PDA

View Full Version : AC4 combat question?

andreycvetov
09-19-2013, 06:19 PM
I'm a little worried about ac4 bf's combat for a couple of reasons.First i'm hoping that the A.I wont be ******ed and make me feel as i really am fighting someone.Second,this dual sword thing seems super buggy and somehow unpolished.I mean it looks super strange and for now,from what i've seen its 100%identical to the ac3 one,which i think works only with the tomahawk.Then there are the sword animations.Half of them don't seem unique,and the other are tomahawk recycled ones (already made a thread about that one but still).Last but not least when they announced it i heard that the game will have some sort of enviromental kills/combos/animations.I hope that they arent talking about that **** where the main hero (when close to a wall)force kicks the enemy into the wall and he just dies or that kill animations that happend twice or thrice in the main ac3 game(in the tavern with haytham and where you kill him.Is there someone outthere who can put out my flames of worries or give any new info or are my doubts gonna be the thing?Please answer.Thanks!

adventurewomen
09-19-2013, 06:42 PM
Don't worry the combat will be fine, just look forward to playing AC4! :)

LoyalACFan
09-19-2013, 09:06 PM
Well there are going to be fights in taverns now, so I would imagine we'd be seeing more of the environmental kills even if it's just a direct copy from AC3's. Expect bottle and chair kills.

Gi1t
09-19-2013, 09:45 PM
I'm a little worried about ac4 bf's combat for a couple of reasons.First i'm hoping that the A.I wont be ******ed and make me feel as i really am fighting someone.Second,this dual sword thing seems super buggy and somehow unpolished.I mean it looks super strange and for now,from what i've seen its 100%identical to the ac3 one,which i think works only with the tomahawk.Then there are the sword animations.Half of them don't seem unique,and the other are tomahawk recycled ones (already made a thread about that one but still).Last but not least when they announced it i heard that the game will have some sort of enviromental kills/combos/animations.I hope that they arent talking about that **** where the main hero (when close to a wall)force kicks the enemy into the wall and he just dies or that kill animations that happend twice or thrice in the main ac3 game(in the tavern with haytham and where you kill him.Is there someone outthere who can put out my flames of worries or give any new info or are my doubts gonna be the thing?Please answer.Thanks!

Well, I have to admit, I've kind of seen the same issues. Still, it's a demo version. Some critical transition animations may not even be in there yet. And if anything AC seems to work on its kill animations, so those environmental ones ought to be pretty good. Remember, this is the company that made Prince of Persia.

...have to admit I'm not expecting much from the AI though. XD

ACLexter
09-20-2013, 10:44 AM
What thing I like about assassin's creed games is every title, from 1 to 3, they combat system improves. so I'm expecting AC4 will be more advance combat system than AC3,