PDA

View Full Version : AC4 - PS4 gameplay VS PC Gameplay

pacmanate
09-08-2013, 09:29 PM
PC Gameplay was recently released, as has PS4 of the same footage. The following video is a comparison however the only bit really comparable is the cutscene at the start as the gameplay is obviously different.

0:37 onwards shows that the PC version delivers clearer textures, most notably on Adewales buttons on his shirt thing, and on edwards armour pieces. Just look at anything round and you will see the difference.

Obviously PC is better, everyone knows this. But the PS4 one is very clear indeed :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=UfP81kOrI28

Here is a screenshot I took outlining the differences. As you can see, PS4 stacks up very nicely! (Open image in new tab for larger look)

http://i895.photobucket.com/albums/ac154/arun1910/Untitled_zps43934a8d.jpg

silvermercy
09-08-2013, 09:34 PM
Ah yes! Had seen that and was wondering if the difference is due to the web video adjustments. PC looks brighter, crisper and clearer here. But I'm also wondering if this is true comparison. The HD screen quality of a TV can vary.

pacmanate
09-08-2013, 09:36 PM
Ah yes! Had seen that and was wondering if the difference is due to the web video adjustments. PC looks brighter, crisper and clearer here. But I'm also wondering if this is true comparison. The HD screen quality of a TV can vary.

I would say it is, PC will def be clearer.

Shahkulu101
09-08-2013, 09:43 PM
PC looks way better to me. I guess we already knew that would be the case anyway -- not sure which version to get now...

pacmanate
09-08-2013, 09:46 PM
PC looks way better to me. I guess we already knew that would be the case anyway -- not sure which version to get now...

I dont really see a massive difference. I also think the colours are not right on the PS4 version, too washed out. They probably set the TV's up in the convention without colour cailbrating. Looks like they used default TV settings which are always too cool.

silvermercy
09-08-2013, 10:09 PM
I dont really see a massive difference. I also think the colours are not right on the PS4 version, too washed out. They probably set the TV's up in the convention without colour cailbrating. Looks like they used default TV settings which are always too cool.
Well, that's what I think. I'm sure PC must be better but they can't really offer a true comparison unless they color calibrate their TV. And it seems they haven't. My PS3 games on my new LED TV look way better than the PS4 on this video. They either have a crap TV or they did this on purpose. LOL

adventurewomen
09-08-2013, 10:10 PM
The color on the PS3 version looks desaturated, to the point where it's lost detail. The PC version is superior in quality.

Jexx21
09-08-2013, 10:17 PM
am I the only one that likes the saturation levels on the PS4 more than the saturation levels on the PC version?

pacmanate
09-08-2013, 10:36 PM
am I the only one that likes the saturation levels on the PS4 more than the saturation levels on the PC version?

I dunno... I do think the PC has some crushing blacks though. I dont think they calibrated anything really.

pacmanate
09-08-2013, 10:38 PM
Well, that's what I think. I'm sure PC must be better but they can't really offer a true comparison unless they color calibrate their TV. And it seems they haven't. My PS3 games on my new LED TV look way better than the PS4 on this video. They either have a crap TV or they did this on purpose. LOL

Just realised, the PS4 footage is the official footage. So I think that the Nvidia guys are the ones that didnt calibrate. Cause thinking about it, the PS4 colours look fine when just watching the commented one, never had a problem with it. The Nvidia guys seemed to have added more colour as well as more blacks. Thats why side by side the PS4 looks like its lacking, yet it isnt. If you get what Im trying to say

ACfan443
09-08-2013, 10:49 PM
I dunno... I do think the PC has some crushing blacks though. I dont think they calibrated anything really.

I was thinking this too. It seems like they've pushed the contrast up so high that it's destroyed a significant amount of detail (and presumably also have some sh*tty dynamic contrast running as well). It's most noticeable in Adewale's arms and eyes.

Jexx21
09-08-2013, 10:55 PM
In the actual video the PC version does look better, but I think the way they're comparing the two versions is stupid. You don't just directly compare videos like that. You should be using both the PC version and the PS4 version on the same screen and screen cap it, not take it from videos.

ACfan443
09-08-2013, 11:07 PM
Wait, I assumed the PC version was an off screen recording, if both versions are from a direct feed, then how do tv calibration settings come into this?

Oleg l Kirrlov
09-08-2013, 11:43 PM
Im about to cry :(. I have an amazing TV but ive never calibrated anything! *runs off to youtube*

x___Luffy___x
09-08-2013, 11:50 PM
In the actual video the PC version does look better, but I think the way they're comparing the two versions is stupid. You don't just directly compare videos like that. You should be using both the PC version and the PS4 version on the same screen and screen cap it, not take it from videos.

i agree, they should do it this way.

silvermercy
09-08-2013, 11:52 PM
I think something like this would be more accurate (split screen). But I guess it's impossible to do with AC4 just yet since it hasn't been released obviously.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3djSACP0rts

Black_Widow9
09-09-2013, 12:51 AM
Just so you know, our gameplay footage is captured from pre-release software running on next-gen comparable hardware. ;)

pacmanate
09-09-2013, 11:18 AM
Btw... I know this comparison isn't 100% accurate. But its something, and you can still tell a difference. At least we can see the differences 2 months before release.

Jexx21
09-09-2013, 06:19 PM
I still don't believe that the colors and saturation are accurate to what they'll actually be. Pretty sure the videos are edited.

Soulid_Snake
09-10-2013, 09:04 PM
It's a unfair comparison, they seem to be captured from 2 different devices.

Animator_Alex
11-17-2013, 02:25 AM
Does anyone have a PS4 vs PC split screen comparison video yet?

Animator_Alex
11-19-2013, 09:36 PM
Does anyone have a comparison video of the PS4 and PC yet?

pacmanate
11-19-2013, 09:39 PM
Not that I've looked for, try youtube