PDA

View Full Version : Saddam Hussain - The perfect example of a Templar?

IceHot100
09-15-2013, 11:45 AM
So I was currently comparing real life dictators and ingame antagonists and their ideologies. If you closely look at the Templar rules and ideologies, they weren't any different from Saddam Hussain's.

Saddam did a great deal of good for his country and his people. Between 1980 and 1988, under his leadership, many new highways were built; the whole country had new clean water supplies. He encouraged women to stop wearing the traditional black outfit, guaranteed 10% of management jobs in government for women, provided child-minding facilities in all government offices to encourage women to go to work. He provided free health care for all, and free attendance at University - though if you earned a degree, you then had to work for the government for three years after that.

He liberalized the country and improved the quality of life for most citizens. But he certainly didn't handle the North(Kurdistani) issue well enough.

On the other side he was also a very ruthless leader. Hussain's regime killed, tortured, raped and terrorized the Iraqi people and its neighbors for over two decades. Hundreds of thousands of people died as a result of Saddam's actions.
Saddam had approximately 40 of his own relatives murdered.

Documented chemical attacks by the Iraqi regime caused some 30,000 Iraqi and Iranian deaths. In 1988 a chemical attack on the Kurdish village of Halabja killed approximately 5,000 people. In 1987-1988 the Iraqi regime used chemical agents in attacks against at least 40 Kurdish villages. In 1991 there was a bloody suppression of Kurdish and Shi'a uprisings in northern and southern Iraq killing at least 30,000 to 60,000. At least 2,000 Kurdish villages were destroyed during the campaign of terror.

Conclusively, he maintained peace and good order by brutally murdering anyone who caused trouble.

Now isn't that the goal of Templars? Order and peace at any cost.

Sorry for any unintentional mistakes. English is not my first language.

pirate1802
09-15-2013, 12:05 PM
I don't know much about the topic so it wouldn't be fair to comment but...

If he really did plenty of good work under his authoritarian regime then yes, he might be considered a "good" Templar.

roostersrule2
09-15-2013, 12:16 PM
"Good" Templars are overrated, the best villain ever is The Joker, we need a Joker Templar.

Someone who's just a crazy psychopath.

Hans684
09-15-2013, 12:19 PM
So I was currently comparing real life dictators and ingame antagonists and their ideologies. If you closely look at the Templar rules and ideologies, they weren't any different from Saddam Hussain's.

Saddam did a great deal of good for his country and his people. Between 1980 and 1988, under his leadership, many new highways were built; the whole country had new clean water supplies. He encouraged women to stop wearing the traditional black outfit, guaranteed 10% of management jobs in government for women, provided child-minding facilities in all government offices to encourage women to go to work. He provided free health care for all, and free attendance at University - though if you earned a degree, you then had to work for the government for three years after that.

He liberalized the country and improved the quality of life for most citizens. But he certainly didn't handle the North(Kurdistani) issue well enough.

On the other side he was also a very ruthless leader. Hussain's regime killed, tortured, raped and terrorized the Iraqi people and its neighbors for over two decades. Hundreds of thousands of people died as a result of Saddam's actions.
Saddam had approximately 40 of his own relatives murdered.

Documented chemical attacks by the Iraqi regime caused some 30,000 Iraqi and Iranian deaths. In 1988 a chemical attack on the Kurdish village of Halabja killed approximately 5,000 people. In 1987-1988 the Iraqi regime used chemical agents in attacks against at least 40 Kurdish villages. In 1991 there was a bloody suppression of Kurdish and Shi'a uprisings in northern and southern Iraq killing at least 30,000 to 60,000. At least 2,000 Kurdish villages were destroyed during the campaign of terror.

Conclusively, he maintained peace and good order by brutally murdering anyone who caused trouble.

Now isn't that the goal of Templars? Order and peace at any cost.

Sorry for any unintentional mistakes. English is not my first language.

Sounds like Edward Braddock.

ze_topazio
09-15-2013, 12:25 PM
Typical dictator, a guy fully convinced only he knows what is the best for the country, i guess most dictators were Templars.

LightRey
09-15-2013, 12:31 PM
Typical dictator, a guy fully convinced only he knows what is the best for the country, i guess most dictators were Templars.
Nah, probably the other way 'round.

adventurewomen
09-15-2013, 02:03 PM
You can say the same thing about Caligula, Attila the Hun, Hitler & Osama Bin Laden etc... They all exhibited "Templar control" or so they thought. All were tyrants.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXCGXhtgv-A

roostersrule2
09-15-2013, 02:14 PM
Caligula, my favourite person in history haha he was such an idiot.

pirate1802
09-15-2013, 02:29 PM
Caligula, my favourite person in history haha he was such an idiot.

Also that movie....

roostersrule2
09-15-2013, 02:34 PM
Also that movie....Never watched it.

TheHumanTowel
09-15-2013, 02:40 PM
You can say the same thing about Caligula, Attila the Hun, Hitler & Osama Bin Laden etc... They all exhibited "Templar control" or so they thought. All were tyrants.

Well in the context of the AC universe Osama Bin Laden doesn't really work as a Templar because America is controlled by the Templars. Only thing I could see is him possibly being a Templar puppet.

roostersrule2
09-15-2013, 02:46 PM
Well in the context of the AC universe Osama Bin Laden doesn't really work as a Templar because America is controlled by the Templars. Only thing I could see is him possibly being a Templar puppet.He could be a rogue Templar seeing as he was originally a CIA agent.

pirate1802
09-15-2013, 03:01 PM
Never watched it.

I feel sad for you.

roostersrule2
09-15-2013, 03:14 PM
I feel sad for you.Good, be in pity.

pirate1802
09-15-2013, 03:15 PM
Good, be in pity.

Nah, now I'm happy again.

roostersrule2
09-15-2013, 03:21 PM
Nah, now I'm happy again.I haven't watched POTC and LOTR either.

pirate1802
09-15-2013, 03:29 PM
I haven't watched POTC and LOTR either.

Me neither ^_^ lets both pity each other!

roostersrule2
09-15-2013, 03:30 PM
And why should I care?Because every time I say that someone gets angry, you ruined my streak man :(

avk111
09-15-2013, 03:35 PM
Well in regards to the main topic of OP,

I would say the whole Is he templar / assassin issue is very circumstantial , we cannot relate every poltician evil person as a templar, and we cannot portray every politician good person as an assassin, remember its the media control that judges who is good or bad , otherwise reality of things is its all shades of grey.

What is good for one man may be bad for another, and so on, not to mention however said that templars are murderers plotting world domination ? that's not how they work.

Ofcourse some major characters like A.Hitler have been mentioned to be mixing with templars, this is up the main source of this fiction universe, looking and Assassins Creed Wikipedia and what not.

So unless we can have facts its very hard to state who is who and on which side.

pirate1802
09-15-2013, 03:37 PM
Because every time I say that someone gets angry, you ruined my streak man :(

Steak Liara, its the steak.

Locopells
09-16-2013, 12:11 AM
In regards to the OP, before we get off topic, that's actually an interesting idea. Though you also have the Bin Laden problem of why America under the control of Bush Jr the Templar, is so keen to get rid of him...

SixKeys
09-16-2013, 12:22 AM
In regards to the OP, before we get off topic, that's actually an interesting idea. Though you also have the Bin Laden problem of why America under the control of Bush Jr the Templar, is so keen to get rid of him...

Did the games actually suggest Dubya was a Templar? I know it was implied that certain people working for him were, but I don't remember Bush Jr. being a Templar.

LightRey
09-16-2013, 12:24 AM
Did the games actually suggest Dubya was a Templar? I know it was implied that certain people working for him were, but I don't remember Bush Jr. being a Templar.
He wasn't. He was just a puppet.

SixKeys
09-16-2013, 12:26 AM

That's what I thought. Hitler too, as I recall.

LightRey
09-16-2013, 12:53 AM
That's what I thought. Hitler too, as I recall.
They're a little more vague about Hitler, but I'd agree he most likely was a puppet too, yes (though much more involved in the plans than Bush was). In fact, I'm almost positive almost all confirmed Templars except Robert, the Borgia family, and a few others were low-ranking members of the order at best. I think the actual order itself has mostly worked from behind the scenes, with the grand master being in (as far as we've seen) a more public position to recruit/control these people in powerful positions. Examples of the latter would be most of the Nine (save Robert of course), the De Pazzi and Barbarigo families (the members that were involved with the order at least), Uberto Alberti, etc. We know that most of these people were not born into the Templar order, but rather approached by the grand master at the time when they needed help. There are also examples such as William of Montferrat of whom (only) seemingly less important members of the order spoke with some measure of regret regarding allowing him into the order. This would explain how the order has always been able to bounce back so effectively.

Goxxi
09-16-2013, 04:00 AM
It's true that Al-Kaida is created by CIA and Bin Laden (who is dead since 2003. I think) was their man.
Also it's true that all Islamistic radical movements are created from the western intelligence services (mostly CIA), after the SSSR and Eastern block broke apart the US authorities could not to scare their own people with 'red devil" so they had found alternative solution and instead of communism they started to scare their people with militatnt Islamists and on that way to keep them in fear and to control their lifes just a more and more and also that movements will finish all dirty jobs for them in distant parts of the world (all 'revolutions' were planned like they did in Iraq, Lybia, Egypt, Tunisia, in 90's in Yugoslavia.......now they want to repeat the same in Syria, so the scenario is always the same)

Well the hitler was just a project , the hitler and nazi party were financied from many famous industrials of that time, including even the British royal family who belongs to Windsdors and who also has a german roots, also he was financied from many industrials from USA and the banker Prescot Bush (grandfather of George Bush Jr) was charged for transfering their money to Germany over his bank.
He also belonged to the "Skull & Bones" occult secret society, and they are carrying a roots from Bavarian Illuminats and hitler was a member of Bavarian Illuminati.

Also there are indications that hitler was a illegitimate son of Salomon Mayer Rotschild and we know who the Rotschilds are.

Of course offical history says that nazi regime gain such a popularity and took over the power couse of big crysis in Germany in that time , yes but who created that crysis , the same bankers and industrials who financied hitler and brought him on position of power , the same bankers who created the global recesion and crysis today (what we are listeting on TV about)

I mean and american mason Albert Pike was talking in his letter from the year of 1872. about 3 world wars and about the nazis and zionists and that was much before hitler and others.

So he definitely had not took a power spontanously and due to set of circumstances , couse in politics and history there are no such a things like spontaneity and coincidence.

LintonMildone
09-16-2013, 04:23 AM
Everyone, look at this! Read this! Read this and laugh your ***** off!

It's true that Al-Kaida is created by CIA and Bin Laden (who is dead since 2003. I think) was their man.
Also it's true that all Islamistic radical movements are created from the western intelligence services (mostly CIA), after the SSSR and Eastern block broke apart the US authorities could not to scare their own people with 'red devil" so they had found alternative solution and instead of communism they started to scare their people with militatnt Islamists and on that way to keep them in fear and to control their lifes just a more and more and also that movements will finish all dirty jobs for them in distant parts of the world (all 'revolutions' were planned like they did in Iraq, Lybia, Egypt, Tunisia, in 90's in Yugoslavia.......now they want to repeat the same in Syria, so the scenario is always the same)

Well the hitler was just a project , the hitler and nazi party were financied from many famous industrials of that time, including even the British royal family who belongs to Windsdors and who also has a german roots, also he was financied from many industrials from USA and the banker Prescot Bush (grandfather of George Bush Jr) was charged for transfering their money to Germany over his bank.
He also belonged to the "Skull & Bones" occult secret society, and they are carrying a roots from Bavarian Illuminats and hitler was a member of Bavarian Illuminati.

Also there are indications that hitler was a illegitimate son of Salomon Mayer Rotschild and we know who the Rotschilds are.

Of course offical history says that nazi regime gain such a popularity and took over the power couse of big crysis in Germany in that time , yes but who created that crysis , the same bankers and industrials who financied hitler and brought him on position of power , the same bankers who created the global recesion and crysis today (what we are listeting on TV about)

I mean and american mason Albert Pike was talking in his letter from the year of 1872. about 3 world wars and about the nazis and zionists and that was much before hitler and others.

So he definitely had not took a power spontanously and due to set of circumstances , couse in politics and history there are no such a things like spontaneity and coincidence.

Locopells
09-16-2013, 11:59 AM

Ah right - I just remember in The Fall comics, it all being in the run up to the rigged election where he got in, and the chief Assassin (I forget his exact title) talking about having to make it fair, with the implication being...well you get the point.

LightRey
09-16-2013, 12:15 PM
Ah right - I just remember in The Fall comics, it all being in the run up to the rigged election where he got in, and the chief Assassin (I forget his exact title) talking about having to make it fair, with the implication being...well you get the point.
It's explained quite clearly in the glyphs from AC2. :P

Mr_Shade
09-16-2013, 12:21 PM
just to remind people..

The games are a work of fiction - however some real world comparisons maybe drawn by people, however please refrain from political discussions which may escalate..

Locopells
09-16-2013, 01:59 PM
It's explained quite clearly in the glyphs from AC2. :P

Ah right - forgot that. Which one, remind me?

SlimeDynamiteD
09-16-2013, 02:14 PM
WELL You just dropped a 'Double-U-Tee-Ef'-bomb on me when I read the title.

LightRey
09-16-2013, 04:44 PM
Ah right - forgot that. Which one, remind me?
I can't remember exactly. It's been a while. :/