PDA

View Full Version : Is there going to be a fort reset option like Far Cry 3?

jayjay275
09-28-2013, 09:03 AM
Just wondering.

roostersrule2
09-28-2013, 09:22 AM
They said they were thinking about it.

jayjay275
09-28-2013, 09:41 AM
The game hasn't gone gold yet, am I right?

AherasSTRG
09-28-2013, 09:56 AM
The plantations reset. The forts can be attacked by the enemy. If lost, they can be retaken.

roostersrule2
09-28-2013, 10:11 AM
The game hasn't gone gold yet, am I right?It probably will in the next week or so but when they said they were thinking about it was months ago.

lothario-da-be
09-28-2013, 10:20 AM
They already confirmed you can ony capture forts once.

jayjay275
09-28-2013, 10:48 AM
How unfortunate. :(
At least plantations reset. :-)

adventurewomen
09-28-2013, 12:16 PM
From the AC4 demo I played the other day at the Eurogamer Expo there wasn't a fort reset option in the game.

lothario-da-be
09-28-2013, 12:57 PM
From the AC4 demo I played the other day at the Eurogamer Expo there wasn't a fort reset option in the game.
Were you able to stealth play the forts? Or at least without your crew joining the fight?

roostersrule2
09-28-2013, 12:57 PM
From the AC4 demo I played the other day at the Eurogamer Expo there wasn't a fort reset option in the game.I don't think that'd be in a demo.

STDlyMcStudpants
09-28-2013, 07:30 PM
I hope there isn't an "option" to reset forts...If they did anything like this i would want it to be like in AC Revelations where you are notified as you run around that the templars are taking over part of a city you own ..which btw was insanely annoying if you ask me...getting attacked by just walking into part of the city becase the entire thing is red zoned after you worked your butt off to win it in that fort defense thing...

I-Like-Pie45
09-28-2013, 08:03 PM
There is no option to reset the forts.

There will be no mission replay either making it impossible to get full-sync if you don't do in the first try.

Guards will not respawn after you kill them.

Ashraf confirmed that these features were removed because it hurt the aesthetic immersion of the game and dampened the effect of player's actions if they were able to redo forts and missions or fight respawning guard patrols.

adventurewomen
09-28-2013, 08:03 PM
Were you able to stealth play the forts? Or at least without your crew joining the fight?
Yes the option to play Stealth is there. :)

I played the demos at Eurogamer stealthy.

STDlyMcStudpants
09-28-2013, 08:10 PM
There is no option to reset the forts.

There will be no mission replay either making it impossible to get full-sync if you don't do in the first try.

Guards will not respawn after you kill them.

Ashraf confirmed that these features were removed because it hurt the aesthetic immersion of the game and dampened the effect of player's actions if they were able to redo forts and missions or fight respawning guard patrols.

PLEASE tell me this is a joke.
I cried playing AC 2 because i couldnt replay a sequence...

pirate1802
09-28-2013, 08:23 PM
PLEASE tell me this is a joke.
I cried playing AC 2 because i couldnt replay a sequence...

He means only the forts. -_-

Shahkulu101
09-28-2013, 08:33 PM
I'd love this option...though it remains to be seen whether or not Forts will be as fun as Far Cry 3's outposts - those things were sooooo damn fun.

FrankieSatt
09-28-2013, 08:39 PM
Don't you need to defeat the forts to open up more of the ocean to explore? Why would you want to reset them?

lothario-da-be
09-28-2013, 09:05 PM

;) Thanks for the answer, this makes ac4 already a better game. AC3 had forts but broken stealth, i hope ac4 will do this right.

adventurewomen
09-28-2013, 09:09 PM
;) Thanks for the answer, this makes ac4 already a better game. AC3 had forts but broken stealth, i hope ac4 will do this right.
You're welcome I agree however I did enjoy AC3. :)

ArabianFrost
09-28-2013, 09:30 PM

He's talking about the forts, not in general.

If anyone is wondering, naval forts are, as the name suggests, naval missions. You cannot stealth to the forts or attempt any of that. Ashraf confirmed it. To infiltrate a fort you need to destroy enemy defences which in return allow you to infiltrate the fort. Otherwise, you cannot enter the forts without going loud with your ship and destroying enemy defences.

Basically, naval fort missions play as such and ONLY as such:
-Yo take down enemy defences
-You infiltrate the fort with your crew
-You assassinate the captain
-The fort becomes your ally
-Side missions are unlocked

We may not have stealth forts, but we have plantations which are AC4's version of AC3's forts.

adventurewomen
09-28-2013, 09:31 PM
^ Yeah I know. :)

Jexx21
09-28-2013, 09:34 PM
The plantations are more like FC3's outposts than Black flag's forts.

Plantations have alarms that you can destroy, they have guards that you can either take down stealthily or move in guns a blazin, and they reset automatically. You just can't get side missions from them.

ArabianFrost
09-28-2013, 09:36 PM
^ Yeah I know. :)

You do? Well, I think you made it seem to Lathario that forts can be played stealthy when they can't be played stealthily. It's the plantations that offer stealth.

adventurewomen
09-28-2013, 09:37 PM
You do? Well, I think you made it seem to Lathario that forts can be played stealthy when they can't be played stealthily. It's the plantations that offer stealth.
You don't need to engage with the enemy in forts, you can go straight to the target to kill them without attracting unwanted attention this is what I found out from the Demo.

ArabianFrost
09-28-2013, 09:41 PM
You don't need to engage with the enemy in forts, you can go straight to the target to kill them without attracting unwanted attention this is what I found out from the Demo.

Wait.....what? Are you sure you tried taking over a naval fort without naval engagement, but only by stealthily going in and assassinating the captain? I could have sworn Asgraf said you cannot enter forts without destroying enemy defences.

If you don't mind me asking, how did you get in the fort with all enemy defences on guard?

adventurewomen
09-28-2013, 09:44 PM
Wait.....what? Are you sure you tried taking over a naval fort without naval engagement, but only by stealthily going in and assassinating the captain? I could have sworn Asgraf said you cannot enter forts without destroying enemy defences.

If you don't mind me asking, how did you get in the fort with all enemy defences on guard?
I'm sure of this, I'm going again there tomorrow and I'll write a detailed review when I come back from there.

Sneaking past the guards and enemy defences, without guns blazing.

ArabianFrost
09-28-2013, 10:01 PM
I'm sure of this, I'm going again there tomorrow and I'll write a detailed review when I come back from there.

Sneaking past the guards and enemy defences, without guns blazing.

Hhhhmmmm.....this....this changes EVERYTHING. God almighty 10 stealth plantation missions with 10+ forts that also can played stealthily. 20+ side-stealth opportunities is like being a kid in a candy shop for me. Oh my, this is really exciting news. Thanks for being the bearer of great news.

Jexx21
09-28-2013, 10:02 PM
I think she means after she took out the fort's defenses and her crew started raiding the fort Frost. You can go in to the fort and head for the captain while your crew is fighting and as long as you don't attract the attention of a guard that isn't in combat, you won't "engage" the enemy.

Jexx21
09-28-2013, 10:03 PM
Hhhhmmmm.....this....this changes EVERYTHING. God almighty 10 stealth plantation missions with 10+ forts that also can played stealthily. 20+ side-stealth opportunities is like being a kid in a candy shop for me. Oh my, this is really exciting news. Thanks for being the bearer of great news.

uhh.. aren't there only 7 forts.

adventurewomen
09-28-2013, 10:05 PM
I think she means after she took out the fort's defenses and her crew started raiding the fort Frost. You can go in to the fort and head for the captain while your crew is fighting and as long as you don't attract the attention of a guard that isn't in combat, you won't "engage" the enemy.
This is what i mean. :)

Thanks Jexx.

ArabianFrost
09-28-2013, 10:06 PM
uhh.. aren't there only 7 forts.

11 actually.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/08/05/assassins-creed-4-black-flag-naval-fort-gameplay-shown/

ArabianFrost
09-28-2013, 10:08 PM

This is what i mean. :)

Thanks Jexx.

Hmpf! Well, it's not as awesome as full on singular infiltration, but it's good enough for me. At least we have a choice.

pacmanate
09-28-2013, 10:23 PM
Something I find weird is I saw one guy play and he left his ship in the ocean and swam all the way to the fort (I think it was Ali-A), yet his crew were on the fort fighting even though he abandoned the ship.... Unless that was for story purposes as it has that cutscene.

I hope that we can take on an entire fort without our crew.

jayjay275
09-29-2013, 09:35 AM
I hope so too. :)

Sushiglutton
09-29-2013, 11:41 AM
I hope instead that the game will be so fun taht I want to replay it, contrary to AC3 which I just couldn't push myself to play more than once!

lothario-da-be
09-29-2013, 12:07 PM
Something I find weird is I saw one guy play and he left his ship in the ocean and swam all the way to the fort (I think it was Ali-A), yet his crew were on the fort fighting even though he abandoned the ship.... Unless that was for story purposes as it has that cutscene.

I hope that we can take on an entire fort without our crew.
AdventureWoman confirmed that you can stealth play the forts without crew:)