PDA

View Full Version : Assassin’s Creed® IV Black Flag™ season pass and Freedom Cry downloadable content

Pages : [1] 2

Mr_Shade
10-08-2013, 05:00 PM
London, UK — October 8, 2013 — Today, Ubisoft® announced post launch downloadable content for Assassin’s Creed® IV Black Flag™, available for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Xbox One console from Microsoft, PlayStation®4 from Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. and Windows PC.

The Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag downloadable content features additional single player missions, including ‘Freedom Cry’, a nine mission self-contained story featuring Edward Kenway’s first mate Adewale.
A Season Pass will be available for purchase at the launch of the game on PlayStation 4, Playstation 3, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC, and will include the below downloadable game content at a 20 percent discount:

Freedom Cry: Born a slave, Adewale found freedom as a pirate aboard the Jackdaw as Captain Edward Kenway’s second-in-command. Fifteen years later, Adewale has become a trained assassin and finds himself shipwrecked in Saint-Domingue with no weapon nor crew, starting a new adventure of his own.

The Exclusive Kraken Ship Pack – Only available to Season Pass owners, this pack includes personalization elements for the Jackdaw

New ways to personalize the player’s pirate experience – Additional single player missions, weapons, skins, and collectibles

More Multiplayer Mayhem – Unlock new characters for an even more expansive multiplayer experience

Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag Season Pass grants a 20 percent savings off the regular price of each individual downloadable pack to be released before March 2014, and is available on PlayStation 4, Playstation 3, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC.

Pre-order “Assassin's Creed® IV Black Flag™ Uplay Digital Deluxe Edition” on Uplay Shop and save 25% on the season pass! http://shop.ubi.com/ac4deluxe (http://shop.ubi.com/ac4deluxe)

For more information on Assassin’s Creed, please visit: assassinscreed.com (http://assassinscreed.com) and facebook.com/assassinscreed (http://www.facebook.com/assassinscreed).

About Assassin’s Creed
Initially launched in 2007, the first five Assassin’s Creed games have sold more than 57 million units worldwide, and the franchise is now established as one of the best-selling series ever. Recognized for having some of the richest, most engrossing storytelling in the industry, Assassin’s Creed transcends video games, branching out into other entertainment experiences including comic books, mobile games, novels, as well as a feature-length movie currently in development.

About Ubisoft:
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has offices in 26 countries and has sales in more than 55 countries around the globe. It is committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to consumers. For the 2012-13 fiscal year Ubisoft generated sales of €1,256 million. To learn more, please visit: www.ubisoftgroup.com (http://www.ubisoftgroup.com)

© 2013 Ubisoft Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. Assassin’s Creed, Black Flag and Ubisoft, and the Ubisoft logo are trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the US and/or other countries.

”, “PlayStation” and “PS3” are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. ““ is a trademark of the same company.
Kinect, Windows, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox LIVE, and the Xbox logos are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies and are used under license from Microsoft.

Freedom Cry DLC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoxNjLX4M-A

pacmanate
10-08-2013, 05:08 PM
Man, Adewale seems so badass and brutal. He reminds me of that PoP next gen thingy that was floating around. Just beefy and brutal. I hope the DLC is good, he looks like he could have his own game though.

I want a strong beefy black Assassin for the next AC game. Someone who just uses brute strength.

SixKeys
10-08-2013, 05:10 PM
That is actually a great trailer. Adewale looks like a brutal and interesting character.

Mr_Shade
10-08-2013, 05:11 PM
Really looking forward to this :)

pacmanate
10-08-2013, 05:13 PM
Isn't the game length 3 hours? I'm guessing this has free roam of the island, I wonder how big the island is. Also is there any release date? It's not episodic is it?

bayofangels
10-08-2013, 05:15 PM
Any idea if this includes the Special/Limited Edition content? AC3's did, and other content has always been made available to buy separate.

Cosmic_Rooster
10-08-2013, 05:16 PM
http://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/screenshots/AssassinsCreedIVBlackFlag/Screenshot_DLC_Machete.jpg
http://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/screenshots/AssassinsCreedIVBlackFlag/Screenshot_DLC_Ship.jpg
http://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/screenshots/AssassinsCreedIVBlackFlag/Screenshots_DLC_Corner.jpg
http://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/screenshots/AssassinsCreedIVBlackFlag/Screenshots_DLC_Plantation.jpg
http://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/screenshots/AssassinsCreedIVBlackFlag/Screenshots_DLC_Firecrakers.jpg
http://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/screenshots/AssassinsCreedIVBlackFlag/Screenshot_DLC_MaroonCamp.jpg

Mr_Shade
10-08-2013, 05:17 PM
All of the content and information we currently have to share - is in the first post.

More details maybe released closer to the release of the pass and the game.

Cosmic_Rooster
10-08-2013, 05:21 PM
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-SZ2E1tAdyRk/UlQwuLH7wUI/AAAAAAAAAeM/r6ije1neoTI/w1440-h810-no/ac4bfspr.jpg

pacmanate
10-08-2013, 05:22 PM
Is that sweat on Adewale in the second to last pic?

AherasSTRG
10-08-2013, 05:23 PM
From the official preview in Ubishop:

Born a slave, Adewale found freedom as a pirate aboard the Jackdaw where he became Edward Kenway’s second-in-command. Now, 15 years later, Adewale has become a trained Assassin who finds himself shipwrecked in Saint-Domingue without weapons or crew.
So, I guess that at some point of the story, Adewale becomes an Assassin and the DLC takes place 15 years after the end of AC4.

SixKeys
10-08-2013, 05:30 PM
http://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/screenshots/AssassinsCreedIVBlackFlag/Screenshots_DLC_Plantation.jpg

This needs to be the next image in the "Capture this" thread!

Cosmic_Rooster
10-08-2013, 05:31 PM
Freedom’s Cry—which players can get as part of a $20 season pass—is being written by Jill Murray, one of the writers on last year’s Assassin’s Creed 3: Liberation. Murray took some time to answer questions about Freedom’s Cry, including the one that’s probably foremost on the mind of thrifty players.

Kotaku: Why isn’t this on the disc?

Jill Murray: I’ll tell you this much: Black Flag is a huge game. If the DLC had been developed at the same time, I wouldn’t have had the chance to write it. The new DLC features a new hero, new animations and weapons and a new environment and, by the time Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag launches, development on the DLC will continue.

Kotaku: With this announcement, the Assassin’s Creed franchise revisits on the era of chattel slavery. How do you see the Freedom’s Cry DLC in connection to Assassin’s Creed 3: Liberation game and the upcoming ACIV chapters focused on Aveline?

Murray: This DLC takes place in the 1730s, about fifteen years after Black Flag. We get to see Saint-Domingue as it was in the generation before Liberation’s elder cohort— Agate, Baptiste, and Jeanne— were enslaved there. We see the Maroon Resistance before they became involved in it, and take an open-eyed look at the conditions they would inherit and rebel against in a very different way than Adewale chooses. Adewale’s heroism is informed by a life at sea, as a pirate, and then as an Assassin. Agate, Baptiste, and Jeanne are children there in Liberation, and their reaction is very different.

As for Aveline, she was removed from slavery by one generation and the degree of privilege granted by her social status. In Liberation, slavery was something she chose to engage with, when she could have pretended to ignore it. The events of Liberation give her good reason to question her ties to the Assassins, but never her commitment to the people she helped. The events of the upcoming DLC introduce her to a new ally, who plays a role in helping her resolve her ambitions and her doubts.

Kotaku: What’s the thinking behind focusing on Adewale as a separate branch of stories?

Murray: Adewale’s firm conviction, sagacity, power, and under-explored perspective make his point of view interesting. By following him on this journey, we get to see new parts of the world, meet new people, and examine facets of history that Edward’s perspective couldn’t show us— and that Adewale himself couldn’t have explored in Edward’s company.

Kotaku: Is he an Assassin? Or just a different sort of hyper-capable warrior on a mission?

Murray: Adewale is a hyper-capable Assassin who listens to his heart and conscience. “Everything is permitted…” takes on new colours when contrasted against the harsh conditions of slavery under the French Code Noir in 18th century Saint-Domingue.

http://kotaku.com/youre-an-escaped-slave-in-em-assassin-s-creed-iv-em-1442477523

HyperActive66
10-08-2013, 05:33 PM
Judging by the end of that trailer it looks like we are going to get five new multiplayer characters at some point. :D

Elebro2011
Any thoughts on how much this is gonna cost?

dxsxhxcx
From the official preview in Ubishop:

Born a slave, Adewale found freedom as a pirate aboard the Jackdaw where he became Edward Kenway’s second-in-command. Now, 15 years later, Adewale has become a trained Assassin who finds himself shipwrecked in Saint-Domingue without weapons or crew.

So, I guess that at some point of the story, Adewale becomes an Assassin and the DLC takes place 15 years after the end of AC4.

to me it seems like 15 years after he joined Edward's crew

AherasSTRG
10-08-2013, 05:35 PM
to me it seems like 15 years after he joined Edward's crew
Nope. Read Cosmic Rooster's post also. The writer confirms it.

lothario-da-be
10-08-2013, 05:41 PM
On ubishop they say 3 hours, season pass is 20$ = €20. Well done ubi.

pacmanate
10-08-2013, 05:45 PM

Which means its £19.99. Luckily I don't want a different texture on my sails, and those 3 outfits don't make much of a difference to gameplay other than cosmetics, and I don't do MP. I just want the SP DLC.

lothario-da-be
10-08-2013, 05:51 PM
Which means its £19.99. Luckily I don't want a different texture on my sails, and those 3 outfits don't make much of a difference to gameplay other than cosmetics, and I don't do MP. I just want the SP DLC.
This, the sp dlc alone will probably be €15, wich is way too much for 3 hours.And its probably only 2 hours.

AherasSTRG
10-08-2013, 05:53 PM
The pricing is normal. 3-hour single player DLC DLC = 10$, Multiplayer DLC pack = 5$ and Skins pack = 5$. That's the pricing in every single game I know, apart from Mass Effect 3, in which Multiplayer DLCs were free.

lothario-da-be
10-08-2013, 05:59 PM
The pricing is normal. 3-hour single player DLC DLC = 10$, Multiplayer DLC pack = 5$ and Skins pack = 5$. That's the pricing in every single game I know, apart from Mass Effect 3, in which Multiplayer DLCs were free.
Uhhm no. COJ gunslinger PSN game from ubi. NEW game 6 hours long €15. Far cry blood dragon, dlc for fc3, i don't know its lenght for sure i think around 6 too. €15. So your point is invalid. Both are made by Ubi and priced cheaper. Its just because its AC they want to milk it as much as possible.

Mr_Shade
10-08-2013, 06:02 PM
It's £15.95..

www.assassinscreed.com/seasonpass (http://www.assassinscreed.com/seasonpass)

And according to my sources - PS3 pass will transfer to PS4 and Xbox 360 will to Xbox One.

DavidPage
10-08-2013, 06:03 PM
I like how Ubisoft is so expansive with their titles! Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Freedom's Cry... Imagine: Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Freedom's Cry Episode I Part I: A New Beginning... Aside that I'm really excited about this because we get a small glimpse of how Ubisoft has many stories in the Assassin's Creed universe yet to tell! (or to tell yet - I'm illiterate!)

lothario-da-be
10-08-2013, 06:04 PM
It's £15.95..

www.assassinscreed.com/seasonpass (http://www.assassinscreed.com/seasonpass)

And according to my sources - PS3 pass will transfer to PS4 and Xbox 360 will to Xbox One.
Wait here they say 9 hours?

lothario-da-be
10-08-2013, 06:06 PM
In the Dutch ubishop they say 3 hours. Just checked.

EscoBlades
10-08-2013, 06:07 PM
:D:D:D

Excited for this.

Wolfmeister1010
10-08-2013, 06:08 PM
Am I the only one who is EXTREMELY excited about that big blunderbuss he has??? I can imagine how big and powerful and awesome it is. I hope that edward can get it

lothario-da-be
10-08-2013, 06:09 PM
Am I the only one who is EXTREMELY excited about that big blunderbuss he has??? I can imagine how big and powerful and awesome it is. I hope that edward can get it
My first thought was that it wasn't realy assassin-ish. But it looks cool.

Kaschra
10-08-2013, 06:09 PM
Now this look really awesome and interesting :D

DeadScoper
10-08-2013, 06:10 PM
it looks amazing and i look forward to play this

DavidPage
10-08-2013, 06:13 PM
My Info say's it's 9 hours [approx] - so maybe a mistake on other sites?

Wow! Really? Bigger than the Tyranny?

lothario-da-be
10-08-2013, 06:14 PM
My Info say's it's 9 hours [approx] - so maybe a mistake on other sites?
Most likely. I saw somewhere else 9 missions. 9 hours seem totaly worth the price. As long as its 5 hours i am happy.

lothario-da-be
10-08-2013, 06:14 PM
Wow! Really? Bigger than the Tyranny?
For less money :)

Wolfmeister1010
10-08-2013, 06:15 PM

Who cares? Adewale and Edward are not traditional assassins. It would not affect the stealth gameplay at all, because if you use it, it would ruin stealth. it is just as unnassassiny as any normal pistol that connor or edward carries.

Mr_Shade
10-08-2013, 06:16 PM
Most likely. I saw somewhere else 9 missions. 9 hours seem totaly worth the price. As long as its 5 hours i am happy.
I am checking now ;)

It's confusing to say the least! LOL

pacmanate
10-08-2013, 06:16 PM
9 missions cannot be 9 hours surely. 9 missions is like 1 sequence worth of missions. Pack that in with side missions and view points... I say around 6 hours which is good enough for me even though I just made this all up.

lothario-da-be
10-08-2013, 06:17 PM
I am checking now ;)

It's confusing to say the least! LOL
Yeah especially because 3 seems very low and 9 seems high (for ubi).:p

Wolfmeister1010
10-08-2013, 06:17 PM

Nine fricking hours????????????

While TOKW relied on a cool story and a few weird powers to sell, I am EXTREMELY happy that this dlc finally looks like an actual dlc, with a new character, weapons, animations, and locations, and a longer running time. Do you guys realize that in AC4 we will be able to freeroam as 3 different characters? unbelievable.

Billiam301
10-08-2013, 06:19 PM
If I get the PS3 season pass, will it carry over to PS4?

DavidPage
10-08-2013, 06:22 PM

Shade said it earlier but I too wanted to make sure.

DavidPage
10-08-2013, 06:23 PM
Nine fricking hours????????????

While TOKW relied on a cool story and a few weird powers to sell, I am EXTREMELY happy that this dlc finally looks like an actual dlc, with a new character, weapons, animations, and locations, and a longer running time. Do you guys realize that in AC4 we will be able to freeroam as 3 different characters? unbelievable.

Who's the 3rd one?

pacmanate
10-08-2013, 06:25 PM

Maybe

Hans684
10-08-2013, 06:34 PM

It screams assassin, in this DLC(Freedom Cry) he fights for freedom and assassin highly support that. We could say it is a killer.

lothario-da-be
10-08-2013, 06:37 PM
It screams assassin, in this DLC(Freedom Cry) he fights for freedom and assassin highly support that. We could say it is a killer.
I was talking about the gun not the DLC as a whole.

EscoBlades
10-08-2013, 06:39 PM

Yes (http://blog.ubi.com/assassins-creed-iv-black-fla-season-pass-dlc/)

Because we are about to enter a new console generation, if you buy the Season Pass for the PS3 or Xbox 360, you will automatically get a next-gen upgrade for the DLC.

Hans684
10-08-2013, 06:40 PM
I was talking about the gun not the DLC as a whole.

Altaïr had a gun but hidden and a gun is a gun no matter situation but the diffrens is how it is used.

lothario-da-be
10-08-2013, 06:42 PM
Altaïr had a gun but hidden and a gun is a gun no matter situation but the diffrens is how it is used.
Did you saw the gun?????

ShardofTruth
10-08-2013, 06:42 PM
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-SZ2E1tAdyRk/UlQwuLH7wUI/AAAAAAAAAeM/r6ije1neoTI/w1440-h810-no/ac4bfspr.jpg
Omg, more packs as if the current ones weren't enough.

lothario-da-be
10-08-2013, 06:43 PM
Here it is again: The Season Pass will include:

Freedom Cry – Nine single-player missions with a self-contained story focusing on Edward’s quartermaster Adewale. Adewale escaped the bonds of slavery at a young age and sought a life of his own on the Jackdaw, serving under Edward Kenway. Taking place 15 years after joining the Jackdaw’s crew, Freedom Cry sees Adewale going on his own adventure when he finds himself shipwrecked in Saint-Domingue without his crew or weapons.

From what i have seen on FB it seems it will only be 3 hours.

Mr_Shade
10-08-2013, 06:51 PM
Here it is again: The Season Pass will include:

Freedom Cry – Nine single-player missions with a self-contained story focusing on Edward’s quartermaster Adewale. Adewale escaped the bonds of slavery at a young age and sought a life of his own on the Jackdaw, serving under Edward Kenway. Taking place 15 years after joining the Jackdaw’s crew, Freedom Cry sees Adewale going on his own adventure when he finds himself shipwrecked in Saint-Domingue without his crew or weapons.

Yeap.

That's where the number 9 comes from :)

Its nine missions..

How long it takes - depends on the player etc as always :)

Also as already posted by Escoblades - the Season Pass transfers over to next gen - when you upgrade ;)

pacmanate
10-08-2013, 06:52 PM
Yeap.

That's where the number 9 comes from :)

Its nine missions..

How long it takes - depends on the player etc as always :)

So 3 hours sounds right then, still, for the price its not bad I guess.

Hans684
10-08-2013, 06:52 PM
Did you saw the gun?????

Yes i have seen Adewale's gun.

lothario-da-be
10-08-2013, 06:53 PM
So 3 hours sounds right then, still, for the price its not bad I guess.
Compared to coj gunslinger and blood dragon it is.:(

lothario-da-be
10-08-2013, 06:53 PM
Yes i have seen Adewale's gun.
Then why compare it to Altairs hidden gun?

Mr_Shade
10-08-2013, 07:00 PM
Dunno how you can say it's a certain length - without playing it.. - the ubishop page info - maybe incorrect, they are going to check ;)

9 missions could last anything - depending on the player and the length of a mission?

pacmanate
10-08-2013, 07:01 PM
Dunno how you can say it's a certain length - without playing it.. - the ubishop page info - maybe incorrect, they are going to check ;)

9 missions could last anything - depending on the player and the length of a mission?

Always expect the expected from Ubisoft, I did read 3 hours somewhere though, im not saying thats a bad length cause the prize is good if it is.

Hans684
10-08-2013, 07:06 PM
Then why compare it to Altairs hidden gun?

Didn't compare it, i said that Altaïr had a gun. my point was that having a gun does not make it any less assassiny, consider the legendary grand master of the assassin order Altaïr even had one.

mhg87
10-08-2013, 07:41 PM
Well I cant wait until the first ******* makes a racist comment on the intertubes.

Jexx21
10-08-2013, 07:46 PM
Adewale DLC: $15
Pre-order DLC combo (skins and extra missions etc.): $5
MP Characters: $5

all together: $25 - %20 = $20

Aveline 3 missions = 1 hour
Adewale 9 missions = 3 hours

3 hours is actually normal for a highly-bought game like Assassin's Creed. The Mass Effect DLC has always been similar in length and price.

I think that there will be free-roam for both Aveline and Adewale missions (Shade, can you get info on this, I would really like to know?).

capybara34
10-08-2013, 07:49 PM
Very, very happy about the lack of Multiplayer DLC maps. Overjoyed, even.

Farlander1991
10-08-2013, 07:58 PM
Compared to coj gunslinger and blood dragon it is.:(

Not sure about gunslinger, but Blood Dragon main campaign is approximately 3 hours in length too. The game feels longer thanks to the collectibles and a bunch of little side-missions (of which there's only three types I think, but, thankfully, situations can be varied), plus the island is not that small.

deskp
10-08-2013, 08:07 PM
best thing with season passes is that it includes msot of the pre order dlc. How long we have to wait for it will be interesting to see through. because player skins for example is soemthign you want day 1.

lothario-da-be
10-08-2013, 08:29 PM
best thing with season passes is that it includes msot of the pre order dlc. How long we have to wait for it will be interesting to see through. because player skins for example is soemthign you want day 1.
I love how you already added Adewale to your sig.

prince162010
10-08-2013, 08:32 PM
this is ubisoft day ^_^ .... the best thing about the season pass and it's for the first time is the DLC launch at the game is launch

Jexx21
10-08-2013, 08:33 PM
Adewale should be before Nikolai though.

LoyalACFan
10-08-2013, 08:42 PM
Wow, this looks really good!

lothario-da-be
10-08-2013, 09:04 PM
this is ubisoft day ^_^ .... the best thing about the season pass and it's for the first time is the DLC launch at the game is launch
What? its day one dlc?

prince162010
10-08-2013, 09:08 PM
Oh my god ! ! .. it seems that u missed this one , guys

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/ncsa/ac4/media/AC4_SP_Screenshot2_1920x1080.jpg

prince162010
10-08-2013, 09:09 PM
What? its day one dlc?

yep yep bro .. :)

LoyalACFan
10-08-2013, 09:09 PM
What? its day one dlc?

No. The other packs with cosmetic upgrades, preorder bonuses, etc. will probably be either Day 1 or shortly thereafter, but not Freedom Cry. Jill Murray confirmed in the interview quoted a few pages back that its development would stretch past AC4's release date. But all pieces of DLC are supposed to be out before March 2014.

lothario-da-be
10-08-2013, 09:11 PM
No. The other packs with cosmetic upgrades, preorder bonuses, etc. will probably be either Day 1 or shortly thereafter, but not Freedom Cry. Jill Murray confirmed in the interview quoted a few pages back that its development would stretch past AC4's release date. But all pieces of DLC are supposed to be out before March 2014.
Ah ok. Good, i would hate day one dlc.

pacmanate
10-08-2013, 09:22 PM
Yeah its "post" AC4 DLC.

Jexx21
10-08-2013, 09:33 PM
Adewale DLC: $15
Pre-order DLC combo (skins and extra missions etc.): $5
MP Characters: $5

all together: $25 - = $20

Aveline 3 missions = 1 hour
Adewale 9 missions = 3 hours

3 hours is actually normal for a highly-bought game like Assassin's Creed. The Mass Effect DLC has always been similar in length and price.

I think that there will be free-roam for both Aveline and Adewale missions (Shade, can you get info on this, I would really like to know?).

Mr Shade

Shadey

shadey

I want an answer

Sturnz0r
10-08-2013, 09:35 PM
Ah ok. Good, i would hate day one dlc.

wouldn't know what to play first?

LoyalACFan
10-08-2013, 09:41 PM
Mr Shade

Shadey

shadey

I want an answer

Probably yes with Adewale, but not Aveline.

Jexx21
10-08-2013, 09:46 PM
I think Aveline free-roam is possible.

As far as I can tell, it's accessed a similar way to the ToKW DLC (both Aveline and Adewale missions), because Darby says that while they would have liked to make it accessible through the modern-day part of the game, they had to have you access it through a main menu option. I would hope that it would include free-roam.

luckyto
10-08-2013, 09:52 PM
I have to say, this Season Pass looks reasonably priced, looks interesting and is very enticing. It's a no-brainer. And I haven't said that about any of the prior AC DLC. Good job, guys.

Layytez
10-08-2013, 09:52 PM
A Nigerian assassin...I thought this day would never come

lonewolf1985
10-08-2013, 10:19 PM
Is the DLC coming out for the Nintendo Wii U? If not then Ubisoft should not complain about poor sell of this game on the Wii U because it will be a gimped version.

thekarlone
10-08-2013, 10:29 PM
The Season Pass is the same for PS3 and PS4? I mean, if I buy one for the PS3 version can I download the DLC content for the PS4?

Farlander1991
10-08-2013, 10:43 PM
Oh, also...

FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOM!!!!!!

Because no thread about a 'Freedom Cry' of any sorts is complete without that :p

Mr_Shade
10-08-2013, 10:44 PM
The Season Pass is the same for PS3 and PS4? I mean, if I buy one for the PS3 version can I download the DLC content for the PS4? yes.

i did post ;)

LintonMildone
10-08-2013, 11:04 PM
A Nigerian assassin...I thought this day would never come

Adawale told Edward that he was from Trinidad.

prince162010
10-08-2013, 11:26 PM

So he is not a nigerian assassin

RatonhnhakeFan
10-08-2013, 11:31 PM
Me likes, a lot. Actually, Adewale and his story should've been the main AC4 game

LoyalACFan
10-09-2013, 12:10 AM

He's most likely of Nigerian descent though. His parents were most likely born there. Adewale is a Nigerian name, according to some other forum member who was talking about this the other day :p

Me likes, a lot. Actually, Adewale and his story should've been the main AC4 game

It is kind of a pity he's only getting a DLC, isn't it? He looks like a really cool character. I guess they wanted to stick with the Kenway family though. Maybe he'll show up again in a Vita title or some such?

Layytez
10-09-2013, 12:57 AM

He was born there but he is not Trinidadian. He name alone gives away that he is Nigerian (trailer music was also in the same my family speaks). Edward also mentioned about him going back to Africa. Esco can confirm it too since we are both Nigerian.

SixKeys
10-09-2013, 01:11 AM
Maybe if the DLC gets a good reception, we'll see more of Adewale. :) He sounds like he could carry an entire game.

Megas_Doux
10-09-2013, 01:17 AM
This guy is a TRUE BOSS!!!!!

Megas_Doux
10-09-2013, 01:46 AM
Nope. Read Cosmic Rooster's post also. The writer confirms it.

It is said that AC IV spans 10 years or so. So it is not 15 years after the end of Black Flag, but is beginning, it seems.

RatonhnhakeFan
10-09-2013, 01:48 AM
It is kind of a pity he's only getting a DLC, isn't it? He looks like a really cool character. I guess they wanted to stick with the Kenway family though. Maybe he'll show up again in a Vita title or some such?Yup. Edward's character seems interesting and all but few topics are as suited for an AC story as that of slavery. Freedom is the core part of the Creed.

LoyalACFan
10-09-2013, 01:48 AM
Maybe if the DLC gets a good reception, we'll see more of Adewale. :) He sounds like he could carry an entire game.

Yes he could, and I think I'd like that. But at the same time, I'm not sure I want THAT many games in the 18th century. I mean, AC3, AC4, Liberation, possible Connor sequel, AND Adewale sequel? Ehh... There are other time periods to visit. I'm not sure I want to be stuck in the 1700s until 2016 or later. Plus, I'm not sure if the series could handle two pirate-themed games. Unless they did a major setting/tonal shift like they did between Brotherhood and Revelations, it would be too similar to AC4. And maybe the "Pirate's Creed" complaints would be kinda justified.

I feel like we're jumping the gun a bit though :p A one-minute trailer and we're already signing on for a whole game with him. Best to just wait it out and see how it unfolds.

RatonhnhakeFan
10-09-2013, 01:51 AM
Yes he could, and I think I'd like that. But at the same time, I'm not sure I want THAT many games in the 18th century. I mean, AC3, AC4, Liberation, possible Connor sequel, AND Adewale sequel? Ehh... There are other time periods to visit. I'm not sure I want to be stuck in the 1700s until 2016 or later. Plus, I'm not sure if the series could handle two pirate-themed games. Unless they did a major setting/tonal shift like they did between Brotherhood and Revelations, it would be too similar to AC4. And maybe the "Pirate's Creed" complaints would be kinda justified.

I feel like we're jumping the gun a bit though :p A one-minute trailer and we're already signing on for a whole game with him. Best to just wait it out and see how it unfolds.Which is why I'm almost positive the main game for Holidays 2015 will move outta the New World and 18th century, as much as I would love to Raton sequel/Achilles prequel/Aveline main game/Adewale main game :(

LoyalACFan
10-09-2013, 01:52 AM
Yup. Edward's character seems interesting and all but few topics are as suited for an AC story as that of slavery. Freedom is the core part of the Creed.

Indeed, I kind of wish they didn't make Liberation, and instead used some of its antislavery themes for Connor's story. AC3 sort of awkwardly shied away from slavery IMO, not counting some throwaway dialogue and that auction block scene in the epilogue.

Megas_Doux
10-09-2013, 01:53 AM
Which is why I'm almost positive the main game for Holidays 2015 will move outta the New World and 18th century, as much as I would love to Raton sequel/Achilles prequel/Aveline main game/Adewale main game :(

We need the east, the far east.....

LoyalACFan
10-09-2013, 01:55 AM
Which is why I'm almost positive the main game for Holidays 2015 will move outta the New World and 18th century, as much as I would love to Raton sequel/Achilles prequel/Aveline main game/Adewale main game :(

You keep posting while I'm typing and I can't keep up with you :p

How about this... 2014 is a Connor sequel, with Achilles memory seals and Adewale DLC, and Aveline gets a second Vita game. In 2015 we move on to Tudor England or imperial China. Deal? ;)

RatonhnhakeFan
10-09-2013, 01:58 AM
Indeed, I kind of wish they didn't make Liberation, and instead used some of its antislavery themes for Connor's story. AC3 sort of awkwardly shied away from slavery IMO, not counting some throwaway dialogue and that auction block scene in the epilogue.AC3 had the issue of Native Americans featured quite heavily though, which definitely ties deeply with the topic of freedom.

You keep posting while I'm typing and I can't keep up with you :p

How about this... 2014 is a Connor sequel, with Achilles memory seals and Adewale DLC, and Aveline gets a second Vita game. In 2015 we move on to Tudor England or imperial China. Deal? ;)Heh ideally I would have them all get their own main games to shine fully, with blown out marketing campaigns and stuff. But ain't gonna happen so I'll take whatever I can I guess lol

We need the east, the far east.....
Definitely. The new comic series could be a hint.

LoyalACFan
10-09-2013, 02:02 AM
AC3 had the issue of Native Americans featured quite heavily though, which definitely ties deeply with the topic of freedom.

I kinda feel like it didn't feature them heavily enough. I mean, they were really important in sequences 4 and 6, but then they just upped and vanished from the story.

In any case, abolition would have fit quite snugly into Connor's worldview. It would have at least been interesting to see a big-time slaver trader or something as one of the main Templar targets.

Wolfmeister1010
10-09-2013, 03:09 AM
Guys, I am sure that all that needs to be told about this chapter of Adewale's life will be covered in the dlc. TOKW had an excellent story, and this dlc seems to be bigger. Although he jus a very interesting character, I really can not imagine any scenario where Adewale gets a full game...especially with all the other places the world that AC could go next.

I-Like-Pie45
10-09-2013, 05:20 AM
China isn't the imperial one, that was Japan.

If they are going to use China as a setting, it should be set during the century of decline (any time from the Opium Wars to the Taiping Rebellion which culminated in the Boxer Rebellion and the fall of the dynasties) instead of the overused dynasty era.

The characters should all be portrayed as speaking their native Mandarin/Cantonese/local dialects instead of accented English - Shao Jun was bad enough I can't handle an entire game with the characters talking like that. And unlike the Renaissance and Crusades, I can't exactly buy Far East Asians speaking heavily accented English. HAE should be restricted to scenes where our "heroic" Chinamen interact with foreigners.

Either that, or we can jump directly into the Rape of Nanking for Japanese invasion shizzles and giggles.

roostersrule2
10-09-2013, 07:26 AM
Adewale is tank.

His story is sad and he is brutal, don't **** with the Ade Wale.

Black_Widow9
10-09-2013, 07:57 AM
This looks amazing! So excited!

EllJim
10-09-2013, 08:28 AM
either that, or we can jump directly into the Rape of Nanking for Japanese invasion shizzles and giggles.

Not having a go but I've never seen that massacre sescribed in such a way. If a committed Nazi, who likely looked down on the ethnic Chinese, found it distasteful and harboured Chinese citizens to protect them, it should speak volumes about the act.

I know this seems internet over sensitive my grandma... blah blah blah, but I would have never constructed that sentance, and know few that would, so it made my eyebrows raise.

Back on topic, this looks to be a reasonably priced nice DLC, I rarely buy them and most of the time use gifted points etc to do so, but I have to say I will be buying this Day 1. One thing I'd like to ask though, and perhaps one of the kind moderators/developers can answer these other ships are they more enemy types or????? To be specific the "Death Vessel" & "Crusader and Florentine" packs.

Jexx21
10-09-2013, 09:28 AM
I actually think there won't be a full game released next year.

I'm thinking Spring 2015: Connor sequel

Liberation HD will be next years main platform AC release (except a lack of next-gen consoles).

roostersrule2
10-09-2013, 09:49 AM
I actually think there won't be a full game released next year.

I'm thinking Spring 2015: Connor sequel

Liberation HD will be next years main platform AC release (except a lack of next-gen consoles).Not a chance.

Jexx21
10-09-2013, 10:01 AM
I dunno, I find it pretty likely.

Far Cry 4 is probably releasing next year as well, which will be a big money maker.

roostersrule2
10-09-2013, 10:09 AM
I dunno, I find it pretty likely.

Far Cry 4 is probably releasing next year as well, which will be a big money maker.There's no chance Ubi wont release a game next year, they'll capitalise on the rising next gen market.

There was a four year wait between FC2 and FC3, FC4 could release next year but I'd say 2015 is more likely and even though it makes a lot of money that doesn't mean Ubi wont release AC along side it, it happened last year. AC is an annual game now, I doubt we'll see that change any time soon.

HypeR.tgL
10-09-2013, 10:14 AM
Wow. This is the best trailer I've seen for game DLC!

I honestly can't wait anymore for AC IV >_<.

mjgfish
10-09-2013, 10:45 AM
Looks good so far and can't wait to play the game but i'll be giving the season pass a miss like most of the other AC games as I have no interest in the multiplayer. It would be great if it's improved however like the first AC I prefer a good detailed story than splitting resources. All the mulitplayer fans will love the season pass and thats their choice but it would be nice if theres and way to save on all story DLC's as i'll get all of them. I appreciate people love multiplayer but for me the season pass just ends up being useless to me.

X_xWolverinEx_X
10-09-2013, 10:57 AM
anyone know if it going to be free roam or open world even if its not the big of an open world ???

Sturnz0r
10-09-2013, 12:19 PM
it seems that the dlc includes the whole island of hispaniola with sant domingue enlarged and unlocked as one of his missions is to find a ship to steal and a crew to accompany him

prince162010
10-09-2013, 12:46 PM
What are the the single player missions ??)Additional single player missions, weapons, skins, and collectibles )

roostersrule2
10-09-2013, 12:47 PM
What are the three missions ??)Additional single player missions, weapons, skins, and collectibles )Probably the missions that you get with the special editions.

prince162010
10-09-2013, 12:50 PM
Probably the missions that you get with the special editions.

You Mean ? >>> Black Island, Hidden Mystery, and Sacrificed Secrets.

roostersrule2
10-09-2013, 12:53 PM
You Mean ? >>> Black Island, Hidden Mystery, and Sacrificed Secrets.Yep.

prince162010
10-09-2013, 12:55 PM
Yep.

sounds good , i hope that right ^^

FrankieSatt
10-09-2013, 02:00 PM
I find it disappointing that companies decided to hold back content just to sell it on Day 1 of the release.

Jexx21
10-09-2013, 02:57 PM
There's no chance Ubi wont release a game next year, they'll capitalise on the rising next gen market.

There was a four year wait between FC2 and FC3, FC4 could release next year but I'd say 2015 is more likely and even though it makes a lot of money that doesn't mean Ubi wont release AC along side it, it happened last year. AC is an annual game now, I doubt we'll see that change any time soon.

Why are you so resistant to change?

Composer already announced that he's working on Far Cry 4, game's gotta come out relatively soon now. Spring 2015 is just a half year difference, I think it's completely possible.

Jexx21
10-09-2013, 02:58 PM
I find it disappointing that companies decided to hold back content just to sell it on Day 1 of the release.
but the DLC isn't day one...

roostersrule2
10-09-2013, 03:31 PM
Why are you so resistant to change?

Composer already announced that he's working on Far Cry 4, game's gotta come out relatively soon now. Spring 2015 is just a half year difference, I think it's completely possible.I'm not resistant to change, I'm just saying there will be an AC next year because there will be one.

As for FC4, if could be close but the FC devs seem to have more freedom then the AC devs, so delays are more likey and it hasn't even been officially announced yet so it could come out next year but it probably will be announced at the VGA's for a 2015 release.

Jexx21
10-09-2013, 04:05 PM
I'm not resistant to change, I'm just saying there will be an AC next year because there will be one.

As for FC4, if could be close but the FC devs seem to have more freedom then the AC devs, so delays are more likey and it hasn't even been officially announced yet so it could come out next year but it probably will be announced at the VGA's for a 2015 release.
Yes, there will be one: Liberation HD.

I just can't shake the feeling that a Spring 2015 release is happening.

Wolfmeister1010
10-09-2013, 05:46 PM
Yes, there will be one: Liberation HD.

I just can't shake the feeling that a Spring 2015 release is happening.

I will bet you all the money in the world that there will be a new AC next year other than liberation hd. HD is coming out in early 2014, and all AC games have and will come out holiday season. Just like rooster said, there will be a new AC, because there will.

Jexx21
10-09-2013, 06:00 PM
Okay?

Don;t understand why you don't think Ubisoft is willing to change their business strategies, but whatever.

I'm still betting on Q1/Q2 2015.

We'll find out if the next AC isn't revealed by E3.

EVA Spartan 317
10-09-2013, 07:55 PM
If I buy the Season Pass on Day 1 do I get any content?
I mean anything that isnt in th Buccaneer Edition?

EVA Spartan 317
10-09-2013, 07:56 PM
Now, if we are already at this point when will be Liberation HD release?

pacmanate
10-09-2013, 07:57 PM
If I buy the Season Pass on Day 1 do I get any content?
I mean anything that isnt in th Buccaneer Edition?

You get everything that isn't the Adewale stuff and the MP maps.

Sturnz0r
10-09-2013, 09:01 PM
and the kenway legacy pack, that is found in a pirate figurine?

LoyalACFan
10-09-2013, 11:27 PM
and the kenway legacy pack, that is found in a pirate figurine?

I'm assuming all bonus/preorder content will be included in the Illustrious Pirates pack. Think of it as AC4's version of the hidden secrets pack.

RatonhnhakeFan
10-10-2013, 01:20 AM
Okay?

Don;t understand why you don't think Ubisoft is willing to change their business strategiesProbably because they keep proving they ain't. Nothing will change until they run the franchise into ground. Eidos and annual Tomb Raider sequels in the 90s anyone?

LatinaC09
10-10-2013, 03:14 AM
That trailer was amazing! Will definitely be buying the season pass.

roostersrule2
10-10-2013, 07:19 AM
Okay?

Don;t understand why you don't think Ubisoft is willing to change their business strategies, but whatever.

I'm still betting on Q1/Q2 2015.

We'll find out if the next AC isn't revealed by E3.Next AC will be revealed in Q1/Q2 2014.

I don't understand why you think Ubi will change their business strategies?

xboxauditore
10-10-2013, 01:21 PM
That trailer was amazing! Will definitely be buying the season pass.

Me, too, but does anyone know the song they used in the trailer? Very catchy.

Dutchman141
10-10-2013, 02:03 PM
I normaly don't buy seasonpasses but only the dlc I think is good. I once bought a seasonpass for a game and half the dlc wasn't realy what I wanted.
The dlc shown with this seasonpass looks great though and I think I might make an exception to the rule and go for it.

Will there be chance that I'll get the same dlc twice though, I pre-ordered AC4 Special Edition for Xbox 360 and the following dlc is included:

Sacrificed Secrets
Captain Kenway's Legacy

I don't realy want to pay for the same content twice although the Seasonpass Only dlc and Freedom Cry look awesome.

Knightstar2001
10-10-2013, 06:37 PM
Sacrificed secrets looks to be one of the three Pirates featured in the Pic for the Illustrious pirate pack,so that is likely included. from other peoples comments,It seems that the Season pass is likely going to have all the Special edition dlc that every version gets. So Get the Pass and you get all DLC for the Game is how I am reading it.

pacmanate
10-10-2013, 06:38 PM
Next AC will be revealed in Q1/Q2 2014.

I don't understand why you think Ubi will change their business strategies?

Because its Jexx. The last few AC3 and AC4 both had March yearly reveals, I don't know why this would change.

Stealth Gamer92
10-10-2013, 08:22 PM
Why is Season Pass already available on XBL? ME3 did this but the the pre-orders already had the From Ashes in them. Will this Season Pass be in the pre-orders like ME3 or is Ubi avoiding EA's mistake and everyone will have to buy the Season Pass seperate from the game.

pacmanate
10-10-2013, 08:48 PM
Why is Season Pass already available on XBL? ME3 did this but the the pre-orders already had the From Ashes in them. Will this Season Pass be in the pre-orders like ME3 or is Ubi avoiding EA's mistake and everyone will have to buy the Season Pass seperate from the game.

You can only buy the Season Pass seperately. There is no edition that bundles a Season Pass in with the game.

FrankieSatt
10-10-2013, 09:38 PM
but the DLC isn't day one...

A Season Pass will be available for purchase at the launch of the game on PlayStation 4, Playstation 3, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC, and will include the below downloadable game content at a 20 percent discount:

Freedom Cry: Born a slave, Adewale found freedom as a pirate aboard the Jackdaw as Captain Edward Kenway’s second-in-command. Fifteen years later, Adewale has become a trained assassin and finds himself shipwrecked in Saint-Domingue with no weapon nor crew, starting a new adventure of his own.

The Exclusive Kraken Ship Pack – Only available to Season Pass owners, this pack includes personalization elements for the Jackdaw

New ways to personalize the player’s pirate experience – Additional single player missions, weapons, skins, and collectibles

More Multiplayer Mayhem – Unlock new characters for an even more expansive multiplayer experience

I look at that and it looks like day 1 to me. When will it be released?

MadJC1986
10-10-2013, 09:52 PM
[/LIST]

Just because the Season Pass gets released at day 1, it doesn't mean that the DLC will be released the same day.
The season pass just gives you the possibilty to download all (coming) DLC for free as soon as it is available.

pacmanate
10-10-2013, 10:05 PM
[/LIST]

Your own quotes just answered your question. Jexx said DLC won't be day one. You then quoted something saying the Season Pass is day one. Is season pass DLC? No, season pass is a season pass.

tinrisky
10-11-2013, 12:28 AM
does anyone have the clear version of the Pyè Aleman Lèmiso Batala e (the song) I cant seem to find the one they used

pirate1802
10-11-2013, 05:21 AM
Eidos and annual Tomb Raider sequels in the 90s anyone?

Same thing happened then as well no? Those TR sequels were just like AC, annual and minimal improvements. That is why I'm praying to almighty they don't do that this time around.

Black_Widow9
10-13-2013, 01:02 AM

What are the the single player missions ??)Additional single player missions, weapons, skins, and collectibles )

You Mean ? >>> Black Island, Hidden Mystery, and Sacrificed Secrets.

Yep.

I'm assuming all bonus/preorder content will be included in the Illustrious Pirates pack. Think of it as AC4's version of the hidden secrets pack.

Sacrificed secrets looks to be one of the three Pirates featured in the Pic for the Illustrious pirate pack,so that is likely included. from other peoples comments,It seems that the Season pass is likely going to have all the Special edition dlc that every version gets. So Get the Pass and you get all DLC for the Game is how I am reading it.

I just want this to be clear so you guys aren't confused. ;)

It does not say you will be getting all of the Pre-Order Exclusive DLC. This is an assumption. We don't have the details at this time explaining what exactly is included in the "additional single player missions etc" so please do not assume that it includes Pre-Order Exclusives that it may not. I don't want you to get disappointed if it doesn't happen because it was assumed that it would. Many times "Exclusive" means just that.

The Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag downloadable content features additional single player missions, including ‘Freedom Cry’, a nine mission self-contained story featuring Edward Kenway’s first mate Adewale.

Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag Season Pass grants a 20 percent savings off the regular price of each individual downloadable pack to be released before March 2014, and is available on PlayStation 4, Playstation 3, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC.

Pre-order “Assassin's Creed® IV Black Flag™ Uplay Digital Deluxe Edition” on Uplay Shop and save 25% on the season pass! http://shop.ubi.com/ac4deluxe (http://shop.ubi.com/ac4deluxe)

Lowly Assassin
10-13-2013, 09:45 AM
I just want this to be clear so you guys aren't confused. ;)

It does not say you will be getting all of the Pre-Order Exclusive DLC. This is an assumption. We don't have the details at this time explaining what exactly is included in the "additional single player missions etc" so please do not assume that it includes Pre-Order Exclusives that it may not. I don't want you to get disappointed if it doesn't happen because it was assumed that it would. Many times "Exclusive" means just that.

the word exclusive can mean different things based on its context though,
and i believe this may be where the confusion stems from.
the word exclusive depending on the words around it, could mean that; as a pre order bonus, it is only available at that specific location (but will be available later, so more an early access exclusive) or it can mean only ever available for pre order and will never be available anywhere else ever; ubisoft have tried to use the second definition before; i direct your attention to ACB exclusives, and this caused a very large amount of unhappy gamers around the globe, so the harle/hellequin (i don't remember which) was released through the uplay system as it was not included in any other DLC, ubisoft (across all franchizes) have since had all pre order ULC as early access, and later released the ULC in a DLC package. could ubisoft make the same mistake twice andnot make the pre order content, available further down then line, yes they could, but it would upset alot of people, and they would reverse the decision and release the content, before the announcement of the 7th AC installment in July of 2014

Ghost0320
10-13-2013, 12:04 PM
Hi everyone

I apologise in advance, as I'm sure this question has already been asked, though I cannot find the answer. I love the look of AC 4 and can't wait. I'm getting the game on Xbox one, please no comments on my choice of next gen platform ;-) I wish to purchase the season pass and have a quick question. If I purchase the season Pass on my current xbox 360, will the season pass work on my xbox one, even though I'm not purchasing a 360 copy? Hope you can help.

Cheers

pacmanate
10-13-2013, 01:26 PM
Hi everyone

I apologise in advance, as I'm sure this question has already been asked, though I cannot find the answer. I love the look of AC 4 and can't wait. I'm getting the game on Xbox one, please no comments on my choice of next gen platform ;-) I wish to purchase the season pass and have a quick question. If I purchase the season Pass on my current xbox 360, will the season pass work on my xbox one, even though I'm not purchasing a 360 copy? Hope you can help.

Cheers

The Season Pass will carry over I think. Key word - think. I believe I read it somewhere here on the forums...

Edit - Yes the season pass WILL carry over to next gen consoles!

Source -http://blog.ubi.com/assassins-creed-iv-black-flag-season-pass-dlc/

Ghost0320
10-13-2013, 01:56 PM
Excellent. Thanks very much for the link and reply.

Lowly Assassin
10-13-2013, 02:05 PM
The Season Pass will carry over I think. Key word - think. I believe I read it somewhere here on the forums...

Edit - Yes the season pass WILL carry over to next gen consoles!

Source -http://blog.ubi.com/assassins-creed-iv-black-flag-season-pass-dlc/

Interesting that the source you linked to seems to contrast against the information given by black_widow9
Could it be that the ubiblog source is older and therefore possibly wrong?
I am getting pretty confused about all the contrasting opinions floating around the different countries in regards to ac4,

ButtoningGenie
10-13-2013, 07:42 PM
Who cares? Adewale and Edward are not traditional assassins. It would not affect the stealth gameplay at all, because if you use it, it would ruin stealth. it is just as unnassassiny as any normal pistol that connor or edward carries.

Its funny how everyone says things aren't assassiny or something an assassin would do. Nothing is true everything is permitted is the motto of the assassin's. I think they are defined more by their willingness to do anything than by any particular set of actions, thats more up to what the assassin thinks will do the job and their own personality than any sort of group mentality. obviously the group as a whole likes to be stealthy but that doesn't mean some of them aren't still showoffs

Sturnz0r
10-13-2013, 08:27 PM
Exactly, B_Genie^.

I, for one, want to be able to taunt NPC's

Moreover, i want for a pigeon coup to tell me to do every mission and side mission, And...
end/mean sarcasm

roxmox12
10-21-2013, 07:11 PM
Any idea if this includes the Special/Limited Edition content? AC3's did, and other content has always been made available to buy separate.

Bahamut_God
10-23-2013, 06:17 PM
Is the season pass sold in Australia?

Mr_Shade
10-23-2013, 06:46 PM
Is the season pass sold in Australia?
It should be available everywhere the game and DLC is sold.

check your local Uplay.com or - www.assassinscreed.com/seasonpass

Bahamut_God
10-25-2013, 04:28 AM
I need confirmation PLEASE!!!!!! Mr_Shade, you say the season pass includes Freedom Cry DLC, Kraken Pack, Pirate personalize experience and Multiplayer Mayhem, but you did not include the Death Vessel Pack AND Crusader and Florentine pack as shown in the image. Were you just mistaken or is there actually the other 2 missing packs???

Mr_Shade
10-25-2013, 01:33 PM
The season pass will give you whats advertised

hypershadw
10-27-2013, 12:15 AM
In the image it says nothing about a Wii U version. Does this mean that it will not get the Season Pass, or not got the DLC at all? Or just a mistake? I have been a long time Assassin's Creed supporter for the Xbox 360. Considering Microsoft ruined my trust with the Xbox One I want to get it for the Wii U. I already have the game pre-ordered for Wii U and want to get this DLC because it looks amazing. I trust you guys because you have shown great support for the Wii U unlike your competitor EA. I hope this hasn't changed. Someone already asked this question earlier in the forum but it wasn't addressed. Please let me know, thank you.

HypeR.tgL
10-27-2013, 11:53 AM
The Wii-U is not receiving any of the downloadable content for Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, sorry to say dude..

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/assassin-s-creed-iv-black-flag-dlc-skipping-wii-u/1100-6415500/

SlinGnBulletS
10-27-2013, 06:13 PM
i am getting the limited edition package of black flag and want to know if the season pass comes with it. ($125 it better lol)

troysayshi
10-27-2013, 07:11 PM
We'll know for sure come Tuesday but from what I can ascertain I don't think it's included in the Black Chest edition.

Mr_Shade
10-28-2013, 02:08 PM
The black chest edition comes with the content as advertised.

hamNdoritos
10-28-2013, 03:19 PM
Question: Will the Season Pass immediately unlock all the preorder bonus DLC's from the different stores offering it? At first I preordered a Standard Edition from GameStop because I was still trying to see if I can get the Black Chest Edition if Ubisoft ever changed their minds about releasing it in NA. So that was a no go, so then I decided that I'll just settle for the NA Limited Edition, but GameStop told me the Limited Edition is sold out in stores and that I have to preorder it online. I decided to preorder it from WalMart because 1) they have free Guarantee Release Date Delivery whereas GameStop charges $13 for release date delivery, and 2) because walmart has a better preorder bonus in my opinion with the dual wield drake swords and dual pistols. BUT THEN, now gamestop is telling me that they're getting another preorder bonus on top of what they have and it's dual wield German Rapiers. It's too late to change my preorder now so I'm wondering if the Season Pass I'm going to buy on Day 1 is going to have all the preorder bonuses from Target, Amazon, Best Buy, and GameStop on top of the extra bonus German Rapiers from GameStop that was recently added.

hypershadw
10-28-2013, 09:20 PM
The Wii-U is not receiving any of the downloadable content for Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, sorry to say dude..

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/assassin-s-creed-iv-black-flag-dlc-skipping-wii-u/1100-6415500/

Any idea why? I mean honestly there is no excuse. People wonder why they don't get games for the Wii U whenever companies clearly gimp their version of the game on it whenever the xbox 360 and ps3 are inferior in tech but Wii U doesn't get it. Hopefully Ubisoft will change their mind. If they don't, then I guess I will not be getting the DLC even though I have gotten ALL of their DLC and ALL of their games for Assassin's Creed. I guess they just don't want my money. Shame, it looked really good. I'll just watch a playthrough of it on youtube then. Thanks for letting me know man.

JakeCampagna
10-29-2013, 12:58 AM
if you just regularly pre order ac 4, like no big deals or anythin just like a $60 pre order does the game come with a season pass?

Knightstar2001
10-29-2013, 05:10 AM
if you just regularly pre order ac 4, like no big deals or anythin just like a $60 pre order does the game come with a season pass?

No, It is a separate 20 dollar purchase.

bestscreenname
10-29-2013, 01:24 PM
Does the season pass cover the DLC from the Todd McFarlane action figures?

Krayus Korianis
10-29-2013, 09:25 PM
Does the season pass cover the DLC from the Todd McFarlane action figures?
No one knows, but speculation states it might. Due to AC III also doing the entire ULC DLC a couple of months later or so.

cyrax008
10-29-2013, 11:19 PM
The Adewale SP DLC is only 3 hrs of new content and I'm disappointed....

Krayus Korianis
10-30-2013, 09:03 AM
I truly do wonder however, what the entirety of the season pass contains. I know about the Freedom Cry mission string, the Kraken Ship and such... But what else is in this pass?

SlinGnBulletS
10-30-2013, 07:13 PM
hey i have the season pass but for some reason i do not have the kraken ship pack. do i have to wait for it?

Mr_Shade
10-30-2013, 07:16 PM
hey i have the season pass but for some reason i do not have the kraken ship pack. do i have to wait for it?
Hi,

Content when released will be made available for free [to season pass owners] in the 'Additional Content' menu in game.

hamNdoritos
10-31-2013, 12:37 AM
I too purchased the Season Pass on Day One, and I redeemed and installed the season pass however None of the bonus content are in the game. Aren't I suppose to get all the secrets pack? I didn't get any message saying the Black Island secrets is unlocked or the Sacrificed Island secrets unlocked and this is after already putting in the season pass as well as the preorder bonus card from gamestop.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
10-31-2013, 01:04 PM
Hi, please see here for bonus items https://support.ubi.com/en-gb/FAQ.aspx?platformid=9&brandid=22&productid=4186&faqid=kA030000000eayyCAA

Costumes can be found in the cabin after Memory Sequence 3.

Secu12
10-31-2013, 01:47 PM
Since in the PC forum none answered me I shall question here:
1. This Freedom Cry DLC when it will be available for PC upon its release on Nov 19/22th (depending on the region)
2. It will be split in a number of episodes similar to The Tyranny Of King Washington?

ghostangel
10-31-2013, 06:22 PM
@Ubi-Much, the link you gave specifically talks about equipping the weapons / upgrades and all, but where do we actually find the content in the game world?
After I redeemed the codes for the season pass and the Gamestop Pre-order items, I've only been able to find the Black Isle items..

I think the FAQ that people are being re-direct to needs to be expanded to include the location (map coordinates would be most welcomed)
[ghost]

Mr_Shade
11-01-2013, 01:32 PM
Hi,

Not all Season pass content is released yet - please check the 'Additional Content' menu in game to see what have released.

Once it has been - the FAQ will be updated - it would be misleading and confusing if it was listed before release.

For locations of chests containing the pre-order and CE content - which you need to find before you can use them - please check the link already posted and this one:
https://support.ubi.com/en-US/FAQ.aspx?platformid=35&brandid=22&productid=4186&faqid=kA030000000ebfgCAA

jerry488
11-02-2013, 07:12 PM
There will be dlc's or packs's about going to new islands (like unadded island) and new ships like Death Vessel's Pack?:confused:

ubertubertube
11-02-2013, 07:43 PM
Just wanted to mention, I'd love more than anything to show my support for Ubisoft by purchasing and playing this DLC, but I can't, since Ubisoft hasn't shown its support for me, and others like me who have a Wii U. Thanks for gimping our version, Ubisoft.

plentybeef
11-05-2013, 08:25 AM
http://www.oxmonline.com/assassins-creed-liberation-due-early-2014-discount-ac4-season-pass

I was looking for more info about the season pass and found this. It says there is a discount for any who buy the season pass for the new liberation HD.

Also, if we buy the season pass, do we get the GameStop exclusive that was added along, or do we not get the German swords?

DafyddRW
11-06-2013, 08:07 PM
I heard somewhere that some DLCs for the new ubisoft games, including this one, is exclusive to playstation, and isn't available on the xbox consoles. Is this true? Because this would be a VERY bad move, since not only will this mean that you'd get less profit (you're not going to persuade anyone to switch consoles) but you're also going to make a lot of people who bought a season pass quite angry, since they won't get all they paid for. Might I suggest doing the same as activision: releasing all content on all consoles, but to one console family weeks or even months before the other(s). Therefore you'll keep favour with everyone, but still give a bonus to sony.

Knightstar2001
11-06-2013, 08:51 PM
Season pass owners will have no grounds for getting angry since they will be getting everything that the season pass covers. I doubt console exclusive DLC is included in the season pass, just like the Time saver DLCs are not included. I see no one raging over those not being included. Also How does not having the DLC availble on Xbox equal less Profit? Either people were going to get it on their Xbox or they weren't. This was a Win-Win for Ubisoft since they get paid a flat fee for making it for Sony and Sony gets a leg up on Xbox as a reason to get it on that console if you have both.

DafyddRW
11-06-2013, 11:06 PM
But if the season pass costs the same on both consoles, but there's less content for the xbox version, they get less for their money. Also, by not making the DLCs available for them, the people who would have bought them can't, which might make them rethink buying any other content, even to the point of some people with 'strong opinions' completely stop buying ubisoft games because they think they're being neglected by the company. I'm not one of those people, but I do find it irritating, and I definitely won't be buying a season pass if I don't get as much as someone with a ps4 would because it's just unfair.

Pixxel_94
11-07-2013, 05:13 PM
Don't worry the Seasons Pass WILL NOT include content that is not availlable to other platforms. the only thing that is only availlable to PS platforms are the Aveline Missions.
But I have a theory about the Seasons Pass, I think the Seasons Pass WILL include ALL the DLC and ULC from all the editions EXEPT the DLC you get with the Mcfarlane Figures or the Figurines (Blackbeard and Edward the Assassin Pirate). Here is a link with all the DLC from the all the editions :-) https://support.ubi.com/en-gb/FAQ.aspx?platformid=9&brandid=22&productid=4186&faqid=kA030000000eayyCAA

Dutchman141
11-07-2013, 09:19 PM
But I have a theory about the Seasons Pass, I think the Seasons Pass WILL include ALL the DLC and ULC from all the editions EXEPT the DLC you get with the Mcfarlane Figures or the Figurines (Blackbeard and Edward the Assassin Pirate). Here is a link with all the DLC from the all the editions :-) https://support.ubi.com/en-gb/FAQ.aspx?platformid=9&brandid=22&productid=4186&faqid=kA030000000eayyCAA

I would realy like to buy the seasonpass but not untill I'm sure about what future dlc/ulc will be included, there isn't any clear information on what's included though.
Freedom Cry and the extra dlc/ulc single player content are very nice, I don't care for the multiplayer items since I never play online multiplayer.

Krayus Korianis
11-07-2013, 09:22 PM
Straight from an email I got AFTER I bought the Season Pass on my 360 and played AC IV: Black Flag connected to the Ubisoft servers:

Purchase the Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Season Pass and get access to all-new exclusive content packs!

Single-Player Mission: Freedom Cry
Exclusive Content Pack
2 X Multiplayer Character Packs
Death Vessel Pack
Florentine and Crusader Pack
Season Pass Exclusive: Kraken Ship Pack

Please note the second item on the list... Exclusive Content Pack. SAME as AC III.

Dutchman141
11-07-2013, 09:27 PM
Sorry for being simple but Exclusive Content Pack as in ........?
Does that mean the ulc packs like Sacrifice Secrets etc. ?

Krayus Korianis
11-07-2013, 09:28 PM
Sorry for being simple but Exclusive Content Pack as in ........?
Does that mean the ulc packs like Sacrifice Secrets etc. ?
Yes. ALL the exclusive content except Aveline de Grandpré missions.

Dutchman141
11-07-2013, 09:32 PM
If that is so then I'm sold.

I don't realy care for the Aveline content, I like to play as Edward not someone else, it would ruin the original game for me. Adewale is someone allready present in the game so I'm looking forward to get to know more about him in Freedom Cry

Krayus Korianis
11-07-2013, 09:35 PM
If that is so then I'm sold.

I don't realy care for the Aveline content, I like to play as Edward not someone else, it would ruin the original game for me. Adewale is someone allready present in the game so I'm looking forward to get to know more about him in Freedom Cry

I'm interested in the Aveline Liberations game coming to 360 myself. However, I could give a rat's behind on the exclusive content, EVEN if the license runs out in 6 months after release of AC IV. I'd probably pay $5.00 USD for it. But only if it's good, otherwise I can watch it on the YouTube.

x Kolyana x
11-07-2013, 10:21 PM
I did not know that the Season Pass only gave you a 20% discount. So it costs $20 to get a 20% discount, so they'd have to put out $100 worth of DLCs to make back that cost. With the likes of Borderlands 2 where they have gone crazy releasing DLC packs I could see being bale to recoup that, but with Assassin's Creed IV ... ? Will they really put out $100 worth of DLCS???

Krayus Korianis
11-07-2013, 11:09 PM
I did not know that the Season Pass only gave you a 20% discount. So it costs $20 to get a 20% discount, so they'd have to put out $100 worth of DLCs to make back that cost. With the likes of Borderlands 2 where they have gone crazy releasing DLC packs I could see being bale to recoup that, but with Assassin's Creed IV ... ? Will they really put out $100 worth of DLCS???

It's more like $25.00 USD in total actually. 24.99 - 20% = 19.99, which is the cost of the Season Pass in the US. Minus the various taxes.

DafyddRW
11-07-2013, 11:18 PM
Thanks for all the replies. If it's just the Aveline content that's exclusive, I don't mind at all, and I will buy the season pass. As for 20% discount, $20 isn't a 20% discount on $100, that would be $80. $20 is a 20% discount on $25, which makes much more sense, since ubisoft would only need to make two or three DLCs for that to be reasonable. Thank you all for informing me. :D

x Kolyana x
11-08-2013, 12:38 AM
It's more like $25.00 USD in total actually. 24.99 - 20% = 19.99, which is the cost of the Season Pass in the US. Minus the various taxes.

Right ... I bought it in the US as well. So you shelled out $20 for it, yes? So to get that $20 back you have to save $20 (or more) in future DLCs. But if the Season Pass just gives you 20% off future DLCs, that means that there has to be at least $100 worth of DLCs released, and you'd get them for $80, thus saving the $20 difference.

Maybe I am not remembering previous titles very well, but I do not remember them releasing that many DLCs for that sort of price range, which leaves me skeptical that I made a shrewd purchase.

x Kolyana x
11-08-2013, 12:39 AM
Thanks for all the replies. If it's just the Aveline content that's exclusive, I don't mind at all, and I will buy the season pass. As for 20% discount, $20 isn't a 20% discount on $100, that would be $80. $20 is a 20% discount on $25, which makes much more sense, since ubisoft would only need to make two or three DLCs for that to be reasonable. Thank you all for informing me. :D

Maybe I am not understanding how the season pass works:

- it was my assumption when I bought it that it agve me all future DLCs for free.
- but after reading the first post here I am wondering if I just get a 20% discount on the DLCs

Which is it?

bondboy_88
11-08-2013, 04:29 AM
The 20% is only until april next year I think. Although freedom cry is free with the season pass.

plentybeef
11-08-2013, 10:13 PM
I'm sure the dlc will be half off later, would that mean I'm getting the same discount?

DafyddRW
11-09-2013, 11:49 AM
Alright, I don't think many of you understand. The season pass costs $20. It claims that it gives you a 20% discount. A season pass gives you all the future DLCs, without having to pay any more (the only exception being the Aveline content). This means that, If you were to buy the DLCs separately, without the season pass, it would cost you $25, and you wouldn't get the kraken ship.

Krayus Korianis
11-10-2013, 06:21 AM
Right ... I bought it in the US as well. So you shelled out $20 for it, yes? So to get that $20 back you have to save $20 (or more) in future DLCs. But if the Season Pass just gives you 20% off future DLCs, that means that there has to be at least $100 worth of DLCs released, and you'd get them for $80, thus saving the $20 difference.

Maybe I am not remembering previous titles very well, but I do not remember them releasing that many DLCs for that sort of price range, which leaves me skeptical that I made a shrewd purchase.

... Wth. It's a savings of 20% off the TOTAL of all the content IN the Season Pass. You get ALL the DLC once you buy the Season Pass. In total, it would be 24.99 minus the 20% (Your savings) it's 19.99.

I'm sorry for my next comment... I really am.

Your math is absurd. There was ever only 2 Season Passes for AC games, III and IV. 24.99 - 20% = 19.99. THAT is the extent of how much SEPARATELY the DLC would cost, which is 24.99 plus various taxes. IT doesn't give you a discount on each part of the pass for 20 dollars, there isn't 100 dollars of content. There's only 25 dollars of content.

FOR EVERYONE ELSE:

There's no discount. It's already included in the pass. You get EVERYTHING that they're going to release for the Pass. Once more, THERE IS NO DISCOUNT. The COST of the Pass is already discounted by 20% off the TOTAL of the content included IN the Pass.

jetlee2777
11-11-2013, 04:33 AM
Well the Season Pass with the Adewale content and additionally multiplayer characters looks not bad at all and I´m definently looking forward to this,and asfar as I can see from the picture there will be another kind of Vodoo schaman and a person who looks quite similiar to Blackbeard and a blonde woman who looks similiar to the Pioneer,a guy who looks similiar to the Coyote Man,and for the first time an asian woman who looks similiar to the chinese assasin Shao Jun or maybe it´s that chinese woman from that sidemission of AC4 Black Flag.

flyin-bart
11-11-2013, 04:58 PM
Does anyone know if the DLC that was included in the limited editions is going to be included on the season pass?

I did opt for the black chest edition but due to a **** up I lost out and have now pre ordered the skull edition on PS4.

Now I know that you get Sacrificed Secrets and Hidden Mystery with this edition but I would like to get Black Island too. Now do I have to opt for the Buccaneer Edition to get this or get a season pass and obtain it that way??

Krayus Korianis
11-12-2013, 01:44 AM
Does anyone know if the DLC that was included in the limited editions is going to be included on the season pass?

I did opt for the black chest edition but due to a **** up I lost out and have now pre ordered the skull edition on PS4.

Now I know that you get Sacrificed Secrets and Hidden Mystery with this edition but I would like to get Black Island too. Now do I have to opt for the Buccaneer Edition to get this or get a season pass and obtain it that way??

What I got in an email for the pass. AFTER I bought the pass, mind.

Purchase the Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Season Pass and get access to all-new exclusive content packs!

Exclusive Content Pack
Death Vessel Pack

jetlee2777
11-12-2013, 05:46 PM

Well the only thing that I don´t like on the season pass is,that why all the content of this is NOT included into the Black Chest Edition?,as I mean it´s already expensive enough if you ask me.

But still though I want this five new multiplayer characters of course.

Regards,

jetlee2777

x Kolyana x
11-14-2013, 08:37 PM
... Wth. It's a savings of 20% off the TOTAL of all the content IN the Season Pass. You get ALL the DLC once you buy the Season Pass. In total, it would be 24.99 minus the 20% (Your savings) it's 19.99.

I'm sorry for my next comment... I really am.

Your math is absurd. There was ever only 2 Season Passes for AC games, III and IV. 24.99 - 20% = 19.99. THAT is the extent of how much SEPARATELY the DLC would cost, which is 24.99 plus various taxes. IT doesn't give you a discount on each part of the pass for 20 dollars, there isn't 100 dollars of content. There's only 25 dollars of content.

FOR EVERYONE ELSE:

There's no discount. It's already included in the pass. You get EVERYTHING that they're going to release for the Pass. Once more, THERE IS NO DISCOUNT. The COST of the Pass is already discounted by 20% off the TOTAL of the content included IN the Pass.

Easy there tiger, it's all good. I am merely confused with how the season pack works (thus me applying math is all the wrong ways). I have never purchased a season pass before for any game and started getting confused on what it actually gave me.

ScatmanJJ
11-16-2013, 11:23 AM
OK, I have bought the season pass but where is the content,
we are told that we get
Exclusive Content Pack
Death Vessel Pack

so far all I have is the Kraken Pack which really is not good enough.

TokeNUpZ
11-16-2013, 12:03 PM
I would like to see the acii master assassin or (armor of altair) come back in a dlc!!! It was such an amazing outfit, and i would love to look like the master assassin when im raiding ships in the carribean, i know im not alone when i say i wanna see this, i know im not the only that loved the armor and its aesthetics in the game of acii but you should totally make it a mission to get it for edward and include it in the florence and crusader pack coming out soon

ScatmanJJ
11-16-2013, 12:14 PM
Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad armour is already available in game as is Ezio Auditore da Firenze and Connor's (Ratonhnhaké:ton), they are rewards for playing the previous games and are unlocked at the start of AC4

Mr_Shade
11-16-2013, 07:17 PM

Hi, content will release at different times - please check the additional content menu in game for what is currently available.

Krayus Korianis
11-16-2013, 08:57 PM
we are told that we get
Exclusive Content Pack
Death Vessel Pack

If you think it's not good enough to get all those things, refund it. But alas you can't since there's a tiny, little scrib of note at the bottom of the confirm window... Digital Content cannot be Refunded. >.> Ooooh.

Also right now, there's 2 DLC's that are released, Death Vessel and Kraken Ship for the Pass. So yes, that's 2 DLC TAKEN off the Pass already. So they have to do 5 more DLC packs to make good on the season pass. As Shade has stated, the DLC will be released at select intervals according to UbiSoft's policies on releasing content. It's like that for EVERY Season Pass for EVERY game. You don't get EVERYTHING right off.

hamNdoritos
11-16-2013, 10:56 PM
Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad armour is already available in game as is Ezio Auditore da Firenze and Connor's (Ratonhnhaké:ton), they are rewards for playing the previous games and are unlocked at the start of AC4

double facepalm. First you ask for the Freedom Cry DLC the moment you got AC4 and the season pass. and then you don't know what you're talking about in terms of Altair's armor. There's a different between the Armor of Altair and Altair's robes.

Krayus Korianis
11-17-2013, 09:29 AM
double facepalm. First you ask for the Freedom Cry DLC the moment you got AC4 and the season pass. and then you don't know what you're talking about in terms of Altair's armor. There's a different between the Armor of Altair and Altair's robes.
I'm with hamNdoritos. There is a difference. lol. I don't think these people EVER bought a season pass before. Even so, it kinda is assumed that they don't give you everything right off, since everything isn't DONE. lol.

Littleweasel
11-20-2013, 07:37 PM
i really wish the season pass would ONLY have sp content which would justify the extra cost, as the MP content is a waste of money to me since i really hate it other than the wolfpack

TorQue1988
11-21-2013, 01:01 PM
What is the "Illustrious Pirates Pack". Does it include the unlockable content from the McFarlane action figures?
-Connor Sails
-Dark Blue Outfit
-Kenway Family Sword
-Benjamin Hornigold Sails
-Blackbeard's Sails
-Black Bart Sails
So does it contain this or what?

Krayus Korianis
11-21-2013, 02:48 PM
That's actually part of the Exclusive Content Pack... >.>

Deathcythe
11-21-2013, 05:53 PM
What is the "Illustrious Pirates Pack". Does it include the unlockable content from the McFarlane action figures?
-Connor Sails
-Dark Blue Outfit
-Kenway Family Sword
-Benjamin Hornigold Sails
-Blackbeard's Sails
-Black Bart Sails
So does it contain this or what?

Is this included in the season pass?

prince162010
11-21-2013, 10:38 PM
Is this included in the season pass?

yup yup

Disco Ball
11-22-2013, 06:11 PM
So I have ACIV for XBOX ONE and I want to get a season pass. If I buy it on ONE I get the season pass, but if I buy it on 360, it transfers to the ONE AND I get 25% off HD LIBERATIONS?

For a limited time only, all players that purchase or have already purchased the Season Pass for Assassin's Creed® IV Black Flag™ on Xbox 360 will receive 25% off their purchase of Assassin's Creed Liberation HD. Owners of Assassin’s Creed®IV Black Flag™ Season Pass for Xbox 360 will also get Season Pass access on Xbox One.

So with that said, I assume I should buy it on 360 and transfer it to the ONE. How does that even work?

TorQue1988
11-23-2013, 05:19 PM
So what's the release date for Freedom Cry?

TheWakfulCrane
11-24-2013, 12:46 AM
When it says " Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag Season Pass grants a 20 percent savings off the regular price of each individual downloadable pack to be released before March 2014", does that mean I'm saving 20%, or do I still have to buy all the content but with a 20% discount?

DetroitPlaya
11-24-2013, 12:48 AM
When it says " Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag Season Pass grants a 20 percent savings off the regular price of each individual downloadable pack to be released before March 2014", does that mean I'm saving 20%, or do I still have to buy all the content but with a 20% discount?

You save 20% (compared to buying all individually) :)

Also, you get a discount on AC: Liberation HD if you pre-order and have the Season Pass for AC IV: BF.

jetlee2777
11-24-2013, 03:06 AM
So what's the release date for Freedom Cry?

Yeah I would like to know it too,as I now bought the Season Pass for Ps3.

daftPirate
11-25-2013, 10:39 PM
Just read the wiki summary of Freedom Cry, and now I'm really excited. The trailer made it seem like it would be about Ade escaping slavery, but if it's about him after he has some assassin experience under his belt, then I'm pumped!

jetlee2777
11-26-2013, 03:14 AM
Just read the wiki summary of Freedom Cry, and now I'm really excited. The trailer made it seem like it would be about Ade escaping slavery, but if it's about him after he has some assassin experience under his belt, then I'm pumped!

What do you mean?,it´s not saying there when it will going to be released.

But I´ve seen yesterday that the new trophies of the dlc appeared,on my trophies list.

So I think that maybe it will come this Wednesday in Europe?,and probably Tuesday in the United States?

Regards,

jetlee2777

CatFlusher
11-27-2013, 04:33 PM
That trailer is a work of art. Glad you guys are stepping your game up after Revelations :) AC4 is great!!

MatthewV2013
11-27-2013, 08:38 PM
How am I to play the dlc when I cannot connect to uplay?

Krayus Korianis
11-28-2013, 01:28 AM
How am I to play the dlc when I cannot connect to uplay?
If you have it on the first console you got it on... You don't have to connect to uPlay.

MinoDan
11-29-2013, 11:43 AM
Why is the Season Pass (bought via PS3) not working on my PS4? Thats low Ubisoft!

Mr_Shade
11-29-2013, 11:47 AM
Why is the Season Pass (bought via PS3) not working on my PS4? Thats low Ubisoft!
Hi, It 'should' - have you contacted support?

OR - checked the in game additional content menu - you maybe able to download it again, from there - however do not re-purchase it - if it says it cost's money!!

www.support.ubi.com (http://www.support.ubi.com)

MinoDan
11-29-2013, 11:54 AM
The Ingame addition content menu only lists it for for 19.99.
There is no option to just "re-download" it.

Mr_Shade
11-29-2013, 12:26 PM
The Ingame addition content menu only lists it for for 19.99.
There is no option to just "re-download" it.
I suggest you contact support and they can verify your ownership and correct the issue.

www.support.ubi.com

Tarjas Templar
11-29-2013, 12:56 PM
when is this being released ? :o been waiting and waiting lol

jetlee2777
11-29-2013, 01:09 PM
when is this being released ? :o been waiting and waiting lol

Same here I´m already excited to play it and see the new multiplayer characters.

SixKeys
11-29-2013, 02:53 PM
Probably not before Christmas. I think AC3's DLC came out in January or February.

jetlee2777
11-30-2013, 03:20 AM
Probably not before Christmas. I think AC3's DLC came out in January or February.

Hmm as far as I saw in the internet the AC3 DLC,which was called:"The Battle Hardened Pack",was announced on December 4,2012 and was released on January 8,2013 for Ps3 and Xbox360.

But don´t tell me now that we have to wait now also again until next year,that the "Freedom Cry" DLC will be released?

Regards,

jetlee2777

MinoDan
11-30-2013, 07:56 PM
I suggest you contact support and they can verify your ownership and correct the issue.

www.support.ubi.com

I did and got a pointless reply what carries over when I upgrade my PS3 version to PS4.

Thing is I didn't do this voucher thing (thankfully as it doesn't seem to work anyway) but bought an extra retail copy of ACIV for the PS4.

So what now? Did I burn 20 euros on the old system and am now being forced to pay another 20 bucks on the PS4?

Btw, I just checked the Season Pass status via PS3/PSN and its marked as "Purchased".
The PS4 is most definatly still listing the price of 19.99 Euro.

Chipworm
12-01-2013, 02:04 PM
I have the same problem. My PS3 season pass does not work on PS4. So, as suggested here I contacted support. Their response?

Ubisoft Support wrote:

Unfortunately in this case you cannot transfer your Season pass between PS3 and PS4.

Great service guys... :(

Edit:

Have responded to support with the following link:

http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-us/news/news_detail.aspx?c=tcm:19-115724&ct=tcm:6-231-32

I'll update if I hear anything.

MinoDan
12-01-2013, 04:54 PM
I have the same problem. My PS3 season pass does not work on PS4. So, as suggested here I contacted support. Their response?

Ubisoft Support wrote:

Unfortunately in this case you cannot transfer your Season pass between PS3 and PS4.

Great service guys... :(

Edit:

Have responded to support with the following link:

http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-us/news/news_detail.aspx?c=tcm:19-115724&ct=tcm:6-231-32

I'll update if I hear anything.

Oh thank god I'm not the only one!
So Ubisoft lied...AGAIN!

Automatic Next-Gen Upgrade
Buy the season pass on PlayStation®3 system and you’ll automatically get season pass access on PlayStation®4 system. Buy the season pass on Xbox 360 and you’ll automatically get season pass access on Xbox One.

jetlee2777
12-02-2013, 05:53 AM
Well eventhough I don´t have a Ps4,what I only don´t understand is that actually when you have bought something from the Ps Store like e.g. the Season Pass for ACIV on Ps3,why is it not showing up in the download list?,what I mean is,is it not possible somehow to go to the Ps Store of the Ps4 and then go to the download list?,cause there should be actually the Season Pass if you have bought it already,and should transfer it from Ps3 to Ps4 if you have bought it from there,right?

MinoDan
12-02-2013, 09:01 AM
Well eventhough I don´t have a Ps4,what I only don´t understand is that actually when you have bought something from the Ps Store like e.g. the Season Pass for ACIV on Ps3,why is it not showing up in the download list?,what I mean is,is it not possible somehow to go to the Ps Store of the Ps4 and then go to the download list?,cause there should be actually the Season Pass if you have bought it already,and should transfer it from Ps3 to Ps4 if you have bought it from there,right?

I already checked but can only find PSN related download that I purchased via the PS4. The PS3 stuff is not shown.

jetlee2777
12-02-2013, 10:36 AM
I already checked but can only find PSN related download that I purchased via the PS4. The PS3 stuff is not shown.

So it´s not shown in the download list?,strange or maybe they did it like this don´t know.

As also for some reason players which got a Ps3 can´t play Assasins Creed IV Black Flag multiplayer together,with players which got a Ps4.

Mr_Shade
12-02-2013, 01:16 PM
Guys I am reporting this - can you all please contact me via PM - with your support ticket numbers, if you have been told that the season pass can't be transferred?

The season pass it's self - SHOULD - transfer over - when you do the upgrade.

Please ensure you are using the SAME uPlay account and PSN as you did before, and it should appear in the 'Additional Content' section in game for free - at least that is my understanding, so I am checking for you all now.

Once you have the season pass - you can re-download items which are on it, for free.

Other DLC you may have purchased or received as part of a pre-order bonus, or in the collectors edition does not carry over, as noted in the first post, however it's possible that this content maybe reissued at a future date.

If you DID NOT use the official Upgrade path, as per the first post - PLEASE POST back - since that maybe the root issue.

If you have not contacted support - please do so asap.

Re: Question about PS3 and PS4 playing together in MP - the servers are separate, so you can only play people on the same console as you - so PS4vPS4 and PS3vPS3

bfg8472
12-02-2013, 08:30 PM
Ubi Support have responded to my second post with:

Ubisoft Support wrote:

Apologize for my wrong information.
You can also check your download history on the PS4 and purchase history on the PS Store to see if it is purchased and click on download again if it has. If it isn't there then it's probably because of technical difficulties with the PSN Store.

Unless im missing something, you cannot see your ps3 purchases on the ps4, and if so, why arn't ubi support aware of this.

Hopefully somone will sort this out.

Rob

Chipworm
12-02-2013, 09:07 PM
I havent heard anything further form Ubisoft support since I linked them to the website which claimed the season pass would transfer.

I have pm'd Mr Shade as requested with my support number - thank you for your help. :)

MinoDan
12-03-2013, 12:09 AM
Guys I am reporting this - can you all please contact me via PM - with your support ticket numbers, if you have been told that the season pass can't be transferred?

The season pass it's self - SHOULD - transfer over - when you do the upgrade.

Please ensure you are using the SAME uPlay account and PSN as you did before, and it should appear in the 'Additional Content' section in game for free - at least that is my understanding, so I am checking for you all now.

Once you have the season pass - you can re-download items which are on it, for free.

Other DLC you may have purchased or received as part of a pre-order bonus, or in the collectors edition does not carry over, as noted in the first post, however it's possible that this content maybe reissued at a future date.

If you DID NOT use the official Upgrade path, as per the first post - PLEASE POST back - since that maybe the root issue.

If you have not contacted support - please do so asap.

Re: Question about PS3 and PS4 playing together in MP - the servers are separate, so you can only play people on the same console as you - so PS4vPS4 and PS3vPS3

I think this is my issue! I didn't do the upgrade but bought a new retail PS4 copy (Black Chest Edition).
The referencenumber for my ticket is 00886483.

MinoDan
12-03-2013, 12:10 AM
Ubi Support have responded to my second post with:

Ubisoft Support wrote:

Apologize for my wrong information.
You can also check your download history on the PS4 and purchase history on the PS Store to see if it is purchased and click on download again if it has. If it isn't there then it's probably because of technical difficulties with the PSN Store.

Unless im missing something, you cannot see your ps3 purchases on the ps4, and if so, why arn't ubi support aware of this.

Hopefully somone will sort this out.

Rob
Same problem here. The PS3 purchases can not be viewed via PS4.

Chipworm
12-03-2013, 10:13 AM
I did the digital upgrade and it hasn't transferred, so it seems every option has the same problem.

bfg8472
12-03-2013, 10:49 PM
Went to psn store, black flag, addons, season pass is now showing as free for me. Once installed the ship pack could be downloaded too.
Hopefully they have fixed it for everyone.
Rob

MinoDan
12-03-2013, 11:47 PM
Went to psn store, black flag, addons, season pass is now showing as free for me. Once installed the ship pack could be downloaded too.
Hopefully they have fixed it for everyone.
Rob
Just checked and my Season Pass is now active on PS4 too! Yaaaaay!

Thank you very much @Mr_Shade and the rest of the UbiTeam!

NeoMorph WTH
12-03-2013, 11:54 PM
I had problems where my season pass stuff and my special edition stuff went missing... think it might have been the update on the Xbox One that messed it all up. I had to delete the addon pack and then re-install it... and it fixed it fine after fully restarting the game.

dybyf8
12-04-2013, 07:16 PM
I"m having the same problem on the Xbox One and was told by xbox to uninstall the game and season pass and re-install it. that made things worst. not only do i not have the Kraken ship pack now all my pre-order items are gone as well. i got no answers from ubisoft and when i called them on the phone they act like they never heard of this problem before i called. now i get on here and see its an ongoing problem. and now looking at all that suppose to come with it a lot was missed i also have no extra multi-player characters

AdultShotaro
12-05-2013, 02:37 AM
Can I not buy the season pass and still get the DLC?