PDA

View Full Version : A few suggestions

stansdds
05-15-2004, 01:30 PM
After seeing the stills and the videos, I have just a few suggestions for visual improvements.

1) Less tire smoke upon touching down on the deck.

2) Less muzzle flash, but add puffs of smoke.

3) The F4U-1A through -4 and many -5 Corsairs did not have the reflector attached to the gunsight. The image should be projected onto the flat interior portion of the armored glass.

4) If you are modeling the -1C and later, the paint should be overall glossy dark sea blue.

5) If that is a -3 Hellcat, it should have a small window behind the canopy and a slight bulge on the engine cowling just ahead of the upper exhaust ports. If it is a -5, it should have an overall glossy dark sea blue paint, no bulge in the cowl and no window behind the canopy.

stansdds
05-15-2004, 01:30 PM
After seeing the stills and the videos, I have just a few suggestions for visual improvements.

1) Less tire smoke upon touching down on the deck.

2) Less muzzle flash, but add puffs of smoke.

3) The F4U-1A through -4 and many -5 Corsairs did not have the reflector attached to the gunsight. The image should be projected onto the flat interior portion of the armored glass.

4) If you are modeling the -1C and later, the paint should be overall glossy dark sea blue.

5) If that is a -3 Hellcat, it should have a small window behind the canopy and a slight bulge on the engine cowling just ahead of the upper exhaust ports. If it is a -5, it should have an overall glossy dark sea blue paint, no bulge in the cowl and no window behind the canopy.

VW-IceFire
05-15-2004, 10:12 PM
On item number three...thats really cool. Thats the second plane I know of that projected the reflection straight to the windscreen.

Anyone else know of other aircraft doing the same thing?

http://home.cogeco.ca/~cczerneda/sigs/tmv-sig1.jpg
RCAF 412 Falcon Squadron - "Swift to Avenge"