PDA

View Full Version : are we all good with black flag?

kane_52
09-27-2013, 03:22 PM
hello :D it's my first day here and I thought i would make something worthwhile. so, did all of you decide?

RatonhnhakeFan
09-27-2013, 03:23 PM
Yes, I will but it, I think the gameplay's gonna be great. Not day 1 most likely though.

kane_52
09-27-2013, 03:24 PM
Yes, I will but it, I think the gameplay's gonna be great. Not day 1 most likely though.

so buying but not day 1? okay, cool :)

ladyleonhart
09-27-2013, 03:27 PM
I pre-ordered ACIV a few months ago.

Yesterday, I was lucky enough to play the demos and I haven't changed my mind about ACIV at all. :)

In my opinion, I think it's going to be one of my favourites. :D

AherasSTRG
09-27-2013, 03:29 PM
Defo a day 1 buy for me.

pirate1802
09-27-2013, 04:15 PM
It sucks. Ubisoft made Pirate's Creed. I'll never forgive them. :(

roostersrule2
09-27-2013, 04:23 PM
It sucks. Ubisoft made Pirate's Creed. I'll never forgive them. :(The only way to win back me as a customer would be if they made either a fully Desmond game or a WWII game.

kane_52
09-27-2013, 04:24 PM
It sucks. Ubisoft made Pirate's Creed. I'll never forgive them. :(

I understand your concern :) but really, the addition of ships is just like any other new addition to the ac games in the past. did the gun make ac ii a shooter for example? these are all just additions to keep the experience fresh and if you take some more time and look past the pirates and ships, you'll see that ac is still there :D

I hope you don't think that i'm forcefully trying to change your opinion, i'm just sharing mine :)

adventurewomen
09-27-2013, 04:25 PM
Pre-Ordered! :D

ArabianFrost
09-27-2013, 04:25 PM
I understand your concern :) but really, the addition of ships is just like any other new addition to the ac games in the past. did the gun make ac ii a shooter for example? these are all just additions to keep the experience fresh and if you take some more time and look past the pirates and ships, you'll see that ac is still there :D

I hope you don't think that i'm trying to change your opinion, i'm just sharing mine :)

He's joking. That guy is actually really excited for the pirates. His name is pirate.

kane_52
09-27-2013, 04:26 PM
I pre-ordered ACIV a few months ago.

Yesterday, I was lucky enough to play the demos and I haven't changed my mind about ACIV at all. :)

In my opinion, I think it's going to be one of my favourites. :D

you're so lucky to have played the demos, I hope you enjoyed them :)

kane_52
09-27-2013, 04:27 PM
He's joking. That guy is actually really excited for the pirates. His name is pirate.

lmao, well my bad then. I didn't even notice his name, sorry XD

pirate1802
09-27-2013, 04:51 PM
The only way to win back me as a customer would be if they made either a fully Desmond game or a WWII game.

Indeed. They killed off such a charismatic and well-developed character like that. I was actually crying.

I'll never forgive you.

I hope you don't think that i'm forcefully trying to change your opinion, i'm just sharing mine :)

I preordered Black Flag months ago. I was just trying to mimic the prevalent mindset that was here when it was first revealed. :p

BATISTABUS
09-27-2013, 04:55 PM
Preordered the US Limited Edition from Amazon for the Xbox 360.

pacmanate
09-27-2013, 05:19 PM
Pre Ordered the PS4 version whenever that became available.

No super uber edition this year as the PS4 costs 350 and the game costs 50.

I am not loaded

Dag_B
09-27-2013, 05:43 PM
Preordered Black Chest Edition a while ago.

roostersrule2
09-27-2013, 05:46 PM
I haven't figured out what to get it for, I could wait 2 months and maybe get it at Christmas for the PS4 or have it on release for my 360.

I'll probably go with my Xbox, but I'm still not 100%.

Locopells
09-27-2013, 05:48 PM
Pre-ordered ages ago, but gonna try and win the Black Chest Edition...

ze_topazio
09-27-2013, 06:07 PM
Yeah, we're cool.

Not pre-ordering because i don't do such things.

DisbandedBox359
09-27-2013, 06:20 PM
Pre-ordered Black Chest edition as soon I could.

AnthonyA85
09-27-2013, 06:30 PM
I have not yet pre-ordered, though I might, (I'm waiting to see if they do another Digital Deluxe Edition), or i might go for the Buccaneer edition (no way i'm paying for the Black Chest, even if it was still available), Or i might just go ahead and buy the standard edition and just buy all the DLC sepperately as its released on uplay.

misterB2001
09-27-2013, 06:49 PM
ok so i had no intention of pre-ordering ever again after the debacle that was AC3.

But after months of what looks to be very satisfying improvements and a visible intention to improve stealth i've given in and ordered the Digital PS3 edition (which i got for 41) knowing that i'll get the next gen version for a tenner when my PS4 arrives!!!! Bonus!

lothario-da-be
09-27-2013, 07:17 PM
Pre-ordered black chest edition! In the end AC3's dissapointment wasn't stronger then my love for AC.:)

SixKeys
09-27-2013, 07:28 PM
Buying, not pre-ordering.

Dutchman141
09-27-2013, 07:31 PM
Pre-ordered about two months ago.

Started playing AC games about three months ago and was sold after a couple hours.
Personaly I think AC4 will be my favourite, the setting it's in and the naval gameplay are excactly what I hoped would come someday, the perfect pirate game !!

LoyalACFan
09-27-2013, 07:45 PM
Preordered.

Told myself I wasn't going to after AC3, but I dunno, this one feels a lot better. Whereas I was hyped for the idea of AC3, not having seen anything specific pre-release to get me excited but rather trusting them to deliver, I'm actually hyped for tangible things about Black Flag. Boarding ships looks like a ton of fun, and the Caribbean setting appeals to me far more than the Colonial Northwest ever did. If it turns out to be another misfire, though, well... We'll see.

Hans684
09-27-2013, 08:42 PM
To anyone who 'gave up' on the series after AC3, if AC is the worst AC so far then any new sequal can top it.

FrankieSatt
09-27-2013, 08:52 PM
I might play it, it won't be day 1 and it will only be when the XBox one version is in the Bargin Bin and I get an XBox One. So MAYBE Spring of next year.

Shahkulu101
09-27-2013, 08:52 PM
Buying, hopefully.

Shahkulu101
09-27-2013, 08:56 PM
I might play it, it won't be day 1 and it will only be when the XBox one version is in the Bargin Bin and I get an XBox One. So MAYBE Spring of next year.

I know your concerns that it's 'Pirates Creed" is holding you back. Now, I'm not going to argue about that - but even if you believe that it still looks like the most fun AC yet. That for me warrants a one day purchase. Not trying to change your opinion and decision of course.

Aphex_Tim
09-27-2013, 08:59 PM
Buying. The only reason I haven't pre-ordered is because I want to play it first on PS4, and it'll probably be quite a while until i actually get my hands on a PS4.

FrankieSatt
09-27-2013, 11:47 PM
I know your concerns that it's 'Pirates Creed" is holding you back. Now, I'm not going to argue about that - but even if you believe that it still looks like the most fun AC yet. That for me warrants a one day purchase. Not trying to change your opinion and decision of course.

I'm trying to convince myself to buy the game for the Pirate theme only and ship play but I'm not sure if that is enough to spend $60 on much less $20 in the bargain bin.

Shahkulu101
09-27-2013, 11:50 PM
I'm trying to convince myself to buy the game for the Pirate theme only and ship play but I'm not sure if that is enough to spend $60 on much less $20 in the bargain bin.

I suppose - the pirate theme is at large, so if it's consistent and full of quality, which it looks from the demo's, then I'd say it's worth a purchase. The assassin elements are also at large and look great too, by the way.

The assassination contracts for example are back to AC2/ACB style.

poptartz20
09-28-2013, 12:00 AM
Urgh... I'll be buying it more than likely. I was going to pre-order it but I want the Limited Edition now after everything. :| so good bye $130 USD.

then again just depends on how I feel.

Either way I'll be owning it! I love the damn Kenway saga too much not to. lol. -- I sold all my Ezio games. haha. I regret that almost never. ( I do want to go back and play them though)

realnewyork718
09-30-2013, 02:56 PM
ACIII was the first game I played from the whole series and I really enjoyed it, so I'll definitely be buying this one as well.

Jexx21
09-30-2013, 03:49 PM
pre-ordering once paypal gives me my money