PDA

View Full Version : P-51 B and C question. ROF?

Gibbage1
02-02-2004, 11:17 AM
OK. There was something posted about the P-51 C and B having a higher rate-of-fire due to its electric ammo feeder. Is there any documents on this? If so, please show me and I will make sure Oleg knows of it.

Gibbage1
02-02-2004, 11:17 AM
OK. There was something posted about the P-51 C and B having a higher rate-of-fire due to its electric ammo feeder. Is there any documents on this? If so, please show me and I will make sure Oleg knows of it.

Korolov
02-02-2004, 11:34 AM
It was found out that the B and C had a lower ROF compared to the D.

The feeding of a gun doesn't speed up its ROF, especially with the M2 series. Lighter barrels are what speed up the ROF on the Browning.

http://www.mechmodels.com/images/newsig1.jpg

tagert
02-02-2004, 11:44 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gibbage1:
OK. There was something posted about the P-51 C and B having a higher rate-of-fire due to its electric ammo feeder. Is there any documents on this? If so, please show me and I will make sure Oleg knows of it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Sorry Gibb that was my bad!! tennmike pointed out that the word BOOSTER to describe the B26 electric motor feeds that were used to fix the jamming problems on the P51B is not the same as the MUZZLE BOOSTER mentioned later in the book when they talked about increasing the .50 cals from 750 rpm to 950+ rpm.. So, one could say that all P51B's got the electric motors, but, there is nothing I can find that the MUZZLE BOOSTER was used on any P51's.. It only shows that they tested the MUZZLE BOOSTER on a P51B and got the re****ed increase to 950+ rpm

TAGERT