PDA

View Full Version : Liberation HD guess the price

lothario-da-be
09-12-2013, 08:57 PM
Lets guess the price of this download hd remake. I guess 30 euros. What do you guys think?

pacmanate
09-12-2013, 09:00 PM

It only has 13 missions.

LoyalACFan
09-12-2013, 09:01 PM
$20 usd

ladyleonhart
09-12-2013, 09:04 PM
19.99 or 24.99.

Um... which consoles will it actually be downloadable for...?

lothario-da-be
09-12-2013, 09:04 PM

It only has 13 missions.
Only 13? I thought the game was around 6-8 hours, that sounds even less. Does Liberation actualy has side missions?

lothario-da-be
09-12-2013, 09:05 PM
19.99 or 24.99.

Um... which consoles will it actually be downloadable for...?
I think ps3, xbox360 and pc.

ladyleonhart
09-12-2013, 09:12 PM
I think ps3, xbox360 and pc.

Okay. Thanks. :) Lol, I need to start saying 'platforms' instead. :P

It's great that many more people will get the chance to play it though. :)

lothario-da-be
09-12-2013, 09:15 PM
Okay. Thanks. :) Lol, I need to start saying 'platforms' instead. :P

It's great that many more people will get the chance to play it though. :)
Yeah, i was kinda abandoning all hope to ever play it. The vita looked interesting. But for those few games i wanted to play it wasn't worth even half of the price. Did you play it?

Ureh
09-12-2013, 09:16 PM
Yea, 35 gbp sounds about right, should be more if they add lots of new stuff. Did they say if we get an extra stuff if we sync it with AC4?

pacmanate
09-12-2013, 09:18 PM
Yea, 35 gbp sounds about right, should be more if they add lots of new stuff. Did they say if we get an extra stuff if we sync it with AC4?

WHAT? That's the price of new full fledged games. 35 for a Vita game on PS3 does not sound reasonable at all. Especially because its short in length too. I dont want to spend 35 and be done in 3-4 hours.

ladyleonhart
09-12-2013, 09:20 PM
Yeah, i was kinda abandoning all hope to ever play it. The vita looked interesting. But for those few games i wanted to play it wasn't worth even half of the price. Did you play it?

Yes, I did, and it was actually the main reason why I bought a Vita. I've only had it just over 3 months though. Then, I was really hoping for some games that would make it even more worthwhile to me, but no luck yet. :(

However, Pac reminded me that when I eventually get a PS4, I'll be able to play ACIV remotely. :D Then that makes it seem a lot better anyway. :)

pacmanate
09-12-2013, 09:23 PM
Yes, I did, and it was actually the main reason why I bought a Vita. I've only had it just over 3 months though. Then, I was really hoping for some games that would make it even more worthwhile to me, but no luck yet. :(

However, Pac reminded me that when I eventually get a PS4, I'll be able to play ACIV remotely. :D Then that makes it seem a lot better anyway. :)

Yup Yup. A Vita for Remote Play is enough reason to get one if you travel a fair bit or have TV hogs in your house.

ladyleonhart
09-12-2013, 09:25 PM
Yup Yup. A Vita for Remote Play is enough reason to get one if you travel a fair bit or have TV hogs in your house.

Lol, well I do get told that I play too much sometimes. :p

That's usually only when I have a new game though. :) Then, I just have to keep playing. ;)

lothario-da-be
09-12-2013, 09:27 PM

Well then i would like to ask you some questions if you don't mind, how long is the game more or less? Does it have side missions? How is the combat compared too other ac games? And how is stealth? oh and how is the overall feel of the game?

Jexx21
09-12-2013, 09:33 PM

It only has 13 missions.

what are you smoking? They're adding 15 new missions alone, and the game had far far more than 13 missions on the vita.

Jexx21
09-12-2013, 09:38 PM
Well then i would like to ask you some questions if you don't mind, how long is the game more or less? Does it have side missions? How is the combat compared too other ac games? And how is stealth? oh and how is the overall feel of the game?

The game takes 15+ hours to complete, trust me. I've played the game before. It has side missions. combat sucks on vita compared to other games, but it should be vastly improved now. lacks the stalking bushes, leaning against a wall, and social stealth (pretty much there are no stealth mechanics in the game at all, this might be changed for ACLHD). Game feels like it has a weird pace.

lothario-da-be
09-12-2013, 09:41 PM
The game takes 15+ hours to complete, trust me. I've played the game before. It has side missions. combat sucks on vita compared to other games, but it should be vastly improved now. lacks the stalking bushes, leaning against a wall, and social stealth (pretty much there are no stealth mechanics in the game at all, this might be changed for ACLHD). Game feels like it has a weird pace.
okay thank you, it seems would have enjoyed it but not loved it. But this HD remake has potential.

Jexx21
09-12-2013, 09:42 PM
here's the missions in AC3 detailed:

http://www.ign.com/wikis/assassins-creed-3-liberation/Walkthrough

the game took me around 15 hours to complete it. they're advertising Liberation HD as 15-20 hours.

Jexx21
09-12-2013, 09:44 PM
btw I forgot that there is actually the leaning against the wall thing, but it lacks the whistle part, which is what I meant >.<

it still has the hiding places though. But it does lack the "blending" mechanic from AC3, it was replaced with small groups of working slaves that you can only join in the slave persona, so it felt more like the walking Monks from AC1.

pacmanate
09-12-2013, 09:49 PM
what are you smoking? They're adding 15 new missions alone, and the game had far far more than 13 missions on the vita.

weed. problem>? s

Jexx21
09-12-2013, 09:51 PM
I think the price will be $20-$40 USD.

I'm not exactly sure.

RatonhnhakeFan
09-12-2013, 10:16 PM
$20-$40. Definitely not more, it wouldn't sell for more and they know it

ladyleonhart
09-12-2013, 10:33 PM

I don't mind. :) Sorry for the delay though. Lol, I actually went to get my Vita because it's been a while since I played it. :p Then, of course, it took a bit of time for the post. Well, I hope it's useful.

For the Vita version then...

MISSIONS: (No. of missions calculated from the DNA tracker in 'ACIII: Liberation' for PS Vita)

There are 9 sequences in total:

Sequence 1: 9 missions.
Sequence 2: 7 missions.
Sequence 3: 7 missions.
Sequence 4: 6 missions.
Sequence 5: 5 missions.
Sequence 6: 1 mission.
Sequence 7: 3 missions.
Sequence 8: 2 missions.
Sequence 9: 3 mission
(43 missions / memories in total)

There are 4 side missions with the following no. of missions for each:

Side mission 1: 6 missions.
Side mission 2: 7 missions.
Side mission 3: 3 missions.
Side mission 4: 3 missions.
(19 in total)

There are optional objectives, regarding collectable items,

COMBAT:
Aveline fights like Connor, but has an alternative to the rope dart. Human shields were a bit tricky to implement on the Vita, but I think they'll probably implement similar mechanics as in ACIII. Then, it shouldn't be a problem at all. Aveline has three different personas, which limits what she can do in terms of combat and climbing, requiring you to decide which is the best one to use at a particular time. Of course, there are times when you're expected to use a set persona.

STEALTH:
Aveline has an extra option for implementing stealth through the use of a particular item, which can also be used whilst you're in a haystack. Well, you can probably guess what it is or have most likely heard about it, but I won't say just in case someone who reads this doesn't know or doesn't want to know. Of course, the personas also affect your notoriety. Then, I guess it easier to implement stealth in some respects. Blending with the environment is more realistic than in other AC games, but I think that is more to do with the fact she is not always dressed as an Assassin.

UNDERWATER:
There is a little part of the game where you are required to swim underwater. Then you have a breathing bar like in the original TR games.

PUZZLES:
I'm not sure how they will change these. For example, one required tilting the Vita.

MULTIPLAYER:
I found this boring and repetitive and it's only really useful to those who want the trophies. o_0 So, if you don't care about trophies, I'd say don't bother. -_-

Overall, I enjoyed it. There were some different elements, but I think all the essential AC elements were there. I was just unfortunate to get the glitch which corrupts your save file. >_< Then, I had to start again when I was two thirds of the way through. :( I guess the game was interesting enough that I didn't mind playing it from the beginning again. :) Also, the soundtrack was great and fit the game and atmosphere perfectly. :D

Well, I hope that gives you an idea. :) This is right to the best of my knowledge, but if anyone feels the need to add to this or correct it, please do. :)

Edit: I checked my save file and I spent about 20 hours, but I think some of it was spent messing with the multiplayer. So, I'd guess if you want to complete everything not including the multiplayer, maybe it would be something like 15 hours. Of course, it'll depend on your play-style too. It is relatively short if you just do the main missions only and ignore the side missions. Maybe 6 - 10 hours, although I couldn't really say for sure unless I played it again.

pacmanate
09-12-2013, 10:34 PM
Told you guys there were 13 missions

Shahkulu101
09-12-2013, 10:39 PM
Told you guys there were 13 missions

Silence Arun you heathen! You lied - betrayed our trust. Now you must die.

Requiescat in pace, Pacmanate.

pacmanate
09-12-2013, 10:39 PM
Silence Arun you heathen! You lied - betrayed our trust. Now you must die.

Requiescat in pace, Pacmanate.

I meant 9 sequences and 4 options. That = 13 :p

Shahkulu101
09-12-2013, 10:42 PM

Oh my God! 13. Thir...teen.

Aveline is Satan!

pacmanate
09-12-2013, 10:46 PM
Oh my God! 13. Thir...teen.

Aveline is Satan!

And tomorrow is Friday the 13th :O

Shahkulu101
09-12-2013, 10:48 PM
And tomorrow is Friday the 13th :O

Oh yeah lol. I probably should have remembered since my family has caged a goat for sacrifice at dawn tomorrow hehe. :p

Jexx21
09-13-2013, 12:14 AM
well, if that's the way you do it, Liberation HD would have 17 then. :P

poptartz20
09-13-2013, 02:06 AM
Umm... well since this game will no longer be "new" and since it's not a console game either I'm going to take a guess and say $15.99-25.99 usd of course.

DisbandedBox359
09-13-2013, 01:10 PM
If it's going to be 15-20 hours worth then I imagine it will be a full game price, 30-40

Mr_Shade
09-13-2013, 01:14 PM
who knows ;)

This is promising:

http://www.oxm.co.uk/62199/previews/assassins-creed-liberation-hd-hands-on-why-theres-life-after-assassins-creed-4/

lothario-da-be
09-14-2013, 09:36 PM
who knows ;)

This is promising:

http://www.oxm.co.uk/62199/previews/assassins-creed-liberation-hd-hands-on-why-theres-life-after-assassins-creed-4/
Makes me wonder why ubisoft Sofia is listed as working on ac4?

lothario-da-be
09-14-2013, 09:38 PM
I don't mind. :) Sorry for the delay though. Lol, I actually went to get my Vita because it's been a while since I played it. :p Then, of course, it took a bit of time for the post. Well, I hope it's useful.

For the Vita version then...

MISSIONS: (No. of missions calculated from the DNA tracker in 'ACIII: Liberation' for PS Vita)

There are 9 sequences in total:

Sequence 1: 9 missions.
Sequence 2: 7 missions.
Sequence 3: 7 missions.
Sequence 4: 6 missions.
Sequence 5: 5 missions.
Sequence 6: 1 mission.
Sequence 7: 3 missions.
Sequence 8: 2 missions.
Sequence 9: 3 mission
(43 missions / memories in total)

There are 4 side missions with the following no. of missions for each:

Side mission 1: 6 missions.
Side mission 2: 7 missions.
Side mission 3: 3 missions.
Side mission 4: 3 missions.
(19 in total)

There are optional objectives, regarding collectable items,

COMBAT:
Aveline fights like Connor, but has an alternative to the rope dart. Human shields were a bit tricky to implement on the Vita, but I think they'll probably implement similar mechanics as in ACIII. Then, it shouldn't be a problem at all. Aveline has three different personas, which limits what she can do in terms of combat and climbing, requiring you to decide which is the best one to use at a particular time. Of course, there are times when you're expected to use a set persona.

STEALTH:
Aveline has an extra option for implementing stealth through the use of a particular item, which can also be used whilst you're in a haystack. Well, you can probably guess what it is or have most likely heard about it, but I won't say just in case someone who reads this doesn't know or doesn't want to know. Of course, the personas also affect your notoriety. Then, I guess it easier to implement stealth in some respects. Blending with the environment is more realistic than in other AC games, but I think that is more to do with the fact she is not always dressed as an Assassin.

UNDERWATER:
There is a little part of the game where you are required to swim underwater. Then you have a breathing bar like in the original TR games.

PUZZLES:
I'm not sure how they will change these. For example, one required tilting the Vita.

MULTIPLAYER:
I found this boring and repetitive and it's only really useful to those who want the trophies. o_0 So, if you don't care about trophies, I'd say don't bother. -_-

Overall, I enjoyed it. There were some different elements, but I think all the essential AC elements were there. I was just unfortunate to get the glitch which corrupts your save file. >_< Then, I had to start again when I was two thirds of the way through. :( I guess the game was interesting enough that I didn't mind playing it from the beginning again. :) Also, the soundtrack was great and fit the game and atmosphere perfectly. :D

Well, I hope that gives you an idea. :) This is right to the best of my knowledge, but if anyone feels the need to add to this or correct it, please do. :)

Edit: I checked my save file and I spent about 20 hours, but I think some of it was spent messing with the multiplayer. So, I'd guess if you want to complete everything not including the multiplayer, maybe it would be something like 15 hours. Of course, it'll depend on your play-style too. It is relatively short if you just do the main missions only and ignore the side missions. Maybe 6 - 10 hours, although I couldn't really say for sure unless I played it again.
Thank you Ladyleanheart! It was a very helpfull post. From your post i can make up ACL is a descent vita game that has potential as console port. The lenght seems ok too. Defenitly looking foreward to this!

ladyleonhart
09-14-2013, 10:09 PM
Thank you Ladyleonhart! It was a very helpfull post. From your post i can make up ACL is a descent vita game that has potential as console port. The lenght seems ok too. Defenitly looking foreward to this!

You're very welcome! :D I'm so glad I could help. :) I really did enjoy it on the Vita and I think it is definitely worth playing. xD Then, I'm looking forward to the Aveline missions in ACIV too and I'm very interested in how her story is continued.

Ureh
09-15-2013, 04:16 AM
Makes me wonder why ubisoft Sofia is listed as working on ac4?

Maybe they're responsible for the Aveline mission for playstation? I bet there might be interconnectivity between liberation hd and ac4.

poptartz20
09-15-2013, 04:47 AM
Maybe they're responsible for the Aveline mission for playstation? I bet there might be interconnectivity between liberation hd and ac4.

I agree it would make a lot of sense this way too!

lothario-da-be
09-15-2013, 06:24 PM
Its still idiotic IMO . They only make a ps3 exclusive mission.Thats not working on a game as a studio.

ze_topazio
09-15-2013, 06:28 PM
I wish Liberation HD was released before AC4, i don't want to play the Aveline missions before playing Liberation.

lothario-da-be
09-15-2013, 06:32 PM
I wish Liberation HD was released before AC4, i don't want to play the Aveline missions before playing Liberation.
True, but you can wait to play the Aveline mission untill you completed Liberation HD, they said it will release early early 2014, so i guess that means January or February.

ze_topazio
09-15-2013, 06:35 PM
I'm not that patient. :rolleyes:

lothario-da-be
09-15-2013, 06:56 PM
I'm not that patient. :rolleyes:
Me neither :p

lhevans
12-08-2013, 01:19 PM
Im BUMMED that this is download only and I cant add a physical copy to my collection :(