PDA

View Full Version : Gameplay novelties, strategies and other goodies!

Aza404
09-11-2013, 01:05 PM
Nagas in the desert? Aren’t they water based creatures?

Yes. But there’s a clan, independent of the Empire, called the Sayamas. (More on their story later) They are the desert Nagas, they have adapted pretty well to the Sahaar desert.
In terms of gameplay, Sanctuary had a theme that wasn’t explored fully yet; Bounce (return to hand effect).

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/F2P/MMDOC/Gameplay_article/S03_Cre_San_053.jpg

Some card encourages you to bounce your own cards, diminishes the impact of the board presence you’re sacrificing and sometimes gives you an edge on bounce played by your opponent. Outmaneuver creatures are good target for bounce, it could also be used as a “heal effect.

Another theme that Sanctuary exploits really well is row control. In Forgotten Wars, we’re introducing Ambush. It's an ability that triggers when something is deployed in front of an Ambush creature. Right now, Ambush deals damage to the new creature.

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/F2P/MMDOC/Gameplay_article/S03_Cre_San_054.jpg

Like this guy, he deals 2 damage to anything that deploys in front, plus he gets Outmaneuver. He’s also a melee, which can be a big deal considering how many melee creatures gets this ability!

Ambush isn’t an ability tied to Sanctuary, it’s more or less tied to the desert. It only makes sense that Stronghold gets a piece of that cake too. Stronghold is more aggressive with Ambush though.

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/F2P/MMDOC/Gameplay_article/S03_Cre_Str_054_corrected.jpg

Bloodthirst makes an appearance in this expansion and so does Quick Attack (not on the same creature mind you)!

Last but not least (for today at least) the Necros!

At the time of the Forgotten Wars, the Necros were still part of the Seven Cities. Most of them were still experimenting a lot with the dead. Sometimes, a failed experiment would become a useful tool in the right hands.

Most new Necro creatures gives poison counters to other creatures when they die in specific conditions. Others get stronger with poison counters on them. It puts an interesting twist to poison.

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/F2P/MMDOC/Gameplay_article/S03_Cre_Nec_054_Moonsilk.jpg

Next time, we’ll talk about Demons, Crusaders and … a Phoenix? Stay tuned!

Banehollow89
09-11-2013, 01:29 PM
Very very nice, knowing something new about these creatures and abilities. I love it! :D

I am not that big fan of Nagas, but this new Naga with Ambush and Outmaneuver is really really good, I love the Idea.

Can't wait for other stuff and of course, for the expansion to be released! ;D

TheGeordie
09-11-2013, 01:46 PM
Ooooh plague zombie

NorsemanXXI
09-11-2013, 01:57 PM
The cards artwork is getting better with each expansion.

Qzin89
09-11-2013, 02:09 PM
The cards artwork is getting better with each expansion.

So true. Kudos to the artists. Seriously I like how they are not making the details on everything but the most important creature is full of them and colours are perfect.

Seriously well done. You should MAYBE rework arts from base set as some cards look to much alike to others.

Banehollow89
09-11-2013, 02:14 PM
So true. Kudos to the artists. Seriously I like how they are not making the details on everything but the most important creature is full of them and colours are perfect.

Seriously well done. You should MAYBE rework arts from base set as some cards look to much alike to others.

They will probably do that with second base set that they have plans to release before the end of the year.

HiddenGrounds
09-11-2013, 02:20 PM
Great art and great previews! Getting excited about Forgotten Wars! :)

LurifaxB
09-11-2013, 02:27 PM
Great! Really looking forward to the expansion. So many new abilities. It will make it an interesting time while we try it all out.

H4ml3t42
09-11-2013, 02:47 PM
This sounds really cool. Can't wait to see what else the new cards will bring to the game!

AbisalAeneas
09-11-2013, 03:04 PM
Very impressed with the new abilities they are coherent and don't squeak with the old (better they implement them).
^^
P.D.: Ubi, the Sahar scout image is an eastern egg of assesssine creed? :p

DarkProject00
09-11-2013, 05:50 PM
T-T this is so good. can't wait. enjoying this game since void rising was out. keep up the good work everyone!

Hantziie
09-11-2013, 06:31 PM
melee outmanoeuvre + ambush 2 :O omfg i want it now!

ulpsz
09-12-2013, 11:49 PM
very good stuff ..

ulpsz
09-13-2013, 12:06 AM
very good stuff ..

sanyika993
09-13-2013, 04:07 PM
Any ETA on release date?

Nevofix
09-13-2013, 04:46 PM
Nergal incoming! Poison counters strengthen certain creatures? Combine it with some poison clouds and contagion and you'll be almost invincible.

Hantziie
09-13-2013, 06:47 PM
Ambush + The Song of the Lost... anyone?

Heroesfan123
09-13-2013, 06:48 PM
Splinters + OM for those who lack the spell :D

EDIT: I would like an official confirmation that ALL packs bought with gold have a chance at containing wild cards, and I also have a follow-up question: Is said chance the same across ALL packs, or let's say expansion packs have a higher chance of dropping wildcards? I would greatly appreciate an answer.

lorrisdray
09-26-2013, 07:10 PM
fantastic ! just spent seals to buy one forgotten wars box, got wild cards buying it and wild cards in every pack.

with the wild cards i could buy all the cards missing since the beginning (had no DA with more than 7K cards) and unlocked allmost all the cards achievements. finally i have more gold and seals than when i logged in ^^ (and all the cards i was missing)