PDA

View Full Version : Cars feel like floating Pls fix

P3NTA
09-07-2013, 10:45 PM
I hope they fix this, game is still in early development but i would want them to miss this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaT3tVhk7L0 in this clip right around the start or in the whole clip how the car sticking to the road has been done awfuly, looks like the car is floating not on the ground, i think its beacuse of the shadows, what do you think?

P3NTA
09-07-2013, 10:57 PM
Wouldn't want*

hakeryk2
09-07-2013, 11:42 PM
Someone said that the controls of the car in The Crew is like steering a hovercraft. Anyway - stop writing post below the post. Use edit option.

Memory_Kill
09-10-2013, 12:23 AM
*cough* E3 build *cough*

Seriously, the game was about a year from release at that point, cut them some slack already. At this point it is atleast 5-8 months from release. Plenty of work still to do. Relax, besides you can't post something from 3 months ago a whine about it now, just saying.

asmolnyi
09-10-2013, 11:53 AM
Seriously, the game was about a year from release at that point, cut them some slack already. At this point it is atleast 5-8 months from release. Plenty of work still to do. Relax, besides you can't post something from 3 months ago a whine about it now

But PAX was about a week ago. And we still have this:

Someone said that the controls of the car in The Crew is like steering a hovercraft.

So I'm with OP.

tduckadmin
09-10-2013, 01:53 PM
You do notice instances where the cars appear to be floating or at least one of the wheels anyway but this is more than likely due to it still being an early build and the terrain not having all it's geometry and depths set which the physics then adhere to. Or something like that, I dunno I'm stupid at the best and worst of times.

DU_jefbougy
09-11-2013, 11:18 AM
What I think is that the devs are hitting the maximum game fairs possible to let the gaming world know that The Crew exists and is a high end racing game, while working like madmen to finish in times! Stephane Beley, which I encountered at the GamesCom told me that the sequences shown at these games expositions are made to show what the game will look like, but that demo shows only a thenth of the game when finished... I'm not sure they "lose time" improving these sequences every week... They have more crucial things to do! ;)