PDA

View Full Version : Diving in AC4

k4Anarky2011
09-19-2013, 01:36 AM
I know that we don't have much details yet, but if anyone can chase it down, I would really appreciate it because I wasn't able to. :p

I notice in the trailers that you don't have the option to freedive whenever you like in the water, and you need the diving bell to go deep. So is the explorable seafloor only limited to a certain areas, or can we just anchor the ship in the middle of the map, drop the diving bell, dive down and start exploring?

Assassin_M
09-19-2013, 01:38 AM
ISo is the explorable seafloor only limited to a certain areas
Yes

k4Anarky2011
09-19-2013, 01:40 AM
Yes

Ah no matter! :)... Thanks for clearing that up.

Nader-Abudiix
09-19-2013, 01:44 AM
but could we dive anytime we want in these areas ? or is it limited to only missions

poptartz20
09-19-2013, 01:57 AM
That's actually a good question. I think you might be able to dive in whenever you want after you purchase a diving bell.. It would have made sense. but M Is ALWAYS RIGHT.

:nonchalance:

Dutchman141
09-19-2013, 02:17 AM
I've heard in an interview or read it somewhere that there are fixed spots where you can dive to find treasure etc.
They did say that there are many of those spots though.

LoyalACFan
09-19-2013, 03:07 AM
That's actually a good question. I think you might be able to dive in whenever you want after you purchase a diving bell.. It would have made sense. but M Is ALWAYS RIGHT.

:nonchalance:

It actually does make sense to limit it to certain areas IMO. Let's be honest, 95% of the sea floor would be an empty sand pit. Only a handful of shipwrecks/reefs/caves/whatever would merit any exploration, so by restricting the underwater parts to those interesting areas, they can focus more on making them cool without having to render an entire empty sea floor.

ACLexter
09-19-2013, 08:29 AM
and it is not safe to swim in the ocean anywhere. sharks are watching you

pacmanate
09-19-2013, 12:29 PM
That's actually a good question. I think you might be able to dive in whenever you want after you purchase a diving bell..

Been said loads of times its in certain areas cause the map is too big.

Cornik22
09-19-2013, 03:28 PM
I can tell you that there will be around 8 of those underwater areas (from what I can see in the official maps)

plentybeef
09-19-2013, 08:38 PM
Yea, can you really imagine the bottom of the sea floor full of places to search. It would get boring and take too much time. Then kids will complain that the sea bed was too large. But I can see Ash looking at a large sandbox, trying to pick which spot to hide the best loot, exactly like a pirate.

Sushiglutton
09-19-2013, 08:47 PM
I'm not disapointed that there are fixed places for using the diving bell. I think that is much better, as some have said above, because it will mean more detailed underwater areas.

However I am a bit dispointed that we can't dive normally from the surface with the camera following under water (note this only requires a sea bed close to shore). I can see that it's hard, but I think it would have added a great deal and it's a feature I will miss. But I can respect that they made other priorities.