PDA

View Full Version : Unite. Unlock. Earn. Gamestop special Event! (IMPORTANT TO GAMESTOP PRE ORDERS)

StirringHook14
09-20-2013, 02:08 AM
Everyone who has a reserved copy of AC: IV Black Flag! This is important! Gamestop released a Special Event that allows you to gain extra in game content if we reach 40,000 shares! If we can do this on either Twitter, Google+, or Facebook we'll be able to get this! The link I shall post below and everyone who hasn't pre ordered from Gamestop you guys can pitch in too! It would be really helpful if you guys did!

Link Below:

http://www.gamestopblackflag.com/

LoyalACFan
09-20-2013, 05:12 AM
God, I hate bullcrap like this...

StirringHook14
09-20-2013, 09:03 PM
I know that no one would take a second to do this. Since no one else has commented, nor even shared as I asked. But I don't have a problem with it. Sure it would be cool if people pitched in and all. But hey, what can I do? Nothing really.

SixKeys
09-20-2013, 09:07 PM
Would be handy if they had a counter somewhere. We have no idea if we're anywhere close to even the first goal yet. Knowing your vote matters might give people more incentive to keep sharing.

StirringHook14
09-20-2013, 09:13 PM
Would be handy if they had a counter somewhere. We have no idea if we're anywhere close to even the first goal yet. Knowing your vote matters might give people more incentive to keep sharing.

That's what ticks me off, I'm like "WHY GAMESTOP!! ARE YE STUPID!" I don't know what they were thinking. But yeah, it would've helped greatly having a bar showing all the shares. I'm not sure if we'll ever hit the 40,000 mark. Unless we get countless of people doing it in a amount of time. Since next month is arrival. We might wanna pick up the paste here. I'm not sure if you can share it only once or as many times as you want...I see that as a great way to cheat your way to get the in game loot. XD Just take hours hitting that share button till we all hit 40,000 haha!

StirringHook14
09-20-2013, 10:09 PM
Like I said, people probably won't look at this anyway but I hope we can get up to 40,000. It'd be awesome.

LoyalACFan
09-20-2013, 11:09 PM
Should have clarified before; I got mine from Amazon, so I'm ineligible anyway. But still, I despise viral marketing like this. "Bug your friends online to get extra stuff!" Meh.

pirate1802
09-21-2013, 05:22 AM
"Bug your friends online to get extra stuff!" Meh.

Hey, I like to bug my friends online anyway! So extra crap like this is only added incentive to do so. :p

That said, I haven't preordered from Gamestop so I'm not eligible either way.

StirringHook14
09-21-2013, 03:52 PM
40,000 shares does seem kinda unreal when you think about it...I don't think people all around the world would make it to 40,000 shares.. I think 10,000 shares would've been a better option.

NondairyGold
09-21-2013, 04:11 PM
We're going to get this content regardless of wether we hit the target of not. That's why there's no counter, they'll just release each achievement goal at regular intervals, and say we hit the required total likes!!

StirringHook14
09-21-2013, 07:44 PM
Interesting, they might have foiled us. Maybe not though, we don't know what Gamestop is planning.

STDlyMcStudpants
09-21-2013, 07:58 PM
Really? if they get 40,000 shares Ubi is going to scrap the gamestop version already made to give them just one more thing? Lol
NO
I'm getting the black friday edition with the season pass (even though i have to wait a month longer)

poptartz20
09-21-2013, 10:59 PM
Really? if they get 40,000 shares Ubi is going to scrap the gamestop version already made to give them just one more thing? Lol
NO
I'm getting the black friday edition with the season pass (even though i have to wait a month longer)

Ahh... I thought about doing the same thing. but geez that's going to be a long wait. :\ this game is good. I feel conflicted.

back on subject. I have mixed emotions like stuff like this. I don't like sharing this stuff sometimes because I have friends that are gamers and friends that are not. so it's still only a 50/50 if this gets shared anyways. -- I shared it on twitter. but oh well.

STDlyMcStudpants
09-21-2013, 11:26 PM
Ahh... I thought about doing the same thing. but geez that's going to be a long wait. :\ this game is good. I feel conflicted.

back on subject. I have mixed emotions like stuff like this. I don't like sharing this stuff sometimes because I have friends that are gamers and friends that are not. so it's still only a 50/50 if this gets shared anyways. -- I shared it on twitter. but oh well.

Last year I preordered from GS and got screwed lol. Not happening again.
Plus im not as excited about this AC as I was for Revelations and AC3 and on top of that I have a huge back log...last year I had no other games to beat and they brought in a native american whos best friend is george freakin washington (so it seemed) I had to have it day 1 :D
It's a lot different for me this year.
Love pirates but just not hyped up about this release. (Mostly because naval felt like a chore to me in AC3, I dont want more ..)

StirringHook14
09-22-2013, 05:56 PM
You had an option to do the naval missions, you didn't really need to do them unless you were going for 100% super awesome broman of awesomeness. 40,000 shares does seem like a chore, and a hassle. Half of the things you get for 10,000 shares, (A Pirate Song fer ye crew.) 20,000 shares (A gameplay video) 30,000 shares (A Q&A) Are pointless. The only thing worth it all is the 40,000 is getting more in game content. That is, if ye want yer booty to be larger. Fill yer chests up with gold and stories to be told. What 'ave ya .

AidenPixxel
10-07-2013, 05:09 PM
Ehhh..wtf?We have 30.000 shares but no 20.000

prince162010
10-07-2013, 05:16 PM
Ehhh..wtf?We have 30.000 shares but no 20.000

WTF IS HAPPENING WITH GAMESTOP:( :mad:

StirringHook14
10-13-2013, 08:26 PM
Well, we are almost there to 40,000 shares. Just need the 30,000 and the 40,000. If we all push together we'll see what we get. The Season Pass is already coming out so I wonder what Gamestop is bringing out for this.

HiddenKiller612
10-14-2013, 04:33 AM
If I had some idea of what it is I'd be more willing to share it.

StirringHook14
10-19-2013, 07:31 PM
Its basically a website where it shows you 4 special unlocks. A picture, a song, a gameplay video, a Q& A and then Special In game content.
We got the everything right now bu the In game content at the moment.
We hit the 30,000 share mark I mean.
The thing is you have to share the website to either Google+ Facebook or Twitter and then have your friends do the same. If you wish to get more content from Gamestop.

TorQue1988
10-24-2013, 05:34 PM
So what exactly was the point of reaching 40 000 likes to unlock this?

UNLOCKED: IN‑GAME LOOT
In addition to The Black Island Pack, this here treasure is yours for the taking.
When you pre-order Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag from GameStop you'll receive the exclusive Pirate's Bounty Pack as well. Discover the location of The Pirate's Bounty in-game and you'll unlock these exclusive items: German Rapier Swords, Compass Relic and other valuable multiplayer items such as the Discoverer picture and title.

So for the likes crap you get something you would get anyway by pre-ordering the game at gamestop?
Anyway, i like that you have to discover the locations of these items in-game. instead of automatically unlocking them in the captain's quarters.

JustynThyme
10-24-2013, 09:50 PM
So what exactly was the point of reaching 40 000 likes to unlock this?

UNLOCKED: IN‑GAME LOOT
In addition to The Black Island Pack, this here treasure is yours for the taking.
When you pre-order Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag from GameStop you'll receive the exclusive Pirate's Bounty Pack as well. Discover the location of The Pirate's Bounty in-game and you'll unlock these exclusive items: German Rapier Swords, Compass Relic and other valuable multiplayer items such as the Discoverer picture and title.

So for the likes crap you get something you would get anyway by pre-ordering the game at gamestop?
Anyway, i like that you have to discover the locations of these items in-game. instead of automatically unlocking them in the captain's quarters.

I think you missed three details. Detail 1: For purchasing at GameStop, you get the Black Island pack. Detail 2: They're shares, not likes. Detail 3: For the 40k shares, you get the Pirate's Bounty pack, in addition to the Black Island pack. (Hence them saying "additional in-game loot".)

deadeagleman
10-25-2013, 01:13 AM
i'm starting to think that this offer is for PlayStation 3 and 4 console, i dont know if it for xbox console , if it not for us xbox users, we wasted time and only helped the PlayStation users out.

Stealth Gamer92
10-25-2013, 02:49 AM
I may have just shared it on facebook. I know not how that site works but I hit share on the gamestopblackflag.com site. Or do I have to do more?

Landruner
10-25-2013, 03:37 PM
This type of marketing is Killing that AC franchise - I am telling you