PDA

View Full Version : Thank you, Ezio...

LoyalACFan
09-27-2013, 08:17 PM
... for helping me be an intellectual badass my Art History class :p

Today we were looking at Brunelleschi's architectural work primarily; the Ospedale degli Innocenti, Pazzi Chapel, Basilica di Santa Maria del Fiore, and the Hagia Sophia which inspired the Duomo... and I answered all o dem questions in class :cool:

Have to admit I crack a smile every time I see an AC landmark in a real-world context.

Shahkulu101
09-27-2013, 08:21 PM
haha good stuff. :D

Whenever anything AC related pops up in school - particularly history, I shout out the answers with glee, too. ;)

pirate1802
09-27-2013, 08:24 PM
http://i.imgur.com/FkPF9qy.jpg

Aphex_Tim
09-27-2013, 09:07 PM
... for helping me be an intellectual badass my Art History class :p

Today we were looking at Brunelleschi's architectural work primarily; the Ospedale degli Innocenti, Pazzi Chapel, Basilica di Santa Maria del Fiore, and the Hagia Sophia which inspired the Duomo... and I answered all o dem questions in class :cool:

Have to admit I crack a smile every time I see an AC landmark in a real-world context.

haha good stuff. :D

Whenever anything AC related pops up in school - particularly history, I shout out the answers with glee, too. ;)

It's even better seeing the real thing for yourself.
I'll never forget my trip through Italy. <3

Farlander1991
09-27-2013, 09:18 PM
Without Assassin's Creed I certainly wouldn't have known much about the Renaissance and American Revolution (Third Crusade and the Golden Age of Piracy I was interested in before the AC series was even released).

Shahkulu101
09-27-2013, 09:27 PM
It's even better seeing the real thing for yourself.
I'll never forget my trip through Italy. <3

Yes, I saw your pictures - looks beyond amazing. :)

poptartz20
09-28-2013, 12:22 AM
Technically shouldn't we be thanking ubisoft?

Lol. without them and their writers would be no Ezio! :)

#truestory.

roostersrule2
09-28-2013, 12:25 AM
I got an A because of my friends Ezio and Altair.

MrLoiske
09-28-2013, 02:13 AM
haha,we call him "E shū" which means uncle E in chinese.:D

pirate1802
09-28-2013, 06:39 AM
My first spark in history was ignited by those old day RTS games (Age of Empires, Rise of Nations). Each iteration of those games I played, I'd google about the military units, buildings and civilizations. Later on AC games did that for me. I'd google everything about the characters, places and assassination targets. Games never tell you the most accurate version of history, that's true. But you should never underestimate their ability to get people interested in the real thing!

Kaschra
09-28-2013, 04:37 PM
I had to hold a presentation about the renaissance architecture in my class, and I... took my PS3 with me, connected it with the projector and played AC2 and ACB :'D

I-Like-Pie45
09-28-2013, 04:46 PM
Did you get an F on your presentation? :)

Kaschra
09-28-2013, 05:42 PM
Did you get an F on your presentation? :)
No? Why should I???
I don't even know anyone who ever got an F on a presentation.

I-Like-Pie45
09-28-2013, 06:01 PM
You are instilling in your classmates a false, propagandist belief that all these buildings can be easily scaled like cutting butter. That you can survive a ten story fall by landing in a bale of hay.

What you did to them that day is comparable to North Korean, PRC, and Soviet Russian propaganda

Kaschra
09-28-2013, 06:03 PM
You are instilling in your classmates a false, propagandist belief that all these buildings can be easily scaled like cutting butter. That you can survive a ten story fall by landing in a bale of hay.

What you did to them that day is comparable to North Korean, PRC, and Soviet Russian propaganda
Pfff, not quiet, I didn't perform any leap of faith, so at least they don't believe that xD