PDA

View Full Version : LOD in Assassin's Creed 2

poi8756
09-15-2013, 02:35 PM
Hi,
I bought a copy of Assassin's Creed anthology in a local store. And I fully installed AC2 on my desktop. The problem is that graphics of the game is so poor that I can't ignore them while playing AC2. I know a ilttle bit about game graphics and if I can increase LOD in the game setting, I will be able to play the AC2 without being bothered by the game graphics. Any idea how you can help me? If you are going to give me some advanced technical support, don't hesitate to give them. Cause I'm a student majoring computer science & engineerings.
Thanks

spectatorx
09-15-2013, 05:46 PM
I think you notice there is something wrong with graphics in ac2 but you do not know what it is and you think it is about level of detail.

Level of detail overall in this game is impressive but the only real problem with graphics in this game is low draw distance what causes textures, shadows and even whole objects to pop-out in front of you just from nowhere. To test it face some building and watch its details when you are moving Ezio forward and back, details will be showing up and disappearing while you will be moving Ezio.

BlastThyName
09-15-2013, 07:34 PM
The LOD in the PC version is really terrible. Constant shadow flickering is bothersome too.

Definitely not the best of port.