PDA

View Full Version : AC IV: Why You Should Buy The Current Gen Copy

STDlyMcStudpants
09-22-2013, 01:12 AM
PS3 or PS4?
Buy current gen!
If you buy a copy of Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag on PS3 you will get a magical code inside than you can redeem in the Playstation Network.
But what does this magical code do?!
Well, I'm glad you asked.
This code allows you to upgrade to the PS4 version of the game once you move onto Next Gen...(For $10)
You get the PS3 and PS4 version for $70!!
$35 each!!! Oooo I'll sell my code on ebay or give my nephew the PS3 copy and just use the PS4 Code for myself! No, you won't. Your PS3 disk will need to be inserted into your PS4 for you to be able to play this upgraded version.
Now I'm not sure how next Gen will work in terms of Achievements and Trophies other than that they will carry over.
Hopefully these 2 versions will count as 2 separate trophy sets for even more encouragement to replay!
But how will online work? That goes off of your PSN..so when you play AC4 on PS4 will you already be Level 55? or will these truly count as 2 completely separate games?
Or maybe it will be like Vita and instant pop all of your trophies?
Time will tell!

Other games that will do this include Call of Duty: Ghosts, Battlefield 4, and Watch Dogs

Deadlines to redeem code:
AC IV - January 31st
Watch Dogs and Battlefield 4 - March 28th a
COD Ghosts - March 31st

ze_topazio
09-22-2013, 01:21 AM
Because "you don't have a next gen console" should be reason enough.

STDlyMcStudpants
09-22-2013, 01:30 AM
Because "you don't have a next gen console" should be reason enough.
Haha well now there is reason even if you do!

RatonhnhakeFan
09-22-2013, 01:34 AM
Ohh Battlefield 4 also confirmed to this? :D

roostersrule2
09-22-2013, 01:35 AM
What if you have an Xbox though?

Shahkulu101
09-22-2013, 01:37 AM
$10? That's like what 5 or 6 pounds? What a bargain - definitely going for this then.

Shahkulu101
09-22-2013, 01:38 AM

Then LOL at u

STDlyMcStudpants
09-22-2013, 01:38 AM

I THINK xbox is doing this too, cant confirm yes or no, I just know for certain that Sony is.

STDlyMcStudpants
09-22-2013, 01:44 AM
Did some research. Xbox IS doing this BUT their program is trade in. You have to trade in your 360 version and then they will let you buy the Xbox One version for $10 later this year.
Participating so far are GameStop and Amazon
Xbox:
GameStop: Madden NFL 25, Call of Duty: Ghosts, FIFA 14, Battlefield 4, and Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag.
Amazon's offer includes all of those games in addition to NBA 2K14, Watch Dogs, and Need for Speed Rivals.
you'll need to be a PowerUp Rewards member in order to take advantage of the deal at GameStop.

roostersrule2
09-22-2013, 01:45 AM
My problem is I want to go from Xbox-PS4, which I doubt they would let happen.

adventurewomen
09-22-2013, 01:46 AM
Next gen thats only if you are actually planning to buy a PS4, not worth it otherwise! LOL That's just obvious.. :D

Shahkulu101
09-22-2013, 01:46 AM

Just get an XBOX one - in terms of gameplay and visuals they're virtually the same.

STDlyMcStudpants
09-22-2013, 01:48 AM

Yeah I'm not too sure if that would work...

STDlyMcStudpants
09-22-2013, 01:49 AM
Just get an XBOX one - in terms of gameplay and visuals they're virtually the same.

Long term though, do you see Xbox standing strong for the next 10 years?
Personally I see it crumbling...

roostersrule2
09-22-2013, 01:57 AM
Just get an XBOX one - in terms of gameplay and visuals they're virtually the same.Maybe, but PS has better exclusives, I'd rather have to play one game on current gen then to not be able to play the next uncharted or TLOU 2 if they come out.

SixKeys
09-22-2013, 01:58 AM
http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/008/2/2/_wallpaper__glorious_pc_gaming_master_race_by_admi ralserenity-d5qvxos.png

adventurewomen
09-22-2013, 02:00 AM
Well I'm a Console and PC gamer, so I don't really need to worry about this. I'm not going to buy a XONE or a PS4 for at least a year. :D

STDlyMcStudpants
09-22-2013, 02:02 AM
http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/008/2/2/_wallpaper__glorious_pc_gaming_master_race_by_admi ralserenity-d5qvxos.png

How are you liking GTA V? ;D

SixKeys
09-22-2013, 02:03 AM

I don't. That's why I've never played them. :)

adventurewomen
09-22-2013, 02:04 AM
You did not just say that, but nah I'm not missing out since I have GTA V on my 360! :p

Shahkulu101
09-22-2013, 02:14 AM

I had the impression you played TLoU when you had a certain debate with rooster. I take it you have both then? :confused:

STDlyMcStudpants
09-22-2013, 02:21 AM
Lol I'd totally be a primarily PC gamer if I wasnt a trophy addict.
I play games for their story...would have loved AC3 to look like it did on pc for ps3.
But would still have my ps3 for exclusives :D
But i am a trophy ***** so ineeeeed themmm :DDD

SixKeys
09-22-2013, 02:59 AM
I had the impression you played TLoU when you had a certain debate with rooster. I take it you have both then? :confused:

Yeah, we have a PS3 for a few exclusive titles (TLoU, RDR, Journey etc.)

poptartz20
09-22-2013, 03:17 AM

Psshht.... The next gen after this one Xbox and Sony will combine their powers to become the ultimate gaming system. THE PS BOX. (BEST NAME EVAR!) Monopolizing the gaming industry. Leaving behind PC and the Wii... well technically the Wii U isn't even a player in this gen anyways. :| eff PC! lol!

pirate1802
09-22-2013, 03:40 AM

LOL

I don't. That's why I've never played them. :)

You don't like GTA??? :O

I-Like-Pie45
09-22-2013, 04:10 AM
burn the witch!

pacmanate
09-22-2013, 11:49 AM
$10? That's like what 5 or 6 pounds? What a bargain - definitely going for this then.

Its 9.99.

Also, why buy the inferior version? Its like having a PC and buying the PS3 version of something.

roostersrule2
09-22-2013, 11:58 AM
PC gaming is overrated to the ****.

pacmanate
09-22-2013, 12:02 PM
PC gaming is overrated to the ****.

In regards to the thread though, why buy the PS3 version if you can get the PS4 (If you are getting one, which I guess this is what the thread implies because you wouldnt get the PS4 version if you werent getting a PS4).

PS4 has all those new features not present on the PS3, the fog and foliage/rain for example. Not to mention we dont know if saves carry over.

And if they did, there is a month gap between the PS3 and PS4 version. You can finish AC games in a month easily.

roostersrule2
09-22-2013, 12:05 PM
In regards to the thread though, why buy the PS3 version if you can get the PS4 (If you are getting one, which I guess this is what the thread implies because you wouldnt get the PS4 version if you werent getting a PS4).

PS4 has all those new features not present on the PS3, the fog and foliage/rain for example. Not to mention we dont know if saves carry over.

And if they did, there is a month gap between the PS3 and PS4 version. You can finish AC games in a month easily.Because it saves the wait, you don't have to leave the forums because of spoilers , you get to play it on release and then you can replay it on a superior version for $10.

It's the best way to do things IMO.

pacmanate
09-22-2013, 12:06 PM
Because it saves the wait, you don't have to leave the forums because of spoilers , you get to play it on release and then you can replay it on a superior version for $10.

It's the best way to do things IMO.

Eh, each to their own. I would rather not go on the forums and wait for a better experience.

roostersrule2
09-22-2013, 12:08 PM
Eh, each to their own. I would rather not go on the forums and wait for a better experience.Would the experience really be enhanced by better graphics and more leaves?

pacmanate
09-22-2013, 12:14 PM
Would the experience really be enhanced by better graphics and more leaves?

Better Textures
Better Lighting
Fog effect
Better water
Foliage
Rain effecting foliage
Real time water reflections

For me, the experience will be better. To me otherwise its just a reskinned AC3 but with seamlessness and a Caribbean world and new story.

roostersrule2
09-22-2013, 12:15 PM
Better Textures
Better Lighting
Fog effect
Better water
Foliage
Rain effecting foliage
Real time water reflections

For me, the experience will be better. To me otherwise its just a reskinned AC3 but with seamlessness and a Caribbean world and new story.Wouldn't that make the PS4 version a re-skinned, re-skinned AC3 but with seamlessness and a Caribbean world and new story?

pacmanate
09-22-2013, 12:18 PM
Wouldn't that make the PS4 version a re-skinned, re-skinned AC3 but with seamlessness and a Caribbean world and new story?

No? Because everything already present will be better (Textures, Sea, Lighting) and you get loads of new things (Foliage, reflections, rain, fog). It just adds to making the world beautiful. I just want the Caribbean to look as nice as it does in the PS4 videos. I know if I get it on PS3 it will not look like that for a start, and I will feel sad.

roostersrule2
09-22-2013, 12:19 PM
No? Because everything already present will be better (Textures, Sea, Lighting) and you get loads of new things (Foliage, reflections, rain, fog). It just adds to making the world beautiful. I just want the Caribbean to look as nice as it does in the PS4 videos. I know if I get it on PS3 it will not look like that for a start, and I will feel sad.Perhaps and I want that too, but screw waiting.

I'm still unsure what to buy it on, I'd probably have to wait for Christmas until I get a PS4, but I can't do the $10 trade thing. So I'm probably going to have to get it for 360.

lothario-da-be
09-22-2013, 12:21 PM
No? Because everything already present will be better (Textures, Sea, Lighting) and you get loads of new things (Foliage, reflections, rain, fog). It just adds to making the world beautiful. I just want the Caribbean to look as nice as it does in the PS4 videos. I know if I get it on PS3 it will not look like that for a start, and I will feel sad.
I wonder how much difference all those things will make. Not that much i fear.

lothario-da-be
09-22-2013, 12:22 PM
Perhaps and I want that too, but screw waiting.

I'm still unsure what to buy it on, I'd probably have to wait for Christmas until I get a PS4, but I can't do the $10 trade thing. So I'm probably going to have to get it for 360.
I buy the ps3 version, and later the goty version for ps4. My problem was solved imediately then.:)

silvermercy
09-22-2013, 12:23 PM
I have preordered the special editions (Buccaneer and Black Chest) for both PS3 and PS4 so it's too late for me now. lol I wish I could wait a month for the PS4 but I don't have the patience... (plus I haven't preordered a PS4 console either. lulz)

pacmanate
09-22-2013, 12:24 PM
I wonder how much difference all those things will make. Not that much i fear.

Well what you have been seeing so far is PS4 footage. Your PS3 version will not look like that.

I just know I would be disappointed after all the videos I have seen, mine just looks crap in comparison with features taken out.

roostersrule2
09-22-2013, 12:27 PM
It'll look better then AC3.

lothario-da-be
09-22-2013, 12:28 PM
Well what you have been seeing so far is PS4 footage. Your PS3 version will not look like that.

I just know I would be disappointed after all the videos I have seen, mine just looks crap in comparison with features taken out.
My expectations are ac3 graphics, i watch the ac4 footage to see the new features, graphics are less important.

Shahkulu101
09-22-2013, 02:44 PM
Aww, man. I thought the graphics would be the exact same with that code - will probably try to get a next gen copy at launch then.

Thing is, I'm not paying with my own money and things are a bit tight at home.

HawkMan886
09-22-2013, 03:26 PM
Im getting next gen because I don't have a Current Gen

Problem ?

roostersrule2
09-22-2013, 03:33 PM

Problem ?u wot m8?

pacmanate
09-22-2013, 05:01 PM

Problem ?

wat

mhg87
09-22-2013, 05:20 PM
Cash is tight right now so I am going for the current gen version.

Dutchman141
09-22-2013, 05:25 PM
Cash is tight right now so I am going for the current gen version.
Same here, besides I don't think current gen will look bad, just not as good as next gen.

Shahkulu101
09-22-2013, 05:29 PM
Damn those pesky next gen visuals - I want both versions and I hate my self for it.

pacmanate
09-22-2013, 05:32 PM
Same here, besides I don't think current gen will look bad, just not as good as next gen.

It won't look bad, it just wont look like what we have seen. It will look like AC3, which isn't bad, but it will most likely suffer from draw distance issues, shadowing and pop in again.

The arguments I was making was not that current gen is crap, I was just saying if you are getting a PS4, good things come to those that wait.

STDlyMcStudpants
09-22-2013, 05:52 PM
Its 9.99.

Also, why buy the inferior version? Its like having a PC and buying the PS3 version of something.

You're missing the point.
You arent buying just the inferior version. You are buying the inferior AND superior version for just $10 more.
For a trophy hunter, thats a pretty big deal :D
Im not going next gen yet, but would like to play the PS4 version of black flag once I do.

Mr_Shade
09-22-2013, 05:54 PM
The 'current' gen version - will be the best they can make it with the engine on the hardware - don't forget the core gameplay etc - will be identical;)

The 'Next Gen' version - will have some pretty bells and whistles on though - as it should ;)

The upgrade path is a great move by Sony - buythe 'current' version - enjoy it and if you want to take the step to 'Next Gen' - pay a small amount!

It's a Win - Win as I see it?

pacmanate
09-22-2013, 05:56 PM
You're missing the point.
You arent buying just the inferior version. You are buying the inferior AND superior version for just $10 more.
For a trophy hunter, thats a pretty big deal :D
Im not going next gen yet, but would like to play the PS4 version of black flag once I do.

Im not missing the point, its just my point of view. Good things come to those that wait.

In a month, I will finish AC4. I wouldnt want to play through it again straight away just cause its now on a PS4. I would also feel gimped playing it on PS3 as I have seen all the features next gen will offer. As well as things not mentioned like frame rate, pop in, better shadowing etc that will be better on PS4.

I am not saying PS3 will be bad. I am just saying that if you are getting a PS4 then why not just wait? Why play a massively toned down version just because you are an eager beaver?

Shahkulu101
09-22-2013, 06:00 PM
Right let's get this straight: If I use the code to get it for next gen will I then be playing an inferior PS3 version on the PS4? Or will I get the next-gen experience?

pacmanate
09-22-2013, 06:02 PM
Right let's get this straight: If I use the code to get it for next gen will I then be playing an inferior PS3 version on the PS4? Or will I get the next-gen experience?

The Next Gen version, but you still need your PS3 disc.

Shahkulu101
09-22-2013, 06:06 PM
The Next Gen version, but you still need your PS3 disc.

Well awesome, this is brilliant. Going for this then. I can wait for pretty visuals but not to play the game, I just hope I can complete it before then.

pacmanate
09-22-2013, 06:07 PM
Well awesome, this is brilliant. Going for this then. I can wait for pretty visuals but not to play the game, I just hope I can complete it before then.

I know that you need to use the PS3 disc to prove you have the game, but what I am wondering is does the PSN download the PS4 version to the hard drive?

Mr_Shade
09-22-2013, 06:09 PM
I know that you need to use the PS3 disc to prove you have the game, but what I am wondering is does the PSN download the PS4 version to the hard drive?
Where else would it put it?

:P

Genki is not launched for a good while..?

Personally I would play the hell out of AC4 on current gen - and pay the 10 - since I know I will enjoy seeing all of the upgrades ;)

ladyleonhart
09-22-2013, 06:21 PM
I've pre-ordered ACIV on PS3 mainly because I want to avoid any spoilers and I just can't wait to play it. ;)

However, I was planning to just buy the game again for the PS4 when I eventually get one. :p That probably won't be until next year some time though.

So, is this upgrade option available to UK customers as well...?

pacmanate
09-22-2013, 06:24 PM
I've pre-ordered ACIV on PS3 mainly because I want to avoid any spoilers and I just can't wait to play it. ;)

However, I was planning to just buy the game again for the PS4 when I eventually get one. :p That probably won't be until next year some time though.

Its 9.99.

Genki is not launched for a good while..?
Personally I would play the hell out of AC4 on current gen - and pay the 10 - since I know I will enjoy seeing all of the upgrades ;)

Heh heh... Genki.

Mr_Shade
09-22-2013, 06:25 PM

Yeap?

2 options..

Code in the box - gives you the PSN PS4 version for 9.99 [10]

or

Pop the game along to Game store - and trade it in and get the PS4 version for 10 over the counter - game should have details soon.

ladyleonhart
09-22-2013, 06:30 PM
Yeap?

2 options..

Code in the box - gives you the PSN PS4 version for 9.99 [10]

or

Pop the game along to Game store - and trade it in and get the PS4 version for 10 over the counter - game should have details soon.

Thank you. :)

I just have one more question. If I did decide to trade it in, would it be a new copy or would it be pre-owned...?

pacmanate
09-22-2013, 06:32 PM

I just have one more question. If I did decide to trade it in, would it be a new copy or would it be pre-owned...?

Thats a good question. IMO you should get a new one.

ladyleonhart
09-22-2013, 06:35 PM
Thats a good question. IMO you should get a new one.

Thanks. :) I'm actually kind of picky about that. :p Game tried to give me a pre-owned copy of ACIII: Liberation when I was going to buy a Vita. So I declined, of course, and I just bought the Vita and the game from Amazon separately. ;)

Mr_Shade
09-22-2013, 06:35 PM

Game normally sell new copies - unless you are really unlucky;)

It's valid for the new sealed version - unless they run out - then it's upto you and game, if you want 2nd hand I suppose?

Not that many 2nd hand copies will be about at release - it maybe for a limited time only with Game - so worth watching for details.

Shahkulu101
09-22-2013, 06:40 PM
I think I'd really like a physical copy from GAME for 9.99 rather than a downloadable because I'm a cosmetic junkie. Where is the best place to keep up with details then? Do they have a news section on their website?

Mr_Shade
09-22-2013, 06:44 PM
I think I'd really like a physical copy from GAME for 9.99 rather than a downloadable because I'm a cosmetic junkie. Where is the best place to keep up with details then? Do they have a news section on their website?
yeap - or it will be plastered all over the shops - roll up release of the PS4 ;)

Just to make sure you are aware - this physical trade in offer is a Game offer - so upto them the terms and conditions and when they do the offer.

The discount for the PSN PS4 version - is for everyone.

ladyleonhart
09-22-2013, 06:45 PM
Game normally sell new copies - unless you are really unlucky;)

It's valid for the new sealed version - unless they run out - then it's upto you and game, if you want 2nd hand I suppose?

Not that many 2nd hand copies will be about at release - it maybe for a limited time only with Game - so worth watching for details.

Lol, if I'm that unlucky, I'll just have to buy it again. :p

I actually only ever buy games that are new and sealed. Then I just like them to be in perfect condition, that's all. ;)

Thanks, I will do. :)

STDlyMcStudpants
09-22-2013, 06:49 PM
Yes, Im guessing it will be like AC on the ACR disk. It downloads to your drive but y ou cant play without the ACR disc

Mr_Shade
09-22-2013, 06:52 PM
Lol, if I'm that unlucky, I'll just have to buy it again. :p

I actually only ever buy games that are new and sealed. Then I just like them to be in perfect condition, that's all. ;)

Thanks, I will do. :)hmmm

I just checked Game's site - no mention of AC4.. so, I would hold fire on that - since it was in the offer..

Might have been removed - due to the Sony offer..

pacmanate
09-22-2013, 06:58 PM
I hate GAME.

Overpriced selling pieces of crap.

No wonder they went bankrupt a year ago. We need to get rid of game stores that sell games over 40. God know what their next gen prices will be. Their customer service is horrible and I swear when you buy pre owned stuff from them they give you the worst copy.

Shahkulu101
09-22-2013, 07:03 PM
I hate GAME.

No wonder they went bankrupt a year ago. We need to get rid of game stores that sell games over 40. God know what their next gen prices will be. Their customer service is horrible and I swear when you buy pre owned stuff from them they give you the worst copy.

Yeah I was pretty much forced into buying the special edition of GTA V on Friday. It was 60 pounds and the normal one was 45 - ridiculous. Tesco was selling them for 38.

Mr_Shade
09-22-2013, 07:07 PM
Well looking at the site - seems they might not be an option..

I would go with the PSN code ;)

Shahkulu101
09-22-2013, 07:08 PM
Well looking at the site - seems they might not be an option..

I would go with the PSN code ;)

Okay, I'll go with that. Cheers Shade. :D

Mr_Shade
09-22-2013, 07:14 PM
tbh - activate the code as soon as you get the PS3 version [costs nothing]

If you use it - great - or check Game etc for trade in deal ;)

STDlyMcStudpants
09-22-2013, 07:30 PM
Yeah I was pretty much forced into buying the special edition of GTA V on Friday. It was 60 pounds and the normal one was 45 - ridiculous. Tesco was selling them for 38.

38 or $60 USD is what all games sell for max here in the US
Ive never seen a store go higher than that price

ladyleonhart
09-22-2013, 07:33 PM
hmmm

I just checked Game's site - no mention of AC4.. so, I would hold fire on that - since it was in the offer..

Might have been removed - due to the Sony offer..

Thanks for checking. :)

I guess I might just activate the PSN code, and then buy a disc version later too. ;)

Btw... I have another question for you. :P

How will this affect DLC...? What I mean is, if I buy DLC for the PS3 version of ACIV would I be able to use it with the PS4 version? Or would I need to buy the DLC again for the PS4 version...?

I hope you don't mind. I just have no idea how it works. :confused:

silvermercy
09-22-2013, 07:39 PM
Quick question...this applies to special editions, too, yes?? Because I'm getting Black Chest for PS4, which is great, but Buccaneer for PS3 from Gamestop. Can I trade the PS3 disc from a special edition??

Kaschra
09-22-2013, 07:39 PM
38 or $60 USD is what all games sell for max here in the US
Ive never seen a store go higher than that price

Ahahahahahaha...
Do you know how much a new game costs here?
60 - 70 euro... 80 - 94 Dollar
Hahahahahaha.... I'm gonna cry a bit now

Mr_Shade
09-22-2013, 07:42 PM
Thanks for checking. :)

I guess I might just activate the PSN code, and then buy a disc version later too. ;)

Btw... I have another question for you. :P

How will this affect DLC...? What I mean is, if I buy DLC for the PS3 version of ACIV would I be able to use it with the PS4 version? Or would I need to buy the DLC again for the PS4 version...?

I hope you don't mind. I just have no idea how it works. :confused:

DLC will not transfer - since it's technically a different format.

Quick question...this applies to special editions, too, yes?? Because I'm getting Black Chest for PS4, which is great, but Buccaneer for PS3 from Gamestop. Can I trade the PS3 disc from a special edition??

Any retail PS3 disc version will come with the code.

silvermercy
09-22-2013, 07:42 PM
Ahahahahahaha...
Do you know how much a new game costs here?
60 - 70 euro... 80 - 94 Dollar
Hahahahahaha.... I'm gonna cry a bit now
Same.... Not only that, in some countries I found them to be the same exact price even YEARS after release!!

Any retail PS3 disc version will come with the code.
Ah thanks! :)

ze_topazio
09-22-2013, 07:45 PM
I hate GAME.

We had GAME around here, they used to sell second-hand games almost at the price of brand new games.

ladyleonhart
09-22-2013, 08:15 PM

Thanks. :) I'll have to consider the best option then. :p

That's okay though, and I think the "Skull Edition" includes two DLC single-player missions anyway. ;)

Still, I'm sure there's going to be plenty in ACIV to keep me busy.

Sushiglutton
09-22-2013, 08:31 PM
PC version for me. Haven't decided yet which price I will buy it at. It's gonna be either €50 or €20 I think.

STDlyMcStudpants
09-23-2013, 12:08 AM
This is more than likely correct, but I'm not sure if this is 100% confirmed.
I know for sure that all PSN games purchased on your PS3 will not work on PS4 ...its basically a physical disc you can never sell... But we will only see a handful of cross gen games.
By 2015 I think we will stop seeing them..of course there will be 2 separate PSN stores but we will be using the same account. I don't think they will make us pay for DLC twice, they will just cross check our PSN Name and see that we have purchased this DLC already as I'm sure they will cost the same for both the PS3 and PS4.
This is what I hope for at least.
Again games as a whole I know for certain will not work this way.

DavidPage
09-23-2013, 03:24 PM
Ok, so teh Aveline exclusives are already IN the PS4 version when I download it? Also, the Season Pass will be available for the PS4 too right? And finally, when I download the game on the PS4 and I have the PS3 version completed at say 100% and I have all the trophies will anything from the PS3 version transfer to the PS4? (save games obviously are difficult to transfer automatically - maybe you can do it by copying them - but what about trophies?) Mistur Shayd answer anything you can.

Mr_Shade
09-23-2013, 03:27 PM
Any cross over of content - hasn't been announced.

And in saying that - the DLC may even - if Sony / Ubisoft so allow - however I don't have any news on that - so I would not assume - I know I said it can't - since I always like to prepare for the worse ;)

ladyleonhart
09-23-2013, 05:40 PM
And in saying that - the DLC may even - if Sony / Ubisoft so allow - however I don't have any news on that - so I would not assume - I know I said it can't - since I always like to prepare for the worse ;)

That would be really great IF that does happen. :)

However, you're definitely right and there's no point getting our hopes up just yet. :P

STDlyMcStudpants
09-23-2013, 06:57 PM
Ok, so teh Aveline exclusives are already IN the PS4 version when I download it? Also, the Season Pass will be available for the PS4 too right? And finally, when I download the game on the PS4 and I have the PS3 version completed at say 100% and I have all the trophies will anything from the PS3 version transfer to the PS4? (save games obviously are difficult to transfer automatically - maybe you can do it by copying them - but what about trophies?) Mistur Shayd answer anything you can.
These are all of the question I have since I am huge on trophies.
I know if you sync a PS3 version of a game to your vita, it insta pops all trophies and vice versa. I'm kind of hoping this doesn't happen here because I would love to earn the trophies again, but at the same time it would be replaying the game hassle free if it did insta pop. (And some games like Battlefield 4 that are doing this, I WOULDNT want to earn them again..too much work)
So if it insta pops and you arent satisfied with this, just simply play the game before you sync your PS3 trophies to your PS4
As far as DLC goes - the hope is that yes all season passes and DLC will carry over like PS+ will.
Which brings us to the saves...We have to have PS+ on PS4 to play online, so we will have the cloud to upload our saves to (can access them anywhere) BUT Your saves would be for the PS3 version NOT the Ps4 version. I'm sure you could get around it by changing the folder names and resigning if you know how all of that stuff (I luckily do, but wont personally go that route)
But this also isnt confirmed as doable - none of us trophy w***** have got a chance to play with the ps4 yet :D

RatonhnhakeFan
09-23-2013, 07:01 PM
DLC should transfer. It's not about different format, all DLC purchases/entiltements are tied and registered to PSN accounts that transfers so PSN would just download PS4 version of DLC when you plug in your new console

pacmanate
09-23-2013, 08:09 PM
I dont think DLC should transfer. It is a different game format.

RatonhnhakeFan
09-23-2013, 08:14 PM
I dont think DLC should transfer. It is a different game format.So? It's being downloaded anyway, what's the difference whether PSN will initiate PS4-format download or PS3-format download? It already know you bought DLC for one of the systems

pacmanate
09-23-2013, 08:16 PM
So? It's being downloaded anyway, what's the difference whether PSN will initiate PS4-format download or PS3-format download? It already know you bought DLC for one of the systems

IDK. I see it more as an upgrade of the core game, not everything.

Edit: Actually I don't really care, Im just sayin

Jexx21
09-24-2013, 07:14 PM
i don't have a console so no, i'm def getting it for ps4 first

don't tell me what to do

The_Heisenberg
09-25-2013, 03:10 PM
Meh, I finish exams the day the PS4 comes out. Works well for me

FrankieSatt
09-25-2013, 05:32 PM
While this sounds like a good idea, I also wonder about the DLC. If you buy DLC for the XBox 360 I don't see it transferring to the XBox One. Also, your save game files won't transfer so you will have to start over again when you get the XBox One.

While it sounds like a good deal, it's really not.

STDlyMcStudpants
09-25-2013, 08:41 PM
While this sounds like a good idea, I also wonder about the DLC. If you buy DLC for the XBox 360 I don't see it transferring to the XBox One. Also, your save game files won't transfer so you will have to start over again when you get the XBox One.

What would really be the point of buying the ps4 copy if it is already beaten?
If you only want to play the game once then obviously go ps4 or xbox 0ne if you are getting one.
But As a trophy guy, I would like to platinum both versions and experience the entirety of each. (Of course not back to back though)

PS: Saves can be resigned and copied over if that is the route you would want to go.

Shahkulu101
09-25-2013, 09:04 PM

You make a good point about the save files. I will probably be done with AC4 on the PS3 when the PS4 hits - but then I wouldn't really be that excited to play it on PS4 because I'd have completed it and since they're less than a month apart my memory would be pretty fresh, so there'd be no real reason to replay it. This would be alright but it's a limited time only; so I'll be forced to buy it at that time even though I'll likely not play it. Not quite that spectacular.

Assassin_M
09-25-2013, 09:14 PM
Why you shouldn't buy AC IV......period

*runs away*

Shahkulu101
09-25-2013, 09:19 PM
Why you shouldn't buy AC IV......period

*runs away*

Do not buy black flag!

HMS, is that you?

FrankieSatt
09-26-2013, 05:42 PM
What would really be the point of buying the ps4 copy if it is already beaten?
If you only want to play the game once then obviously go ps4 or xbox 0ne if you are getting one.
But As a trophy guy, I would like to platinum both versions and experience the entirety of each. (Of course not back to back though)

PS: Saves can be resigned and copied over if that is the route you would want to go.

Are you talking about the PS3 to the PS4?

I'm talking about the XBox 360 and the XBox One. The games aren't backwards compatible so why would the save games be? Maybe the DLC can, not even positive of that since I haven't seen anyone from XBox telling us that.

If I do buy the game, as I'm trying to convince myself to play it for the Pirate Ships and free roam only, it's going to be for the 360. I'm not getting a new console until December, and might not even get one until Spring of 2014.

pacmanate
09-26-2013, 05:48 PM
It is confirmed saves don't carry over.

So my guess is neither does DLC.

This is why I find getting this gen version pointless and upgrading. In a month you will finish AC4 on current gen, if you don't cause of University/other issues, then your saves dont carry over, so it will be a waste.

Farlander1991
09-26-2013, 05:53 PM
At least for some games DLCs carrying over have been confirmed (Battlefield 4 is one of them, I think). Though would be weird IMO if not all games have this functionality, but given that all games have different developers and publishers with their games working differently in a non-uniform fashion, wouldn't be surprising.

STDlyMcStudpants
09-26-2013, 09:45 PM
You make a good point about the save files. I will probably be done with AC4 on the PS3 when the PS4 hits - but then I wouldn't really be that excited to play it on PS4 because I'd have completed it and since they're less than a month apart my memory would be pretty fresh, so there'd be no real reason to replay it. This would be alright but it's a limited time only; so I'll be forced to buy it at that time even though I'll likely not play it. Not quite that spectacular.

No, there isnt a limit to when you have to buy the copy, just a limited time to redeem the code.

STDlyMcStudpants
09-26-2013, 09:50 PM
Are you talking about the PS3 to the PS4?

I'm talking about the XBox 360 and the XBox One. The games aren't backwards compatible so why would the save games be? Maybe the DLC can, not even positive of that since I haven't seen anyone from XBox telling us that.

If I do buy the game, as I'm trying to convince myself to play it for the Pirate Ships and free roam only, it's going to be for the 360. I'm not getting a new console until December, and might not even get one until Spring of 2014.
I'm assuming the discs will be intelligent enough to sync data much like different region copies of a game. You can plat both the AS and the US version of a game for example. They count as separate games BUT you can use the save files of one for the other just by changing its file name and resigning it to go with the PS account on your PS3 you want to play it on.
I'm sure next gen games will work this way as well...the only thing that could stop this is the fact that the controller is now different so they may not be able to sync at all for sony..xbox is the same though so they might.