PDA

View Full Version : Assassin’s Creed® IV black flag™ season pass and Freedom Cry downloadable content

Mr_Shade
10-08-2013, 05:00 PM
London, UK — October 8, 2013 — Today, Ubisoft® announced post launch downloadable content for Assassin’s Creed® IV Black Flag™, available for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Xbox One console from Microsoft, PlayStation®4 from Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. and Windows PC.

The Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag downloadable content features additional single player missions, including ‘Freedom Cry’, a nine mission self-contained story featuring Edward Kenway’s first mate Adewale.
A Season Pass will be available for purchase at the launch of the game on PlayStation 4, Playstation 3, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC, and will include the below downloadable game content at a 20 percent discount:

Freedom Cry: Born a slave, Adewale found freedom as a pirate aboard the Jackdaw as Captain Edward Kenway’s second-in-command. Fifteen years later, Adewale has become a trained assassin and finds himself shipwrecked in Saint-Domingue with no weapon nor crew, starting a new adventure of his own.

The Exclusive Kraken Ship Pack – Only available to Season Pass owners, this pack includes personalization elements for the Jackdaw

New ways to personalize the player’s pirate experience – Additional single player missions, weapons, skins, and collectibles

More Multiplayer Mayhem – Unlock new characters for an even more expansive multiplayer experience

Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag Season Pass grants a 20 percent savings off the regular price of each individual downloadable pack to be released before March 2014, and is available on PlayStation 4, Playstation 3, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC.

Pre-order “Assassin's Creed® IV Black Flag™ Uplay Digital Deluxe Edition” on Uplay Shop and save 25% on the season pass! http://shop.ubi.com/ac4deluxe (http://shop.ubi.com/ac4deluxe)

For more information on Assassin’s Creed, please visit: assassinscreed.com (http://assassinscreed.com) and facebook.com/assassinscreed (http://www.facebook.com/assassinscreed).

About Assassin’s Creed
Initially launched in 2007, the first five Assassin’s Creed games have sold more than 57 million units worldwide, and the franchise is now established as one of the best-selling series ever. Recognized for having some of the richest, most engrossing storytelling in the industry, Assassin’s Creed transcends video games, branching out into other entertainment experiences including comic books, mobile games, novels, as well as a feature-length movie currently in development.

About Ubisoft:
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has offices in 26 countries and has sales in more than 55 countries around the globe. It is committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to consumers. For the 2012-13 fiscal year Ubisoft generated sales of €1,256 million. To learn more, please visit: www.ubisoftgroup.com (http://www.ubisoftgroup.com)

© 2013 Ubisoft Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. Assassin’s Creed, Black Flag and Ubisoft, and the Ubisoft logo are trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the US and/or other countries.

”, “PlayStation” and “PS3” are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. “http://forums.ubi.com/webkit-fake-url://DBDCAC6D-6EB8-4113-A642-40172B4AE6E0/pastedGraphic_1.pdf“ is a trademark of the same company.
Kinect, Windows, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox LIVE, and the Xbox logos are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies and are used under license from Microsoft.

Freedom Cry DLC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoxNjLX4M-A

aidan_r
10-08-2013, 05:38 PM
Ok season pass announced, fair enough. What does this mean for the discrepancy as pointed out before where the gold edition for NCSA region on Steam contains the season pass and the digital deluxe edition for all other regions does not yet they are the same price?

And I'm also confused about the phrasing:
Pre-order “Assassin's Creed® IV Black Flag™ Uplay Digital Deluxe Edition” on Uplay Shop and save 25% on the season pass!

Does that mean the season pass is included in the digital deluxe edition or do we get a discount when we go to buy the season pass seperately?

Brostok
10-08-2013, 05:44 PM
We get a discount.

Edit : we should but the discount is not applied as I tested just a few minutes ago

Erathiel
10-08-2013, 06:19 PM
nope, i mistake, price still didn't had discount applied to it, think we need to wait for release day to see something changed there

Karatheodori
10-08-2013, 07:23 PM
So, the Season Pass is not included in The Buccaneer Edition I will buy, right?

Skorpys
10-08-2013, 07:32 PM
So, the Season Pass is not included in The Buccaneer Edition I will buy, right?

Doesn't seem like it, no, nor in my Black Chest :S

Though I think it could be reasonable that we get discounts too! Not to start a flame war, nor to say we must get one or deserve one, but it could be argued for, at least if one buys through Uplay.

Dalver
10-09-2013, 09:38 AM
In sweden, where I live, the only editions available are the regular and the skull edition. The skull edition doesn't contain all singleplayer missions, such as Avelines missions and some "island" missions. The rest of the "island" missions as well as Avelines missions are included in the Digital Deluxe Edition on Steam and as far as I can see, Steam is the only place that has ALL single player content, minus the season pass. But the Steam Digital Deluxe doesn't contain the artbook, which I am very interested in.

So, I still want the Skull edition, but how do I get my hands on the rest of the content? Avelines content isn't anywhere in any shop neither are the extra "island" missions.

The description of the Season Pass says "The Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag downloadable content features additional single player missions, including ‘Freedom Cry’...". It says additional single player INCLUDING freedom cry, which I take will contain OTHER single player missions also. But which ones? Avelines? More "islands"?

Regards

AntiChrist7
10-09-2013, 01:41 PM
I assume the pre-order of the black chest edition doesnt include the season pass or the other digital content? Cause im contemplating to cancel my black chest order and get the uplay digital one: i dont care much for the memorabilia, its mostly all the digital content (missions, costumes), i want

Is this possible? (cause i already received the case with the wtch codes and stuff).

Mr_Shade
10-11-2013, 12:29 PM
I would contact the store support with your order information and check.

AntiChrist7
10-11-2013, 09:40 PM
I would contact the store support with your order information and check.

I want to do that, but whenever i go to the store support-contact us, there is no emailadres whatsoever or ticket support. Its blannk under "you need more help?'

Skar_DCS-SDR
10-11-2013, 10:39 PM
I assume the pre-order of the black chest edition doesnt include the season pass or the other digital content? Cause im contemplating to cancel my black chest order and get the uplay digital one: i dont care much for the memorabilia, its mostly all the digital content (missions, costumes), i want

Is this possible? (cause i already received the case with the wtch codes and stuff).

I thought Black Chest would includes "All existing additional Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag Unlockable In-Game Content, including single player missions, skins and weapons"

I thought ALL EXISTING ADDITIONAL CONTENT should be all existing additional content, not ALL LESS DLCs.

Black Chest Edition should include the Season Pass, isn't it?

YayaTourette
10-12-2013, 06:05 PM
... "All existing additional Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag Unlockable In-Game Content, including single player missions, skins and weapons"

No wonder everyone gets confused, when not even UBI gets things straight: ULC is not DLC!

ULC = extras already included in the game from day one, but depending on your unlock codes that came with your editions
DLC = content downloads, that need individual download codes and have to be bought separately
Season Pass = pack of DLCs and/or ULCs, that come together at a discount but are not included in the different game editiions. Usually for UBI the pre-order ULC codes come packaged here as well, but are called DLC for whatever reason. The individual codes and files may not be available right from the start but may become available one after another in a certain time-frame after release. This is where UBISHOP and their handling Partner Digital River have been messing up big time in the past, not processing online orders correctly and thus being unable to provide codes and/or files in a proper manner (see AC3 and GRFS season passes).

I think UBIs marketing needs to be more precise on whats what.

P.S.: Oh, and let's hope that UBIs/DRs business processes don't mess up again with the rollout of the DLCs/season passes AGAIN!

Regards,
Mork

Skar_DCS-SDR
10-13-2013, 12:09 PM
No wonder everyone gets confused, when not even UBI gets things straight: ULC is not DLC!

ULC = extras already included in the game from day one, but depending on your unlock codes that came with your editions
DLC = content downloads, that need individual download codes and have to be bought separately
Season Pass = pack of DLCs and/or ULCs, that come together at a discount but are not included in the different game editiions. Usually for UBI the pre-order ULC codes come packaged here as well, but are called DLC for whatever reason. The individual codes and files may not be available right from the start but may become available one after another in a certain time-frame after release. This is where UBISHOP and their handling Partner Digital River have been messing up big time in the past, not processing online orders correctly and thus being unable to provide codes and/or files in a proper manner (see AC3 and GRFS season passes).

I think UBIs marketing needs to be more precise on whats what.

P.S.: Oh, and let's hope that UBIs/DRs business processes don't mess up again with the rollout of the DLCs/season passes AGAIN!

Regards,
Mork

Thank you. I've understood all.

But, I hope ubisoft changes its DLC/ULC politic in the future. Another companies give the Season Pass with their biggest edition, that have a similar prize than Black Chest. We trust Ubisoft buying directly to them the Black Chest, and we want that Ubisoft give us the best product.

In fact, quality/price rate, Black Chest only have 2 canvas prints and a flag more than Bucaneer, it costs 50€? Finally we pay 170€ for Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag, very very expensive I think.
And we must buy the Season Pass, because if we only buy Freedom Cry, multiplayer characters and the Kraken Ship, will cost similar than the season pass, and we already have the unlockable content.

I am very disapointing with Black Chest, I expected more from Ubisoft

Mr_Shade
10-14-2013, 01:26 PM
I want to do that, but whenever i go to the store support-contact us, there is no emailadres whatsoever or ticket support. Its blannk under "you need more help?'
www.support.ubi.com

Click 'my questions' on the left hand side.

At the top - click 'ask a question' and you should be able to do so from there.

You can also call support -

http://www.ubi.com/US/Support/InternationalSupport.aspx

andynaruto10
10-21-2013, 03:00 PM
The Season Pass does NOT include a DLC with all ULCs from the special editions like AC 3 and Revelations had. Please make a DLC with all the content from the special editions + deluxe with Aveline missions. I already bought the Skull Edition, I won't buy the deluxe edition just for the extra missions. They should come in a DLC.

Nachofreaken
10-23-2013, 11:35 PM
The Season Pass does NOT include a DLC with all ULCs from the special editions like AC 3 and Revelations had. Please make a DLC with all the content from the special editions + deluxe with Aveline missions. I already bought the Skull Edition, I won't buy the deluxe edition just for the extra missions. They should come in a DLC.

Are you sure about this. It contains a pirates pack and some ship packs. What are these then?

andynaruto10
10-23-2013, 11:50 PM
Are you sure about this. It contains a pirates pack and some ship packs. What are these then?

- Pirates pack
- Multiplayer characters pack
- Death Vessel pack
- Crusader & Florentine Pack

I don't think they are the same missions as the ones from the black chest edition.

Can you please be more specific, Ubi?

fajarmf94
10-28-2013, 01:40 PM
well, i want to ask for you, do AC IV Digital Deluxe no have content about season pass DLC?

andynaruto10
10-30-2013, 05:21 AM

I'm repeating myself: Please make a DLC and include it in the Season Pass just like you did with the Hidden Secrets Pack from AC 3. Is it so hard to put all the bonus content from the Deluxe Edition in a DLC? I won't but the Season Pass if you won't make it.

And fajarmf94, the answer is no. The Deluxe Edition does NOT include the Season Pass.

Secu12
10-30-2013, 07:26 AM
This bonus content Freedom Cry it's split in episodes just like The Tyranny Of King Washington or will be all of it unlocked from the beginning?
Also, when it will be available?

L.E. Isn't available to all regions? If i connect to the page with my country's proxy I get the error "Product not available". If I switch to UK proxy, the page loads normally. I live in Romania.

Rfaurora
11-02-2013, 09:46 AM
So just so I understand this as its not clear: Does the season pass mean I have access to all DLC like the AC3 season pass, or do I have to buy the DLC as it comes out, but with a 20% discount? Also, I got the season pass, but I still have to pay for the Time Saver content if I want it? What's up with that?

Mr_Shade
11-02-2013, 08:43 PM
So just so I understand this as its not clear: Does the season pass mean I have access to all DLC like the AC3 season pass, or do I have to buy the DLC as it comes out, but with a 20% discount? Also, I got the season pass, but I still have to pay for the Time Saver content if I want it? What's up with that?
Hi,

The DLC will be free - assuming you use the game menu to download them - they will appear in the Marketplace / Store on the console, however you will pay for them if you use that method to download - so check the 'Additional Content' menu in game for the DLC to make sure you are not paying twice!!

Once you buy the Season pass - you get the listed contents for free [if you use the in game menu as above] when they are released - release dates to be confirmed.

Shortcuts - such as the 'Time Saver' packs - maybe excluded, since they are not DLC - just shortcuts [unlocks] and not listed as contents for the season pass.

Tyrhydion
11-03-2013, 08:00 PM
Hi,

in my pre-order set there was an exclusive treasure map with a 19 digit code for a "surprise" on launch date. Now that launch date is over I got that surprise anyway with my Ubisoft-Login, which seemingly generated a new code which allowed me to activate three exclusive treasures. So I guess that code from the pre-ordering is still available, at least I think so. Or does the pre-order code entitle to a different goodie?

If anyone's interested, I could give away that code to a lucky gamer, but not before thursday next week (not at home now for the next couple of days). anyone down for a goodie? :)

Syrupvip
11-04-2013, 12:31 AM
Hi,

in my pre-order set there was an exclusive treasure map with a 19 digit code for a "surprise" on launch date. Now that launch date is over I got that surprise anyway with my Ubisoft-Login, which seemingly generated a new code which allowed me to activate three exclusive treasures. So I guess that code from the pre-ordering is still available, at least I think so. Or does the pre-order code entitle to a different goodie?

If anyone's interested, I could give away that code to a lucky gamer, but not before thursday next week (not at home now for the next couple of days). anyone down for a goodie? :)

Oh I'd be down for a goodie.

Skorpys
11-04-2013, 07:03 AM
Goodie? Me goodie? Skorpys a GOOD minion,get goodie please? :P (Now, if only World of Warcraft demon minions acted like that, they might get something...besides sent off to battle while I loot :P)

Karatheodori
11-19-2013, 07:43 PM
I just received my code for Season Pass. Now how do I use it? I use it in game? Because I tried to activate it in uPlay (Activate a Product) and I got the message "This CD Key or Activation Code is already in use with another Uplay Account"

I have to mention that I have not yet installed AC4 (Not released for PC yet).

andynaruto10
11-19-2013, 08:42 PM
You have to activate the keys in the game as far as I know. So wait until you get it.

BlackThorne_CZ
11-23-2013, 06:23 AM
I just received my code for Season Pass. Now how do I use it? I use it in game? Because I tried to activate it in uPlay (Activate a Product) and I got the message "This CD Key or Activation Code is already in use with another Uplay Account"

I have to mention that I have not yet installed AC4 (Not released for PC yet).
Same here, I purchased season pass and I got the same message. Although I had the game already installed at the time. On the AC screen in uplay it says "owned" with season pass and some other DLCs but every time I try to copy to clipboard and activate in game ´this message will pop out. I have some of the content in game, but miss other things. I have kraken pack and for example. But no multiplayer characters no new window to start playing Adewale's missions and I'm little bit concerned now. Has anyone similar expirience?

professionalm
11-23-2013, 09:47 AM
why i can't play season pass i have purchase it when i open uplay i can see OWNED
but i can't play it why

j7stR
11-24-2013, 02:46 AM
I preordered so can I still get 25% off season pass now?

sharkdrutt
11-25-2013, 06:18 PM
I have bought the season pack, but I don't see the multiplayer chars, no adewale mission, etc...?
I only see the kraken pack...

MnemonicSyntax
11-25-2013, 06:44 PM
I have bought the season pack, but I don't see the multiplayer chars, no adewale mission, etc...?
I only see the kraken pack...

Freedom Cry is not out yet.

sharkdrutt
11-25-2013, 06:59 PM
Freedom Cry is not out yet.
Ah ok, thank you for the reply :)

the DLC news is not clear enough

TotalKore
11-29-2013, 02:17 PM
Does anybody know when freedom cry will be released on pc? Because I have the same "problem" as sharkdrutt. Thought I was going mental, saw everything showing up(kraken, ezio/altair sails, mp skins), except the Adewale missions, and that's the only reason I bought the season pass.

Thx in advance

MnemonicSyntax
12-01-2013, 01:26 AM
It's coming out "soon." That's all anyone knows.

i.koala
12-03-2013, 07:55 AM
The Russian UBI shop page states "Приобретите “Assassin's Creed® IV Чёрный флаг™ Uplay Digital Deluxe Edition” в магазине Uplay и получите скидку 25% на сезонный доступ к DLC!"
Well, I've purchased Uplay Digital Deluxe Edition, but now 25% discount does not apply to Season Pass. So that red statement is not clear enough. The game's shop page should state that one gets discount only when UDDE and SP are purchased simultaneously.

graczmocny
12-03-2013, 08:31 PM
It's coming out "soon." That's all anyone knows.

I hope we already knew when :(

-----------------------------------
Cukrzyca typu 1: przyczyny, objawy i leczenie (http://www.leczymysie.pl/choroby/cukrzyca-typu-1) - przeczytajcie jeżeli Was to interesuje

x___Luffy___x
12-03-2013, 08:47 PM
those who own season pass can tell me if they got the all the dlc's included in the Black chest edition as well ? like the black island and the mystery island ? thanks.

MnemonicSyntax
12-03-2013, 10:00 PM
those who own season pass can tell me if they got the all the dlc's included in the Black chest edition as well ? like the black island and the mystery island ? thanks.

Not the Season Pass, just the Gold Edition.

andynaruto10
12-03-2013, 10:27 PM
That Illustrious Pirates Pack has an image with the costumes you unlock from those 3 single-player missions (Hidden Mystery, Sacrificed Secrets and Black Island).
So it is possible that this DLC will contain these 3 missions.
As for the pre-order packs from the black chest edition, I don't think so...

Sandcracka
12-05-2013, 03:26 AM
A friend bought me the standard version of ACIV. Is there any way to purchase the season pass separate?

Denisimos2000
12-06-2013, 07:45 AM
Почему я не могу купить это дополнение?http://4put.ru/pictures/max/796/2446658.jpghttp://4put.ru/pictures/max/796/2446659.jpgЗадать вопрос в саппорт тоже не могу, пишет что ошибка....

andynaruto10
12-06-2013, 07:52 AM
A friend bought me the standard version of ACIV. Is there any way to purchase the season pass separate?
The Season Pass is separate from the game so yes, you can buy it.

andynaruto10
12-06-2013, 08:06 AM
Why can not I buy this add-on? Ask a question in a support can not either, says that the error .... I'm from Russia and writing through an interpreter.
I have no idea what is that. I see that you have enough money but who knows, maybe you must have more than that. Maybe the fee is higher.

Denisimos2000
12-06-2013, 09:40 AM
I found the reason: the fact that in Russian money can buy through a bank card, well, webmoney in the euro currency. Google translated, I hope it is clear :)

COOPOD
12-09-2013, 03:42 AM
Почему я не могу купить это дополнение?
Ты рак что ли? Всегда по факту вебмани берет процент за сделку, в данном случае у тебя должо быть не меньше 9.70 евро, лучше 10.

Sandcracka
12-09-2013, 06:15 AM
The Season Pass is separate from the game so yes, you can buy it.

Thanks I found it. They don't have the season pass under the DLC section of the Uplay store, which is very odd. It's actually listed in the 'standard edition' section of the uplay store http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubina/en_US/search/plat.pc. It took me a few days to find it.

WeamDreaver
12-09-2013, 11:02 PM
For how long will the season pass be available?

andynaruto10
12-10-2013, 10:11 AM
For how long will the season pass be available?
Forever

Vestmann
12-12-2013, 05:07 PM
Can anyone tell me when Freedom Cry will be released?

andynaruto10
12-12-2013, 05:20 PM
This month as far as I know. Maybe next week.

Alejandro.1977
12-18-2013, 12:47 AM
quick update, they lied! no dlc yet for PC

medavroog
12-18-2013, 05:56 PM
quick update, they lied! no dlc yet for PC

... of course, just as usual.
... we should have seen this coming head-on.

Mr_Shade
12-18-2013, 05:59 PM
The DLC may release at different times - in different regions /platforms..

If you are waiting for the PC version - Steam 'should' update at their normal update time - which is 6pm GMT - so just over an hour away.

It will be sometime today..

medavroog
12-18-2013, 06:01 PM
I have no idea what is that. I see that you have enough money but who knows, maybe you must have more than that. Maybe the fee is higher.

... it already explains in his own image but, he failed to understand what happened to him: the transaction failed because besides the "actual purchase fee", there is also a "service fee" ... thus and indeed, he doesn't have enough money to cover the "total fee" ... SMS Services = "Hidden Fee" Apply.

medavroog
12-18-2013, 06:04 PM

If you are waiting for the PC version - Steam 'should' update at their normal update time - which is 6pm GMT - so just over an hour away.

It will be sometime today..

I am NOT on STEAM, I am on the Official UbiSoft UPLAY ...
... so, should I be getting the "Freedom Cry" DLC "automatically" through UPLAY ... Already?
... or am I mistaken, and that "Freedom Cry" DLC displayed as "owned" on My UPLAY is just another "April's Fool" joke?

professionalm
12-18-2013, 06:52 PM
i can see Freedom Cry DLC in uplay was owned but when i open the game i can't see anything :(

medavroog
12-18-2013, 07:10 PM
i can see Freedom Cry DLC in uplay was owned but when i open the game i can't see anything :(

... BECAUSE Our Uplay NEVER Downloaded the "Freedom Cry" DLC despite we Do Own it ... many have already played it, but NOT US ... welcome to the "ripped-off" club.

Frag_Maniac
12-18-2013, 07:12 PM

Same here. Blackbeard's Wrath downloaded and appears to be ready to use, but I'd rather play Freedom Cry.

MnemonicSyntax
12-18-2013, 07:14 PM
... BECAUSE Our Uplay NEVER Downloaded the "Freedom Cry" DLC despite we Do Own it ... many have already played it, but NOT US ... welcome to the "ripped-off" club.

Ripped off doesn't mean that. Stop saying it.

You'll get your game. If you NEVER got your game, you'd be "ripped off."

Get some patience, Jaysus.

medavroog
12-18-2013, 07:25 PM
Ripped off doesn't mean that. Stop saying it.

You'll get your game. If you NEVER got your game, you'd be "ripped off."

Get some patience, Jaysus.

I have purchase the SEASON'S PASS, and thus, I am an OWNER of the SEANSON'S PASS. The SEASON'S PASS PROMISED the "Freedom Cry" DLC on its RELEASED DATE ... many PC Version users already got the said DLC, but as a RIGHTFULL OWNER of the SEASON'S PASS, I have NO ACCESS to the "Freedom Cry" DLC. In order for me to access the said DLC, I have to purchase it AGAIN from the in-game feature for another $9.99USD ... that is $19.99USD for the SEASON'S PASS + $9.99USD for the "Freedom Cry" ...
... YOU Tell ME this is NOT "ripped off", then WHAT Is? Huh?

MnemonicSyntax
12-18-2013, 07:29 PM
I have purchase the SEASON'S PASS, and thus, I am an OWNER of the SEANSON'S PASS. The SEASON'S PASS PROMISED the "Freedom Cry" DLC on its RELEASED DATE ... many PC Version users already got the said DLC, but as a RIGHTFULL OWNER of the SEASON'S PASS, I have NO ACCESS to the "Freedom Cry" DLC. In order for me to access the said DLC, I have to purchase it AGAIN from the in-game feature for another $9.99USD ... that is $19.99USD for the SEASON'S PASS + $9.99USD for the "Freedom Cry" ...
... YOU Tell ME this is NOT "ripped off", then WHAT Is? Huh?

Impatience. There is no exact time posted as to when you'll get the DLC.

Getting mad about it on the forums is going to do what exactly?

And guess what mate? I'm in the same boat as you. If it's a few days later, I get being angry, but just a few hours? Relax.

medavroog
12-18-2013, 07:38 PM
Impatience. There is no exact time posted as to when you'll get the DLC.

Getting mad about it on the forums is going to do what exactly?

And guess what mate? I'm in the same boat as you. If it's a few days later, I get being angry, but just a few hours? Relax.

I am NOT the ONLY Individual who is Upset ... thus, NO THANKS to your personal attacks on me.

nght1234j
12-18-2013, 08:11 PM
if you buy the dlc from steam right now you can play it. they have it up and its 2.8g download that is if u feel like paying 10 bucks to play it right away or feel like waiting for steam to screw up i have all the packs and season pass but i didnt feel liek waiting for steam servers to update enjoy

medavroog
12-18-2013, 08:15 PM
if you buy the dlc from steam right now you can play it. they have it up and its 2.8g download that is if u feel like paying 10 bucks to play it right away or feel like waiting for steam to screw up

Many of us are not on STEAM, and many of us already purchased the Season's Pass which promised the said DLC ... however, many of us were not given the access to the said DLC. This is the main reason of the most rants here.

nght1234j
12-18-2013, 08:17 PM
playing now through steam it will be in the aveline section..steam uses uplay to launch all Creeds... If your only using uplay and your not launching it through steam and its not working thats pretty sad. But for anyone that plays through steam i hope this helps.

MnemonicSyntax
12-18-2013, 08:47 PM
I am NOT the ONLY Individual who is Upset ... thus, NO THANKS to your personal attacks on me.

Please show me where I personally attacked you.

Frag_Maniac
12-19-2013, 02:55 AM

If you are waiting for the PC version - Steam 'should' update at their normal update time - which is 6pm GMT - so just over an hour away. It will be sometime today..

I left my PC running overnight with Steam online. I see Freedom Cry checked off in Uplay as DLC I own (since I already had Season Pass). Steam now shows Freedom Cry as available DLC for $9.99, but it doesn't show in my list of already owned DLC when I click Properties on the game's launch tab.

In game Freedom Cry is nowhere to be found. I hesitate to click ADD TO CART to get it from Steam because I might be charged for what should be free.

http://imageshack.com/a/img46/4697/ta8x.jpg

http://imageshack.com/a/img10/3653/q2h7.jpg

kyse2
12-19-2013, 05:25 PM
I can add the dlc to my cart but I am not going to pay for something I should own and on uplay it says I own it yet it cant be played in game

Shahinsateei
12-19-2013, 06:50 PM
Can anyone confirm if they can play freedom cry on uPlay? I just bought the season pass on uPlay and it just says that i own the game. nothing more. There's no update either. Solutions?

medavroog
12-19-2013, 06:50 PM
I can add the dlc to my cart but I am not going to pay for something I should own and on uplay it says I own it yet it cant be played in game

... same with me, we are in the same boat.

DanonMight
12-19-2013, 10:52 PM
U must have some problems guys couse I bought Season Pass 2 days ago and yesterday at late evening I was able to download the DLC an I can play It without any problems. Try to enter Uplay and under "play singleplayer " button there is an option verify files or something like that. Try that and restart Uplay.

Seafort909
12-19-2013, 11:24 PM
The problems is on ubisofts end. Verifying files or anything else doesn't do a thing. They need to admit it's their problem and come up with a solution asap.

Frag_Maniac
12-19-2013, 11:38 PM
The problem is likely that there were two Season Pass types, OEM, those which came with the Gold Edition, and retail, those which were bought separately. It appears the OEM versions were not coded with the proper contents. It has been verified by someone whom got the Season Pass included with his purchase that Uplay was not showing Freedom Cry as part of it's contents.

I just opened Steam a little while ago and it started updating Black Flag with a file that looks like it will take the better part of an hour to update, so hopefully it's Freedom Cry.

...Just checked the DLC content of my Steam copy after remembering you can look for it under the game's properties, and it now shows Freedom Cry. See people, once Ubi gets their house in order, Valve is quick to follow. It's not their fault.

http://imageshack.com/a/img51/6574/bw6d.jpg

Dzaszu
12-19-2013, 11:44 PM
Well, good to see you got it at last Frag. Still no FC on uplay platform for me /sigh

Frag_Maniac
12-20-2013, 12:16 AM
Well, good to see you got it at last Frag. Still no FC on uplay platform for me /sigh

I'm sure Ubi are aware of it and working on it. It's probably just that Ubi/UPlay aren't quite as good at updating as Valve/Steam. Steam was purposely made to be streamlined and easy to work with, and Valve despite taking forever to make games are actually quite fast at updating things. In Ubi's defense, they have a lot on their plate with projects right now, but they really should be momentarily dropping them to prioritize this.

medavroog
12-20-2013, 08:56 AM
The problems is on ubisofts end. Verifying files or anything else doesn't do a thing. They need to admit it's their problem and come up with a solution asap.

Indeed and Well Said.

emwearz
12-20-2013, 01:27 PM
Both the patch and DLC will now download when you go to run the game in uPlay.

archav3n
12-29-2013, 03:10 PM
Can anyone please help? This has finally hit me!. I completed AC4 with no problems as well as Aveline DLC. But now when i launch Freedom Cry... AC4BFSP.exe has stopped working!. I did the verified files and it's still the same.WTF Ubisoft!

PS. My game is AC4 Deluxe UPlay version!!

NomTheBurritos
01-02-2014, 02:20 PM
I have had a problem with the Season Pass, trying to get it via Uplay. Thing is, everytime I use either Uplay or the website, I am about to continue to checkout and ding! Server error.
I have tried contacting the support but I cannot log in properly as it keeps on asking me to log in when I am logged in, and wrote the login + password 5 times over. Does anyone know if the servers are busted or something? I was really happy for the SP but now I can't even seem to get it.

jepeman
01-02-2014, 07:34 PM
What exactly does the season pass contain?

Im mainly asking about the separate mention of "additional single-player missions". Does it just mention the Freedom Cry again? Or does it mean the 3 islands (Sacrifice Island, Black Island, Mystery Island) you get from Deluxe Edition? Or is it something else?

What Ive gathered from Ubiblog, store pages etc.

The Season Pass will include:
* Freedom Cry – The 9 mission Adewale DLC
* Kraken Ship Pack – Ship customization
* Additional single-player missions, weapons, skins and collectibles - What exactly is this, especially the missions part?
* New multiplayer characters - Self explanatory

Faded24_7
01-02-2014, 08:56 PM
well i spent $84 on the gold edition off of origin, and in origin it says i have the DLC`s But going into Uplay it says i have Jack...

mgdiock
01-06-2014, 02:10 AM
well i spent $84 on the gold edition off of origin, and in origin it says i have the DLC`s But going into Uplay it says i have Jack...

I am having the same problem. I purchased the Season Pass with Ultimate Pay, and received a receipt, but no activation code was delivered. I just got a receipt, $19.99 charged to my credit card and no DLC. I'm feeling really bamboozled, because I also preordered from Gamestop to get the Black Island Pack, and never got that either.

Toxlaximus
01-11-2014, 12:57 PM
I got the season pass and not all the stuff unlocked.

Activities Pack
Time Saver -Collectibles
Time Saver -Technology
Time Saver -Resources

Did not unlock.

Black_Widow9
01-12-2014, 07:20 AM
I got the season pass and not all the stuff unlocked.

Activities Pack
Time Saver -Collectibles
Time Saver -Technology
Time Saver -Resources

Did not unlock.
Hello,
The Time Saver Packs are not part of the Season Pass. The details of what is included are in the original post. ;) If you have any questions, please let us know.

jepeman
01-12-2014, 07:50 PM
I found a nice official image of whats actually in the season pass:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-SZ2E1tAdyRk/UlQwuLH7wUI/AAAAAAAAAeM/r6ije1neoTI/w1440-h810-no/ac4bfspr.jpg

The Illustrious Pirates pack is the islands you get from Deluxe Edition and counts as "Additional single-player missions, weapons, skins and collectibles", so if you got that the season pass is a really bad deal.

chtan
01-20-2014, 08:44 AM
If I understand the season pass correctly, you're still need to pay for the said exclusive DLC pack but with a discount. They are not meant to be free.

andynaruto10
01-20-2014, 09:00 AM
If I understand the season pass correctly, you're still need to pay for the said exclusive DLC pack but with a discount. They are not meant to be free.
What exclusive DLC are you talking about? If it's Kraken Ship Pack, if you buy all the DLCs separately, without Kraken Ship Pack which is not available separetely, you have to pay 25€ . But if you buy the Season Pass, you have to pay 20€ with the Kraken Ship pack. So you get a good discount plus a free dlc.

chtan
01-20-2014, 09:14 AM
What exclusive DLC are you talking about? If it's Kraken Ship Pack, if you buy all the DLCs separately, without Kraken Ship Pack which is not available separetely, you have to pay 25€ . But if you buy the Season Pass, you have to pay 20€ with the Kraken Ship pack. So you get a good discount plus a free dlc.

I am in the blind as there are too many edition and DLC floating around. I have yet to acquire the season pass and planning to do so. My game is Uplay deluxe edition. So, does this mean that if I get the season pass now I also entitle to Freedom CRY foc or I still need to fork out additional money for it?

andynaruto10
01-20-2014, 09:32 AM
Indeed, there are too many editions floating around. But the Deluxe Edition has all ULCs from all editions. And yes, you'll get the Freedom Cry DLC with the Season Pass. You don't have to spend any other money.
But, if you don't want all the DLCs and you want only Freedom Cry, you can buy only the Freedom Cry (10€). I guess you noticed that the Illustrious Pirates Pack has everything you already have in the Deluxe Edition. But if you want to spend another 10€ for 4 sails, 3 multiplayer characters and the Illustrious Pack which you already have, it's up to you.

chtan
01-20-2014, 10:07 AM
Indeed, there are too many editions floating around. But the Deluxe Edition has all ULCs from all editions. And yes, you'll get the Freedom Cry DLC with the Season Pass. You don't have to spend any other money.
But, if you don't want all the DLCs and you want only Freedom Cry, you can buy only the Freedom Cry (10€). I guess you noticed that the Illustrious Pirates Pack has everything you already have in the Deluxe Edition. But if you want to spend another 10€ for 4 sails, 3 multiplayer characters and the Illustrious Pack which you already have, it's up to you.

Thanks for clearing my doubt.