PDA

View Full Version : PAX Prime AC4 discussion

Auditore8
09-12-2013, 01:09 AM
So today Ubisoft's YouTube channel uploaded a video from PAX Prime where they have a panel with Ashraf Ismail and Ralph Ineson
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_yVETGOXpk

One thing I did notice, was that at around 27:40, they show to Gamescom demo of AC4 and Ash mentions something about Edward's hood. Apparently the hood only goes up once Edward enters a Restricted Area, those red zones on the map. Does this mean that anywhere else in the world Edward's hood will be down? I know other videos have shown Edward out at sea with the hood up but this new info makes me wonder if his hood will stay down unless he's in a restricted zone. Also around 37:25, Ash mentions that Naval Multiplayer DID NOT make the final cut of the game, so unfortunately we won't be getting that with Black Flag.

Thoughts?

poptartz20
09-12-2013, 01:16 AM
well.. .I already figured that naval battles wouldn't make it into multiplayer. so yeah no big there. I probably would play more if it did!

second, I noticed from some of the other videos he does take the hood off and on alot! maybe during missions I would assume he keeps it up. or for high profile assassinations.

everything else like free roam. I think he keeps it down. I think he also keeps it down when he takes out forts as well.

Shahkulu101
09-12-2013, 01:20 AM
Weird...was watching this when you posted this. :) Charles Vane's actor is brilliant - really cool guy.

RatonhnhakeFan
09-12-2013, 01:33 AM
I'm surprised actually, was sure they would add naval to MP this time

BATISTABUS
09-12-2013, 02:27 AM
The naval multiplayer has been confirmed for a while now, but the way Ash talks, it seems like a DLC might be possible. As for the hood, I don't think it matters as much for Edward as it does for Connor. Edward doesn't start off the game as an Assassin, so I actually like that it's only up in restricted zones.

Wolfmeister1010
09-12-2013, 02:29 AM
The naval multiplayer has been confirmed for a while now, but the way Ash talks, it seems like a DLC might be possible. As for the hood, I don't think it matters as much for Edward as it does for Connor. Edward doesn't start off the game as an Assassin, so I actually like that it's only up in restricted zones.

It is not only up in restricted zones. Even though ash worded it weirdly at pax, he has confirmed before, (and proof from all previous gameplays) that the hood goes up while on missions, in plantations, or whenever there is danger near.

BATISTABUS
09-12-2013, 02:31 AM
It is not only up in restricted zones. Even though ash worded it weirdly at pax, he has confirmed before, (and proof from all previous gameplays) that the hood goes up while on missions, in plantations, or whenever there is danger near.
He doesn't put it up for random battles though. Aren't plantations located within restricted zones?

Auditore8
09-12-2013, 02:32 AM

I'd rather the hood just stay up always. I like the hoods, I feel like they're the iconic thing alongside the Hidden Blades. I can settle for it to come on and off as the game requires, but perhaps and Animus Hack might keep the hood on

AdamPearce
09-12-2013, 03:07 AM
As long as he doesn't get a wierd haircut, i'm alright with it.

+ anyway, it's not even a real assassin hood, so who cares ? :m

zhengyingli
09-12-2013, 06:25 AM
I've always questioned the hood being always on ever since AC2. Due to the fact that no-one in the crowd wears the hood, wouldn't the hood make the assassin ridiculously easy to be spotted by the average joe, especially in a game about INFAMY? I think I like this. Maybe Edward's trying to build up different personas of the hooded figure vs him without the hood?

pacmanate
09-12-2013, 08:49 AM
The naval multiplayer has been confirmed for a while now, but the way Ash talks, it seems like a DLC might be possible.
The MP guys already said it was near impossible at this stage to simulate the water or something properly between all ships.

You would not release something as big as Naval Multiplayer as DLC. However, I guess this confirms the next setting for AC has Naval in a stupid way :|

lasha7716
09-12-2013, 09:10 AM
more than 60 locations nice