PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one who is bugged by this?

Xemnas07
09-20-2013, 05:41 PM
Okay, so don't get me wrong, i LOVE AC3, it is a great game and i have enjoyed playing it immensely, but I cant help but notice that ubisoft slipped on some of the little things. For example, when you buy a new outfit, such as the all black outfit, connor is still wearing the default outfit in cut scenes. Also, all small weapons seem to have the exact same animations as the tomahawk. I'm no weapons expert, but im pretty sure you cant use a dagger the same way you use a tomahawk. These small complaints arent deal breakers, but these are things ubisoft never slipped up on in the past (in the last 4 games, your outfit was changed during cutscenes and all weapons had different animations) and i just hope they dont continue a trend of forgetting these things. Sometimes the smallest things can make a huge difference. Do other people feel this way or am i just a complete idiot?

AnthonyA85
09-20-2013, 05:49 PM
the cut-scenes were pre-rendered using Connor's default outfit, and as for the small weapon animations, the answer is simple: They just reused the tomahawk one. Reason for that is, it saves production time.

Xemnas07
09-20-2013, 05:53 PM
well i understand why it happened, my point is that it seems like theyre starting to cut corners and they havent dont this in the past, so it will start to worry me about Ubisoft as a company if they continue this trend and do it in even larger ways. Last thing we need is another EA

pirate1802
09-20-2013, 06:26 PM
They havent done this before because the older character models were of lower resolution (don't know the actual term but something like that). You can see it yourself. Showing all the colours in the cutscenes would take up huuuuuge amounts of space.

LoyalACFan
09-20-2013, 06:53 PM
the cut-scenes were pre-rendered using Connor's default outfit, and as for the small weapon animations, the answer is simple: They just reused the tomahawk one. Reason for that is, it saves production time.

No, they weren't pre-rendered. Pre-rendered means something akin to Naughty Dog cutscenes, which are literally just CG videos inserted into the game. AC3 cutscenes were in-game and in-engine (proof of this is that the actual costumes from the manor rack appear in them) but the devs didn't render all of the outfit dyes in a high enough resolution to put them in the cutscenes, so it just reverted to the original robes.

Gi1t
09-20-2013, 06:58 PM
well i understand why it happened, my point is that it seems like theyre starting to cut corners and they havent dont this in the past, so it will start to worry me about Ubisoft as a company if they continue this trend and do it in even larger ways. Last thing we need is another EA

Yeah, I mean, it's obvious they had resons that made sense, but that doesn't mean it's not cause for some concern if they're too quick to cut corners on things.

guardian_titan
09-20-2013, 07:43 PM
There is actually two scenes in AC3 where the dyed outfit does appear. In the PC version anyway. One is the scene where Connor first meets Washington and nearly gets into it with Charles Lee before Sam Adams pulls him away to meet Washington. The other is one of the Peg Leg missions where Connor has to chase the one guy through the ship graveyard and assassinate guys as he goes. So rather odd that those 2 scenes would show the dyed outfit but no others did. In other scenes, only the tail coat colors change to whatever you dyed the outfit to, but the coat itself remained the default white. I'm hoping this doesn't carry through to AC4 and the proper outfit is shown in cutscenes. Due to what images we've seen so far showing off Edward in different outfits in various situations, I'm hopeful that error is fixed. Granted, who's to say what will break before next month ... or with a patch. :p

STDlyMcStudpants
09-21-2013, 08:44 PM
Connor had some sweet dyes but the cutscene thing bugged me too much to keep them, but they have resolved this issue for AC IV
Weapons animations though - i doubt.
They had a great variety in AC3 imo...have a feeling they might recycle :D

poptartz20
09-21-2013, 10:51 PM
Yeah! You weren't the only one that it bugged. I think this time we will see an improvement in AC4 honestly. :)

RatonhnhakeFan
09-21-2013, 11:02 PM
Little things like that happen pretty much in every game. Devs often lack time to focus on the little details, resources have to be reused etc. It may be annoying but it's the reality of game developement ;P

poptartz20
09-21-2013, 11:04 PM
I totally agree! These Devs are really in the game making business because they have a passion for these games. granted they are not perfect! nor will the game be! but we should cut some slack every now and then!

pacmanate
09-21-2013, 11:06 PM
There is actually two scenes in AC3 where the dyed outfit does appear. In the PC version anyway. One is the scene where Connor first meets Washington and nearly gets into it with Charles Lee before Sam Adams pulls him away to meet Washington. The other is one of the Peg Leg missions where Connor has to chase the one guy through the ship graveyard and assassinate guys as he goes. So rather odd that those 2 scenes would show the dyed outfit but no others did.

For real? So they werent pre rendered?

waynedavies89
09-21-2013, 11:24 PM
For real? So they werent pre rendered?

ye, AC3 scene are rendered in real time, but some assets are lock as defaults, like Conners robes. If they were properly rendered in real time the model of Conner would match throughout, just like AC2, Brotherhood and ACR.

It either was a mistake, which probably could have been fixed in a patch, or the decision was made because of Anvil Next