PDA

View Full Version : Will we see more interaction with woman in the new game ? ;)

dandins
09-12-2013, 09:21 AM
Cant wait for black flag.. finally a step to the next graphic Generation.

But in the last games it was all about killing, hunting.. blood blabla.. in the new game do woman play a bigger role than just prositutes?

Jexx21
09-12-2013, 09:27 AM
nope

all blood n gore all the time

just like it should be

pacmanate
09-12-2013, 01:26 PM

But in the last games it was all about killing, hunting.. blood blabla.. in the new game do woman play a bigger role than just prositutes?

Who knows! But if you want to get turned on, go on the internet. Games are for playing, not jerking off.

pirate1802
09-12-2013, 01:39 PM
Who knows! But if you want to get turned on, go on the internet. Games are for playing, not jerking off.

But what if you wanted to jerk off while playing or play while jerking off?

pacmanate
09-12-2013, 01:52 PM

Buy a smart TV and have PiP

pirate1802
09-12-2013, 01:55 PM
Buy a smart TV and have PiP

Okay, thats a good plan. thanks!

adventurewomen
09-12-2013, 02:51 PM
Hahaha thanks for the laughs OP, you've let out a Freudian Slip! We know what you're talking about. ;)

poptartz20
09-12-2013, 05:36 PM
Hahah... you guys are stoopid! No really, reading this was funny!

Honestly, I don't know but I really do doubt it given the time period and considering that the game is about pirates for goodness sake. Plundering Booty and such. I do believe courtesans make a come back in this one so there might be women that help out along the way but nothing serious. I feel that even Ziio had a bigger role than some of the other women in the series. Umm.. well maybe Claudia since she did actually become apart of the brotherhood. Soo... I take that back. haha.

I think you might want to play ACL HD when it comes out! You might enjoy that one more since the protag is female in that one!

thekyle0
09-12-2013, 05:44 PM
Shall I be the one to raise the bar?

The dearth of strong female characters in past Assassin's Creed games is largely due to the content. Women of ancient societies were often opposed in any attempt to openly wield power or influence the course of events. Consequently, women do not often feature prominently in the primary historical sources from which Ubisoft draws their settings and characters. Fortunately, n AC4 we're dealing with a society of pirates and outlaws which was much less stratified than those of colonial America or Renaissance Italy. This trend toward equal opportunity extends across gender barriers in the cases of Anne Bonny and Mary Read; two female pirates from the Golden Age of Piracy. At least one of them is confirmed to feature in AC4, albeit perhaps not as prominently as Black Beard or Benjamin Hornigold.

In short, expect some improved female representation in AC4's cast of characters, but maybe not on the same level as the previous high point of the series in this regard: AC2. (I haven't played Liberation so I've discounted it based on my own ignorance.)

Sigv4rd
09-12-2013, 05:59 PM
Aveline...?

adventurewomen
09-12-2013, 06:01 PM
Who gave you permission?

LOL

poptartz20
09-12-2013, 06:01 PM

The dearth of strong female characters in past Assassin's Creed games is largely due to the content. Women of ancient societies were often opposed in any attempt to openly wield power or influence the course of events. Consequently, women do not often feature prominently in the primary historical sources from which Ubisoft draws their settings and characters. Fortunately, n AC4 we're dealing with a society of pirates and outlaws which was much less stratified than those of colonial America or Renaissance Italy. This trend toward equal opportunity extends across gender barriers in the cases of Anne Bonny and Mary Read; two female pirates from the Golden Age of Piracy. At least one of them is confirmed to feature in AC4, albeit perhaps not as prominently as Black Beard or Benjamin Hornigold.

In short, expect some improved female representation in AC4's cast of characters, but maybe not on the same level as the previous high point of the series in this regard: AC2. (I haven't played Liberation so I've discounted it based on my own ignorance.)

*slow clap*

:cool:

thekyle0
09-12-2013, 06:10 PM
Who gave you permission?

LOL

Men do not require permission.

LoyalACFan
09-12-2013, 06:45 PM

You dun goofed now...

Anyway, OP, I think Anne Bonny will be pretty badass... even if she and Edward are ****buddies

pacmanate
09-12-2013, 06:56 PM
You dun goofed now...

Anyway, OP, I think Anne Bonny will be pretty badass... even if she and Edward are ****buddies

That's exactly what I was thinking.

ABANDON THREAD!!!

dandins
09-12-2013, 07:04 PM
okay okay .. forget about .. as long as the water looks nice :D

pacmanate
09-12-2013, 07:07 PM
okay okay .. forget about .. as long as the water looks nice :D

Good lad! That's the main thing.

lothario-da-be
09-12-2013, 08:48 PM
lol first your post about women and then this.:p

Locopells
09-13-2013, 12:28 AM

Wasn't that the idea behind the XBone...

'Ahem'

I think thekyle0 has it, in all seriousness.

SixKeys
09-13-2013, 12:56 AM
The "women didn't have much power historically" argument only goes so far. AC is half-fiction, and has had strong fictional female characters before (Rosa, Claudia, Paola). Even if devs are limited in how they depict historical characters, they have all the freedom in the world to create strong fictional female characters.

LoyalACFan
09-13-2013, 01:33 AM
The "women didn't have much power historically" argument only goes so far. AC is half-fiction, and has had strong fictional female characters before (Rosa, Claudia, Paola). Even if devs are limited in how they depict historical characters, they have all the freedom in the world to create strong fictional female characters.

Eh, yes, but the three you mentioned were only relevant because of their connections with prostitution, with two of them actually being prostitutes themselves, meaning they could operate surreptitiously in social circles that others couldn't. They had literally zero societal power beyond that. It worked well for side characters, but I don't think it would for a protagonist. My support for a female character depends entirely on the setting; if we're talking about a relatively socially progressive time like the French Revolution then hell yes, but if we're talking about Victorian London or something, then nah.

thekyle0
09-13-2013, 03:34 AM
Let's see if I can keep the gaming scholar gig rolling for myself.

I certainly did not intend to use history as an excuse for the writing. The female characters you mentioned in addition to Caterina Sforza are precisely the reason I identified AC2 as the previous high point for the series in regards to a female cast. Creative license is always a writer's freedom, but building a good story in a limited amount of time sets constraints on how many characters can enter the narrative. Oversaturation leads to 2 dimensional stock characters rather than a well rounded cast that engages the audience. This would actually work against any notion of gender equality in the narrative because stock characters are overwhelmingly basic stereotypes so as to be instantly recognizable by the audience without any time spent on exposition to flesh out their back story. The unfortunate truth is that even today the most recognizable female stereotypes are predicated on sexist, patriarchal notions.

With that in mind, the lack of prominent females in the historical cast is a much more valid and understandable development. To honor the historical setting, the AC writers try to grab the most prominent historical characters and adapt them to the game universe. This population of characters happens to be overwhelmingly male. These characters will clearly merit some considerable screen time since they pay double dividends both as characters within themselves and representatives of the historical setting. Consequently, they crowd out the fictional characters, male and female alike. I agree that more could be done to write in strong female characters among the fictional cast; AC3 were positively abysmal in that regard, as the only female from that game I'd qualify as a true character was Ziio, and they killed her off by the end of the second act. I'm just trying to explain why this is so, not that we should accept it or give up changing it.

lol first your post about women and then this.
It's a delicate balancing act living as a progressive misogynist. Whenever women confront me with the contradiction I find that the best defense is to claim I'm not a misogynist, but a massage artist... and then I touch them.

adventurewomen
09-13-2013, 04:05 AM
Let's see if I can keep the gaming scholar gig rolling for myself.

It's a delicate balancing act living as a progressive misogynist. Whenever women confront me with the contradiction I find that the best defense is to claim I'm not a misogynist, but a massage artist... and then I touch them.
You've got some DAMN nerve! Sit your *** down, take several seats.

Stop living in the Dark Ages for a start, and don't forget that you were born from a Women you lived in a Womb for 9 months without this you don't have the gift of life respect that fact. Learn to respect Women and life, reevaluate your life and thoughts.

You are seriously making my stomach turn, your comments are disgusting!

Ureh
09-13-2013, 04:11 AM
Yeah even Sforza wasn't someone to brag too much about.

pirate1802
09-13-2013, 04:25 AM
Wasn't that the idea behind the XBone...

Kinect support ftw!

thekyle0
09-13-2013, 05:06 AM
You've got some DAMN nerve! Sit your *** down, take several seats...

don't forget that you were born from a Women you lived in a Womb for 9 months
First, my economic status is not such that I can afford to sit willy-nilly on multiple seats at once. That's not the intended use of chairs, and it voids the warranty.

Second, premature birth. So my mother couldn't even hold it until I was biologically equipped to survive in the natural world. I almost died, so honestly, I find your comments offensive. Furthermore, I was not born from women plural. That's just screwy, and now you're planting sickening thoughts in my head rather than reforming them.

Jexx21
09-13-2013, 05:21 AM
You've got some DAMN nerve! Sit your *** down, take several seats.

Stop living in the Dark Ages for a start, and don't forget that you were born from a Women you lived in a Womb for 9 months without this you don't have the gift of life respect that fact. Learn to respect Women and life, reevaluate your life and thoughts.

You are seriously making my stomach turn, your comments are disgusting!

you do realize he's joking, right?

Jexx21
09-13-2013, 05:22 AM
Eh, yes, but the three you mentioned were only relevant because of their connections with prostitution, with two of them actually being prostitutes themselves, meaning they could operate surreptitiously in social circles that others couldn't. They had literally zero societal power beyond that. It worked well for side characters, but I don't think it would for a protagonist. My support for a female character depends entirely on the setting; if we're talking about a relatively socially progressive time like the French Revolution then hell yes, but if we're talking about Victorian London or something, then nah.

Was Claudia actually a prostitute though? Sure, she managed a brothel, but I don't think that she was actually a prostitute.

..Unless you were talking about Rosa who was the original madame of the brothel in ACB.

pirate1802
09-13-2013, 05:25 AM
First, my economic status is not such that I can afford to sit willy-nilly on multiple seats at once. That's not the intended use of chairs, and it voids the warranty.

Second, premature birth. So my mother couldn't even hold it until I was biologically equipped to survive in the natural world. I almost died, so honestly, I find your comments offensive. Furthermore, I was not born from women plural. That's just screwy, and now you're planting sickening thoughts in my head rather than reforming them.

lolololololol xD

10/10