PDA

View Full Version : The Tyranny of King Washington- Opinions

ACRules2
09-06-2013, 09:16 PM
Well, I know it's months later, but I'm curious about the verdict of the TOKW content.

Episode 1- I just went back to explore the wilderness, just saw atmospheric it was. Assassinating Benedict Arnold was pretty cool, challenging. Had to use your wolf cloak sparingly in order to survive, and it is very dark. For this episode I give 8.5/10

Episode 2- This just felt like a bit of a letdown. There is much moving between cutscenes, and the final assassination at the end of the episode doesn't really feel rewarding, and his death speech feels just a bit of a letdown, but I suppose I did hurt him an awful lot...
The story in Episode 2 slows down quite a lot at times, (I mean, a horse?) but the Eagle Power saves this episode from the pits of despair. For this Episode I give 7/10

Episode 3- My favorite episode, and the one I played the most recently, it is one that is action packed from the get-go. A great naval battle opens up, and you have to wreck your ship just to survive. Once on land, you go on a journey to the Spirit World for the third time and unlock the bear. I swear, it doesn't get any better than soldiers flying meters up into the air or toppling like skittles.
The story is good, and King Washington is a man you like to hate. His speech about halfway through the DLC is very well written, in my opinion.
The last mission is fun, a giant platforming puzzle! The battle on the top of the pyramid is good, not exceptional but good, and the final cutscene I watched a few times, just because I liked the speech of George Washington. Quite an inspiring speech, if I do say so myself. I give this episode a 9/10
Quite expensive for the content, however.
If you want to find out the whole story, find the Lucid Memory Artifacts, and it unlocks a cutscene somewhere in the current episode, relating to how this world came about.

What do you think?

adventurewomen
09-06-2013, 09:30 PM
I'm not going to write a huge review.. I appreciate your review.

I just loved ToKW every moment of the episodes.

LoyalACFan
09-06-2013, 09:38 PM
I actually thought Episode 1 was by far the strongest one. Better pacing, intriguing setup, and more emphasis on the Native American aspect. Episode 2 was alright, it did have a cooler power but the story was downright cheesy at times. Episode 3 was actually disappointing IMO, I thought the bear power was lame and the story was predictable. Not to mention lacking in memorable characters; as others have said recently, the forgettable Jefferson could have been replaced by Lee for entertaining results.

SixKeys
09-06-2013, 11:32 PM
I enjoyed episode 1 the most, better than the main game. Even in the other episodes the wolf cloak was the power I used the most. Episode 2 was more annoying since it took place in the cities where the weaknesses of the enemy AI show up more. Never finished episode 3, I just didn't enjoy it at all.

Sushiglutton
09-06-2013, 11:41 PM
Haven't played it because I didn't want to support the direction Ubi had taken the franchise with AC3.

adventurewomen
09-07-2013, 12:44 AM
Haven't played it because I didn't want to support the direction Ubi had taken the franchise with AC3.
I take that comment as you won't be sticking around to play AC4 then?

:(

Lass4r
09-07-2013, 01:07 PM
I really liked TOKW. My favourite part? Probably the fact that Washinton put a bloody pyramid in the middle of New York (!). Standing atop a rooftop and seeing a gigantic pyramid dominate the city landscape was surreal and awesome!

roostersrule2
09-07-2013, 01:10 PM
I liked TOKW, if they came out a month later I reckon they could have been amazing.

AherasSTRG
09-07-2013, 03:28 PM
Unlike what everyone says, I found the 2nd episode to be the best in both terms of gameplay and story. For me, all 3 DLCs were great with the best being the 2nd episode, followed by the first.