PDA

View Full Version : Equipment???

Lonnie_Jackson
09-13-2013, 07:49 AM
There are two videos of the same run, in one he has the blow pipe and in the other he does not. Has anyone else had luck on finding out if we can unequip weapons on Edward? Just curious.

Here are the two videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1fEdcZn400

Lonnie_Jackson
09-13-2013, 07:49 AM
Here is Ash's run

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHI2CwFQo7E&feature=share&list=TLEMIVM9c3u TXiuoCdkIqiMKQMLl9mL2L4

LoyalACFan
09-13-2013, 08:35 PM
I think it's probably just a setting they had it on for one of the demos. The one with the blowpipe was probably in a demo mode where all upgrades were unlocked so that they could be shown off, even if they weren't actually utilized in this particular video. Remember how they showed Ezio using bombs in the Masyaf sequence in ACR demos?

SixKeys
09-13-2013, 11:34 PM
I think it's probably just a setting they had it on for one of the demos. The one with the blowpipe was probably in a demo mode where all upgrades were unlocked so that they could be shown off, even if they weren't actually utilized in this particular video. Remember how they showed Ezio using bombs in the Masyaf sequence in ACR demos?

On a related note, I'm still sad bombs weren't actually usable in that part of the game in ACR. I know it wouldn't have made sense storywise, but it would have been much more fun to play that way. Every time I replay it, I can think of so many scenarios to troll the guards with bombs, but as it is, you're pretty much forced to play through it the same way every time.

Lonnie_Jackson
09-14-2013, 04:55 AM

I think you might be right. I should have figured this was the case after Brotherhood matching vambrace (early pics) and ACR Bombs as you mentioned. Anyway I hope one day in an AC game we are given the choice to equip/unequip what we would like once acquired as far as weapons /armor go. It just makes sense to play as the assassin as we see fit

Regardless I am looking forward to this game!

pyrotechnick777
09-14-2013, 05:07 AM
I was hoping that bomb-crafting made it back into AC4:BF but I guess that mechanic was unpopular.

pirate1802
09-14-2013, 05:35 AM
I was hoping that bomb-crafting made it back into AC4:BF but I guess that mechanic was unpopular.

I loved bomb crafting :|

LoyalACFan
09-14-2013, 06:38 AM
I loved bomb crafting :|

It was cool, but it was honestly too in-depth for its own good IMO. Only a handful of the touted "hundreds" of bomb types were actually useful. I mean, did anyone ever actually use a tripmine moneybomb, for example? Or a sticky cherrybomb? A lot of it was pretty superfluous.

That said, this thread's already careening off-course on the first page, perchance we should amend that

itsamea-mario
09-14-2013, 05:40 PM
Bum crafting.