PDA

View Full Version : What visual characteristics make an Assassin for you ?

killzab
10-06-2013, 09:15 AM
Until ACB, and ACR to an extent, I had a preconceived idea of what any assassin, or at least any protagonist, should be wearing to really look like an Assassin.

- Wearing Black/white and red
- A beaked hood
- hidden blades

But since AC3, I've notided the devs have been less strict in the way they design the characters. Blue instead of red or a random color scheme, no beak or no hood..

Probably all for the sake of variety. But do you think we will see one day a hero that looks like any other character or in the game or do you think they should keep at least some of these visual characteristics ?

Sushiglutton
10-06-2013, 11:02 AM
Hood (not gonna say white as grey worked) and hidden blade. Everything else is up to the designers. I thought Connor's outfit in AC3 was real cool and I not having red was smart as Connor was moving in the wild and wasn't a cityboy like the others.

killzab
10-06-2013, 11:10 AM
Hood (not gonna say white as grey worked) and hidden blade. Everything else is up to the designers. I thought Connor's outfit in AC3 was real cool and I not having red was smart as Connor was moving in the wild and wasn't a cityboy like the others.

He did have a red scarf around his hips though.

And Aveline didn't have a hood so it's not constant either :/

Sushiglutton
10-06-2013, 11:14 AM
He did have a red scarf around his hips though.

And Aveline didn't have a hood so it's not constant either :/

Hmm you are right, I take back everything :p! Except for the hood thing. The hood is sacred and Aveline was a misstake in that regard (haven't played that game). My guess is that it was to make her more femine (you can see the hair), but no, hood should be there imo!

killzab
10-06-2013, 11:16 AM
Hmm you are right, I take back everything :p! Except for the hood thing. The hood is sacred and Aveline was a misstake in that regard (haven't played that game). My guess is that it was to make her more femine (you can see the hair), but no, hood should be there imo!

First thing I did in Liberation was buy the hood as soon as I could :D I'm glad we got the option to wear one at least.

pirate1802
10-06-2013, 11:24 AM
The hood and the hidden blade. But from tie to time I'd like them to break the mold and show us unconventional outfits. I mean that's the point of assassins, right? To blend in. How would we blend in if we have assassin insignias painted and symbols all over our outfits? :p I think Edward's outfit is a good balance between an outfit that actually helps you hide but is also cool looking, with hoods and all. I think his outfit also doesnt have an overabundance of assassin symbols, no? I hate those -_- No wonder Templars were able to hunt them out haha.

Sushiglutton
10-06-2013, 11:28 AM
The hood and the hidden blade. But from tie to time I'd like them to break the mold and show us unconventional outfits. I mean that's the point of assassins, right? To blend in. How would we blend in if we have assassin insignias painted and symbols all over our outfits? :p I think Edward's outfit is a good balance between an outfit that actually helps you hide but is also cool looking, with hoods and all. I think his outfit also doesnt have an overabundance of assassin symbols, no? I hate those -_- No wonder Templars were able to hunt them out haha.

Yeah and a golden mask to cover your face isn't really enough :D

ArabianFrost
10-06-2013, 11:34 AM
Red sashes are things all assassins have in common. Even Mills on the boat with Haytham could have been noticed by his red assassin sash.

To be honest, I'd give away believability for the return of the white/red robes. These colours go together beautifully. The early concepts of Connor with white/red robes looked badass, especially the early alpha one that had a bit of Native American influence.

Spider_Sith9
10-06-2013, 12:45 PM
Remember Altair? Pretty much that.

ze_topazio
10-06-2013, 12:46 PM
Noise hair.

pacmanate
10-06-2013, 02:00 PM
I think they made Connors robes blue just to fit in line with the Patriots thing they were going for/Marketing it in the US as.

However;

Hood
Red scarf thing round the hips
White robes of sorts

Thats all. Beaked hood doesn't matter, it doesnt change the purpose of the hood (Which tbh is pointless, everyone sees his face anyway). The red scarf thing is a symbol imo, and the white robes are just classic.

Shahkulu101
10-06-2013, 02:08 PM
Totally conspicuous armor, heavy and steel plated. No hidden blade, but a spear as our signature and only weapon.

roostersrule2
10-06-2013, 02:10 PM
Cuts to the mouth and beaked hoods

ze_topazio
10-06-2013, 02:13 PM
The hood is a symbol too, it's a important part of the Assassin uniform, when a Templar sees that getup he/she knows death is coming.

AssassinHMS
10-06-2013, 02:18 PM
Hood, white/grey robes, hidden blade (only one in the left arm otherwise it becomes too mainstream)... pretty much what everyone already said.

The real question is: How would you like us to mess up those awesome robes? Perhaps some ugly roman spaulders, a blowpipe, a bow and a quiver or some other armor/weapons that we force you to use?

Shahkulu101
10-06-2013, 02:24 PM
He doesn't have to look like anything because an Assassin is a ****ing human - aesthetics are the bloody least important thing. They should have a hidden blade, that's it.

And the blowpipe and bow are usefull tools that fit with the Assassin's stealth philosophy.

pacmanate
10-06-2013, 02:24 PM
Hood, white/grey robes, hidden blade (only one in the left arm otherwise it becomes too mainstream)... pretty much what everyone already said.

The real question is: How would you like us to mess up those awesome robes? Perhaps some ugly roman spaulders, a blowpipe, a bow and a quiver or some other armor/weapons that we force you to use?

I hope they let us unequip items. I hated having the crossbow on Ezio all the time.

AssassinHMS
10-06-2013, 02:32 PM
I hope they let us unequip items. I hated having the crossbow on Ezio all the time.

Maybe you already know but you can remove the crossbow with a glitch. I for one always wanted to remove the bow and the quiver from Connor's back.
But yeah, it's about bloody time they let us choose the equipment we want to carry (maybe even add a weight limit to make things more interesting).

AssassinHMS
10-06-2013, 02:42 PM
He doesn't have to look like anything because an Assassin is a ****ing human - aesthetics are the bloody least important thing. They should have a hidden blade, that's it.

I agree that what makes one an assassin are his actions (hidden blade) and not the clothes he wears but they contribute a lot to the beauty and mistery around the creed and I personaly think it would be a waste to get rid of them simply for realism.

And the blowpipe and bow are usefull tools that fit with the Assassin's stealth philosophy.

Kind of. You see it's preposterous to think Connor could blend in a crowd with a bow and a quiver.
Anyway the player should be free to choose his equipment according to his playstyle and the game should never force armor or weapons on the player. I would go as far as to say that even the hidden blade should unequipable.

Farlander1991
10-06-2013, 02:45 PM
Yeah and a golden mask to cover your face isn't really enough :D

Especially when you're the only one wearing said golden mask on the party :p

Shahkulu101
10-06-2013, 02:49 PM
I agree that what makes one an assassin are his actions (hidden blade) and not the clothes he wears but they contribute a lot to the beauty and mistery around the creed and I personaly think it would be a waste to get rid of them simply for realism.

Kind of. You see it's preposterous to think Connor could blend in a crowd with a bow and a quiver.
Anyway the player should be free to choose his equipment according to his playstyle and the game should never force armor or weapons on the player. I would go as far as to say that even the hidden blade should unequipable.

I'm not saying get rid of them - just stating that they aren't important at all to me - perhaps a bit harshly as I do like the look of an Assassin's robe.

And Connor fitting in with a bow on his back is only slightly more preposterous than Altair blending in with monks despite being armed with swords and a throwing knife.

silvermercy
10-06-2013, 02:51 PM

This pretty much.

For me hood and hidden blades are enough I guess...

The most important thing in assassin clothing is that he needs to blend as realistically as possible with the corresponding era's population.
Otherwise there's no point. lol

Shahkulu101
10-06-2013, 03:03 PM
I like Edward's robes - especially with his hood down. He fits in perfectly.

AssassinHMS
10-06-2013, 03:04 PM
I'm not saying get rid of them - just stating that they aren't important at all to me - perhaps a bit harshly as I do like the look of an Assassin's robe.

Sorry then. I misunderstood...

And Connor fitting in with a bow on his back is only slightly more preposterous than Altair blending in with monks despite being armed with swords and a throwing knife.

Sure, or Ezio with a crossbow. I think in every AC game there are always too many (unecessary) weapons.
I'd like to be able to choose just one hidden blade and 5 throwing knives and stealth my way through the entire game.

By the way, they (Ubisoft) could add in tailors capes that could hide a crossbow (like in ACR), long sleeves that would cover vambraces (like prowler in ACB), a cane that could conceal a sword and boots where you could place a knife. Without these items, guards would become agressive at the slightest provocation and would blame the assassin for any riot or conflict in the city. With all the weapons concealed, guards would only react if the assassin harassed or killed someone in front of them.

Shahkulu101
10-06-2013, 03:11 PM
Sorry then. I misunderstood...

Sure, or Ezio with a crossbow. I think in every AC game there are always too many (unecessary) weapons.
I'd like to be able to choose just one hidden blade and 5 throwing knives and stealth my way through the entire game.

By the way, they (Ubisoft) could add in tailors capes that could hide a crossbow (like in ACR), long sleeves that would cover vambraces (like prowler in ACB), a cane that could conceal a sword and boots where you could place a knife. Without these items, guards would become agressive at the slightest provocation and would blame the assassin for any riot or conflict in the city. With all the weapons concealed, guards would only react if the assassin harassed or killed someone in front of them.

I liked old man Ezio in those robes - I even equipped Old Altair's robes onto Ezio to create an illusion of the very thing you just stated. :p

silvermercy
10-06-2013, 03:14 PM
I like Edward's robes - especially with his hood down. He fits in perfectly.
Yeah, I think after Altair, this is the 2nd most era-specific outfit.

(one thing I'm not sure though, did pirates usually wear so much clothing in the Caribbean heat? From pictures I've seen they wear light shirts? Even though I have seen them with coats, too...)

Like this:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_bR6jwDPKQGU/SwQ8hEejfMI/AAAAAAAAATo/t2A9QQPvHQE/s400/Pirate+Clothing.jpg

http://bbprivateer.ca/site_image/cptnblood.jpg

AssassinHMS
10-06-2013, 03:16 PM
I liked old man Ezio in those robes - I even equipped Old Altair's robes onto Ezio to create an illusion of the very thing you just stated. :p

I did the same thing too. What's weird is that Old Altair's robes were the only outfit that I liked in ACR other than Yusuf's assassin robes (but those were unobtainable).

pacmanate
10-06-2013, 03:16 PM
Why no love for the red thing :(

http://cdn.segmentnext.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Prince-of-Persia.jpg

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130502201910/assassinscreed/images/9/93/ACR_Altair_Render2.png

pacmanate
10-06-2013, 03:18 PM
Actually has anyone noticed something wrong with that Altair render? Click to reveal answer!

his hidden blade is coming out the wrong finger :O

silvermercy
10-06-2013, 03:24 PM
Why no love for the red thing :(
Red is always great, of course!! Red also seems to symbolize blood. Quite appropriate.

(now I wonder how they kept them in such pristine condition and the red didn't wash out after their laundry. lol Walking in pink would be slightly embarrassing... :p )

pacmanate
10-06-2013, 03:25 PM
Red is always great, of course!! Red also seems to symbolize blood. Quite appropriate.

(now I wonder how they kept them in such pristine condition and the red didn't wash out after their laundry. lol Walking in pink would be slightly embarrassing... :p )

They had special autowash clothes in those days cause in the game you see it disappear after a while

roostersrule2
10-06-2013, 03:27 PM
They had special autowash clothes in those days cause in the game you see it disappear after a whileAl Mualim did the washing for them.

silvermercy
10-06-2013, 03:28 PM
They had special autowash clothes in those days cause in the game you see it disappear after a while
oh yes! Amazing thing that auto-wash!

SixKeys
10-06-2013, 03:37 PM
I only care about the hidden blade. Everything else is negotiable. Aveline's design was the freshest the series had seen in ages, I was disappointed by the generic design they chose for Edward after Aveline. At least we should have plenty of costumes to wear in the game.

The red sash is better than the hood, IMO. More inconspicuous and easily adaptable to any time period (even Desmond had a red belt). A guy in a hood will always stand out which defeats the entire purpose of social stealth.

Shahkulu101
10-06-2013, 03:39 PM
Al Mualim did the washing for them.

If anything, he would use the apple to turn their robes pink on purpose.

SixKeys
10-06-2013, 03:41 PM
If anything, he would use the apple to turn their robes pink on purpose.

No no, he would turn their robes pink and then use the Apple to make them think they were actually white.

adventurewomen
10-06-2013, 03:43 PM
I'll just say Connor's Assassin Robes they are my favorite. Ezio's Brotherhood robes were nice.

The visual characteristics for an Assassin to be an Assassin in my perspective:

Hidden Blade/s
Hood (Normally I would say a beaked hood, because the beaked hood represents the Eagles) However for AC4 Edward just has a simple hood.
Holsters
Tomahawk or Sword
Red sash belt
Assassin Belt Logo
White Robes or Off-White robes
Long Robe Jacket
Boots
Armour (Depending on the Era)

roostersrule2
No no, he would turn their robes pink and then use the Apple to make them think they were actually white.Maybe that's what happened? We could have been deceived as well?

pacmanate
I only care about the hidden blade. Everything else is negotiable. Aveline's design was the freshest the series had seen in ages, I was disappointed by the generic design they chose for Edward after Aveline. At least we should have plenty of costumes to wear in the game.

The red sash is better than the hood, IMO. More inconspicuous and easily adaptable to any time period (even Desmond had a red belt). A guy in a hood will always stand out which defeats the entire purpose of social stealth.

I dont understand the hood anymore. Altair's made sense, he was the most mysterious. Ezio just announces he is the last auditore and Connor screws up at Sequence 6 and the Templars already know he is an Assassin. George knows who he is too. The hood makes no sense as it conceals nothing.

roostersrule2
10-06-2013, 03:46 PM
I dont understand the hood anymore. Altair's made sense, he was the most mysterious. Ezio just announces he is the last auditore and Connor screws up at Sequence 6 and the Templars already know he is an Assassin. George knows who he is too. The hood makes no sense as it conceals nothing.But it looks cool and I hate breaking traditions.

silvermercy
10-06-2013, 03:46 PM
No no, he would turn their robes pink and then use the Apple to make them think they were actually white.
haha! Genius!
Al Mualim's evil knows no bounds...

SixKeys
10-06-2013, 03:55 PM
I dont understand the hood anymore. Altair's made sense, he was the most mysterious. Ezio just announces he is the last auditore and Connor screws up at Sequence 6 and the Templars already know he is an Assassin. George knows who he is too. The hood makes no sense as it conceals nothing.

Even in the DLC they keep referring to him as "the man with the wolf hood". Granted, a dead animal on your head is even more conspicuous than a regular hood, but they might as well just refer to him all over the coastline as "the man with the hood" considering no-one else in all three locations wears a hood. At least in AC2 you had La Volpe and Rodrigo who wore hoods.

adventurewomen
10-06-2013, 04:01 PM
Why was Ezio's Revelations Robes a Slate Grey by default?

I went and had them dyed Assassin White the first thing I did in Revelations, Assassin White looked so much better than Slate Grey.

Shahkulu101
10-06-2013, 04:03 PM
I liked the grey, I think it was supposed to emphasize how worn out Ezio was by that point. I think it also fitted with the color scheme in Constantinople.

deskp
10-06-2013, 04:05 PM
I think A hood is the most important, But as long as you sue enough of the elements of an assassins deisgns you get by without the hood.

These are what i consider the elements of an assassins design to be:
red shash
hidden blade
prominent belt
flappy coat things.
general white outfit
beaked headdress.

I do prefer when theres no visible assasssin symbol or it is cleverly incorporated. The symbols on edwards hidden blades seems super unnessecary.

SixKeys
10-06-2013, 04:08 PM
I liked Ezio's grey robes in ACR. At least they were trying something different. And it fit the atmosphere too, since nobody in Constantinople wore white. I also liked his worn-out cape in Cappadocia, wish we could've used that as a skin elsewhere in the game.

pirate1802
10-06-2013, 04:09 PM
Granted, a dead animal on your head is even more conspicuous than a regular hood

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why was Ezio's Revelations Robes a Slate Grey by default?

I went and had them dyed Assassin White the first thing I did in Revelations, Assassin White looked so much better than Slate Grey.

Think it was white to denote his aging. But either way, I loved it. The Masayaf White looked super weird on him.

And yes I agree with Sixkeys, Aveline is my favourite character design of the series. looks elegent and badass and yet doesn't give you away from miles away.

pacmanate
10-06-2013, 04:09 PM
I liked the grey, I think it was supposed to emphasize how worn out Ezio was by that point. I think it also fitted with the color scheme in Constantinople.

Yeah I agree, also to symbolise age as well.

adventurewomen
10-06-2013, 04:18 PM
I agree, the grey did empathize how old Ezio was getting.

I think A hood is the most important,.
It's great that you noticed this too, I always thought the A emblem reminded me of the Assassin Hood.

I liked Ezio's grey robes in ACR. At least they were trying something different. And it fit the atmosphere too, since nobody in Constantinople wore white. I also liked his worn-out cape in Cappadocia, wish we could've used that as a skin elsewhere in the game.
You're right, I agree.

Think it was white to denote his aging. But either way, I loved it. The Masayaf White looked super weird on him.
The grey did suit Ezio's aging, however I did prefer Masyaf White with the Revelations robes.

Farlander1991
10-06-2013, 04:26 PM
Connor screws up at Sequence 6 and the Templars already know he is an Assassin. George knows who he is too.

Actually the Templars don't know that Connor's an Assassin until Sequence 8.
And I thought Connor never got around telling George about the whole Assassin/Templar thing?

SixKeys
10-06-2013, 04:26 PM
Let's recap:

http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/alviano_acii_render_8174.png

Assassin, no hood

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110623093341/assassinscreed/nl/images/9/97/Nicolo_Machiavelli.png

Assassin, no hood

http://statici.behindthevoiceactors.com/behindthevoiceactors/_img/chars/char_60737.jpg

Assassin, semi-hood

http://statici.behindthevoiceactors.com/behindthevoiceactors/_img/chars/char_60722.jpg

Assassin, no hood

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120917162007/assassinscreed/images/a/ac/TeodoraContantoDatabaseRender.png

Assassin, semi-hood

http://orcz.com/images/thumb/9/9e/Achillesac3.jpg/400px-Achillesac3.jpg

Assassin, no hood

http://31.media.tumblr.com/dd8b678a96b69dd24b6a5ee01f36da93/tumblr_mpq18he5qY1rk08zlo1_500.png

Assassin, no hood

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121015232059/assassinscreed/images/3/31/Sanctuary_v.png

All assassins, only 2 people wore hoods (including Alta´r)

adventurewomen
10-06-2013, 04:30 PM
^ Achilles did have a hood on his original Assassin robes.

pacmanate
10-06-2013, 04:32 PM
What about Nikolai and Connor? They wore hoods?

roostersrule2
10-06-2013, 04:32 PM
Desmond wore a hood.

He is the pinnacle of assassins, hoods win.

Actually now that I think it, Desmond actually was the pinnacle of the assassins, no wonder the Templars always win.

SixKeys
10-06-2013, 04:33 PM
^ Achilles did have a hood on his original Assassin robes.

Yes, and he technically stopped being an assassin for a while, but when he began to train Connor, he became the assassin mentor. I thought the beak on his hat was a nice touch, not too overt.

ladyleonhart
The visual characteristics that make an Assassin in my opinion are as follows:

Hood - Even though the hood does look conspicuous, apart from in ACI, it is symbolic, and also one of the first things that comes to mind when I think of AC.

Hidden blade - Perhaps, this is the most important. It is a trademark of the Assassins and they signify stealth, in terms of being retractable, silent, deadly weapons. Also, the first hidden blades were said to be used in the 5th Century BC. Then, I hope they will continue being part of the series through to the end.

Red waist sash / belt - So far every protagonist has one, and therefore, for me, it is also a defining visual characteristic.

Farlander1991
Doesn't Yusuf have a pulled back hood in his model? (meaning that his garments have one)

SixKeys
10-06-2013, 04:34 PM
What about Nikolai and Connor? They wore hoods?

My point is that the hood does not make the assassin. The assassin chooses whether or not to wear the traditional robes.

Jexx21
10-06-2013, 04:37 PM
White Robes
Hood and/or Beak
Hidden Blade

Also, maybe it's just me, but I'm gonna assume that all Assassins who wore hoods, only wore them when they were doing Assassin business and put them down when they weren't. AC4 is just the first game where this is shown.

lothario-da-be
10-06-2013, 04:41 PM
An Assassin must have a hidden blade and that red belly thing. Even Desmonds belt was red! And I prefer the assassin to have a hood but its not neccesary.

Jexx21
10-06-2013, 04:42 PM
red sash isn't needed, Yusuf and the rest of the Ottoman Assassins didn't have it.

ladyleonhart
10-06-2013, 04:44 PM
Also, maybe it's just me, but I'm gonna assume that all Assassins who wore hoods, only wore them when they were doing Assassin business and put them down when they weren't. AC4 is just the first game where this is shown.

I agree with this part. It would make sense. Whilst the hood doesn't hide their faces completely, the hood would make it more difficult to identify the person wearing it, especially if they were fleeing from the scene after assassinating someone.

lothario-da-be
10-06-2013, 04:44 PM
red sash isn't needed, Yusuf and the rest of the Ottoman Assassins didn't have it.
Every other assassin has it. Altair,Ezio,Connor,Edward,Nikolai,Desmond,Aquilus, Aveline.

deskp
10-06-2013, 04:46 PM
Um, I think the playabe asassins should follow the deisgn, side characters can be kindof wahtever cause of variety. The worst thing was when all the 'recruits' wore the exact same as Ezio in brootherhood.

Achilles was a good deisgn, he ahd the beak, and he wore white and red.

Jexx21
10-06-2013, 04:48 PM
Every other assassin has it. Altair,Ezio,Connor,Edward,Nikolai,Desmond,Aquilus, Aveline.

Avenline's is techincally two colors: orange and red.

the Ottoman Assassin's had an orange sash.

What about an orange or red sash? Or whatever warm color that tickles your fancy.

But you're forgetting that list of Assassins up top (who were more undercover Assassins than active ones though, operating their factions of Thieves, Mercenaries, or Courtesans, and Machiavelli was a politician. Except Yusuf, who did have a hood on his robes by the way.)

SixKeys
I take the cut scenes as indicator of the assassin's relationship with the hood. In my headcanon, Alta´r always keeps his on, no matter the situation. Ezio only takes the hood off when he's among friends, same for Connor. Judging by what we've seen so far, Edward seems to only put the hood on when he's getting down to business.

Shahkulu101
Give me a hidden blade and a brooding beard in his/her later life and I will be satisfied.

SixKeys
10-06-2013, 04:50 PM
Give me a hidden blade and a brooding beard in his/her later life and I will be satisfied.

Didn't know you had a thing for bearded ladies.

Shahkulu101
10-06-2013, 04:55 PM
Didn't know you had a thing for bearded ladies.

I was trying to be politically correct.

It has landed me in an embarrassing blunder.

lothario-da-be
10-06-2013, 04:57 PM
Avenline's is techincally two colors: orange and red.

the Ottoman Assassin's had an orange sash.

What about an orange or red sash? Or whatever warm color that tickles your fancy.

But you're forgetting that list of Assassins up top (who were more undercover Assassins than active ones though, operating their factions of Thieves, Mercenaries, or Courtesans, and Machiavelli was a politician. Except Yusuf, who did have a hood on his robes by the way.)
I actualy ment playable assassins , sorry my mistake.

silvermercy
10-06-2013, 04:59 PM
Maybe only the important ones (with their own games) have their own red sash. lol

Also... just for you shahkulu: :p

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS40lgGMSd-F0YYWOwsaEUfxY9vVsydHhFsOewPqC1nCojZDXPadA

(but she's still young I'm afraid...)

Shahkulu101
10-06-2013, 05:01 PM
Maybe only the important ones (with their own games) have their own red sash. lol

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS40lgGMSd-F0YYWOwsaEUfxY9vVsydHhFsOewPqC1nCojZDXPadA

Now that's a REAL woman.

pacmanate
10-06-2013, 07:40 PM

Thats so hotttt

Rugterwyper32
10-06-2013, 08:01 PM
Hidden blade and red sash/belt. Make it a scarf for all I care, I wouldn't mind seeing a female assassin that looks like Mikasa from Attack on Titan.
With those two details, that's basically enough for me. Aveline had the neatest character design in a while, and I'd like seeing more assassins who don't look like normal assassins. Heck, when I was first playing AC3 and I saw Haytham before learning the truth, I thought for a moment "wow, assassins finally learned that those robes don't look exactly discreet"

poptartz20
10-06-2013, 09:58 PM
Hidden blade and red sash/belt. Make it a scarf for all I care, I wouldn't mind seeing a female assassin that looks like Mikasa from Attack on Titan.
With those two details, that's basically enough for me. Aveline had the neatest character design in a while, and I'd like seeing more assassins who don't look like normal assassins. Heck, when I was first playing AC3 and I saw Haytham before learning the truth, I thought for a moment "wow, assassins finally learned that those robes don't look exactly discreet"

Haha Yes Mikasa would make a BA assassin. Just tell her Eren is constantly in trouble and boom!

Also I've thought the same think about assassin robes now being that discreet. The one that truly gets away with is is Altair because of his time period. Ezio pushes it a little bit. Connor granted I loved his robes sometimes stuck out like a sore thumb. It's like they make the robes compliment the times as well... so it's eh.

Haytham if he was an assassin would of had great assassin robes as he was. He fit in. Couldn't tell the difference from other colonist.

Now back to answering the question for me. What visually makes the assassin is the hidden blade and the mystery and depth of the character. I've always liked the hoods as well (I don't care if it's beaked or not) Even thought an assassin doesn't have to have it, it's just a cool accessory and some red garment or sash.

Spider_Sith9
10-06-2013, 10:14 PM

Is that the persona in your pic? So cute~ XP

Kaschra
10-06-2013, 10:18 PM

No, this is Mikasa
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130327112035/shingekinokyojin/images/9/97/Misaka-Chara_Design.png

Ha, now I want to see a crossover with Mikasa as an assassin :D

poptartz20
10-06-2013, 10:32 PM

The person in the pic is Hanji! :D

ze_topazio
10-06-2013, 11:21 PM
pic related

http://oi42.tinypic.com/v33ddv.jpg

Rugterwyper32
10-06-2013, 11:37 PM
Tell Mikasa that Eren's in danger, was she an assassin I bet you no amount of resources would save them.

Yep. Big fan of Hanji here.

pic related

I'd bleed money to see that become a thing

Jexx21
10-06-2013, 11:40 PM
Haha Yes Mikasa would make a BA assassin. Just tell her Eren is constantly in trouble and boom!

Also I've thought the same think about assassin robes now being that discreet. The one that truly gets away with is is Altair because of his time period. Ezio pushes it a little bit. Connor granted I loved his robes sometimes stuck out like a sore thumb. It's like they make the robes compliment the times as well... so it's eh.

Haytham if he was an assassin would of had great assassin robes as he was. He fit in. Couldn't tell the difference from other colonist.

Now back to answering the question for me. What visually makes the assassin is the hidden blade and the mystery and depth of the character. I've always liked the hoods as well (I don't care if it's beaked or not) Even thought an assassin doesn't have to have it, it's just a cool accessory and some red garment or sash.

Connor's robes are actually similar to what a certain type of hunters wore, they also happen to usually be half-natives. They even had a hood.

Gi1t
10-07-2013, 12:37 AM
Red sashes are things all assassins have in common. Even Mills on the boat with Haytham could have been noticed by his red assassin sash.

To be honest, I'd give away believability for the return of the white/red robes. These colours go together beautifully. The early concepts of Connor with white/red robes looked badass, especially the early alpha one that had a bit of Native American influence.

Actually, I'd have to say that the red sash thing is a common characteristic among action game characters, especially sicne Prince of Persia Warrior Within. So I don't think of it as an exclusively Assassin trait, but I don't mind it either. I wouldn't mind not having one.

As for the rest, I'd say it's most aaproriate to have a different costume in a game where you have a character that's intentionally different from other Assassins. (Though it's best not to make it too obvious like having him wear black while everyone else is wearing white. That'd be lacking in subtlety a bit. XD)

Spider_Sith9
10-07-2013, 01:21 AM
No, this is Mikasa
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130327112035/shingekinokyojin/images/9/97/Misaka-Chara_Design.png

Ha, now I want to see a crossover with Mikasa as an assassin :D

Thanks a mil... though I wonder where you came from all of a sudden. O_o

Thanks! :D

pic related

Why Ezio and Florence? Don't tell me it's because fanboys/fangirls. >_>

Anyhoo, I always thought the cities from Taits looks just like Florence.

pacmanate
10-07-2013, 01:35 AM
Thanks a mil... though I wonder where you came from all of a sudden. O_o

Thanks! :D

Anyhoo, I always thought the cities from Taits looks just like Florence.

There's nothing wrong with liking Ezio or Florence...

roostersrule2
10-07-2013, 01:39 AM
There's nothing wrong with liking Ezio or Florence...I thought it was against forum protocol?

pacmanate
10-07-2013, 01:58 AM
I thought it was against forum protocol?

No, that's Connor.

Spider_Sith9
10-07-2013, 03:19 AM
I don't like where this is going....

Anyhoo... it's just unsuprisingly suspicious that most of this is Ezio art. I would like to see more of other characters. I'm saying it looks like a bias is all. Don't start the Connor nonsense. I've seen too much here and I'm trying to be more optimistic these days about AC.

Stealth Gamer92
10-07-2013, 03:34 AM
The hood that implies anonimity.

I've only played AC2 and a PSP that had Altair in it but I liked how they visibly had theIr weapons on theIr person. But the Ezio outfit was awesome but I am more partial to the renisance look.

Spider_Sith9
10-07-2013, 03:38 AM
The hood that implies anonimity.

I've only played AC2 and a PSP that had Altair in it but I liked how they visibly had theIr weapons on theIr person. But the Ezio outfit was awesome but I am more partial to the renisance look.

Sucks. The suit I want isn't even in any of the games. I think fans make the best outfits

Stealth Gamer92
10-07-2013, 03:41 AM
Sucks.

Just my opinion, and to be specific I meant the Altairs Armor outfit.

Spider_Sith9
10-07-2013, 03:49 AM
Just my opinion, and to be specific I meant the Altairs Armor outfit.

I wasn't referring to your opinion. Maybe I should've structured my sentence better. :)

Stealth Gamer92
10-07-2013, 03:53 AM
I wasn't referring to your opinion. Maybe I should've structured my sentence better. :)

Naw, I just hit quote by accident then didn't delete all the text. My computer is just outsmarting me again. :p

Spider_Sith9
10-07-2013, 03:58 AM
Naw, I just hit quote by accident then didn't delete all the text. My computer is just outsmarting me again. :p

Oh, very well then. :p

Anyhoo, what I have in mind...

http://th00.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2011/003/2/8/modern_day_assassin_concept_by_springs-d36cg0o.jpg

:D

Stealth Gamer92
10-07-2013, 04:02 AM

http://th00.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2011/003/2/8/modern_day_assassin_concept_by_springs-d36cg0o.jpg

Cool. I like the gun, and are those wolverine claws? Never mind saw it was a hidden blade when I zoomed.

Jexx21
10-07-2013, 05:53 AM

This is Kingdom Hearts Ezio with a gun and without huge feet.

pirate1802
10-07-2013, 05:59 AM
Take away the wolverine blade and that actually looks good. I like the rustic feel with the bandages and all.

Spider_Sith9
10-07-2013, 07:39 AM
Take away the wolverine blade and that actually looks good. I like the rustic feel with the bandages and all.

That's actually not a claw.

pirate1802
10-07-2013, 08:08 AM
That's actually not a claw.

Oh wait, its a hanging piece of cloth isn't it? Well whatever it ism I don't like it. And it seems like he has a not-so-hidden blade on that hand. Not a big fan of that on modern day assassins. Even the mentor says that it is largely for ceremonial purposes only. Something both the fans and devs tend to forget. :D

Bastiaen
10-07-2013, 02:10 PM
Hood
Hidden Blades
Long coat/robes

Hans684
10-07-2013, 03:24 PM
Hidden Blades and clothes that fit the time period & location.

ze_topazio
10-07-2013, 04:10 PM

Because he's za best.

Bastiaen
10-07-2013, 04:19 PM

I remember back when AC2's E3 demo came out, and when Ezio was going after Carlo, he fought some guards. Ezio didn't have any weapons except his hidden blades, and his fists. At that point, I was really hoping for a minimalist Assassin who improvised using the resources around him rather than carrying a lot of things.... But we got the opposite... And then when Brotherhood told us we would be able to get a heavy weapons sheath, I really wanted to carry around a spear everywhere.... Them Counters!

Bastiaen
10-07-2013, 04:34 PM
Yeah, I think after Altair, this is the 2nd most era-specific outfit.

(one thing I'm not sure though, did pirates usually wear so much clothing in the Caribbean heat? From pictures I've seen they wear light shirts? Even though I have seen them with coats, too...)

Like this:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_bR6jwDPKQGU/SwQ8hEejfMI/AAAAAAAAATo/t2A9QQPvHQE/s400/Pirate+Clothing.jpg

http://bbprivateer.ca/site_image/cptnblood.jpg

Gotta have lots of clothes to protect yourself from that blistering Caribbean sun.

AssassinHMS
10-07-2013, 05:10 PM
I remember back when AC2's E3 demo came out, and when Ezio was going after Carlo, he fought some guards. Ezio didn't have any weapons except his hidden blades, and his fists. At that point, I was really hoping for a minimalist Assassin who improvised using the resources around him rather than carrying a lot of things.... But we got the opposite... And then when Brotherhood told us we would be able to get a heavy weapons sheath, I really wanted to carry around a spear everywhere.... Them Counters!

An assassin who improvised using resources would be cool. Unfortunately, assassins according to Ubisoft, carry all kinds of gear: heavy armor, swords, crossbows, bows... Now why would they do that is a mistery to me or how they could blend with all that stuff. It also amazes me how they were able to climb and sprint.
It's as if Ubisoft thinks assassins are soldiers that need to fight all the time because they don't know what stealth is...