PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed IV Black Flag was demonstrated on PC

catkiller97
09-08-2013, 07:42 AM
Video - http://www.dsogaming.com/news/batman-arkham-origins-pc-features-further-explained-demonstrated/

ACBF section starts at 43 Min.
PC Gameplay inside!

Assassins Creed IV Black Flag was demonstrated on PC and a few details were released as well.
- 4k textures on PC version
- TXAA support

BlastThyName
09-08-2013, 03:15 PM
Looks ****ing ace but there shouldn't be any noticeable differences between the maxed out PC version at 1080p and the PS4 version.

Unless Nvidia have something up their sleeve, HBAO+, higher tessellation levels and contact hardening shadows maybe.

pacmanate
09-08-2013, 07:25 PM
There is difference in textures. The following video is only good for the start of the video as the cutscene is in sync, the rest of the gameplay isnt so its kinda pointless. However in the cutscene you can see a difference. The buttons and textures on adewales clothes do look clearer when he walks onto the PC side.

35 seconds onwards you can notice it if you look at Adewales buttons and Edwards armour. However the difference isnt that great, yet it is noticable. One thing the PC version excels in is the smoke, it looks amazing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfP81kOrI28

AherasSTRG
09-09-2013, 08:38 PM
Not to mention that the PC version of the above video has HOLSTERS.

MIGHTY399740
09-10-2013, 12:35 PM
Thanks for the gameplay video!
You can check my thread http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/790612-Assassin-s-Creed-4-Black-Flag-PC to see some nice screenshots from the PC version.

anik_lc
09-10-2013, 02:06 PM
Good to see that. And since I am an AMD user, I hope nVidia features runs well on my card.

YazX_
09-15-2013, 08:53 PM
Good to see that. And since I am an AMD user, I hope nVidia features runs well on my card.

Any Nvidia Exclusive feature -like TXAA- will not run on AMD cards, so when you go to graphics options, you will not find it there.

Dalver
09-16-2013, 02:24 PM
Am I to understand that the PC version will ship with all the next-gen features (and possibly/hopefully even more bells and whistles)? Is it official?

BlastThyName
09-16-2013, 02:43 PM
Am I to understand that the PC version will ship with all the next-gen features (and possibly/hopefully even more bells and whistles)? Is it official?
Yes, it's official.

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/nvidia-ubisoft-form-pc-gaming-alliance-for-this-falls-hottest-game

At GamesCom in Cologne, Germany, Ubisoft and NVIDIA have announced a gaming alliance that will see the two firms bolster Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag, Splinter Cell Blacklist, and Watch_Dogs with NVIDIA-developed technologies and features, and other PC-exclusive enhancements like DirectX 11-powered Tessellation.

It was confirmed that the PC would be at the very least on par with the XB1/PS4 versions features wise.

rrmartinezdl
09-20-2013, 10:24 PM
I wonder if this one will be optimized better than ac3

blacklimoband
09-23-2013, 06:34 AM
Hmmm, looks like I need to give myself an early christmas present (as in a ****ing monster video card)... it would be criminal to run this game at anything less than maximum... after all the hard work the graphic artists have put in ;)

BlastThyName
09-23-2013, 01:07 PM
Hmmm, looks like I need to give myself an early christmas present (as in a ****ing monster video card)... it would be criminal to run this game at anything less than maximum... after all the hard work the graphic artists have put in ;)

The differences between high and ultra settings are rather sublte these days. No need for a top end GPU to enjoy Watch Dogs at decent settings on PC.

I would say something like a GTX760 would do very well.

AherasSTRG
09-23-2013, 02:13 PM
Actually, the 760 does not break a sweat playing the new Splinter Cell Blacklist on Ultra. Game drops to 50-60 frames only when trying to push TXAA.

Quinn_HUN
12-12-2013, 10:12 PM
Hey! See waht i found on the other side of the AC4 cover!
http://www.kepfeltoltes.hu/view/131208/476537236Scan0001_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg
I bought the skull edition.

Wrath2Zero
12-14-2013, 02:19 AM
4K textures is a lie, the game only uses about max 1.5 GB of VRAM at 1080p. It was probably demoed using 4K resolution, probably downsampling. The NVIDIA features do make the game look nicer and the CSAA is very nice, no a jaggy to be seen at 4x(8xCSS).

The PCSS(NVIDIA Percentage Closer Soft Shadows) do looks really nice but you need a newer or very strong GPU to use them because they kill frame-rate. HBAO+ looks really good as well, low HBAO+ looks much better than SSAO and works well on older NVIDIA cards like GTX560

Frag_Maniac
12-14-2013, 02:52 AM
There is difference in textures.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfP81kOrI28

Not THAT much of a difference. I've played over 3/4 way through on PC on a 7970 OC and was at my neighbor's yesterday and saw and played it on his PS4 and it's far closer than that video shows. He has a bit better display than I with his LG plasma vs my Panasonic IPS LCD, but mine's no slouch either, and none of what I compared had anything to do with the TV's differences, which are primarily brightness levels and motion blur. Both are pretty decent at texture clarity and color accuracy.

I did notice a bit of texture flickering on facial shadows and distant foliage on his PS4 version which I don't get on my PC version, but texture quality overall is a lot better than that video you posted shows.

Wrath2Zero
12-14-2013, 03:20 AM
It's the NVIDIA features that make it look far better than the PS4 version and the fact you can choose higher AA modes, which makes the moving image pretty much free of aliasing.

archav3n
12-14-2013, 09:32 AM
Honestly they have to cheat PC fans onto buying the game as they are releasing a PC version is it not? Frankly, most games are designed for consoles and ported to PC. That is how it is. PC with a beastly hardwares are just running the same on optimized consoles.

Better luck that is why just get consoles. As that's what they want i think.

Frag_Maniac
12-14-2013, 03:02 PM
It's the NVIDIA features that make it look far better than the PS4 version and the fact you can choose higher AA modes, which makes the moving image pretty much free of aliasing.

Except someone implied and that vid kinda makes it look like the PS4 has noticeably worse texture quality, which AA doesn't have much to do with. And what's up with the PS4 side looking so dark, it's BS.

I don't buy into the Nvidia features make it look so grand hype either. Their HBAO+ isn't even as good as AMD's HDAO, and the only reason they even came up with it is they couldn't get HDAO as optimized as AMD did.

Wrath2Zero
12-14-2013, 04:29 PM
What you moaning for? If you have a high end NVIDIA card the game looks superior to the next-gen console verson, that's what us PC gamers want and you moan when ubisoft doesn't do it for the other AC games.

Be thankful that NVIDIA stepped up to this game, it is a really nice looking game, it doesn't use cheap effects, finally a AC game that can look better than Crysis with better textures, shadows and lighting, advanaced graphics options, proper keyboard, mouse support, FFS what more do you want? Black Flag is technically superior than all of the previous AC games and scales well with the advanced options. I'm fine with it being a next-gen console port at this point, better than a crappy old gen port like the other AC games and no it runs much better than the console versions, they're locked at 30fps, you can get 60fps with superior fidelity on a top end PC, also Black Flag supports 4K resolution so it's future proof.

I don't care about AMD's HDAO because they didn't get this title and it being as good as HBAO+ is down to personal preference.

Frag_Maniac
12-15-2013, 12:49 AM
I don't care about AMD's HDAO because they didn't get this title and it being as good as HBAO+ is down to personal preference.

Pretty much makes it obvious you don't know the difference between HDAO and HBAO+. HDAO is the best AO tech available so far because it renders shadows from literally all angles, no shortcuts. What do you think the HD stands for?

This is also not so much about what Ubi wanted as it was about console limitations, and it really has nothing to do with AO at all. They went with Nvidia for endorsement because of their Adaptive VSync, which avoids having to externally force Triple Buffering to avoid the 30 FPS cap when the frames dip below 60 with regular VSync.

Of course those of us on AMD cards just use an app like D3DO to enable triple buffering, making VSync a non issue. Then the issue becomes having to put up with inferior AO because they went the simple route catering to consoles that struggle with FPS more, esp the Xone.

Like I said, the features Nvidia comes out with are more fluff than actual substance. There's nothing particularly grand about HBAO+, and it does zero for textures.

Externall89
12-15-2013, 10:33 AM
Looks ****ing ace but there shouldn't be any noticeable differences between the maxed out PC version at 1080p and the PS4 version.

Unless Nvidia have something up their sleeve, HBAO+, higher tessellation levels and contact hardening shadows maybe.

Really dude want me to drop the bomb on you that ps4 + xbox 1 is pure waste of money because all the hardware used in it is so freaking old?
I don't want to start another console vs pc war , because its a proven fact that console graphicly wise can or never will keep up with pc.

AherasSTRG
12-15-2013, 11:07 AM
Really dude want me to drop the bomb on you that ps4 + xbox 1 is pure waste of money because all the hardware used in it is so freaking old?
I don't want to start another console vs pc war , because its a proven fact that console graphicly wise can or never will keep up with pc.
Linus Tech tips in a recent video compared the PS4 with a PC created with 550 dollars including OS. He said that they are about the same apart from the fact that the PC has 1000% times the funcionality.
And it's only logical. As procedural methods keep arising in computers, there is a need for energy consumption which is literally impossible for a living room device to have. I also have to say that before the release of the PS4, it was said that a GTX 760 wouldn't beat the PS4. But, up until now, it beats the PS4 in every game there is out there: AC4, CoD: Ghosts, BF4 with a really big difference.

Wrath2Zero
01-23-2014, 01:53 PM
Pretty much makes it obvious you don't know the difference between HDAO and HBAO+. HDAO is the best AO tech available so far because it renders shadows from literally all angles, no shortcuts. What do you think the HD stands for?

Like I said, the features Nvidia comes out with are more fluff than actual substance. There's nothing particularly grand about HBAO+, and it does zero for textures.

HBAO+ is superior to SSAO and in this game it shows alot, you don't get the halo effect around objects and the AO is close to the objects giving the whole scene more depth, even HBAO+ (low) looks better than SSAO. Again I couldn't care less about AMD's implementation, it's not in this game so stop blabbering on about it.

Frag_Maniac
01-23-2014, 08:54 PM
HBAO+ is superior to SSAO and in this game it shows alot, you don't get the halo effect around objects and the AO is close to the objects giving the whole scene more depth, even HBAO+ (low) looks better than SSAO. Again I couldn't care less about AMD's implementation, it's not in this game so stop blabbering on about it.

Rather trollish to dig up a thread several months old just to rehash what's already been argued, and that you don't care about the best method of AO in the biz makes your argument pretty weak.

Furthermore any small differences in SSAO and HBAO are nullified by the fact that the NPC body shadows are still horribly piled on in what appear to be plumes of black smoke. I could just as well say HBAO+ means nothing to AMD customers because it's exclusive to Nvidia, and STILL doesn't look as good as HDAO.

September_o3
01-24-2014, 07:36 PM
As a pc only player, I will say simply this. I could see the pores in the skin of Anne Bonny's Ample bosom. That is ALL that the necessary realism for me. Thank you very much and good night.

Wrath2Zero
01-26-2014, 07:43 AM
Rather trollish to dig up a thread several months old just to rehash what's already been argued, and that you don't care about the best method of AO in the biz makes your argument pretty weak.

Furthermore any small differences in SSAO and HBAO are nullified by the fact that the NPC body shadows are still horribly piled on in what appear to be plumes of black smoke. I could just as well say HBAO+ means nothing to AMD customers because it's exclusive to Nvidia, and STILL doesn't look as good as HDAO.

Well you are clearly stupid enough to reply back.

Mr_Shade
01-26-2014, 07:33 PM
Well you are clearly stupid enough to reply back.
and with that 'wonderful' reply - thread is locked..

Please refrain from digging up old threads - and - abusing other members.