PDA

View Full Version : Hardest mission in Assassins Creed 2?

ACRules2
09-22-2013, 09:05 PM
In short, well, can't really put it any shorter, but what was the hardest mission in AC2?
You can also list the Bonfire of the Vanities and the Battle of Forli separately, if you so desire.

AnthonyA85
09-22-2013, 09:14 PM
For me? It's a tie between that Capture The Flag game from the Venice Carnival (where you had to grab the flag 3 times while staying away from another guy who free-runs faster than you) and Vizitone's Secret tomb (the one with the wall puzzle), and the one with the floor puzzle is a close second.

Shahkulu101
09-22-2013, 09:20 PM
Err...none were that hard but I did run into some trouble with one of the tomb's in Venice - the puzzle one.

adventurewomen
09-22-2013, 09:24 PM
That flag game during the Carnival was annoying!

SixKeys
09-22-2013, 10:04 PM
The flag one isn't hard at all if you have good armour. I just make a near-suicidal jump from the roof, heal myself and scamper back up with the flag. ;)

The boat mission in Bonfire of Vanities used to drive me crazy. That was definitely the hardest. Now it's my favorite mission. Visitazione's Secret was annoying but not because it was difficult per se, the controls coupled with the camera angles just sucked.

adventurewomen
09-22-2013, 10:06 PM
^ I know the Flag game during Carnival wasn't hard, it was just damn annoying even with really good armour! That was the only mission that annoyed me in AC2 all the other missions were too easy!

Bonfire of Vanities was easy! :p

SixKeys
09-22-2013, 10:09 PM
I also had some trouble with the Bonfire of Vanities mission where you had to kill the farmer (?) who was holding people's food ransom. It took me a while to figure out the best route that wouldn't get me detected.

Shahkulu101
09-22-2013, 10:13 PM
Bonfire of the vanities provided the most fun I had in AC2. Especially the old priest at the top of the Cathedral, took me a while to find ways to dodge the archers. The fun factor was at it's strongest back then.

ArabianFrost
09-22-2013, 10:29 PM
Bonfire of the vanities provided the most fun I had in AC2. Especially the old priest at the top of the Cathedral, took me a while to find ways to dodge the archers. The fun factor was at it's strongest back then.

The bonfire vanities definitely was THE definition of how an AC DLC should be like. Pure assassination pleasure.

I concur. That priest on the top of the cathedral was hard to navigate to in the first place, nevertheless avoid all the AI.

Megas_Doux
09-22-2013, 10:38 PM
Bonfire of Vanities both Priest and merchant Assassinations.

Kaschra
09-22-2013, 10:52 PM
The Bonfires of Vanities DLC definitely was a lot of fun.
Actually I had the most problems with it's ship mission, took me some time to find a good way to avoid or get rid of the guards.

LoyalACFan
09-22-2013, 10:54 PM
Embarrassingly enough, Uberto's assassination was extremely frustrating at first, because I didn't yet realize you could hire courtesans. I thought they were just there as a stationary blend spot for escaping chases. After I figured that out, though, all you have to do is hire them and walk right through the door.

Other than that, I didn't have trouble on anything other than the one tomb which housed the Mongolian Assassin (can't remember which one it was). The final part where you had to hit the switch and run through the rafters bugged the hell out of me.

Shahkulu101
09-22-2013, 11:05 PM
Embarrassingly enough, Uberto's assassination was extremely frustrating at first, because I didn't yet realize you could hire courtesans. I thought they were just there as a stationary blend spot for escaping chases. After I figured that out, though, all you have to do is hire them and walk right through the door.

Other than that, I didn't have trouble on anything other than the one tomb which housed the Mongolian Assassin (can't remember which one it was). The final part where you had to hit the switch and run through the rafters bugged the hell out of me.

You don't even need to hire courtesans, you can climb on a building then into the courtyard. I only found use for the courtesans, or any faction for that matter, when collecting the codex pages.

roostersrule2
09-22-2013, 11:26 PM
The ship mission in the Bonfire of the Vanitites.

Shahkulu101
09-22-2013, 11:30 PM
The ship mission in AC3 is harder.

roostersrule2
09-22-2013, 11:39 PM
The ship mission in AC3 is harder.That one with Haytham at the start was pretty hard, I have them at equal hard, semi-hard.

Shahkulu101
09-23-2013, 12:04 AM
That one with Haytham at the start was pretty hard, I have them at equal hard, semi-hard.

It's actually hard with no HUD on your first playthrough - there was a bug and that was my default setting going into it so I though that was how it was meant to be played.

Billiam301
09-23-2013, 12:06 AM
It's not a 'mission' but the optional objective on AC3 where you had to destroy 3 ships by shooting it's gunpowder on a naval mission. It took me hours of replying to expose the ship's gunpowder without accidentally destroying it

I-Like-Pie45
09-23-2013, 12:28 AM
The mission where you have to help Da Vinci and your mom carry boxes and the one where you give the fat kid feathers

GOD SO FRUSTRATING I NEVER BEAT GAME I SNAPPED THE DISC IN TWO

Farlander1991
09-23-2013, 08:09 AM
The farmer mission in Bonfire of Vanities DLC. It's a mission I probably failed the most out of all AC games.

Locopells
09-23-2013, 09:49 AM
The side mission where you have to kill 10 brutes in something like 60 seconds - I always do those before moving on in the story, so I don't have smoke bomb or anything,

Farlander1991
09-23-2013, 10:06 AM
The side mission where you have to kill 10 brutes in something like 60 seconds - I always do those before moving on in the story, so I don't have smoke bomb or anything,

I actually found that to be fairly easy, I used poison blade on half of them or smth (I think you have it by that point? Maybe I just do it a little bit later), and then when the other half was distracted I'd low profile assassinate as many as possible and would beat in battle the rest.