So ... is it all just a matter of being demanding ?

What has been YOUR experience with glitches ? ( it doesn't have to be only AC 3, just the saga in general)

Farlander1991
10-10-2013, 06:17 PM
Here's the thing. Games are a complex beast where there are tons of variables, conditions, possible situations, outcomes, actions.

In a simple straightforward sense, what a bug (or a glitch) is, when a certain amount of conditions are met, something bad happens. And what patches do, essentially, is to try and put into code considerations for those conditions.

Games being an interactive medium, everybody plays them differently, on different hardware (PS3, XBox, plus PC which has ****tons of variables), doing different things. So, 'not minding the bugs' is just one part of the equation, because, really, a lot of gamers tend to forgive a number of little bugs, especially in huge complex open-world games. But also, it's just a matter of dumb luck, those who encounter less bugs just do things the way, for the most part, the code is written to properly process, and those who encounter a lot of bugs just happen to meet tons of conditions on which the code freaks out (and those conditions may be, really, as stupid as 'if the unit stands one milimeter to the left during this part of the animation it flies away', which makes it a lot harder to track down).

STDlyMcStudpants
10-10-2013, 06:25 PM
I encountered 3 glitches and 3 glitches only (Playing the unpatched version...)
Thats right I play AC how it is shipped before I install patches!!! Cause I'm a BOSSS

1. As Haytham on the ship I would see double of the character below deck (Amusing, not game breaking)
2. Animals would get stuck in rocks (Amusing, not game breaking)
3. A target was stuck in a cabin (I jumped and rolled into the glitched cabin to kill him then fast traveled out, kind of game breaking if you don't think outside of the box like me)

I never had a single game breaking glitch
And that's why I don't install open world patches until I beat a games story
(except Skyrim forced me to...)

Patches do 1 of 2 things .. fix a glitch or kill an exploit....
which sounds great but 99% of the time this "glitch" is cosmetic and I don't want to take the chance that they fix the under deck twins and accidentally knock the ufo mission out of whack :)
Because that seems to be what happened.,..
Everyone is having problems with the ufo mission (they probably installed all patches) I had no problems with any missions at all ;)

IMHO AC3 got bad press because of its setting and themes and reviewers used it's glitches as a scapegoat when they never take off points in games like skyrim, gta,COD, or WWE which are full of glitches.. ;)

STDlyMcStudpants
10-10-2013, 06:32 PM
and also to add to my never patch until you beat the story...
You have to think...
What are devs going to skim with a fine toothed comb before it is shipped..the open world or the missions?
EASY they are going to play the story and side missions over and over to make sure they do what they are supposed to..
When they add a patch they dont have the time to do that again.... they just patch it in and pray...

pirate1802
10-10-2013, 06:47 PM
I encountered just two bugs in AC3 and both were hilarious. One was in which those woodcutter guys (Terry and another one.. forgot his name) duplicated themselves and moved about in pairs. The second was way more fun:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/q77/s720x720/541696_1400165230203130_1849136872_n.jpg

ladyleonhart
10-10-2013, 07:28 PM
Glitches in ACIII for me included:

- Wolves getting stuck in trees with continuous growling unless I left the area completely, since I couldn't kill them.
- I found a deer twice in the same area in two different game saves, which doesn't move at all. Lol, it's like part of the scenery, but Connor can walk straight through it. :P
- Haytham fell through the ship and into the water resulting in desynchronization.
- Boston harbour glitch - enemies just keep on coming, which is actually quite fun. ;)

One other thing about the wolves, I found that I could only kill the wolves on 'Oak Island' by air assassinating them. I'm not sure if that was a glitch or if it was done that way on purpose. Then, the QTE prompts wouldn't work at all and I had absolutely no problem in completing the hunting side mission, which required finding every animal in each area.

The funny thing is that I didn't encounter a single glitch the first time I played and those listed above occurred in replays. Overall, as experienced by STDlyMcStudpants, luckily, I never encountered a game-breaking glitch either. :)

killzab
10-10-2013, 07:45 PM
and also to add to my never patch until you beat the story...
You have to think...
What are devs going to skim with a fine toothed comb before it is shipped..the open world or the missions?
EASY they are going to play the story and side missions over and over to make sure they do what they are supposed to..
When they add a patch they dont have the time to do that again.... they just patch it in and pray...

This is interesting actually, I might try it !

pacmanate
10-10-2013, 07:50 PM
I cant remember any AC3 glitches at present but I did get a funny one in FC3 yesterday. One of the Rakyat guys was talking to his friend, who just died in a fight haha. It was so funny. He was like "I'll tell my mother you are coming for dinner". And I was just like.... "HE DED"

Sushiglutton
10-10-2013, 08:18 PM
Well first off there are several platforms and for PC there all kinds of configurations. Then it depends on when you played the game relative to the patches. But most importantly is probably that some people notice/remember bugs a lot more than others. I noticed some bugs in AC /like 10 perhaps), but they had little effect on my enjoyment of the game.

Lowly Assassin
10-10-2013, 09:18 PM
Thinking back about AC3 ( and this thread is not an "AC3 bashing" thread), I find it funny how different players' experiences with glitches have been. Some claim, ( I tend to be one of them) that the game is riddled with them, others say they haven't seen any !!

So how can it be possible ? I don't suppose some copies are wrong or that some people have been so unbelievably lucky that they didn't encounter any.

I mean, I just did a playthrough of AC3 and honestly encountered a glitch per minute at moments (during missions at least). So perhaps I am nitpicky, but when in a fight, a guard is just standing there looking at trees I can't help but notice it and kind of "nerdrage" at the game.

What has been YOUR experience with glitches ? ( it doesn't have to be only AC 3, just the saga in general)
i think it depends on the individual persons perseption of what a glitch is
for example when i have the game character standing on a roof above a haystack, and if i press slightly away from the haystack, but still in the same 12.5 degrees either side of the haystack, 7/10 times the character will jump into the haystack;
is this a glitch? or is it tha i am trying to push the game so hard that i want to land right next to a haystack but not in it? i think its all down to perception
( i apologize for any spellling mistakes)

now to edit,
glitches i have discovered include,
trying to jump over or past a haystack and landing in it
finding the location by some waterfall ( near a mission where you have to save some mohawk people and get in without being detected, and perform a leap of faith near to leave the area) that let you jump from one rock to another in the water and fall trhough the map
fidning the infinite spawig bear in the same location
fidning the infinite spawning convoys
fast traveling to the liberated fort in top left of frontier and a redcoat always spawns
find the tree with floating branches that also exists in the DLC
finding invisible walls in the frontier (in dlc) (in the middle of hte frontier is not near he edges)
attempting to get the trinket at the top of the frontier and lading on the bootom of the trench and not desynching untill i take a step forwards
unable to complete the homefront missions because of the woodcutter scanningglitch
attempting to do a wall run back eject still does not work
falling back off a building into a haystack gives the wrong animation and audio queaes (as compared to all othr ac titles)
performing a leap of faith gives no eagle audio queue
having duel psitols equipt, randomizes the pistols you have and they ar often not een the same pistol, such as one pitcairn and one duckfoot
killing key targets with throwing knives, stil triggers animations as though they where killed by the hidden blade or in CQC
trying to climb a building and being unable to land on a certain ledge or being able to grab onto a certain ledge

thats all i can think of right now
none of them where life changing or game breaking, i loved and enjoyed the game,

SixKeys
10-10-2013, 11:22 PM
I don't mind the occasional funny glitch and I don't usually complain about them, but AC3 had too many even for me to ignore. There is still one game-breaking bug that has still not been patched on PC and I doubt it ever will be: viewing the Encyclopedia of the Common Man book in the manor will cause the game to get stuck and the player is unable to do anything except Ctrl+Alt+Del out of the game.

One of the funnier ones was Lance's magical floating chair. One of the recordable activities involves Lance working on a chair and sitting on it to test it. One time the chair was floating in mid-air and Lance was sitting on air.

roostersrule2
10-10-2013, 11:56 PM
I only had one glitch, I got stuck in a crate.

I never get glitches, which is mostly good but I never get to see the funny ones.

swordxslash
10-10-2013, 11:57 PM
Do you know why Glitches occur, OP? like...the technical side of it?

roostersrule2
10-11-2013, 12:01 AM
Do you know why Glitches occur, OP? like...the technical side of it?Failures in the system.

swordxslash
10-11-2013, 12:02 AM
Failures in the system.

No ****?

I said WHY they occur, not define glitch

roostersrule2
10-11-2013, 12:05 AM
No ****?

I said WHY they occur, not define glitchThey occur because of FAILURES IN THE SYSTEM.

swordxslash
10-11-2013, 12:07 AM
They occur because of FAILURES IN THE SYSTEM.
-__-

Gi1t
10-11-2013, 03:39 AM

It's just based on personal experiences. Like Farlander stated, games are extremely complex and it's possible for people to have wildly varying experiences depending on any number of random conditions and coincidences.

I bought Bioshock Infinite and it f*****ed up. The save system flat-out stopped working about an hour into the game. So I had to return it. Back in my first playthrough of Prince of Persia Warrior Within, the Prince randomly transformed into a demon with regenerating sand after I went through the second time portal back to the current time. From there I encountered a number of glitches and eventually ended up stuck behind a wall that my sword couldn't break and had no way back.

Did everyone encounter that problem? Of course not. But I have to say, one thing that always strikes me as rediculous is seeing people respond to glitch complaints by saying "Oh, you're just whining! I didn't encounter ANY glitches!" -__- Well, good for you. That means nothing, however. I'm astonished at how many people can't get their heads around the idea of glitches not being universal. Anyone can potentially encounter a game-breaking glitch and anyone can potentially go the whole generation with not technical problems whatsoever. Just because you didn't encounter any problems doesn't mean everyone else who played the gae had the same experience. It's not in the eye of the beholder the way many other features on the game are.

Ultiately, I don't take much notice of glitches unless they're chronic problems or glitches that break the game. I only played AC1, 2 and Brotherhood, and didn't really encounter much of either, but like STDlyMcStudpants, I encountered both in Skyrim and did in fact experience more AFTER getting the upgraded version with the DLCs, (though I actually got that version hoping to fix a game-breaking glitch in the original version which caused one of my skills to stop working. -__-)

pirate1802
10-11-2013, 05:15 AM
one of the funnier ones was lance's magical floating chair. One of the recordable activities involves lance working on a chair and sitting on it to test it. One time the chair was floating in mid-air and lance was sitting on air.

lmao!

STDlyMcStudpants
10-11-2013, 07:56 AM
Oh I forgot one glitch..its totally inappropriate though
Don't view if you have to order online or your parents have to buy ac for you (for age reasons)
Well theres this guy you talk to in a tavern..he was talking away and i just walked up to him and you can walk through the table he is sitting at (only table i found that does this)
And after we was done talking I was kind of standing suggestively and he looks around and starts doing these up and down hand gestures and i died lmfao!!
sorry....
I'm like 6 in my mind...

pirate1802
10-11-2013, 08:01 AM
Oh I forgot one glitch..its totally inappropriate though
Don't view if you have to order online or your parents have to buy ac for you (for age reasons)
Well theres this guy you talk to in a tavern..he was talking away and i just walked up to him and you can walk through the table he is sitting at (only table i found that does this)
And after we was done talking I was kind of standing suggestively and he looks around and starts doing these up and down hand gestures and i died lmfao!!
sorry....
I'm like 6 in my mind...

Yeah.. there are plenty of masturbating glitches on youtube xD

STDlyMcStudpants
10-11-2013, 08:08 AM
trying to jump over or past a haystack and landing in it

fidning the infinite spawig bear in the same location
fidning the infinite spawning convoys
fast traveling to the liberated fort in top left of frontier and a redcoat always spawns

attempting to do a wall run back eject still does not work

Haystack - Not a glitch. Every AC has been Haystack sensitive and for good reason...
I die more from falls than I do from combat.as I'm sure many do unless they play with extreme care....
I'm speedy gonzalas when I play..I jump and take risks hoping for a ledge to grab as I fall 60 feet lol
ACRs sensitivity was insanely annoying..i felt like if i came within 2 feet of a hay cart Ezio would automatically jump in it without me directing him towards it at all...BUT with that being said..I would much rather go into them when I don't want to than miss them or jump over them when i want to hide in them..as when you are on the run, every second counts

Spawns - Also not a glitch...Not really sure why it is mentioned...It's actually pretty annoying when an open world game doesn't respawn *COUGH* Tomb Raider 2013..I'm lookin at you!!
We haveall found spawn points/ purposely trigger spawns in a game at least 1 million times haha

Wall run and backwards jump - Do more animus training lol some moves definitely do require perfect timing.

STDlyMcStudpants
10-11-2013, 08:10 AM
Yeah.. there are plenty of masturbating glitches on youtube xD

Lol really? :D
Didnt know it was such a heavy theme xD

Lowly Assassin
10-11-2013, 08:39 AM
Haystack - Not a glitch. Every AC has been Haystack sensitive and for good reason...
I die more from falls than I do from combat.as I'm sure many do unless they play with extreme care....
I'm speedy gonzalas when I play..I jump and take risks hoping for a ledge to grab as I fall 60 feet lol
ACRs sensitivity was insanely annoying..i felt like if i came within 2 feet of a hay cart Ezio would automatically jump in it without me directing him towards it at all...BUT with that being said..I would much rather go into them when I don't want to than miss them or jump over them when i want to hide in them..as when you are on the run, every second counts

Spawns - Also not a glitch...Not really sure why it is mentioned...It's actually pretty annoying when an open world game doesn't respawn *COUGH* Tomb Raider 2013..I'm lookin at you!!
We haveall found spawn points/ purposely trigger spawns in a game at least 1 million times haha

Wall run and backwards jump - Do more animus training lol some moves definitely do require perfect timing.

thanks for the reply, my thoughts where along the lines of, they "could" be perceived as glitches, but "could" also be perceived a; the game wasn't meant to do that
and by wllrun back eject i mean the prince of persia vertical wall run back eject assassinate, but again its down to players percepotion if these are glitches or not, well that was my view of the matter

pirate1802
10-11-2013, 10:00 AM
Lol really? :D
Didnt know it was such a heavy theme xD

There is a video of Connor fapping a redcoat to death, another one shows him getting on with a goat, on teh youtubez.

Spawns - Also not a glitch...Not really sure why it is mentioned...It's actually pretty annoying when an open world game doesn't respawn *COUGH* Tomb Raider 2013..I'm lookin at you!! .

Tomb Raider isn't technically an open world game. But still I'd have liked respawning enemies or atleast an option to either spawn/don't spawn them. (This is why I was very happy to see a few enemies spawning after I finished the game and went back for the collectibles, but then I killed them and I was lonely and I was sad again.) But considering many H4rdC0R3 TR fans absolutely dislike combat I can see why they did what they did.

roostersrule2
10-11-2013, 10:05 AM
There is a video of Connor fapping a redcoat to death, another one shows him getting on with a goat, on teh youtubez.

Tomb Raider isn't technically an open world game. But still I'd have liked respawning enemies or atleast an option to either spawn/don't spawn them. (This is why I was very happy to see a few enemies spawning after I finished the game and went back for the collectibles, but then I killed them and I was lonely and I was sad again.) But considering many H4rdC0R3 TR fans absolutely dislike combat I can see why they did what they did.I like it how it is in TR, that's how it should be for linear games.

pirate1802
10-11-2013, 10:09 AM
I like it how it is in TR, that's how it should be for linear games.

TR is a good example of a linear cinematic game done right. :p

Lowly Assassin
10-11-2013, 10:10 AM
i can see the tr discussion is not AC related,
but on an island, with no visible ways of escape or connection to the outside world, it makes "sense" that once the bad guys are dead, they're are no more bad guys; but since when where video games meant to make "sense"

roostersrule2
10-11-2013, 10:12 AM
TR is a good example of a linear cinematic game done right. :pIndeed.

but on an island, with no visible ways of escape or connection to the outside world, it makes "sense" that once the bad guys are dead, they're are no more bad guys; but since when where video games meant to make "sense"It doesn't matter if it makes sense or not, it'll depend on the type of game and direction the devs take it.

pirate1802
10-11-2013, 10:57 AM
but on an island, with no visible ways of escape or connection to the outside world, it makes "sense" that once the bad guys are dead, they're are no more bad guys; but since when where video games meant to make "sense"

Makes sense regarding what?

Mr_Shade
10-11-2013, 10:59 AM
I loved TR...

anywhoo

TBH there wil always be differences in what people consider 'annoying' and 'game breaking' :)

The main issue is - as games get BIGGER - so do the chances that glitches sneak in..

The smarter the AI gets - the dumber things can look.. ;)

pirate1802
10-11-2013, 11:04 AM
And open world games typically are glitchier than closed or linear games. Guess why?

Mr_Shade
10-11-2013, 11:05 AM
And with Next Gen. . . That will only get worse..

the 'more' of something there is - the 'more' things can go wrong..

silvermercy
10-11-2013, 11:10 AM
I want to see a glitch of Edward shooting someone but accidentally setting Blackbeard's beard on fire. Make it happen!!

Lowly Assassin
10-11-2013, 11:23 AM
Indeed.

It doesn't matter if it makes sense or not, it'll depend on the type of game and direction the devs take it.
and although that is your opinion, too some people, something making sense is more important then the possibility of the event actually ever happening, but yes everything in a game depends on what the devs do with it
i'm so glad we could agree

Makes sense regarding what?
makes "sense" in regard to you are on an island
therefore there are a finite number of people on the island, and eventually you will run out of people to kill
but then as with the case you where debating, the game becomes less enjoyable as there is nobody to kill,

pirate1802
10-11-2013, 11:50 AM
the 'more' of something there is - the 'more' things can go wrong..

Exactly.

makes "sense" in regard to you are on an island
therefore there are a finite number of people on the island, and eventually you will run out of people to kill
but then as with the case you where debating, the game becomes less enjoyable as there is nobody to kill,

Yep. Especially since the locations are so beautiful. Eventually you run out of enemies and collectible and then you have nothing to do. In cases like these devs should forego a bit of realism in favour of fun factor.

TheDanteEX
10-11-2013, 01:48 PM
Did anybody else give Haymitch another pistol, one of Connor's craft-able swords, and a short weapon? I don't know if it was a one time thing or not, but replaying "Welcome to Boston", go straight to the general store in front of you and you can purchase whatever Connor has available to him. You have to spend time earning money in that missions though because you have to buy the required normal sword and flintlock in order to progress, and they only start you off with enough money for those items. After buying the short weapon and new pistols, you reload the checkpoint and Haymitch should have two pistols and a short weapon forever. At least, I believe that's how I did it.

Haymitch still carried Washington's sword in the cutscene beginning sequence 9, however, in gameplay he had the normal sword. Any time I replay a Haymitch mission, he still carries all the new weapons. I don't know if it's because I did this, but Haymitch now has Connor's hidden blade combat animations. Complete with the pivoting blade.

Farlander1991
10-11-2013, 01:56 PM
but Haymitch now has Connor's hidden blade combat animations.

Like Desmond, Haytham had pretty much always had most of Connor's hidden blade animations when hidden blade was selected, with a knife in the hand instead of the hidden blade, is this what's happening?

Lowly Assassin
10-11-2013, 02:07 PM
Did anybody else give Haymitch another pistol, one of Connor's craft-able swords, and a short weapon? I don't know if it was a one time thing or not, but replaying "Welcome to Boston", go straight to the general store in front of you and you can purchase whatever Connor has available to him. You have to spend time earning money in that missions though because you have to buy the required normal sword and flintlock in order to progress, and they only start you off with enough money for those items. After buying the short weapon and new pistols, you reload the checkpoint and Haymitch should have two pistols and a short weapon forever. At least, I believe that's how I did it.

Haymitch still carried Washington's sword in the cutscene beginning sequence 9, however, in gameplay he had the normal sword. Any time I replay a Haymitch mission, he still carries all the new weapons. I don't know if it's because I did this, but Haymitch now has Connor's hidden blade combat animations. Complete with the pivoting blade.
your the second person i have seen refer to him as Haymitch, just a fyi
his name is Haytham, and i never noticed anything odd about Haytham's weapons, but i didnt really pay a great deal attention to that

TheDanteEX
10-11-2013, 02:18 PM
I'm not complaining, because I purposely made this happen. I just wanted to give Haytham(Are you sure??) the extra weapons that Connor has. And it worked so.. yay.

swordxslash
10-11-2013, 03:46 PM
your the second person i have seen refer to him as Haymitch, just a fyi
his name is Haytham

I think he/she was joking

silvermercy
10-11-2013, 04:48 PM
I think he/she was joking
Yup. Just like Conner, Eddard and Enzio.

pirate1802
10-11-2013, 05:44 PM
Eddard? Awesome.

STDlyMcStudpants
10-11-2013, 06:00 PM

Tomb Raider isn't technically an open world game. But still I'd have liked respawning enemies or atleast an option to either spawn/don't spawn them. (This is why I was very happy to see a few enemies spawning after I finished the game and went back for the collectibles, but then I killed them and I was lonely and I was sad again.) But considering many H4rdC0R3 TR fans absolutely dislike combat I can see why they did what they did.

Well from a playing standpoint I loved that I didn't have to fight my way through every time I went back for collectibles...but from a trophy hunters stand point it was super annoying not being able to find people to pull off of ledges with my rope after i finished the game and went back for clean up lol :D I did eventually get it because in 2 places enemies do respawn frequently (like every hour) ..but i would have preferred they spawned in that place with the burnt down building and plane crash :D

pacmanate
10-11-2013, 06:22 PM
Yup. Just like Conner, Eddard and Enzio.

Enzio irritates me so much. Conner is just lazy, and Eddard... never seen that one

Black_Widow9
10-12-2013, 01:52 AM
Since this isn't necessarily AC specific, in my opinion the only time I get angry about glitches is if it affects my save data or I get stuck without being able to progress. Tiny things don't bug me as they usually aren't "game breaking". An excess is horrible sure but sometimes things are so picked apart my head wants to implode but its also a two way street. It is this exact passion and love for games that makes us gamers.

SixKeys
10-12-2013, 02:46 AM
Speaking of glitches, I just tried playing AC3 singleplayer for the first time in months. "So many people keep praising it", I find myself thinking time and again, "there must be something I'm missing".

Something always goes wrong when I try to play this game. Every. Single. Time. It's un-freaking-believable.

In the first five minutes - 5! - I encountered my first glitch when double icons for missions appeared on the map. The map showed I could have a conversation with George Washington, but when I went to the appointed place, there was nothing there.

Second glitch was when I was just walking around New York, incognito, and suddenly I get attacked by redcoats for no reason. Twice. After the first time I double-checked whether I had actually been notorious, but nope. And then it happened again a few moments later. Again, for no reason. I wasn't on a mission, wasn't climbing or even running and my status was incognito.

Third time I was in the middle of a mission when the game failed to tell me what I was supposed to do next. I didn't even know if I was supposed to remain incognito or if it was safe to wander out. Luckily I managed to stealthily kill a guard after which the mission prompts kindly decided to show up again.

Fourth time I just said "**** this" when I was supposed to restart a mission because a) the full sync first popped up as "complete" and then UN-completed itself again after I reached a checkpoint, and b) the map directed me to the next checkpoint which, upon arrival, I was unable to interact with.

It's not even worth mentioning how many red icons the mini-map showed for guards that weren't even there. That's just par for the course.

All this was within half an hour, mind.

I was hoping to push on through since I got to what I considered one of the 'fun' parts of the game on my first playthrough (Haytham and Connor working together), but I just don't have it in me to finish this game for the second time.

SixKeys
10-12-2013, 02:50 AM
Oh! I totally forgot to mention the guard at a fort whom I shot with the bow (he was a regular guard, so one shot should have been enough) and he began to collapse, then suddenly miraculously recovered and just stood there with an arrow sticking out of his neck.

Not to mention when a courier/snitch spawned inside a fort I had just liberated (5 minutes after I killed him the first time, I might mention) and he only needed to look at me to send all bluecoats to suddenly attack me.

If these were single, isolated incidents, I wouldn't be so godd*mn pissed, but so many annoying glitches within half an hour really makes me rage.

Lowly Assassin
10-12-2013, 07:00 AM
S

Third time I was in the middle of a mission when the game failed to tell me what I was supposed to do next. I didn't even know if I was supposed to remain incognito or if it was safe to wander out. Luckily I managed to stealthily kill a guard after which the mission prompts kindly decided to show up again.
i find this a runing theme in AC3
not being told what i am supposed to be doing, in earlier AC games we had, Viddic, then Lucy the 16 to some extent holding our hand and telling us what to do but in 3 sometimes a mission would start and the dialog between the 2 characters (Me and the quest/mission giver) would not indicate the main objective of the mission let alone the constraints, now when i play games, i like to play them at least twice, once as the hardcore gamer that understands everything and pays attention and knows whats going on, even if its not said, but the second play through
the play through where yes i am playing this game but i'm not interested in reading on screen text that is not presented in a game theme way, which means no reading mission constraints or those annoying/helpful tips, i found myself lost as connor would not talk to himself like ezio did when faced with a challenge, "oh i must climb this building to get a better view" or "i must find another way in" simple things like that can be seen as annoying but also help to develop a bond between the gamer and the character as there is a dialog there, even if its for the player/ gamer to attempt mimicry and so things like "no Sh** Sherlock" or "you think" it seems to add amusement to people who don't want such a thing, but also adds direction to those that are not really paying attention

Lowly Assassin
10-12-2013, 10:37 AM
speaking of glitches
i 2 minutes ago encounter the best one i have seen so far,
while playing manhunt i joined a match in progress, round one hiding, 4 minutes to go, i run i hide i die, then i spawn in with a compass, i think right this is weird, maybe i can see who is coming towards me, so i hide, no hidden bonus, 3 blue triangle in top right corner, no big picture of targets and no approach meter, a priest runs past, blue arrow on his head, so i press (X) (Kill) like erm whats going on, then my team mate runs along and gets a ground finish, so now 3 minutes left on round 2, i haven't switched teams as i made note of who was on which side.
how very very bizarre, but it was fun, so i think of a new mode, manhunt, 1 ten minute round, and if all the hiding people are dead or x meters away from the hunters, then the sides randomly switch, that would keep people on their toes, it sure kept me on my toes,

TheWakfulCrane
11-24-2013, 12:52 AM
Recently in Assassin's creed 4, I completed all Assassin contracts and expected to get the pistol sword (a reward for completing them all), however it just keeps on telling me that I need to complete all the contracts. I don't know what to do and it's kind of annoying since I spent quite some time on those missions:mad:

mispel2
11-24-2013, 02:02 AM
Well I got a glitch and the problem is I started an assassination mission and I destroyed the boat when it was docked and now it is still saying that I need to kill "Juan Garcia" but he isn't there...