PDA

View Full Version : Black flag Ace of Spades - Discussion thread and Ship list

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

EllJim
09-20-2013, 01:47 PM
GAME NOW COMPLETED WINNERS WILL BE CONTACTED BY UBISOFT SHORTLY (CONGRATS). The exclusive reveal : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7SlP06mR_0
************************************************** ************************************************** **************************
At the "suggestion" :P by MR Shade, I am creating a new thread to discuss the special invitation event.

Now for those who don't know or where not invited:Here in the UK several Watch members where sent a direct email from Mark the UK marketing Manager who invited us to participate in a special pre launch event.

We had to submit our addresses and wait.... whilst not discussing it with anyone.So today has rolled around, and I've received a letter with an AC4 stamp on it, it contained a playing card which has clues on it.

I've also received an email from Mark which has the following:

"Assassin!

We are almost about to begin! You should receive something very soon.

This is your key. The question is to what?

Please feel free to share everything anywhere you like. Enjoy, and see you on the otherside!Mark"

************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** *********************************

OK so I've edited this since it's been a few days and we need more people working on this reveal when this goes live!

So the cards (as posted by Lady (thank you) show a message and a series of numbers (176.58.109.224) which of course is an IP address for :

www.ac4aceofspades.com

Entry is gained by entering the co-ordinates of the final resting place of the Queen Anne's revenge - Blackbeards first command (a ship he lost within 1 year.... are we seriously saying this guy is Kenway's mentor?) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen_Anne%27s_Revenge

For those with limited patience, I.e. none, they are:
1st box
34°41′44″N
2nd box
76°41′20″W
(best to copy from wikipedia since due to formatting copying from other places can go wrong)

FYI - that is read Degree's, minutes, seconds - so Thirty four degrees 41 minutes and 44 seconds North, Each degree on a map is broken into time measurements for those who don't know.

A Web game for the launch of?????? - ? because we have to work towards a reveal, points for treasure etc will all add up towards this reveal (speculation a launch trailer)

The game itself is a web based pirate game where you can either sign up as crew or a captain. A captain has a ship and must recruit 5 members before 24 hours has passed or his ship fails. Crew sign up to a ship and help the ship (and themselves ) by competing in the games.

A captain will steer the ship (plot it's course on the browser) from the games activation day (September 30th - What time remains an open question since the server seems to be on CET). They will chose which islands to plunder ships to attack treasure to find etc etc etc (other players ships can and will liekly be attacked since in doing so you increase your chance of winning prizes and decrease their chances.... BE WARNED!)

"Captains… create your own ship, name her, recruit your crew and write the ship’s articles that you will live by. Set a course on the first day, set sail, explore and pillage gold.

With power comes responsibility! You must recruit 5 other souls to complete your crew within 24 hours of creating your ship. Recruit your friends or chose free sailors at the docks.

Failure to fill all 5 crew places means the ship flounders and your crew are returned to the docks to find another vessel. A failed captain cannot create another new ship but returns to the docks to join any other ship as crew.

Beware Captain, you can only create a ship once, so choose crew carefully and name her well."

"Crew… Apply to join ships that are recruiting at the docks or accept an invitation from a recruiting captain. Swear your allegiance to your ship and crewmates.

Each day hunt for gold along your ship’s course and grow your personal fortune as well as swelling the ship’s coffers.

Prove yourself and you could rise to captain your ship - the highest scoring crew member takes on captaincy of the ship for the next day.

Pirate ships operate under a crude democracy, giving crew the power of mutiny if a captain fails in their duty. Any shipmate can spark an uprising and depose a bad captain."

Come September 30th we will have 4 days of looting, pillage, battle to score points. the highest scoring player (Individual) on each day will win prizes

The 5th day's points along with other days totals (to be confirmed but currently reads to be) of the ENTIRE crew of a ship will result in one SHIP (all UK based players on that ship) being awarded the "grand prize"

Prizes are on the individual days -
Days 1-3
1st place Kenway figure (which version unknown). 2nd & 3rd keyrings, candles, T-shirt (unknown print likely the AC4 reveal T-shirt)
Day 4:
1st place Buccaneer edition of the game - platform of your choice) 2nd & 3rd keyrings, candles, T-shirt
Day 5
Crew of winning ship to receive (UK based participants):
A Black Chest Collectors Edition on their chosen platform
An Assassin's Creed hoody.
But best of all they win a truly unique prize - a super exclusive signed, numbered Vic Lee screen print - inscribed with the victorious vessel’s name and the names of the six souls who crewed her!

Runners up to receive
A super exclusive signed and numbered Vic Lee screen print
A cool Assassin's Creed T-shirt

This thread is to be used for discussing this specific promotion, and it's clues / information. (I.e. help each other when these clues become too much :D)

ACTIVE SHIPS REGISTER

The Frying Jim - Captain - Me (Jimmeh in the game, MageAzen here) Cred Alex Kenway, JeanLafitte, Fanny C, Daniel W, Wade Red Cutlass

Golden Falcon Jimmeh (no relation) - Pacmanate, WayneDavies89 - WayneDavies89, Lady Leonhart - ladyleonhart Savage Rose - SilverMercy, Swifty - luther-96, Ezio Kenway - RazgriZ-FX

Ship: The Black Arrow Crew: The Black Arrow(c) Petr T, Calicus, Caleaus, RikuTR, Barnacle Breath Casey

The Celtic Warrior Crew: Marica (c), Aliceworker, Scarecrow, Gammybill, Sparrowhawk, The Crimson Fox

EllJim
09-20-2013, 02:03 PM
I see this has already been edited to change my original title to the promotions name :)

So perhaps first things - Roll call - Who has their playing card (or are stuck on a Greek beach chomping at the bit to get it)?

Mr_Shade
09-20-2013, 02:06 PM
renamed just to make it easy for others to find :)

Rockwell7
09-20-2013, 02:07 PM
I got my card (Ace of Shades) in the Post via (Treasure Chest) this morning

pacmanate
09-20-2013, 02:10 PM
I see this has already been edited to change my original title to the promotions name :)

So perhaps first things - Roll call - Who has their playing card (or are stuck on a Greek beach chomping at the bit to get it)?

I am going home today so HOPEFULLY something is waiting for me. I will only know at around 6pm though.

EllJim
09-20-2013, 02:11 PM
I got my card in the Post (Treasure Chest) this morning

Your's has a treasure chest? interesting, mine has something different.....

silvermercy
09-20-2013, 02:12 PM

*raises hand*

That would be me stuck on a Greek beach... yes... LMAO

I'm looking at the waves constantly to see if I get some mail with a floating bottle but alas...

pacmanate
09-20-2013, 02:26 PM
w8. I haven't got an email :(

EllJim
09-20-2013, 02:32 PM
w8. I haven't got an email :(

Did you give Mark your address to send the letter to?

pacmanate
09-20-2013, 02:36 PM
Did you give Mark your address to send the letter to?

They have my house address yeah. I am at Uni at the moment though so I won't know until later today if I have something at home as I am going back for the weekend.

thewoodenspoon
09-20-2013, 03:04 PM
Thanks to google & a website that kinda gave it away I know what the key is & where to go, yay! Not sure if it is running yet cos im on my phone & about to get laptop but should I tell everyone? All I'll say for now is: they're not coordinates like I thought, where would you see numbers seperated by dots? Remember we're talking internet here ;)

ctuagent15
09-20-2013, 03:06 PM
Got mine today

ladyleonhart
09-20-2013, 03:14 PM
Hi everyone :)

I didn't bother making a thread since there already is one. :P However, I thought I should post these for anyone that's interested.

The 'front' of the card is probably the most important part.

http://i741.photobucket.com/albums/xx52/Lady_Leonhart/ACIV_card_front_zps97b527cb.jpg (http://s741.photobucket.com/user/Lady_Leonhart/media/ACIV_card_front_zps97b527cb.jpg.html)

However, the artwork on the reverse just looks so great too. xD

http://i741.photobucket.com/albums/xx52/Lady_Leonhart/ACIV_card_back_zpse6781be6.jpg (http://s741.photobucket.com/user/Lady_Leonhart/media/ACIV_card_back_zpse6781be6.jpg.html)

EllJim
09-20-2013, 03:14 PM
)

BOOOOO they should have removed it from search listings. you might want to spoiler that though :)

I did mine the proper way :) *self pride only moment*

silvermercy
09-20-2013, 03:18 PM
Ya'll making me jealous now I'm not home to open my mail! :p

okay based on these images... could it be about a ship wreck? lol Also,about the numbers... if they're not co-ordinates maybe it's an IP address?

Plz, don't reveal yet if you know the answer (or hide it as spoiler)! It's fun to speculate and give random answers! :D

edit: I had to edit my post to hide my speculation answer. Pfff... Because I just tested my hypothesis and it's correct. LMAO!

thewoodenspoon
09-20-2013, 03:19 PM
BOOOOO they should have removed it from search listings. you might want to spoiler that though :)

I did mine the proper way :) *self pride only moment*

Oh ok, I'm fairly new to forums so forgot to do that I'll go & look how & I'll spolier alert it ;)

thewoodenspoon
09-20-2013, 03:23 PM
Hmm I've covered my original post but you might wanna edit my quote in your post lol or it's still visible ;)

thewoodenspoon
09-20-2013, 03:26 PM
Mage I don't know if my quote in your post is still visible to everyone but you mighe have to edit it out quick! Sorry if I gave too much away to people. Back soon, goinf for food ;)

silvermercy
09-20-2013, 03:28 PM
Mage I don't know if my quote in your post is still visible to everyone but you mighe have to edit it out quick! Sorry if I gave too much away to people. Back soon, goinf for food ;)
I did the same and revealed the answer through mere speculation (all the while asking people not to post spoilers! doh!). Oh the shame... lmao
How do you add the spoiler button on this site??

edit: It's okay. I figured it out.

Rockwell7
09-20-2013, 03:53 PM
it only took me a few seconds to work out the clue on my ace of shade card :)

RazgriZ-FX
09-20-2013, 03:54 PM
So is this exclusive exactly to a select few really? Or just everyone in the UK on The Watch?

Well those trusting in the initial email sent by Mark.

Got my card through the post today and without wanting to spoil things for anyone who hasn't seen theirs yet, even though yes someone posted the images up; anyone who know's anything about pirate legend knows what ship it is and the writing describing it as such.

Appears we are "early" however...

Anyone who's interested in playing AC4 multiplayer when it arrives, chatting about The Watch and this new project, or generally wants AC fans on their friends list, feel free to add me on Xbox Live on:

Razgriz XposJa

Cheers.

pacmanate
09-20-2013, 03:56 PM
All I know is that there are now 3 pages.

I havent read whats going on.

I want to go home to get my card.

I will be back in due time.

Goodbye.

thewoodenspoon
09-20-2013, 04:00 PM
I did the same and revealed the answer through mere speculation (all the while asking people not to post spoilers! doh!). Oh the shame... lmao How do you add the spoiler button on this site??edit: It's okay. I figured it out.Yer it took me a little while, think u have to be in advanced editing. It was pretty funny the fact that you kinda guessed in your post & inadvertently told everyone like me lol.I still have a few questions etc. for people though and a bit of discussion, so here goes.

1) Does anyone have any idea when the 'thing' (as I shall now call it lol) will be 'starting' (Preferably UK time)?

2) Secondly, was people kinda disappointed like me when they received a playing card, until they read the email? ;)

3) Anyone have an idea what it's going to be? I'm going to be even more gutted if it's just an exclusive trailer or something because I'm sure everyone else will find out about it quickly.

4) What do we think are the chances of some kind of in-game exclusive content? I got excited about this or a beta when I first got the email.

5) Anyone know how many people were chosen for this? Was it based on the watch rankings? Or playing other AC games etc? I'm pretty curious to know :P

EDIT:

6) Also, is the hour glass real as in accurately counting down or just 'for show'?Feel free to try and answer or speculate any of the above using the numbers, cheers :)

EDIT AGAIN: Do the initials shown on the table next to the hour glass refer to anything/anyone in particular, any reason they're there?

ladyleonhart
09-20-2013, 04:13 PM
Got my card through the post today and without wanting to spoil things for anyone who hasn't seen theirs yet, even though yes someone posted the images up; anyone who know's anything about pirate legend knows what ship it is and the writing describing it as such.

Actually, Mr Shade initially asked me to create a thread and he said if I could add images then that would be helpful and great. The only thing was that another member beat me to it, so I just posted them on this thread because I was asked to in the first place.

Legacy-Tom
09-20-2013, 04:13 PM
I got my card and worked it out pretty quickly. Possibly the dice both being at 6 will mean it'll reveal at 12? Not sure.

thewoodenspoon
09-20-2013, 04:16 PM
I like you're theory but when you say 12, do you mean midnight? If so I hope you're wrong cos that's a long wait :/

thewoodenspoon
09-20-2013, 04:19 PM
Oh I didn't know that! I knew what the sea monster was but I didn't realise the initials QAR, stand for "Queen Anne's revenge", thanks wikipedia. But shame on me for not knowing my history lol

thewoodenspoon
09-20-2013, 04:24 PM
If like me you didn't even know about the ship on the front of the card, you can view the spoiler in my previous post & search it online :)

thewoodenspoon
09-20-2013, 04:33 PM
I'm now beginning to think maybe & this would be pretty cool, we get the ship that's on the card & what the initials refer to, more info in spolier > Queen Anne's revenge, the ship in question was Blackbeard's flagship for less than a year but according to wiki, was "an effective tool in prize taking". So either (& If not either of these I could be gutted):

1) We could get the ship?

2) We could get to take part in one or more exclusive missions using the ship? :P

I dunno, maybe I'm talking rubbish lol

Mr_Shade
09-20-2013, 04:56 PM
The sharing of images etc is OK - it's already been posted on twitter etc anyway

As to being only a "select few" - the cards are limited.. But, more maybe given away..

But looks like anyone can join in the fun ;)

EllJim
09-20-2013, 04:58 PM
reply to wooden spoons first post:

Time:

I asked MR shade and he said he couldn't say. Dice are showing double 6's as someone pointed out so will keep checking.

2.) no was intrigued and figured out the "code" pretty quick so got to the "place"

3.) no clue

4.) maybe some content but given that Mr shade asked Lady to post pics that seems unlikely since now all can access "place" from that

5.) watch members with X in points I think when I spoke to Mark he said "senior members of the watch"

6.) hasn't moved all day

7.) you've found :)

rest lets wait and see. I think midnight on the +2 will be likely (10 pm GMT).

EllJim
09-20-2013, 05:00 PM
The sharing of images etc is OK - it's already been posted on twitter etc anyway..

as to being only a "select few" - the cards are limited.. But looks like anyone can join in the fun ;)

Aha, I get it have eager/keen people receive a mystery, gets them talking via twitter FB and here, spreads more hype/word about the game. Neat idea.

RazgriZ-FX
09-20-2013, 05:02 PM
That's cool, I wasn't having a knock or anything, just noticed people saying not to spoil things for those who've not yet had the chance to get home and check their post, possibly wanting to see it first with their own eyes.

Anyway @ thewoodenspoon...

1. No idea,

2. It was kind of cool getting a card, mysterious. I'd got all the emails before hand so knew a key was coming.

3. I'm grateful for anything but I do share in your curiosity and do hope it is something exclusive, or in game which leads onto,

4. Exactly what I was like when I first read the email from Mark, wondering whether it's a beta or in game content. However how it'd be exclusive now I'm unsure of because when word gets out and what we have here anyway is images of what we have, sharing it with the net =S

5. I too would like to know how were we chosen... rankings, being involved in The Watch?

6. Not sure if the hourglass is accurate, have it constantly on and refreshing every now and again, will check back later. Trying to work out what QAR could stand for, and also the double sixes?

Mr_Shade
09-20-2013, 05:04 PM
Marked thread as spoiler - just so no one can complain..

People are free to share theories etc anywhere, this thread was so the forum guys have a place to chat..

those worried about not having emails - you wouldn't if invited personally ;)

EllJim
09-20-2013, 05:05 PM
6. Not sure if the hourglass is accurate, have it constantly on and refreshing every now and again, will check back later. Trying to work out what QAR could stand for, and also the double sixes?

double sixes next to the timer would suggest to me 12 somewhere, and given the releases have been on GMT +2 I betting 10 tonight GMT.

QAR - see spoons post, but a google search can help you :)

RazgriZ-FX
09-20-2013, 05:19 PM
double sixes next to the timer would suggest to me 12 somewhere, and given the releases have been on GMT +2 I betting 10 tonight GMT.

QAR - see spoons post, but a google search can help you :)

Yeah as soon as I posted, other people had posted it up what QAR is =)

thewoodenspoon
09-20-2013, 05:25 PM
The sharing of images etc is OK - it's already been posted on twitter etc anyway

As to being only a "select few" - the cards are limited.. But, more maybe given away..

But looks like anyone can join in the fun ;)

Yeah, I'm not quite sure why everything was so secretive if they're then gonna give out 1 code which is a key for everyone? & We can now share that info wherever we like, doesn't feel very special or exclusive anymore :/ but still waiting and hoping for something good, like the ship in game ;)

thewoodenspoon
09-20-2013, 05:34 PM
Mr shade? Do you know everything there is to know about this project? Just that I don't know you lol Do you just take care of the forums or are you more involved with other ubisoft work? Err and one last thing is it possible to miss whatever is on the website if I go away for a while and come back later, or is it a limited time thing?

Locopells
09-20-2013, 05:34 PM
Got my card AND figured it out, before the email arrived this morning!

Just to throw a bit of info in for people - senior members of the Watch, but as Shade as hinted, they chose WHICH members of the Watch got the mysterious playing card in the post (which, frankly, I loved!).

Also, if you're going to Eurogamer, apparently it links to something there which, while non essential, links to the bigger picture of what 'it' is...

While everyone may know about it, I dunno if everyone will be able to get access to where the clue leads... I hope it ain't time sensitive, I've missed two Master of the Clock periods on the Watch, through not having net access at the right time!

thewoodenspoon
09-20-2013, 05:53 PM
Seeing as spoiler tabs just seem to fail on me & I just had to rapidly delete my post ;) All I'll say is well done Locopells, I went down the wrong lines until the email made me think again ;)

silvermercy
09-20-2013, 05:57 PM
lol Imagine if the Kraken made an appearance! haha!

thewoodenspoon
09-20-2013, 06:00 PM
lol Imagine if the Kraken made an appearance! haha!

If that's in the game, I think I might nerdgasm lol I'm well up for battling that bad-*** whilst being pulled down a massive whirlpool :) It should be an easter egg if not, seen pulling a ship under on the horizon.

RazgriZ-FX
09-20-2013, 06:01 PM
What!? You're kidding me!! I missed out on Eurogamer tickets this year =( gutted, and now this is linked to it!? :'(Not sure if anyone has mentioned it, out and about right now so only have slow net on phone, but the first thing I figured about the card this morning I thought to share and probably people know it already but just in case, the whole squid arms on the card wrapped around the skull is the kraken. The words also point to what ship it is too. Could hold value at a later stage and again sorry, poor net and on phone so unfortunately can't add spoiler tags and don't want to forget this either but the ship I believe on the card is....The Flying DutchmanWith QAR also on the "place", which is related to the legendary captain, I wonder how its all linked and will unfold. Very exciting =)

EllJim
09-20-2013, 06:06 PM
What huh? Also, if you're going to Eurogamer, apparently it links to something there which, while non essential, links to the bigger picture of what 'it' is...

silvermercy
09-20-2013, 06:10 PM
I'm going to Eurogamer next Sunday! ^^

EllJim
09-20-2013, 06:10 PM
hopefully It will give full access not going anywhere near Eurogamer so hopefully wont miss out. (maybe its the video they are going to share there.)

EscoBlades
09-20-2013, 06:15 PM
What's going on in here then? ;)

Locopells
09-20-2013, 06:21 PM
Like you don't know!

thewoodenspoon
09-20-2013, 06:26 PM
Like you don't know!

haha ;)

Mr_Shade
09-20-2013, 06:29 PM
What huh? Also, if you're going to Eurogamer, apparently it links to something there which, while non essential, links to the bigger picture of what 'it' is...

tbh all you really need is in your hand..

you don't need anything extra... You guys shouldn't worry ;)

No one, is at a advantage.

I see some complaints about other people having access? - sharing images as "unfair" your cards you may have, are special.. Not everyone will get one, so you should consider that a great collectable..

so, let's not worry about who is better.. And let's crack on!

(LOL)

Rockwell7
09-20-2013, 06:44 PM
Im at the computer waiting for the link to work :) please work soon I want to eat something today please. ;)

Mr_Shade
09-20-2013, 06:45 PM
Lol that's dedication ;)

Rockwell7
09-20-2013, 06:46 PM
I do try MR_Shade

silvermercy
09-20-2013, 06:50 PM
And let's crack on!
Is that a hint!? LMAO

(oooh.... I'm supposed to be meeting friends for a night out and I'm here on my computer refreshing... lol)

Mr_Shade
09-20-2013, 06:51 PM
Personally,while your dedication is very appreciated - you guys should eat and do your normal things, I'm sure a few hours won't make much difference?

(Glad someone spotted the joke!)

RatonhnhakeFan
09-20-2013, 06:53 PM
It's a key to Yves' heart!

RapidNinja42
09-20-2013, 07:33 PM
Quick question regarding this. IS this for people that are in "The Watch" only? If so, I might be out of luck as The Watch is Europe only if i'm not mistaken. Other than that, does anyone have a clue on what this is yet?

thewoodenspoon
09-20-2013, 07:40 PM
Anyone else seeing "file not found" now when we go to that special place ;) guess the time is nearing...

ArabianFrost
09-20-2013, 07:41 PM
Quick question regarding this. IS this for people that are in "The Watch" only? If so, I might be out of luck as The Watch is Europe only if i'm not mistaken. Other than that, does anyone have a clue on what this is yet?

The bloody British are having their fun without us.

What's wrong with opening up Ubisoft in Egypt? It's not that hot.

pirate1802
09-20-2013, 07:44 PM
What's wrong with including US? Apparently Ubisoft has a studio here but still we dont get to be part of the fun :(

ragequit

Rockwell7
09-20-2013, 07:45 PM
website is working now

adventurewomen
09-20-2013, 07:47 PM
I would love to go to this where is it, when??

I'm going to Eurogamer next Thursday.. someone fill me in whats going on?? I'm lost! :(

Rockwell7
09-20-2013, 07:49 PM
we just have to wait now I hope it is soon :)

TJ_Wylde
09-20-2013, 07:53 PM
Hi everyone :)

I didn't bother making a thread since there already is one. :P However, I thought I should post these for anyone that's interested.

The 'front' of the card is probably the most important part.

Just wanted to say a BIG thanks you Lady. I'm not from the UK so we're left out of this. But it's only thanks to you right now that i also could "compete" and do the puzzle and even though it was easy i still wanted to give you a thank you for giving me/us the possibility with those images ;)

Brostok
09-20-2013, 08:01 PM
"From hight to spite where her wicked soul rests

“Let's jump on board, and cut them to pieces."

In the code source of the page and it's a riddle apparently :o

adventurewomen
09-20-2013, 08:05 PM
website is working now
What website?

we just have to wait now I hope it is soon :)
:confused:

ladyleonhart
09-20-2013, 08:06 PM
Just wanted to say a BIG thanks you Lady. I'm not from the UK so we're left out of this. But it's only thanks to you right now that i also could "compete" and do the puzzle and even though it was easy i still wanted to give you a thank you for giving me/us the possibility with those images ;)

Aw... thank you. That's so nice of you. :D You're welcome and I'm really glad I could help. :)

adventurewomen
09-20-2013, 08:13 PM
I'm so confused! I have access to The Watch, but how do I get a code and a card sent to me?? :-\
Someone help please, I would appreciate it!

Sorry that I'm sounding impatient but I'm genuinely concerned I don't want to miss out!

TJ_Wylde
09-20-2013, 08:13 PM
May contain spoilers already (or not i'm not 100% sure)

Well you can already know what it's going to be. And i guess it was to be expected. But seeing this in the source code give the purpose of the website away

Online webgame for Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag & all AC Action Adventure games on XBOX360, PS3, Wii U, PC, PS4 and other next-gen consoles.

Now does this mean we get to "earn" or unlock extra in-game items (maybe different from everything we already get with the black chest?).... ??

We soon depart for the Caribbean, hell-bent on making our fortune. We seek treasure, trouble and notoriety! We set sail under the Black Flag – Join us!

Or is that just a spoiler on it's own for the game to come.......

Still trying to figure out the riddle Brostok posted earlier... dang i can't place it
answer in the spoiler maybe:
could it maybe be the Jackdaw? we know that he "takes" the ship. And ships are referred to as "her" as well. Also the 2nd part "let's jump on board, and cut them to pieces." could indicate the take over of the jackdaw from the former crew. I could be waayyyy of here and i hope so (would be to easy otherwise). but just my first short brain storm

TJ_Wylde
09-20-2013, 08:14 PM
I'm so confused! I have access to The Watch, but how do I get a code and a card sent to me?? :-\

Sorry that I'm sounding impatient but I'm genuinely concerned I don't want to miss out!

Don't think we can outside the UK. But look for Lady's post on the 2nd page. She made pics of the card and that card will lead you to what we are currently discussing :D

ladyleonhart
09-20-2013, 08:17 PM

I sent you a PM. :)

adventurewomen
09-20-2013, 08:21 PM
Don't think we can outside the UK. But look for Lady's post on the 2nd page. She made pics of the card and that card will lead you to what we are currently discussing :D
I'm from New York, I'm currently living in the UK for my Graduate degree.

I sent you a PM. :)
Thanks! :)

RazgriZ-FX
09-20-2013, 08:23 PM
I'm so confused! I have access to The Watch, but how do I get a code and a card sent to me?? :-\Someone help please, I would appreciate it!Sorry that I'm sounding impatient but I'm genuinely concerned I don't want to miss out!A select few from the UK were emailed by Ubisoft. We had until the end of the week to reply to the email and those that did got the Ace of Spades card in the post today.On the card (if you look back a few pages) is a ship on one side and then on the other it says "From Flight to Spite, where her wicked soul rests". Underneath that is a code which we have learned sends us to an internet site aka "the place" aka...http://www.ac4aceofspades.com/I'd imagine that is it for them sending out cards. They may give out some at Eurogamer??? Not confirmed! I do not know, read here that there maybe more but if there is I can only speculate they'd have some at their booth at Eurogamer.You won't miss out, you're in the right place, just watch this thread ;)

Also I posted earlier but looks like my phone was being silly.

I don't think at least anyone else has posted it, but for reference and probably people have picked up on it anyway, but the ship on the card I'm quite sure it's...

The Flying Dutchman

The first thing I noticed when I got the card this morning was due to the words on the card and also the fact the captain could...

control the Kraken

...as we see it's arms wrapped around the skull which also was a dead giveaway.

So that considered, as well as the QAR on "the place", as well as someone posting about the coding giving away that this will be a game? Makes me wonder whether this will be a means to unlock extra content for in game maybe... only time will tell.

adventurewomen
09-20-2013, 08:32 PM
A select few from the UK were emailed by Ubisoft. We had until the end of the week to reply to the email and those that did got the Ace of Spades card in the post today.

On the card (if you look back a few pages) is a ship on one side and then on the other it says "From Flight to Spite, where her wicked soul rests". Underneath that is a code which we have learned sends us to an internet site aka "the place" aka...

[SPOILER]

I'd imagine that is it for them sending out cards. They may give out some at Eurogamer??? Not confirmed! I do not know, read here that there maybe more but if there is I can only speculate they'd have some at their booth at Eurogamer.

You won't miss out, you're in the right place, just watch this thread ;)
Thank you!! I appreciate the information! :)

Is it midnight, then we will know?

TJ_Wylde
09-20-2013, 08:44 PM
I don't think at least anyone else has posted it, but for reference and probably people have picked up on it anyway, but the ship on the card I'm quite sure it's...

The Flying Dutchman
[/COLOR]

On the other hand. IF QAR is indeed linked to this "puzzle" then maybe the ship is:
Blackbeards Queen Anne's Revenge. We already know that he's a key part in the game and that the short (QAR) for his ship is used here for this puzzle. So maybe the ship is the QAR on one side as a whole and on the other side destroyed by the kraken. All theorycrafting of course :)

pacmanate
09-20-2013, 09:11 PM

It was only a select few, not everyone.

RazgriZ-FX
09-20-2013, 09:38 PM
On the other hand. IF QAR is indeed linked to this "puzzle" then maybe the ship is:
Blackbeards Queen Anne's Revenge. We already know that he's a key part in the game and that the short (QAR) for his ship is used here for this puzzle. So maybe the ship is the QAR on one side as a whole and on the other side destroyed by the kraken. All theorycrafting of course :)

Ah I missed that detail.

Indeed it is the QAR being ripped apart. Again on the flip side it's intact. I'd imagine however both ships are involved in the game. Play massive roles in pirate legend. Sure I read somewhere ages ago the Kraken may play a role in the seas of AC4. Hmmm exciting, and yes of course all theory, part of the fun ;P

thewoodenspoon
09-20-2013, 10:10 PM
22:08 UK time & still nothing :/ getting fed up of waiting. But surely it can't be midnight like some people suggested because that is technically tomorrow, whereas the page was saying 'later today' or something like that. I can't even load the site now, can't connect to it, anyone else?

ladyleonhart
09-20-2013, 10:16 PM
22:08 UK time & still nothing :/ getting fed up of waiting. But surely it can't be midnight like some people suggested because that is technically tomorrow, whereas the page was saying 'later today' or something like that. I can't even load the site now, can't connect to it, anyone else?

When I refreshed the page there was some kind of error, but I managed to get the page back with the browser buttons, but nothing has changed at all. So, you're not the only one. :(

Dragula
09-20-2013, 10:16 PM
as far as i can tell the site has been taken down, probably updating it with the info needed

EllJim
09-20-2013, 10:18 PM
site wont load now, either we are all bouncing off it or it's loading right now.

From what I've read those who have cards have different ones. I think we need to try and collate information methinks we will need to work together to solve this.

My card (and Ace of spades obviously)

/spoiler "from flight to spite, where her wicked soul rests " then the number series reverse has what I assume to be the QAR intact, however the flag is not blackbeards (I have a magnifier for documents and it looks to be Portuguese or Spanish

Can someone please tell me how to do the whole spoiler thing I can't find the option.

EllJim
09-20-2013, 10:23 PM
too much traffic it seems the load page is back.

Dragula
09-20-2013, 10:24 PM
site is back up but not changed, i assume its changed behind the scenes ready to let us in

EllJim
09-20-2013, 10:25 PM
hmm interesting I highlighted the page and right clicked and got "search google for" lets jump aboard and cut them to pieces"

EllJim
09-20-2013, 10:27 PM
"From hight to spite where her wicked soul rests

“Let's jump on board, and cut them to pieces."

In the code source of the page and it's a riddle apparently :o

earlier someone said the page asked them for a password wonder if we have to enter on of these two sayings

Dragula
09-20-2013, 10:28 PM
if i right click i get translate to english lol

EllJim
09-20-2013, 10:31 PM
ok I think the Hight to spite is a typo of what we have on the cards "from flight to spite" lol typo's don't help mysteries. the source confirms it's a webgame as someone posted earlier (well done.) Interesting to see there are numerous riddle references so will try again later/tomorrow TBH this better fill the next 6 weeks of waiting or I am going to chew through my keyboard.

thewoodenspoon
09-20-2013, 10:38 PM
ok I think the Hight to spite is a typo of what we have on the cards "from flight to spite" lol typo's don't help mysteries. the source confirms it's a webgame as someone posted earlier (well done.) Interesting to see there are numerous riddle references so will try again later/tomorrow TBH this better fill the next 6 weeks of waiting or I am going to chew through my keyboard.

Sounds like you need GTAV &/or Fifa 14 lol. To do spoiler warnings by the way, as far as I know you have to go into the advanced bit when replying then click on the button that looks like a diamond I think, bottom row, 3 from the right :)

Dragula
09-20-2013, 10:45 PM
now links to http://www.ac4aceofspades.com/upgrade/index.html ...... seems like they are going to upgrade something

thewoodenspoon
09-20-2013, 10:45 PM
"Server is down, back soon", must be getting closer 11pm maybe

thewoodenspoon
09-20-2013, 11:01 PM
& there goes my 11pm theory.... jeez how much longer

Rockwell7
09-20-2013, 11:02 PM
I check the website in the morning now

Dragula
09-20-2013, 11:04 PM
im going to play gta now, ill check again at midnight

thewoodenspoon
09-20-2013, 11:13 PM
im going to play gta now, ill check again at midnight
Might copy ya ;)Can't see it being until midnight now which is tomorrow ubisoft! grrr

Fexqe
09-20-2013, 11:23 PM
From flight to spite where her wicked soul rests..
From hight to spite..

Why the difference? Card says Flight, Site says Hight.. That's a clue somehow

From flight to spite - from where she ran(flight, fleeing, escaping) to where she regrets?(spite, guilt, regret)
That's kinda my take on that..

And for those who think the ship on the card is the Flying Dutchman.. I doubt it because the ship on the card bears what I think is a French flag. I'm not sure because the color shading doesn't match up for France either. France is red, white, blue but on the card its dark, lighter dark, lightest so the order is off. (Should be dark, lightest, lighter dark for France)

Never ever seen(might've missed it?) an AC reference to Willem van der Decken and most important of all the Flying Dutchman myth originated(so sank even before that) in the 17th century. AC4 takes place in the early 18th century.
(If any of this is wrong please correct me.)

If it would be the Flying Dutchman then it's the Ghost Ship Wrong Flag version of it. ;)

Also.. I don't have the card but for the people who do.. Try scanning it with a Smart scan or a Enigma scanner. If it's a key then you should be able to unlock it somehow?

RazgriZ-FX
09-20-2013, 11:39 PM
From flight to spite where her wicked soul rests..
From hight to spite..

Why the difference? Card says Flight, Site says Hight.. That's a clue somehow

From flight to spite - from where she ran(flight, fleeing, escaping) to where she regrets?(spite, guilt, regret)
That's kinda my take on that..

And for those who think the ship on the card is the Flying Dutchman.. I doubt it because the ship on the card bears what I think is a French flag. I'm not sure because the color shading doesn't match up for France either. France is red, white, blue but on the card its dark, lighter dark, lightest so the order is off. (Should be dark, lightest, lighter dark for France)

Never ever seen(might've missed it?) an AC reference to Willem van der Decken and most important of all the Flying Dutchman myth originated(so sank even before that) in the 17th century. AC4 takes place in the early 18th century.
(If any of this is wrong please correct me.)

If it would be the Flying Dutchman then it's the Ghost Ship Wrong Flag version of it. ;)

Also.. I don't have the card but for the people who do.. Try scanning it with a Smart scan or a Enigma scanner. If it's a key then you should be able to unlock it somehow?

We already sussed it was a typo.

I "thought" i.e. my opinion, that maybe a clue to it speaking about a ship and with the Kraken in there I thought it maybe the Flying Dutchman. However when I looked closely at it, the Kraken is tearing a ship a part so I doubt that it'd be the Flying Dutchman.

All speculation at the moment.

However it'd be cool if in the game we do have all the ships of pirate legend in there.

The picture of the card is on the first few pages. The code, i.e. "key" is on it and we've unearthed the website as such.

Fexqe
09-20-2013, 11:54 PM
I dunno about it being a typo but time will tell.

About the card I know you guys found the IP but someone try scanning it anyway just in case. :p

I "thought" i.e. my opinion, that maybe a clue to it speaking about a ship and with the Kraken in there I thought it maybe the Flying Dutchman. However when I looked closely at it, the Kraken is tearing a ship a part so I doubt that it'd be the Flying Dutchman.
Davy Jones is also said to be captain of the Flying Dutchman and the Kraken and Davy Jones do have a relation so maybe the Flying Dutchman thing wasn't as far off as I thought.

However it'd be cool if in the game we do have all the ships of pirate legend in there.
Seeing legendary ships off in the distance or maybe even boarding them would be awesome.

captin_qwark7
09-20-2013, 11:58 PM
So these cards were only shipped wiithin the UK?
http://mashable.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Dr.-Who.gif

thewoodenspoon
09-21-2013, 12:03 AM
I'll wait till 1am then I'm off to bed, this is stupid...

ladyleonhart
09-21-2013, 12:09 AM
I'll wait till 1am then I'm off to bed, this is stupid...

Lol, agreed. :P I've been playing my PS3, but I think I'm going to give up and go to sleep too.

Why tell us that it would be revealed "later today" though...? :confused:

RazgriZ-FX
09-21-2013, 12:12 AM
I dunno about it being a typo but time will tell.

About the card I know you guys found the IP but someone try scanning it anyway just in case. :p

Davy Jones is also said to be captain of the Flying Dutchman and the Kraken and Davy Jones do have a relation so maybe the Flying Dutchman thing wasn't as far off as I thought.

Seeing legendary ships off in the distance or maybe even boarding them would be awesome.

Yeah the Davy Jones connection to The Flying Dutchman is the one I meant, with the whole ghost ship. My first impressions this morning was in the words on the card, possibly reflecting upon the story of Davy Jones and Calypso. However the "wicked" part could also point towards Blackbeard... but it's the part "From flight to spite" keeps me thinking the former.

Definitely, that'd be epic even just to see them in the distance.

I'm sure however I read months ago or even talked on a trailer from one of the dev dairies, that we maybe able to make Blackbeard and the QAR a part of your armada. Don't quote me on that though lol

thewoodenspoon
09-21-2013, 12:19 AM
Lol, agreed. :P I've been playing my PS3, but I think I'm going to give up and go to sleep too.

Why tell us that it would be revealed "later today" though...? :confused:
Because unfortunately it seems they, like so many people in this world give you a time, or appointment, that ends up being totally irrelevant and useless. Like getting a doctors appointment for 2.30 and getting seen at 3 lol

silvermercy
09-21-2013, 12:20 AM
Did I miss anything while I was away? lol I see two white boxes now. Is that a password?

NondairyGold
09-21-2013, 12:21 AM
Anybody know what the password is, did everyone who got the card get a password?

Locopells
09-21-2013, 12:23 AM
It's up! And I'm in!

I'm not gonna be on the net tomorrow, but I'll happily give hints to anyone who hasn't worked it out by Sunday.

ladyleonhart
09-21-2013, 12:24 AM
Lol, it's actually working now. :P

Fexqe
From flight to spite her wicked soul rests

Using what I said in my first post and taking in that someone mentioned this could be about Juno..

Juno ran(flight)
Juno felt guilt(spite)
Juno's soul now rests there.

She felt guilt because of killing her lover. (After that experiment gone wrong)
She ran because of the same thing.
Then she hatched her little take over the world plan and programmed herself into the AI thing in the Grand Temple AKA 'her wicked soul rests'

Just some speculation..

@RazgriZ-FX
And I think you're right about Blackbeard's armada but wasn't that with the statue codes? Or was that only Blackbeard's sails? So much info on the net we can't remember all aye.

silvermercy
I tried the numbers and the supposed resting place of QAR (Nortn Carolina) but doesn't seem to work. Anyone know if there's another name for where QAR sank so we can try it? lol

thewoodenspoon
09-21-2013, 12:25 AM
I'm sure however I read months ago or even talked on a trailer from one of the dev dairies, that we maybe able to make Blackbeard and the QAR a part of your armada. Don't quote me on that though lol

I think this could be it, as I mentioned earlier, least I was hoping it was, but the exclusivity aspect seems to of gone, unless we have to sign in somewhere...

thewoodenspoon
09-21-2013, 12:27 AM
Ok yer we're up and runnning but now what's the password/code lol?

Locopells
09-21-2013, 12:28 AM
'Evil laugh'

...think it's time I went to bed...night all!

Fexqe
09-21-2013, 12:32 AM
Welcome aboard Assassin!

You've successfully registered and secured a place in the Ace of Spades game.

A game of rich rewards and brutal punishments - this is pirate life.

You set sail at 00:00hrs on Monday October 30th, be prepared!

http://www.ac4aceofspades.com/

:o

adventurewomen
09-21-2013, 12:34 AM
'Evil laugh'

...think it's time I went to bed...night all!
PM please! ;)

thewoodenspoon
09-21-2013, 12:35 AM
how do you get on it :(?

thekarlone
09-21-2013, 12:36 AM
I don't know if anyone have said this, but 176.58.109.224 (the numbers of the card) is the IP of the web itself (ac4aceofspades.com). If you write the numbers in the browser then it is redirected to the web.

thewoodenspoon
09-21-2013, 12:39 AM
I don't know if anyone have said this, but 176.58.109.224 (the numbers of the card) is the IP of the web itself (ac4aceofspades.com). If you write the numbers in the browser then it is redirected to the web.

Yup we know dude... But how do you get through the password lock?

Doom_Of_Shadow
09-21-2013, 12:41 AM
PM Me Please :)

RazgriZ-FX
09-21-2013, 12:43 AM
Nice of people to share, we got the cards, have been working on it all day, then those who've jumped on, get in and don't share even though this thread was created for the very purpose. Nice one ;)

thewoodenspoon
09-21-2013, 12:44 AM
Welcome aboard Assassin!

You've successfully registered and secured a place in the Ace of Spades game.

A game of rich rewards and brutal punishments - this is pirate life.

You set sail at 00:00hrs on Monday October 30th, be prepared!

http://www.ac4aceofspades.com/

:o

Explain..

thewoodenspoon
09-21-2013, 12:46 AM
Nice of people to share, we got the cards, have been working on it all day, then those who've jumped on, get in and don't share even though this thread was created for the very purpose. Nice one ;)

I know right! Fexqe, you want to share where that info is from? or at least point us in the right direction, there's about a million things it could be FFS.

shaders-08
09-21-2013, 12:47 AM
I'm going to be honest i was kicking myself at how many times i scrolled right past the answer

Rutternator1
09-21-2013, 12:49 AM
I'm going to be honest i was kicking myself at how many times i scrolled right past the answer

PM me i'm stumped

Fexqe
09-21-2013, 12:49 AM
This is the e-mail you receive after entering the password.

Axonometri
09-21-2013, 12:50 AM
This is driving me nuts!

RazgriZ-FX
09-21-2013, 12:51 AM
Mark said this card was the key...

We deciphered the numbers were an ip address...

That cannot be it, surely?

The words are already on the website, and it says "Flight" not "Hight", it's just caligraphy.

I'm obviously overlooking something and it's right under my nose. However whether it has connection to the card? Pfff, mind blown. Or whether its from the game... a reference from somewhere. Like "her wicked soul rests" being part of the answer, who is "she" and where does her soul rest.

Would it be in connection to the Queen Anne's Revenge or???

thewoodenspoon
09-21-2013, 12:51 AM

Ok, at least give us a clue or PM me I dunno where to look, queen anne's revnge wiki I've tried so many keywords, wreck loactions etc. is it on the watch site the password, cmon spill I'm getting tired, been on this forum about 12 hours

ladyleonhart
09-21-2013, 12:52 AM
Mr Shade said all we needed was the card. Then, we're probably over-thinking it to be honest.

RazgriZ-FX
09-21-2013, 12:53 AM
Ok, at least give us a clue or PM me I dunno where to look, queen anne's revnge wiki I've tried so many keywords, wreck loactions etc. is it on the watch site the password, cmon spill I'm getting tired, been on this forum about 12 hours

Exactly, that's the thanks we get.

People now jumping on and teasing.

Courtesy? Pfff, not these days, not in this society.

Mr Shade said all we needed was the card. Then, we're probably over-thinking it to be honest.

Yeah that's what I can't help but think too. Mark said what we get in the post is "THE KEY". I can't believe the numbers were just an ip key to find a website. It has to be the card.

shaders-08
09-21-2013, 12:53 AM
see i wanna tell you guys, but wouldn't that honestly ruin the fun? cmon guys, i got it within a 15 minuet search on google surely you can get it if you look close enough

thewoodenspoon
09-21-2013, 12:55 AM
Thanks Fex, I'm pretty annoyed, I nearly tried it too! but I thought nah. I'm not spoling it but where does 'her' the ships soul rest, given we established the ship is queen anne's revenge...

adventurewomen
09-21-2013, 12:56 AM
see i wanna tell you guys, but wouldn't that honestly ruin the fun? cmon guys, i got it within a 15 minuet search on google surely you can get it if you look close enough
We know the website it's just the damn code we are trying to find out!

Fexqe
09-21-2013, 12:56 AM
My only hint is Beaufort. Now see I've made it easy for you guys.

Oh and Raz read your PM before going on a courtesy rant.

AlexCleysson
09-21-2013, 01:00 AM
Pm me, please =D

shaders-08
09-21-2013, 01:01 AM
Beaufort? i never came across that, hell that would have made it harder for me lol

thewoodenspoon
09-21-2013, 01:01 AM
Not sure how it's gonna work but I'm going as crew :P

shaders-08
09-21-2013, 01:02 AM
We know the website it's just the damn code we are trying to find out!

that's what i meant, i found the code within a 15 minuet google search, its not that hard just think carefully about what the words say.

shaders-08
09-21-2013, 01:03 AM
Not sure how it's gonna work but I'm going as crew :P

join the cursed raider

Wound3D
09-21-2013, 01:03 AM
Guys iv just managed to work it out think co-ordinates. . .

Fexqe
09-21-2013, 01:06 AM
Just love it when people get all worked up about a game..

thewoodenspoon
09-21-2013, 01:07 AM
join the cursed raider

sent u a request

Wound3D
09-21-2013, 01:11 AM
Iv also sent a request

MissMadHatter_
09-21-2013, 01:13 AM
really stuck whats the code help please

thewoodenspoon
09-21-2013, 01:14 AM
I guess we are looking for members to join the cursed raider ship, 2 places left, who's good enough? ;)

shaders-08
09-21-2013, 01:14 AM
1 place left, hopefully the friend i invited will sighn up fast enough to grab it haha

thewoodenspoon
09-21-2013, 01:16 AM
1 place left, hopefully the friend i invited will sighn up fast enough to grab it haha

damn that was sorted out pretty quick :) they watch members too or just mates?

Fexqe
DAILY PRIZES

DAY 1

Every gentlemen of fortune is ultimately in it for themselves... Each day the individual player who plunders the most gold will win some Assassin's booty:

Todays 1st place prize is an AC4 Edward Conway figurine.

Two runners up win an Assassin's Creed T-shirt, skull candle and keyring.

Check your rank on the leaderboard and strive to be the richest pirate each day!

If anyone from Ace of Spades is reading this it's Kenway not Conway. ;)

Also the e-mail we receive is wrong. It says october 30th but it's september 30th right? In-game it says september.

shaders-08
and we have our crew

thewoodenspoon
09-21-2013, 01:18 AM
I'm so excited, I want free stuff! roll on sep 30th woop woop let the chaos begin!

shaders-08
09-21-2013, 01:19 AM
damn that was sorted out pretty quick :) they watch members too or just mates?

just a mate haha, he did get the last place & i guess it was pretty quick haha

Wound3D
09-21-2013, 01:19 AM
Cant wait to serve the cursed raider let us get some bootyyy :p

Dragula
09-21-2013, 01:20 AM
wow we all win "A Black Chest Collectors Edition" if the cursed raider wins overall, thats pretty cool

adventurewomen
09-21-2013, 01:22 AM
AQUILA it is then! ;)

Captain Connor's ship for me! ;)

shaders-08
09-21-2013, 01:23 AM
wow we all win "A Black Chest Collectors Edition" if the cursed raider wins overall, thats pretty cool

then we must win, for the pride of the ship

RazgriZ-FX
09-21-2013, 01:24 AM
Can you view other's ships? Just randomly got invited to a ship as soon as I joined.

Rutternator1
Gonna sound like a right idiot, but how do you log back in, PM me if you can't say on the forums

thewoodenspoon
That's very cool yup but you we gotta win 1st & it all depends on how many people sign up too. Hoodie would be great too! Gonna look forward to it ;)Get sep 30th in ur diarys folks :)

thewoodenspoon
09-21-2013, 01:27 AM
then we must win, for the pride of the ship

I wonder how it's gonna work, stealing from other people and stuff ? 1 other thing, did you make the emblem just now or was there some to select from? I quite like it ;)

tobyfox
09-21-2013, 01:27 AM
i still cant get past the two white boxes ;@( what r the passwords

tobyfox
09-21-2013, 01:28 AM
can someone pm me the password to get past the white boxes i have been at this all day :(

shaders-08
09-21-2013, 01:30 AM
That's very cool yup but you we gotta win 1st & it all depends on how many people sign up too. Hoodie would be great too! Gonna look forward to it ;)Get sep 30th in ur diarys folks :)

well i know i'm gonna try as hard as i can so we all get one

Can you view other's ships? Just randomly got invited to a ship as soon as I joined.

once you accept a ship i think thats it until your ship gets beat or sinks

RazgriZ-FX
09-21-2013, 01:33 AM
well i know i'm gonna try as hard as i can so we all get one

once you accept a ship i think thats it until your ship gets beat or sinks

Yeeeaaah... I see there's no way of backing out, good job I like the name, just hope the crew are decent. Good luck to you though, seem like you've got a crew that communicates!

*On that note, if the following members are on here, please PM me =)

xShadowKiller7
gold roger
Raven

Cheers.

EllJim
09-21-2013, 01:33 AM
it's up lol hmm think I know the clue

shaders-08
09-21-2013, 01:35 AM
Yeeeaaah... I see there's no way of backing out, good job I like the name, just hope the crew are decent. Good luck to you though, seem like you've got a crew that communicates!

good luck to you too

also this must be the only time i have ever been looking forward to a monday

thewoodenspoon
09-21-2013, 01:36 AM
I'm so up for this s**t lol but I kinda don't wanna tell others about it now other than the people who were on the forums earlier and went to bed etc. They were looking all day so that seems fair, others are gonna have to wait til someone else decides to post if they haven't already. I don't like being mean but I wanna do well now lol

thewoodenspoon
09-21-2013, 01:37 AM
it's up lol hmm think I know the clue

nooooo u missed out u coulda joined our crew :/

shaders-08
09-21-2013, 01:38 AM
I'm so up for this s**t lol but I kinda don't wanna tell others about it now other than the people who were on the forums earlier and went to bed etc. They were looking all day so that seems fair, others are gonna have to wait til someone else decides to post if they haven't already. I don't like being mean but I wanna do well now lol

now you know how i felt earlier haha

thewoodenspoon
09-21-2013, 01:39 AM
good luck to you too

also this must be the only time i have ever been looking forward to a monday

I love how it says recruiting starts on the 23rd yet we're already done ;)

AlexCleysson
09-21-2013, 01:40 AM
I finally got it!
Beaufort, guys... beaufort...

EllJim
09-21-2013, 01:41 AM
IT's up I've created a ship My Name is Jimmeh my ship the Frying Jim is looking for crew!

Dragula
09-21-2013, 01:44 AM
there is enough clues on these forums for people to get into the game..... which is a pity because if we only had like 12 ships it would make it alot easier to win lol

EllJim
09-21-2013, 01:45 AM
nooooo u missed out u coulda joined our crew :/

Too late???

shaders-08
09-21-2013, 01:45 AM
I love how it says recruiting starts on the 23rd yet we're already done ;)

yeah, i think the riddle was meant to be a little harder than it was. only problem now is even though i know nothing will change im not going to be able to pull myself away from the forum or the game just in case haha

Dragula
09-21-2013, 01:46 AM
i wonder when it sets sail, if it will be at midnight on the 29th

adventurewomen
09-21-2013, 01:47 AM
i wonder when it sets sail, if it will be at midnight on the 29th
It says on the website 30th September, so go with that date!

I'm sure everyone will get emails about the progress daily.

AlexCleysson
09-21-2013, 01:48 AM
Someone accept my request aaaaarrrrrgggghhh

AlexCleysson
09-21-2013, 01:50 AM
Thanks MageAzen! I'm ready to set sail!

EllJim
09-21-2013, 01:52 AM
Thanks MageAzen! I'm ready to set sail!

we need more crew so recruit :) TBH I want all of us to work towards the reveal. Prizes would be nice but... :)

shaders-08
09-21-2013, 01:52 AM
also judging by the huge thing at the bottom i'm guessing that their will be 3 days of looting & readying the ship & then the 4th day will be some big battle royal to decide who the better pirate team is

thewoodenspoon
09-21-2013, 01:56 AM
also judging by the huge thing at the bottom i'm guessing that their will be 3 days of looting & readying the ship & then the 4th day will be some big battle royal to decide who the better pirate team is
big finale on october 4th ;)

thewoodenspoon
09-21-2013, 01:57 AM
Only 5 ships docked at Nassau, that mean only 5 ships, so 30 people in total, hope it stays like that lol!

silvermercy
I'm the Golden Falcon! lulz

I amended the code to add a very important article: chocolate cookies for life! How can you NOT join my crew now!? Eh!? Eh!?

shaders-08
i just realized i signed up and joined up for this all exited & i didn't read how it will be played. did anyone else?

thewoodenspoon
09-21-2013, 01:59 AM
i just realized i signed up and joined up for this all exited & i didn't read how it will be played. did anyone else?

Nope, I thought this too, I don't think it explained really...

EllJim
09-21-2013, 02:00 AM
Only 5 ships docked at Nassau, that mean only 5 ships, so 30 people in total, hope it stays like that lol! I see docked ships 18, whether they have crew or not is a question of course.

thewoodenspoon
09-21-2013, 02:01 AM
can you logout and come back on the same way?

shaders-08
09-21-2013, 02:01 AM
Only 5 ships docked at Nassau, that mean only 5 ships, so 30 people in total, hope it stays like that lol!

5? im seeing 20

& yeah you just need to put the password in again & then sign in with your e-mail

thewoodenspoon
09-21-2013, 02:03 AM

oh and by the way is the avatar of the swords over the skull one you made for the ship or is that your personal one or you pick it from a selection?

EllJim
09-21-2013, 02:03 AM
My code for any prospective crew (Ship Frying Jim Captain Jimmeh
:
i. Every man aboard shall have equal title to the ship’s prize - provided it does not weigh more than a goat

ii. Every man aboard shall accrue his own personal fortune and contribute to the ship’s coffers. Especially every 2nd Tuesday

iii. No man shall talk of breaking up his way of life or abandoning his ship until the voyage be complete. Unless in a pink TuTu

iv. He shall stand ready when called to service or to fight for ship and crew. Must bring own Cucumber

v. He who fails to serve as an active and worthy ship mate can, if the captain so chooses, end up marooned in a desolate place, with a flintlock and one load. Also may be provided a matching set of Doilies

vi. He that shall desert the ship in time of battle shall also be punished by marooning without the doilies

vii. He that is marred by black luck may also be marooned, if the captain so chooses, lest they affect the ships fortunes. Pink luck ok.

viii. Unfaithful, lazy or incompetent captains may be usurped – discontented crews may mutiny and a new captain may rise. Captain to define lazy, .... whatever.

xi. No games of chance to be played aboard. On land, shipmates may gamble at their own peril. peril optional

x. All shipmates shall hereby be bound as brothers under these articles, swearing allegiance to ship and crew. All shall swear to fight to the end for their brotherhood. Swear jar in captains cabin. £1 per swear

GIVE US DEATH OR GLORY! or slightly toasted Sandwiches

shaders-08
09-21-2013, 02:04 AM
oh and by the way is the avatar of the swords over the skull one you made for the ship or is that your personal one or you pick it from a selection?

you know im not the captain right? and neither

AlexCleysson
09-21-2013, 02:05 AM
we need more crew so recruit :) TBH I want all of us to work towards the reveal. Prizes would be nice but... :)
You're right. I'm in.

thewoodenspoon
09-21-2013, 02:08 AM
you know im not the captain right? and neither oh right lol what's your name on it? mine is calum769 and who is captain then?

AlexCleysson
09-21-2013, 02:10 AM
Hey guys join the Frying Jim... we need 4 crew members!

silvermercy
09-21-2013, 02:18 AM
I need 2 more. But I sent some requests so I hope to be ready to sail tomorrow! haha!

Ya like the flag I made for the Golden Falcon? lol

http://www.ac4aceofspades.com/uploads/ship/36.jpeg

Legacy-Tom
09-21-2013, 02:18 AM
I need 2 more. But I sent some requests so I hope to be ready to sail tomorrow! haha!

I joined yours! The flag was too good to miss out on.

ladyleonhart
09-21-2013, 02:19 AM

I've joined your crew, Captain. ;)

The flag is so SHINY!! xD Lol, it's great!! :D

silvermercy
09-21-2013, 02:19 AM
I joined yours! The flag was too good to miss out on.

haha! Thanks! You shall be supplied with endless chocolate cookies at once!!

shaders-08
09-21-2013, 02:20 AM
oh right lol what's your name on it? mine is calum769 and who is captain then?

captains Xangr8(c)

& my name on it is griff

silvermercy
I've joined your crew, Captain. ;)

The flag is so SHINY!! xD Lol, it's great!! :D

Oooh thank you, too!!! Seems I'm full with crew now!! hahaha! 1 more now. Can I get more than 5 then??

edit: oh yes... chocolate cookies. Here!

thewoodenspoon
Okay guys/girls, I'm gonna go to bed, I've been on here too much today, but we got there in the end! PM me if you want anything and I'll get back tomorrow, 24 docked ships & counting.... laterz :)

ladyleonhart
09-21-2013, 02:22 AM
Oooh thank you, too!!! Seems I'm full with crew now!! hahaha! Can I get more than 5 then??

edit: oh yes... chocolate cookies. Here!

I think we still need one more crew member. :)

silvermercy
09-21-2013, 02:25 AM
I think we still need one more. :)
yes! I just edited my post. :) Come onnn 1 moarrr...

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSZn7RUJOsf0nq0pFNiLRtZWXR1TQaCw cuVfxKKqZO6FKDhvt-lbw

ladyleonhart
09-21-2013, 02:26 AM
yes! I just edited my post. :) Come onnn 1 moarrr...

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSZn7RUJOsf0nq0pFNiLRtZWXR1TQaCw cuVfxKKqZO6FKDhvt-lbw

Can I have gingerbread biscuits instead...? I can't have chocolate cookies. :(

xMikehx
09-21-2013, 02:28 AM
I can't figure out the darn code to get through. I've been at this like an hour now. Even with all the hints. T_T I'm failing.

silvermercy
09-21-2013, 02:28 AM
Can I have gingerbread biscuits instead...? I can't have chocolate cookies. :(
gingerbread cookies? Of course!!! Any variety for my crew!!

http://www.wisconsinmade.com/assets/item/large/3992-homemade-holiday-gingerbread-cookies-XL.jpg

ladyleonhart
09-21-2013, 02:32 AM
gingerbread cookies? Of course!!! Any variety!

http://www.wisconsinmade.com/assets/item/large/3992-homemade-holiday-gingerbread-cookies-XL.jpg
Aw... They're lovely. Thank you, Captain. :D You're the best. :)

Edit: Just checked and we have a full crew!! xD

silvermercy
09-21-2013, 02:33 AM
Ship is full! YAY! :D My cookie tactics have worked after all! I was wondering about offering chocolate and almond ones at first. But chocolate and gingerbread ones seemed to resonate the best with the crowd. It was a risky decision with a fruitful outcome.

(Btw, I just realised I had more requests but couldn't accept more than 5! :( Sowwwy!!! )

Irianthul
09-21-2013, 02:46 AM
A new member of the forums, but definitely not a new member to the AC franchise, offering his services to any willing captain. My price? A pm with the details of how to get past the stupid white boxes, I've been trying all day!

xMikehx
09-21-2013, 02:51 AM
A new member of the forums, but definitely not a new member to the AC franchise, offering his services to any willing captain. My price? A pm with the details of how to get past the stupid white boxes, I've been trying all day!

In the same boat (get it?)...

I am not sure what to try anymore haha.

pirate1802
09-21-2013, 04:38 AM
:'(

AlexCleysson
09-21-2013, 04:45 AM
Someone wanna join our crew? lol
We just have two, couting me :p

TJ_Wylde
09-21-2013, 05:59 AM
My code for any prospective crew (Ship Frying Jim Captain Jimmeh
:
i. Every man aboard shall have equal title to the ship’s prize - provided it does not weigh more than a goat

ii. Every man aboard shall accrue his own personal fortune and contribute to the ship’s coffers. Especially every 2nd Tuesday

iii. No man shall talk of breaking up his way of life or abandoning his ship until the voyage be complete. Unless in a pink TuTu

iv. He shall stand ready when called to service or to fight for ship and crew. Must bring own Cucumber

v. He who fails to serve as an active and worthy ship mate can, if the captain so chooses, end up marooned in a desolate place, with a flintlock and one load. Also may be provided a matching set of Doilies

vi. He that shall desert the ship in time of battle shall also be punished by marooning without the doilies

vii. He that is marred by black luck may also be marooned, if the captain so chooses, lest they affect the ships fortunes. Pink luck ok.

viii. Unfaithful, lazy or incompetent captains may be usurped – discontented crews may mutiny and a new captain may rise. Captain to define lazy, .... whatever.

xi. No games of chance to be played aboard. On land, shipmates may gamble at their own peril. peril optional

x. All shipmates shall hereby be bound as brothers under these articles, swearing allegiance to ship and crew. All shall swear to fight to the end for their brotherhood. Swear jar in captains cabin. £1 per swear

GIVE US DEATH OR GLORY! or slightly toasted Sandwiches

Just woke up. Seems i missed a lot of fun :p. Anywayz i'm trying to figure out the pass asap and if you still got a spot i'd love to join the crew mate. If you still got a spot my name there is JeanLafitte (google it he has a great history ;) :p )

Rockwell7
09-21-2013, 06:27 AM
If anyone got a spare place on board a ship for a crew member I'm waiting at the Dock.

RobertMcSassin
09-21-2013, 06:58 AM
Hello...I am what is technically known as...A ruddy fool...

Riddles have never been my strong point...And as I'm now old and my brain is addled, I stand little chance of getting the answer...

Soooo...Could someone purr-leeeze *Flutters eyelashes/puppy-dog eyes* tell me what the blinking heck* I'm supposed to put in them two boxes?...

It would be much appreciated...Ta...

Rockwell7
09-21-2013, 07:57 AM
Im trying to work out the password for the site aswell :(

Maplemoore
09-21-2013, 08:06 AM
Anyone know the coordinates for master of the compass?
Please PM if you do :)

EllJim
09-21-2013, 08:34 AM
Just woke up. Seems i missed a lot of fun :p. Anywayz i'm trying to figure out the pass asap and if you still got a spot i'd love to join the crew mate. If you still got a spot my name there is JeanLafitte (google it he has a great history ;) :p )

Invite sent to you

EllJim
09-21-2013, 08:34 AM
Im trying to work out the password for the site aswell :(

Look up Queen annes revenge on the website and enter the long lat where she went down.

Rockwell7
09-21-2013, 08:42 AM
Look up Queen annes revenge on the website and enter the long lat where she went down.

many thanks MageZen

ACLexter
09-21-2013, 08:45 AM
What's happening? I saw this post in the morning about the mail and cards and the website that is live now but asking for password or something... Oh how I envy you guys in UK :(

TJ_Wylde
09-21-2013, 09:00 AM
Invite sent to you

Awesome i accepted and thanks :D. Glad i took an hiatus till jan 1th. Got lots of time to put into this. Hope there will be some awesome difficult puzzles along the way like they did with the TSW args :D

Edit: dang 79 ships already. Though i guess about 90% om are empty (only a captain) right now. To many ppl wanna be a capt haha. Guess it's waiting till the 30th now? i'll fill my time with PotBS then and the watch :)

Rockwell7
09-21-2013, 09:08 AM
Waiting on board ship now

EllJim
09-21-2013, 10:20 AM
Waiting on board ship now

Which ship? :)

EllJim
09-21-2013, 10:21 AM
Frying Jim still recruiting crew only a couple of spaces left

Rockwell7
09-21-2013, 10:49 AM
on the Blackheart

silvermercy
09-21-2013, 10:52 AM
Can you be a captain of more than one ships (with the same account)? Like an Armada? lol Because I woke up and found replies from my non-AC friends that want to join my crew. But all spaces are filled.

ladyleonhart
09-21-2013, 11:31 AM
Lol, 109 ships docked at Nassau. It's certainly very busy. ;)

TJ_Wylde
09-21-2013, 11:40 AM
Lol, 109 ships dcoked at Nassau. It's certainly very busy. ;)

OMG that's 30 more ships in 5 hours. Really start to think that everyone just wants to be a captain instead of a crew member. But if i take what it says ("Current Crew 3 crew member(s) required") then i'd believe/think that a ship has to be full with crew before it can participate in everything on the 30th.

Maybe MR Shade (think that was his name right?) can shed some light on this.

ladyleonhart
09-21-2013, 11:41 AM
Can you be a captain of more than one ships (with the same account)? Like an Armada? lol Because I woke up and found replies from my non-AC friends that want to join my crew. But all spaces are filled.

I think it said on the first page that you can only create one ship. Also, I don't think crew members can leave once they have joined a ship. At least for now, there aren't a lot of options.

silvermercy
09-21-2013, 11:42 AM
Lol, 109 ships dcoked at Nassau. It's certainly very busy. ;)

hahaha! I can see it now on launch day: Grand Theft Armada.... or Fast And Furious: High Seas.

I think it said on the first page that you can only create one ship. Also, I don't think crew members can leave once they have joined a ship. At least for now, there aren't a lot of options.
Indeed. I only want to use one account for registration.

One of the options is for the most profitable crew member to become a captain next time. too! ^^

ladyleonhart
09-21-2013, 11:49 AM
OMG that's 30 more ships in 5 hours. Really start to think that everyone just wants to be a captain instead of a crew member. But if i take what it says ("Current Crew 3 crew member(s) required") then i'd believe/think that a ship has to be full with crew before it can participate in everything on the 30th.

Maybe MR Shade (think that was his name right?) can shed some light on this.

I think you're right about that. I've joined a ship that is full and it says:

"You've found your ship. It sets sail 30.09.13 . You have sworn your allegiance to the good ship... and she is now fully manned with a murderous crew! ... is now ready to start plundering its way around the Caribbean, you'll be notified when your ship is free to leave port..."

Yes, it's Mr Shade.

ArabianFrost
09-21-2013, 11:54 AM
Wait. Ships and crews? Is this a Watch thing or is it for the public too? I haven't been on the Watch since I first got it.

pirate1802
09-21-2013, 12:46 PM
What is ze password to enter ze site! D:

pacmanate
09-21-2013, 12:47 PM
Just got my card, figured out that IP stuff which was easy.

Now I don't know what's going on.

pirate1802
09-21-2013, 12:49 PM
Wait. Ships and crews? Is this a Watch thing or is it for the public too? I haven't been on the Watch since I first got it.

Its open to everyone except Egyptians.

pacmanate
09-21-2013, 12:55 PM
Alright guys, I need some hardcore UK guys let me join their crew. I want prizes, you want prizes.

Let's make this happen.

waynedavies89
09-21-2013, 01:18 PM
Anyone have a spot on their for a gold hunting first mate?

EllJim
09-21-2013, 01:19 PM
Alright guys, I need some hardcore UK guys let me join their crew. I want prizes, you want prizes.

Let's make this happen.

Ship frying Jim

Captain Jimmeh

Whats your name on the game?

pacmanate
09-21-2013, 01:19 PM
Silver and Lady, are you two both up for starting a new crew?

silvermercy
09-21-2013, 01:20 PM
Silver and Lady, are you two both up for starting a new crew?
I'm up for it as I said in my PM. Let's wait for Lady to see this. :)

EllJim
09-21-2013, 01:21 PM
Code to enter website?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen_Anne%27s_Revenge

It's the longatitude/latitude where she went down

1st box
34°41′44″N
2nd box
76°41′20″W

My ships the Frying Jim, captain Jimmeh, let me know your name when your in.

waynedavies89
09-21-2013, 01:22 PM
Sliver and Pac, any room for me guys?

silvermercy
09-21-2013, 01:23 PM
Welcome aboard! (Well from at least! haha!)

waynedavies89
09-21-2013, 01:24 PM
Welcome aboard! (Well from at least! haha!)

You captain?

ladyleonhart
09-21-2013, 01:24 PM
I'm up for it as I said in my PM. Let's wait for Lady to see this. :)

Okay. :) Please wait for me, though. I have to create a new e-mail account.

silvermercy
09-21-2013, 01:26 PM
You captain?
We haven't voted yet. hehe... I am captain on Golden Falcon. But we'll create a new ship (unnamed yet). I don't mind who is the captain or not! (But ya'll need to let me design the flag! :p)

That's great Lady! I used facebook so I'll try to see if I can join as crew with my current email. :) But we need a ship name and a captain!! I'm fine with Pac being captain since it was his idea.

pacmanate
09-21-2013, 01:28 PM

Yup! Only UK regulars that really want prizes can come onto our ship :p. We are still sorting things out but you can have a place.

So far in the UK Forum Crew we have:

Me - Silver - Lady - Wayne

waynedavies89
09-21-2013, 01:28 PM
We haven't voted yet. hehe... I am captain on Golden Falcon. But we'll create a new ship (unnamed yet). I don't mind who is the captain or not! (But ya'll need to let me design the flag! :p)

We could create a new one or me & pac could just join the Falcon, besides that's a great name haha

waynedavies89
09-21-2013, 01:30 PM
Yup! Only UK regulars that really want prizes can come onto our ship :p. We are still sorting things out but you can have a place.

So far in the UK Forum Crew we have:

Me - Silver - Lady - Wayne

Ok then, we need 1 more

pacmanate
09-21-2013, 01:30 PM
We could create a new one or me & pac could just join the Falcon, besides that's a great name haha
We are creating a new one because their ship is full. But in due time. We need to let Lady make a new email first.

silvermercy
09-21-2013, 01:31 PM

The Falcon is full though since yesterday. Can't accept more crew. :(