PDA

View Full Version : Played Black flag at eurogamer today

ctuagent15
09-26-2013, 10:12 PM
I played all three of the black flag demos today at eurogamer, I'm still in London so no laptop but when I get home I'll let you know my thoughts about it, if there is anything you would like to know just ask,
I will say it looked really good, the sea looks great. The sailings really good , you feel like your on a ship with your crew shouting orders to each other.
trying to write on my iPhone is annoying so I'll write a proper report when I get home.

SixKeys
09-26-2013, 10:14 PM
Did you only play naval demos or was there city/jungle exploration as well? How's the guard AI compared to AC3?

pacmanate
09-26-2013, 10:16 PM
As SixKeys asked, what demos were there?

ctuagent15
09-26-2013, 10:28 PM
All three of them, the ones they have shown on YouTube
the open world demo
the assassination demo
the navy fort demo
they are the only demos they have
as for the AI, on the whole it seems better but there was a few little glitches
But as the ubisoft rep said the demos are from a early build so hopefully they should be sorted by the time it comes out, I'll go into more detail when I get home

ze_topazio
09-26-2013, 11:15 PM
Is it good?

Cosmic_Rooster
09-26-2013, 11:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yg6kXY7dPQQ

pacmanate
09-26-2013, 11:36 PM
As if THIS is a stalking zone. You would have to be blind not to see him.

http://i.imgur.com/VBcJCnl.jpg

adventurewomen
09-26-2013, 11:37 PM
I played AC4 demos at Eurogamer as well!! Today! :D

Where was the 3rd? I only got to play the main AC4 demo along with the Nviida exclusive version!

ze_topazio
09-26-2013, 11:39 PM

See who?

ze_topazio
09-26-2013, 11:40 PM
I should get my ship and go to London too.

TheHumanTowel
09-26-2013, 11:41 PM

Now that's more like AC3. Shame I thought they seemed to have sorted out stalking zones being ridiculously sparse. Maybe it's on current gen but even so that's pretty bad.

pacmanate
09-26-2013, 11:48 PM
Now that's more like AC3. Shame I thought they seemed to have sorted out stalking zones being ridiculously sparse. Maybe it's on current gen but even so that's pretty bad.

It's Eurogamer footage from Today played on the PS4 :|

adventurewomen
09-26-2013, 11:50 PM
^ There was also an nVida AC4 exclusive, the PC graphics look amazing!! The best version graphically! :D

pacmanate
09-26-2013, 11:52 PM
^ There was also an nVida AC4 exclusive, the PC graphics look amazing!! The best version graphically! :D

Yeah we know the PC version will look better haha. We were just saying how that stalking zone is ****.

Jexx21
09-26-2013, 11:54 PM
Maybe you can be detected more easily from that stalking zone...

Who knows?

pacmanate
09-26-2013, 11:55 PM

Who knows?

And who cares? The two plant things are his shoulder width apart. That is a MASSIVE distance.

TheHumanTowel
09-26-2013, 11:56 PM

Who knows?
http://www.reactionface.info/sites/default/files/imagecache/Node_Page/images/1311603778372.jpg

Jexx21
09-26-2013, 11:57 PM
And who cares? The two plant things are his shoulder width apart. That is a MASSIVE distance.

And who cares? it doesn't matter at all. Did you see the other stalking zones where you can't even see a tiny bit of Edward?

Jexx21
09-26-2013, 11:57 PM
http://www.reactionface.info/sites/default/files/imagecache/Node_Page/images/1311603778372.jpg

why are you always such an asshat

TheHumanTowel
09-26-2013, 11:59 PM
why are you always such an asshat
It's Harrison Ford's fault.

silvermercy
09-27-2013, 12:02 AM
I thought they said the demo is earlier version. The stalking zone could be thin due to that (or it could be location-specific...like being close to the sea and ships...?)

CU on Sunday there Alex! :D I can't wait to play the PC version! Sounds really good!

adventurewomen
09-27-2013, 12:19 AM
CU on Sunday there Alex! :D I can't wait to play the PC version! Sounds really good!
See you also there, my friend! :D

PC version is the best! :D

THe PS4 version looked alright but the controls were a little bit annoying! xD

LoyalACFan
09-27-2013, 12:21 AM
It's ONE stalking zone... hardly a deal-breaker when all the others we've seen have been dense enough to reasonably conceal him.

Legendz54
09-27-2013, 12:31 AM
Havent got time to watch the vid but by the looks of it its the same jungle demo.. I need to know are Jungles linear or open world?

adventurewomen
09-27-2013, 12:32 AM
Havent got time to watch the vid but by the looks of it its the same jungle demo.. I need to know are Jungles linear or open world?
Everything was open world and seamless! :D

Well except for during missions of course, and within reason.

Legendz54
09-27-2013, 12:45 AM
Everything was open world and seamless! :D

Well except for during missions of course, and within reason.

Ahhhhhhh... Excellent.

SixKeys
09-27-2013, 12:50 AM
Lol, 2 blades of grass together = "stalking zone". :rolleyes:

Man, I wish we could dive deeper everywhere, not just in designated diving areas. The water looks so amazing when Edward is swimming. I would just spend half my time swimming around.

I know we've seen most of this footage before, but I really like the stealth options so far. I like that guards don't immediately start a chase as soon as they spot you, but don't directly go back to being non-suspicious after they've lost sight of you either. From the looks of it, replaying memories will be more enjoyable now that you have more approach choices.

9:52 - it's ridiculous how long the guards wait for Edward to finish his kill animation. :/ Julien du Casse is all chill like "take your time, I'll just be over here".

I also still don't like the amount of HUD elements. Do we really need a big, red icon above each guard when they've been hit with a dart or when Edward picks up an Animus fragment?

RatonhnhakeFan
09-27-2013, 02:32 AM
D-pad to select weapons? I don't get why they're trying to reinvent the wheel, just put it on analog stick, it's the best way

LoyalACFan
09-27-2013, 03:42 AM
D-pad to select weapons? I don't get why they're trying to reinvent the wheel, just put it on analog stick, it's the best way

I disagree, having to physically pull up the weapon wheel, pause the action, and scroll through every inane useless tool to find what you're after was terrible. Besides, the d-pad was already used for weapon select anyway, so now they can map something else to R2.

roostersrule2
09-27-2013, 03:50 AM
I disagree, having to physically pull up the weapon wheel, pause the action, and scroll through every inane useless tool to find what you're after was terrible. Besides, the d-pad was already used for weapon select anyway, so now they can map something else to R2.Indeed, it seems like a better system.

pacmanate
09-27-2013, 08:22 AM

That's one of the best parts! It means no pausing.

EllJim
09-27-2013, 10:35 AM
IS it only next gen that is playable. I am not going, but I wondered what the current gen (360) looked like. Anyone seen any video or screenies/ comparison?

Might get it for my pc later but I do enjoy the big screen for ac.

pirate1802
09-27-2013, 10:35 AM
Yeah.. AC3's weapon wheel (more like screen) was bad.

adventurewomen
09-27-2013, 10:40 AM
IS it only next gen that is playable. I am not going, but I wondered what the current gen (360) looked like. Anyone seen any video or screenies/ comparison?

Might get it for my pc later but I do enjoy the big screen for ac.
Because I've been to Eurogamer yesterday, I can answer this for you.

Only PS4 and PC versions are available to play at Eurogamer. The 360 version will look dated compared to the PC, PS4 & XONE that's inevitable.

AC4 PC version looks the most beautiful.

JarekKorczynski
09-27-2013, 10:46 AM
AC4 PC version looks the most beautiful.

If it really does, then, suddenly I'd be not that much unhappy with the PC version delay anymore :)

adventurewomen
09-27-2013, 10:54 AM
If it really does, then, suddenly I'd be not that much unhappy with the PC version delay anymore :)
Obviously the PC version really does, the PC hardware is the latest and PS4 & XONE hardware is a few years older slightly outdated.

The PC version will always be superior than console versions of games.

EllJim
09-27-2013, 11:50 AM
Issues for me are the controls, and screen I'll but it later when it's cheap after completing it on 360 (also allows my scores to continue on initiates.)

thanks for the response though

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
09-27-2013, 11:54 AM
Glad to hear you enjoyed the demos :)

We are showing three demos;

Ubisoft stand
NVIDIA stand
Sony stand

If you have picked up the Ace of Spades card please join in with the discussion here http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/796508-Black-flag-Ace-of-Spades-Discussion-thread-and-Ship-list

MIGHTY399740
09-27-2013, 01:18 PM
Obviously the PC version really does, the PC hardware is the latest and PS4 & XONE hardware is a few years older slightly outdated.

The PC version will always be superior than console versions of games.
Do you have some PC footage? Please?

pacmanate
09-27-2013, 02:00 PM

Well it could be horribly optimized still.

Do you have some PC footage? Please?

There is PC footage on the internet.

poptartz20
09-27-2013, 02:20 PM
that all sounds great! Can't wait until the 30th! :)

also -- *cries* I wish I could attend Eurogamer as well to hang out with some of poeples.

Have fun Silver and Alex! :)

pacmanate
09-27-2013, 02:22 PM

also -- *cries* I wish I could attend Eurogamer as well to hang out with some of poeples.

WHo the hell is Alex?

roostersrule2
09-27-2013, 02:25 PM
WHo the hell is Alex?http://nimg.sulekha.com/others/original700/alex-amancio-2011-6-6-20-40-42.jpg

Shahkulu101
09-27-2013, 02:27 PM
http://nimg.sulekha.com/others/original700/alex-amancio-2011-6-6-20-40-42.jpg

Ahhh! Quick - someone christen the thread!

adventurewomen
09-27-2013, 02:28 PM

:D

WHo the hell is Alex?
Just an FYI.. My name is Alexandria!

silvermercy
09-27-2013, 02:42 PM
WHo the hell is Alex?
That's adventurewomen's middle (?) name if I'm not mistaken. ^^

I wish you were there! We'd have the ultimate Ubiforum girl club! lol :D

roostersrule2
09-27-2013, 02:44 PM
Ahhh! Quick - someone christen the thread!I liked Amancio though.

andreycvetov
09-27-2013, 02:48 PM
So i wanna ask about the combat and the ai in it?was it any good?how does it feel with the two swords?

adventurewomen
09-27-2013, 02:51 PM
That's adventurewomen's middle (?) name if I'm not mistaken. ^^

Yeah Alexandria is my middle name!

I wish that Lonna could be there with us as well! That would be great a Ubiforum girl club! :D

ladyleonhart
09-27-2013, 02:55 PM
I played the ACIV PS4 demos yesterday at Eurogamer. :) ACIV looks amazing, of course. :D

The naval gameplay demo showcased ACIV's open world perfectly. :D The other demo I played was an assassination demo which begins in the jungle. I'm quite sure we have seen this demo before and I was told that it was quite an old demo.

As for playing the demos, the PS4 controller really threw me. :confused: However, I did really enjoy playing the demos. :D

Well, I've highlighted a few things I found when playing the demos below. I've put these in a spoiler tag since some people might not want to know about the demos yet if they are going to Eurogamer.

Regarding the PS4 controller, free-run is set to R2, which really confused me, and the touchpad is in place of the absent start and select buttons. Also, the PS4 controller did seem rather sensitive to me in terms of moving Edward and the camera angles.

The ship now has "travel speed". When this is selected, the camera zooms out and you can see the entire ship on screen. Icons that I noticed included a person swimming which represented an opportunity to recruit a crew member. I managed to get the crew to sing but this can only be initiated outside of battle, but they did continue singing as I was approached by an enemy ship.

In my opinion, combat is more difficult, which makes stealth seem like the better option. However, perhaps this will become easier when you upgrade Edward's equipment. You have sleep and berserk darts, these work for a set amount of time and their effect wears off quite quickly. Also, I'm not 100% sure, but I think Edward stands up to use the darts when he is in a stalking zone. There is an enemy with an axe like the Grenadiers who can deplete your health in one hit. Health actually seems like it recharges very slowly and only when you are out of battle and out of sight. The D-pad is used to select your weapons. From playing the demo, I actually miss the weapon wheel. o_0; Edward's equipment is listed in a line which still requires you to scroll through to the desired piece of equipment. I think a second tier below also includes any additional equipment, such as Edward's dual swords, which I couldn't actually find at first. However, I think it is something that we'll get used to since we'll be able to start at the beginning when we actually play the game. So I don't believe it will be a problem at all.

Overall, I'm really looking forward to it and it looks like it's going to be great. :D

ArabianFrost
09-27-2013, 02:59 PM
I played the ACIV PS4 demos yesterday at Eurogamer. :) ACIV looks amazing, of course. :D

The naval gameplay demo showcased ACIV's open world perfectly. :D The other demo I played was an assassination demo which begins in the jungle. I'm quite sure we have seen this demo before and I was told that it was quite an old demo.

As for playing the demos, the PS4 controller really threw me. :confused: However, I did really enjoy playing the demos. :D

Well, I've highlighted a few things I found when playing the demos below. I've put these in a spoiler tag since some people might not want to know about the demos yet if they are going to Eurogamer.

Regarding the PS4 controller, free-run is set to R2, which really confused me, and the touchpad is in place of the absent start and select buttons. Also, the PS4 controller did seem rather sensitive to me in terms of moving Edward and the camera angles.

The ship now has "travel speed". When this is selected, the camera zooms out and you can see the entire ship on screen. Icons that I noticed included a person swimming which represented an opportunity to recruit a crew member. I managed to get the crew to sing but this can only be initiated outside of battle, but they did continue singing as I was approached by an enemy ship.

In my opinion, combat is more difficult, which makes stealth seem like the better option. However, perhaps this will become easier when you upgrade Edward's equipment. You have sleep and berserk darts, these work for a set amount of time and their effect wears off quite quickly. Also, I'm not 100% sure, but I think Edward stands up to use the darts when he is in a stalking zone. There is an enemy with an axe like the Grenadiers who can deplete your health in one hit. Health actually seems like it recharges very slowly and only when you are out of battle and out of sight. The D-pad is used to select your weapons. From playing the demo, I actually miss the weapon wheel. o_0; Edward's equipment is listed in a line which still requires you to scroll through to the desired piece of equipment. I think a second tier below also includes any additional equipment, such as Edward's dual swords, which I couldn't actually find at first. However, I think it is something that we'll get used to since we'll be able to start at the beginning when we actually play the game. So I don't believe it will be a problem at all.

Overall, I'm really looking forward to it and it looks like it's going to be great. :D

At last. Thanks for the detailed impressions. This is of great help.

While we're at it, there was a hands-on impression back a while that stated that combat feels "slower" which in exchange makes it more difficult. Is that correct and was the combat truly difficult or did it just need a minute or two to get the hang of it.

ladyleonhart
09-27-2013, 03:32 PM
At last. Thanks for the detailed impressions. This is of great help.

While we're at it, there was a hands-on impression back a while that stated that combat feels "slower" which in exchange makes it more difficult. Is that correct and was the combat truly difficult or did it just need a minute or two to get the hang of it.

You're welcome. :) I'm glad I could help.

Well, I think a lot of people were actually running away from battle and they were also being encouraged to avoid engaging the enemy. I was actually told that so far only one person had completed the demo without being detected at all and without ever being desynchronized. Also, that particular person only ever killed one person which was the assassination target. Additionally, regarding combat, I have never had any trouble with ACIII at all and I find ACIII to be easy. In comparison, playing ACIV felt like you had to be a lot more careful in combat and I did actually run away from some enemies. So in my opinion, the combat is less forgiving. As I said though, maybe it will become a lot easier if you upgrade Edward's weapons / equipment. If that is the case, it would certainly encourage you to explore to find the appropriate items, as well as giving you a reason to take part in the hunting and crafting aspects of ACIV.

AnthonyA85
09-27-2013, 03:38 PM
Sounds really interesting, the only thing i'm not too keen on is the possibility of Edward standing up to shoot the blowpipe like his mentally ******ed chimp of a Grandson does in the Frontier when shooting someone (or something) with the bow.

I mean, WHY? It blows cover! Renders the whole point of attacking at distance from a hiding spot a moot point and guarantees detection. Connor did this all the time, (with fatal consequences when predators are around), it's one of the reasons i almost never used stalking zones for anything other than a substitute for hay carts in the frontier.

I really hope they've changed that since the demo builds.

[/END_RANT]

Anyway.....the video posted earlier in the thread looks good, (at least the guy wasn't as bad as the first journalist at gamescom reputedly was), though i'm not sure how closely i'm going to stick to the full synch objectives, I think i might just ignore them entirely. They really need to go back to the AC2/AC1 synch system.

adventurewomen
09-27-2013, 03:44 PM

Well, I think a lot of people were actually running away from battle and they were also being encouraged to avoid engaging the enemy. I was actually told that so far only one person had completed the demo without being detected at all and without ever being desynchronized. Also, that particular person only ever killed one person which was the assassination target. Additionally, regarding combat, I have never had any trouble with ACIII at all and I find ACIII to be easy. In comparison, playing ACIV felt like you had to be a lot more careful in combat and I did actually run away from some enemies. So in my opinion, the combat is less forgiving. As I said though, maybe it will become a lot easier if you upgrade Edward's weapons / equipment. If that is the case, it would certainly encourage you to explore to find the appropriate items, as well as giving you a reason to take part in the hunting and crafting aspects of ACIV.
That was me! I like to play stealthy! :D

Nice review Lady! I'll be writing one up after a second playthroughs of the Demo's I'll be going again on Sunday my friend he can't make it there so he gave me his ticket! :D

ArabianFrost
09-27-2013, 03:45 PM

Music to my ears.

I also think mr.woodex found his equal rival.

Anywho, a bit away from the demo, but do you think AC4 is building up to be a strong contender in the GOTY scene? I don't know why, but I have great faith in that game.

ArabianFrost
09-27-2013, 03:46 PM

Nice review Lady! I'll be writing one up after a second playthroughs of the Demo's I'll be going again on Sunday my friend he can't make it there so he gave me his ticket! :D

You're the fabled stealth master? WOHOO Alex. That's awesome. Was it challenging?

pirate1802
09-27-2013, 04:17 PM
Haha imagine you approaching an enemy ship with your crew singing and boozing. What a merry buncha fellows

Wolfmeister1010
09-27-2013, 04:18 PM
T the people worried about Edward standing up in stalkingzones: the demos are early builds, and ash has confirmed on twitter that he will remain n the bushes when using the blowpipe. Also, Leon or Alex: how good is the stealt? If only one person made it without being detected, the that worries me. PS: u guys miss me?

pirate1802
09-27-2013, 04:19 PM
If only one person made it without being detected, the that worries me

On the contrary, that sets my heart at ease.

ArabianFrost
09-27-2013, 04:21 PM
On the contrary, that sets my heart at ease.

Exactly. It means the stealth isn't set to super easy mode.

adventurewomen
09-27-2013, 04:24 PM
You're the fabled stealth master? WOHOO Alex. That's awesome. Was it challenging?
Indeed I am! :D

Yes it was a challenge, enjoyed every moment of it! :D

Wolfmeister1010
09-27-2013, 04:26 PM
Exactly. It means the stealth isn't set to super easy mode.

Could also mean its on super impossible mode liKe AC3

Wolfmeister1010
09-27-2013, 04:27 PM
Indeed I am! :D

Yes it was a challenge, enjoyed every moment of it! :D

I LOVE your profile pic

ArabianFrost
09-27-2013, 04:28 PM
Could also mean its on super impossible mode liKe AC3

Challenging stealth and frustrating stealth are two different things. Alex seems to have enjoyed the stealth, so I'm guessing it's not frustrating.

roostersrule2
09-27-2013, 04:29 PM
Could also mean its on super impossible mode liKe AC3AC3's problem was that it was linear, it either had no stealth or complete stealth, obviously there were a few that gave you options but they were in the minority.

Stealth should be hard, it makes the pay off so much better.

Wolfmeister1010
09-27-2013, 04:31 PM
Ah okay. Thanks guys I get it now

adventurewomen
09-27-2013, 04:33 PM
I LOVE your profile pic
Thanks, I love his expression in that pic! DAYUM! <3

ladyleonhart
09-27-2013, 04:47 PM
T the people worried about Edward standing up in stalkingzones: the demos are early builds, and ash has confirmed on twitter that he will remain n the bushes when using the blowpipe. Also, Leon or Alex: how good is the stealt? If only one person made it without being detected, the that worries me. PS: u guys miss me?

Thanks for the information, Wolf. :) That's good to know. I was a little concerned, but not enough to make me change my mind about it. ;)

I think the stealth is challenging, but there are a number of ways to approach the situation and it definitely makes you think about the best way. :)

Welcome back. :)

ladyleonhart
09-27-2013, 05:05 PM

That's really great. :D Well done. :)

Thank you. :) Have fun on Sunday!

pacmanate
09-27-2013, 05:17 PM
Sounds really interesting, the only thing i'm not too keen on is the possibility of Edward standing up to shoot the blowpipe like his mentally ******ed chimp of a Grandson does in the Frontier when shooting someone (or something) with the bow.

I mean, WHY? It blows cover! Renders the whole point of attacking at distance from a hiding spot a moot point and guarantees detection. Connor did this all the time, (with fatal consequences when predators are around), it's one of the reasons i almost never used stalking zones for anything other than a substitute for hay carts in the frontier.

I really hope they've changed that since the demo builds.

[/END_RANT]

Anyway.....the video posted earlier in the thread looks good, (at least the guy wasn't as bad as the first journalist at gamescom reputedly was), though i'm not sure how closely i'm going to stick to the full synch objectives, I think i might just ignore them entirely. They really need to go back to the AC2/AC1 synch system.

You can shoot without standing up. From what I could tell, pressing triangle makes Edward stand up, but free aiming keeps him hidden

AidenPixxel
09-27-2013, 05:23 PM
You can shoot without standing up. From what I could tell, pressing triangle makes Edward stand up, but free aiming keeps him hidden

Yes that's the case

zeo6016
09-27-2013, 05:46 PM
hey guyz im new here :) i was wondering for people who tried the demos , is it possible for edward to leave the wheel in the middle of the ocean and wander in the ship and jump swimming in the water anywhere ?? or just attached to the wheel till go near land ??

roostersrule2
09-27-2013, 05:51 PM
hey guyz im new here :) i was wondering for people who tried the demos , is it possible for edward to leave the wheel in the middle of the ocean and wander in the ship and jump swimming in the water anywhere ?? or just attached to the wheel till go near land ??Hi, I didn't play the demos but I'm pretty sure in one of the demos Ubisoft released on to Youtube Brock says that one thing they wanted to emphasize is the seamlessness and freedom; part of that is being able to stop the ship and just swim around and hop onto some islands.

AnthonyA85
09-27-2013, 06:06 PM
O_O

Ok, so I was just looking at the eurogamer page (just taking a look to see exactly what was going on, and if they were still selling tickets, but they're not :(), and my dad walks in, looks at the screen and says "That's this weekend isn't it?"

I said "yeah, started yesterday.",

he said "We'll have to go to one of those some time, or next year, if you're up for it."

I was like 'what?! You mean you would have taken me THIS year?!' (London is quite a drive away from where I live, which is why I never considered buying a ticket *sighs*)

then I said "What? You're serious?" he said "yeah, i would have tried to book time off work."

*sighs* Now i'm depressed, and a little pissed off.....I hope next year's AC game is just as good as Black Flag is looking to be, otherwise i'm really gonna feel like i missed out on something unique. I didn't get the chance to see a live demo of AC3 in Meadowhall last year, but if i'd known that I could have gone down to eurogamer this year, i would have gone.....Frag.....

zeo6016
09-27-2013, 06:09 PM
Hi, I didn't play the demos but I'm pretty sure in one of the demos Ubisoft released on to Youtube Brock says that one thing they wanted to emphasize is the seamlessness and freedom; part of that is being able to stop the ship and just swim around and hop onto some islands.

maybe , but if it would be possible then u can easily jump in the water and swim in sea storms and high waves :D ???

ze_topazio
09-27-2013, 06:14 PM
O_O

Ok, so I was just looking at the eurogamer page (just taking a look to see exactly what was going on, and if they were still selling tickets, but they're not :(), and my dad walks in, looks at the screen and says "That's this weekend isn't it?"

I said "yeah, started yesterday.",

he said "We'll have to go to one of those some time, or next year, if you're up for it."

I was like 'what?! You mean you would have taken me THIS year?!' (London is quite a drive away from where I live, which is why I never considered buying a ticket *sighs*)

then I said "What? You're serious?" he said "yeah, i would have tried to book time off work."

*sighs* Now i'm depressed, and a little pissed off.....I hope next year's AC game is just as good as Black Flag is looking to be, otherwise i'm really gonna feel like i missed out on something unique. I didn't get the chance to see a live demo of AC3 in Meadowhall last year, but if i'd known that I could have gone down to eurogamer this year, i would have gone.....Frag.....

After playing so many AC games you should have the necessary skills to infiltrate the place without a ticket.

AnthonyA85
09-27-2013, 06:22 PM
maybe, but i couldn't have gotten there myself :P, i can't drive

adventurewomen
09-27-2013, 06:28 PM
maybe, but i couldn't have gotten there myself :P, i can't drive
You can't perform a leap of faith? That's one of the most basic moves in AC!

AnthonyA85
09-27-2013, 06:36 PM
I have no depth perception and limited peripheral vision (my vision is F'ed up, which is why I hated the QTEs in AC3 so much, because for me, they were gamebreakers), so no, not legally safe for me to drive, i'd either kil myself or someone else.

But I am quite annoyed that I could have gone to eurogamer this year, if I'd asked (I asked if i could go see the AC3 demo last year in Sheffield, which was the closest venue, and got "No" as a response, which is why i never said anything this year.

who-can-i-be
09-27-2013, 06:51 PM
I should get my ship and go to London too.

*snort* Peasant, I'm taking my fleet.

Seriously though, not bad. I'm a fan of the multi-layered design, not a fan of the seemingly "less restrictive" optional objectives.

adventurewomen
09-27-2013, 06:59 PM
I have no depth perception and limited peripheral vision (my vision is F'ed up, which is why I hated the QTEs in AC3 so much, because for me, they were gamebreakers), so no, not legally safe for me to drive, i'd either kil myself or someone else.

But I am quite annoyed that I could have gone to eurogamer this year, if I'd asked (I asked if i could go see the AC3 demo last year in Sheffield, which was the closest venue, and got "No" as a response, which is why i never said anything this year.
Sorry to hear that, I hope you're alright.

The AC3 demo last year was at Earls Court London, I was there as well last year. Also the same venue for this year as well.

AnthonyA85
09-27-2013, 07:08 PM
Yeah, i'm fine :) I've been visually impaired most of my life, (happened when i was 4, i'm nearly 29), so i'm used to it.

Well, hopefully, I'll get to go next year (and hopefully, the Next AC game will be worth the trip.), anyways, i only have to wait 3 more months before i can play it (no matter when i get it, i won't get to play it until christmas day :P)

zeo6016
09-27-2013, 07:30 PM
I played all three of the black flag demos today at eurogamer, I'm still in London so no laptop but when I get home I'll let you know my thoughts about it, if there is anything you would like to know just ask,
I will say it looked really good, the sea looks great. The sailings really good , you feel like your on a ship with your crew shouting orders to each other.
trying to write on my iPhone is annoying so I'll write a proper report when I get home.

can edward leave the wheel anywhere and go wandering in the jackdaw or jump to swim in the middle of ocean where no land is around ??? or u r just attached to it till u go near land ??

AnthonyA85
09-27-2013, 07:51 PM
We can let go of the wheel any time we want (except during combat) and can even leave the ship where ever and whenever we want, since there are harpooning zones (which are no where near any land) and, except for the really big prey, we'll be in a small boat for that, and then there's the diving zones around underwater shipwrecks and near caves. And I think it has been said that Edward's cabin on the Jackdaw is like the AC hideouts from previous games, you can go in there to craft things, send your ships out on contracts, that sort of thing, as for going below deck, i don't think that's been confirmed yet.

LoyalACFan
09-27-2013, 08:25 PM
as for going below deck, i don't think that's been confirmed yet.

It was actually confirmed a while back that you CAN'T go below decks (at least not in free-roam, there might be a mission or something where you do) but the captain's quarters are accessible.

ctuagent15
09-27-2013, 11:06 PM
wow nine pages already, I'm back home now so I'll give a proper write up soon but the game looks really good from how the demos.played

can edward leave the wheel anywhere and go wandering in the jackdaw or jump to swim in the middle of ocean where no land is around ??? or u r just attached to it till u go near land ??
Yes you can, I did it, the nice thing is if you do jump off the ship your crew will comment on it, when I jumped off I heard one say something like the captains gone for a swim,
As I said I'll write a report of what I thought of each demo And post It over the weekend. It's been a long journey home so I'm very tired tonight.

MadJC1986
09-27-2013, 11:19 PM
We can let go of the wheel any time we want (except during combat) and can even leave the ship where ever and whenever we want, since there are harpooning zones (which are no where near any land) and, except for the really big prey, we'll be in a small boat for that, and then there's the diving zones around underwater shipwrecks and near caves. And I think it has been said that Edward's cabin on the Jackdaw is like the AC hideouts from previous games, you can go in there to craft things, send your ships out on contracts, that sort of thing, as for going below deck, i don't think that's been confirmed yet.

So how does harpooning work with "really big prey"? If not on the small boat, how does it work?

AnthonyA85
09-27-2013, 11:32 PM
I've not played the demos, because i haven't gone to eurogamer, but for things like blue whales (which can be 100 ft long) we'd throw the harpoons from the bow of the Jackdaw. Can you imagine trying to harpoon a blue whale from that tiny boat? It'd be the final scene from Moby **** all over again :P

poptartz20
09-27-2013, 11:37 PM

You would be correct! :)

poptartz20
09-28-2013, 12:01 AM
speaking of which did you guys get to board ships and loot them!?

We really would have! :(:

that would be mixed emotions! lol!

RatonhnhakeFan
09-28-2013, 12:23 AM
I disagree, having to physically pull up the weapon wheel, pause the action, and scroll through every inane useless tool to find what you're after was terrible. Besides, the d-pad was already used for weapon select anyway, so now they can map something else to R2.

When did I ever say it should be done like in AC3? It shouldn't. But it should be done like in ACR. Fastest and most useful weapon wheel selection in the series. With D-pad in AC4, you will have to click arrows several times to get to some weapons that are on the most far right/left or top/down of the weapon cross. With the weapon wheel (NOT the AC3 arc), analog stick would make it instant

SixKeys
09-28-2013, 03:09 AM
Weapon selection worked fine in Tomb Raider (2013) and I believe on consoles it was done via the D-pad. (I played it with KB+M, so not sure.) If AC4's weapon selection works the same, it shouldn't be a problem.

MrLoiske
09-28-2013, 03:31 AM
I was told you can't dive everywhere, just diving zones

Rugterwyper32
09-28-2013, 03:39 AM
I personally really like where the new weapon selection is going. The D-pad finally has more of a use and I had been wanting the return of it since AC1. If the D-Pad is just gonna serve the same purpose as a simplified weapon wheel, it feels rather worthless. And with more moves being added, that's a way to add some extra buttons that could very well be needed.
As for the issues with it, I still think that it'd be easier if each direction was used for each kind of weapons rather than having to just go back and forth, but hey, it looks like an improvement over the weapon wheel.

RatonhnhakeFan
09-28-2013, 03:52 AM
Weapon selection worked fine in Tomb Raider (2013) and I believe on consoles it was done via the D-pad. (I played it with KB+M, so not sure.) If AC4's weapon selection works the same, it shouldn't be a problem.
If the number of weapons/tools is under control. If AC3 tried that, it would be equally annoying as the weapon arc selecting, just too much clicking.

I was told you can't dive everywhere, just diving zones
yes, think it was confirmed its only in selected zones

zeo6016
09-28-2013, 02:27 PM
wow nine pages already, I'm back home now so I'll give a proper write up soon but the game looks really good from how the demos.played

Yes you can, I did it, the nice thing is if you do jump off the ship your crew will comment on it, when I jumped off I heard one say something like the captains gone for a swim,
As I said I'll write a report of what I thought of each demo And post It over the weekend. It's been a long journey home so I'm very tired tonight.

thank you :) so will we be able to swim in storms or things like that ? larges waves ? :D also waiting for your report :)

pacmanate
09-28-2013, 04:47 PM
that would be mixed emotions! lol!

Oh god.

poptartz20
09-28-2013, 05:56 PM
Oh god.

Haha, What's wrong with that pac?

Also, since I'm not sure if anybody go to see it earlier. Did you guys get too loot ships and board them in the demo!? also what about harpooning? did you try that as well! :) or was that even available during the demo!

Mr_Shade
09-28-2013, 06:04 PM

There's one just behind that ;) - so it's in transition :P

I should know, since I was working that demo :)

Those who played on Thursday or Friday - the assassination demo on the Sony stand - you would have seen me, so hope you all enjoyed the demo I had the pleasure to show you guys ;)

speaking of which did you guys get to board ships and loot them!?

I did!! I did!!!

You attack the ships, until you can close in and they are damaged enough and you get prompted to 'board' - which point the ships lock and you can man a side gun - and take out the guys on the deck - or -just go across [however] and slaughter em :)

silvermercy
09-28-2013, 06:10 PM

Yes, exactly. If it's anything close to TR's D-pad controls it will be a joy. I had even wished for a similar look months ago.

Mr_Shade
09-28-2013, 06:17 PM
Yes, exactly. If it's anything close to TR's D-pad controls it will be a joy. I had even wished for a similar look months ago.
The D Pad works great..

Its basically a left / Right menu selection - with up and down for groups.. like handed weapons...

so would look like[stuff]> [more stuff] >> [bladed weapons group ] > [sleep darts]>[berserk darts] > [teddy bear]

Always starts on the handed weapon group - but very quick to highlight the weapon / tool you need - and off you go :)

You should find it very useful ;)

silvermercy
09-28-2013, 06:20 PM
The D Pad works great..

Its basically a left / Right menu selection - with up and down for groups.. like handed weapons...

so would look like [bladed weapons ] > [sleep darts]>[berserk darts]
That sounds great! :)

zeo6016
09-28-2013, 06:22 PM
The D Pad works great..

so would look like[stuff]> [more stuff] >> [bladed weapons group ] > [sleep darts]>[berserk darts] > [teddy bear]

Always starts on the handed weapon group - but very quick to highlight the weapon / tool you need - and off you go :)

You should find it very useful ;)
i,ve heard that gaurds dont die from falling water anymore is that true :D ??? finally guards learned how to swim and will swim after me ??

SixKeys
09-28-2013, 06:24 PM
Will we still have the quick select option? I'm used to automatically pressing 2 to select the hidden blade. I hate it whenever the game automatically changes it to the tomahawk or fists for me. If weapons are grouped now like Mr_Shade explained, it sounds like that could still be a problem.

Mr_Shade
09-28-2013, 06:24 PM
i,ve heard that gaurds dont die from falling water anymore is that true :D ??? finally guards learned how to swim and will swim after me ??

yeah they can swim / free run etc

If you knock them into the water - they will swim back to shore.. / you..

The builds I have played - are not final AI, so can't comment if they will swim after you though.

SixKeys
09-28-2013, 06:25 PM

It's true, guards don't die anymore from falling into the water. I don't think they can swim after you though, they just climb back up.

Mr_Shade
09-28-2013, 06:27 PM
Will we still have the quick select option? I'm used to automatically pressing 2 to select the hidden blade. I hate it whenever the game automatically changes it to the tomahawk or fists for me. If weapons are grouped now like Mr_Shade explained, it sounds like that could still be a problem.

For PC - it may have an additional control scheme - such as quick select on numbers - I didn't play that version - sorry.

You can still assassinate someone - if you are undetected in AC4 on console- without swapping to HB's [just hit the assassinate button - [] on PS ;)

zeo6016
09-28-2013, 06:28 PM
yeah they can swim / free run etc

If you knock them into the water - they will swim back to shore.. / you..

The builds I have played - are not final AI, so can't comment if they will swim after you though.
and will that apply to all NPC's also or just guards ?

Mr_Shade
09-28-2013, 06:31 PM
and will that apply to all NPC's also or just guards ?
I only saw guards do it - since my demo didn't have any NPCS - it's likely they will though, but maybe someone who explored the Open World demo did knock some into the water and will post..

I didn't try that - since I'm not nasty :)

Shahkulu101
09-28-2013, 06:37 PM
Do the Brute archetypes (fatties) still fall to the ground if you break defense twice? I loved to tomahawk them on the ground when they were helpless in AC3.

Mr_Shade
09-28-2013, 06:39 PM
Combats changed a bit now.. tactics that worked before might not now..;)

I'll let the guys who played it - give you their thoughts, since only fair

Shahkulu101
09-28-2013, 06:42 PM
Combats changed a bit now.. tactics that worked before might not now..;)

I'll let the guys who played it - give you their thoughts, since only fair

Good to hear, I had the tactics to defeat each guard memorized like the back of my hand in AC3- will be fun to experiment in AC4 then. :D

poptartz20
09-28-2013, 06:43 PM
I did!! I did!!!

You attack the ships, until you can close in and they are damaged enough and you get prompted to 'board' - which point the ships lock and you can man a side gun - and take out the guys on the deck - or -just go across [however] and slaughter em :)

Ahhh! So cool! -- I imagine like how it is in the trailer! haha! I can't wait to get this game now. :D

silvermercy
09-29-2013, 05:51 PM
I'm on my way home from the Expo
Here's my detailed review as promised. :)

ohmergaddd asdfghjkl wetuiofdtuuf gyurtukdsg!!!!!
Havanaaa fgjhdjjkdrhxjigde ggsjkdfhy omgg!!@!

fhjsfjjj wetio Graphics asdghjkkd PS4!!

droool drool drooooooolll.... rooftops....
wtjiddj fhkfjd!!! And also qrujdfjhsjiy! fffjj textures!!!

More coherent details when I'm back home! :p

Mr_Shade
09-29-2013, 05:58 PM
lol ;)

Megas_Doux
09-29-2013, 06:08 PM
I'm on my way home from the Expo
Here's my detailed review as promised. :)

ohmergaddd asdfghjkl wetuiofdtuuf gyurtukdsg!!!!!
Havanaaa fgjhdjjkdrhxjigde ggsjkdfhy omgg!!@!

fhjsfjjj wetio Graphics asdghjkkd PS4!!

droool drool drooooooolll.... rooftops....
wtjiddj fhkfjd!!! And also qrujdfjhsjiy! fffjj textures!!!

More coherent details when I'm back home! :p

Please :P
Is there any ambient music, Mostly in La habana? If any, how is it?

breakdownthewall
09-29-2013, 06:22 PM
Is there an option between sprinting and running?
In AC3, they took away the option and running was basically sprinting so Connor would simply try to climb everything that he'd come across which was pretty annoying.

Jexx21
09-29-2013, 06:25 PM
Is there an option between sprinting and running?
In AC3, they took away the option and running was basically sprinting so Connor would simply try to climb everything that he'd come across which was pretty annoying.

nope

they shouldn't change that either.

Shahkulu101
09-29-2013, 06:29 PM
What is so good about having one button to run? I never had any problems with the apparently infamous 'claw'. Movement across rooftops is much more fluid and controlled when jogging - we no longer have that.

breakdownthewall
09-29-2013, 06:30 PM
I personally like the running system better in previous games, but I don't think that's much of an issue. I'll get used to it.

breakdownthewall
09-29-2013, 06:32 PM
Also, any word on ambient music? Does it play almost all the time like it should and like it did in previous games?

Rugterwyper32
09-29-2013, 06:41 PM
What is so good about having one button to run? I never had any problems with the apparently infamous 'claw'. Movement across rooftops is much more fluid and controlled when jogging - we no longer have that.

I personally highly disliked that claw, and then we got the wonder of taking advantage of pressure sensitive triggers. Combined with keeping control of how far you push the analog stick, you have some pretty good control of your speed.
But apparently the PS3 version of AC3 used the bumpers instead of triggers and you didn't have the advantage of pressure sensitivity in that version, so there's that.

Jexx21
09-29-2013, 06:43 PM
probably because you can finally control the camera, and you can now choose to make safe or unsafe jumps when sprinting, and you can choose to drop down from ledges by just jumping straight down in a three point landing

Unsafe jumps: R1/RT + X/A while moving
Drop down (three point landing): R1/RT + O/B when on ledge

before you would jump off a ledge whenever you were sprinting even if you didn't know it would lead to fall damage, and to "drop" from a ledge you either had to stop running/sprinting at just the right time or you had to hang off the ledge and then drop

new system is better.

Mr_Shade
09-29-2013, 06:58 PM
The free run button is R2 on PlayStation.

silvermercy
09-29-2013, 07:00 PM
Ok, I'm back home now so I could answer a few questions. It seriously felt like I played for 5 min. lol In the queue it felt like 5 hours. Haha.

I started with naval gameplay on PS4. I was ready to kick some pirate a$$ but the PS4 controls had to be mastered first. lol Fortunately for me the Ubi staff was amaaaazing (in both the PS4 and PC demos) and came to my rescue. :D The game controller after a while felt natural though.The map could be accessed from the front central part and you could zoom in and out using the touchpad. But you WILL need some familiarisation with the buttons. Beware. However, I feel like it can be mastered pretty quickly. What felt nice was the weapon selection at a press of a button. It felt like a great improvement from the wheel in AC3. You just had to move across the on-screen panel (you never left the game) and choose.

I chose to fast travel to Havana though from the map. Ambient music and ambient noises were everywhere!! Don't worry! :D It felt really really really good to my ears (I had headphones). I also swear I heard parrots every now and then (unless they were monkeys). ^^

As for Havana... What can I say... I was amazed by the textures, colors... Everything. It felt alive, vibrant and colorful. I liked the weapon store, too, but unfortunately no money to buy anything. :p I also played the PC version and even though I only played the fort attack part only (I had to leave to catch my train) I couldn't tell difference in graphics. For that small part anyway. So I think that says a lot for how good PS4 graphics are I suppose. ^^

Anyway I didn't do any missions but simple exploring, as I was really immersed and lost into the world. ^_^

DavidPage
09-29-2013, 07:02 PM

4 not 3. On 3 it's R1. It's always been R1.

Mr_Shade
09-29-2013, 07:07 PM
4 not 3. On 3 it's R1. It's always been R1.
oh right...

Strange, I thought it was the same on AC4 for both consoles.... since R1 has a new function?

Must have confused myself - sure I read it somewhere - maybe in MP...

breakdownthewall
09-29-2013, 07:07 PM
Thankyou for all the info, good sir.

poptartz20
09-29-2013, 07:22 PM
oh right...

Strange, I thought it was the same on AC4 for both consoles.... since R1 has a new function?

Must have confused myself - sure I read it somewhere - maybe in MP...

yeah that's odd! Maybe they will switch it back? because just in my opinion with the PS4 controller it's more natural to grab the R2 & L2 buttons (Like on the Xbox Controller) . Vs. the PS3 which was more natural to grab the R1 & L1 buttons. So with that being said I think they just wanted the running to just really feel natural in hand. and switched up accordingly.

Jexx21
09-29-2013, 07:26 PM

4, but not 3.

Jexx21
09-29-2013, 07:28 PM
Thankyou for all the info, good sir.

she's a female

Mr_Shade
09-29-2013, 07:41 PM
yeah that's odd! Maybe they will switch it back? because just in my opinion with the PS4 controller it's more natural to grab the R2 & L2 buttons (Like on the Xbox Controller) . Vs. the PS3 which was more natural to grab the R1 & L1 buttons. So with that being said I think they just wanted the running to just really feel natural in hand. and switched up accordingly.

I will see if I can find confirmation.. since I maybe wrong..lol

AnthonyA85
09-29-2013, 07:47 PM
Ok, I'm back home now so I could answer a few questions. It seriously felt like I played for 5 min. lol In the queue it felt like 5 hours. Haha.

I started with naval gameplay on PS4. I was ready to kick some pirate a$$ but the PS4 controls had to be mastered first. lol Fortunately for me the Ubi staff was amaaaazing (in both the PS4 and PC demos) and came to my rescue. :D The game controller after a while felt natural though.The map could be accessed from the front central part and you could zoom in and out using the touchpad. But you WILL need some familiarisation with the buttons. Beware. However, I feel like it can be mastered pretty quickly. What felt nice was the weapon selection at a press of a button. It felt like a great improvement from the wheel in AC3. You just had to move across the on-screen panel (you never left the game) and choose.

I chose to fast travel to Havana though from the map. Ambient music and ambient noises were everywhere!! Don't worry! :D It felt really really really good to my ears (I had headphones). I also swear I heard parrots every now and then (unless they were monkeys). ^^

As for Havana... What can I say... I was amazed by the textures, colors... Everything. It felt alive, vibrant and colorful. I liked the weapon store, too, but unfortunately no money to buy anything. :p I also played the PC version and even though I only played the fort attack part only (I had to leave to catch my train) I couldn't tell difference in graphics. For that small part anyway. So I think that says a lot for how good PS4 graphics are I suppose. ^^

Anyway I didn't do any missions but simple exploring, as I was really immersed and lost into the world. ^_^

Nice report! :)

Glad to see it's looking so good. I'm seriously wondering whether i should invest in a SP4, or get the PC version and just upgrade my system next year (new motherboard, new cpu and additional hard drives for storage space), though actually, it'd be cheaper to just get the pc version.

And on that note, while you were playing on the pc version, did you ask about the system specs?

silvermercy
09-29-2013, 07:57 PM
:)

Ah I'm afraid I had to leave the demo at that point and did not ask for any system specifics.

I had never EVER played a PC game before (unless you count Tomb Raider like a decade ago....lol) so I initially had problem with the keyboard controls. Fortunately the very friendly Ubisoft staff came to my rescue (they must have felt sorry for me... Lmao) and showed me the correct buttons. Fortunately, those can be mastered quickly, too.

Of course I'm a console player and the PS4 obviously sold me. (Hmm... Now I'm afraid I could be disappointed with PS3)

Mr_Shade
09-29-2013, 07:59 PM
Nice report! :)

Glad to see it's looking so good. I'm seriously wondering whether i should invest in a SP4, or get the PC version and just upgrade my system next year (new motherboard, new cpu and additional hard drives for storage space), though actually, it'd be cheaper to just get the pc version.

And on that note, while you were playing on the pc version, did you ask about the system specs?

I will let Silver answer, if she knows - but:

System specs would have been fairly high - since it was a machine on the Nvidia stand -

The game takes advantage of DX11 and TXAA etc on Nvidia cards, so it would be fairly high spec for the GPU - The official system specs - should give you great gameplay - but - needless to say, sometimes you have to balance price and performance, and it can affect games..

My thoughts on the PS4 version was it was pretty close to a medium / high PC version ;)

@Silver - I know what you mean - now you have seen and played the next gen, it's a little odd going back to current..

AC4 will be great on all consoles though - if you where happy with AC3 on ps3 /xbox - you should be ok with AC4 - you will just lose the higher resolution textures / added lighting / fog /smoke and the other next gen effects :(

Oh and that snazzy map control - which was VERY nice to use - and so quick.

breakdownthewall
09-29-2013, 08:00 PM
she's a female

Oh haha wow. Did not realize that! I apologize :p

silvermercy
09-29-2013, 08:16 PM
^ lol :p

May I add how badass Edward looks on the loading screen. Him and his walk. Once, I made him turn to face me on that big screen and I thought he was coming to beat me. O-O

(For delaying him while I was getting familiar with the PS4 controls apparently... LOL)

Megas_Doux
09-29-2013, 08:19 PM
Thanks for the info! Silvermercy.

pacmanate
09-29-2013, 08:21 PM
:)

Of course I'm a console player and the PS4 obviously sold me. (Hmm... Now I'm afraid I could be disappointed with PS3)

You will be! Hopefully now you will understand my perspective. We see (and you have played), the awesomeness that is next gen version of Black Flag. If you got the PS3 version you would, in your mind, think it was taken all the way to alpha.

In your mind!

silvermercy
09-29-2013, 08:25 PM
You welcome Megas Doux! :)

You will be! Hopefully now you will understand my perspective. We see (and you have played), the awesomeness that is next gen version of Black Flag. If you got the PS3 version you would, in your mind, think it was taken all the way to alpha.

In your mind!
Quoted for truth. The demo today seriously made me consider waiting for the PS4 release.... (Even though I am getting PS3 version, too).
i don't know how I will manage though!

pacmanate
09-29-2013, 08:39 PM

Quoted for truth. The demo today seriously made me consider waiting for the PS4 release.... (Even though I am getting PS3 version, too).

I know, its a hard choice right? Wait 1 month, or 2 months. Wait one month to play AC because the gameplay will be the same, or wait 2 months to experience everything we have seen.

Wah. I am having a 2 month break from this place :'(

Shahkulu101
09-29-2013, 08:47 PM
I simply can't wait a month to play it while it's out. PS3 it is, I'll just redeem that code and get the next-gen for a tenner. That would also mean I'd have to take a break from these forums, which wouldn't be too bad I suppose - it's getting quieter the closer we get to release day.

ladyleonhart
09-29-2013, 08:50 PM
I simply can't wait a month to play it while it's out. PS3 it is, I'll just redeem that code and get the next-gen for a tenner. That would also mean I'd have to take a break from these forums, which wouldn't be too bad I suppose - it's getting quieter the closer we get to release day.
Well, then you can enjoy it on PS3 and replay it on PS4 and you'll actually see the difference and appreciate it much more. ;)

That's the best option if you can't wait and much easier to gain a spoiler-free experience. :D

It's definitely what I will be doing too. :)

Shahkulu101
09-29-2013, 08:59 PM
Well, then you can enjoy it on PS3 and replay it on PS4 and you'll actually see the difference and appreciate it much more. ;)

That's the best option if you can't wait and much easier to gain a spoiler-free experience. :D

It's definitely what I will be doing too. :)

That's is the best option, probably. I just thought it would be amazing to have my first experience of it on next-gen. :)

I think I'll redeem the code to get the next-gen as soon as possible but hold of replaying it until next year - so it's not so fresh in my memory and I'm actually in need of a recap.

poptartz20
09-29-2013, 09:10 PM

I feel the same way.. after seeing everything on PS4 I feel reluctant to get it on PS3. :(

I won't be getting a ps4 until next year more than likely. But I don't want to wait that long to play ac4!

deskp
09-29-2013, 09:58 PM
I really hope that is the case on ps4 atleast, using r1 for freerunning is crap.

PedroAntonio2
09-29-2013, 10:20 PM
You guys myst be REALLY stupid to buy a PS4 this year. You are going to waste a LOT of cash in a videogame that is OBVIOUS that is going to have bugs, temperature problems, YLOD ( or something like it ) and other problem. I'm smart and I have value for my cash, so I'm going to buy my PS4 next year :)

BTW, that is the difference between ACIV PS3 version and PS4 version ? It's going to be the same thing, my god...this forum has a LOT of Graphic *****s.

silvermercy
09-29-2013, 10:49 PM
You guys myst be REALLY stupid to buy a PS4 this year. You are going to waste a LOT of cash in a videogame that is OBVIOUS that is going to have bugs, temperature problems, YLOD ( or something like it ) and other problem. I'm smart and I have value for my cash, so I'm going to buy my PS4 next year :)

BTW, that is the difference between ACIV PS3 version and PS4 version ? It's going to be the same thing, my god...this forum has a LOT of Graphic *****s.
Indeed! We are all soo stoopid. Our IQ iz tiney compared to urz. We just wanna burnz ours monies. U must be so smartz to tell others what to theenk about grafix and whot to do wiht thier own moniez. I'm jealouz of yor hi intelligenzee!!

pacmanate
09-29-2013, 10:50 PM

I had a launch PS3 and it never got a YLOD.

and its not graphics, I have listed these things several times.

1. Textures
2. Shadows
3. Draw Distance
4. Rain Effects
5. Foliage
6. Volumetric fog
7. Real time water reflections

RatonhnhakeFan
09-29-2013, 10:53 PM
So with the D-pad for weapon selection, there's no more D-pad shortcuts right? Hmmm

AnthonyA85
09-29-2013, 10:59 PM
Thanks for the heads up shade, silver.

*sighs* Why did I have to get an AMD card.....? I really should have gotten an Nvidia one. My GPU and RAM might be able to take it, but my CPU will probably complain, sadly there's nothing i can do about that. At least it's a quad core, i suppose that's worth something. Hopefully the game will still look good even without the Nvidia exclusive stuff. Guess i won't be doing a walkthrough then.

pacmanate
09-29-2013, 11:01 PM
So with the D-pad for weapon selection, there's no more D-pad shortcuts right? Hmmm

There could be, depending on how this is utilised.

RatonhnhakeFan
09-29-2013, 11:02 PM
Thanks for the heads up shade, silver.

*sighs* Why did I have to get an AMD card.....? I really should have gotten an Nvidia one. My GPU and RAM might be able to take it, but my CPU will probably complain, sadly there's nothing i can do about that. At least it's a quad core, i suppose that's worth something. Hopefully the game will still look good even without the Nvidia exclusive stuff. Guess i won't be doing a walkthrough then.

Doesn't matter which one you get, there's always something exclusive. Like TressFX on AMD cards in Tomb Raider.

PedroAntonio2
09-29-2013, 11:02 PM
I don't care that much about graphics, the only thing I want is the game to be better than ACIII. I mean, I had a lot of problems with bugs in the last game...

And the game will look beautiful anyways in PS3, probably the same graphic quality from ACIII and a little bit better.

PedroAntonio2
09-29-2013, 11:04 PM
Don't use sarcasm, my friend. I just think that buying a Next-Gen console right now is not a good idea, you should wait Sony to release a new PS4 model next year with some problems fixed.

Shahkulu101
09-29-2013, 11:06 PM
indeed! We are all soo stoopid. Our iq iz tiney compared to urz. We just wanna burnz ours monies. U must be so smartz to tell others what to theenk about grafix and whot to do wiht thier own moniez. I'm jealouz of yor hi intelligenzee!!

LAWL@uz, we Iz Ideyitz isn't we...herp derpity durt

LieutenantRex
09-29-2013, 11:11 PM
The only issues I may have with graphics on the current-gen would be choppiness that too much data may cause.

silvermercy
09-29-2013, 11:12 PM
Don't use sarcasm, my friend. I just think that buying a Next-Gen console right now is not a good idea, you should wait Sony to release a new PS4 model next year with some problems fixed.
Sarcasm was just what the doctor ordered. Because there's a nice way and a ******bag way to say the exact same thing. Guess which version you chose in the first post to offer advice...

pacmanate
09-29-2013, 11:13 PM

Your opinion. But one of the reasons the YLOD was caused was overheating. The PS4 uses less power, the fan adjusts according and there are vents everywhere.

Another way the YLOD was caused was because of people changing the hard drive.

poptartz20
09-29-2013, 11:18 PM
Hahah! good one Silver! :D

adventurewomen
09-29-2013, 11:26 PM
I'ma finish writing my detailed review tomorrow, I'm just way to tired right now I got back like an hour ago and so tired! >__<

Shahkulu101
09-29-2013, 11:31 PM
Do it, Alex. AND DO IT NOW!

Or go to sleep and leave your good old buddy shahk waiting anxiously in anticipation.

poptartz20
09-29-2013, 11:31 PM
I'ma finish writing my detailed review tomorrow, I'm just way to tired right now I got back like an hour ago and so tired! >__<

did you get to meet up with silver?

sounds like you had a good time! :) I'm curious to read your review!

I'll actually have something tomorrow too :D

adventurewomen
09-29-2013, 11:44 PM
Do it, Alex. AND DO IT NOW!

Or go to sleep and leave your good old buddy shahk waiting anxiously in anticipation.
Sleep is closing my eyes!

I'll have to leave you in your anxiously waiting in your anticipation!

did you get to meet up with silver?

sounds like you had a good time! :) I'm curious to read your review!

I'll actually have something tomorrow too :D
There was so many people there, sadly I didn't get to meet up with Sliver. Hopefully another time. :)

Yeah a good time! I just kept going back to queue for AC4 demos. I did the same thing last year for AC3! :D

Yay! Well I will try to keep it informative and detailed. Nice to see that your curious about my experience of the game so far. :)

Shahkulu101
09-29-2013, 11:49 PM
Sleep is closing my eyes!

I'll have to leave you in your anxiously waiting in your anticipation!

B-but, I have no toilet roll and had a vindaloo the other night.

adventurewomen
09-29-2013, 11:54 PM
B-but, I have no toilet roll and had a vindaloo the other night.
:eek:

Well I... sleep. :)

Black_Widow9
09-30-2013, 01:31 AM
Glad you had such a great time! Jealous. :)

Legendz54
09-30-2013, 02:28 AM
Hasn't the OP written his review yet? Its been like 2 days, Someone wake up and write us a review!!

Sturnz0r
09-30-2013, 03:16 AM

I always wondered why we couldn't get diagonal d-pad shortcuts, that's all I really needed... furthermore, the ACR wheel was best so far

there are just so many questions; 30 days, 2 hours and counting...

harpooning; did it seem like the small game cycled through one region: turtle, eel, reef shark OR is it spread out like hunting regions of AC3?

pirating ships: can you take a ship over solo if you don't fire a shot and jump in the water ahead of the ship? do you make the first move in regards to engaging them before they attack or do they attack if you get too close and they are a warship?