PDA

View Full Version : This is ridiculous

neokinesis
09-16-2013, 04:16 AM
Since things are getting out of hand with this whole bundle and merchandise with DLC thing, I have started a GoogleDoc (which I will share for everyone to see) so that I can figure out how to get what I actually want went I purchase AC4.
View it Here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvbKSFLcPdS0dDJRV3ZSc25JRmwyUHYycG9TY05YV 1E&usp=sharing

I must admit, I am an avid Ubi fan and have been for a long time and stand opposed to the way the content is split up over so many real world purchasables. That said, I am a connoisseur of content. When I like a game, I want all of its content (be prepared, I am going to repeat myself) and I don't care how ludicrous it seems to pre-order a game 5 times just to get all the content (as I did with ALL the FarCry's), but really wish there was a way for someone like myself, in the United States to get everything I want, without all the additional cost. You might laugh that as a consumer I would so blatantly ask for this. But the transparency of the nickle and dime model makes me very, very angry. I understand why the model with incentives exist but still feel under-served because it is not aligned with my, and many others I play with, true needs. FarCry3 cost quite a bit because I wanted all the content, and although I am not as large a AC fan, I still want to experience most/all the content in the game.

This is a problem because I want to experience all the content in all the games I play, but as a grown man, I find no need for collectibles, toys, memorabilia, statues, cases, etc.. I ONLY want Game Content. I only want digital, experiences, usable and customizable, expandable content. I don't enjoy going to the store, or waiting in lines, and later stacking up statues, toys, and figures in a pile to gather dust while I play their associated game. I dump all that stuff into a box and send it to GoodWill/Salvation Army or give it to a local Garage Sale. It just doesn't interest me. I am not saving old boxes on a shelf of games I don't play anymore. I just want to buy the content, no shipping and handling, no leaving my house, no boxes, no going to to store, just download from Steam, Uplay, Sony, or Microsoft and have everything installed on my machine. Done!

Why is there not a Content Exclusive?

Also, with the new consoles coming out, I will likely miss out on my Pre-Order Content because I don't know which system the game will play better on. I understand it is in Ubisoft's best interest not to say the performance, sound, polycount, etc. is better on this or that. As a third party company, you want everyone to have a great experience. As a consumer, I want to enjoy the best graphics and sound, the smallest load times, the least amount of bugs, and all the games content. But when the dollar is in my hand and I need to make the decision about what to get, I need to step back because my options aren't clear. I have to ask myself if I should get a pre-order for a system I know nothing about, to later find that I liked the other system better.

Do I get the content on an older gen system and hope that the DLC carries over?

If I get a 360 version of the game will the content work on my XBO when I get that version also?

Will the McFarlane codes work on my 360 and my PS4?

Will the Uplay Ubi Exclusive - Black Chest Edition, work on my US machine?
At least then I can have all the DLC Content. I can have a friend send me the box if they order it for me in the UK.

I feel pressure about making the right choice because I don't need all these options with hidden compatibilities and mixed contents. I want a place that I go to see what I am buying so I can make the right choice for what I want. If I have committed to the purchase of your product don't turn me away by not offering me the right kind of clarity.

Brostok
09-16-2013, 07:52 AM
There will be a season pass with the DLC, just be patient and buy it and tada...

neokinesis
09-16-2013, 07:58 AM
Where has that been confirmed? I would like to add it to the GoogleDoc. Can you link me?

Aphex_Tim
09-16-2013, 08:55 AM
It hasn't been confirmed but it's highly likely, since AC3 had it as well and every AC game so far eventually had all it's DLC available at some point.

AherasSTRG
09-16-2013, 11:04 AM
Were has that been confirmed? I would like to add it to the GoogleDoc. Can you link me?
I belive all people here understand your frustration, but , do not worry. Buy the Special Edition (only 4 more bucks here in Europe) and then buy the Season Pass.

Mr_Shade
09-16-2013, 12:15 PM
Just to point out.

If it's not been an announced feature - which it hasn't - any content purchased on one format - may not be reusable on another.. so if you buy on Xbox 360 - and then buy the game on Xbox One, you will have to purchase the content again - as with any other title on the systems - only one or two games support this.

Microsoft or Sony have not announced that DLC is universally transferable, so you should consider that into your purchases.

Any codes offered by a 3rd party - should state the format of the offer - if not, contact them directly.

DLC codes and content - are normally locked to the region they are issued in - so we never advise buying a different region, since Ubisoft has no control over region locking imposed by a console store - if codes are important to you, they 'may' work - however depends on the title and format - however Support maybe able to confirm that for you.

AnthonyA85
09-16-2013, 05:30 PM
Were has that been confirmed? I would like to add it to the GoogleDoc. Can you link me?

There's currently a Season Pass available from Best Buy, but they're the only ones selling it at the moment.

Hopefully it'll appear on the ubishop soon. And if it doesn't, then each DLC pack will only be roughly about 5-7 USD

neokinesis
09-17-2013, 05:08 AM
Just to point out.

If it's not been an announced feature - which it hasn't - any content purchased on one format - may not be reusable on another.. so if you buy on Xbox 360 - and then buy the game on Xbox One, you will have to purchase the content again - as with any other title on the systems - only one or two games support this.

Microsoft or Sony have not announced that DLC is universally transferable, so you should consider that into your purchases.

Any codes offered by a 3rd party - should state the format of the offer - if not, contact them directly.

DLC codes and content - are normally locked to the region they are issued in - so we never advise buying a different region, since Ubisoft has no control over region locking imposed by a console store - if codes are important to you, they 'may' work - however depends on the title and format - however Support maybe able to confirm that for you.

Thank you Mr_Shade!

So should I get the PS4 or the XBO version? Ha haa, you don't have to answer that...

Also, if I was able to get a code, even if it was for the incorrect region, would Support be able to help me change it? I thought codes were issued by the 1st Parties, so I am guessing, probably not.

STDlyMcStudpants
09-17-2013, 05:21 AM
No downloads will carry over to next gen systems.
Meaning if you Buy DLC for PS3 version and then buy the PS4 Game you have to repurchase.
These are "technically" 2 different games.
I'm like 98% sure of this....

D.I.D.
09-17-2013, 10:01 PM
You bought five editions of games to get all the content? Then it's your fault that the next person had to face more of this! You can't register your unhappiness by spending more on a game title than I did on my graphics card. Protest by buying the basic edition only - no extra content. Wait for a GOTY to appear. If you really still want that stuff, wait for the GOTY edition to be cheap. Chances are, the extra content is stuff that's not great gameplay. You could watch it in 1080p on YouTube.

Sturnz0r
09-18-2013, 03:16 AM
just get it at gamestop; everyone has a little captain in them

Mr_Shade
09-18-2013, 06:14 PM
Thank you Mr_Shade!

So should I get the PS4 or the XBO version? Ha haa, you don't have to answer that...

Also, if I was able to get a code, even if it was for the incorrect region, would Support be able to help me change it? I thought codes were issued by the 1st Parties, so I am guessing, probably not.
Hi,

I'm getting the PS4 version - upto you! ;)

Codes are non transferable - they are issued for certain regions, so buyer beware.

Sushiglutton
09-18-2013, 08:20 PM
Best solution is to not get too obsessed with getting everything. The main game is what matters (and maybe the major DLC packs), rest is pretty much fluff.

STDlyMcStudpants
09-18-2013, 08:41 PM
You bought five editions of games to get all the content? Then it's your fault that the next person had to face more of this! You can't register your unhappiness by spending more on a game title than I did on my graphics card. Protest by buying the basic edition only - no extra content. Wait for a GOTY to appear. If you really still want that stuff, wait for the GOTY edition to be cheap. Chances are, the extra content is stuff that's not great gameplay. You could watch it in 1080p on YouTube.
With The Last of Us , Bioshock Infinite, Tomb Raider 2013, Watch_Dogs and GTA V existing, no one will give AC IV GOTY