PDA

View Full Version : [UK] Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag: first to play at the Eurogamer Expo this weekend

Mr_Shade
09-23-2013, 03:03 PM
London, September, 23, 2013: Be one of the first in the UK to play Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag at the Eurogamer Expo this weekend!

Get hands on with three different demos at the Ubisoft, NVIDIA and Sony stands, and pick up your free exclusive Assassin's Creed Ace of Spades card, designed by award winning London artist Vic Lee, from stand staff after you have played* (while stocks last).

Fans who pre order Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag from the GAME stand at the Expo will also receive a limited edition artwork print, exclusively designed for Ubisoft by Vic Lee.

Mr Vic Lee - described variously as a storyteller, artist, illustrator, historian, mapper, ragamuffin and vagabond - can been discovered at viclee.co.uk (http://www.viclee.co.uk/Vic_Lee_Store_Home.html)

This is only the beginning of your Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag journey. The Ace of Spades is the key, the question is... to what?

* One card per person whilst stocks last

adventurewomen
09-23-2013, 03:07 PM
Thanks for the info Mr.Shade :)

I'll be at Eurogamer on Thursday! :)

silvermercy
09-23-2013, 03:08 PM
I have already pre-ordered 2 special editions LOL. And I have the card! hehe... So can I take one of your Edward cosplayers ?? :D

cu on Sunday!!

edit: oh I'll smile so smugly when I pass others trying to figure out the card! mwahaha...

lothario-da-be
09-23-2013, 03:41 PM
People who pre-order at game get exclusive artwork... And people who buy a 150 euro edition don't... f*ck logic...

ladyleonhart
09-23-2013, 05:32 PM
Three different demos...? :D

Wow, you're really spoiling us. I can't wait. :)

I have two already. ;)

adventurewomen
09-23-2013, 06:19 PM
Three different demos...? :D

Wow, you're really spoiling us. I can't wait. :)

I have two already. ;)
IKR, last year there was two demos! xD

One was a Navel Mission the other was just an Aquila mission with Mr. Falkner. :D

This is the last Eurogamer, I'm going to though! :(

ladyleonhart
09-23-2013, 06:36 PM
IKR, last year there was two demos! xD

One was a Navel Mission the other was just an Aquila mission with Mr. Falkner. :D

This is the last Eurogamer, I'm going to though! :(

At least you will be back in NY though. :D You said you were homesick, right...? Maybe you'll get a chance to attend an expo like this for the next AC there. ;) Um... do they have expos like Eurogamer in NY...?

Well, this will be my first time, but I'm actually a bit worried now. I noticed something in the original post after I posted here. Maybe you could help.

The part I was concerned about is this:

Be one of the first in the UK to play Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag at the Eurogamer Expo this weekend!

Does this mean that the demos are only available at the weekend...? :(

adventurewomen
09-23-2013, 06:46 PM
At least you will be back in NY though. :D You said you were homesick, right...? Maybe you'll get a chance to attend an expo like this for the next AC there. ;) Um... do they have expos like Eurogamer in NY...?

Well, this will be my first time, but I'm actually a bit worried now. I noticed something in the original post after I posted here. Maybe you could help.

The part I was concerned about is this:

Does this mean that the demos are only available at the weekend...? :(
Yeah, I've been homesick for the longest time, it sucks but it's okay I've got less than 10 months left here. I go home when I can when I'm not busy during semester.

Yes there are expo's the biggest one being Comic Con in San Diego, because Ubisoft go there all the time and there's so many cosplayers there too! :D

I'm a little worried about that too, since I could only get a ticket for Thursday evening. :-/

Hopefully Mr.Shade can let us know! :)

Mr_Shade
09-23-2013, 06:56 PM
The demos are available everyday.. But expect a bit of a line - the whole event covers the weekend -which is the most popular time..

- tbh my weekend starts on Thursday LOL

RatonhnhakeFan
09-23-2013, 07:02 PM
Damn wish I could go a take a picture with Shady

silvermercy
09-23-2013, 07:03 PM
Why did I get a ticket for Sunday!? oh whyyy.......

Hey, who else is going? Don't tell me only us, females (me, Ladyleonhart, adventurewomen), are going to the Expo from this forum! lol

lothario-da-be
09-23-2013, 07:56 PM
Why did I get a ticket for Sunday!? oh whyyy.......

Hey, who else is going? Don't tell me only us, females (me, Ladyleonhart, adventurewomen), are going to the Expo from this forum! lol
Will you meet each other there? Just curious to know :p

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
09-23-2013, 07:58 PM
I'll be there Saturday and Sunday :)

pacmanate
09-23-2013, 08:06 PM
All females at Eurogamer this year?! There's got to be ONE guy (Other than Shade, he doesn't count)

lothario-da-be
09-23-2013, 08:10 PM
All females at Eurogamer this year?! There's got to be ONE guy (Other than Shade, he doesn't count)
Maybe assassin-M is going now:p

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
09-23-2013, 08:19 PM
Aww poor Mr_Shade, of course he counts ;)

pacmanate
09-23-2013, 08:35 PM
Aww poor Mr_Shade, of course he counts ;)

But he's a

*whispers*

Forum manager

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
09-23-2013, 08:36 PM
lol so am I :)

ladyleonhart
09-23-2013, 08:38 PM
The demos are available everyday.. But expect a bit of a line - the whole event covers the weekend -which is the most popular time..

- tbh my weekend starts on Thursday LOL

Thank you. :D

If the weekend is the most popular time, then I'm glad my ticket is for Thursday. ;)

silvermercy
09-23-2013, 08:59 PM
I'll be there Saturday and Sunday :)
Will you be wearing a blue or red sock so I can recognise you on Sunday? :p

pacmanate
09-23-2013, 09:16 PM
lol so am I :)

But you are a woman!

adventurewomen
09-23-2013, 09:28 PM
Hmm... maybe! :D

silvermercy
09-24-2013, 01:08 AM

I'm not sure if the days coincide. We will try though! ^^

Mr_Shade
09-24-2013, 10:23 AM
Damn wish I could go a take a picture with Shady
lol?

why..?

anywhoooo...

I'm there Thursday and Friday if anyone wants to find me ;)

adventurewomen
09-24-2013, 08:37 PM
Thursday get here already!! >__<

ladyleonhart
09-24-2013, 08:52 PM
Thursday get here already!! >__<

Lol, there's really not that long to go now. :P

adventurewomen
09-24-2013, 09:01 PM
Lol, there's really not that long to go now. :P
True, I just seriously can't wait!

Last year i only had a ticket for the last day, and I don't know how I coped for the whole week - I was more patient but impatiently waiting to see Ratonhnhaké:ton I loved the demos last year! :D

Mr_Shade
09-24-2013, 11:47 PM
FYI - those interested...

I am due to be working I the AC4 demo based on the Sony booth ;) - so you get 3 birds with one stone - play AC4 - experience the PS4 hardware AND maybe see me ;)

well the 3rd thing is really you get an Ace of Spades card for playing the demo ;)

Don't forget to try all 3 demos!

pacmanate
09-25-2013, 09:18 AM
This makes me sad, I want to go. F this. I am going next year. See you guys there.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
09-25-2013, 04:39 PM
Will you be wearing a blue or red sock so I can recognise you on Sunday? :p

Haha, I'll be wearing a staff t shirt, not sure about sock colour yet.

RatonhnhakeFan
09-25-2013, 04:43 PM
lol?

why..?'Cause I think u would be cool and fluffly :rolleyes:

Plus compliments are great way to get my hands on some juicy Raton info hehehehe

pacmanate
09-25-2013, 05:08 PM
'Cause I think u would be cool and fluffly :rolleyes:

hahahhaahahaha

silvermercy
09-25-2013, 09:05 PM
Haha, I'll be wearing a staff t shirt, not sure about sock colour yet.
Staff T shirt! Got it! :D

(Even though I'll probably stalk/annoy all Ubi employees and Edward cosplayers anyway! :p)

adventurewomen
09-25-2013, 11:10 PM
Not too long now!!

@Sliver are you traveling to London by Friday? :)

silvermercy
09-25-2013, 11:40 PM
Not too long now!!

@Sliver are you traveling to London by Friday? :)
I'm flying into London on Friday but will only be on the expo on Sunday (afternoon session) unfortunately...

Shahkulu101
09-25-2013, 11:56 PM
It will be two years yet till I can go to Eurogamer - you have to be 18 sadly. :(

Can't wait to get my hands on the AC VI demo lol

adventurewomen
09-26-2013, 12:06 AM
I'm flying into London on Friday but will only be on the expo on Sunday (afternoon session) unfortunately...
:)

Look on the positive side at least you're going to be there! :)

@Shahkulu: Don't worry you'll go one day! :)

Shahkulu101
09-26-2013, 12:13 AM
:)

Look on the positive side at least you're going to be there! :)

@Shahkulu: Don't worry you'll go one day! :)

I sure will, it should be worth the wait. I really don't like lines though but I'd love to meet new people - none of my friends like AC haha. Not to mention the sweet, sweet early access. :)

Oh and Silver, don't forget we will be expecting your detailed synopsis on the combat. ;)

adventurewomen
09-26-2013, 12:28 AM
I sure will, it should be worth the wait. I really don't like lines though but I'd love to meet new people - none of my friends like AC haha. Not to mention the sweet, sweet early access. :)

Oh and Silver, don't forget we will be expecting your detailed synopsis on the combat. ;)
It will be definite worth the wait! :)

HEY!! I'm going there too, I can give an indepth review also! :-|

Shahkulu101
09-26-2013, 12:31 AM
It will be definite worth the wait! :)

HEY!! I'm going there too, I can give an indepth review also! :-|

We had told Silver to do it prior though, but of course you can do it also - I'd love to read it.

adventurewomen
09-26-2013, 12:33 AM
We had told Silver to do it prior though, but of course you can do it also - I'd love to read it.
I'm going today since i's already 12:32 am and Sliver is going there on Sunday! ;)

Well it's nice to know what you would like to know my thoughts about AC4!

silvermercy
09-26-2013, 12:41 AM
haha! Whoever goes first. :p We will provide different points of view. The more the merrier! XD

silvermercy
09-26-2013, 12:41 AM
But serioosly. I told ya all b4! I willz be stalking all de AC devs!! I wil provaide you wiht a fool accaount of ze stalking experienz.

adventurewomen
09-26-2013, 09:15 AM
Hehe yay!! Today is the day I'ma have some fun there!! ;)

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
09-26-2013, 12:28 PM
Have fun guys, I will be there Saturday and Sunday :)

AnthonyA85
09-26-2013, 06:13 PM
Have fun girls, looking forward to your DETAILED reviews of the demos :)

I wish I could go, but i don't have a ticket, and London is a bit of a drive away, and I CAN'T drive so....yeah.

Oh, and if any of you get the chance, could you ask the devs at the Nvidia booth if any graphical features of the game are Nvidia dependant (Revelations had some, I'm not sure about AC3, but i'm worried AC4 might, and i'm not using an Nvidia card)

adventurewomen
09-26-2013, 11:35 PM
I just got back OMG AC4 is amazing! I just also realized I left my account logged in all day here on the forums! :D

Great day it was today, I managed to get another ticket from my friend he couldn't make it to the Expo in Sunday I'll be going again on Sunday!! :D

I'll write a detailed review and I'm starting writing up my review I'll post it after I have played the AC4 demos again on Sunday! :)

The PC version looks incredible! :D

silvermercy
09-26-2013, 11:41 PM
You'll be going again on Sunday!? Yaaay! I'll meet you then! hahaha! :D

adventurewomen
09-26-2013, 11:49 PM
You'll be going again on Sunday!? Yaaay! I'll meet you then! hahaha! :D
Yeah! & YAY, can't wait!! :D

It was so busy there!

Captain Grampa Edward is the lad as the British say! :D

pacmanate
09-26-2013, 11:51 PM
Yeah! & YAY, can't wait!! :D

It was so busy there!

Captain Grampa Edward is the lad as the British say! :D

Oh God, the dreaded "lad" *facepalms*.

how was AI detection?

silvermercy
09-26-2013, 11:59 PM
Hahaha! The lad... I wonder if he would be a "chav", too, by today's standards! LMAO!

Lucky you, playing twice! :p Your review will be more detailed than mine. lol

adventurewomen
09-27-2013, 12:27 AM
Oh God, the dreaded "lad" *facepalms*.

how was AI detection?
Indeed! :D

The AI detection has vastly improved! I'll write more about this in detail of my AC4 Eurogamer review! :D

Hahaha! The lad... I wonder if he would be a "chav", too, by today's standards! LMAO!

Lol Maybe.. i'm surprised even know what means! I had my British friend explain it to me the meaning, we have something similar however we just call them trailer trash! xD

Captain Gramps Edward is a classy pirate that is my impression of him! Edward's accent is nice too!

Yeah, however I'd like to play more than twice.. on Sunday I'll keep going back to play! :D

I've got like 5 AC limited edition cards! I kept finding them around and just collected them! xD

pacmanate
09-27-2013, 08:16 AM

Do you see Edward talking Slang? Does he walk henched with "Swagger"? Does he constantly swear and say "Fam" or "BLUD"?

NO.

DO NOT EVER SAY THAT AGAIN D:

silvermercy
09-27-2013, 08:59 AM
Do you see Edward talking Slang? Does he walk henched with "Swagger"? Does he constantly swear and say "Fam" or "BLUD"?

NO.

DO NOT EVER SAY THAT AGAIN D:

lol I shall only rest until I am assured he's not wearing a fake Gucci hat!!

adventurewomen
09-27-2013, 09:20 AM
I wish I could be there today and everyday to be honest! :D

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
09-27-2013, 11:43 AM
I just got back OMG AC4 is amazing! I

Glad to hear you enjoyed it :) see you Sunday :)

adventurewomen
09-29-2013, 10:14 PM
I just wanted to thank all the Ubisoft employees for being nice, friendly and helpful! :)

Looking forward to Black Flag! :D

I'll finish writing my review tomorrow, I'm tired now long day!

RatonhnhakeFan
09-29-2013, 10:48 PM
I just wanted to thank all the Ubisoft employees for being nice, friendly and helpful! :)But did they give you and silver and free swag? :p

adventurewomen
09-29-2013, 10:54 PM
But did they give you and silver and free swag? :p
Of course they did! :)

I got 10 of those limited edition AC 4 BF cards! Not all at once though, over the time. :D

RatonhnhakeFan
09-29-2013, 10:57 PM
Of course they did! :)

I got 10 of those limited edition AC 4 BF cards! Not all at once though, over the time. :D
lol I was actually joking but yay for swag! ;) Did you plug Raton sequel request to them? :p

adventurewomen
09-29-2013, 11:15 PM
lol I was actually joking but yay for swag! ;) Did you plug Raton sequel request to them? :p
IKR!! :D

Yes I did ask a few of them about Ratonhnhaké:ton, the best answer I got was. I speaking to someone in Ubisoft at the AC4 demo stand they said well after AC4 the AC world is open so anything could happen, they also said to just keep an open mind.