PDA

View Full Version : Do the devs read the forums?

RatonhnhakeFan
09-17-2013, 03:10 PM
As in the title :o If so, I would just like to let them know they did an amazing job creating Ratonhnhaké:ton, best Assassin ever <3 :3 :o

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5et0cunrR1r6hdfxo7_r1_500.gif

FR0ZENZiNE
09-17-2013, 03:13 PM
I think Darby reads the forums sometimes, but he answers on twitter.

Tully__
09-17-2013, 03:23 PM
Devs absolutely read the forums.

Even when they're at their busiest and don't have time, the Community Developer still reads the forums and passes on the accumulated and distilled community feedback to the main dev team, that's what he or she is there for.

adventurewomen
09-17-2013, 03:26 PM
I believe they do read these forums and I agree with you RatonhnhakéFAN!! :D

That gif is amazing! ♡

RatonhnhakeFan
09-17-2013, 03:31 PM
the Community Developer
And that would be? Sorry, I'm kinda confused since I'm seeing tons of moderators, forum managers and not sure who the main person is xP

Also, do devs NOT read NeoGAF? :rolleyes: I don't want them to see all the Raton haters there :mad:

That gif is amazing! ♡Well, everything that involves Ratonhnhaké:dayum is amazing :o

adventurewomen
09-17-2013, 03:33 PM
Well, everything that involves Ratonhnhaké:dayum is amazing :o
Agreed, I'll have to show you my paintings of Ratonhnhaké:ton. :)

RatonhnhakeFan
09-17-2013, 03:36 PM
Agreed, I'll have to show you my paintings of Ratonhnhaké:ton. :)
Digital or handpained? :O

adventurewomen
09-17-2013, 03:38 PM
Digital or handpained? :O
Digital! In Photoshop & Corel Painter! :D

I'll send you a PM because one of them is a work in progress. :)

dxsxhxcx
09-17-2013, 04:03 PM
And that would be? Sorry, I'm kinda confused since I'm seeing tons of moderators, forum managers and not sure who the main person is xP

it used to be Gabe Graziani (https://twitter.com/UbiGabe), but it's been some time since the last time I saw him here

RatonhnhakeFan
09-17-2013, 04:06 PM
it used to be Gabe Graziani (https://twitter.com/UbiGabe), but it's been some time since the last time I saw him here
Ahh see yes, but AC series is developed by 5 billion studios so I'm not sure if he's responsible for "community managing" AC fanbase on each AC game? Says on his profile that he's CM for Ubisoft Montreal

I-Like-Pie45
09-17-2013, 04:13 PM
I think Mr. Shade and Black Widow do all the passing along to actual developers work now

silvermercy
09-17-2013, 04:44 PM
I think they do but they must be really brave to come here. lol

Sushiglutton
09-17-2013, 05:28 PM
Pretty sure they do so they can troll me by doing the opposite of why I want :mad:!

Have no idea tbh. If I was a dev I probably wouldn't be able to take it lol.

Toa TAK
09-17-2013, 05:49 PM
I think they do but they must be really brave to come here. lol

Here? Nah, Tumblr thread? Oh yes. :p

silvermercy
09-17-2013, 06:48 PM
I think it's the opposite since it's maybe the only consistently positive thread! lol

Mr_Shade
09-17-2013, 07:05 PM

Also, do devs NOT read NeoGAF? :rolleyes: I don't want them to see all the Raton haters there :mad:

Well, everything that involves Ratonhnhaké:dayum is amazing :o

You're kidding right?

You have been about long enough to know really.. shame on you :P

Community Developer = Gabriel [Ubi_Gabe] Graziani - who has done MANY videos promoting the series over the many years he has worked on it - he also posts here, when time allows [normally when the game releases - or - he has some news - unless we beat him to it ;) ]

The Com Dev - is the Developer teams 'public' face - so he takes the lead on everything which is to do with the community - forums / youtube / blogs / news articles etc - so he and the others working on the team under that job role - are the ones you will see the most.

The team as a whole, are well aware of what happens on the forums - either directly by reading it, or in the regular reports I and the other FM's make - they normally relay things through one of the FM's due to us being the 'front line' - being on the forums day in, they let us deliver the news most of the time, since we are familiar with the communities as a whole.

Reports - come from all sides of the community - neogaf inc ;) - so everyone's thoughts are passed on - and the team also read almost every forum you can think of.

The actual developer team - do not post directly, since they are normally very busy and they prefer for either the Community Developer - or Forum Managers to do it, since as I said, we know the community ;)

Also when they have posted in the past - it's been a bit of a train wreck, with some people abusing them etc - and tbh - they do not get paid to get that kind of abuse, where as I do ;)

So, long answer short - yes they read the forums - BUT - Either myself, Black_Widow or Gabe, will be the 'main' people posting ;) .. lol

adventurewomen
09-17-2013, 07:11 PM
^ Thank you for the information Mr. Shade!

I have a quick question, Mr.Shade do the devs know of fans concerns for a Connor Sequel? Because a second game is in demand from the recent polls we have had on the forums prove there is a demand for a sequel for Connor.

Mr_Shade
09-17-2013, 07:15 PM

I have a quick question, Mr.Shade do the devs know of fans concerns for a Connor Sequel? Because a second game is in demand from the recent polls we have had on the forums prove there is a demand for a sequel for Connor.
is the sky blue?

TBH - any main concern / question / feature - will have been reported many times - so they are aware - however - this does not mean there are any plans - since we do not comment on things, which are rumour etc - due to certain parts of the community assuming things..

Also - Polls - while good for the community - are something that can be swayed - we have seen people making fake accounts to vote before - so it's more unique comments and posts - or - ongoing threads, which are used to judge community feelings... ;)

We don't just see a poll and go 'they want this' - we and the team - look much deeper than that ;)

silvermercy
09-17-2013, 07:16 PM
@ Alex: I'm sure they do since I remember people sending them a gazillion tweets and letters about a sequel some time in the past.

they do not get paid to get that kind of abuse, where as I do;)
LMAO!!

SixKeys
09-17-2013, 07:21 PM
The actual developer team - do not post directly, since they are normally very busy and they prefer for either the Community Developer - or Forum Managers to do it, since as I said, we know the community ;)

Also when they have posted in the past - it's been a bit of a train wreck, with some people abusing them etc - and tbh - they do not get paid to get that kind of abuse, where as I do ;)

That's a real shame. Even though players may not always agree with all the devs' choices, they don't deserve any kind of abuse.

It would be interesting if we could ever have an AMA with some devs here on the forums (moderated, of course), but in general I prefer the devs spend their time developing the games rather than be at the beck and call of fans 24/7. Ashraf and Darby have been exceptionally accomodating during the development of AC4. Regardless of how the game turns out, I hope they know that most of us really appreciate them taking the time to answer our questions. :)

STDlyMcStudpants
09-17-2013, 07:26 PM
No. They hate us.

Mr_Shade
09-17-2013, 07:29 PM
LMAO!!
Indeed ;)

Been here since 2009 - and loved every minute ;)

Black_Widow has been here even longer - and tbh I'm sure she feels the same..

We do both have a cry together in a dark room from time to time though.. LOL

No. They hate us.
Not everyone...

That's a real shame. Even though players may not always agree with all the devs' choices, they don't deserve any kind of abuse.

It would be interesting if we could ever have an AMA with some devs here on the forums (moderated, of course), but in general I prefer the devs spend their time developing the games rather than be at the beck and call of fans 24/7. Ashraf and Darby have been exceptionally accomodating during the development of AC4. Regardless of how the game turns out, I hope they know that most of us really appreciate them taking the time to answer our questions. :)
Gabe did a few live Q&A's when E3 was on? - Did you miss those?

He was on a Google Hangout - answering questions from the community.. ;)

STDlyMcStudpants
09-17-2013, 07:29 PM

We are getting a Connor Sequel....
It's Called Assassin's Creed Genesis where we relive Both Connor and Edwards memories to search for a treasure that grandpa Edward couldnt find! :D

adventurewomen
09-17-2013, 07:31 PM
is the sky blue?

TBH - any main concern / question / feature - will have been reported many times - so they are aware - however - this does not mean there are any plans - since we do not comment on things, which are rumour etc - due to certain parts of the community assuming things..

Also - Polls - while good for the community - are something that can be swayed - we have seen people making fake accounts to vote before - so it's more unique comments and posts - or - ongoing threads, which are used to judge community feelings... ;)

We don't just see a poll and go 'they want this' - we and the team - look much deeper than that ;)
Lol of course!

I understand, and thanks! :)

Well atleast the devs take into account the fans thoughts and yeah they are not obliged to fulfil them.

I'm still going to hold my hope for a sequel, he deserves one!

@ Alex: I'm sure they do since I remember people sending them a gazillion tweets and letters about a sequel some time in the past.

Well they do know, it's just important. :)

UbiGabe
09-17-2013, 07:32 PM
http://www.memecreator.org/static/images/memes/1735454.jpg

And, yeah... Darby and several other devs read these forums, but we communicate through Shade and Widow because they're such total pros.

Mr_Shade
09-17-2013, 07:35 PM
^^^^ This ;)

SixKeys
09-17-2013, 07:36 PM
Gabe did a few live Q&A's when E3 was on? - Did you miss those?

He was on a Google Hangout - answering questions from the community.. ;)

I think I missed it, can't remember. Was it about AC4 or the games in general?

UbiGabe
09-17-2013, 07:41 PM
I think I missed it, can't remember. Was it about AC4 or the games in general?

It was AC4, but with some other info about Watch_Dogs and Splinter Cell because UbiNik and Z_Cooperstown were in the livestream too. Unfortunately, they didn't end up getting saved because of a bug... or maybe that was actually fortunate, lol!

You want us to do more of that stuff? We're getting ready for LAUNCH over here and we are thinking about doing more livestream videos once the game is actually out...

Mr_Shade
09-17-2013, 07:43 PM
You want us to do more of that stuff? We're getting ready for LAUNCH over here and we are thinking about doing more livestream videos once the game is actually out...

huhuh you said LAUNCH! [breaks into a cold sweat] ;)

tbh I can already guess the answer to the question ;)

adventurewomen
09-17-2013, 07:48 PM
I have a question what happened to the real life JackDaw after Comic Con? Will Ubisoft keep it a museum, for AC fans that would be amazing and if it could travel around the world that would be awesome!

UbiGabe
09-17-2013, 07:52 PM
I have a question what happened to the real life JackDaw after Comic Con? Will Ubisoft keep it a museum, for AC fans that would be amazing and if it could travel around the world that would be awesome!

That was actually The Star of India and it's a floating museum docked in San Diego:
http://www.sdmaritime.org/star-of-india/

You could actually go and visit it still... and, as reddit has informed us all, they are still using some of the historical information we posted alongside their displays!
http://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscreed/comments/1max7h/noticed_something_interesting_at_the_san_diego/

silvermercy
09-17-2013, 07:59 PM
Thanks for all the info!

I'm going to the Eurogamer Expo soon and I was wondering if we can expect anything 'new' there?? ^_^

ArabianFrost
09-17-2013, 07:59 PM
I love all of you. Every single one of you Ubisoft people.

Do PR managers like Chin go on here?

RatonhnhakeFan
09-17-2013, 08:00 PM
Community Developer

Community Developer - or Forum Managers

myself, Black_Widow or GabeAnd you wonder why I was confused? :p Plus I was gone from forums for 6 months :rolleyes:

ArabianFrost
09-17-2013, 08:00 PM
Thanks for all the info!

I'm going to the Eurogamer Expo soon and I was wondering if we can expect anything 'new' there?? ^_^

Sssshhhhhh stop asking questions.

This a thread for worship. Respect its holiness.

adventurewomen
09-17-2013, 08:01 PM
That was actually The Star of India and it's a floating museum docked in San Diego:
http://www.sdmaritime.org/star-of-india/

You could actually go and visit it still... and, as reddit has informed us all, they are still using some of the historical information we posted alongside their displays!
http://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscreed/comments/1max7h/noticed_something_interesting_at_the_san_diego/
Thanks for the information about the ship, I appreciate it! It's a beautiful ship! :)

I'll have to plan a visit, I'm out of America at the moment but as soon as I'm back I'll go see the ship! I was so disappointed that I missed going abroad the ship at Comic Con this year. It will be great to see the historical information they have kept alongside their display. :)

I'm going to the Eurogamer Expo in London this year, I wish The Star of India was there! :)

silvermercy
09-17-2013, 08:02 PM
Sssshhhhhh stop asking questions.

This a thread for worship. Respect its holiness.
Yer right!!!! *sprinkles self, computer and keyboard with holy water*

*catches fire*

ArabianFrost
09-17-2013, 08:04 PM
Yer right!!!! *sprinkles self, computer and keyboard with holy water*

*catches fire*

The Ubisoft Dev overlords accept your offering and bestow you with their blessings.

Messenger Ubigabe can confirm it. He can also pay for insurance.

Mr_Shade
09-17-2013, 08:15 PM
And you wonder why I was confused? :p Plus I was gone from forums for 6 months :rolleyes:
Well it's always been the same so no excuses.. BUT - gave you a reason to post the awesome gif ;)

Either Myself, Widow or Gabe = the main point of contact for you guys - and we will continue to be ;)

Those going to Eurogamer - will be able to get some Shadeylove - I'm there for the Thursday and Friday - with Ubi_Mush [the other UK FM you may have seen about] there for the Saturday and Sunday ;)

Kinda excited tbh..

SixKeys
09-17-2013, 08:18 PM
It was AC4, but with some other info about Watch_Dogs and Splinter Cell because UbiNik and Z_Cooperstown were in the livestream too. Unfortunately, they didn't end up getting saved because of a bug... or maybe that was actually fortunate, lol!

That would be great. I really liked the AMA from AC3 developers on Reddit sometime after the game came out, I felt they were pretty honest about the game's development (talking about things that got cut and why). I'd like more of that kind of stuff with other developers, where fans can ask questions that delve deeper into the game-making process like "Why did you change this feature?" or "What would you have liked to include if you had the time?" etc. Most of the pre-release marketing deals with questions that most of us who follow every bit of news already know. That's why post-release Q&A's tend to be more interesting. Fans have had time to play the game and can give feedback to the devs in real-time and devs won't have to worry about spoilers anymore.

silvermercy
09-17-2013, 08:20 PM
Those going to Eurogamer - will be able to get some Shadeylove - I'm there for the Thursday and Friday - with Ubi_Mush [the other UK FM you may have seen about] there for the Saturday and Sunday ;)

Kinda excited tbh..
*sniff* I'm only going on Sunday so far (maybe Saturday if I find last minute tickets).

Anyway, how will we recognise you???? Hmm... You could wear one red shock?? lol :p

RatonhnhakeFan
09-17-2013, 08:20 PM
Well it's always been the same so no excuses.. BUT - gave you a reason to post the awesome gif ;)You could finally admit I have the best gifs you all save in your gif folders :rolleyes:

Lul what? It's like the most positive place in the internet. Unless there're some smutty Ashraf/Darby slash fics, there's no reason not go there for devs :o

Anywayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy... This thread is for appreciation of AC3 team, especially Alex, Matt & Corey :o

Mr_Shade
09-17-2013, 08:24 PM
*sniff* I'm only going on Sunday so far (maybe Saturday if I find last minute tickets).

Anyway, how will we recognise you???? Hmm... You could wear one red shock?? lol :p

Just ask anyone in a Ubisoft staff t-shirt - they will point me out ;)

I 'maybe' sneaking about.. oooh

Shame I will miss you :( would have liked to see if you're as mad in real life ;)

pacmanate
09-17-2013, 08:29 PM
will be able to get some Shadeylove

Kinda excited tbh..

That does sound pretty... "Shadey"....

ArabianFrost
09-17-2013, 08:31 PM
You could finally admit I have the best gifs you all save in your gif folders :rolleyes:

Lul what? It's like the most positive place in the internet. Unless there're some smutty Ashraf/Darby slash fics, there's no reason not go there for devs :o

Anywayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy... This thread is for appreciation of AC3 team, especially Alex, Matt & Corey :o

Team Aahraf and Darby all the way sis.

adventurewomen
09-17-2013, 08:31 PM
I'm only going Eurogamer on Thursday!! I missed out getting tickets for other days, damn! :(

Well at least I'll be playing the AC4 demo there! Yay!! :D

Mr_Shade
09-17-2013, 08:33 PM
I'm only going Eurogamer on Thursday!! I missed out getting tickets for other days, damn! :(

Well at least I'll be playing the AC4 demo there! Yay!! :D
mahhaaa

I will have to keep an eye out then ;)

hmm AC4 demo Hmmmmm

silvermercy
09-17-2013, 08:35 PM
Shame I will miss you :( would have liked to see if you're as mad in real life ;)

http://a.deviantart.net/avatars/d/u/dummyscrollplz.gif?2

http://a.deviantart.net/avatars/0/u/0u0plz.png?1

ahahaha!!! My public persona is totally different from my internet one! LMAO!

Or maybe not... Can't promise!! :nonchalance:

adventurewomen
09-17-2013, 08:38 PM
mahhaaa

I will have to keep an eye out then ;)

hmm AC4 demo Hmmmmm
Yeah I let myself down I bought my ticket late! Damn, all my fault!

I'll be wearing a Connor T-shirt idk how many other AC fans will be so I might just disappear into the crowds of AC fans. Activating my blend mode!

Ohh that last sentance of yours makes me wonder will there be another AC demo like last year there were two! Or is there going to be other AC related stuff OMG if there is!! xD

RatonhnhakeFan
09-17-2013, 08:38 PM
ahahaha!!! My public persona is totally different from my internet one! LMAO!
Mine's not, I print out the gifs for RL use :D

Black_Widow9
09-17-2013, 09:06 PM
Black_Widow has been here even longer - and tbh I'm sure she feels the same..

Indeed. I love these maniacs. :D

At least we have each other. lol :p

RatonhnhakeFan
09-17-2013, 09:12 PM
At least we have each other. lol :phttp://i39.tinypic.com/29ut4y1.gif

Mr_Shade
09-17-2013, 09:13 PM
http://i39.tinypic.com/29ut4y1.gifif only you knew.. LOL

ze_topazio
09-17-2013, 09:14 PM
Please make more Ezio sequels and put chariot races in the next game.

ArabianFrost
09-17-2013, 09:19 PM
Indeed. I love these maniacs. :D

At least we have each other. lol :p

Maniacs?

I'm going to report you to the mods Lady.

RatonhnhakeFan
09-17-2013, 09:20 PM
Maniacs?

I'm calling Yves right now!

Speaking of which... Does Yves read the forums? xP

if only you knew.. LOL
Is it very shocking? http://i40.tinypic.com/2nao1fr.png

silvermercy
09-17-2013, 09:24 PM
Maniacs?

What if there are Mods for the actual Mods? And who moderates those Mods??? The Mods? Or the Mods Mods??? And then, who moderates the Mods Mods? Is it the Mods Mods Mods??

http://funnynamesblog.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/keanu-meme.jpg

ArabianFrost
09-17-2013, 09:29 PM
What if there are Mods for the actual Mods? And who moderates those Mods??? The Mods? Or the Mods Mods??? And then, who moderates the Mods Mods? Is it the Mods Mods Mods??

http://funnynamesblog.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/keanu-meme.jpg

Yves. It all ends and begins with him. He is the provider of life and the inhibitor thereof.

silvermercy
09-17-2013, 09:30 PM
Yves. It all ends and begins with him. He is the provider of life and the inhibitor thereof.
The Ubi-God!!

Mr_Shade
09-17-2013, 09:36 PM
What if there are Mods for the actual Mods?

There are, kinda..

That would be The Forum Managers..even though we constantly get called a Mod.. ;)

Have to say though - the Volunteer Moderators do a great job - and we don't very often have to Moderate them - only for fun lol ;)

ArabianFrost
09-17-2013, 09:37 PM
The Ubi-God!!

Praise the lord for he is kind and generous.

Give us the games.

silvermercy
09-17-2013, 09:47 PM
There are, kinda..

That would be The Forum Managers..even though we constantly get called a Mod.. ;)

Have to say though - the Volunteer Moderators do a great job - and we don't very often have to Moderate them - only for fun lol ;)
Make me a volunteer moderator! I will delete aaaall trolling threads I promise! (That err...means all threads except the tumblr one! And all the posts I don't agree with. :p )

RatonhnhakeFan
09-17-2013, 09:48 PM
That err...means all threads except the tumblr one! :pHell yes! >:}

silvermercy
09-17-2013, 09:49 PM
Hell yes! >:}
And all the anti-Connor ones! Mwahahaaaaa!

Mr_Shade
09-17-2013, 09:51 PM
And this is why I choose carefully...

adventurewomen
09-17-2013, 09:51 PM
And all the anti-Connor ones! Mwahahaaaaa!
Mwah!! I will love you forever! <3

ArabianFrost
09-17-2013, 09:53 PM
Quick, someone signal for I-Like-Pie. These forums.need more men. Where are the men?

silvermercy
09-17-2013, 09:53 PM
:(

My life is destroyed...

Mr_Shade
09-17-2013, 09:56 PM
:P

RatonhnhakeFan
09-17-2013, 09:57 PM
Quick, someone signal for I-Like-Pie. These forums.need more men. Where are the men?
Urmm I'm right here :rolleyes:

ArabianFrost
09-17-2013, 10:00 PM
Urmm I'm right here :rolleyes:

Get your female cooties away from me.

RatonhnhakeFan
09-17-2013, 10:02 PM
Get your female cooties away from me.

I'm confused xD

ArabianFrost
09-17-2013, 10:03 PM
I'm confused xD

You're a girl right?

RatonhnhakeFan
09-17-2013, 10:11 PM
You're a girl right?No :o

ArabianFrost
09-17-2013, 10:23 PM
Oh wow. You fingirl more than the entirety of tumblr combined, so I sort of thought you were a girl.

My apologies.

RatonhnhakeFan
09-17-2013, 10:28 PM
My apologies.It's ok xP

EchoFiveKilo
09-18-2013, 12:39 AM
Ratonhnhaké:ton is my favourite video game character. No one is as good a fighter as he is! One of the reasons I like him so much is that I can relate to him very well.

roostersrule2
09-18-2013, 12:42 AM
If you're reading this Mr/Mrs Devs I think you should make another Ezio trilogy.

ArabianFrost
09-18-2013, 12:44 AM
If you're reading this Mr/Mrs Devs I think you should make another Ezio trilogy.

Anthology*

roostersrule2
09-18-2013, 12:45 AM
Anthology*Agreed, why stop at 3, lets call it Ezio's Creed.

silvermercy
09-18-2013, 12:48 AM
Well ok. Now I want a swimming Altair. lol

adventurewomen
09-18-2013, 12:51 AM
Well ok. Now I want a swimming Altair.
HAHA! Yeah, because was Altair afraid or allergic to water he would die if he fell in! xD

I don't want an excuse of no water animations.. Tomb Raider allowed Lara Croft to swim for over 16 years from the first game! xD

ArabianFrost
09-18-2013, 12:56 AM
Agreed, why stop at 3, lets call it Ezio's Creed.

And why just renaissance Ezio? We want Batman Ezio, quirky, time-travelling Doctor Who Ezio and Mafia Ezio. Just blame it on the animus like we always do

roostersrule2
09-18-2013, 12:59 AM
And why just renaissance Ezio? We want Batman Ezio, quirky, time-travelling Doctor Who Ezio and Mafia Ezio. Just blame it on the animus like we always doThis, Batman Ezio is a must, Jedi Ezio, Steve Jobs Ezio, Grand Theft Ezio, iEzio, Denzel Ezioington.

Tully__
09-18-2013, 03:03 AM
Indeed. I've been a volunteer mod for about 10 years and in my experience the best "volunteer" mods are usually invited (read "conscripted") rather than actual volunteers....no-one in their right mind actually wants to ride herd on a community of passionate gamers with strong but conflicting views on what makes a good game or a good community member ;)

pirate1802
09-18-2013, 10:11 AM
Well ok. Now I want a swimming Altair.

Nice sig :O

silvermercy
09-18-2013, 10:38 AM
Nice sig :O
lol Thanks! I wanted a pink girly one for sooo long!! XD I'll be frequently rotating sigs from now on as I got addicted again to photoshop. haha! I can make you a pirate one if you want later. ^^ (see sig thread)

dxsxhxcx
09-18-2013, 11:58 AM
lol Thanks! I wanted a pink girly one for sooo long!! XD I'll be frequently rotating sigs from now on as I got addicted again to photoshop. haha! I can make you a pirate one if you want later. ^^ (see sig thread)

Edward looks a little like Jax (from Sons of Anarchy) on your sig... :p

silvermercy
09-18-2013, 12:05 PM
He does, doesn't he? I think I'll start watching the show now! lol

dxsxhxcx
09-18-2013, 12:20 PM
He does, doesn't he? I think I'll start watching the show now! lol

(IMO) is a good show.. :)

pacmanate
09-18-2013, 12:34 PM
No :o

You're a GUY?!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-3wBC3RS9BXk/T6VUfOr5whI/AAAAAAAABG8/EGULByvyshE/s1600/jumping-out-of-window.gif

silvermercy
09-18-2013, 12:35 PM
lol Why are so many people surprised? I knew this from the start! ^_^

pacmanate
09-18-2013, 12:36 PM
lol Why are so many people surprised? I knew this from the start! ^_^

Because he sounds like he really LOVES Connor. Hence why I thought he was a girl.

roostersrule2
09-18-2013, 12:41 PM
lol Why are so many people surprised? I knew this from the start! ^_^Indeed, I was surprised a year ago, but all this was known last year, unless he had a sex change? Now I'm sus on him/her.

ArabianFrost
09-18-2013, 12:53 PM
Because he sounds like he really LOVES Connor. Hence why I thought he was a girl.

The excessive use of "quirky" emoticons too. That's treading on girly.

SixKeys
09-18-2013, 01:11 PM
Since I don't fangirl over any of the characters or use excessive amounts of emoticons, what does that make me?

silvermercy
09-18-2013, 01:12 PM
Since I don't fangirl over any of the characters or use excessive amounts of emoticons, what does that make me?
A stereotypical male obviously. lol (na-uh... you iz not female... :p)

adventurewomen
09-18-2013, 01:16 PM
A stereotypical male obviously. lol
Exactly! :D

ArabianFrost
09-18-2013, 01:52 PM
A stereotypical male obviously. lol (na-uh... you iz not female... :p)

Exactly! :D

And that's nothing to be ashamed of.

Men rule...more so literally than this joke means :| Oh well, we'll reach gender equality eventually. Except emoticons. Girls can keep them.

I-Like-Pie45
09-18-2013, 03:03 PM
I demand pics of your mugs, sixkeys

Mugs, Mugs, Mugs. Mugs, Mugs. Mug-a-mug. Mug-a-mug. Mugs!

pirate1802
09-18-2013, 03:18 PM

I'll try to make a lara croft one, but if I fail catastrophically, I shall ask you :p

The excessive use of "quirky" emoticons too. That's treading on girly.

I Better watch my emoticons too, people may get the wrong ideas. :|

Asexual? :O

I honestly thought you were a male. ACForums: Revelations.

RatonhnhakeFan
09-18-2013, 03:38 PM
You're a GUY?!100%, including fully developed body hair, unlike other less manly guys

http://i44.tinypic.com/5bycqt.gif

unless he had a sex change?I would never lol

Mr_Shade
09-18-2013, 04:34 PM
lets get back on topic please..

I'm surprised some of you have had to ask about certain things - since it's been posted about before..

RatonhnhakeFan
09-18-2013, 04:36 PM
I'm surprised some of you have had to ask about certain things - since it's been posted about before..New generation has bad memory, too much games & TV shows we're keeping track of :rolleyes:

BTW, is Alex/Corey/Matt working on AC 2015 or different IP?

SixKeys
09-18-2013, 04:40 PM
New generation has bad memory, too much games & TV shows we're keeping track of :rolleyes:

BTW, is Alex/Corey/Matt working on AC 2015 or different IP?

Corey has a new job title, I don't think he's working on AC anymore.

RatonhnhakeFan
09-18-2013, 04:44 PM

Wat :nonchalance:

ArabianFrost
09-18-2013, 04:56 PM

He's now leading Ubisoft's narrative studio "Alice" which aims at creative narration or something.

http://www.polygon.com/features/2013/2/7/3960084/alice-ubisoft-storytelling-video-games-corey-may-assassins-creed-far-cry

RatonhnhakeFan
09-18-2013, 04:59 PM
He's now leading Ubisoft's narrative studio "Alice" which aims at creative narration or something.

http://www.polygon.com/features/2013/2/7/3960084/alice-ubisoft-storytelling-video-games-corey-may-assassins-creed-far-cryOhhh I... actually like the concept of his team. Well damn, consider me impressed Ubisoft. I just hope his team won't get dissolved within 2 years........

ArabianFrost
09-18-2013, 05:07 PM
Ohhh I... actually like the concept of his team. Well damn, consider me impressed Ubisoft. I just hope his team won't get dissolved within 2 years........

I hope this doesn't end up to be another blood point-and-click game. There are far more creative ways to implement an immersing narrative intuitively without taking way too much control from the players. Don't get me wrong, Heavy Rain, The walking dead and all the other games can have a strong impact, but at the end games=gameplay. Prioritising narrative over gameplay just feels wrong and deters from the experience of playing a game, but not that of a movie.

Mr_Shade
09-18-2013, 05:43 PM
And yet many, many people enjoy that type of game...

Time will tell ;)

Anything that drives the story content of any type of game - is good news for all ;)

adventurewomen
09-18-2013, 05:48 PM

Time will tell ;)

Anything that drives the story content of any type of game - is good news for all ;)
I wholeheartedly agree :)

The story of a game is the most important part of the game, it is what makes me decide if i like the game.

silvermercy
09-18-2013, 05:50 PM
I do enjoy it! For example, other than AC, Uncharted, Bioshock Infinite and TLOU are among my faves. I've heard some people say these games focus on narrative over gameplay. But I think they get the balance right. And that's why they're so successful. They focus on story narrative a lot. Without the story it would be just a dry game...

(Just like there are many people who hate stealth in a game. I was reading forums and was like "wat"? There are people who actually dislike/hate stealth? Yes, there are. lol)

Mr_Shade
09-18-2013, 06:01 PM
indeed..

This is also why I support unskipable cutscenes [on first play through]

Amazes me that people would even consider skipping a cutscene...

ArabianFrost
09-18-2013, 06:20 PM
I wholeheartedly agree :)

The story of a game is the most important part of the game, it is what makes me decide if i like the game.

I understand yoir personal preferences, but video games are first and foremost an interactive medium. Sure a few games here and there can pull it off, but the point-and-click genre would NOT survive being made copiously. I cannot imagine the video game industry being defined by the narrative. Darby said it himself, and he's the guy that cares the most about the narratives. Your gameplay needs to be your number one priority. These point-and-click games are good, but how many have replay value? How many epuld have you not sell it after your done? Most importantly, how many of these games would make a difference if played in person rather than just watching them on let's plays like the movies they are?

Say whatever you want about the narrative, but from a gameplay perspective, they really can't hold their ground and tread on extremes. See games like Journey and Brothers. They merged gameplay and narrative without treading on extremes. A seamless experience of narestive and gameplay. They didn't go the extreme of lacking cutscenes, or the other of making an entire game based on cutscenes. The narrative and gameplay are fused together in one single experience.

adventurewomen
09-18-2013, 06:47 PM
I understand yoir personal preferences, but video games are first and foremost an interactive medium. Sure a few games here and there can pull it off, but the point-and-click genre would NOT survive being made copiously. I cannot imagine the video game industry being defined by the narrative. Darby said it himself, and he's the guy that cares the most about the narratives. Your gameplay needs to be your number one priority. These point-and-click games are good, but how many have replay value? How many epuld have you not sell it after your done? Most importantly, how many of these games would make a difference if played in person rather than just watching them on let's plays like the movies they are?

Say whatever you want about the narrative, but from a gameplay perspective, they really can't hold their ground and tread on extremes. See games like Journey and Brothers. They merged gameplay and narrative without treading on extremes. A seamless experience of narestive and gameplay. They didn't go the extreme of lacking cutscenes, or the other of making an entire game based on cutscenes. The narrative and gameplay are fused together in one single experience.
Of course Games are an interactive medium, never have I disregarded that interactivity is important factor in games. I agree with what you have said. :)

ze_topazio
09-18-2013, 07:18 PM
When i started playing games the story consisted of 3 or 4 lines in the manual, and usually made no sense, was still awesome.

LoyalACFan
09-18-2013, 07:59 PM
Amazes me that people would even consider skipping a cutscene...

Me too... I don't think I've ever skipped one even on replay mode, except maybe a few in MGS replays since I didn't want to sit through a 40-minute cutscene again :p

pacmanate
09-18-2013, 08:56 PM
I thought Corey was doing the new Batman game?

LoyalACFan
09-18-2013, 09:23 PM

He is, but he's got to be finished with it by now. Probably has been for a pretty good while. I don't think it would interfere with his work on the next AC.

poptartz20
09-18-2013, 09:37 PM

Hahaha I thought the same thing!

I do enjoy it! For example, other than AC, Uncharted, Bioshock Infinite and TLOU are among my faves. I've heard some people say these games focus on narrative over gameplay. But I think they get the balance right. And that's why they're so successful. They focus on story narrative a lot. Without the story it would be just a dry game...

(Just like there are many people who hate stealth in a game. I was reading forums and was like "wat"? There are people who actually dislike/hate stealth? Yes, there are. lol)

I also agree with you on this statement! I think something that makes games great is a nice balance of the two worlds. Have you ever played Heavy Rain? Now that was a game that many liked (I was one of them) and a ton of others didn't. It was basically a narrative focused game with not much gameplay. Which was alright me for the simple fact that I knew that it was more about the story than the "game". Then on the other hand you have COD imo which is all gameplay. I think it honestly depends what kind of game people like as an individual and that people choose based obviously on there likes! There is something out there for everyone when it comes to gaming and that the beautiful thing about it all!

RatonhnhakeFan
09-19-2013, 12:45 AM

Huh? But that's Warner Bros? Or he wasn't on full contract with Ubi?

SixKeys
09-19-2013, 12:51 AM
Maybe he did the script for Batman while waiting for confirmation of his new job at Ubi or something.