PDA

View Full Version : What consoles are the demos on?

xboxauditore
09-29-2013, 04:01 PM
I was watching all of the Gameplay videos of Black Flag, when it occurred to me: While all the graphics and gameplay are so smooth, is that because it's on an Xbox One or a PS4?

If so, what will it look like on an Xbox 360? or a PS3? Will it still play as smoothly?

roostersrule2
09-29-2013, 04:03 PM
PS4.

It wont look as good as next-gen but current gen will still be a good looking game, it should run pretty well.

Aphex_Tim
09-29-2013, 04:12 PM
It'll probably look comparible to AC3 on the PS3 and Xbox360.
Can't say anything about the framerate issues though.

xboxauditore
09-29-2013, 04:16 PM
Hmm, I knew it should be on next-gen consoles, but exploring the frontier on AC3 reminded me how beautiful the games can look, and I'm sure Black Flag is running on the same engine as 3 so it'll
look just as good, if not better.

pirate1802
09-29-2013, 04:21 PM
Nintendo 64

Mr_Shade
09-29-2013, 05:53 PM
PS4.

Not strictly true...

The EGX demos are:

The Open World Demo = PS4
Assassination Demo [what some are calling the jungle demo] = PS4
Fort demo = PC

Official Gameplay trailers - can be a mix of formats - and we wouldn't be able to say what shot is from which format.

So, depends on WHAT you are watching ;)

As you say though - even current gen will look good - but the game will have extra effects and higher detailed textures on Next Gen and PC - as per the Next Gen Trailer ;)

poptartz20
09-29-2013, 07:30 PM
well... playing of shade, what we have seen is PS4 and PC. I don't believe we have seen anything from xbox one! Which I'm surprised. where have they been actually? I know Ubisoft has deals with Sony/Playstation but wow. I don't think I've seen a demo yet running xbox.

Mr_Shade
09-29-2013, 07:38 PM
If we haven't said - you may have seen it without knowing ;)

We hardly ever say 'PS4 trailer' - most are a mixture...

You may have seen some footage already or in the next gen trailer.. from what I have heard, both PS4 and Xbox One are pretty identical

Only real differences between PS4 and Xbox one are = Sony offer an upgrade path from PS3 - Exclusive content - and the pad based touchpad map interface.

poptartz20
09-29-2013, 07:56 PM
Umm.... good point! lol.

Very Tricky, Tricky. ;)

also I keep forgetting about that touch pad part. Um.. pretty responsive I guess? also does it serves as a pause/start button?

Mr_Shade
09-29-2013, 08:05 PM
Umm.... good point! lol.

Very Tricky, Tricky. ;)

also I keep forgetting about that touch pad part. Um.. pretty responsive I guess? also does it serves as a pause/start button?

yeah pretty good tbh - it's narrow - but you can still pinch /zoom with it :)

Pause = Option button - that's the 'new' start button by the look of it? ;)

pacmanate
09-29-2013, 08:24 PM
Well put it this way, we haven't seen current gen. PC or PS4, they both look very similar to me.

poptartz20
09-29-2013, 08:34 PM
yeah pretty good tbh - it's narrow - but you can still pinch /zoom with it :)

Pause = Option button - that's the 'new' start button by the look of it? ;)

Ahhh! Okay gotcha! Thanks shade! actually come to think of it... aren't you a PC player?

lothario-da-be
09-29-2013, 08:36 PM
Well put it this way, we haven't seen current gen. PC or PS4, they both look very similar to me.
is there a notieable difference?

pacmanate
09-29-2013, 08:42 PM
is there a notieable difference?

The PC version does look better, the smoke, shadows and textures. However the PS4 version stacks up really well against it. There was a cutscene comparison video someone did, taking aside the wrong colour calibration, the PC version has rounder buttons and are clearer etc, however PS4 is very good.

Mr_Shade
09-29-2013, 08:50 PM
The PC version does look better, the smoke, shadows and textures. However the PS4 version stacks up really well against it. There was a cutscene comparison video someone did, taking aside the wrong colour calibration, the PC version has rounder buttons and are clearer etc, however PS4 is very good.

having seen that video and the game in real life - on a properly calibrated screen - that video is way off.. even the textures seem better..

pacmanate
09-29-2013, 08:52 PM
having seen that video and the game in real life - on a properly calibrated screen - that video is way off.. even the textures seem better..

ORLY? All Im saying is the PS4 stacks up really well :(

Mr_Shade
09-29-2013, 08:59 PM

no it does :)

Tbh if I had seen the PS4 version this time last year - I would have thought it was on PC ;)

poptartz20
09-29-2013, 09:12 PM

pshtt... yeah! PS4 doesn't play!

*puts hand on hip and waves finger*

Lol!

I honestly think that consoles and pcs will be on the same level at some point.

pacmanate
09-29-2013, 09:15 PM
pshtt... yeah! PS4 doesn't play!

*puts hand on hip and waves finger*

Lol!

I honestly think that consoles and pcs will be on the same level at some point.

If it was PS3 vs PC I would be more swayed to buy a PC now, but now its PS4 vs PC I don't see as much difference anymore. Although my parents should be getting a PC in the coming months and AC4 will be on the cheap then.

I only want AC4 on PC in the future because of the water. No that is not a joke :P

poptartz20
09-29-2013, 09:33 PM
If it was PS3 vs PC I would be more swayed to buy a PC now, but now its PS4 vs PC I don't see as much difference anymore. Although my parents should be getting a PC in the coming months and AC4 will be on the cheap then.

I only want AC4 on PC in the future because of the water. No that is not a joke :P

Haha! hey if that's what you want then... Hey it's what you want! lol! I've always been a console gamer personally and will probably stick with it in the end but I have seriously thought about going to PC. Just in lieu of everything that consoles have been doing, it's been a slight turn off.

yeah in the next couple months you should be able to get Ac4 for about $40-50 USD depending on when your talking!

So if you wait until basically next year to get the game will you still be on the forums?

Dag_B
09-29-2013, 10:41 PM
A comparison current gen vs next gen (or PC) would really be interesting. ^^
PC and next gen not so much, as it's basicly "this looks very good. And oh, this also looks very good" and comes down to some details you'll never notice if you play the game without having another version for direct comparison. I think I heard the PC version will be the only one with 4k textures but I guess very few people will be able to make use of those. And those two extra effects of course.

But to see which effects are only on next gen/PC and how everything looks on the weaker consoles, that would interest me.
I own a PS3 and a very strong PC and this time is the first that I'll play Assassins Creed on the PC (which was mainly due to the lower price, when I preordered). So naturally I am curious.

pacmanate
09-29-2013, 10:52 PM
Haha! hey if that's what you want then... Hey it's what you want! lol! I've always been a console gamer personally and will probably stick with it in the end but I have seriously thought about going to PC. Just in lieu of everything that consoles have been doing, it's been a slight turn off.

yeah in the next couple months you should be able to get Ac4 for about $40-50 USD depending on when your talking!

So if you wait until basically next year to get the game will you still be on the forums?

Ah you misunderstood. What I was saying was just comparing footage of PS3 to PC, and PS4 to PC.

I am getting the PS4 version, but was just saying my parents will be getting a PC that I choose in the coming months, probably around Jan or Feb. Around that time AC4 will be cheap on PC and I can just buy it then.

I'm at Uni now anyway, first year started 2 weeks ago so I am going to be very busy anyway. Besides, I like sitting on the sofa playing games anyway, I don't think I will ever be a PC gamer.

poptartz20
09-29-2013, 11:50 PM
Ah you misunderstood. What I was saying was just comparing footage of PS3 to PC, and PS4 to PC.

I am getting the PS4 version, but was just saying my parents will be getting a PC that I choose in the coming months, probably around Jan or Feb. Around that time AC4 will be cheap on PC and I can just buy it then.

I'm at Uni now anyway, first year started 2 weeks ago so I am going to be very busy anyway. Besides, I like sitting on the sofa playing games anyway, I don't think I will ever be a PC gamer.

Ahhh! Haha.. okay gotcha! thanks for clearing that up! That makes a lot more sense now!