PDA

View Full Version : Assassin hood *SPOILERS*

ArticEag1e
09-14-2013, 09:53 PM
Hi, I was just wondering if Edward, the main character in the AC series can have his hood up or down according to the commands of the player.

dxsxhxcx
09-14-2013, 10:14 PM
we can't control the animation...

ladyleonhart
09-15-2013, 12:27 AM
Out of curiosity... What do you think a hood up and hood down command would add to the gameplay...? ;)

adventurewomen
09-15-2013, 01:34 AM
^ Co-signed w/ Lady.

Edward seems the type of Assassin to leave his hood up most of the time, he elbowed some guy in the trailer who tried to pull it down.

ladyleonhart
09-15-2013, 01:42 AM
Edward seems the type of Assassin to leave his hood up most of the time, he elbowed some guy in the trailer who tried to pull it down.

I actually think Edward looks so much better with his hood up. :D Then, if I had the choice, I would definitely leave it up.

SixKeys
09-15-2013, 01:53 AM
I'd like the option to choose, so I could make Edward take it off whenever he's just chilling, treasure-hunting and whatnot, and put the hood on when he's trailing someone or on a mission. Like he's a pretty relaxed guy until it's time to get down to business.

ladyleonhart
09-15-2013, 01:58 AM
I'd like the option to choose, so I could make Edward take it off whenever he's just chilling, treasure-hunting and whatnot, and put the hood on when he's trailing someone or on a mission. Like he's a pretty relaxed guy until it's time to get down to business.

That does seem a lot more realistic and would make a lot more sense. Then, I think I would rather prefer it to be like that too. It's just that I think Edward looks a bit strange with his hood down in some images I've seen, but maybe that's just me. :P Or perhaps, it's just the difference between his appearance in the rendered cut scenes compared to his appearance in the gameplay.

adventurewomen
09-15-2013, 02:10 AM
I actually think Edward looks so much better with his hood up. :D Then, if I had the choice, I would definitely leave it up.
Agreed, Edward looks better with his hood up that was the same with Ezio and Altair. However for Connor I preferred to see him with his hood down before he shaved his hair, after he did I preferred to see Connor with his hood up with the war paint. :)

Anyway he looks good with his hood up or down. ;)

RatonhnhakeFan
09-15-2013, 03:17 AM
Out of curiosity... What do you think a hood up and hood down command would add to the gameplay...? ;)

It would add to player agency. Some people prefer to see the faces/hair of their characters, some don't. Why not give both a choice?

Ureh
09-15-2013, 03:45 AM
Yeah for roleplay etc. Option should be there if not already.

poptartz20
09-15-2013, 05:06 AM
From what I've seen from the videos Edward seems a bit more liberal in taking his hood off and on. it seems he puts it one during missions and leaves it off for everything else. Then again, I'm not sure it's just what I've noticed from the videos we have seen!

RatonhnhakeFan
09-15-2013, 05:10 AM
From what I've seen from the videos Edward seems a bit more liberal in taking his hood off and on. it seems he puts it one during missions and leaves it off for everything else. Then again, I'm not sure it's just what I've noticed from the videos we have seen!
They should just implement hood toggle, seriously, there's like what 700 people working on the game?

LoyalACFan
09-15-2013, 06:27 AM
They should just implement hood toggle, seriously, there's like what 700 people working on the game?

Having a dedicated toggle button to use on the fly would probably be a bit difficult to implement, though I'm just guessing since I really have no experience with programming. Then again, he seems to do it automatically on the fly without a hitch, so who knows.

IMO the best option would be to just leave the hood context-sensitive like it already is, then have a cheat or Animus hack for Hood Permanently Up or Hood Permanently Down.

AdamPearce
09-15-2013, 05:20 PM
Not enough place on controller.

Damn you console players!

adventurewomen
09-15-2013, 05:25 PM

PC Gamers use Controllers for decades too! >__>

ladyleonhart
09-15-2013, 05:35 PM

Actually, I think the directional buttons (PS3) could be used for additional options, with one out of four of these being utilised for a hood up and hood down option. I'm not sure about the controllers for other consoles though. However, the fact is, regardless of controller limitations, technical constraints mean that it just isn't possible for Ubisoft to implement this at this time.

SixKeys
09-15-2013, 05:36 PM

The hood toggle could be moved to the right or left stick (press down). Can't remember which one has Eagle Vision, but the other one's still free.

Billiam301
09-15-2013, 10:53 PM
Do we actually need a 'center camera' button? (Right Stick) I have never even used it, I think a toggle hood button would be much better

dxsxhxcx
09-16-2013, 12:16 PM

maybe nothing (IMO they shouldn't even bother with the trouble of associate commands to this animation*, the option being available on the pause screen would be more than enough for me), but IMO it would certainly help with immersion, where the player could imagine he's blending with the crowd better by not being the only person on the street wearing a hood while he's out of action or when he's tailing someone on the street level...

if they want to add a gameplay element to it they could like make detection faster when you isn't wearing the hood, etc, but IMO this isn't necessary...

*maybe on PC since the keyboard would allow it but I doubt they would do it...

Mr_Shade
09-16-2013, 12:22 PM
oh joy.. hoods again..

SixKeys
09-16-2013, 12:44 PM
oh joy.. hoods again..

Tell the devs to release some news worth discussing and maybe we'll leave the hood alone. ;)

roostersrule2
09-16-2013, 12:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gfqFNWLwlk

dxsxhxcx
09-16-2013, 12:47 PM
Tell the devs to release some news worth discussing and maybe we'll leave the hood alone. ;)

yeah, "leak" more images of AC: Brahman.. :)

Mr_Shade
09-16-2013, 01:07 PM
well I guess the walkthroughs, next generation improvements and other stuff, is not really news then?

roostersrule2
09-16-2013, 01:08 PM
well I guess the walkthroughs, next generation improvements and other stuff, is not really news then?I liked that next gen vid, it has almost convinced me to get if for PS4 instead.

Mr_Shade
09-16-2013, 01:18 PM
Shame it's not 'news' to some then ;)

SixKeys
09-16-2013, 07:36 PM
I meant something new. It's been weeks since the last walkthrough. And I'm getting the game for PC, so next-gen improvements aren't a concern.

(I was mostly kidding, I don't really care about getting new information this close to release.)

odinj69
09-16-2013, 07:47 PM
Tbh the hood up and down would be a nice addition to the game even though it doesnt really make a difference lol. Would also be easy to add as they just need to make an animation for the change of hood up and down and script in the command which could just be a both analog stick being pressed in at the same time, done lol.

Sushiglutton
09-16-2013, 07:51 PM
In AC 5 we will be walking in a white room with ambient music, a hood-button and holsters.

Ubisoft: "We have really listened to fan feedback when designing this game"

poptartz20
09-16-2013, 07:54 PM
I liked that next gen vid, it has almost convinced me to get if for PS4 instead.

haha... xbox one for you then huh? your loss! :D

on another note!

I wish the hood subject people could just drop geez. It's actually a lot harder than it looks! also I've honestly enjoyed the videos that they have been putting out!

AherasSTRG
09-17-2013, 06:12 AM
Hood only in restricted areas like the other thread suggested is almost a deal breaker for me. The worst thing that I can deal with is a toggle button. Hopefully, they will either have something like that or patch the game, just like what they did with 3, when people furiously started complaining about the lack of hood after the end of the campaign.

Bastiaen
09-17-2013, 05:27 PM
It would be simple enough to assign a specific button press while holding another button... you know, like how high profile/ low profile work... For instance, while holding the weapon select button, press the Y button... really not that tough, plus it can be a lot quicker than putting it as a tool in the weapon cross.

rupok2
09-17-2013, 09:21 PM
To those who need it

Heres the source to the restricted zone hood only news

their pax prime panel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_yVETGOXpk

At time 27:40

Hans684
09-17-2013, 09:42 PM
To those who need it

Heres the source to the restricted zone hood only news

their pax prime panel:

At time 27:40

XD Haymich.

roostersrule2
09-17-2013, 11:51 PM
I think it shood be by button press.

ACLexter
09-18-2013, 08:41 AM
I actually like a concept when you have control of your hood to put on or not, especially when you're in a city.
let say, it is easy to raise your notoriety level when you attack guard when your hood is down, so always make sure to put on your hood when attacking guards or making any assassin moves.
Although I like Edward when his hood is down

AherasSTRG
09-18-2013, 10:21 AM
I can see that some people react positively or with moderation to the hood subject. However, in my opinion, it is completely irrational to have the hood up only in restricted areas. For example, running around in the city roofs without the hood... I don't know. Doesn't it seem wrong?
Or, when Edward has to take out a guy walking in the streets as a mission, does the mission have to take place in a restricted zone?
Isn't this restricting the mission design more than it restricts Edward?
Will all assassination contracts and assassination missions take place in restricted areas then?
Weren't they supposed to be more open and creative? Or will our lovely assassin start killing people with his hood down and then take selfies of him atop the dead body?
Or, when it is raining hard and a man has a hood, isn't it more logical to wear it?
If you think a bit more, I am pretty sure, you 'll be able to think of more activities for which the hood is a must, but they do not neccessarily take place in a restricted area.

Farlander1991
09-18-2013, 10:23 AM
Well, we do know that Edward has his hood up during assassination missions in the city, for example (i.e. outside of restricted areas). The hood is not JUST restricted areas.

pirate1802
09-18-2013, 03:20 PM
I think it shood be by button press.

Noe.

In the Havana demo, didn't Edward have his hood up while freerunning? Didn't know the whole city was a restricted area. :O

roostersrule2
09-18-2013, 03:56 PM
Noe.

In the Havana demo, didn't Edward have his hood up while freerunning? Didn't know the whole city was a restricted area. :OI'm actually ashamed of myself, it really was that bad.

ArticEag1e
09-19-2013, 01:32 AM
he looks like more of an assassin when his hood is up, when its down I think to myself o look a shady pirate with a look that says "i`m going to kill you and take your crap"

Assassin_M
09-19-2013, 01:42 AM
take your crap"
Why?

LoyalACFan
09-19-2013, 03:12 AM
he looks like more of an assassin when his hood is up, when its down I think to myself o look a shady pirate with a look that says "i`m going to kill you and take your crap"

But... he is a shady pirate who will kill you and take your crap :O

Megas_Doux
09-19-2013, 03:52 AM
It is odd, I have seen demos of Edward just freeroaming in La Habana with is hood on........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vvewk7eN4g

Like 1:05

Seeeee???? No "restricted area" warning, I do not get it.

thekyle0
09-19-2013, 04:30 AM
Honestly, I'd rather just have it on all the time. This topic is actually pretty important. We should really have more threads about this.

LoyalACFan
09-19-2013, 04:46 AM
It is odd, I have seen demos of Edward just freeroaming in La Habana with is hood on........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vvewk7eN4g

Like 1:05

Seeeee???? No "restricted area" warning, I do not get it.

Could be only for a mission/contract?

AherasSTRG
09-19-2013, 09:56 AM
What was Mr Ashraf actually thinking?

FROST1095
11-02-2013, 04:02 PM
I asked some of my friends who know the series of Assasin's Creed but they have never played, what were the distinctive elements of the assassins of the game: they told me all 5 between the first two elements, the hood of the assassins. It seems strange that the developers can not put a button to pull up the hood and lower it. After all, for 70 euro which cost the game, it seems right that if a lot of players wondering the same thing, our demands to be heard by the them! :mad::mad:

roostersrule2
11-02-2013, 04:05 PM
I still think there's no option because it's to do with the characters personality.

FROST1095
11-02-2013, 04:13 PM
Yes, but is the basis of a free roaming game you can customize your character and I sincerely doubt that a hood on the head goes to affect the personality of Edward :D

roostersrule2
11-02-2013, 04:18 PM
Yes, but is the basis of a free roaming game you can customize your character and I sincerely doubt that a hood on the head goes to affect the personality of Edward :DNo Edwards personality affects the hood, all the characters are different you see,'

AC1: The hood was always on, it suited Altair's arrogance and stoic personality.

AC2-ACR: Ezio was more relaxed and flamboyant then Altair so his hood was off more often, but only around his family or closest friends.

AC3: Connor had a personality closer to Altair but his hood was utilized more like Ezio's, actually he took it further then Ezio he did. He only did it around family and friends but with more LEEnience (hehe).

AC4: Edward does what he wants.

FROST1095
11-02-2013, 04:38 PM
Ok, but also Edward eventually matures and becomes very similar to his ancestors more stoic, as Altair, approaching the Brotherhood so do not seems to me a nonsense to give the option to put on and take off the hood least after you finish the story!

SamBushen24
11-02-2013, 05:32 PM
I'm waiting for the ps4 version so haven't played this game yet! (It's killing me). But in my honest opinion it's been something that I have wanted since playing AC. I want the ability to put my hood up and down when I want. In this game they have really enthanzised (if that's how you spell it) about player freedom and choice, like just the choice of free roaming around, or playing just the story missions or choosing to play stealthy or just gun hoe, so it does suprise me how they haven't given us the freedom to choose whether or not the hood goes up or down. I'm the sort of person to kind of almost role play whilst playing a game. For example, when I'll be sailing around enjoying the sea breeze, I'll have my hood down, but as soon as I saw an enemy ship and wanted to attack it, I would choose to put the hood up, then once all the business is done and dusted, I would remove it.

That's my choice, and for me, another way to immerse myself in this awesome world. But others would choose to have it down all the time, or up all the time, that is your choice, and you free will to do so. And that is why in my opinion they should think of a way of integrating it into the game via an patch update.

FROST1095
11-02-2013, 08:20 PM
Quote!

Kagurra
11-02-2013, 09:28 PM
Having a dedicated toggle button to use on the fly would probably be a bit difficult to implement, though I'm just guessing since I really have no experience with programming. Then again, he seems to do it automatically on the fly without a hitch, so who knows.

IMO the best option would be to just leave the hood context-sensitive like it already is, then have a cheat or Animus hack for Hood Permanently Up or Hood Permanently Down.

They should've had an option in the options menu for this since launch. Off, on, and dynamic. Dynamic being default. It seems so simple but I guess they just totally forgot what happened in AC3. Still holding out for next-gen, so I still haven't played it yet.

SamBushen24
11-02-2013, 10:30 PM
They should've had an option in the options menu for this since launch. Off, on, and dynamic. Dynamic being default. It seems so simple but I guess they just totally forgot what happened in AC3. Still holding out for next-gen, so I still haven't played it yet.

I'm with you, waiting for the 29th! Hopefully by then they may have listened to feedback on what people think and implement some changes....who knows?!!?

deadeagleman
11-02-2013, 10:46 PM
leave the hood alone please, i like the way the game uses it when not in mission and in mission, it makes me feel like an assassin, half of people already ruin ac 3 for me, i liked how Conner rocked the Mohawk with the hood down after beating the game, now i don't enjoy ac3 much since...I'm tired of people ruining a good game because they don't like the way things are....I'm sorry if i made any one unhappy but I'm hoping the game don't get changed .

Kagurra
11-02-2013, 11:03 PM
leave the hood alone please, i like the way the game uses it when not in mission and in mission, it makes me feel like an assassin, half of people already ruin ac 3 for me, i liked how Conner rocked the Mohawk with the hood down after beating the game, now i don't enjoy ac3 much since...I'm tired of people ruining a good game because they don't like the way things are....I'm sorry if i made any one unhappy but I'm hoping the game don't get changed .

How is what I suggested affecting you? I said there should be a setting for it in the options menu. On, off, and dynamic. Dynamic being what it's like now, and that would also be the default option. You could simple just play with that option, and people that have different preferences could play with what makes them get the most enjoyment out of the game.

Landruner
11-02-2013, 11:10 PM
You don't even have something as simple as a crouch button, so a switch for the hood on/off I think it is too much expectation:rolleyes: for an AC game lol!

Kagurra
11-02-2013, 11:31 PM
You don't even have something as simple as a crouch button, so a switch for the hood on/off I think it is too much expectation:rolleyes: for an AC game lol!

I really don't think so. Both models are in the game and Edward switches on and off by himself in-game, so it's really as close as it can be without actually giving everybody what they want. Crouching whenever you want really isn't necessary in AC imo. I love the confident, silent walk up to an enemy's back followed by an assassination with whatever weapon you have out.

Lonnie_Jackson
11-02-2013, 11:52 PM
Like kagurra said an options in settings would be ideal. Dont understand why this wasn't implemented from the start after AC 3.

FROST1095
11-03-2013, 12:33 AM
...I'm tired of people ruining a good game because they don't like the way things are....I'm sorry if i made any one unhappy but I'm hoping the game don't get changed .

But we're not asking to completely change a feature of the game that will make 50% of the players satisfied and orthers 50% dissatisfied. We are asking for a feature that will make everyone happy since it can play in the way which makes them easier to identify with their own alterego! :D

FROST1095
11-05-2013, 09:36 AM
Anyway does anyone know if Ubisoft or the developers have made ​​mention of the issue in some communicated or something like that?

E-Zekiel
11-05-2013, 09:59 AM
+1, would like an option to do this, but honestly it would need to be a pause menu option. I don't want any of the action buttons taken up by a hood up/down key. Although R1 + Triangle (or RB + Y) isn't currently taken up I don't think.

Even so, overall would have a better time for everyone I think if it were a pause menu option. Except maybe on PC, since PC gets 9001 buttons.

youknowwho77
11-05-2013, 12:03 PM
Or they could implement it in the weapon wheel, and there will be no need for a new button. It would be great if we chose when to put the hood up or down.

SamBushen24
11-05-2013, 12:17 PM
Or they could implement it in the weapon wheel, and there will be no need for a new button. It would be great if we chose when to put the hood up or down.

Yep I completely agree!! That's what I've been thinking.

adventurewomen
11-05-2013, 12:20 PM
It's the hood non-issue again.. :rolleyes:

DargonisDufaux
11-05-2013, 01:48 PM
alright ive said this once and im gonna say it again here too since this seems to be the official post for it. the hood doesnt make the assassin the robes dont even either if you follow along with the series the whole thing came about originally because assassins wanted to blend in and look like scholars, monks priests who wore similar garb in that time period, sure now ezio wore a robe, none of his other assassin friends wore garb similar to his, yet noone says any of this. connor lost the cape because it didnt fit his time period, heck even ezio went without a cape in later ac2 titles.

people need to not be so narrow minded about what an assassin is. its not the clothing, its not the hidden blade even its the ideology of the group that sets them apart.

sure hidden blades are iconic to the group in its arsenal as we have seen but lets be honest here. templars knowing all assassins wear hooded robes that are white, carry a wrist blade it would be pretty easy eventually to spot them out in the open while they move around the crowd so finding these assassins, finding the hideouts they make home would be simple and would come to pretty much conclude that the assassins would be thinned out quickly.

altiar even said i believe in one of the ac2 games in some of the documents found or cutscenes that times had changed and the assassins way of handling situations would need to be altered to remain hidden, poisons would now be used and other methods to handle a target and remain unknown to the assailant .

not everyone is going to share altairs or ezios toolkit, not ever assassin is going to be some white knight either, weve now come across a handful of assassin characters over different times each has there own reason for being in the fight against the templars and each thinks differently, each has his own culture and heritage as well that players seem to ignore because it doesnt fit into the concept of what they perceive an assassin to be , let me use connor as an example.

players in ac3 whined and complained on the forums about the ending and how it felt wrong that connor would keep his hood off after completing the game, that the changed to the players facial features didnt make sense to them. noone considered his indian heritage for a momment, what connor was even fighting for and why those changes took place, his facial features changed to symbolise that he was at war, the hood feature was simply because his work was done, he had no reason to hide anymore, he had the colony which he was openly known in, he in his mind had fought the evil that would kill off his people and take their home. thats the only reason he fought to begin with. his mothers death, his tribe thats why he took up the hood.

players didnt see this though they saw ezio in a different time zone and it all had to fit for them and his hood was altered for the community against some players oppinions to keep it as is because the wide margin of players complained.

now here we are again in another time period, this man joins the assassins on his own terms differently then the others, he wasnt born into it, it wasnt his families fight, he didnt have a dream he was in it for himself, he is a pirate after all. yeah a pirate, not an assassin.

so why would he keep his hood up all the time? so some masked man noone knows the name of can take all the credit for the pirating hes doing? so noone can know the name kenway? he wants to be known, he wants the attention when it serves him, sure he doesnt want to be known as an assassin openly either so he puts his hood up when it favors him. this of course as i said in my other post on the matter is my perception since i have not played the game as im waiting for my ps4.

the game has added some lovely flavor into the game simply because the character does put his hood up and down in different situations during the game which adds some uniqueness vs other ac titles. the only time we ever saw it previously was when connor was in his colony homestead.

dont petition this , dont complain for a change dont ruin the immersion for the other side of the community who doesnt want this change.

devs if your going to cave in at least give a hood up/down option cheat or something for people who want it one way 100% of the time.

dont ruin my game for me because you want to cave into people who think every assassin must:

have a hood up,
be dressed in white,
have throwing daggers
have pistols in the hidden blades
must be white knights

and if there is any suggestion that your going too please let me know before the 12th so i can cancel my pre order on this title. i refuse to put a dime into a companies pocket when they focus so much on changing something like this that shouldnt be fixed when there are game breaking bugs in this game, there are other issues that are much more serious in terms of what sound be "fixed"

SamBushen24
11-05-2013, 03:25 PM
I agree with what your saying completely ota***an. For example when I do get the game my Edward will be in black not in the usual white as I don't think the white suits the time period. However for me, from gameplay videos I've seen, the hood looks better up. I like to almost role play when I play games. For example, if I'm sailing around minding my own business, my hood will be down, however if I'm about to fight another ship I would put my hood up, not because I think that's what assassins should do, but because I think it looks bad ***, in almost like a dark side of the force kinda of way where the Sith Lords were noted for having black hoods.

Now what I don't want is just for Ubisoft to just put it up all the time, because again like you, I disagree with assassins all having to have there hood up all the time and I fully understand your ideology on that it's not a hood that makes an assassin, it's what he stands for. However like I said, I think it looks pretty badass, and in my opinion, that's is why I would like a CHOICE, in how my Edward will look.

FROST1095
11-05-2013, 04:25 PM
dont petition this , dont complain for a change dont ruin the immersion for the other side of the community who doesnt want this change.

devs if your going to cave in at least give a hood up/down option cheat or something for people who want it one way 100% of the time.

dont ruin my game for me because you want to cave into people who think every assassin must:

First not all we're asking ONLY because it makes us feel more like a assassin but because everyone can play it in the way that entertains him more.
As I tried to explain a few posts up to 'Deadeagleman', we are not asking to change the game in a way that makes happy only 50% of the players, but in a way that 100% of the players can do what wants.
You want the hood? You have the setting to keep it on.
You do not want the hood? You have the setting to keep it down.
You want the dynamic system already in use? You have the default setting that is already in the game, so everyone would be happy!

This is democracy, which is to find a solution through dialogue that can make everybody happy!
Isn't fair that a few decide for all, just because things are fine as they are for them

DargonisDufaux
11-05-2013, 04:34 PM
cant you just settle with the fact that this is the way they wanted it, its like barking at george lucas to change luke skywalkers lightsaber to blue because all other jedi have that color and its non canon. this is ubisofts story, this is the way they want it, why spoil it?

FROST1095
11-05-2013, 04:51 PM
Because first of all you do not pay 70 euro to see Star Wars and so it seems right that after paying the game so much, developers go meet the requests of our community as far as possible
In addition you watch a movie and ends, a video game is the interactive experience for excellence and then it should be even more customizable as possible.
In any case I rember you that we are asking for an addition to the game, not a complete change.
This is precisely the advantage of a video game on a movie!

DargonisDufaux
11-05-2013, 05:16 PM
i guess i can see your opinion then i mean im down for them adding an option for up or down , i dont want a solution akin to ac3 where we lost the original down design when the game finished. thats not what the rest of the community wants.

to be fair on your complaint on the 70 euros for a game that isnt how you like it because of that, there is video in this thread to confirm what im about to say and you may not like it but why pay 70 dollars to play a game with a hood up all the time when there is an interview from the producer saying that this was exactly how the hood mechanic would work in this game.

thats like asking for a cherry cola then asking them to make it vanilla, after you already knew it was cherry. sorry to put it into those terms but you are complaining about a feature which was explained prior to launch on how it would work. therefor it was your own decision to buy the game or not if it was such a huge deal breaker for you.

which is why exactly im posting on these forums to begin with, the concept of working in a fix like they did in ac3 (and because they did in ac3 im to believe they would again if enough complain here again) would be something that would disinterest me in this title. so im here getting information before said launch on my console of preference.

also something which may seem "simple" to you is probably alot of work for coding, they have to add in the UI coding alone just to give this option to players not to mention the entire change in the behavior of the coding for the rest of the game.

honestly what they should just do in future titles to please the playerbase would be something like many ask a toggle on or off feature that plays into the incognito characteristics of the game.

i remember in red dead redemption you have a wanted meter and you could go into shop and buy a bandana mask to wear while you did crimes to lower that. perhaps utilizing the hood to hide your identity in certain aspects to maneuver around patrols and guards would be plausable. currently though a toggle seems like it would be alot of work for free, maybe add dlc options for the costumes that just let players have a hood up 100% of the time. though im not a programmer. these just seem like they would be easier options.

FROST1095
11-05-2013, 06:36 PM
Oh I saw the video and it seemed like a great feature , but another thing is what one gets when you play in practice .
Anyway I ask you not to give what I said a improper meaning far from clear what I meant about the cost of the game . My sentence was referring to the fact that if we all pay a substantial cost for a product , as a user I would like that my requests , especially if identical to those of many other users should be taken into consideration . In any case, I think you understand that said that I have purchased the game ( which I find amazing in every case except for these small details) ONLY to go with the hood up all the time, it's pretty stupid

In my view it would therefore be appropriate to modify your example in "your friend who drinks a cherry cola (which you've never drank before) convinces you to get one. This was very good, but has an aftertaste some bitter. So what do you do? throw it in the trash?" If you have the opportunity to seek to address using alternative methods, in this case making them feel their own opinion on the forum.

Finally, I never said that my request was "simple" but for the precisely that it is a request can be accepted or not and It was born out of complete ignorance of what is practically "to develop a game"

DargonisDufaux
11-05-2013, 06:50 PM
but people dont buy books and ask to change chapters, people dont buy a dvd and ask producers to change scenes , maybe im being alittle to crass by commenting in the way that i have been , maybe my approach on the subject is not so eloquently put and im sorry about that. im just questioning why you think that because you or many of you bought the game that you really have a right to sit here and ask for changes to mechanics , there is no glitch, there is no exploit or bug its a graphic thing that would in turn mess with the visual aid of mechanics in the game.

people dont buy games to ask developers to change them to suit them, people pay for games they enjoy, simply put. i buy coca cola, im not going to write them and tell them how to design the label of the drink, the flavor of the soda. i know more weird analogies but whatever. in the end its upto ubisoft to decide if this is worth time. 8 pages in and 1 and a half is just me saying why i dont understand people's mentalities

as long as it doesnt change the current gameplay of the game, as long as i can have my hood work as it does now i could care if they give you all an option to toggle it, when they take away from what im paying for in design as the game shipped... for pure cosmetic then i will sit here and voice my side to the debate. and the only reason i do so with such interest now is because for me ac3 became unplayable after that patch, it took the immersion out of it for me and others too, ubisoft is going to go with the loudest voice on this if they chose to do anything, this time people who are fine with the way things are should voice their opinions because if we dont we will end up with another ac3 hotfix.

Scystab
11-05-2013, 06:57 PM
Does pehpas anyone know if the Mayan/Templar outfit is supposed to be withouth a hood, or is it a glitch?
Cause I read on a randome forum that while wearing those outfits, Eward puts his hood up, only there is no hood.

SamBushen24
11-05-2013, 07:03 PM
I agree with most people statements here, and yet at the same time I don't. For example when buying a book it's a story that has been written for you and that's the way it is. However, when the development team have constantly pushed that you have freedom to play the game how you want, then in my opinion we should be allowed to have our hood as we want! Not asking for them to make it permanent like they did in AC3, as in my opinion that was a mistake, just to be able to have the choice.

FROST1095
11-05-2013, 07:15 PM
And here we come back at the beginning of the discussion ........ -. - '
I think I have the right to sit down and ask for the simple fact that if I gave my trust as a buyer, paying the famous 70 euro. If I was the only one not appreciate this detail probably would not have even written the first post, but considering that so many players wondering the same thing then it is right that in any case the Ubisoft give a clear answer to ITS users: 'Yes, we will do this', 'Maybe we're considering to do this' or simply' no, we will not do this'.
In addition, a book or a movie, are finished works. The videogame are always changing!
In any case, I'm sorry that you have experience with AC 3 traumatized you :P but I remind you once again that the request, concerns a ADDITION to the game is not a COMPLETE change!

Toa TAK
11-05-2013, 07:48 PM
I'm actually pretty cool with how the hood works in ACIV. At least in this game he puts the damn thing up, unlike ACIII where once the main story is beaten he never puts it back up again, even during the pegleg missions.

An option of "on/off/default" would work for those who have an issue with it. But for me, it's good just the way it is. It's not so jarring as it was in ACIII.

daiedoolan
11-05-2013, 08:02 PM
Edward on my game usually has his hood down he only puts it up if he goes into a restricted area or if I have fast traveled. Also if you want him to have his hood up just jump onto your ship then jump back off he puts it down if it was up.

Terrence_Lee
11-06-2013, 02:18 PM
In the game, although in some situations that don't require to be stealthy (hood off), but this game is called Assassin's Creed,

and in my opinion, Assassin=hood on. I think most of us agree with that, but still can't hurt the chances of those who like hood off.

I suggest Ubisoft can consider this: put in the hood on/off mechanism in the next AC game. The control can be by pressing the Right Analog Stick.

I know it is used to centre the camera, so why not add 1 more feature to that?

And there should be mostly 2 situations in the game,

1. Player in mission or has to be stealthy, so the system automatically hood on during the missions

2. In our spare time, that is when the mechanism works, player can choose to be hood on/off by pressing Right Analog Stick (centre camera)

I mean come on Ubisoft, the hood on/off matter has been on since AC3. I think this suggestion can satisfy players.

I know ubi wanna make the game look more natural, sometime hood on, sometime hood off. But hood off most of the time just can't be called Assassin anymore.

Hood on is the signature of Assassin's Creed. For me, I rather keep the hood on at all time, like in Ac2, brotherhood and revelations, if can't introduce the hood on/off mechanism.

Please consider it in the next AC game

SamBushen24
11-06-2013, 02:46 PM
In my opinion, I really hope they don't wait until the next AC to bring this mechanic in. Now I have no idea, how hard it is to program something into a game. So I am not one of these people just saying why can't they just put it in. However, they have already done half of the work, Edward already has the action to put his hood up and down. So half of the problem has already been sorted. The only bit they would have to program, would be the bit that chooses when this action takes place, I.E which button they will use and other stuff. I hope it's something they consider looking into. This way, everyone will be happy, as you would have the freedom to choose.

SneakierNote
11-06-2013, 03:04 PM
I want his hood on at all times he looks cooler that way.

BATISTABUS
11-06-2013, 05:35 PM
I'm perfectly fine with the way the hood worked in this game. The times when it was up/down always seemed appropriate. I was never like "Damn, I wish he had his hood up right now".

Kagurra
11-06-2013, 08:32 PM
In my opinion, I really hope they don't wait until the next AC to bring this mechanic in. Now I have no idea, how hard it is to program something into a game. So I am not one of these people just saying why can't they just put it in. However, they have already done half of the work, Edward already has the action to put his hood up and down. So half of the problem has already been sorted. The only bit they would have to program, would be the bit that chooses when this action takes place, I.E which button they will use and other stuff. I hope it's something they consider looking into. This way, everyone will be happy, as you would have the freedom to choose.

They don't need to assign it to a button, just a selector in the options menu. Everybody's happy... except maybe the devs who obviously have some against this.

xx-pyro
11-06-2013, 09:38 PM
Oh it's this again... I didn't realize Assassin=hood.

Edward doesn't even join the Assassin's throughout the story so having his hood on all the time or most of the time doesn't even make since, he's in the Caribbean for christ's sake.

SamBushen24
11-06-2013, 10:12 PM
I'm not saying Assassin = hood what so ever. I fully understand that the hood suited the time period of AC more than any other Assassins creed game. And to be honest, they have stuck with the hood for in my opinion the younger generation. However, in my opinion, the hood looks badass. So if I had the option to put it up or down whenever at will, it's another tick in the box for me. What I don't want is for them to do the same thing they did to ACIII. Because, it will ruin it for those that enjoy the hood being down.

Kagurra
11-06-2013, 11:01 PM
Oh it's this again... I didn't realize Assassin=hood.

Edward doesn't even join the Assassin's throughout the story so having his hood on all the time or most of the time doesn't even make since, he's in the Caribbean for christ's sake.

I don't give a rat's *** about the story behind why he puts a piece of cloth on at certain times, I just enjoy the game tons more with a hood. Besides, this is the first time the hood hasn't been peaked and you can actually see Edward's modeled hair with it up. Soo... it's as good as it's ever been basically. Even times when he's not really usually using the hood, like when he's steering the ship. During assassination missions if you go on the ship he keeps it on, and it looks SOOO badass while he's steering. But nope, only while on a mission. And that's what's stupid.

Devs don't care or forgot about what happened in AC3, or whatever it is, and just didn't put the option in.

xx-pyro
11-06-2013, 11:17 PM
I don't give a rat's *** about the story behind why he puts a piece of cloth on at certain times, I just enjoy the game tons more with a hood. Besides, this is the first time the hood hasn't been peaked and you can actually see Edward's modeled hair with it up. Soo... it's as good as it's ever been basically. Even times when he's not really usually using the hood, like when he's steering the ship. During assassination missions if you go on the ship he keeps it on, and it looks SOOO badass while he's steering. But nope, only while on a mission. And that's what's stupid.

Devs don't care or forgot about what happened in AC3, or whatever it is, and just didn't put the option in.

Thank God they didn't cave into whiners like Bioware did with the ME3 ending debacle. It's their work of art and it's there for you to appreciate and critique, not for you to dictate what should and shouldn't be there. If the case is that the issue is so large that you don't want to play the game, then don't buy the game and they get the message that you want the hood on. Toggles aren't the solution to everything.

Kagurra
11-07-2013, 01:10 AM
Thank God they didn't cave into whiners like Bioware did with the ME3 ending debacle. It's their work of art and it's there for you to appreciate and critique, not for you to dictate what should and shouldn't be there. If the case is that the issue is so large that you don't want to play the game, then don't buy the game and they get the message that you want the hood on. Toggles aren't the solution to everything.

Eh... it's kinda the ultimate solution to this problem actually. And no, it's not to the point I won't buy the game, that's silly. This is just something I'm expressing on this forum (definition of forum is a public place to hold discussions).

Besides, it's not like I'm the only one who feels this way. People have preferences and just because you don't agree, trying to cast aside everybody's feelings one way or another by saying "oh it's another hood discussion" doesn't do anything and is kinda snobby.

I wonder why all the promotional material for any AC game ever, including this one specifically (because it's the discussion point this time around) has the protagonist wearing his hood. Hm...

xx-pyro
11-07-2013, 01:20 AM
Eh... it's kinda the ultimate solution to this problem actually. And no, it's not to the point I won't buy the game, that's silly. This is just something I'm expressing on this forum (definition of forum is a public place to hold discussions).

Besides, it's not like I'm the only one who feels this way. People have preferences and just because you don't agree, trying to cast aside everybody's feelings one way or another by saying "oh it's another hood discussion" doesn't do anything and is kinda snobby.

I wonder why all the promotional material for any AC game ever, including this one specifically (because it's the discussion point this time around) has the protagonist wearing his hood. Hm...

Because they can't hold lectures on Assassin's ideologies in a one to two minute trailer, so they show a snapshot of the hood to show to new players and players that don't attentively follow the progress of the game up until release that hey this is an Assassin's Creed game. The hood is not what makes the Assassin, and the hood has no context for being on for the majority of the game, especially considering his location.

And no, a toggle isn't a solution. I'd like a toggle to turn his flintlocks into a bazooka or (for a more realistic example) to turn his clothes white, because everyone knows all the "real" Assassins wore white robes (besides mentors, not that I'm being serious regardless). The fact of it is that a toggle adds literally nothing to the game, so Ubisoft has no real reason to implement one besides catering to whiny fans. It's the harsh reality of the situation, sorry.

MIA SILENT
11-07-2013, 01:52 AM
I think it would make perfect sense going forward that the Assassin not need always wear his hood. Even Altair saw the logic behind this. He said something along the lines of "not needing to always wear the iconic robes, so to be more sneaky and increase survivability". This would have applied to the hood moreso. It's a stand-out feature. I don't see any harm in being allowed to toggle it though.

Kagurra
11-07-2013, 01:57 AM
Because they can't hold lectures on Assassin's ideologies in a one to two minute trailer, so they show a snapshot of the hood to show to new players and players that don't attentively follow the progress of the game up until release that hey this is an Assassin's Creed game. The hood is not what makes the Assassin, and the hood has no context for being on for the majority of the game, especially considering his location.

And no, a toggle isn't a solution. I'd like a toggle to turn his flintlocks into a bazooka or (for a more realistic example) to turn his clothes white, because everyone knows all the "real" Assassins wore white robes (besides mentors, not that I'm being serious regardless). The fact of it is that a toggle adds literally nothing to the game, so Ubisoft has no real reason to implement one besides catering to whiny fans. It's the harsh reality of the situation, sorry.

What are you talking about? A simple option in the menu "On, off, dynamic" makes EVERYBODY happy. Dynamic for people that like it contextual, off for people that like to see the character all the time, and on for people that love the hood. Pretty simple...

Considering this is a third person game where people are looking at their character 99.9% of the time, cosmetic things are kinda important. That's why they have outfit color swaps, different outfits, etc.

Terrence_Lee
11-07-2013, 03:29 PM
Man, I totally agree. Actually, nowadays a lot of games are doing the same thing. Assassin's creed stands out mostly because of the look is cool.

If the hood is down, then it can be any other games, they all do very similar things nowadays.

Although I won't stop playing AC games because of the hood, but just add the hood on/down mechanism makes everybody happy. Why not?

They are suppose to listen to comments and try to satisfy as most customers as possible, in order to boost sales.

If that even too much work to do, I rather the character never pull off his hood for good, then save a lot of animating time.

SamBushen24
11-12-2013, 12:33 AM
Dam I do hope they implement this in some way, either via a toggle on the weapon selector or in the menu add the option ON/OFF/DYNAMIC. Would make a lot of people happy I think.

Kagurra
11-12-2013, 12:34 AM
Dam I do hope they implement this in some way, either via a toggle on the weapon selector or in the menu add the option ON/OFF/DYNAMIC. Would make a lot of people happy I think.

On, off, dynamic options would make literally everybody happy.

SamBushen24
11-12-2013, 12:50 AM
Agreed!! Toggle would be the icing on the cake for me!! Lol.

In Skyrim I had set a dark hood to one of my favourites that I used to put up and down all the time. I love hoods. Funny how I don't like wearing them in real life though! Lol

DargonisDufaux
11-12-2013, 01:22 AM
well if were going to do toggle hoods for whiny players who cant just enjoy a game how its designer intended id like to toggle my pistols so they can hold clips and i can just blast my way through enemies in the game, also can you let me turn my blow darts into a missle launcher?

Kagurra
11-12-2013, 01:37 AM
well if were going to do toggle hoods for whiny players who cant just enjoy a game how its designer intended id like to toggle my pistols so they can hold clips and i can just blast my way through enemies in the game, also can you let me turn my blow darts into a missle launcher?

Don't be stupid.

Aesthetics are important to people, ESPECIALLY in a third person game. There's no excuse why this hasn't been added considering they had knowledge of this problem back in AC3 and still chose to forget about it.

xx-pyro
11-12-2013, 01:40 AM
Don't be stupid.

Aesthetics are important to people, ESPECIALLY in a third person game. There's no excuse why this hasn't been added considering they had knowledge of this problem back in AC3 and still chose to forget about it.

I want a toggle to make my blow darts kill as oppose to cause guards to fall asleep, I want a toggle for x and y gameplay elements that are vastly important to my enjoyment of the game. Fact of it is, pandering to fans with toggles over non-issues isn't a good business practice. If it were actually a huge issue that the fanbase had a problem with that actually lowered people's enjoyment of the game (read: important gameplay elements not aesthetic issues) then yes I'd agree with you.

Kagurra
11-12-2013, 01:46 AM
I want a toggle to make my blow darts kill as oppose to cause guards to fall asleep, I want a toggle for x and y gameplay elements that are vastly important to my enjoyment of the game. Fact of it is, pandering to fans with toggles over non-issues isn't a good business practice. If it were actually a huge issue that the fanbase had a problem with that actually lowered people's enjoyment of the game (read: important gameplay elements not aesthetic issues) then yes I'd agree with you.

Or we can just compare apples to oranges over and over.

DargonisDufaux
11-12-2013, 02:30 AM
i really wasnt trying ot be stupid, your upset because you cant wear the hood you feel you should wear it and want to change coding in the game that could and would take time away from fixing bugs, adding DLC that the entire community would enjoy so you can...wear a hood like wearing it is going to make the game unplayable to you

so im simply stating hte stupidity of it in my own wish, you can ask for yours but mine is to hard to handle? im tired of reading this conversation, the only reason im even speaking so loudly to my side of it is because i dont want another ac3 hood fix for this game. i really dont understand what right you think you have to have any of these features or changes made to the game.

Kagurra
11-12-2013, 03:06 AM
i really wasnt trying ot be stupid, your upset because you cant wear the hood you feel you should wear it and want to change coding in the game that could and would take time away from fixing bugs, adding DLC that the entire community would enjoy so you can...wear a hood like wearing it is going to make the game unplayable to you

so im simply stating hte stupidity of it in my own wish, you can ask for yours but mine is to hard to handle? im tired of reading this conversation, the only reason im even speaking so loudly to my side of it is because i dont want another ac3 hood fix for this game. i really dont understand what right you think you have to have any of these features or changes made to the game.

There's always going to be bugs, this should've been in the game since the backlash in AC3.

Dragula
11-12-2013, 09:36 AM
11 pages of comments? really? about a hood.... should his hood also fall off if he runs too fast? if he is in the rain should he not put his hood up because it will feel icky because it will be all wet on his neck? i dont care about the hood... right now i wear the templar armour that has no good lol

SamBushen24
11-12-2013, 11:19 AM

We're not upset mate, just voicing what we would like. An no were not saying it's our right to be able to change, it's just another level of immersion for some players. How many members of this forum moaned for like 70 odd pages that their wasnt hoslters?! There's not rules on this forum saying we're only allowed to ask for certain things, and only certain people are allowed to ask it, pretty sure we have as much right to voice our opinion. And to be honest, you haven't read most of the comments here if you think we want an AC3 hood fix, because most of us believe that was a wrong idea for Ubisoft to do that. We're asking for the CHOICE, if it doesn't happen, then it doesn't happen and it doesn't mean I ain't going to play this game, it would just make a cool feature if we could do it.

DargonisDufaux
11-12-2013, 12:20 PM
We're not upset mate, just voicing what we would like. An no were not saying it's our right to be able to change, it's just another level of immersion for some players. How many members of this forum moaned for like 70 odd pages that their wasnt hoslters?! There's not rules on this forum saying we're only allowed to ask for certain things, and only certain people are allowed to ask it, pretty sure we have as much right to voice our opinion. And to be honest, you haven't read most of the comments here if you think we want an AC3 hood fix, because most of us believe that was a wrong idea for Ubisoft to do that. We're asking for the CHOICE, if it doesn't happen, then it doesn't happen and it doesn't mean I ain't going to play this game, it would just make a cool feature if we could do it.

but here is the difference.

holsters were brought to attention before release so people asked about them.

true that in an interview before launch he explained the hood BUT

it wasnt till after the game launched that people started to COMPLAIN about the hood.

if you want to ask for something fine ask for the next title to have hood options within the players control, this game has shipped and the mechanics are how the company intended them to work, even told you in an interview how they would work.

if you werent happy with the hood mechanic you had time to cancel your pre order or not buy the game if it was so important to you, YOUR choice as a consumer. now please let this die, shut up about it, let ubi put time into things that need to be fixed , hearing people constantly moan and complain about how they feel this and they feel that about what they think visually assassins creed represents is just tiring and frustrating. its been said time and again that this games character isnt even an assassin.

The Apache
11-13-2013, 09:22 PM
I don't see why it's so difficult to allow the players to be in control of this animation.

SamBushen24
11-13-2013, 10:06 PM
but here is the difference.

holsters were brought to attention before release so people asked about them.

true that in an interview before launch he explained the hood BUT

it wasnt till after the game launched that people started to COMPLAIN about the hood.

if you want to ask for something fine ask for the next title to have hood options within the players control, this game has shipped and the mechanics are how the company intended them to work, even told you in an interview how they would work.

if you werent happy with the hood mechanic you had time to cancel your pre order or not buy the game if it was so important to you, YOUR choice as a consumer. now please let this die, shut up about it, let ubi put time into things that need to be fixed , hearing people constantly moan and complain about how they feel this and they feel that about what they think visually assassins creed represents is just tiring and frustrating. its been said time and again that this games character isnt even an assassin.

Pretty sure this topic was brought up before the game released? And at the end of the day mate, there's no rules that says we can't discuss what we would like or what we wouldn't. If you don't like what I would like in this game then don't read this topic or my comments. And I'm not childish that in the sense that because this one little feature isn't in the game I'm going to cancel my preorder. I can still see this is a clearly amazing game, I'm just saying what would make it better for me, and some people here are agreeing with me! That doesn't mean ubisoft have to listen, and frankly, if they don't, then they don't, I ain't going to have a cry **** over it, and will still probably buy their upcoming titles.

I'm not constantly creating new topics for this issue mate, so if you don't like reading the comments, there's always plenty other forums or topics you could read.

xx-pyro
11-13-2013, 10:26 PM
I don't see why it's so difficult to allow the players to be in control of this animation.

I don't see why it's important in any way for the player to have control over this animation.

The Apache
11-13-2013, 10:36 PM
I don't see why it's important in any way for the player to have control over this animation.

Immersion, for one. Plus a pretty sizable demand for such a feature is more than enough to implement such an easy feature.

xx-pyro
11-13-2013, 10:40 PM
Immersion, for one. Plus a pretty sizable demand for such a feature is more than enough to implement such an easy feature.

Wearing a hood (let alone robes) in 30 C Caribbean weather while aboard your pirate ship on which everyone knows you you are is immersive? To each their own I suppose.

The Apache
11-13-2013, 11:02 PM
Wearing a hood (let alone robes) in 30 C Caribbean weather while aboard your pirate ship on which everyone knows you you are is immersive? To each their own I suppose.

I didn't say anything about that context. Of course while on the pirate ship you shouldn't have the hood on. I'm talking about normal gameplay. Your post was completely irrelevant to my point.

Kagurra
11-13-2013, 11:10 PM

What if it's raining...

The Apache
11-13-2013, 11:23 PM
I don't really get people's staunch objections to the inclusion of such a feature.

xx-pyro
11-13-2013, 11:31 PM
What if it's raining...

Alright you win :mad:

The Apache
11-13-2013, 11:34 PM
Alright you win :mad:

Ha. That's all it took?

Landruner
11-13-2013, 11:40 PM
I don't really get people's staunch objections to the inclusion of such a feature.

Don't worry about that....so your point is an option to add and remove the hood as you wish? Some people already suggested the "Hood option" over that thread and another one for the 2 past weeks. So, if it is your wish you are one more for that option.:o

MnemonicSyntax
11-14-2013, 12:11 AM

Honestly, I doubt it would be much to change for the coding. Use the do-while loop for the hood to be true while in a restricted area, but change the do-while to a "do", set to true on a button push, and false on a second button push. Or, a toggle in the settings, though that would get annoying for "immersive" purposes.
I can see this being a problem if the hood was always on and there was no sort of criteria for it to go up or down based on location (ie, do "this" while "here") but it's already in effect and it's fairly plausible to have the code transferred over.

Eh, I get the point. When I play these sort of games, I like to role play the character. That's why I love corner peering, and something I wish Ezio and Altair did. I also love the blending animations from 3, even if some of them don't really make sense, like the arm waving while talking while stalking one.

Agreed. I'm not a game programmer, but I am familiar with Visual Basic and Java (moreso the latter than the former) and I'm willing to bet this wouldn't be too big of a deal to implement. Maybe next game? Maybe a patch. I dunno.

Kagurra
11-14-2013, 12:18 AM
Honestly, I doubt it would be much to change for the coding. Use the do-while loop for the hood to be true while in a restricted area, but change the do-while to a "do", set to true on a button push, and false on a second button push. Or, a toggle in the settings, though that would get annoying for "immersive" purposes.

Options in the menu. Up, down, and dynamic for the people that want the "immersive" experience.

Agreed. I'm not a game programmer, but I am familiar with Visual Basic and Java (moreso the latter than the former) and I'm willing to bet this wouldn't be too big of a deal to implement. Maybe next game? Maybe a patch. I dunno.

As much as I would love a patch, a patch costs money to put out as far as I know and we all know what that means...

MnemonicSyntax
11-14-2013, 12:23 AM
Well patches are inevitable. Content generally doesn't matter in a patch. If AC4 was perfect and didn't need any "fixing", I could see this being avoided. But, there's already talk of fixing Salt Key Bank's assassination contract, so there's that.

And I get what you're talking about in the menu, but I would hate to pause my game to put the hood up and then pause it again to put it back down. That's the reason why the weapon "wheel" isn't the way it is anymore and is much more at the ready.

Kagurra
11-14-2013, 12:26 AM
Well patches are inevitable. Content generally doesn't matter in a patch. If AC4 was perfect and didn't need any "fixing", I could see this being avoided. But, there's already talk of fixing Salt Key Bank's assassination contract, so there's that.

And I get what you're talking about in the menu, but I would hate to pause my game to put the hood up and then pause it again to put it back down. That's the reason why the weapon "wheel" isn't the way it is anymore and is much more at the ready.

If you don't want to pause the game to take it on and off, you would use the "Dynamic" option, which would be on by default and is exactly how it works now.

Landruner
11-14-2013, 01:08 AM
If you don't to pause the game to take it on and off, you would use the "Dynamic" option, which would be on by default and is exactly how it works now.

Like I said on the other hood thread - they are too many request for Ubisoft to ignore it, I believe they can put an hood option directly in the in game cross menu as an additional piece of gear and the players that want to use it can directly select the hood for on/off as far as it happens for the darts, the pistol and the swords selection. I don't think it is a big deal to implant it either for a game update or for a DLC.

Kagurra
11-14-2013, 01:17 AM
Like I said on the other hood thread - they are too many request for Ubisoft to ignore it, I believe they can put an hood option directly in the in game cross menu as an additional piece of gear and the players that want to use it can directly select the hood for on/off as far as it happens for the darts, the pistol and the swords selection. I don't think it is a big deal to implant it either for a game update or for a DLC.

I'd pay a couple bucks for that if it was DLC, even though that's totally wrong and I shouldn't have to.

The Apache
11-14-2013, 04:26 AM
I'd pay a couple bucks for that if it was DLC, even though that's totally wrong and I shouldn't have to.

I know. People would be pretty pissed if they put it behind a pay wall. They would need to do it for free, definitely.

MnemonicSyntax
11-14-2013, 04:59 AM
If you don't want to pause the game to take it on and off, you would use the "Dynamic" option, which would be on by default and is exactly how it works now.

No, I'd want to take it off and on at will, with a button. I mean, I'm not complaining about how it is now. It makes sense. What I'm saying is, if I'm in the middle of a street and want to lift the hood and lower the hood and lift the hood and lower the hood repeatedly just for funsies, I should be able to, IF they're going to make it a function. If they don't make it a function, I won't complain much about it, and if it's a function with your menu suggestion, I'd just set it to dynamic.

If it's going to be a feature though, make it something that can be done without going to a menu for role play alone. Let me put on my hood, slide out my blade, go stab the guy, then take that "dancer" from his corpse and once away, let me lower my hood. Hide my face when doing something "bad" and then show my face so I don't look so shady to the people a block away who have no idea what's going on yet.

For role play purposes. I don't see this being an added feature for stealth or blending, etc.

Kagurra
11-14-2013, 05:17 AM
No, I'd want to take it off and on at will, with a button. I mean, I'm not complaining about how it is now. It makes sense. What I'm saying is, if I'm in the middle of a street and want to lift the hood and lower the hood and lift the hood and lower the hood repeatedly just for funsies, I should be able to, IF they're going to make it a function. If they don't make it a function, I won't complain much about it, and if it's a function with your menu suggestion, I'd just set it to dynamic.

If it's going to be a feature though, make it something that can be done without going to a menu for role play alone. Let me put on my hood, slide out my blade, go stab the guy, then take that "dancer" from his corpse and once away, let me lower my hood. Hide my face when doing something "bad" and then show my face so I don't look so shady to the people a block away who have no idea what's going on yet.

For role play purposes. I don't see this being an added feature for stealth or blending, etc.

While that sounds great, and I wouldn't complain if that actually happened, the reason I suggest a simple on, off, dymanic option in the menus is because that is 100x easier than reprogramming a useless button (center camera, push in on right stick I believe) to hood toggle in-game, and if Ubisoft sees this they'll think "Oh hey, that isn't that much work for our lazy asses, let's do that I guess if they really want it. Oh, there's another idea that maps it to an in-game button? **** that, too much work and money would go into that. Hell no."

They also wouldn't want to get rid of center camera for the few circumstances it actually has a use, and I bet people would end up toggling the hood by accident anyways.

Megas_Doux
11-14-2013, 06:08 AM
I undestand that a hood on/off button is hard to implemente due to the lack of space on consoles. But an option on the settings menu is very plausible to me, it could work like the pivots from AC III, on, off, normal mechanics.

Kagurra
11-14-2013, 06:09 AM
I undestand that a hood on/off button is hard to implemente due to the lack of space on consoles. But an option on the settings menu is very plausible to me,

Exactly.

Kagurra
11-14-2013, 09:44 AM
Anybody know of any glitches or something to keep your hood up all the time? Something like the armor removing stuff in Ezio games maybe...

I've read that fast traveling puts it up, but the second you step foot on your ship, something you're on ALOT of the time, it goes back down.