PDA

View Full Version : Can Assassin’s Creed® IV Black Flag™ have demo version?

AstralSoul92
10-05-2013, 03:54 AM
So ACIV on Steam today. I'm really want to pre-purchase this game even gold edition but when i look at the System Requirements, i have the feeling that my PC can't handled it...

Minimum:
OS: Windows Vista SP or Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8 (both 32/64bit versions)
Processor: Intel Core2Quad Q8400 @ 2.6 GHz or AMD Athlon II X4 620 @ 2.6 GHz
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia Geforce GTX 260 or AMD Radeon HD 4870 (512MB VRAM with shader Model 4.0 or higher)
Hard Drive: 30 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX Compatible Sound Card with latest drivers
Additional Notes: Windows-Compatible keyboard and mouse required, optional controller

And I have C2D E7400 with GTS 250 512MB, my pc can run ACIII pretty good with all setting: normal on res: 1280x1024. So I think maybe we can have a demo version for ACIV, i mean just to make sure i won't wasted my money on the game that my pc can't run... :confused:

slikar60
10-05-2013, 04:14 AM
I think u will run even better if its not a ****ty 360 port again.

AstralSoul92
10-05-2013, 04:18 AM
I think u will run even better if its not a ****ty 360 port again.

I may want to run the game even on 1024x768 or 800x600 but with poor optimization like ACIII and Revelation, I still don't think i'll have a chance... :(

AherasSTRG
10-05-2013, 06:58 AM
I may want to run the game even on 1024x768 or 800x600 but with poor optimization like ACIII and Revelation, I still don't think i'll have a chance... :(
The game was developed with the PC as the lead platform. Nvidia and Ubisoft have made a deal, so that the game is optimized for Nvidia cards. The chance of a demo being introduced is minimal. I would suggest that you either wait for the benchmarks or when the game comes out, load it on your computer, have a friend come by, tell him to log in with his Uplay credentials and see if you are satisfied with the performance you get.

AstralSoul92
10-07-2013, 03:00 AM
The game was developed with the PC as the lead platform. Nvidia and Ubisoft have made a deal, so that the game is optimized for Nvidia cards. The chance of a demo being introduced is minimal. I would suggest that you either wait for the benchmarks or when the game comes out, load it on your computer, have a friend come by, tell him to log in with his Uplay credentials and see if you are satisfied with the performance you get.

Thanks for your advice, but nvm... I already pre-purchase the Gold Editon on Steam. I believe that if I can run ACIII, i'll be able to run ACIV. :)

D.I.D.
10-07-2013, 06:01 AM

Poor optimisation? The 200 series is five years old, and yours was a low end card even in its day. The fact that ACIII, a massive and detailed open world game, ran well on it is pretty miraculous!

You can't have a demo of AC because even if they gave you a closed area, the download size would too large to make it worthwhile.