PDA

View Full Version : Lost too much...

phoenix-force411
10-10-2013, 12:30 AM
Altair:
-Forced to kill Al Mualim
-Lost Maria
-Lost one of his sons
-Lost the order(eventually was regained)

Ezio:
-Lost his father
-Lost both of his brothers
-Lost Christina Vespucci
-Lost Mario Auditore.
-Lost Caterina S'Forza
-Lost Yusuf

Connor:
-Lost his mother
-Had to kill his best friend
-Forced to kill his father
-Lost his village
-Lost Achilles

All three protagonists have lost a lot over the course of their duty as an assassin.

Altair made the codex, and with each page, lies chapters of his life, pictures, and schematics(blueprints). He made the Masyaf Keys only to know nothing of its true intentions. Altair was obsessed with the apple, although, he tried break away, it always had more to show him. Towards the end of his life, he remained lonely even when he died and when he was alive, dying in the very vault he had created to seal the apple. Like what Ezio said, the assassins and the order were his life, he had no other.

Ezio became involved within the assassin order at a young age of 17 after the deaths of his father and brothers. Grown up to cast aside his anger and show respect towards his enemies through training. Ezio later became the Mentor of the Assassin Brotherhood within his middle to late 40s in Rome, and eventually, he fell in love with Sophia Sartor in Constantinople. Gathering Altair's keys within Constantinople, he returned to Masyaf to only find out that the Ancient Library was just a vault with only Altair's corpse and his apple. Knowing the curse of the apple as it has led him to keep staying on the path of an assassin, he rejects the apple and finally understands that his purpose of struggle and living was mainly to be a messenger(regarding what Minerva told him). Ezio later retired to the countryside along with Sophia and their two children.

Connor was a man who stood between the Templars and the(now weakened)Assassin Order. Born into a world that was hard to understand, he is a gentle person at heart who refuses to shed blood unless necessary. Losing his mother at a young age, he was raised by his village folks, and then finally left his village after Juno gives him a reason to. Trained and later inducted into the Assassin Brotherhood by Achilles, he goes on a constant struggle in keeping his village safe while seeking out Templars that need to die. Eventually, he meets up with his father, Haytham Kenway, and forging a temporary alliance with one another, he tried to make suggestions and reasons with Haytham on why can't the Assassins and the Templars work together. He later learns of the truth behind the attack of his village and murder of his mother when he was young. Knowing the truth that Washington was the one who ordered the attack on his village, he severs his ties with Washington and Haytham, only to try and stop his village folks from attacking Washington's troops. Chasing down Charles Lee after killing his best friend, he plans to attack the now weakened Lee within the Templar controlled fort, Fort George. Fighting by sea and eventually by land, he is later injured by a cannon ball hit near him. Connor meets up with his father in a last confrontation to the death, and ends up killing Haytham, and proceeds onto chasing Lee. After chasing Lee to a ferry and then into a boat still in construction within Boston, the two fell through the floor. Connor, who is injured in the torso by a piece of sharp wood, and Lee who is unscathed, Lee yells at Connor only to be surprised with a pistol shot to the stomach and left fatally injured to escape to the Frontier. Connor chases down Lee to the Conestoga Inn, and eventually kills Lee and takes the Amulet to be buried next to a few graves. From thereon, he learns of why he was named "Connor" by Achilles. In the end, Connor questions Juno on why nothing went as she said it would, and that his people were forced out of their valley.

Connor, Ezio, and Altair, all share the fate of being played and manipulated throughout their lives by TOWCB, and at a great cost....

LoyalACFan
10-10-2013, 12:32 AM
Edward- Lost his promiscuity after contracting herpes

silvermercy
10-10-2013, 12:33 AM
oh snap!

But seriously great post OP. I agree that everyone had to face some great losses in their life.

(Also, you may add to the list that Altair also lost a finger. :p)

phoenix-force411
10-10-2013, 12:34 AM
Lol! Still, these three characters go through a lot of stuff. I can't believe they haven't broken down yet. Altair and Connor I felt the most sadness for... :'(

Jexx21
10-10-2013, 12:35 AM
everyone else made a thread so I made one too

LoyalACFan
10-10-2013, 12:38 AM
Lol! Still, these three characters go through a lot of stuff. I can't believe they haven't broken down yet. Altair and Connor I felt the most sadness for... :'(

Yeah, you're right. I was just being silly. I actually felt really bad for Ezio too after Cristina died. It's a shame ACB didn't really show the impact of that loss in his actions. ACR Ezio was great though.

phoenix-force411
10-10-2013, 12:38 AM
oh snap!

But seriously great post OP. I agree that everyone had to face some great losses in their life.

(Also, you may add to the list that Altair also lost a finger. :p)
I thought it wasn't too relevant to add since it doesn't affect the character emotionally.

adventurewomen
10-10-2013, 12:40 AM
I agree with everything wholeheartedly! All Assassins so far have lost so much in their lives, and it's sad however it makes their stories interesting & compelling!

Great post OP! :)

silvermercy
10-10-2013, 12:40 AM
I thought it wasn't too relevant to add since it doesn't affect the character emotionally.
Yes, I was just kidding. ^_^ (even though... it must have impacted him emotionally, too... hmmm... If I lost my finger I'd go crazy! - But that's for another thread! lol)

phoenix-force411
10-10-2013, 12:41 AM
Yeah, you're right. I was just being silly. I actually felt really bad for Ezio too after Cristina died. It's a shame ACB didn't really show the impact of that loss in his actions. ACR Ezio was great though.

I felt the most sadness for Altair and Connor, because in the end, they remain alone. The lost more than they've gained, and Ezio, didn't have a happy ending either, but he still had family and his own as well.

Shahkulu101
10-10-2013, 12:42 AM
They try to create to much feelz. Make a guy that winz 4 wonz gahd oobisaft

adventurewomen
10-10-2013, 12:43 AM
I was deeply moved with how lonely Connor felt at the end of AC3, I wanted to give him a hug!

Shahkulu101
10-10-2013, 12:45 AM
I was deeply moved with how lonely Connor felt at the end of AC3, I wanted to give him a hug!

I wanted him to die.

Seriously I think that would've been a great ending befitting of Connor's tragic story.

phoenix-force411
10-10-2013, 12:46 AM
I agree with everything wholeheartedly! All Assassins so far have lost so much in their lives, and it's sad however it makes their stories interesting & compelling!

Great post OP! :)

It's that sense of lost that keeps them going, but it explains why some people rather just help the assassins but not become one. And all three protagonists are a clear example of that.

phoenix-force411
10-10-2013, 12:53 AM
I wanted him to die.

Seriously I think that would've been a great ending befitting of Connor's tragic story.

He wasn't prone to violence and would rather avoid it unless necessary or left with no choice. Thomas Hickey's word when he talks to Connor about wanting what he wants, but telling Connor that his hands will always be empty was quite of a foreshadowing end to how Connor will be at the end of his journey.

adventurewomen
10-10-2013, 01:00 AM
I wanted him to die.

I thought about what you said. I didn't want him to die, I would like Connor to experience companionship once again have a friend who is there for him and also Connor to experience true love. Just love in general is something that Connor needs in his life! Connor deserves happiness for once.

It's that sense of lost that keeps them going, but it explains why some people rather just help the assassins but not become one. And all three protagonists are a clear example of that.
I agree, it's like they all don't want the same thing to happen to others that's why they join the Assassins to protect the people from the Templars who inflict danger.

ArabianFrost
10-10-2013, 01:12 AM
lol. With AC4, everyone is gonna die. Even Edwardo. Pirate hunters, Templars and Reginalds. They're not even glorified deaths. Prepare yourselves for a lot of dem feelz in AC4. A lot of sad sad death feelz

Shahkulu101
10-10-2013, 01:18 AM
lol. With AC4, everyone is gonna die. Even Edwardo. Pirate hunters, Templars and Reginalds. They're not even glorified deaths. Prepare yourselves for a lot of dem feelz in AC4. A lot of sad sad death feelz

It'll be worse than a Shakespeare play.

LoyalACFan
10-10-2013, 01:52 AM

I'm almost positive that the circumstances of some of the more prominent deaths will be changed. They always are in AC.

STDlyMcStudpants
10-10-2013, 02:28 AM
There's one thing Connor will never lose.....
Am I right ladies ;D
Jk lol..he was just too busy for Ezio stuff

Azurefeatherfly
10-10-2013, 02:33 AM
@phoenix-force411, You forgot about Altair's parents. His mom died in childbirth and his father Umar was sold out by the father of Abbas and executed when Altair was only six.

Good thread, this very much reinforces what Ezio said to Shao Jun.

The life of an assassin is pain, Jun. You suffer it, you inflict it, you watch it happen in the hope that you can make it disappear in time. A terrible irony, but there you go

The greatest feat for any assassin in my opinion is to endure loneliness. In the end they are all tragic characters, because they have long accepted the reality that you cannot take life when you are not ready to give up your own. To be alone, to die alone, and be forgotten is a burden they start carrying as soon as they devote themselves this life and seeking the luxury of companionship is disrespect towards the power and act of taking lives.

For me, Altair was the epitome of all this because it requires amazing courage and willpower to die alone with no one to pass your will onto other than a magical DVD. He lived, fought, served, and died all for something he was never able to witness. Massive respect for The Flying One, Son of None.

EDIT:

I wanted him to die.

Our Native Assassin still has the most important job to do.

Conception of the next ancestor, he is not dying before that happens.

roostersrule2
10-10-2013, 07:10 AM
There's one thing Connor will never lose.....
Am I right ladies ;D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X_Ot0k4XJc

TheDanteEX
10-10-2013, 09:09 AM
Was it ever even mentioned what effect Caterina's death had on Ezio, if any?

Hans684
10-10-2013, 11:50 AM
Was it ever even mentioned what effect Caterina's death had on Ezio, if any?

In Revelations, he tough he would never fall in love again.

Kaschra
10-10-2013, 02:20 PM
Yupp. I checked the wikipedia articles for Edward's pirate friends, and... ****. I already feel attached to all the characters, so this is gonna hurt.

Azula2005
10-10-2013, 02:37 PM
Connor never really lost his mentor, he just died of old age.

TheDanteEX
10-10-2013, 05:24 PM
In Revelations, he tough he would never fall in love again.

I believe he was talking about Cristina's death only. He was probably over Caterina by Brotherhood's end, but they were still good friends I'm sure.

Stealth Gamer92
10-10-2013, 06:13 PM
That was depressing to read about Altair(I really want to play that game now). I know loss is a part of life, and those who devote themselves to a cause like the assassin's experience even more loss than most. I guess being able to know something and accepting it are different thing's though.

pacmanate
10-10-2013, 07:56 PM
Our Native Assassin still has the most important job to do.

Conception of the next ancestor, he is not dying before that happens.

All this says to me is you want to see him have sex. We dont NEED to see him conceive :|

johnrimmer1998
10-10-2013, 08:02 PM
The one thing Connor didn't lose was his virginity.

MT4K
10-10-2013, 08:09 PM
All this says to me is you want to see him have sex. We dont NEED to see him conceive :|

Are you suggesting you aren't interesting in watching pixels getting it on with each other? There's no love like pixel love, baby!!

In all seriousness though we already know he did the deed at some point otherwise we wouldn't have had Desmond in AC1 :p.

pacmanate
10-10-2013, 08:41 PM
Are you suggesting you aren't interesting in watching pixels getting it on with each other? There's no love like pixel love, baby!!

In all seriousness though we already know he did the deed at some point otherwise we wouldn't have had Desmond in AC1 :p.

Yup. Also we never saw Ezio conceive, only Altair.

Azurefeatherfly
10-10-2013, 10:31 PM
Yup. Also we never saw Ezio conceive, only Altair.

The only purpose for that part of my post was a reminder of the most basic law that exists within the context of the franchise and the animus. We cannot see an ancestor die while playing as that ancestor period. I feel like this needs to be constantly reiterated because ideas in this forum keep coming up that would break this law of the Assassins Creed verse.

Laws made for this universe are not made to be broken, they are always the first rules established and breaking them is absolutely unacceptable.

pacmanate
10-10-2013, 10:36 PM
The only purpose for that part of my post was a reminder of the most basic law that exists within the context of the franchise and the animus. We cannot see an ancestor die while playing as that ancestor period. I feel like this needs to be constantly reiterated because ideas in this forum keep coming up that would break this law of the Assassins Creed verse.

Laws made for this universe are not made to be broken, they are always the first rules established and breaking them is absolutely unacceptable.

But no one said we want to see Connor die?

Azurefeatherfly
10-10-2013, 11:44 PM
But no one said we want to see Connor die?

This quote:

I wanted him to die.

swordxslash
10-10-2013, 11:52 PM
Connor never really lost his mentor, he just died of old age.

Death is loss....no matter how it happens.

roostersrule2
10-10-2013, 11:54 PM
Death is loss....no matter how it happens.Yep, although it was in a lighter context it's still a loss.