PDA

View Full Version : New Pirate Heist trailer and release dates for all platforms - inc PC! [UK]

Mr_Shade
09-30-2013, 05:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPqPrTGI-D4

The Xbox 360 and PlayStation(r)3 versions will be available on October 29th

Versions for the Xbox One, PlayStation(r)4, PC and Wii U will be available on November 22nd.

Dates are correct for UK - please check your local retailers / Ubi.com for your own local release information!

RatonhnhakeFan
09-30-2013, 05:13 PM
Graphics looking very nice indeed.

But next year the "next gen consoles launche later and PC is next gen too hehe" excuse won't fly :o And before you reply yes, many other publishers are perfectly capable of releasing great PC ports with exclusive features along with other versions launching.

Sushiglutton
09-30-2013, 05:26 PM
Graphics looking very nice indeed.

But next year the "next gen consoles launche later and PC is next gen too hehe" excuse won't fly :o And before you reply yes, many other publishers are perfectly capable of releasing great PC ports with exclusive features along with other versions launching.

It's just three weeks, I really can't bring myself to care anymore. I mean GTA V probably won't release on PC this year. Three weeks is nothing. I'm glad they have announced a proper release date.

pacmanate
09-30-2013, 05:28 PM
That trailer was great

RatonhnhakeFan
09-30-2013, 05:31 PM
It's just three weeks, I really can't bring myself to care anymore. I mean GTA V probably won't release on PC this year. Three weeks is nothing. I'm glad they have announced a proper release date.
I don't care either since I play AC series on PS but I hate when companies think the customers are naive.

pacmanate
09-30-2013, 05:35 PM
Phew, now that the PC one is releasing in Novemeber as well it means it will be cheap when I get a gaming PC wooooooooooooo

Locopells
09-30-2013, 06:40 PM
Finally!

x___Luffy___x
09-30-2013, 06:44 PM
good to know the PC release date finally :)

pirate1802
09-30-2013, 06:49 PM
So many videos at once! I'm like a fat kid in a candy store.

xboxauditore
09-30-2013, 06:50 PM
That trailer was better than any game trailer I've ever seen, God, November 1st can't get here fast enough!!!!

adventurewomen
09-30-2013, 06:52 PM
Mr.Shade thanks for letting us know of the release date for the PC version! :)

DisbandedBox359
09-30-2013, 06:53 PM
That trailer was great

Agreed best one yet, but is this the story trailer or is that still to come?

pirate1802
09-30-2013, 06:54 PM
I think story trailer is still to come. omg

poptartz20
09-30-2013, 07:08 PM
ahhh! guys this game is good I'm telling you... seriously!

Farlander1991
09-30-2013, 07:31 PM
Well, it was pretty clear that PC version wouldn't be released before next-gen console version. At least PC users are not the only ones waiting now :)

pirate1802
09-30-2013, 07:51 PM
Well, it was pretty clear that PC version wouldn't be released before next-gen console version. At least PC users are not the only ones waiting now :)

Good good. Let the pain flow through you (all who have to wait).

WalSwJan
09-30-2013, 08:02 PM
The german voice actors are some of the best ones I've heard in a video game,ever.

pacmanate
09-30-2013, 08:04 PM
Agreed best one yet, but is this the story trailer or is that still to come?

Well we have some exclusive thing on the 4th October, AND the Story Trailer to come.

If the exclusive unlock is the story trailer its bullcrap.

Farlander1991
09-30-2013, 08:07 PM
Good good. Let the pain flow through you (all who have to wait).

All in all, PC users have waited half a year for AC1, half a year for AC2, half a year for ACB, a few months for ACR and a few weeks for AC3. But there are quite a lot of console people on the Internet who are complaining that they'll have to wait for the next gen platform before they're able to play the game, it's like... Bane meme, "You've only adopted AC delays, I was born in them, molded by them, I haven't played AC synchronously with other players until I was already a man" or smth :D

SixKeys
09-30-2013, 08:19 PM
Finally, PC release date!

I guess I'm the only one who wasn't terribly impressed with the trailer. Although at 0:33 Vane reminded me of rapping Cesare. :p

Farlander1991
09-30-2013, 08:22 PM

I guess I'm the only one who wasn't terribly impressed with the trailer. Although at 0:33 Vane reminded me of rapping Cesare. :p

*Raises hand* I wasn't impressed by it either. I think its flow is a lot worse than that of other AC/AC4 trailers. But it had some nice moments.

Wolfmeister1010
09-30-2013, 08:27 PM
So many videos at once! I'm like a fat kid in a candy store.

what? have other vids been releaed today?

pirate1802
09-30-2013, 09:13 PM
what? have other vids been releaed today?

Mostly interviews, and an Eurogamer preview.

Ontopic: The only thing I didnt like in the trailer was the hair. ******* do they look plastic. For everyone!

xboxauditore
09-30-2013, 09:16 PM
Mostly interviews, and an Eurogamer preview.

Ontopic: The only thing I didnt like in the trailer was the hair. ******* do they look plastic. For everyone!

Yeah, Charles Vane's hair looks like a Lego piece

ArabianFrost
09-30-2013, 11:15 PM
Anne Bonne looks cool. She's already my favourite AC female character. (She's also a redhead)

Shahkulu101
09-30-2013, 11:22 PM
This looks like the best set of characters ever in anything.

ArabianFrost
09-30-2013, 11:24 PM
This looks like the best set of characters ever in anything.

Pretty much. Panning from one character to another shows how brilliantly diverse they are. From Charismatic Blackbeard, to quirky Calico, to maniac Charles. Such a rich cast of characters.

ArabianFrost
09-30-2013, 11:27 PM
I also don't know why, but I feel everything Blackbeard says is worthy of being a separate quote. He spews some pretty epic lines.

Shahkulu101
09-30-2013, 11:31 PM
I also don't know why, but I feel everything Blackbeard says is worthy of being a separate. He spews some pretty epic lines.

Him and Charles vane are portrayed particularly exceptionally. Vane's husk is so fitting with his appearance and mannerisms.

Blackbeard? - well he's just ****ing terrifying.

DisbandedBox359
10-01-2013, 12:09 AM
I also don't know why, but I feel everything Blackbeard says is worthy of being a separate quote. He spews some pretty epic lines.

I've replayed his speech to Edward about 10 times haha.

SixKeys
10-01-2013, 01:08 AM
Blackbeard hasn't quite grown on me yet, so far Charles Vane looks like the most interesting character to me. He seems ruthless and gentlemanly at the same time, very unpredictable.

DisbandedBox359
10-01-2013, 01:14 AM
Blackbeard hasn't quite grown on me yet, so far Charles Vane looks like the most interesting character to me. He seems ruthless and gentlemanly at the same time, very unpredictable.

I do enjoys Ralph Ineson's voice, for some reason haha

Megas_Doux
10-01-2013, 02:12 AM
I do enjoys Ralph Ineson's voice, for some reason haha

He sounds like one of my favorite singers haha

LoyalACFan
10-01-2013, 02:33 AM
I'm getting a very Jack Sparrow vibe from Calico Jack. The lecherous old bastard ;)

On the topic of Anne Bonny, she sounds very similar to Dobby Carter, no? Perhaps it's just the accent, but they almost sound like the same person to me.

Legendz54
10-01-2013, 02:48 AM
Hmmm.. Looks like the Templars are trying to convince Edward not to go into piracy.. Since that old grandmaster templar guy said something along the lines of "If you continue this path this is how you will end up" while the guy was getting hung.. I am curious to know why both sides are trying to recruit him, Really want to buy the game and find out.

LoyalACFan
10-01-2013, 09:19 AM
I am curious to know why both sides are trying to recruit him, Really want to buy the game and find out.

I would assume it's because he's a stone cold badass :p Probably has something to do with his First Civ bloodline, Eagle Vision, etc. as well.

ArabianFrost
10-01-2013, 10:56 AM
I'm getting a very Jack Sparrow vibe from Calico Jack. The lecherous old bastard ;)

On the topic of Anne Bonny, she sounds very similar to Dobby Carter, no? Perhaps it's just the accent, but they almost sound like the same person to me.

YES. He even moves his head in a bobbly way like Jack Sparrow.

Legendz54
10-01-2013, 11:06 AM
I would assume it's because he's a stone cold badass :p Probably has something to do with his First Civ bloodline, Eagle Vision, etc. as well.

I can understand if the Assassins want him.. they are desperate to find anyone.. But the templars? They aren't really into Edwards type.. they usually like people that can easily be manipulated to do the job for them and Edward isn't like that so if they are after Edward he must be damn special , Yea he probably has first civ DNA to unlock the cube and makes contact with Those who came before or something like that.

LoyalACFan
10-01-2013, 11:18 AM
YES. He even moves his head in a bobbly way like Jack Sparrow.

Indeed. Ordinarily I would say they were ripping off the Jack Sparrow character, but Sparrow was based largely on the real Calico Jack, so it seems appropriate.

LoyalACFan
10-01-2013, 11:23 AM
I can understand if the Assassins want him.. they are desperate to find anyone.. But the templars? They aren't really into Edwards type.. they usually like people that can easily be manipulated to do the job for them and Edward isn't like that so if they are after Edward he must be damn special , Yea he probably has first civ DNA to unlock the cube and makes contact with Those who came before or something like that.

The Templars need guys like Edward too though, even without the First Civ DNA. Even when they're pulling the strings, they still need their dirty work done. Think of Edward as the 18th century version of Daniel Cross.

Bloodline aside, I imagine the Assassins want him because they're always looking for recruits like you said, and the Templars want him because they can use his pirating skills to find POE's like that little cube thing.

pirate1802
10-01-2013, 11:59 AM

I almost shat myself in the previous Infamous Pirates trailer when he was discussing the worthiness of organs and bones of the poor man.

pacmanate
10-01-2013, 08:07 PM
I still cant get over how amazing this trailer is. Its like a movie!

LoyalACFan
10-01-2013, 10:15 PM
I still cant get over how amazing this trailer is. Its like a movie!

Yeah, it's pretty great. The cast of characters looks phenomenal. Each pirate seems really unique, unlike all the Founding Fathers who sort of blurred together in AC3. Blackbeard's charismatic and frightening, Calico Jack is lewd and shady, Charles Vane is just psychotic, and Anne Bonny... well, she's a bit of a mystery still, but I'm sensing some kind of love triangle between her, Jack, and Edward which should be interesting.

Shahkulu101
10-01-2013, 10:49 PM
Bonny looks interesting indeed - no, not just the bit of leg she was showing - I mean her character as a whole.

roostersrule2
10-02-2013, 04:43 AM
Yeah, it's pretty great. The cast of characters looks phenomenal. Each pirate seems really unique, unlike all the Founding Fathers who sort of blurred together in AC3. Blackbeard's charismatic and frightening, Calico Jack is lewd and shady, Charles Vane is just psychotic, and Anne Bonny... well, she's a bit of a mystery still, but I'm sensing some kind of love triangle between her, Jack, and Edward which should be interesting.Indeed, the best Founding Father was Lafayette and even he doesn't compare to the Pirates, they are tank.

pirate1802
10-02-2013, 06:11 AM
I'm really liking Charles Vane. His "ahahaha burn you bastards!" is the high point of the trailer for me (along with "We're sailing for Jamekka").

I can't stop watching it lol. The only thing bsd in this trailer is the lego hair everyone seems to have. Especially Vane and Bonny

Black_Widow9
10-02-2013, 10:10 AM
I love this Trailer more than any other so far!

Kaschra
10-02-2013, 04:15 PM
Help... I can't stop watching this trailer. It's so freaking epic and the characters... ah damn, I already love them all!

... and that's exactly why I'll hate Ubisoft, because most of them die before 1720... so we will most lilely see them all die.
Yeah great Ubsoft, make us like the charactersso that you can kill them off soon after ;___;

That's the magic of Darby MCDevitt ~

LoyalACFan
10-03-2013, 06:01 AM
Holy crap, I just realized... The Cuban governor reminds me of Gus Fring :eek:

Dag_B
10-04-2013, 11:10 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPqPrTGI-D4

The Xbox 360 and PlayStation(r)3 versions will be available on November 1st.

Versions for the Xbox One, PlayStation(r)4, PC and Wii U will be available on November 22nd.

Dates are correct for UK - please check your local retailers / Ubi.com for your own local release information!
I like how it says 21st November on the german Assassin's Creed sides which would mean that the XBone version would release a day before the XBone itself. xD

Mr_Shade
10-04-2013, 01:34 PM
Least you know stores will have it ;)

Biomedical-Fire
10-05-2013, 01:24 AM

I guess I'm the only one who wasn't terribly impressed with the trailer. Although at 0:33 Vane reminded me of rapping Cesare. :pNope, you're not alone, though good, but not impressed. I did however get the vibe that they're trying to make ACIV an Pirates of the Caribbean movie. All they're missing is Elizabeth Swan, Will Turner and Mr. Gibbs.

I-Like-Pie45
10-12-2013, 08:32 PM
Help... I can't stop watching this trailer. It's so freaking epic and the characters... ah damn, I already love them all!

... and that's exactly why I'll hate Ubisoft, because most of them die before 1720... so we will most lilely see them all die.
Yeah great Ubsoft, make us like the charactersso that you can kill them off soon after ;___;

That's the magic of Darby MCDevitt ~
I hope you realize they aren't real :)

pacmanate
10-12-2013, 10:40 PM
I hope you realize they aren't real :)

?

I-Like-Pie45
10-12-2013, 11:35 PM
?

They are just a collection of computer-programmed polygons, speaking recorded voices impersonating those long dead like the pirates or made up like Edward.

As such, these characters don't care that you like them or feel sad for their deaths because they aren't real.

this is why I laugh at bad games like TLoU and GTAV, those that try to get you to care about make believe people.

killzab
10-12-2013, 11:44 PM
They are just a collection of computer-programmed polygons, speaking recorded voices impersonating those long dead like the pirates or made up like Edward.

As such, these characters don't care that you like them or feel sad for their deaths because they aren't real.

this is why I laugh at bad games like TLoU and GTAV, those that try to get you to care about make believe people.

That's the most stupid comment I've read in a long time.

Kaschra
10-13-2013, 07:32 PM
That's the most stupid comment I've read in a long time.
Well, he is stupid, so I'm not surprised about a dumb comment coming from him :)

LoyalACFan
10-13-2013, 10:00 PM

You must be a blast at cocktail parties.

xboxauditore
10-13-2013, 10:09 PM

Well, GTA 5 certainly isn't as believable as The Last Of Us, But I would happily trade all my possessions for a friend like Ellie, Call me sad if you like, But to me it just means I'm truly enjoying the game.

I-Like-Pie45
10-13-2013, 10:22 PM
You must be a blast at cocktail parties.

yes
:rolleyes:

adventurewomen
10-14-2013, 12:33 AM
Nope, you're not alone, though good, but not impressed. I did however get the vibe that they're trying to make ACIV an Pirates of the Caribbean movie. All they're missing is Elizabeth Swan, Will Turner and Mr. Gibbs.
Mr Gibbs actor was Mr. Faulkner in AC3.

I've said this before and I'll say it again:

Well we already had some references to PoTC in AC3. Robert Faulkner was voiced by Kevin McNally (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0573618/) who played Joshamee Gibbs in PoTC. Kevin wanted to make sure that Robert had a link to his character in PoTC. They both don't like women on deck & They both believe in stepping on board a ship with the right foot for good luck.

See they look alike too, the striking resemblances to Robert Faulkner & Joshamee Gibbs.

http://i.imgur.com/pPm5QWd.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/y2fcmDz.jpg

Sn1p3r-28
10-14-2013, 09:12 AM
I can't make a decision about whether I should wait for the Next-Gen version (PS4 Black Chest pre-ordered) or get a PS3 version as well. It's gonna be so hard waiting that month, Such a dilemma....

I'm curious to know what other people have decided.

LoyalACFan
10-14-2013, 01:59 PM
I can't make a decision about whether I should wait for the Next-Gen version (PS4 Black Chest pre-ordered) or get a PS3 version as well. It's gonna be so hard waiting that month, Such a dilemma....

Get it for PS3, and you can upgrade it to the PS4 version for $10.

pacmanate
10-14-2013, 02:46 PM

Get Batman! Or something else to tide you over. That's what I'm doing. You seem like you want to see AC4 in all it's glory, do not give in to temptation! I seem to be the only person not upgrading and just getting a PS4 version, join me!

Sn1p3r-28
10-14-2013, 11:24 PM
Get Batman! Or something else to tide you over. That's what I'm doing. You seem like you want to see AC4 in all it's glory, do not give in to temptation! I seem to be the only person not upgrading and just getting a PS4 version, join me!

That's exactly what I feel.. but the month wait will be hard. I'm with you, I'll try and stay strong and wait for PS4.

Mr_Shade
10-15-2013, 10:08 AM
Updated with new release date for current gen.

PS3 and Xbox 360 versions are now being released, globally, on the 29th of October ;)

Edited!

LoyalACFan
10-15-2013, 10:16 AM
Xbox 369

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/What_e68efc_2292486.jpg