PDA

View Full Version : Is the Wii U version of Assassin's creed Blackflag going to get the DLC?

lonewolf1985
10-08-2013, 10:44 PM
Is the Wii U version of Assassin's creed Blackflag going to get the DLC? If not then Ubisoft has no right to complain when the Wii u version doesn't sell well. It is not listed in the video here for the Wii U.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jErWyTClLPE

deskp
10-09-2013, 12:48 AM
Is the Wii U version of Assassin's creed Blackflag going to get the DLC? If not then Ubisoft has no right to complain when the Wii u version doesn't sell well. It is not listed in the video here for the Wii U.

The wii u version wouldn't sell well either way.

phoenix-force411
10-09-2013, 04:20 AM
The wii u version wouldn't sell well either way.

That's harsh, but I can't argue with that. ACIII & Mass Effect 3 didn't even sell too well on the Wii U. Wii U will get ACIV: Black Flag, but I think this DLC and maybe some others might be exclusive to the current consoles and the new-gens....

LoyalACFan
10-09-2013, 04:25 AM
That's harsh, but I can't argue with that. ACIII & Mass Effect 3 didn't even sell too well on the Wii U. Wii U will get ACIV: Black Flag, but I think this DLC and maybe some others might be exclusive to the current consoles and the new-gens....

Yep. I doubt Ubi really plans on selling well on Wii U tbh, they're just sorta obligated to make a version for it. Barring Nintendo exclusives, I don't think any games are going to sell extraordinarily well on it. The console itself was a misfire IMO, and it may knock Nintendo out of the console race altogether.

phoenix-force411
10-09-2013, 04:46 AM
Yep. I doubt Ubi really plans on selling well on Wii U tbh, they're just sorta obligated to make a version for it. Barring Nintendo exclusives, I don't think any games are going to sell extraordinarily well on it. The console itself was a misfire IMO, and it may knock Nintendo out of the console race altogether.

True, the Wii U should have waited and prep'd on until later this year or next year, but since it came out already, no new hardware or modifications can be made since it'll be unfair for those who ordered theirs during the Wii U release. Wii U will be or might be forgotten once PlayStation 4 and Xbox One release. Even I forget that the Wii U existed for ACIII and Mass Effect 3.

Rugterwyper32
10-09-2013, 05:09 AM

If you think Nintendo will drop out of the console race that easily, you've got another thing coming. Nevermind the fact the WiiU makes profit from selling one console and a game as it is, even Nintendo's worst selling home console, the Gamecube, made a profit. And if they can set themselves with a secondary console with the usual Nintendo exclusives, they'll keep on going, even though I think sales won't ever reach Wii levels again. And the 3DS is printing them money anyway.

As for AC3 and Mass Effect 3... Besides the usual 3rd party games not doing that well on Nintendo consoles with a few exceptions (the Sonic series comes to mind), the AC series didn't exactly have a following among Nintendo fans and many who got into it already had another console to go with the Wii (in my case, the Xbox360 which is how I got into it) or were exposed to the series by the DS games which, let's face it, isn't exactly a good representation of the series.
And Mass Effect 3 was released very close to the release of the trilogy, if I'm right, and again, most players who were into the Mass Effect series had exposure to the series from the other consoles. I think just releasing the trilogy for the WiiU would have been better. Not mindblowing sales, but probably much better than they were.

This gen will probably be like last, just with the WiiU not being even close to Wii levels of sales: People will get a WiiU for Nintendo games and whatever other exclusives Nintendo gets (Sonic Lost World comes to mind) and another of the two consoles for third party games and the respective exclusives that interest the users of each console most.

phoenix-force411
10-09-2013, 05:16 AM
If you think Nintendo will drop out of the console race that easily, you've got another thing coming. Nevermind the fact the WiiU makes profit from selling one console and a game as it is, even Nintendo's worst selling home console, the Gamecube, made a profit. And if they can set themselves with a secondary console with the usual Nintendo exclusives, they'll keep on going, even though I think sales won't ever reach Wii levels again. And the 3DS is printing them money anyway.

As for AC3 and Mass Effect 3... Besides the usual 3rd party games not doing that well on Nintendo consoles with a few exceptions (the Sonic series comes to mind), the AC series didn't exactly have a following among Nintendo fans and many who got into it already had another console to go with the Wii (in my case, the Xbox360 which is how I got into it) or were exposed to the series by the DS games which, let's face it, isn't exactly a good representation of the series.
And Mass Effect 3 was released very close to the release of the trilogy, if I'm right, and again, most players who were into the Mass Effect series had exposure to the series from the other consoles. I think just releasing the trilogy for the WiiU would have been better. Not mindblowing sales, but probably much better than they were.

This gen will probably be like last, just with the WiiU not being even close to Wii levels of sales: People will get a WiiU for Nintendo games and whatever other exclusives Nintendo gets (Sonic Lost World comes to mind) and another of the two consoles for third party games and the respective exclusives that interest the users of each console most.

What will happen to Nintendo after Nintendo Exclusives. Nintendo is very dependent on their exclusives since they're classic hits. Mario feels like it's reaching the point where it is being overused...

Rugterwyper32
10-09-2013, 05:27 AM
What will happen to Nintendo after Nintendo Exclusives. Nintendo is very dependent on their exclusives since they're classic hits. Mario feels like it's reaching the point where it is being overused...

And yet Super Mario 3D Land for the 3DS sold over 8 million, and even though sales of the Wii U are less than stellar, New Super Mario Bros U. (accused of being a rehash, no less) has sold over 2 and a half million. Mind you, the amount of Wii U games sold up to June 2013 is of 14 million, so we're talking about a big part of the game sales here. Mario, Donkey Kong and Zelda are still pretty consistent in terms of good sales, so honestly, even if they're considered overused, people still like them. A good thing about consistency, they're basically icons. Even games with different concepts Nintendo releases are related to Mario in many cases, just look at Mario Kart, all the Mario sports games or even Super Smash Bros. They'll probably keep Nintendo afloat for quite a while, and even if they decide not to stay on consoles their portables have basically no real competition.

phoenix-force411
10-09-2013, 05:43 AM
And yet Super Mario 3D Land for the 3DS sold over 8 million, and even though sales of the Wii U are less than stellar, New Super Mario Bros U. (accused of being a rehash, no less) has sold over 2 and a half million. Mind you, the amount of Wii U games sold up to June 2013 is of 14 million, so we're talking about a big part of the game sales here. Mario, Donkey Kong and Zelda are still pretty consistent in terms of good sales, so honestly, even if they're considered overused, people still like them. A good thing about consistency, they're basically icons. Even games with different concepts Nintendo releases are related to Mario in many cases, just look at Mario Kart, all the Mario sports games or even Super Smash Bros. They'll probably keep Nintendo afloat for quite a while, and even if they decide not to stay on consoles their portables have basically no real competition.

Still laughing at the Nintendo 2DS. FAIL!

roostersrule2
10-09-2013, 07:17 AM
It should have it, if they're releasing the game on it may as well release the DLC too.

phoenix-force411
10-09-2013, 07:27 AM
It should have it, if they're releasing the game on it may as well release the DLC too.

I think Wii U was lucky enough to even get Tyranny of King Washington DLC... I sometimes forget that Multiplayer exists for that platform....

Mr_Shade
10-09-2013, 09:24 PM
Hi Guys,

There will be no DLC on the WiiU version of ACIV: Black Flag.

comaamen86
10-09-2013, 09:49 PM
forget dlc its lucky its getting a release

pacmanate
10-09-2013, 09:52 PM
forget dlc its lucky its getting a release

This, basically. Many 3rd parties don't even want anything to do with Nintendo.

comaamen86
10-09-2013, 09:59 PM
This, basically. Many 3rd parties don't even want anything to do with Nintendo.

and just to balance ea is releasing fifa 14 on ps2 not wii u

so ps2 is more viable

my first thought on when i saw wii u gamepad was good on em championing disabled gamers

then i realized they meant it was for everybody, and had a little cry for nintendo

phoenix-force411
10-09-2013, 11:01 PM
Hi Guys,

There will be no DLC on the WiiU version of ACIV: Black Flag.

A bit harsh to drop the bomb abruptly, but I was totally expecting a "no".

LeftistHominid
10-09-2013, 11:25 PM
Going to cancel my GameStop preorder today. I'll preorder the PC version now if Ubisoft is going to treat the Wii U like crap.

LoyalACFan
10-09-2013, 11:37 PM

Oh, don't get me wrong, they won't disappear completely. They're still kings in the handheld market. But as far as home consoles are concerned, they're not even a contender anymore. Wii sold enough units to seriously compete with PS3 and 360, largely because of the motion control system which was pretty novel at the time and capitalized on the "fitness" label. But Wii U is flopping hard. And Sony and Microsoft are about to release products that will make it flop even harder. It's not even on many people's radar. Believe it or not, I didn't even know Nintendo was releasing a new console until like a few days before it launched. It's just utterly overshadowed by PS4 and Xbone.

ProBomb2013
10-10-2013, 12:49 AM
No DLC huh? Well then what do you call the pre order "exlusives"? DLC...... their called dlc.....

phoenix-force411
10-10-2013, 12:56 AM
No DLC huh? Well then what do you call the pre order "exlusives"? DLC...... their called dlc.....

You mean, they're called DLCs... :D They might get some content, but this DLC is probably not for Wii U.

Rugterwyper32
10-10-2013, 01:16 AM
Oh, don't get me wrong, they won't disappear completely. They're still kings in the handheld market. But as far as home consoles are concerned, they're not even a contender anymore. Wii sold enough units to seriously compete with PS3 and 360, largely because of the motion control system which was pretty novel at the time and capitalized on the "fitness" label. But Wii U is flopping hard. And Sony and Microsoft are about to release products that will make it flop even harder. It's not even on many people's radar. Believe it or not, I didn't even know Nintendo was releasing a new console until like a few days before it launched. It's just utterly overshadowed by PS4 and Xbone.

Even then, I don't think they'll just leave the console market. Yeah, the Wii U is not doing that well and I can imagine it having a relatively short life cycle, but it's just one flop and even then, they'll probably still make profit (The Gamecube sold only 22 million consoles in its lifetime, even less than the original Xbox, and still made profit). So what I think will probably happen is a shorter lifespan, followed by a change of plans for the next console.
And yeah, many people didn't know about that. At first I thought it was only the tablet controller for the Wii, then I learned it was a new console. So I can admit they haven't done the best job advertising, and the barren game releases haven't helped. I can actually see this ending very much like the 6th gen, Nintendo selling decently and making a profit but being behind the rest, Microsoft messed up and don't ever underestimate customer ignorance (I expect many people will be confused by the Xbox One name) plus their anti-consumer stances at first having damaged some things, and the PS4 outselling everyone else handily.

ProBomb2013
10-10-2013, 01:30 AM
You mean, they're called DLCs... :D They might get some content, but this DLC is probably not for Wii U.

lol oops, but either way it still dosent make sense, you get all the dlc's from ac3 which to tell you the truth I didn't like non of them in opinion, but still..... all the Dlc's <-------- I got it lol

roostersrule2
10-10-2013, 07:11 AM
They usually have nothing to do with the Season Pass. http://www.derrckmde.com/1.jpg
http://www.derrckmde.com/2.jpg
http://www.derrckmde.com/3.jpg
http://www.derrckmde.com/4.jpg
http://www.derrckmde.com/5.jpgShut up.