PDA

View Full Version : Patchnotes - Forgotten Wars expansion

Aza404
09-24-2013, 03:06 PM
http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/F2P/MMDOC/FW_patchnotes_FB_wall_blue02.png

Dear Champions,

The Might & Magic: Duel of Champions Development Team is proud to release the Forgotten Wars, an exciting new expansion of cards, features, and fixes!

"The Forgotten Wars
- 148 new cards, including heroes, creatures, spells, fortunes, and events."

"Academy, a new faction!
- A faction of Mages and their creations.
- 7 Academy Heroes and over 50 creatures!"

"Wildcards & The Altar of Wishes
- Wildcards are a new special currency you can find in packs and boxes.
- In the Altar of Wishes, you can exchange Wildcards for any card you desire!
- The Wildcard cost for each card is based on both its rarity and its series.
- The Altar unlocks when you find your first Wildcard."

"Store Updates:
- All boxes contain guaranteed Wildcards
- All packs contain chances to win Wildcards
- 2 new pre-made Academy decks are available. A starter deck and an intermediate deck.
- A new Kieran deck is available."

"Card Balance Updates:
- Avalanche costs 1 more resource to play
- Wasteland costs 1 more resource to play
- Week of the Wild Spirits costs 3 resources to activate
- Week of the Tamed Spirits is activated and costs 3 resources to activate
- Banshee requires a Magic level of 3 to play
- Rock Wall no longer prevents an attack, it now just prevents the damage from the attack "

"New Creature Abilities:
- Range Reflect: When this creature receives combat damage from a shooter, prevent X of that damage and deal the prevented damage to the attacker.
- Evade: When this creature is attacked by melee or flyer creature for the first time in a turn, move this to an adjacent tile. If it does, cancel the attack.
- Phased: Enemy creatures cannot attack this creature. This creature doesn't prevent enemy creatures from attacking your hero.
- Shockwave: This creature can attack empty enemy battleground positions on the same row. If it does, it deals X damage to all enemy creatures adjacent to that position.
- Ambush: Ambush abilities trigger when an enemy creature enters the battleground in the same row.
- Spell Resist: This creature receives half damage from spells, rounded down.
- Magic Guard: Remove X from combat damage dealt by magic creatures to this creature and to each adjacent friendly creature."

"Launch in Brazil
- Support for Brazilian Portuguese language.
- New payment options for Brazilian players."

"Bug Fixes:
- Week of Austerity no longer deals damage if you can pay the resource cost when deploying creatures.
- Deck builder optimizations to substantially improve load times of cards and decks.
- Stability fixes for the Swiss Tournaments
- Fixed desynch related to Shi-No-Shi
- Incorporeal now halves all non-magic damage, including from fortunes and events."

“Payment methods
Seals can now be purchased via SMS in some European countries:
Denmark
Hungary
Lithuania
Sweden
France
More countries will be added in the future”

Enjoy,
Aza and the doc Team

Robchulan
09-24-2013, 03:12 PM
- 2 new pre-made Academy decks are available. A starter deck and an intermediate deck.
NICE !

- Week of the Tamed Spirits is activated and costs 3 resources to activate
i think its a littlebit to expensive .. 3 resources is alot for the effect in my opinion

Penas2011
09-24-2013, 03:14 PM
When? :o lol at tamed/wild spirits and 3 resources :o
austerity.. why doesnt that gives us the OPTION, to pay or not? :o

Penas2011
09-24-2013, 03:16 PM
Why not 1 resource for tamed/wild...?

Didiacca
09-24-2013, 03:23 PM
Because Academy is 90% all about magic creatures perhaps?

Shippal
09-24-2013, 03:26 PM
My guess is that they tested it with Academy, which is almost all Magic Creatures. Wild Spirits for them is OP, and Tamed Spirits cripples them too much.

Not to mention, in a deck with several magic creatures, Wild Spirits > Week of the Mercenaries, which costs 3 because Week of the Mercenaries has a chance to fail. So 3 cost makes sense.

It seems like now Week of the Tamed Spirits has to be activated by a player, which means it is a useless fortune 1/2 of the time it comes into play, because it will move off of the board if you do not receive it on its first day. That makes me think that it will become a useless event.

NagiShaman
09-24-2013, 03:27 PM
How many willd cards per box? how gonna change prices in shop, prices for new booster pack and boxes? wild cards cost for cards? where are these infos...

Deom23
09-24-2013, 03:27 PM
I dont quite get the nerf to Banshee, this kills Fortune based Necro decks now, or at least makes them a lot harder and they arent even that competitive at the moment. I cant believe they didnt touch Adar-Malik or Unique Creature recycling.

Does Magic Gaurd only remove damage from Magic Creatures like the text above states or is that a typo, I thought that Magic Guard was going to effect spells as well.

It would be nice if you told us what the chances for Wildcards were in packs that are purchased with Gold, along with how many guaranteed wildcards are in a box.

I really like the Incorpreal Change.

I didnt realize that Rock Wall had a balance problem, does anyone even play this card??

Release date?

Overall, im excited!

DaveJame
09-24-2013, 03:41 PM
I kind of dislike the boost of the incorporal abilitie...

Ipwnfour
09-24-2013, 03:41 PM
- Incorporeal now halves all non-magic damage, including from fortunes and events."

This should be under Card Balance Updates. Further: it also halves damage from hero abilities (e.g. Ishuma)

iceblaze9320
09-24-2013, 03:43 PM
No Atropos-Malik nerf. Rage mode ON.

El_Bokutal
09-24-2013, 03:54 PM
Rock wall modification might have something to do with evade ability : a 0 dammage attack will still trigger evade.

Wild / tamed spirit modification is a nerf to some rush decks and it fits with week of mercernaries' cost. You have to pay 3 to give +1 to your creatures.
As someone said before this is probably the end of tamed spirit and will reduce wild spirit use drasticaly.
Overall, I think this is a good thing.

On the other hand Banshee's nerf is a surprise and didn't seem necessary. Like every decent necro creature it's been called for a nerf but this one wasn't the one we heard most about.
I find it hard for necro fortune-oriented decks : they'll have plenty of ways to call back creatures, but might be missing creatures worthy of it.

And the best of those points is the increased cost of both avalanche and waseland.
Lock is still possible but harder to come by and especially the inheritance combo.

El_Bokutal
09-24-2013, 03:56 PM
I kind of dislike the boost of the incorporal abilitie...

It's a bug fix. :)

robvalue
09-24-2013, 03:58 PM
Whoah, whoah... 3? Is that a typo? 3 to activate tamed/wild spirits? You may as well delete those cards then!

I'm very happy to see some of the lock cards getting nerfed, yay good job!

And I'm also surprised about Banshee, it's Atropos that needs the attention. At the very least a destiny requirement of 2.

But overall, well done guys! Keep up the good work :)

Frrfrr
09-24-2013, 04:03 PM
also nothing about 1 card in multiple decks :((((

NorsemanXXI
09-24-2013, 04:12 PM
No Atropos-Malik nerf. Rage mode ON.

http://i.imgur.com/qGENlzZ.jpg

CrimsonScorpium
09-24-2013, 04:15 PM
“Payment methods
Seals can now be purchased via SMS in some European countries:
Denmark
Germany
Hungary
Lithuania
Sweden
France
More countries will be added in the future”

Any news when Portugal will have this feature ?
I usually have spare mony on my phone and I eventually end up spending it on League of Legends skins because they've got this feature implemented, and I'd rather spend it on seals on Duels.

ManlyMantonio
09-24-2013, 04:18 PM
Still no sharing cards between decks? Sad face. I was so hoping to read that in the notes. :(

Freyjan
09-24-2013, 04:19 PM
Still no confirmation of the guaranteed # of wildcards you will get from purchasing a box?

If these are the official release notes shouldn't that information be present and thorough? Being vague doesn't help anyone :(

DinstanoMESO
09-24-2013, 04:20 PM
http://i.imgur.com/qGENlzZ.jpg

I will have 4 of these in every possible deck I can think of.

ulpsz
09-24-2013, 04:20 PM
nerf to banshee is stupid 2 magic would have been enuogh..

incorporeal buff makes sense but semms too mauch

3 cost for wild spirits .tamed spirits is just DAFT

Banehollow89
09-24-2013, 04:25 PM
I will have 4 of these in every possible deck I can think of.

I don't think it will be necessary with how much stuff everyone gets to counter recursion.

ManlyMantonio
09-24-2013, 05:17 PM
Still no confirmation of the guaranteed # of wildcards you will get from purchasing a box?

If these are the official release notes shouldn't that information be present and thorough? Being vague doesn't help anyone :(

Really. Why not tell people? No reason to keep this a state secret.

El_Bokutal
09-24-2013, 06:23 PM
The nethermancer event is IMHO the best answer to Atropos ranting.
Everybody has access to a good and cheap counter that might be handy Vs the Academy too. Now, it's your choice to play it or not but you can't decently whinne about Atropos and not play this card.

Bizdakka
09-24-2013, 06:27 PM
Why WHy Why the nerf to the banshee? Ruins my Fleshbane deck. Gonna have to start over, just like when they nerfed Nergal.

LuziferXYZ
09-24-2013, 06:34 PM
along with how many guaranteed wildcards are in a box.

Release date?

10 packs in a box = at least 10 wildcards.
26th sept. So in 2 days.

LQDBrunt
09-24-2013, 06:54 PM
Haven't seen all the cards yet, but there better be a new card that would make Banshee op, otherwise this nerf is just terrible idea.

Banehollow89
09-24-2013, 06:57 PM
Haven't seen all the cards yet, but there better be a new card that would make Banshee op, otherwise this nerf is just terrible idea.
Nope, Necro is just screwed for good, all new cards for Necro and Inferno are terribly bad, there are maybe two solid cards. Even Uniques are awful.

El_Bokutal
09-24-2013, 06:59 PM
There's a 4 gold / 4 fate fortune that enables you to destroy one of your crits in order to destroy an opposing one with equal or less cost.
Doesn't make Banshee OP (especially since there's a lot of counter to recursion) but gives it another use to banshee.

Or, should have said "would have give another use", since 6-3-4 builds are a bit unreliable IMHO.

Ciolkmen
09-24-2013, 08:49 PM
There's a 4 gold / 4 fate fortune that enables you to destroy one of your crits in order to destroy an opposing one with equal or less cost.
Doesn't make Banshee OP (especially since there's a lot of counter to recursion) but gives it another use to banshee.

Or, should have said "would have give another use", since 6-3-4 builds are a bit unreliable IMHO.

With Seria's Last order you dont need the magic stat.

amoshias
09-24-2013, 08:52 PM
So... after being a game-altering bug for three months, you guys are literally SO PROUD of the fact that you fixed Week of Austerity that it's actually part of your banner for releasing the new set?

Adderdin
09-24-2013, 09:02 PM
I am just curious about the thought process behind not reverting Kieran and Siegfried nerf. Because we know how powerful they remained after the last patch wrecked them.

"Spell Resist: This creature receives half damage from spells, rounded down." You already had Magic resist which works better... so you decided just to "invent" a new mechanic that is just a weaker version of already existing one.

How exactly does "Deck builder optimizations to substantially improve load times of cards and decks." work? Is it about the load time when you edit your decks? That split of a second was worth a line in the features of the upcoming expansion?

The way you decided to "fix" tamed and wild spirits... just reeks of lack of ideas.

Atisdai
09-24-2013, 09:44 PM
Still no sharing cards between decks? Sad face. I was so hoping to read that in the notes. :(

This was literally the first thing I was looking for.
It's pretty much a dealbreaker for me if that's not in.

amoshias
09-24-2013, 10:39 PM
This was literally the first thing I was looking for.
It's pretty much a dealbreaker for me if that's not in.

Not that I am not 100% in favor of this, but what makes you think they'd do it for this expansion? They could do it any time they wanted, they think it makes them money to NOT do it, what makes you think they're going to make the change?

Atisdai
09-24-2013, 11:50 PM
I don't know what they may or may not do.
I just know it's requested since the beginning of the year, and every time I think about making a new deck, the way it's currently handled frustrates me enough that I just close the program down and go and do something else instead.

If they don't see how big a deal it is, they are out of touch with the playerbase.
But then, they -did- think Twitch support was more important than fixing bugs, adding single card or this little "feature".

Urthel
09-25-2013, 12:42 AM
Yeah they should do this, because this is very frustrating to move on all decks removing cards you need to create new one. They don't have any arguments for not making this possible. People won't pay just to get 8 copies of any card, they will just move them from deck to deck. Only outcome of this decision is annoyed players and there is no positives for any side.

Smokinbuddha_
09-25-2013, 12:54 AM
Really sucks to be a necro ...

TheLastBrohican
09-25-2013, 02:06 AM
Fleshbane style decks are going to change a lot with this patch. Can't wait to see what happens with incorporeal Necro decks.

Revalon
09-25-2013, 02:12 AM
I wonder if the damage from poison counters is halved on incorporeal creatures as well. Afaik, it's non-magic damage.

Edit says: I don't understand why they still don't make the daily rewards easier to understand, for example simply remove this "total value in gold" number.
We would have about half the amount of threads in this forum.

MT...
09-25-2013, 02:39 AM
I will tell you what will happen to the fleshbane decks, they will all disappear. And I being a Fleshbane player, for all of my 183 levels, will tell you why.

Number one reason, Banshees now cost a 3 magic. I don't know if these so call "VIP players" have ever played with Fleshbane, but for a hero who starts with 0 magic and only has the dark school at his disposal (lets face it the dark schools early magic is weak and only becomes efficient from 4 and up) this key Unit will no longer be player able.

The other reason being is all Academy units are magic damage dealing units. This means Incorporeal are going to get run off the board real quick. It was bad enough with Sanctuary and half there units being magical but this is going to be the end for all incorporeal units.

But as one VIP member told me a couple months back, its all about power creeping, and I guess that means leaving the old heroes behind for the new ones.

Siegfried anyone?

SiberiaCloud
09-25-2013, 02:43 AM
datbansheenerf. Good thing I only have 1. LOL.

Quutar
09-25-2013, 02:57 AM
Very nice changes!
Wild spirit nerf makes sense, now its on par with mercenaries which affects all creatures but can fail in return. With 1/2 cost it would be too good for academy since all creatures are magic.

But really, cards in multiple decks is, was and always have been the number #1 request of all time. It takes an hour to implement and test, just do it already ffs!!

silentbobus
09-25-2013, 03:35 AM
As always I agree with the changes but wish they made the changes a little more comprehensive. But I suppose the Banshee Nerf was a nice and unexpected change, it always seemed a little unbalanced that a card that did the work of a creature and a spell had no serious magic requirement. Now perhaps they'll add fortune to Atropos in the future.

I'm surprised to see they went as far as they did with the Spirit week nerfs, but I suppose Academy needed it, otherwise I think an activation cost of 2 would probably have worked. More than anything I think it's just going to hose rush decks and make Stronghold and all of the decks that used to use 4x Tamed a little easier to beat.

The.Eggman
09-25-2013, 04:12 AM
Oh my god... they killed Fleshbane...
(and pretty much all fortune necro)
That banshee nerf is a terrible idea...

Revelataen
09-25-2013, 05:51 AM
Hahah, you made my day ^^
Don't worry devs, all that necro players whines are there just in a matter of fact that their 'most played faction in a game (50% in swiss)' has been nerfed :)
Thank You for all of these feautures and balances because of they were needed. Especially with the new faction.
I'm not sure why noone is happy from Inheritence +Avalanche combo being nerfed. Also Wasteland nerf is just brillant. Now creatures will still exist in this game :D And you heard that from mill and slowpokes player ^^ What a irony.
Thank You once again for all of your stuff you will give to us. It' just pure awesomeness. And I'm pretty sure you will do other worthy things to do in future :)
Thanks!

NagiShaman
09-25-2013, 09:23 AM
Fix the god damned crashes during all f***ing tournaments

Elementalist.
09-25-2013, 09:40 AM
The way I understand it they wanted to avoid banshees being played on fortune decks that so happen to involve multiple ways of revival. Instead, they make you wanna play them on magic Seria/Adar that already has soulreaver and Nergal that has plenty of mass revoval. I can understand that banshee revival was too much but wtf, they could make the card banishable or something. Similarly they add all sorts of counters against Atropos instead of making him unraisable. The goal makes sense, the means not so much.

The change to wild/tamed spirits makes sense actually.. By now the game has plenty of magical units, enough to justify turning them into a magical week of mercenaries. Better yet now it is next to impossible to have two active ones on the same turn which is fair. Unlike double mana storm and week of taxes.

And a nerf on creature lock decks is more than welcome.

What is LAME is that they did not fix Siegfried/Kieran/etc. Everyone wants it, do the devs have their heads in the clouds?

Finally, it seems that the devs try to make fortunes more appealing by giving the new heroes an extra ability once they reach x might/y fortune. Which is good and all but.. Why not make fortunes more appealing by themselves, compared to spells? Do you need to place a carrot before the player to make him reach for them? I could be mistaken but why else would they do it? If the fortunes were so cool they wouldn't need to give you a bonus for playing them. Better than nothing but.. seriously?

I am pretty excited about the addon but I can't help but shake my head concerning the reasoning behind some balance changes.

SoAmazinglyBad
09-25-2013, 12:41 PM
im really sad that there is no new tournaments modes/match modes etc...
no replay system and spectator system...
banshee, wild spirits, week of tamed overnerfed...
no buffs to old heroes (why not kieran has his ability to change into sth like if u have 3 might 3 magic u gain his old ability, same with siegfried.... etc), half of old heroes should be buffed to be honest... or tweaked maybe...(kieran, siegfried, jezziel (discard card to heal 3? REALLY?, 1 might plz), shaar (i would love to see it 1 1 1 but maybe it would be too much for him), arcanas(ability tweak imo), noboru (ability tweak (maybe sth like for 6 cost u can relocate creature as wind gust does), al kazaar(1 might?), mother namatu (1 1 1... that no 1 might is pain always, discard card to kill early? meh), fleshbane (tweak to ability sth like might and magic to some lvl and ghost get its +1, and 1 magic is really a must have in fleshbane...), Nergal (poison back to normal plz), kaiko (1 might plz...) and dunno what more is needed (Aaah and crag hack is really unplayable without 4 das...)
no buffs to some rare/unique/uncommon bad cards...
no 1 card in multiple decks...
no bastion faction (xDDD) and dungeon (xDD)

but really if before next expansion there will be not buffing old cards which are not playable right now (Heroes must be balanced....)

MoritzBradtke
09-25-2013, 12:59 PM
Ok, i guess i missed it but where is magic guard? It is listed in the patchnotes but i don't see any cards which use it...

Banehollow89
09-25-2013, 01:02 PM
Ok, i guess i missed it but where is magic guard? It is listed in the patchnotes but i don't see any cards which use it...

http://imgur.com/a/6h5Md#23

Impressive, isn't it? :D

MoritzBradtke
09-25-2013, 01:10 PM

Hm, okay... xD Not really impressive but still useful i guess, however i hoped/thought they would implent it for heaven, would make more sense but i can live with it

funiks
09-25-2013, 01:45 PM
Hello. I think my game client is not updated? There isn't the Forgotten Wars expansion, Altar of Wishes, etc. Seems like the client is still the old version. What should I do?
Thanks

Hantziie
09-25-2013, 01:51 PM
Hello. I think my game client is not updated? There isn't the Forgotten Wars expansion, Altar of Wishes, etc. Seems like the client is still the old version. What should I do?
Thanks

The patch will happen tomorrow. Learn to read.

Mryth01
09-25-2013, 01:52 PM

[...]
- Magic Guard: Remove X from combat damage dealt by magic creatures to this creature and to each adjacent friendly creature."
[...]

Does magic guard reduce or not the spell damage? Becouse patch notes does NOT mention that, but creature skill from that image does.

funiks
09-25-2013, 02:02 PM
The patch will happen tomorrow. Learn to read.

Sorry, I just can't find the "tomorrow" word. Would you please show me so I can learn to read it? :)

Banehollow89
09-25-2013, 02:31 PM
Hm, okay... xD Not really impressive but still useful i guess, however i hoped/thought they would implent it for heaven, would make more sense but i can live with it

I was joking, it looks a bit underwhelming.

Does magic guard reduce or not the spell damage? Becouse patch notes does NOT mention that, but creature skill from that image does.
It does, so stacking 2 of these guys around your army can seriously reduce the damage from Insect Swarms and Earthquakes.

Lac0r
09-25-2013, 03:13 PM
when then game will work on mac????

KingSp00n
09-25-2013, 04:37 PM
I am just curious about the thought process behind...
Everyone is! But since these devs seem to be too darn stubborn to share any of their thought processes behind any of their decisions... Communication is hard apparantly!

Mryth01
09-25-2013, 05:22 PM
It does, so stacking 2 of these guys around your army can seriously reduce the damage from Insect Swarms and Earthquakes.
I can read, I know it says so on the ability written on a creature.
What I'm curious about is why the Magic Guard that Aza posted on the first post DOES NOT mention the spell damage reduction. For all I know it could be last minute change, I'm just curious.

Adderdin
09-25-2013, 06:18 PM

Combat Magic damage means damage dealt by magical melee or magical ranged units. Any type of Combat damage was untill now damage dealt by creatures not spells.

PengthePenguin
09-25-2013, 06:28 PM
Will HoV packs be available with gold? And will any other packs get their prices lowered?

Kurgen007
09-25-2013, 07:27 PM
Will HoV packs be available with gold? And will any other packs get their prices lowered?
If it like when HOV came out, yes they will be available with gold and none of the other packs will get lowered, but you never know maybe they will get lowered, or at least VR will.

Mryth01
09-25-2013, 07:59 PM
Combat Magic damage means damage dealt by magical melee or magical ranged units. Any type of Combat damage was untill now damage dealt by creatures not spells.

I'm talking about this:

[...]
[...]

versus this:

http://i.imgur.com/lhypcJZ.jpg

(note the Spell damage part on the image)

Saragus
09-25-2013, 09:56 PM
As a Fleshbane player I am very happy with most of these changes. Of course I am in the minority as I am a SpellBane player. Was surprised about the Banshee nerf, but it just means cannot run 4 of it anymore as it comes out too late and too many in opening hand would be terrible. Has anyone confirmed if Incorp effects poison and Hero burns? Luv the changes to beef ups ause the 3 cost sure slows me bit but weakening me will be null now which is a bigger issue. Very happy.

aelkoa
09-25-2013, 10:57 PM
Ehemm... I'm sorry, but WHERE is the Russian language, that was promissed in the official information about the expansion?!? O____o

I'm not sure if anyone noticed this already, but on http://www.duelofchampions.com/ there is a new position in LATEST NEWS section dated 10th September. Below is just copy/paste of some facts from there:

September 10th, 2013 Introducing Forgotten Wars

Ubisoft is proud to introduce Might & Magic – Duel of Champions biggest expansion to date, with 148 new cards, new languages, and a solution for players to get a single card. Here comes Forgotten Wars!

New Languages : Portuguese, Russian

jorkkisjoraa
09-26-2013, 05:19 AM
Ehemm... I'm sorry, but WHERE is the Russian language, that was promissed in the official information about the expansion?!? O____o

The patch isn't up yet.

DoubleDeck
09-26-2013, 06:47 AM
Will the daily rewards still continue chronologically or start from day 1 again with the expansion patch?

I am on day 6 and not sure whether to cash in or continue growth....

aelkoa
09-26-2013, 08:00 AM
The patch isn't up yet.

I see, but there is no info about the language in the patchnotes.

Ipwnfour
09-26-2013, 10:21 AM
I'm talking about this:

versus this:

http://i.imgur.com/lhypcJZ.jpg

(note the Spell damage part on the image)

The info on the creature is correct: it will reduce damage from both magic attacks and spells.

ArcaneAzmadi
09-26-2013, 01:03 PM
Well, this patch has thoroughly disabused me of any last lingering notions that the balance team have even the SLIGHTEST idea of what they're doing.

The Banshee nerf is just too stupid for words. Seriously, I could not have come up with a more inappropriate nerf for that card if I'd tried. Banshee was being USED by Necro non-magic decks for creature control, it was only being ABUSED by Necro magic decks to stack yet more creature control on top of the absurd amounts they already got from their dark/earth/fire magic (depending on hero). Fleshbane especially basically relied on Banshee to let him keep up with the other Necro heroes. This nerf basically KILLS non-magic Necro decks (i.e Fleshbane). Just to add insult to injury, Banshee would have been one of the best candidates to use with the new Necro kill fortune from Forgotten Wars, A Life For A Life. Now that's basically impossible since you'd need to be playing 6/3/4. Meanwhile, what effect does this nerf have on Necro spell decks that abuse Banshee (most prominently Adar-Malik)? Nil, zip, nada, zero, NOTHING! Well done!

The Week of Wild Spirits nerf may seem a bit much, but when you keep in mind that all the OTHER "buff multiple creatures" events cost at least 3, it's not too extreme, especially as it gets easier with each expansion to make all-magic creature decks. On the other hand, the Week of Tamed Spirits nerf has basically removed it from the game. I know that as soon as this patch comes out I'm going to remove all copies of this card from any deck that used them and never use them again. It's not even the cost (although the cost is FAR too high), it's the fact that, thanks to the devs' complete cowardice when it comes to changing the game mechanics, you're not able to activate it if it turns over on your enemy's turn, since you can still only take actions on your own turn. So it's only really usable half the time. That was dumb, dumb, dumb.

Finally, the complete lack of nerfs to many cards that needed it is staggering. Atropos REMAINS the most OP creature in the game. Even though he's blatantly OP, rather than rebalance a clearly broken card, Ubisoft would rather release a new expansion with stacks of "magic bullet" cards people have to play instead to counter him. MEMO TO THE IGNORANT: MAGIC BULLETS ARE NOT GOOD GAME DESIGN. Doubly so in a game with no form of sideboard mechanics like DoC. Same goes for Soulreaver. The devs basically ADMIT how powerful Soulreaver is -look at their justification for the new Air spell, Homebound Winds: "we wanted Air to have its own form of Soulreaver". This despite that fact that Homebound Winds is a piece of garbage compared to Soulreaver, costing more resource while not even killing the creature! Also, why would AIR need a spell like this, when Air is already the SECOND best school at killing single large targets? Even worse is Puppet Master. In the 2nd Twitch reveal stream they basically admitted that Puppet Master is OP when describing the new Dark spell Enthrall, basically a MUCH weaker (and if you ask me, FAR more balanced) version of Puppet Master which they described as "how Puppet Master should have been from the start". When I heard that I thought "phew, they're going to NERF THE SH*T out of Puppet Master to give Enthrall a place in the game". How foolish and naive. They're not even LOOKING at Puppet Master, making Enthrall the ultimate definition of a "junk card"- a card you would NEVER WILLINGLY USE because Puppet Master is so massively superior to it that you'd be a clod to even CONSIDER using Enthrall if you had Puppet Master instead. Ironically, I think Enthrall is actually a very balanced and good card- which should tell you how stupid OP Puppet Master is and how stupid the devs are to not even touch it while releasing a grossly inferior version as a new rare.

Let's not even go into the card list of the expansion itself. This is going to be a disaster.

silentbobus
09-26-2013, 01:53 PM
It's difficult to get people to understand why Magic Bullets are poor game design. Some people actually believe Rock-Paper-Scissors style matchups are a plus, rather than a minus, and once you go down that road there's no end to the bad game design decisions you'll make.

I am also disappointed they did nothing to address Atropos. I figured removing him from the game when he hit the graveyard was the least they could do. As it is he in unbalanced even if your opponent casts him only once.

I don't believe Entrall is strictly worse than Puppet Master, because of the 5 resouce cost, and in an Ariana deck I would be inclined to play both. It may now be possible to make an Ariana creature based deck that works entirely on stealing/copying your opponents creatures. I agree Entrall is how they should have designed Puppet Master in the first place (although I would have the creature go back to your opponent's side of the board, not their hand) I predict Entrhall will replace Puppet Master in the core set once the second core set is released.

I am hopeful once things settle down from the expansion they will release another balance patch. Another large area for balance is the epic unique spells from the previous set. The Door to Nowhere is all but useless, while Might of Nature, Forbidden Flame, Strength of Sea, Song of the Lost and Light of Tomorrow are deck defining spells that you shouldn't play without. At the very least something should be done to balance Might of Nature which completely takes over the game in a number of matchups. It's very odd they did official card discussions regarding Might of Nature and Atropos, where virtually everyone involved in the discussion agreed they were overpowered/the best cards in the game. Yet nothing was done in the balance patch.

PengthePenguin
09-26-2013, 01:59 PM
Well yea, they should really do something about the problematic cards. Puppet Master and Soulreaver have shaped the meta since the very beginning by making most of the +5 cost creatures pointlessly hard to use. And like 66% of all the cards, or more, are bad or completely useless. Just look at the new necro cards they made, they're there basicly just to force people to buy packs because of all the necro-junk you might get when you open one.

But why would they care to balance out old cards? Making the useless ones better most likely doesn't seem appealing to them, because people already have those cards. It's all about money, Ubisoft is greedy as hell.

AmineM2
09-26-2013, 02:11 PM
Well, this patch has thoroughly disabused me of any last lingering notions that the balance team have even the SLIGHTEST idea of what they're doing.
(...)

Yea. The devs don't know what they are doing. So why don't you go and find a game designed by people who actually know what they are doing? Seriously: if they are so stupid their product can't be good enough to keep you interested - and you are interested.

Finally, the complete lack of nerfs to many cards that needed it is staggering. Atropos REMAINS the most OP creature in the game. Even though he's blatantly OP, rather than rebalance a clearly broken card, Ubisoft would rather release a new expansion with stacks of "magic bullet" cards people have to play instead to counter him. MEMO TO THE IGNORANT: MAGIC BULLETS ARE NOT GOOD GAME DESIGN.

Memo for you: the main anti-recursion counter (Rise of the Nethermancer) is not anti-Atropos silver bullet. Card recycling will be available for all factions, and Atropos will not be the main problem as Necro is weaken significantly. If you want me to predict the main problem it is wombo-combo played up to 5 times a game.

AbisalAeneas
09-26-2013, 02:28 PM
Memo for you: the main anti-recursion counter (Rise of the Nethermancer) is not anti-Atropos silver bullet. Card recycling will be available for all factions, and Atropos will not be the main problem as Necro is weaken significantly. If you want me to predict the main problem it is wombo-combo played up to 5 times a game.

I'm agree with you about Rise of the Nethermancer has more uses than Atropos silver bullet. But there is no recursion of unique spells, as Song of the Lost, so the wombo-combo can be played more than 1 time in a game. ^^

AmineM2
09-26-2013, 02:32 PM
there is no recursion of unique spells, as Song of the Lost, so the wombo-combo can be played more than 1 time in a game. ^^

Please check Cosmic Singularity.

Psychobabble.au
09-26-2013, 02:49 PM
Finally, the complete lack of nerfs to many cards that needed it is staggering. Atropos REMAINS the most OP creature in the game. Even though he's blatantly OP, rather than rebalance a clearly broken card, Ubisoft would rather release a new expansion with stacks of "magic bullet" cards people have to play instead to counter him. MEMO TO THE IGNORANT: MAGIC BULLETS ARE NOT GOOD GAME DESIGN. Doubly so in a game with no form of sideboard mechanics like DoC.
I agree with you in the abstract, but in this case the fact that the silver bullet is an event which doesn't take up a slot in your maindeck, hits a whole range of different archetypes and is playable by every hero means that it's going to be effective here. Atropos' power level has DRASTICALLY reduced post-expansion. The only issue here is that the card is so powerful that it's going to seriously restrict design space going forward imo.

Also soulreaver isn't broken, that's crazy talk.

silentbobus
09-26-2013, 02:53 PM
I agree with you in the abstract, but in this case the fact that the silver bullet is an event which doesn't take up a slot in your maindeck and is playable by every hero means that it's going to be effective here. Atropos' power level has DRASTICALLY reduced post-expansion. The only issue here is that the card is so powerful that it's going to seriously restrict design space going forward imo.

Also soulreaver isn't broken, that's crazy talk.

I don't agree with Soul Reaver being broken, it seems appropriately costed. If it cost 5 it is unlikely it would even be played. But I do agree with the Puppet Master and Soul Reaver shape the meta argument. There are a lot of solid creatures over 4 resources that do not see play because of the prevalence of these two cards. I think the addition of Enthrall is just going to make things worse. Just about the only creatures over 4 resources I currently see played are either immune to Dark Magic or have a CITP effect.

sonicgarbage
09-26-2013, 02:56 PM
It's not even the cost (although the cost is FAR too high), it's the fact that, thanks to the devs' complete cowardice when it comes to changing the game mechanics, you're not able to activate it if it turns over on your enemy's turn, since you can still only take actions on your own turn. So it's only really usable half the time. That was dumb, dumb, dumb.Pretty sure they DID change the game mechanics to facilitate this. Unless I'm mistaken, if you activated Tamed Spirits on your turn, it will move to the top of the board and remain active on your opponents turn even if it's no longer available at the bottom of the board.

We'll find out in a couple hours.

optimist172rd
09-26-2013, 04:22 PM
i wonder why they nerf avalnche and wasteland instead of delete it from the game
obviously otk decks are still usefull
but otk decks is out from intresting part of game: creature manipulating
otk players are just use 1-2 cards per turn till end of the game
i thinks its not a doc anymore but elofarming
and vs otk decks are usless so intresting spells that uses on enemy creatures
so a lot of creature manipulating intresting decks and ideas are banned only couse of otk decks
is that good?

Gavr1l0
09-26-2013, 05:51 PM
Hmm, looks like stone shield was stealthnerfed.

Otrere
09-26-2013, 07:36 PM
Yep, stone shield has a 4 magic requirement now.

AradorasXeon
09-26-2013, 07:55 PM
Uhm guys, don't mean to disappoint DEVs, but you already had a spell resist abailitty (look at strong hold decks).

GustavXIII
09-26-2013, 08:36 PM
Spell Resist is not Spell Ward ;)

Doegewoon
09-26-2013, 11:20 PM
Does anyone have an ETA on when the netherlands will be able to purchase seals by SMS?

JayC707
09-27-2013, 07:24 AM
A few suggestions for the Devs...but first, thank you - this was an exciting night for me. I really enjoyed the new set and functionality that's been implemented, and am anxious to see what kind of decks are built from the new cards.

That said, some ideas for you to consider:

1. I suggest you make the Altar of Wishes card list sortable by set, rarity, etc. It's a lot to go through, and hard to review what you have from which set, etc. I do see that you can see the quantity that you own, which is good, but I think it can be improved further with this idea. Additionally, it might be nice if the cards were highlighted similar to when you open a pack with a new card you do not own, so it sticks out blatantly for users to see.

2. I'm curious about the wild card values of the cards, and how you came upon them (?). There are other examples of card values that I'm surprised by, for example here is a list:

Atropos - 8 - This seems incredibly low for one of the most powerful cards in the game.You gave values of 16 to the other powerhouses in the game, i.e. Silent Death, Songs of the Lost, Strength of Nature, Strength of the Sea, The Forbidden Flame, so why not this one? Alternative, you gave Blackskull Cyclops a value of 16 when he's probably almost never played in competitive decks.
Banshee - Same question above. Despite the 'nerf', which does make it more challenging to play Banshee for Necro decks that were running Ethereal Fleshbane (despite the complaining by many I've seen already), this guy is still a powerhouse and seems undervalued at 8 wildcards.

3. I think it would be helpful to players if something were 'locked' out that when hovering above the lock image an info pop up would explain why it is locked, and how it can be unlocked specifically. If it's an achievement, what it is and how to get it, if it's because they have no wild cards, say so. It's a bit cryptic as to what I am missing and the achievement screen is not exactly friendly to the eyes to read through to find these things out.

4. Achievement tab / screen - it's very small, cluttered and hard to read through. I think this needs improvement, it doesn't feel 'right', I don't know exactly what to do but it's not well designed in my opinion, from a purely aesthetic perspective.

Again, thank you again, we're moving in the right direction for sure.

P.S. - To everyone going crazy about this and that card, keep this in mind: Magic: The Gathering is the most successful card game ever created and they printed cards like "Sorrows Path" and "Black Lotus", both of which are at the complete opposite spectrum of ridiculous. Chill.

Tarragon
09-27-2013, 09:20 AM
1. Very good idea.

2. The value depends on the rarity and the set, the higher the rarity or the newer the set the card will be more expensive.

3. Another good idea.

aelkoa
09-27-2013, 09:40 AM
What the heck is with a Stone Shield? Why it isn't noticed in the patchnotes???

Evilcr33p
09-27-2013, 03:18 PM
What the heck is with a Stone Shield? Why it isn't noticed in the patchnotes???

+1, i spend many of my wildcards to make a kat OTK and i saw this change on the card after making the deck...

zerolimiti
09-27-2013, 04:18 PM
can anyone explain how to catch up the achievemet "primetime" ???
it says: "start a stream on twitch"
... i think i did... but nothing huppens.
thank you

Revalon
09-27-2013, 11:13 PM
I guess you gotta do it in the client.
You gotta go to the options, there you click the "twitch" button, type in your twitch account data and click the "play" button.

worked for me.

Rio2160
09-28-2013, 07:22 PM
The Banshee nerf is just too stupid for words. Seriously, I could not have come up with a more inappropriate nerf for that card if I'd tried. Banshee was being USED by Necro non-magic decks for creature control, it was only being ABUSED by Necro magic decks to stack yet more creature control on top of the absurd amounts they already got from their dark/earth/fire magic (depending on hero). Fleshbane especially basically relied on Banshee to let him keep up with the other Necro heroes. This nerf basically KILLS non-magic Necro decks (i.e Fleshbane). Just to add insult to injury, Banshee would have been one of the best candidates to use with the new Necro kill fortune from Forgotten Wars, A Life For A Life. Now that's basically impossible since you'd need to be playing 6/3/4. Meanwhile, what effect does this nerf have on Necro spell decks that abuse Banshee (most prominently Adar-Malik)? Nil, zip, nada, zero, NOTHING! Well done!

I have to agree about the Banshee nerf, it's just pointless to give it 3 MAGIC requirement... I think it would be fine if it was 2 magic, or maybe 1 magic and 3 fortune. If they don't change it, Fleshbane will be just another unplayable hero.

Adderdin
09-28-2013, 09:35 PM
I have to agree about the Banshee nerf, it's just pointless to give it 3 MAGIC requirement... I think it would be fine if it was 2 magic, or maybe 1 magic and 3 fortune. If they don't change it, Fleshbane will be just another unplayable hero.

Well, face the facts, Ubisoft decided to nerf Necro because it have seemed too dominant. In this expansion necro got shafted, just like Haven in previous expansion. Time to switch to another Flavor of the Expansion faction.

sanyika993
09-29-2013, 06:49 AM
Time to switch to another Flavor of the Expansion faction.

Time to jump on another bandwagon, right.

Adderdin
09-29-2013, 07:17 AM
Time to jump on another bandwagon, right.

Mkay... I dont really get your thought process. Are you the Card Game Hipster? Do you refuse to use anything that is mainstream (like normal decks that people consider the strongest they can get with their cardpool to maximise the game pleasure and gold/exp aquisition)? Do you run with the underground decks like 1/6/4 Haven or 1/33/7 Necro? Because nobody would play that? Hanging at the 501-502 elo treshold? Fighting the army of Belias bots in the name of justice?

ManlyMantonio
10-01-2013, 04:55 PM
Mkay... I dont really get your thought process. Are you the Card Game Hipster? Do you refuse to use anything that is mainstream (like normal decks that people consider the strongest they can get with their cardpool to maximise the game pleasure and gold/exp aquisition)? Do you run with the underground decks like 1/6/4 Haven or 1/33/7 Necro? Because nobody would play that? Hanging at the 501-502 elo treshold? Fighting the army of Belias bots in the name of justice?

Gold!

zoro7381
10-02-2013, 05:28 AM
Please...PLEASE ubisoft stop using this forum for patch notes. Please just post the notes for the patch on your website. I've been digging through this thread for the last 15 minutes trying to find what this update is that I'm downloading right now and I'm unable to find it. Forums should be for dynamic information and for players to discuss amongst themselves not a place for a company to post updates to their games!! Please put the notes in an easy to reach area as soon as possible.

Quutar
10-02-2013, 05:50 AM
Please...PLEASE ubisoft stop using this forum for patch notes. Please just post the notes for the patch on your website. I've been digging through this thread for the last 15 minutes trying to find what this update is that I'm downloading right now and I'm unable to find it. Forums should be for dynamic information and for players to discuss amongst themselves not a place for a company to post updates to their games!! Please put the notes in an easy to reach area as soon as possible.

This.
There is also this thing, called launcher, which is pretty handy in a way that it reaches 100% of the playerbase every day. Have you considered adding link to patchnotes in there? I haven't seen most recent notes either, so I'm guessing they are at polish forum or something again...

Adderdin
10-02-2013, 05:40 PM

Dude they fired everyone with basic html/java skills, their web page has not been updated with Sanctuary or Academy factions (the game/factions has only 4 listed), they dont have the Game Rules section (what can get you banned, apparently abusing hero ability can, belias for example, but nobody knows if its only belias, perhaps Arianna aswell, nobody knows).

Well either they fired everyone who could, or they are too lazy to do it.

sanyika993
10-07-2013, 06:46 PM

Although I'm late with the answer, I just wanted to say 'no' : ) The reasoning behind my thought process is that it was boring to see necro decks every second game, and also boring to see people whose decision making is based solely on the strongest deck they can find on the internet, instead of trying to come up with something of their own.