Aphex_Tim
09-29-2013, 11:02 AM
Lol, that guard on the left at 1:08

roostersrule2
09-29-2013, 11:06 AM
The graphics are mega good.

pacmanate
09-29-2013, 11:31 AM
Eye Candy! New double kill animation for the HB's shown, awesome!

Mr_Shade
09-29-2013, 11:34 AM
Lol, that guard on the left at 1:08
Early code, not final AI - public demo etc etc..

as you know, the AI in these demos is normally very stupid.. But they can be highly aggressive in combat.. ;)

As I said - combat has improved ;)

The graphics are mega good.
You think that's good?

Wait it till you see it on a direct feed ;)

roostersrule2
09-29-2013, 11:37 AM
You think that's good?

Wait it till you see it on a direct feed ;)Feed me your direct feed.

Sushiglutton
09-29-2013, 11:38 AM
Really hard to say anything when the player is so unexperienced. No game's combat looks good then. But the human shield seems much smoother which is cool!

pacmanate
09-29-2013, 11:42 AM
Feed me your direct feed.

Greedy, I want to see too.

Mr_Shade
09-29-2013, 11:42 AM
Really hard to say anything when the player is so unexperienced. No game's combat looks good then. But the human shield seems much smoother which is cool!
On my demo.. (Assassinate mission) 99.9% of players had played the series before - about 70% played ACB to present as well... Most of them said they where "good" at the game - which was beared out in the ease they found the basic controls and free running..

Of those, most said the combat was far too easy on the other titles.. Almost all of them found the new combat a "challenge" to say the least ;)

and yes yes I did ask that type of question, since I know you guys wanted to know ;) - ask ladyleonhart or any that saw me, I was quick to point out not only the early code demo but also the combat was hard as nails ;)

Its its great watching these YouTube vids, but wait till you get your sweaty little hands on the game, it's smooth and fluid and so detailed :0 the lighting effects are amazing.. Let along the sea and weather...

PS4 / Xbox One version (as more so the PC) are VERY good looking and if you like eye candy, you should be happy..

And I know many think the PS3/Xbox / current gen versions will look rubbish.. You will be surprised ;)

AidenPixxel
09-29-2013, 11:45 AM
On my demo.. (Assassinate mission) 99.9% of players had played the series before - about 70% played ACB to present as well... Most of them said they where "good" at the game - which was beared out in the ease they found the basic controls and free running..

Of those, most said the combat was far too easy on the other titles.. Almost all of them found the new combat a "challenge" to say the least ;)

and yes yes I did ask that type of question, since I know you guys wanted to know ;) - ask ladyleonhart or any that saw me, I was quick to point out not only the early code demo but also the combat was hard as nails ;)

And how does the crouch really works??

pacmanate
09-29-2013, 11:49 AM
Its its great watching these YouTube vids, but wait till you get your sweaty little hands on the game, it's smooth and fluid and so detailed :0 the lighting effects are amazing.. Let along the sea and weather...

PS4 / Xbox One version (as more so the PC) are VERY good looking and if you like eye candy, you should be happy..

http://24.media.tumblr.com/2938093442d2d15a6c44377404a7bdf6/tumblr_mt3f4nTKUD1qk09w7o1_500.gif

Farlander1991
09-29-2013, 11:53 AM
Didn't really watch the video, just a few seconds there and there, seems fine.

I think when it comes to promotional material, no more gameplay demos for me, just story and launch trailer when they come out. Not a lot of time is left anyway.

Mr_Shade
09-29-2013, 11:56 AM
And how does the crouch really works??
Think should already know?

same as AC3 - stealth zones etc.

lol@pacmanate

AidenPixxel
09-29-2013, 11:58 AM
Think should already know?

same as AC3 - stealth zones etc.

But in this video at 0:33 he crouched outside a stalking zone

Farlander1991
09-29-2013, 12:00 PM
The character is still crouched for a while after getting out of the stalking zone, so not to get up immediately like in AC3 (which could lead to problems). But you get into crouch only in stalking zones.

Mr_Shade
09-29-2013, 12:02 PM
The character is still crouched for a while after getting out of the stalking zone, so not to get up immediately like in AC3 (which could lead to problems). But you get into crouch only in stalking zones.
Indeed in the demos there is a transitional period, you don't just stand up as soon as you leave one, which is more realistic?

if you are stalking a target, it's good ;)

In the video - he seems to glitch - so, that is not Normal!

sorry didnt know know that's what the question means ;)

I did answer this in the other thread - when pacmanate posted a screenshot of it happening ;)

lothario-da-be
09-29-2013, 12:04 PM
A shame he kept trying to hide himself , kinda ruined the vid. But the rest looked good!

AidenPixxel
09-29-2013, 12:06 PM
In some demos Edward is crouched after he gets out of the bushes but in this one he is crouched before getting into the bushes

Mr_Shade
09-29-2013, 12:08 PM
In some demos Edward is crouched after he gets out of the bushes but in this one he is crouched before getting into the bushes
If you watch, it's a glitch in the animation, it crouches then jumps and then crouches, that's not "normal" and is an error due to early code etc,

AidenPixxel
09-29-2013, 12:13 PM
If you watch, it's a glitch in the animation, it crouches then jumps and then crouches, that's not "normal" and is an error due to early code etc,

So crouch happens only when you get out of the bushes?If so how does it work?

roostersrule2
09-29-2013, 12:17 PM
So crouch happens only when you get out of the bushes?If so how does it work?If you go into a bush you crouch, when you come out the standing up is delayed.

Mr_Shade
09-29-2013, 12:18 PM
So crouch happens only when you get out of the bushes?If so how does it work?
As I explained.

you crouch when you enter the stealth zones - bushes - like in AC3 if you have played it?

when you leave, you stay crouched for a short distance, then slowly stand up again..

(thanks rooster)

AidenPixxel
09-29-2013, 12:26 PM
As I explained.

you crouch when you enter the stealth zones - bushes - like in AC3 if you have played it?

when you leave, you stay crouched for a short distance, then slowly stand up again..

(thanks rooster)

So every time i get out of the bushes I will have to remain crouched for a few seconds?
Can I somehow control the amount of distance I can remain crouched?

Sushiglutton
09-29-2013, 01:05 PM

And I know many think the PS3/Xbox / current gen versions will look rubbish.. You will be surprised ;)

Sounds intriguing :). Thanks for checking out the combat for us! I'm very glad Ubi is releasing this on PC and next get. Especially the foliage has caught my eye, very juicy.

Mr_Shade
09-29-2013, 01:34 PM
So every time i get out of the bushes I will have to remain crouched for a few seconds?
Can I somehow control the amount of distance I can remain crouched?
Yes.p, you remain crouched - as least in the demo build, it may change before release, however previews should be able to advise you.

I think it's based on distance, so that is the only control you have - looking at the various demos - it's not something I bothered to check, since it has never been a concern for me - maybe someone else can answer that for you.

ladyleonhart
09-29-2013, 01:51 PM
...ask ladyleonhart or any that saw me, I was quick to point out not only the early code demo but also the combat was hard as nails ;)

Mr Shade did tell us that the demo was an early code demo and any glitches were due to it being an old demo.

Regarding playing the AC series before, I have played ACI, ACII, ACIII and ACIII: Liberation. I have 100% synchronization on ACII, ACIII and ACIII: Liberation, which I found quite easy. Also, I am an experienced gamer. :) From playing the ACIV assassination demo, I actually found that the combat was more difficult than previous AC games. As I mentioned in a different thread, many players actually ran away from battle and they were actually encouraged to do so to avoid being desynchronized (a second time) since we were only allowed 10-15 minutes due to the large queues. On the day I went to Eurogamer and played the demo, I was told that only one person managed to get through undetected and without being desynchronized and that they only killed one person, which was the assassination target.

pacmanate
09-29-2013, 02:11 PM
Mr Shade did tell us that the demo was an early code demo and any glitches were due to it being an old demo.

Lies! He has never told us this!

:p

I think everyone should know these are old builds anyway. I wouldn't take that much away from AI and glitches.

ladyleonhart
09-29-2013, 02:14 PM
Lies! He has never told us this!

:p

I think everyone should know these are old builds anyway. I wouldn't take that much away from AI and glitches.

Lol, actually, I was referring to the fact that he told everyone who played the demo, which is what the post was about. :P

Everyone takes things so literally around here. :p

SixKeys
09-29-2013, 02:46 PM
I like the way the guards react when they spot you and you go to hide in the bushes. At first I was worried since the red icon went to yellow even after the player had made himself so obvious, but instead of wandering around clueless like "durr, where did he go??", the guard approached the bush carefully and then swung his sword wildly to expose you. This is so much better than in previous games where it was either instant detection, with no option of hiding again (AC3) or guards that will completely ignore you even if they see you entering a hiding spot.

AnthonyA85
09-29-2013, 03:52 PM
Interesting gameplay, wish the guy doing the voice over had been speaking in english though, but oh well.

Mr Shade, do you have any rough idea as to what the specs were for the PCs running the nvidia demo? Or weren't you told/didn't get a chance to ask?

dxsxhxcx
09-29-2013, 04:57 PM
hey Mr_Shade, can we change the camera angle (while we are on the ship) anytime or this will happen automatically?

pacmanate
09-29-2013, 08:31 PM
Also, I am an experienced gamer. :)

Bahahahhahaha!

joking

Someone help me with the stupid spoiler tags

ladyleonhart
09-29-2013, 08:35 PM
Bahahahhahaha!

joking

You're hilarious, Pac. :p

Mr_Shade
09-29-2013, 08:53 PM
PC specs - unknown - but it was a PC on the Nvidia stand - so expect a beefy GPU ;)

Camera on the ship - yes you can angle the camera, as normal ;)

And yes only one person managed to stealth the demo .. they only killed the target.. put two guards to sleep..

Most didn't but the smart ones used a berserk dart on the guy from the rigging.. ;)

I did chuckle to myself - since a lot of people where talking in the queue 'Combat is always easy in these games' & ' god these people suck' etc etc..

They soon changed their minds.. LOL

EchoFiveKilo
09-30-2013, 05:56 AM
I don't want to nitpick but if they're going to re-use the hidden blade double counter from AC3, they should re-use the same camera angles that AC3 used. It looked so much weaker in this video. Hopefully its just an early build.

pirate1802
09-30-2013, 06:08 AM
Bahahahhahaha!

joking

Lolololol The joke tuned on you xD