PDA

View Full Version : GTA gets away with what people complain about AC?

Wolfmeister1010
10-03-2013, 03:32 AM
Excuse the fact that I am posting another thread in quick succesion. This is a very important subject to me.

I love gta. I love gta 5. But I can not help but notice that there are some things that GTA 5 did that people really hated when seen in the exact same form in AC3, and nobody is giving a ****! It makes me feel like gta will always be overrated and always getting 10s, just because...well, just because its GTA.

1. Unfog map: GTA did the SAME EXACT THING as AC3 where they force you to run around aimlessly just to unfog bits and pieces of the map. It takes HOURS for the full map to be explored. And about half of the places you need to unfog in GTA5 are places that you never get taken to in the campaign or anything, so you really need to go out of your way. GTA even made it worse, in a sense, because of the lack of viewpoints that unfogged greater parts of the map in AC3. So, literally the ONLY way to unfog the map is to run around, which is fine in the streets, but annoying as **** when you need to fly a little chopper around in circles above the roadless mountains and coastlines. While the complaints for this feature in AC3 are abundant, I have yet to see ONE mention of this issue in GTA5 forums or reviews.

2. Extremely specific mission contstraints: OHHHH where have we seen this before? GTA makes the same mistake as AC3 by putting in extremely specific and annoying constraints to achieve "gold" rating in the missions. Some of them are complete ********, like "switch between characters 10 times", " kill beverly and his crew in one shot", "finish with an accuracy raring of at least 77", "do not make a scratch or dent in your car" (for realz) "knockout the parkinglot inspector" "do not unhinge the truck", "only use a pistol" and many, MANY more. And again, to add insult to injury, you CANT SEE THE CONSTRAINTS UNTIL AFTER YOU COMPLETE THE MISSION. So basically, you could have spent 30 minutes trying to complete a mission, only to find out at the end that you got a bronze rating of 50 because you didn't get a certain number of headshots. This is even worse than in AC3. This was one of the biggest complaints about AC3, but once again, this little issue does not receive ANY attention in GTA5.

3. NUMEROUS GLITCHES, such as the game making a car I spent 750,000 dollars on (and another 100,000 for customizations) just disappear. And no one gives a ****. Sure you could say that they havent put out the first patch yet so its not a big deal, but remember that people were ripping on AC3's glitches since day 1. And when you look back, were any of AC3's glitches actually "game breaking?" I remember some that were inconvenient, but none that made me rage in frustration as many people on the web like to scream

I'm not saying that the game is bad. It is a great game. But it is getting away with a lot of stuff that AC3 got DESTROYED for. Some of these things could seem small in the grand scope of the game, but they are in the exact same context as in AC3. GTA seems to be able to make any number of mistakes without consequence, just because of the title.

roostersrule2
10-03-2013, 03:38 AM
1. The unfogging map system in GTA V is a lot better, for one the mini map isn't fogged up, another is that if you go somewhere that's unfogged it's not only where you walk that gets unfogged but about an 100m radius around you does.

2. The mission constraints are shown after the mission so you're not compelled to do something you're not and a big red 50% doesn't come up, it's the perfect system IMO.

3. I never get bugs, in any game, not in AC3, GTA V or even Skyrim. I can't really comment except that big games have lots of bugs.

Megas_Doux
10-03-2013, 03:42 AM
I have a theory based on two things:

1 The annualization tires both "casual" and even hardcore fans. Making them grumpier, and more "aware".
2 Many cry babies that complain just for the sake of it.

Wolfmeister1010
10-03-2013, 03:52 AM
1. The unfogging map system in GTA V is a lot better, for one the mini map isn't fogged up, another is that if you go somewhere that's unfogged it's not only where you walk that gets unfogged but about an 100m radius around you does.

2. The mission constraints are shown after the mission so you're not compelled to do something you're not and a big red 50% doesn't come up, it's the perfect system IMO.

3. I never get bugs, in any game, not in AC3, GTA V or even Skyrim. I can't really comment except that big games have lots of bugs.

The same happens for AC3 at a smaller scale, but the range increases as you get higher. Also, take into account the size of the gta map vs the size of the AC3 maps, and subtract all the space that gets cleared by viewpoints. Roughly the same amount of time is spent running around unclearing the map. At least it was for me.

Wolfmeister1010
10-03-2013, 03:52 AM

1 The annualization tires both "casual" and even hardcore fans. Making them grumpier, and more "aware".

Agreed with both things. I can see the logic behind it, but not the fairness

roostersrule2
10-03-2013, 03:56 AM
The same happens for AC3 at a smaller scale, but the range increases as you get higher. Also, take into account the size of the gta map vs the size of the AC3 maps, and subtract all the space that gets cleared by viewpoints. Roughly the same amount of time is spent running around unclearing the map. At least it was for me.But you drive around, you can also fly over and it will do it. I also wanted to explore GTA V's map, AC3's I did not.

Frank9182011
10-03-2013, 04:00 AM

Sad but true.

I also very much agree with OP.

People jump all over AC for "clunky" controls and melee combat, shallow checklist content, 100% sync requirements, etc., when GTA, and most recently GTA5, does absolutely all of these things much, much worse.

Jexx21
10-03-2013, 04:04 AM
But you drive around, you can also fly over and it will do it. I also wanted to explore GTA V's map, AC3's I did not.

Eh? so? Not gonna be interested in everything.

Different tastes and all.

Wolfmeister1010
10-03-2013, 04:07 AM
But you drive around, you can also fly over and it will do it. I also wanted to explore GTA V's map, AC3's I did not.

We all have our opinions. I personally LOVE treerunning, and HATE flying, so, your opinions could have a huge toll on your experience. This is why ubisoft and rockstar should gave avoided this feature to begin with, because of people's different opinions, and because not everyone wants to just walk around unfogging the map. They both DEFINITELY did not take OCD people into account. If you want to force that feature into a game, you better make sure that the world NEVER gets boring or empty. And, frankly, much of GTA's wilderness map is just rocks and abysmal textures. Nothing special. Nothing worth running around like a headless chicken for.

roostersrule2
10-03-2013, 04:08 AM
Eh? so? Not gonna be interested in everything.

Different tastes and all.Well considering no one complained about the map being boring in GTA V and people did in AC3, I'd think most people shared a similar taste.

Wolfmeister1010
10-03-2013, 04:10 AM
Well considering no one complained about the map being boring in GTA V and people did in AC3, I'd think most people shared a similar taste.

This is exactly the thing I am talking about. Nobody complains about these things because it is GTA 5. I found GTA5's wilderness to be JUST as boring as AC's wilderness. I thought most of GTA's map other than the cities and towns were really boring, filled with bad textures, boring rocks, and animals that have literally no use being there at all other than for aesthetics and if you happen to be trevor.

Shahkulu101
10-03-2013, 04:11 AM
People like to nitpick - 'tis the way of the world. For one reason or another, people respect R* more than Ubisoft; can you imagine if AC had a co-op online free roam mode that didn't work properly at launch? The world would blow up.

thekyle0
10-03-2013, 04:12 AM
Do you recognize that the items you listed as common between GTA and AC are faults? If you do then you shouldn't cry injustice when people criticize AC and not GTA. Criticism helps a franchise improve when its customer base is already so wide and stable that sequels are guaranteed indefinitely, regardless of the game's quality. If GTA'S fans aren't outspoken enough to say what doesn't work, then that's GTA's loss, not AC's. I can only hope you're just worried that GTA won't benefit from negative feedback. If you're upset that AC is being treated unfairly, then that's kind of silly.

roostersrule2
10-03-2013, 04:12 AM
We all have our opinions. I personally LOVE treerunning, and HATE flying, so, your opinions could have a huge toll on your experience. This is why ubisoft and rockstar should gave avoided this feature to begin with, because of people's different opinions, and because not everyone wants to just walk around unfogging the map. They both DEFINITELY did not take OCD people into account. If you want to force that feature into a game, you better make sure that the world NEVER gets boring or empty. And, frankly, much of GTA's wilderness map is just rocks and abysmal textures. Nothing special. Nothing worth running around like a headless chicken for.If you're going to reduce any map down to rocks and bad textures, then there's no point of even exploring, OCD or not you can still to choose to turn the game off, it'll bug you for an hour or two but it goes away, trust me I now.

roostersrule2
10-03-2013, 04:14 AM
This is exactly the thing I am talking about. Nobody complains about these things because it is GTA 5. I found GTA5's wilderness to be JUST as boring as AC's wilderness. I thought most of GTA's map other than the cities and towns were really boring, filled with bad textures, boring rocks, and animals that have literally no use being there at all other than for aesthetics and if you happen to be trevor.

People like to nitpick - 'tis the way of the world. For one reason or another, people respect R* more than Ubisoft; can you imagine if AC had a co-op online free roam mode that didn't work properly at launch? The world would blow up.Tell me they don't complain because it's GTA.

http://gtaforums.com/forum/239-gta-v/ (http://gtaforums.com/forum/239-gta-v/)

http://gtaforums.com/forum/273-gta-online/

Wolfmeister1010
10-03-2013, 04:15 AM
If you're going to reduce any map down to rocks and bad textures, then there's no point of even exploring, OCD or not you can still to choose to turn the game off, it'll bug you for an hour or two but it goes away, trust me I now.

You underestimate OCD. I unlocked and completed EVERYTHING in the map in Just Cause 2. And when i finished, i didnt even want to play the game anymore. I WANT to play AC3, so when I do, its map NEEDS to be cleared.

Trust me, I know. Ive had severe OCD since as early as I can remember

Wolfmeister1010
10-03-2013, 04:17 AM
Do you recognize that the items you listed as common between GTA and AC are faults? If you do then you shouldn't cry injustice when people criticize AC and not GTA. Criticism helps a franchise improve when its customer base is already so wide and stable that sequels are guaranteed indefinitely, regardless of the game's quality. If GTA'S fans aren't outspoken enough to say what doesn't work, then that's GTA's loss, not AC's. I can only hope you're just worried that GTA won't benefit from negative feedback. If you're upset that AC is being treated unfairly, then that's kind of silly.

I really dont understand your post. Yes, I do recognize they are faults. Thats why I made this thread.

roostersrule2
10-03-2013, 04:18 AM
You underestimate OCD. I unlocked and completed EVERYTHING in the map in Just Cause 2. And when i finished, i didnt even want to play the game anymore. I WANT to play AC3, so when I do, its map NEEDS to be cleared.

Trust me, I know. Ive had severe OCD since as early as I can rememberI have OCD, everything I do with my one side of my body I have to with the other, if I touch a wall with my left hand I have to do it with my right, even if I burn myself with my hand I have to burn the other, it's the most annoying thing, but if you turn the game off, watch a movie or something it goes away, it might take an hour but it goes.

thekyle0
10-03-2013, 04:20 AM
AC problems = GTA problems.

You no like

You say GTA fans not complaining.

Assassin's Creed fans complain many much.

Complaints good. Complaints teach developers make better game.

Be happy AC fans complain.

Wolfmeister1010
10-03-2013, 04:21 AM
I have OCD, everything I do with my one side of my body I have to with the other, if I touch a wall with my left hand I have to do it with my right, even if I burn myself with my hand I have to burn the other, it's the most annoying thing, but if you turn the game off, watch a movie or something it goes away, it might take an hour but it goes.

I see your point. And I respect you and your opinions. But dont go there. Dont you tell me how to "fix" my OCD when Ive been trying to do that myself for all my life. Ive tried all of the techniques, including yours, and they have yet to work. You have no idea what could be the right answer for someone. Everyone is different. Please do not go around acting like you know everything about OCD.

I do not mean to sound angry. Just do not go there. You are touching a very sensitive spot for me.

In regards to your arguments about GTA, i really do see your point, and agree with them in a way.

Jexx21
10-03-2013, 04:23 AM
Well considering no one complained about the map being boring in GTA V and people did in AC3, I'd think most people shared a similar taste.

People tend to flock with like-minded people.

Wolfmeister1010
10-03-2013, 04:23 AM
AC problems = GTA problems.

You no like

You say GTA fans not complaining.

Assassin's Creed fans complain many much.

Complaints good. Complaints teach developers make better game.

Be happy AC fans complain.

Dont be a **** about it. I wasnt being sarcastic. I was genuinely confused.

I dont want this thread to blow up. Your attitude is not helping

Shahkulu101
10-03-2013, 04:24 AM
OCD sounds rough man. I used to think I had it but evidently not - I am a bit too compulsive with things though, particularly gaming.

roostersrule2
10-03-2013, 04:32 AM
People tend to flock with like-minded people.Obviously.

Jexx21
10-03-2013, 04:34 AM
Just saying, we don't know the general consensus.

Most people I talk to in real life liked AC3 and had nothing bad to say about it. They may have liked AC2 or ACB or ACR more, but in general they liked AC3.

Wolfmeister1010
10-03-2013, 04:39 AM
Just saying, we don't know the general consensus.

Most people I talk to in real life liked AC3 and had nothing bad to say about it. They may have liked AC2 or ACB or ACR more, but in general they liked AC3.

True

VitaminsXYZ
10-03-2013, 04:50 AM
To add to what OP was saying, people complain a lot about the guards in AC3, but GTAV's police are pretty sensitive as well. I'd get a star just for staring at one. =|

STDlyMcStudpants
10-03-2013, 04:52 AM

The Skyrim map was boring..but reviewers still gave bethesda a...two letters i wont say lmfao

roostersrule2
10-03-2013, 05:01 AM
The Skyrim map was boring..but reviewers still gave bethesda a...two letters i wont say lmfaoI love Skyrim's map, it's the most immersive map I've ever played in.

I-Like-Pie45
10-03-2013, 05:12 AM
To add to what OP was saying, people complain a lot about the guards in AC3, but GTAV's police are pretty sensitive as well. I'd get a star just for staring at one. =|

seems like an average real life policeman

AU7thGear
10-03-2013, 05:33 AM
I actually really like exploring the map to 'un-fog' it. It makes me play the game more and discover more aspects of it. The way GTA does it is perfect IMO. The only problem with AC3's style of doing it was that it seemed to be really buggy at first.

In regards to the objectives. Remember they are optional. You do not have to do them. If you're a completionist like me, then play the game through and go back and re-do them. It's more fun and gives you more game time.

GTA is massively overrated. It comes along once every 5 years so it has to be perfect. People have to love it, because if they don't, they have to wait another 5 years for a good GTA. With AC, people can be more critical because they only have to wait another year. I like GTA V, but it has some pretty serious flaws IMO.

pirate1802
10-03-2013, 08:45 AM
2. The mission constraints are shown after the mission so you're not compelled to do something you're not and a big red 50% doesn't come up, it's the perfect system IMO..

I fail too see how that's a good thing. I'm not scared of a red text showing up on y screen, but even if I was, you know what's worse that failing a fullsync requirement? Failing one where you weren't even told what those requirements were.

roostersrule2
10-03-2013, 08:48 AM
I fail too see how that's a good thing. I'm not scared of a red text showing up on y screen, but even if I was, you know what's worse that failing a fullsync requirement? Failing one where you weren't even told what those requirements were.That's right you do fail lolololool

It's good because it doesn't compel you to do anything.

pirate1802
10-03-2013, 08:50 AM
That's right you do fail lolololool

It's good because it doesn't compel you to do anything.

neither does AC's.

Farlander1991
10-03-2013, 08:51 AM
That's still bad design. If you have optional constraints like that, don't shove them in the faces, but don't hide them either.

roostersrule2
10-03-2013, 08:59 AM
neither does AC's.Yes it does, if there are three ways to do a mission and the mission constraint says to air assassinate you will air assassinate the target instead of going in and fighting him, or taking him out with a poison dart from behind.

That's still bad design. If you have optional constraints like that, don't shove them in the faces, but don't hide them either.It's not hiding them, it's still there for people who want them, a lot of the times you will get most of them anyway and some times all.

Farlander1991
10-03-2013, 09:01 AM
It's not hiding them, it's still there for people who want them, a lot of the times you will get most of them anyway and some times all.

Not having an option to look at them before completing a mission is by definition hiding them :p

Sushiglutton
10-03-2013, 09:09 AM
1) First off this is a very minor thing. Not even top ten of my complaints of AC3. Secondly you have vehicles in GTA which makes a world of difference.

2) Much better handled in GTA. Getting a bronze medal at the end of a mission feels perfectly fine. Geting a red X in the middle kills the lust to complete it. I also find the objectives in GTA to make a lot more sense. If you get headshots, do missions quickly, don't damage cars and so on you will get most of the objectives. Anyway the system in GTA is non-intrusive, which makes a world of difference.

3) People on their website are furious, so not sure what you are talking about. I have a gamebreaking bug myself that I'm hoping will get patched otherwise it's game over for me 30h into the game :(. I have been polite though :).

TheHumanTowel
10-03-2013, 09:20 AM
I fail too see how that's a good thing. I'm not scared of a red text showing up on y screen, but even if I was, you know what's worse that failing a fullsync requirement? Failing one where you weren't even told what those requirements were.
The point is that you're not supposed to try and get gold the first time around. They want you to do it your own way first and then replay later to get the challenges. The entire point of the fullsync/gold system is to increase replay value so showing them at the start of the mission is stupid.

In regard to the other points unfogging the map was a pretty minor complaint for AC3 and it's still much better in GTA considering you have planes and cars and motorbikes to get you around very fast while in AC3 you had to leg it everywhere on foot or on horse. And people have complained about the glitches. A lot. And rightly so.

roostersrule2
10-03-2013, 09:25 AM
Yea, what they said.

pirate1802
10-03-2013, 09:41 AM
Yes it does, if there are three ways to do a mission and the mission constraint says to air assassinate you will air assassinate the target instead of going in and fighting him, or taking him out with a poison dart from behind.

Missing the point. You are not forced to do any of those. Well unless you are OCDish about 100% sync, which unlocks a ****ty costume and nothing else.

roostersrule2
10-03-2013, 09:49 AM
Missing the point. You are not forced to do any of those. Well unless you are OCDish about 100% sync, which unlocks a ****ty costume and nothing else.Indeed you're not but people don't like the big red 50% thing saying they've failed coming up.

AlphaAltair
10-03-2013, 11:31 AM
I honestly think you'd have to be daft to say that the AC series can even hold a candle to the GTA series, therefore these minor quibbles are easily forgiveable.

If Ubisoft were to spend 5 years and have a similar budget to spend as GTA on an AC game then who knows...

We'll never know though as Ubisoft just doesn't respect their fans as much as R*.

dex3108
10-03-2013, 11:45 AM
Fog of War system in GTA is better because one simple thing. In GTA V you really can find interesting things and in AC3 i have ended running around map just to get achievement and there was minimal amount interesting things to see/find.

pirate1802
10-03-2013, 11:59 AM
I honestly think you'd have to be daft to say that the AC series can even hold a candle to the GTA series, therefore these minor quibbles are easily forgiveable.

If Ubisoft were to spend 5 years and have a similar budget to spend as GTA on an AC game then who knows...

We'll never know though as Ubisoft just doesn't respect their fans as much as R*.

lol this guy's posts are hilarious xD

AlphaAltair
10-03-2013, 12:10 PM
lol this guy's posts are hilarious xD

That's funny. I find yours hilarious too!

adventurewomen
10-03-2013, 12:20 PM

I agree wholeheartedly! Everything you mentioned is the true!

I-Like-Pie45
10-03-2013, 03:06 PM
Its hopeless Pirate, to try and argue with Rockdrones. Lke Biodrones, Bethesdrones, Kojidrones, and Gabendrones, they are a complete lost cause.

roostersrule2
10-03-2013, 03:10 PM
Its hopeless Pirate, to try and argue with Rockdrones. Lke Biodrones, Bethesdrones, Kojidrones, and Gabendrones, they are a complete lost cause.You're just angry because you don't have GTA V lololololol

I-Like-Pie45
10-03-2013, 03:15 PM
You resort to the side run and hide tactics of a typical drone-boy.

roostersrule2
10-03-2013, 03:17 PM
You resort to the side run and hide tactics of a typical drone-boy.At least I can be a drone boy, you can't even qualify.

I-Like-Pie45
10-03-2013, 03:21 PM
No, GTAV is definitely overrated compared to the 2013 gaming masterpiece that will be AC4

I mean like, I never played the game but I watched videos of it on Youtube so I can say that it is in comparison to AC4

roostersrule2
10-03-2013, 03:23 PM
No, GTAV is definitely overrated compared to the 2013 gaming masterpiece that will be AC4

I mean like, I never played the game but I watched videos of it on Youtube so I can say that it is in comparison to AC4Come to think of it I agree, **** GTA V.

pacmanate
10-03-2013, 04:13 PM

Basically this, especially the unfog one. I uncovered all mt chilliad in a chopper in like 2 minutes. AC3's range of unfog was about 3 steps to the left and 3 to the right, it was horrible.

The same happens for AC3 at a smaller scale, but the range increases as you get higher. Also, take into account the size of the gta map vs the size of the AC3 maps, and subtract all the space that gets cleared by viewpoints. Roughly the same amount of time is spent running around unclearing the map. At least it was for me.

Must be just you... I only bothered unfogging the rest of the map i had left after I finished the story. At that point I only had mountains to go to. Get a chopper, fly around, its easy. This also works for just streets. Get trevors helicopter and fly around, its really quick.

Assassin_M
10-03-2013, 04:15 PM
1. Unfog map: GTA did the SAME EXACT THING as AC3 where they force you to run around aimlessly just to unfog bits and pieces of the map. It takes HOURS for the full map to be explored. And about half of the places you need to unfog in GTA5 are places that you never get taken to in the campaign or anything, so you really need to go out of your way. GTA even made it worse, in a sense, because of the lack of viewpoints that unfogged greater parts of the map in AC3. So, literally the ONLY way to unfog the map is to run around, which is fine in the streets, but annoying as **** when you need to fly a little chopper around in circles above the roadless mountains and coastlines. While the complaints for this feature in AC3 are abundant, I have yet to see ONE mention of this issue in GTA5 forums or reviews.
Since I actually liked that system in AC III, which had a more....empty world, I love it in GTA V....Easter eggs, interesting events..etc make it all worthwhile to run around the gigantic map and you can always use the planes of course...those help a ton in unfogging the map.

2. Extremely specific mission contstraints: OHHHH where have we seen this before? GTA makes the same mistake as AC3 by putting in extremely specific and annoying constraints to achieve "gold" rating in the missions. Some of them are complete ********, like "switch between characters 10 times", " kill beverly and his crew in one shot", "finish with an accuracy raring of at least 77", "do not make a scratch or dent in your car" (for realz) "knockout the parkinglot inspector" "do not unhinge the truck", "only use a pistol" and many, MANY more. And again, to add insult to injury, you CANT SEE THE CONSTRAINTS UNTIL AFTER YOU COMPLETE THE MISSION. So basically, you could have spent 30 minutes trying to complete a mission, only to find out at the end that you got a bronze rating of 50 because you didn't get a certain number of headshots. This is even worse than in AC3. This was one of the biggest complaints about AC3, but once again, this little issue does not receive ANY attention in GTA5.
again, because I didn't complain about something OPTIONAL in AC III and because I'm not a sensitive nanny who hates the color red and takes a corner to cry and weep when it's slammed in my face...I'm not complaining about this either.

3. NUMEROUS GLITCHES, such as the game making a car I spent 750,000 dollars on (and another 100,000 for customizations) just disappear. And no one gives a ****. Sure you could say that they havent put out the first patch yet so its not a big deal, but remember that people were ripping on AC3's glitches since day 1. And when you look back, were any of AC3's glitches actually "game breaking?" I remember some that were inconvenient, but none that made me rage in frustration as many people on the web like to scream
Would you believe that I only ran into about 2 glitches so far?? and I clocked about a hundred hours...and those 2 glitches only occurred after installing the online patch

Players are willing to overlook more if the positive overweighs the negative...it is how it is

pirate1802
10-03-2013, 04:26 PM
Indeed you're not but people don't like the big red 50% thing saying they've failed coming up.

They should replace it by pink fluffy text so people's feelings don't get hurt, eh?

roostersrule2
10-03-2013, 04:27 PM
They should replace it by pink fluffy text so people's feelings don't get hurt, eh?I'm fine with that.

pirate1802
10-03-2013, 04:28 PM
I'm fine with that.

Good boy.

pacmanate
10-03-2013, 04:30 PM
Just want to say that I have not experienced one glitch in GTA. Also I got michael to fire rockets at franklins house, you get a text :P next stop, TREVORS

roostersrule2
10-03-2013, 04:33 PM
Just want to say that I have not experienced one glitch in GTA. Also I got michael to fire rockets at franklins house, you get a text :P next stop, TREVORSWhat if Ron bashes you??

pacmanate
10-03-2013, 04:35 PM
What if Ron bashes you??

Hes always shooting cans or something, hes too busy

Jexx21
10-03-2013, 04:58 PM
the red x is gone from black flag in case you didn't know.

And the optional objectives aren't listed with the main ones anymore, they pop up as their own little thing and then they disappear

Bastiaen
10-03-2013, 04:58 PM
I spent way less time unfogging AC3's map for the challenges than I did unfogging GTA V's map for the achievement. The water was the worst part. I spent the better part of an entire playing session just defogging the water.
Every time I replay an AC game, I go for 100%. I usually save defogging the map in AC3 until the end, and I spend aboiut 2-3 min running around in a missed area before the challenges unlock, compared with 4-6 hours in GTA V.

nomotog
10-03-2013, 06:33 PM
You know one thing that GTA shared with AC3 that actually did bug me was how they kept introducing then throwing away different items and systems. The old teach and toss problem.

Spider_Sith9
10-03-2013, 06:42 PM
I'm more concerned at how Black Flag got away with what Fahrenheit didn't. :/

nomotog
10-03-2013, 06:58 PM

You might have to explain that one.

Jexx21
10-03-2013, 07:18 PM
What's Fahrenheit?

luckyto
10-03-2013, 08:42 PM
GTA has always gotten away with things that other games don't. It's really pathetic.

dxsxhxcx
10-03-2013, 09:31 PM

this Fahrenheit?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lF-bR0K508

Spider_Sith9
10-03-2013, 09:32 PM
You might have to explain that one.

It's kinda spoilerific.

this Fahrenheit?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lF-bR0K508

The very same.

dxsxhxcx
10-03-2013, 09:40 PM
It's kinda spoilerific.

The very same.

use the spoiler tag and tell us, now I'm curious.. lol

great game btw.. I enjoyed the story and the decisions we had to make... :)

Spider_Sith9
10-03-2013, 09:49 PM
use the spoiler tag and tell us, now I'm curious.. lol great game btw.. I enjoyed the story and the decisions we had to make... :) Do not watch the clip if you don't want to be spoiled. As for the story. No one remembers it for anything else but it's incoherance. So much that they want Quantic Dream made realistic games ONLY.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAikTwYmB6U Believing you've seen the clip above and was there at the Modern Day Q&A, then you'd know... Juno is only a Rogue A.I similar to Luna A.I in Mass Effect (won't say who due to ME3 spoilers) or GLaDOS or SHODAN. Meaning Ubisoft pulled a Karma Houdini while David Cage gets all the ****.

SixKeys
10-03-2013, 09:57 PM
I haven't played GTAV, so obviously I can't say how the gameplay is, but the main reason why people may be more forgiving in GTA's case is because it's a better game in other aspects. AC3 had tons of faults, PLUS the ones mentioned in the OP. GTA may simply be more enjoyable overall which is why people are more willing to let some things slide.

Another reason might be because AC3 screwed up some aspects of the series which didn't need meddling with. Why make the unfogging mechanic so much more annoying than in the four previous games? Why makes viewpoints practically useless? Why make mission constraints more constraining than ever before when fans have been crying about how annoying they were even when there was only one optional objective instead of three? In their excitement to renew every aspect of the series, the devs ****ed up some really simple things that used to be fine.

ACfan443
10-03-2013, 10:04 PM
Firstly, in my experience, the presence of glitches in GTA 5 has been virtually nonexistent, the game is incredibly polished. Secondly, apart from the unfogging (which is a very minor nuisance for me since the map can be easily cleared up) I haven't been bothered by ANYTHING you mentioned. Why? Because if you compare the scope of GTA 5 to AC3, AC3 is embarrassingly dwarfed in almost every respect, and GTA 5's level of quality is so impressive that a few trivial issues such as these can be easily overlooked.

With AC3 being very sparse (in comparison to GTA's world), and its quality being significantly infinitesimal, a higher concentration on its shortcomings is to be expected.

I-Like-Pie45
10-04-2013, 12:39 AM
Ugh... i don't think you should compare these two games, it's like comparing GTAV with The Last of s, just won't end well.

:rolleyes:

adventurewomen
10-04-2013, 12:46 AM
GTA will always get a pass, because R* will make fans wait for years for each release and fans and non AC fans will always be critical of AC because the yearly release really does diminish the AC brand quality.

Jexx21
10-04-2013, 12:50 AM
it might just be me, but I honestly want an AC each year.. it's always something to look forward to for me.

Frank9182011
10-04-2013, 02:05 AM
Firstly, in my experience, the presence of glitches in GTA 5 has been virtually nonexistent, the game is incredibly polished.

One of the funniest things I have ever read on this forum.

Have you even played the game?

Wow.

Assassin_M
10-04-2013, 02:06 AM

Wow.
I second what he said, sonny...maybe you missed the part where he said "FROM MY EXPERIENCE"

Experiences differ...not every disc on different consoles has the exact same amount or types of glitches..

Wolfmeister1010
10-04-2013, 02:13 AM

Wow.

While I may not agree with everything he said, I dont think he deserves to be treated that way. Fix your attitide.

roostersrule2
10-04-2013, 02:13 AM
The GTA gets no complaints is the worst argument I've ever heard. Read their forums.

http://gtaforums.com/forum/239-gta-v/

Gi1t
10-04-2013, 03:20 AM
I really dont understand your post. Yes, I do recognize they are faults. Thats why I made this thread.

I believe he's just saying relax and try to look at it from a different angle. :) It's true, the lack of criticism has plenty of drawbacks as well and it's worth noting that at least AC is getting some good advice here and there along with all the typical yowling.

And I'm sure the annualization does have a lot to do with it, since it's one of the main differences between these two games. With all that space between titles, games like GTA, and Elder Scrolls always make a huge impact when they hit the shelves, so people certainly do pay them a lot of respect up front. But with games like that, people do have a tendency to not only ignore flaws in the game, but also give them credit for ideas that aren't theirs. This uneven distribution of praise and criticism has been around for a long time and it'll always be there, so the only thing to do is look at the potential benefits of a series getting more feedback than a more popular one.

And that's not to say you shouldn't point out the disparity in criticism when you see it. Go ahead; it can be beneficial to the other series in question to point out when it's not doing enough to stay ahead of its competitors. ;) (Plus, the game came out pretty recently. Give it some time and people will likely start to get more critical and analyze how it could be improved the next time around.)

The GTA gets no complaints is the worst argument I've ever heard. Read their forums.

http://gtaforums.com/forum/239-gta-v/ (http://gtaforums.com/forum/239-gta-v/)

http://gtaforums.com/forum/273-gta-online/ (http://gtaforums.com/forum/273-gta-online/)

Or yeah, just read the forums. XD If you ever want to see people b******g about a game, go to the main forums.

Wolfmeister1010
10-04-2013, 03:32 AM

http://gtaforums.com/forum/239-gta-v/

I wouldnt call it the worst agrument ever heard. I just said that GTA gets substantially less fire for doing some things that AC3 got attacked for. *flees*

roostersrule2
10-04-2013, 03:35 AM
I wouldnt call it the worst agrument ever heard. I just said that GTA gets substantially less fire for doing some things that AC3 got attacked for. *flees*Because it does it better.

The argument that because GTA V is a better game it wont be criticized as much is so stupid, people like to complain whether it be on their favourite game or least favourite game, people will complain if they don't like something.

Wolfmeister1010
10-04-2013, 03:56 AM
Because it does it better.

Thats debatable. And an opinion. But an opinion I respect.

roostersrule2
10-04-2013, 04:12 AM
Thats debatable. And an opinion. But an opinion I respect.The feeling is mutual.

pirate1802
10-04-2013, 07:43 AM

Probably because that stuff has been in AC's lore from the beginning?

shobhit7777777
10-04-2013, 09:32 AM
GTAV has flaws. Big ones IMO. But the game's positives outweigh the the negatives in the long run

I can ***** about the ****ty gunplay and shooting mechanics
I can ***** about the horrible mission design which makes AC3's missions look like masterpieces
I can complaint about the ridiculously shallow wanted system and detection parameters
I can ***** about the painful mission parameters and unengaging tasks I need to perform (Lifting crates? DAFUQ?!)

I can moan about a 100 different things which are just questionable design choices and make for crappy gameplay

However GTAV does one thing extremely well and that is giving me a sense of place, time and people within the game's universe

I can be doing a mundane idiotic task in a mission, but I immediately forget about it when I hear Trevor spout something unbelievable volatile and shocking
I forget about the crap shooting when I see a cop go down firing his weapon in air
I forget about the ******ed wanted systems and tedious driving task as I listen keenly to Michael and Trevor's back and forth
I forget about the horrendous AI because at the end of the day shooting people in droves IS GTAV and no matter how inane and boring it is...it can be easily overlooked.
I forget about all issues when I pass by a bunch of people camping and taking selfies on a mountain-top

GTAV is an engaging experience because it is well written, well presented and allows you to truly live out the fantasy of playing the game's characters.

Every single system in the game is not fluffy BS. It is CORE to the experience. The sum of the parts - the heists, the narrative, the radio stations, the barber shops, buying clothes etc. are all part of the universe and it feels organic and central to the experience.

GTAV Knows what it wants to do and does it well.

AC on the other hand

1. It comes out every year without any significant improvements to core systems...this only refreshes the chinks in AC's armour.

2. Stealth and overall freedom is a big part of the franchise and as such the focus on solid gameplay is more here. Linear crapfest missions and poor AI stand out like anything in a game like AC where the core mechanics of climbing, combat and stealth scream for something better.

3. Its not nearly as well written, funny or engaging as GTA....it can't rest on the writing and performances to carry it through....unlike GTA

4. Lot of fluffy nonsense on the side which make for a bloated experience...instead of adding to the world (unlike GTA)

5. Mucking about in GTAV with the physics, gunplay and the over-the-top police response cannot be paralleled by AC. People like mucking about

roostersrule2
10-04-2013, 09:38 AM
GTA doesn't have ****ty gunplay and mission design? It excels in both of those.

The wanted system is better then any other GTA.

The only task I didn't like was moving the crates, other then that it was all pretty awesome.

Locopells
10-04-2013, 09:44 AM
GTAV has a 'move the crate' mission?!

Oh the irony...

roostersrule2
10-04-2013, 09:46 AM
GTAV has a 'move the crate' mission?!

Oh the irony...It's part of a mission except you're in a big machine moving big crates, the rest of the mission is fun.

shobhit7777777
10-04-2013, 10:01 AM
GTA doesn't have ****ty gunplay and mission design? It excels in both of those.

****ty will be an understatement.

It just doesn't come close the quality of third person shooting that I expect from a third person game.

As for the missions...I was thoroughly bored with the point A-B objectives, extreme hand-holding and the sheer tediousness of tasks I had to perform..issues exacerbated by the poor AI and crappy shooting

Heists? What a ****ing joke. The balding nerd pointing everything out and your choice limited to selecting 2 NPCs and choosing between 2 linear options of taking the place down. No tactical or strategic freedom, no application of creativity, shallow systems that can't be exploited for different approaches. Unimaginative, boring stuff IMO

But like I said I don't really give a **** because thats not why I play GTAV....and its just OK enough to not make me put the game down.

The wanted system is better then any other GTA.

Not exactly the best yardstick

Its better but its still crap....could be much better, more robust.

roostersrule2
10-04-2013, 10:06 AM
****ty will be an understatement.

It just doesn't come close the quality of third person shooting that I expect from a third person game.

As for the missions...I was thoroughly bored with the point A-B objectives, extreme hand-holding and the sheer tediousness of tasks I had to perform..issues exacerbated by the poor AI and crappy shooting

Heists? What a ****ing joke. The balding nerd pointing everything out and your choice limited to selecting 2 NPCs and choosing between 2 linear options of taking the place down. No tactical or strategic freedom, no application of creativity, shallow systems that can't be exploited for different approaches. Unimaginative, boring stuff IMO

But like I said I don't really give a **** because thats not why I play GTAV....and its just OK enough to not make me put the game down.

Not exactly the best yardstick

Its better but its still crap....could be much better, more robust.It had similar gun mechanics to MP3, which is widely known for it's gun mechanics. I don't think I've seen better gunplay in a third person game, albeit I don't play many shooters.

How robust do you want it to be? It's perfect the way it is, they aggressively attack you when they're chasing you and aggressively look for you when you've eluded them.

shobhit7777777
10-04-2013, 10:19 AM
It had similar gun mechanics to MP3, which is widely known for it's gun mechanics. I don't think I've seen better gunplay in a third person game, albeit I don't play many shooters. .

Well, I do.

Max Payne 3's shooting is radically different from GTAVs.

Shooting, cover system and gunplay is crap IMO

How robust do you want it to be? It's perfect the way it is, they aggressively attack you when they're chasing you and aggressively look for you when you've eluded them.

1. No buffer zone between trying to arrest to straight out shooting. City wide cop chase for a street-fight or avoiding arrest? 2 stars getting you shot at. Not enough layers
2. Any overt activity regardless of witnesses or even police presence gets you a wanted level. Blow up a car out of sight and you get a wanted level. No police response at the scene
3. Kill an officer out of sight and completely silently - wanted level

The wanted system and the way the officers respond may be a parody....but it doesn't make for the best of gameplay experiences.

roostersrule2
10-04-2013, 10:33 AM
Well, I do.

Max Payne 3's shooting is radically different from GTAVs.

Shooting, cover system and gunplay is crap IMO

1. No buffer zone between trying to arrest to straight out shooting. City wide cop chase for a street-fight or avoiding arrest? 2 stars getting you shot at. Not enough layers
2. Any overt activity regardless of witnesses or even police presence gets you a wanted level. Blow up a car out of sight and you get a wanted level. No police response at the scene
3. Kill an officer out of sight and completely silently - wanted level

The wanted system and the way the officers respond may be a parody....but it doesn't make for the best of gameplay experiences.Not really, they're almost identical, R* used MP3 shooting system in GTA V.

What then?

1 star they have a stern talking to you.
2 star they try to arrest you.
3 star they call rude words out at you and chase after you.
4 star they start shooting at you.
5 star they get bigger guns.
6 star they call rude words out at you while shooting with the bigger guns.
7 star they get Police Choppers.
8 star they get NOOSE.
9 star they get the FIB.
10 star they get the Army.
11 star they get the FIB, Noose, Army and Police Choppers to attack you while they call rude words out at you and shoot at you with bigger guns.

If you're out by yourself and you do something nothing happens, but remember people can call the police on you so they will and you'll get a wanted star but the cops wont be there as they've only just been dialed.

shobhit7777777
10-04-2013, 10:44 AM
Not really, they're almost identical, R* used MP3 shooting system in GTA V.

I'm sorry, I can't agree with that.

1 star they have a stern talking to you.
2 star they try to arrest you.
3 star they call rude words out at you and chase after you.
4 star they start shooting at you.
5 star they get bigger guns.
6 star they call rude words out at you while shooting with the bigger guns.
7 star they get Police Choppers.
8 star they get NOOSE.
9 star they get the FIB.
10 star they get the Army.
11 star they get the FIB, Noose, Army and Police Choppers to attack you while they call rude words out at you and shoot at you with bigger guns.

Cute

But yeah, you're on the right track ;)

If you're out by yourself and you do something nothing happens, but remember people can call the police on you so they will and you'll get a wanted star but the cops wont be there as they've only just been dialed.

Try dropping a cop silently. Try blowing up a C4 (while you're concealed) and kill some people. Auto detection, cops zooming in on your last known. It could be much much deeper and much more robust

roostersrule2
10-04-2013, 10:50 AM
I'm sorry, I can't agree with that.

Cute

But yeah, you're on the right track ;)

Try dropping a cop silently. Try blowing up a C4 (while you're concealed) and kill some people. Auto detection, cops zooming in on your last known. It could be much much deeper and much more robustIt's not something you can agree or disagree with it just is, they heavily used MP3 to develop GTA V's shooting mechanics.

Everything can be deeper and more robuster, but having it too deep and too robust is worse then it being shallow, having something really easy is better then over complicated. To make the system more robust you would have to make it so after you've eluded the cops they actively search for you and even after your wanted levels gone if a cop sees you then the chase is back on. Now considering how much of the game locks up when you're being chased, the whole game would just turn into a police chasing you, that would be terrible.

pirate1802
10-04-2013, 11:28 AM
Is it too late to grab popcorn? It seems. :(

shobhit7777777
10-04-2013, 11:37 AM
It's not something you can agree or disagree with it just is, they heavily used MP3 to develop GTA V's shooting mechanics.

Actually I can

Max Payne 3's system is heavily centered around fluid shooting while remaining on the move. The core of Max Payne 3 is shooting. This is reflected in the mechanics. The movement is smoother, the aiming precise, the gunplay solid. It doesn't feel floaty or weak. Max shoots from every angle and stance.

GTAV is oriented towards cover based shooting, movement is clunky and not precise enough, the cover is super sticky, the aiming feels off and isn't smooth enough, the weapons sound weak and the impact is also not satisfactory.

To even say that they are "near identical" is something I can't agree with because that is simply not the case. You yourself have admitted you don't play many shooters...and it shows.

Everything can be deeper and more robuster, but having it too deep and too robust is worse then it being shallow, having something really easy is better then over complicated. To make the system more robust you would have to make it so after you've eluded the cops they actively search for you and even after your wanted levels gone if a cop sees you then the chase is back on. Now considering how much of the game locks up when you're being chased, the whole game would just turn into a police chasing you, that would be terrible.

The fallacy of such arguments lies in the ignorance of the existence of the 'balanced middle ground'.

I also think you've misunderstood what 'robust' here implies. The current system is fragile. Binary. Not much depth. The system breaks and devolves into auto-detection and disproportionate response too easily.
What you just mentioned is exactly what is happening - a touchy unforgiving unrealistic system which has cops chasing you all over town at the hint of trouble...where getting shot by cops is a matter of simply resisting arrest.

I expect more

roostersrule2
10-04-2013, 12:31 PM
Actually I can

Max Payne 3's system is heavily centered around fluid shooting while remaining on the move. The core of Max Payne 3 is shooting. This is reflected in the mechanics. The movement is smoother, the aiming precise, the gunplay solid. It doesn't feel floaty or weak. Max shoots from every angle and stance.

GTAV is oriented towards cover based shooting, movement is clunky and not precise enough, the cover is super sticky, the aiming feels off and isn't smooth enough, the weapons sound weak and the impact is also not satisfactory.

To even say that they are "near identical" is something I can't agree with because that is simply not the case. You yourself have admitted you don't play many shooters...and it shows.

The fallacy of such arguments lies in the ignorance of the existence of the 'balanced middle ground'.

I also think you've misunderstood what 'robust' here implies. The current system is fragile. Binary. Not much depth. The system breaks and devolves into auto-detection and disproportionate response too easily.
What you just mentioned is exactly what is happening - a touchy unforgiving unrealistic system which has cops chasing you all over town at the hint of trouble...where getting shot by cops is a matter of simply resisting arrest.

I expect moreWell that's more how you play it then anything else, it is true you don't have the 360 shooting in GTA V but apart from that it's essentially the same. The cover system is solid, the aiming is like any other R* game and the weapon sounds? Really you don't like the shooting because of the sounds it makes? How does that even affect the mechanics of shooting?

Well then explain your robust system, to me it seems good at the moment, the police can be much evaded much easier on a 1 star then 5 star wanted level, when you're on 1 star you're not going to go across the whole town you'll stay in the area that you're in most likely. They also use cone vision now so they have to find and see you before the heat starts up again.

shobhit7777777
10-04-2013, 01:05 PM
Well that's more how you play it then anything else, it is true you don't have the 360 shooting in GTA V but apart from that it's essentially the same.

What? "essentially the same"?
All I can say is that I disagree.

The cover system is solid, the aiming is like any other R* game and the weapon sounds? Really you don't like the shooting because of the sounds it makes? How does that even affect the mechanics of shooting?

Read my previous posts again.
Gunplay implies the feel of firing weapons in a game. Sound plays an extremely important role. Its one of the reasons why I don't like the shooting in GTA. Mechanics are ****....the crappy sounds are the cherry on top of the ****-ice cream.
If you're downplaying the role of audio when it comes to shooting in games...then I feel that your tastes are vastly different from mine and I'll agree to disagree on this one.

Well then explain your robust system, to me it seems good at the moment, the police can be much evaded much easier on a 1 star then 5 star wanted level, when you're on 1 star you're not going to go across the whole town you'll stay in the area that you're in most likely. They also use cone vision now so they have to find and see you before the heat starts up again

Yeah, I've played the game and read the wiki as well. The system is an improvement over previous wanted iterations....but it still needs work. I'm most thankful for the vision cones.

Start off by removing an automatic wanted level when you manage to silently kill cops. 1 star wanted levels should warrant 2-3 cops at max chasing you when on foot, it should go up by a star when you grab a vehicle. Limit the number of cops and cars that go after you at 1 and 2 stars. At no point should they be firing at you. Setting off explosives without being seen shouldn't get you a wanted level regardless of people killed. Explosions should warrant a police cruiser or two to turn up at the site.
3 stars and up - classic aggro GTA cops are welcome.

roostersrule2
10-04-2013, 01:16 PM
Start off by removing an automatic wanted level when you manage to silently kill cops. 1 star wanted levels should warrant 2-3 cops at max chasing you when on foot, it should go up by a star when you grab a vehicle. Limit the number of cops and cars that go after you at 1 and 2 stars. At no point should they be firing at you. Setting off explosives without being seen shouldn't get you a wanted level regardless of people killed. Explosions should warrant a police cruiser or two to turn up at the site.
3 stars and up - classic aggro GTA cops are welcome.I don't think I've ever silently killed a cop but if that happens then yea but if you silently kill one then you are seen with a gun in your hand they're going to chase you. In real life though if you're wanted by the police and you drive past a cop car they're going to chase regardless of what you did, but if it's for something minor they're not going to send wave after wave of police. It's like that in GTA V on lesser stars there is a less amount of cops chasing you then on major stars and only 2 or 3 cars are sent after you, the only extra ones are the ones you drive past.

As for the explosions, I've done heaps and nothings happened even if something were to happen it's an explosion people will hear and see it.

Mr_Shade
10-04-2013, 01:22 PM
errm

This is the AC forums - lets not turn this thread into a GTA gush thread..

If you want to post ideas about other games - I suggest you use their forums to do it.

shobhit7777777
10-04-2013, 01:28 PM
I don't think I've ever silently killed a cop but if that happens then yea but if you silently kill one then you are seen with a gun in your hand they're going to chase you. In real life though if you're wanted by the police and you drive past a cop car they're going to chase regardless of what you did, but if it's for something minor they're not going to send wave after wave of police. It's like that in GTA V on lesser stars there is a less amount of cops chasing you then on major stars and only 2 or 3 cars are sent after you, the only extra ones are the ones you drive past.

I have. Instant wanted level 2 (3 IIRC) regardless of you and the cop being out sight and no one witnessing it.

As for the vehicles. Actually, the game spawns them in at cut off points and generates the cop cars (to my knowledge and in my experience) to keep the chase up. Its not as bad as the AC3 chasing. I've had 3-4 vehicles join in the chase at 1-2 star levels.

As for the explosions, I've done heaps and nothings happened even if something were to happen it's an explosion people will hear and see it.

Precisely my point

An explosion doesn't lead to any reaction.

Mr_Shade
10-04-2013, 01:33 PM
^^^ read my post ^^^

shobhit7777777
10-04-2013, 01:36 PM
^^^ read my post ^^^

t'was too late

Locopells
10-04-2013, 02:05 PM
Well to be fair, it is comparing AC to GTA, and the point's being debated, so the thread's not completely off topic.

Mr_Shade
10-04-2013, 02:06 PM
Well to be fair, it is comparing AC to GTA, and the point's being debated, so the thread's not completely off topic.
It may have started out as that..

Now it's just a GTA thread..

AherasSTRG
10-04-2013, 02:43 PM
Why don't we just knock it off? Comparing GTA to AC in any aspect is too stupid even for a public forum...

roostersrule2
10-04-2013, 02:49 PM
Why don't we just knock it off? Comparing GTA to AC in any aspect is too stupid even for a public forum...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMSHEf1fmR4

PedroAntonio2
10-05-2013, 12:26 AM
The difference in the 100% Synch between GTA and AC is that ACIII was completely irritating about that. It was frustating to play an epic mission and see those huge red texts saying '' DON'T KILL ANYONE, DON'T TOUCH ANYONE WHILE RUNNING, DON'T BREATH, DON'T RUN, DON'T WALK IN THE STREET''. In GTA V, I thought it would be frustrating as AC3, but it's a LOT better see what you failed to do AFTER you completed the missions, because you play the missions as you prefer, without knowing the optional objective, the game doesn't get linear and it's more fun. BTW, the optional objectives in GTA V aren't so linear as in ACIII.

Jexx21
10-05-2013, 02:28 AM
gta suckzzzzzzzzz

roostersrule2
10-05-2013, 03:19 AM
gta suckzzzzzzzzzno u

Jexx21
10-05-2013, 03:37 AM
AC suckzzzzzzzzzzzz

roostersrule2
10-05-2013, 03:39 AM
AC suckzzzzzzzzzzzzno u

Jexx21
10-05-2013, 03:50 AM
Roosters suckzzzzzzz 2

roostersrule2
10-05-2013, 03:58 AM
Roosters suckzzzzzzz 2no u

Jexx21
10-05-2013, 04:04 AM
jexxxx suckzzzzzz 21

pirate1802
10-05-2013, 08:13 AM
jexxxx suckzzzzzz 21

Yes.

Jexx21
10-05-2013, 08:14 AM
GTA has a Crotch in it's Anusmouth.

Hans684
10-05-2013, 09:28 AM
They would have complained about all that if they released yearly.

AssassinHMS
10-05-2013, 12:17 PM
All I know is that I could've forgiven all the faults and all the glitches if only AC3 focused on the assassin's creed experience. If Ubisoft had used all that money to make a simple but neat and coherent game about being a blade in the crowd I would have overlooked all the problems because the game would have been worth the money. Instead they used all that money to make an incoherent Hollywood experience full of explosions, action sequences, bad assassinations, no real investigations, no ambient music, underdeveloped and misused stealth and a huge empty world plus naval battles and hunting. That is no assassin's creed game for me as it lacks the freedom, the atmosphere and the assassin's creed vibe.
Notice that I'm not saying that previous games were perfect because they were far from it. However everyone of them had, at least, one of these aspects (sense of freedom, great atmosphere and the ability to make the player feel like an assassin) with AC1 being the one with the most. If I feel that it's a real AC game and I have fun while playing it, I am willing to forgive some mistakes.

adventurewomen
10-05-2013, 01:24 PM
^ Another disgruntled AC fan! :-\

AssassinHMS
10-05-2013, 01:34 PM
^ Another disgruntled AC fan! :-\

?

adventurewomen
10-05-2013, 01:36 PM
?
You don't know what disgruntled means?

It seems like your angry and dissatisfied by your experience of AC3.

AssassinHMS
10-05-2013, 01:39 PM
You don't know what disgruntled means?

It seems like your angry and dissatisfied by your experience of AC3.

On the other hand you seem pretty happy with it.

adventurewomen
10-05-2013, 01:48 PM
On the other hand you seem pretty happy with it.
Yes I am happy with AC3 nothing wrong with that! Yes the game had it moments, however that doesn't take away from the fact that AC3 was a decent game including ToKW.

I'm pleased that AC3 & ToKW represented my culture with respect and integrity - I'm Mohawk.

:)

AssassinHMS
10-05-2013, 02:25 PM
Yes I am happy with AC3 nothing wrong with that! Yes the game had it moments, however that doesn't take away from the fact that AC3 was a decent game including ToKW.

I'm pleased that AC3 & ToKW represented my culture with respect and integrity - I'm Mohawk.

So you're Mohawk...interesting

Still, you are right. I'm not pleased with AC3 or Ubisoft's disregard for their own franchise. AC3 may be a decent game but you have to agree that it had nothing to do with being an assassin or assassinating.

On another note don't you think they made Connor such a "good guy" and the Mohawks way too peaceful for the sake of avoiding "trouble" and not because it was actually like that? If I remember correctly there was an Ubisoft employee who said they felt constricted when designing Connor's character...

adventurewomen
10-05-2013, 03:22 PM
So you're Mohawk...interesting

Still, you are right. I'm not pleased with AC3 or Ubisoft's disregard for their own franchise. AC3 may be a decent game but you have to agree that it had nothing to do with being an assassin or assassinating.

On another note don't you think they made Connor such a "good guy" and the Mohawks way too peaceful for the sake of avoiding "trouble" and not because it was actually like that? If I remember correctly there was an Ubisoft employee who said they felt constricted when designing Connor's character...
Thanks I am proud of my heritage! :)

I'm not too fond of the yearly release of AC games it does diminish brand quality over time, honestly I think AC needs a break for a year or two after AC4 to allow development time for AC5 especially if Ubisoft are considering a Ratonhnhaké:ton sequel, they need to spend time for a sequel and do it the right way not a rushed out sequel just for the sake of it. Is the purpose of my reasoning that AC needs a break no matter what happens in ACIV. That break would help bring back the brand quality to many fans and non AC fans. If there was a new AC game that generated the popularity of GTAV did and Ubisoft followed the plan of a new AC every 5-6 years then that would work out greatly for the series that way fans and non AC fans would appreciate the games more.

I've been playing AC games since 2007, I'm still going to be playing them no matter what. - like I said I won't even mind if there isn't an AC game for a year or two. I feel as we are fans we have been "spoiled" because we are given a AC game every year that we don't appreciate the amount of work it takes for the whole of Ubisoft to create and a welcome break would be great for the AC brand quality. I'm just speaking on the minority non-fans they see the AC brand "cheap" because of the yearly release we have been getting.

Yeah at times Connor was the "good guy" however he's not perfect and he's human it is this quality in him that makes him unique from previous Assassins I believe that Connor will remain to be different and unique in the characters of Assassins to come Edward is similar to Ezio. I would say this that all Assassins have this "good guy/girl" image for the players to like their personality and actions they exhibit.

These two articles are interesting about how Ubisoft went the right way to design Ratonhnhaké:ton I thought you might like:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/michaelvenables/2012/11/25/the-consultants-behind-ratonhnhaketon/

http://techland.time.com/2012/09/05/assassins-creed-iiis-connor-how-ubisoft-avoided-stereotypes-and-made-a-real-character/

Honestly I don't believe that Ubisoft were "restricted" they just wanted to make sure that Ratonhnhaké:ton represented the Mohawk nation with integrity.

LieutenantRex
10-05-2013, 09:10 PM
Connro was flawed, naive, and irritating at the least. I liked him as a character.

The GTA franchise is fun to play, I suppose, but GTA 5 is very dialogue based, and its mission structure is more or less the same, besides a few side missions which revolve around a similar core element. Drive, shoot, drive back, dialogue, drive, dialogue, shoot, dialogue, heist, shoot, drive, boat, dialogue. I can see why people would get upset that the AC series gets so much heat when GTA doesn't.

AdamPearce
10-06-2013, 03:30 AM
Connro was flawed, naive, and irritating at the least. I liked him as a character.

The GTA franchise is fun to play, I suppose, but GTA 5 is very dialogue based, and its mission structure is more or less the same, besides a few side missions which revolve around a similar core element. Drive, shoot, drive back, dialogue, drive, dialogue, shoot, dialogue, heist, shoot, drive, boat, dialogue. I can see why people would get upset that the AC series gets so much heat when GTA doesn't.

Did you actually played the game?

Cause of what I remember, they're was a lot more than 'driving, killing, dialogue'. It is true that GTA has a really organised mission structure BUT the missions are never alike onw to another. In each mission you have something new, something fresh. The objectives are always different, the environment are always very different, and even the dialogues and cinematics changes depending on your character!

In AC, it is the exact opposite. We always do the same thing in the same areas. And even when you do changes places, it's still looks like all the other places! Just compared the mission with Haytham when you get caught in the burning establishement and the chase of Charles Lee in the burning boat! Two mission with the same concept!