PDA

View Full Version : Help vote Assassins Creed for Greatest Game Series of the Decade

pirate1802
09-06-2013, 03:17 AM
I don't always vote in polls but when I do I make sure I spread them like a virus everywhere. Not that this means much for AC or the winners in particular, but sharing it here nonetheless. Don't kill me.

Contest brackets (http://asia.gamespot.com/greatest-game-series/index.html?page=2)

pyrotechnick777
09-06-2013, 03:59 AM
Just voted.

projectpat06
09-06-2013, 04:56 AM
They have some tough choices and should wait until GTA 5 and Arkham origins comes out to do the final 4. I can't believe uncharted got beat out. I honestly couldn't choose between Mass Effect and Zelda. Those series both had great games. If GTA includes red dead and gta V, I would say that would be the winner, Elder Scrolls second, a tie between mass effect and zelda fro 3rd, and Assassins creed 4th. AC as a whole is def in my top 5 of favorite series ever, but it's had its quality flaws since brotherhood. I have a good feeling that will be redeemed with AC4

Jexx21
09-06-2013, 05:14 AM
Uh.. who would GTA include RDR?

Oleg l Kirrlov
09-06-2013, 05:43 AM
I looked at the comments, and I thought of Assassin_M :)
http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/t448/tyromebiglips/stupid_zpsd3c61d20.png (http://s1060.photobucket.com/user/tyromebiglips/media/stupid_zpsd3c61d20.png.html)

Voted for- Gta, ES, AC, ME. I LOVE fallout but new vegas was dukey

TheDanteEX
09-06-2013, 06:19 AM
I have mixed feelings voting Assassin's Creed as the greatest series. It's my favorite, sure, but I feel the games are just inconsistent in quality and a bulk of the stories could be told in much less than five major games. Even if I were going for favorites, my favorite game of all time is RDR; however, I haven't played Revolver, so I can't say I love the series after playing only half of it. Zelda is up there with me, and actually is consistently well and spaced out between games, which becomes its downfall as some of its best games were in the 90s, though my favorite Zelda game (and second favorite game of all time) was Majora's Mask in 2000; but I still have problems counting the series as a whole as 2000-2010 only had about three major games. This is a toughie for sure.

On another note, I've only played Far Cry 3 and its definitely in my top 10, but again, haven't played any others. It's tough not being biased.

pirate1802
09-06-2013, 06:22 AM
See the bracket. Its up against Fallout. If you like fallout more, vote for that. If you like AC more then go for that. Its not that difficult really. No need to go into complicated soul search :p

I-Like-Pie45
09-06-2013, 06:27 AM
ac and fallout

both series with underwhelming third installments

pirate1802
09-06-2013, 07:22 AM
I thought Fallout 3 was awesome. Both it and New Vegas. But then again, I've not played the earlier Fallouts so not sure how much my opinion is worth. :p

projectpat06
09-06-2013, 08:04 AM
Uh.. who would GTA include RDR?

Yeah i realized i goofed on that after I posted but didn't care enough to change it. For me, Red Dead was basically the same game as GTA but in the wild west

Spider_Sith9
09-06-2013, 08:52 AM
I looked at the comments, and I thought of Assassin_M :)
http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/t448/tyromebiglips/stupid_zpsd3c61d20.png (http://s1060.photobucket.com/user/tyromebiglips/media/stupid_zpsd3c61d20.png.html)

Voted for- Gta, ES, AC, ME. I LOVE fallout but new vegas was dukey
I love Strawberry Shortcake!

poptartz20
09-06-2013, 10:02 AM
ahh... I would vote but I don't want to make an account. >_>

roostersrule2
09-06-2013, 10:09 AM
ahh... I would vote but I don't want to make an account. >_>Agreed.

pirate1802
09-06-2013, 10:35 AM
ahh... I would vote but I don't want to make an account. >_>

Ah there she is. The Templar I came to kill.

pacmanate
09-06-2013, 11:34 AM
Collectively, yes I think AC is the greatest series of the decade. Although it would have some competition against Uncharted.

Mr_Shade
09-06-2013, 02:04 PM
well sales are going good for the Black Chest edition of ACIV..

not many left...

silvermercy
09-06-2013, 02:12 PM
Glad I'm not registered over there as I would have a really hard time choosing between the two. lol If it was ANY other game I'd have no problem choosing. But I have a weakness for anything post-apocalyptic. *le sigh*

well sales are going good for the Black Chest edition of ACIV..

not many left...

Aaah!! *panic mode on* I pre-ordered Buccaneer for PS3 and was waiting to get PS4 Black Chest later. Seems like I won't be able to now. *sniff*

Mr_Shade
09-06-2013, 02:18 PM
Aaah!! *panic mode on* I pre-ordered Buccaneer for PS3 and was waiting to get PS4 Black Chest later. Seems like I won't be able to now. *sniff*

UK has about 1400 copies left - divided between all of the formats [approx. - since people are buying all the time] - so you 'may' have a chance.. but can't promise :(

pirate1802
09-06-2013, 02:24 PM
Glad I'm not registered over there as I would have a really hard time choosing between the two. lol If it was ANY other game I'd have no problem choosing. But I have a weakness for anything post-apocalyptic. *le sigh*

Batman is not amused.

http://imagemacros.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/batman-was-at-first-like.jpg

I-Like-Pie45
09-06-2013, 02:37 PM
I thought Fallout 3 was awesome. Both it and New Vegas. But then again, I've not played the earlier Fallouts so not sure how much my opinion is worth. :p

Fallout 3 got the atmosphere right.

Fallout New Vegas got more of the RPG mechanics and writing style right.

pirate1802
09-06-2013, 02:43 PM
Fallout 3 got the atmosphere right.

Fallout New Vegas got more of the RPG mechanics and writing style right.

yeah I think both games got something right and something wrong. Hence why I'd rate them equally.

pirate1802
09-07-2013, 09:28 AM
lol AC losing to Fallout by 0.1 % votes. How closer can it get? :O

DavidPage
09-07-2013, 11:13 AM
Look for a giant comment under the username DavidPageLT. Read it and tell me what you think.

DavidPage
09-07-2013, 11:15 AM
Although I don't think Mass Effect was better than Bioshock. No way.

AssassinKen2011
09-07-2013, 11:59 AM
I cried playing mass effect 3, I'd didn't cry playing bioshock 1, infinite was emotional but nowhere near crying.

pirate1802
09-07-2013, 12:11 PM
Its all about perspectives anyway. Its very difficult if not outright impossible to tell which game is objectively better than which. In the end comes down to preferences...unless we are talking technically in which case a good game is the one that runs flawlessly without any bugs and a bad one is the one which refuses to even launch.

SixKeys
09-07-2013, 01:11 PM
AC and Fallout are tied exactly at 50%. :O

roostersrule2
09-07-2013, 01:13 PM
AC and Fallout are tied exactly at 50%. :OGuess I'll vote then.

deskp
09-07-2013, 01:28 PM
voted.

pirate1802
09-07-2013, 01:32 PM
AC and Fallout are tied exactly at 50%. :O

Lol yeah. Move yo asses and vote people! xD

ze_topazio
09-07-2013, 01:36 PM
Can't believe Metal Gear Solid is losing to Elder Scrolls.

I can't vote anyway, i don't have an account and i am not going to create one just for this.

Goxxi
09-07-2013, 03:00 PM
Well I would like to know what they consider by "decade" and do they mean on past decade and period from 2001 to 2011 ?

Well I would rather say that AC is a best series of the current generation , but If we mean on last decade then I would rather say Metal Gear Solid since the 1st AC game from 2007 was very repetative , AC2 was a master-piece and one of the best games ever while Brotherhood and Revelations were just a giant DLC's and had not been a real full sequels
, so in last decade practically we got only one AC game which is a truly master-piece while Kojima had published a MGS2 : Sons of Liberty (2001), MGS3 : Snake Eater, MGS4 : Guns of the Patriots plus 2 also great games for PSP Portable Ops and Peace Walker....really each sequel is one master piece for itself.

But definitely MGS is my favorite series besides AC, also Mass Effect is about very close.

So I would say :

Assassin's Creed - best franchise of the current generation

Metal Gear Solid - best franchise of last decade

DavidPage
09-07-2013, 04:30 PM
Ok guys I admit it. I haven't played any Mass Effect. I based all my opinion on Mass Effect purely by reading the plot on wikipedia, the reception and many walkthroughs on youtube. But seriously is it THAT emotional? That it makes people cry? As for Metal Gear Solid (I don't wanna offend anyone nor start fanboy wars). Can the games be really called masterpieces? (Let's not include Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 as they were out of this decade however you wanna look at it - the decade I mean/2000-10 or 2003 2013). I mean for me, the graphics were always something that bothered me. Also I never got used to the control scheme properly and I still have trouble with it. Plots were not at all enthralling in the same way AC's were. Gameplay was good, but it always was a bit weird. Stealth I mean. It wasn't stealth like Splinter Cell or Hitman or whatever. (By the way, if anyone thinks I'm saying boolsheet please don't attack me! just point it out). I (as opposed to the majority of MGS's fanbase) really like the direction V will take - more mainstream and appealing. Now if you compare gameplay of V and 3 and 4, it just resembles the previous games but the stealth is not at all the same experience. (Probably)

roostersrule2
09-07-2013, 04:33 PM
You should definitely play Mass Effect, they're all amazing games. Truly brilliant in every way.

DavidPage
09-07-2013, 04:35 PM
Also, no one mentioned GTA. Really? I don't know about you guys but the fact that in less than two weeks I will be playing GTA V makes me hyping all day long every day which actually only one other game did and that was because I had a very different picture of it - Assassin's Creed III.

roostersrule2
09-07-2013, 04:38 PM
Also, no one mentioned GTA. Really? I don't know about you guys but the fact that in less than two weeks I will be playing GTA V makes me hyping all day long every day which actually only one other game did and that was because I had a very different picture of it - Assassin's Creed III.Indeed, GTA V will not disappoint like AC3 did though, simply because R* wouldn't release it if it was ****.

DavidPage
09-07-2013, 04:39 PM
You should definitely play Mass Effect, they're all amazing games. Truly brilliant in every way.

I was actually thinking of buying the trilogy pack these days as the next one (can't call it 4) will be on Frostbite 3 which for me makes it a 99% instabuy. But then I checked out the gameplay on youtube and it seemed to me as a very generic third person shooter.

DavidPage
09-07-2013, 04:43 PM
Indeed, GTA V will not disappoint like AC3 did though, simply because R* wouldn't release it if it was ****.

Yeah well RDR still makes me marvel at the mornings in Nuevo Paraiso and it still has my attention and imagination captured. I play it and I LOVE the gameplay and feeling. If anyone has it do this, go somewhere under Rathskeller Fork and around Gaptooth Ridge and get off your horse and just walk. Not run. Walk. I did it a couple of times and it. was. epic. Night or day. EPIC!

SixKeys
09-07-2013, 04:47 PM
Mass Effect isn't really my type of game, but I still think it's a strong contender for game series of the decade, simply because the amount of effort put into writing for all the different characters and scenarios is mind-blowing. Your relationship with your crew, allies, enemies, romances and even the lives and deaths of your friends are almost entirely dependent on your choices. The same game can be an entirely different experience for two different players from beginning to end. The third game kind of dropped the ball at the end, but otherwise the complex writing alone deserves recognition IMO.

DavidPage
09-07-2013, 04:50 PM
But how is it that thirds in everything (movie franchises, game franchises) are initially extra hyped and then they turn out disappointing?

pirate1802
09-07-2013, 04:59 PM
Mass Effect isn't really my type of game, but I still think it's a strong contender for game series of the decade, simply because the amount of effort put into writing for all the different characters and scenarios is mind-blowing. Your relationship with your crew, allies, enemies, romances and even the lives and deaths of your friends are almost entirely dependent on your choices. The same game can be an entirely different experience for two different players from beginning to end. The third game kind of dropped the ball at the end, but otherwise the complex writing alone deserves recognition IMO.

Agreed totally.

poptartz20
09-07-2013, 05:09 PM
Urgh... lol. after much conflict. I decided since it was so close I went ahead and made an account I'll never use again just to vote. haha.

you're welcome AC. now get out my faaace! :cool:

pirate1802
09-07-2013, 05:18 PM
Urgh... lol. after much conflict. I decided since it was so close I went ahead and made an account I'll never use again just to vote. haha.

you're welcome AC. now get out my faaace! :cool:

Edward is proud of ya salty dawg.

(technically not a dog but dont wanna get into trouble).

DavidPage
09-07-2013, 05:20 PM
YAY! AC is .2 ahead!

DavidPage
09-07-2013, 05:22 PM
So it will probably be AC vs TES which I think AC will win although it will be a close call. And the other one will be Mass Effect vs GTA which we know the winner regardless of the fans' allegiance (wtf) and then the final I've been telling you about: ASSASSIN'S CREED VS GRAND THEFT AUTO! A pointless one that is.

DavidPage
09-07-2013, 05:29 PM
The only thing that I can't get over is the fact that Zelda beat RDR... HOW??? WHY??? At least the wound is a bit remedied when I see that Call of Duty got beaten by Max Payne and that Battlefield got dropped one round after CoD. (I really don't like the devs of CoD, they think too much of themselves but they are only a bunch of tech geeks bragging about dogs we can't even see when we're controlling - long story short, they suck ****). DICE FTW! SWEET REVENGE!

CartopBALTO
09-07-2013, 05:39 PM
I support you!!!!!

DavidPage
09-07-2013, 05:40 PM
I support you!!!!!

Who?

Jexx21
09-07-2013, 06:12 PM
actually the next one is gonna be AC vs ME and GTA vs TES

Imma vote for AC and TES

pirate1802
09-07-2013, 06:25 PM
Lol its coming very close. Wonder if it'll end in a tie :O

Coltillion
09-07-2013, 06:33 PM
Hardly the best series. My bet is TES.

pacmanate
09-07-2013, 06:45 PM
Hardly the best series. My bet is TES.

Tes?

Edit: The Elder Scrolls?

pirate1802
09-07-2013, 06:51 PM
Its 50-50 now again :O

Coltillion
09-07-2013, 06:52 PM
Tes?

Edit: The Elder Scrolls?

Yup.

Stardust235
09-07-2013, 07:06 PM
AC isn't the best franchise of all time, not by a long shot. The best in this list would be GTA -- it even invented the genre AC is based on.
Fallout is better than AC, purely for 1 2 and NV. 3 doesn't resemble the series in the slightest bit.

ze_topazio
09-07-2013, 07:08 PM
As for Metal Gear Solid (I don't wanna offend anyone nor start fanboy wars). Can the games be really called masterpieces? (Let's not include Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 as they were out of this decade however you wanna look at it - the decade I mean/2000-10 or 2003 2013)

Yes they can, especially MGS3 in my opinion.

I (as opposed to the majority of MGS's fanbase) really like the direction V will take - more mainstream and appealing. Now if you compare gameplay of V and 3 and 4, it just resembles the previous games but the stealth is not at all the same experience. (Probably)

What do you mean? fans are totally excited with V.

The only thing that I can't get over is the fact that Zelda beat RDR... HOW??? WHY???

Because Zelda is great, besides the Red Dead series so far as only given us a average TPS and the masterpiece that is RDR, there have been many more Zeldas in the past 10 years.

Xbon1
09-07-2013, 07:15 PM
AC is okay, but it's not the greatest game series, that's just silly. GTA series for example is far superior.

Stardust235
09-07-2013, 07:18 PM
Because Zelda is great, besides the Red Dead series so far as only given us a average TPS and the masterpiece that is RDR, there have been many more Zeldas in the past 10 years.
RDR is nothing like an average tps.

pacmanate
09-07-2013, 07:21 PM
AC isn't the best franchise of all time, not by a long shot. The best in this list would be GTA -- it even invented the genre AC is based on.
Fallout is better than AC, purely for 1 2 and NV. 3 doesn't resemble the series in the slightest bit.

No one said of all time.

Stardust235
09-07-2013, 07:23 PM
No one said of all time.
Decade, all time, 5 years, AC still isn't the best franchise.

DavidPage
09-07-2013, 07:25 PM
Yes they can, especially MGS3 in my opinion.

Well ok then...

What do you mean? fans are totally excited with V.

I don't know, I just read a couple of times that people don't like the fact that it starts to resemble mainstream action games and that the focus has changed from pure MGS to more Splinter Cell style.

RDR is enough for three games! And who plays Zelda anymore? Seriously, no offence to any fan of Zelda, but I haven't seen Zelda being a hit in years!

DavidPage
09-07-2013, 07:28 PM

I actually don't think anyone thinks of AC as better franchise than GTA... But Fallout 1 and 2 came out before 2000 and can't be really considered the same thing as 3 and NV (maybe thematically but in any other way no) so 3 and NV aren't really better than the whole AC franchise (main series, spin offs, other media).

DavidPage
09-07-2013, 07:30 PM
actually the next one is gonna be AC vs ME and GTA vs TES

Imma vote for AC and TES

Yeah sorry I was looking at the charts in god knows what way!

Jexx21
09-07-2013, 07:31 PM
I think of AC as a better franchise than GTA.

Of course, GTA isn't even one of my favorite game series.

Stardust235
09-07-2013, 07:32 PM
I actually don't think anyone thinks of AC as better franchise than GTA... But Fallout 1 and 2 came out before 2000 and can't be really considered the same thing as 3 and NV (maybe thematically but in any other way no) so 3 and NV aren't really better than the whole AC franchise (main series, spin offs, other media).
Yeah, I didn't realize that it was "decade" at first. AC is better than 3 and NV.

DavidPage
09-07-2013, 07:34 PM

A shame really... You won't enjoy V as much as I will. I feel sorry for you.

Stardust235
09-07-2013, 07:34 PM

I suggest you play the older GTAs, not IV. All the others have an amazing charm with it's humorous characters, satirical world, incredible soundtrack, incredible maps, detail, story, dialogue, so forth. IV took this all out in an attempt to make it more like the classic crime film.
V can possibly be the best game ever, seriously. They haven't even revealed 5% of the game and everything about it is amazing. Go watch the gameplay trailer for it on youtube.

adventurewomen
09-07-2013, 08:11 PM
GTA series are on their own level, I just prefer AC games.

GTA IV wasn't great, I preferred GTA San Andreas. I only liked TBoGT episode of GTA IV.

ze_topazio
09-07-2013, 08:15 PM
RDR is nothing like an average tps.

I'm talking about Red Dead Revolver.

And who plays Zelda anymore? Seriously, no offence to any fan of Zelda, but I haven't seen Zelda being a hit in years!

You don't like Zelda, that's fine, but don't make absurd claims like that, all Zeldas that came out in the past 10 years were well received by the critic and sold very well.

DavidPage
09-07-2013, 08:22 PM
You don't like Zelda, that's fine, but don't make absurd claims like that, all Zeldas that came out in the past 10 years were well received by the critic and sold very well.

Hey man, I didn't say I don't like Zelda! To tell you the truth I haven't even played it! But seriously, I haven't heard or read too much about Zelda in years! And I read extensively! The only one I read about recently is Wind Waker because of comparisons with Black Flag when Ash gets asked... And yes maybe you like it and there are many fans and maybe it actually IS popular in recent years, but it certainly isn't GOTD... Against AC, GTA, hell even Mass Effect (which I said earlier that I haven't played) it's not.

Jexx21
09-07-2013, 08:22 PM
I suggest you play the older GTAs, not IV. All the others have an amazing charm with it's humorous characters, satirical world, incredible soundtrack, incredible maps, detail, story, dialogue, so forth. IV took this all out in an attempt to make it more like the classic crime film.
V can possibly be the best game ever, seriously. They haven't even revealed 5% of the game and everything about it is amazing. Go watch the gameplay trailer for it on youtube.
The satirical world was one of the things I didn't like about it.

They haven't revealed 5% of the game yet? So people are saying that 100% of the game will be absolutely amazing based on less than 5% of the game? that's smart

GTA is an over-rated game where most just kill innocent people for ****s and giggles.

DavidPage
09-07-2013, 08:28 PM
The satirical world was one of the things I didn't like about it.

They haven't revealed 5% of the game yet? So people are saying that 100% of the game will be absolutely amazing based on less than 5% of the game? that's smart

GTA is an over-rated game where most just kill innocent people for ****s and giggles.

Well... No man... That's only the basic stuff. GTA is an experience. It's RDR but modern and a little satire and fun added. But if you don't like it's fine!... You don't have to! I don't like CoD! Everyone can have an opinion (EXCEPT the stupid people - they are influential and have evil intentions).

I-Like-Pie45
09-07-2013, 08:28 PM
There is no such thing as innocence or evil It's all a matter of perspective.

Besides, from a religious viewpoint, when you go on rampages in GTA you are helping them get to heaven faster

DavidPage
09-07-2013, 08:31 PM
There is no such thing as innocence or evil It's all a matter of perspective.

Besides, from a religious viewpoint, when you go on rampages in GTA you are helping them get to heaven faster

HAHAHAHA! You're crazy!

Jexx21
09-07-2013, 08:32 PM
Well... No man... That's only the basic stuff. GTA is an experience. It's RDR but modern and a little satire and fun added. But if you don't like it's fine!... You don't have to! I don't like CoD! Everyone can have an opinion (EXCEPT the stupid people - they are influential and have evil intentions).

I haven't played RDR because they didn't make a PC version of it.

Seriously, Rockstar as a whole is a pretty over-rated developer.

adventurewomen
09-07-2013, 08:37 PM
I miss the simple days from Ubisoft when Rayman was their top selling game. Nostalgia!

DavidPage
09-07-2013, 08:37 PM

Seriously, Rockstar as a whole is a pretty over-rated developer.

...This is the point where I say you're infinitely wrong... That can't be a gamer's opinion of R*! Either you have played only one GTA (probably the "Stories") OR there is something wrong with the forums and they are misquoting you...

x___Luffy___x
09-07-2013, 08:38 PM

me too. i hope it comes to PC someday.

Jexx21
09-07-2013, 08:39 PM
I only played GTA IV.

I haven't played other Rockstar games, although I want to play LA Noire and RDR.

But GTA looks extremely over-rated to me and I've seen tons of complaints for both LA Noire and RDR.

x___Luffy___x
09-07-2013, 08:40 PM
i love GTA. played everyone of them.

adventurewomen
09-07-2013, 08:40 PM
I've played Red Dead Redemption and L.A. Noire, I liked the experience of those games they were great. :)

pacmanate
09-07-2013, 08:44 PM
Red Dead Redemption is easily one of the best looking/best game this gen. Well on 360 anyway. On PS3 its disgusting.

Jexx21
09-07-2013, 08:45 PM
port it to PC

or imma go watch the movie version of RDR and TLoU on youtube and you get no moneyz

DavidPage
09-07-2013, 08:46 PM
Red Dead Redemption is easily one of the best looking/best game this gen. Well on 360 anyway. On PS3 its disgusting.

I really hope it's sarcasm... It's the same thing just sharper on PS3 (I mean extremely sharp to the point it's annoying).

x___Luffy___x
09-07-2013, 08:46 PM
yes PC version needed to be made of RDR.

DavidPage
09-07-2013, 08:48 PM
I only played GTA IV.

I haven't played other Rockstar games, although I want to play LA Noire and RDR.

But GTA looks extremely over-rated to me and I've seen tons of complaints for both LA Noire and RDR.

Well that's why you think what you think. GTA IV isn't nearly as good of a GTA experience if you haven't played the previous ones! You have to have experienced previous GTA's to get the real feel of it. Because alone GTA IV is just a modern Mafia-like game...

DavidPage
09-07-2013, 08:49 PM
port it to PC

or imma go watch the movie version of RDR and TLoU on youtube and you get no moneyz

The movie version won't do it justice at all. You go buy a PS3 with RDR and TLoU and you'll be in heaven.

Jexx21
09-07-2013, 08:49 PM
Yea, well I'm not playing the older GTAs..

I'll play GTA V eventually.

When all of it's DLC has been released and I can pick up the complete edition for 50% off in a steam sale.

DavidPage
09-07-2013, 08:50 PM
yes PC version needed to be made of RDR.

It's one of the biggest mistakes R* made...

Jexx21
09-07-2013, 08:51 PM
The movie version won't do it justice at all. You go buy a PS3 with RDR and TLoU and you'll be in heaven.

I might buy a PS3 eventually. But that's a while off.

I'll just sit with my PS4 hoping they port some PS3 games to PS4.

x___Luffy___x
09-07-2013, 08:52 PM
It's one of the biggest mistakes R* made...

truly. if they still make it now, it would really sell a lot too.

DavidPage
09-07-2013, 08:53 PM
I might buy a PS3 eventually. But that's a while off.

I'll just sit with my PS4 hoping they port some PS3 games to PS4.

Good thinking. But seriously, do it. Don't consider it. Do it. In a year or two would be great! As for the older GTAs, buy the trilogy pack online (III, Vice City, San Andreas) and there you go! It's just 20 bucks....

DavidPage
09-07-2013, 08:54 PM
truly. if they still make it now, it would really sell a lot too.

They would even surpass IV's sales. Now. 3 years after release.

Jexx21
09-07-2013, 08:55 PM
nah, graphics look horrible.

I'm resistant to bad graphics unless I experienced the game before I would deem the graphics as bad -_-

pacmanate
09-07-2013, 08:55 PM
I really hope it's sarcasm... It's the same thing just sharper on PS3 (I mean extremely sharp to the point it's annoying).

Tell me 360 isnt way clearer. Look at the bar, Marston, grass, horses.

heres the link if you want to see it bigger http://www.videogameszone.de/screenshots/original/2010/05/Red_Dead_Redemption_Screenshot_Vergleich_06.jpg

http://www.videogameszone.de/screenshots/original/2010/05/Red_Dead_Redemption_Screenshot_Vergleich_06.jpg

DavidPage
09-07-2013, 08:56 PM
nah, graphics look horrible.

I'm resistant to bad graphics unless I experienced the game before I would deem the graphics as bad -_-

Well at least San Andreas! It's worth it, trust me! It's GTA V before GTA V! It's a must-have-experienced game!

DavidPage
09-07-2013, 08:58 PM
Tell me 360 isnt way clearer. Look at the bar, Marston, grass, horses.

heres the link if you want to see it bigger http://www.videogameszone.de/screenshots/original/2010/05/Red_Dead_Redemption_Screenshot_Vergleich_06.jpg

http://www.videogameszone.de/screenshots/original/2010/05/Red_Dead_Redemption_Screenshot_Vergleich_06.jpg

That's what I meant. PS3 is sharp in the sense that you can see every pixel in HD. 360 is a bit bland with colors but way clearer. Kinda like a painting.

DavidPage
09-07-2013, 09:00 PM
That's what I meant. PS3 is sharp in the sense that you can see every pixel in HD. 360 is a bit bland with colors but way clearer. Kinda like a painting.

I actually don't give **** about the differences... As long as that morning sun on a rooftop in Mexico gets me, I'm happy with it.

pacmanate
09-07-2013, 09:01 PM

360 one wasnt bland at all. I've played both versions, owned both systems. In this picture its just lighting

Jexx21
09-07-2013, 09:02 PM
what's with the FOV being smaller on the PS3 version? Also the black lady has different hairstyles in the screens.

x___Luffy___x
09-07-2013, 09:02 PM
They would even surpass IV's sales. Now. 3 years after release.

yeah its a shame they didn't make it. i remember seeing a lot of petitions for it too.

DavidPage
09-07-2013, 09:05 PM
360 one wasnt bland at all. I've played both versions, owned both systems. In this picture its just lighting

Well I'm saying that based on many gameplay videos on youtube. I haven't played the 360 version. It just seemed to me that way. The only thing that I'm sure of is that the pixels are not visible on 360. At least not that much.

Jexx21
09-07-2013, 09:07 PM
it's the different FOV. the PS3 one is smaller for some reason.

DavidPage
09-07-2013, 09:10 PM
it's the different FOV. the PS3 one is smaller for some reason.

I don't know...

pacmanate
09-07-2013, 09:11 PM
btw i dont really care either I was just saying. Thats the reason I bought the 360 version anyway.

adventurewomen
09-07-2013, 09:12 PM
I liked Max Payne 3 Rockstar revived the series. :)

DavidPage
09-07-2013, 09:12 PM
btw i dont really care either I was just saying. Thats the reason I bought the 360 version anyway.

If I were you I would have bought the PS3 one. I like the box better.

pacmanate
09-07-2013, 09:17 PM
If I were you I would have bought the PS3 one. I like the box better.

what box?

x___Luffy___x
09-07-2013, 09:21 PM
I liked Max Payne 3 Rockstar revived the series. :)

max payne 3 was awesome. the only thing that gave me headaches were the cutscenes in it. so glitchy effects.

Shahkulu101
09-07-2013, 09:24 PM
RDR's repetitive and has a corny story with a dull, generic set of characters.

DavidPage
09-07-2013, 09:26 PM
what box?

The Box man! Didn't you know about the Box? No I'm kidding, I mean the PS3 box. The box that holds the game you know? I like the design better. And I was just saying that out of boredom.

DavidPage
09-07-2013, 09:27 PM
And ever since the PS3 logo redesign it got better.

pacmanate
09-07-2013, 09:30 PM
And ever since the PS3 logo redesign it got better.

This made me lol :P

adventurewomen
09-07-2013, 09:32 PM
Well at least San Andreas! It's worth it, trust me! It's GTA V before GTA V! It's a must-have-experienced game!
The graphics of San Andreas were really of it's time! I played the game in 2005 the graphics back then were decent.

DavidPage
09-07-2013, 09:36 PM
This made me lol :P

Why? I was serious. But now I'm not.

pacmanate
09-07-2013, 09:38 PM
Why? I was serious. But now I'm not.

Just how you added it into a second post haha

DavidPage
09-07-2013, 09:42 PM
Now that I think of it... What is the actual feeling of Mass Effect? Like, is it like Star Wars? More like UFO stuff? Dead Space style?

DavidPage
09-07-2013, 09:45 PM
Also, Fallout beat AC?? Come on!

DavidPage
09-07-2013, 09:46 PM
Well at least we know GTA is gonna win...

Stardust235
09-07-2013, 09:56 PM
I only played GTA IV.

There it is.
GTA IV was the worst in the series.
You need to play the other GTAs to really understand what it's about. LA Noire wasn't by rockstar (just published) and RDR was by rockstar san diego, not north (developer of GTA). It's not a game where you kill people for ****s and giggles -- each one has an extremely good story.

Stardust235
09-07-2013, 09:59 PM
RDR's repetitive and has a corny story with a dull, generic set of characters.
No it doesn't -- you need to stop judging games without having played them. RDR has one of the best stories ever seen in a game. People to this day even debate who the true villain of the game is.
Rockstar gets lots of flak from people who've only played GTA IV and base their opinion of every game by that company just from that game. Rockstar north themselves were even embarrased with IV.

Jexx21
09-07-2013, 10:02 PM
There it is.
GTA IV was the worst in the series.
You need to play the other GTAs to really understand what it's about. LA Noire wasn't by rockstar (just published) and RDR was by rockstar san diego, not north (developer of GTA). It's not a game where you kill people for ****s and giggles -- each one has an extremely good story.

I never said the story was about killing people. But that's why people play the game.

Shahkulu101
09-07-2013, 10:04 PM
No it doesn't -- you need to stop judging games without having played them. RDR has one of the best stories ever seen in a game. People to this day even debate who the true villain of the game is.
Rockstar gets lots of flak from people who've only played GTA IV and base their opinion of every game by that company just from that game. Rockstar north themselves were even embarrased with IV.

It's clearly John -- once a murdering gangster, always a murdering gangster. To be honest their pretty much all villains.

pacmanate
09-07-2013, 10:09 PM
It's clearly John -- once a murdering gangster, always a murdering gangster. To be honest their pretty much all villains.

Actually John stopped that for years, hence why he had a farm. Its those governement people that made him do it again and they had great leverage over him (avoiding spoilers).

Did you even play the game?

Stardust235
09-07-2013, 10:10 PM
I never said the story was about killing people. But that's why people play the game.
In that case, why did me and everyone I know who plays GTA got into it for the story?

Stardust235
09-07-2013, 10:12 PM
No, most of the characters are morally grey. I like to argue the only good people in the game are John and his wife (Jack later becomes corrupt) and the only villain is Nate Johns. The government is the one that forces John to go back into killing people, and instead of refusing to do it he knows he has no choice other than to do it otherwise his family will be taken away. So he decides to just get it done as quick as possible and without associating himself with too many people.

roostersrule2
09-07-2013, 10:51 PM
I only played GTA IV.

But GTA looks extremely over-rated to me and I've seen tons of complaints for both LA Noire and RDR.To you only.

The only complaint I ever see with LA Noire is that it's repetitive but I never thought so and I never see complaints for RDR, ever.

Shahkulu101
09-07-2013, 10:58 PM
Actually John stopped that for years, hence why he had a farm. Its those governement people that made him do it again and they had great leverage over him (avoiding spoilers).

Did you even play the game?

No.

pirate1802
09-08-2013, 03:12 AM
AC lost, by 0.1% votes. :'(

roostersrule2
09-08-2013, 04:38 AM
AC lost, by 0.1% votes. :'(It had a fallout.

pirate1802
09-08-2013, 04:47 AM
It had a fallout.

I had my victory speech ready incase AC won :'(

roostersrule2
09-08-2013, 04:53 AM
I had my victory speech ready incase AC won :'(Did it include the words tomorrow or plantation?

Jexx21
09-08-2013, 05:15 AM
Supernatural should win.

roostersrule2
09-08-2013, 05:18 AM
Supernatural should win.Breaking Bad>Supernatural

Jexx21
09-08-2013, 05:22 AM
I agree. Breaking Bad is better than Supernatural.

roostersrule2
09-08-2013, 05:26 AM
I agree. Breaking Bad is better than Supernatural.Lost and Touch>Breaking Bad

Jexx21
09-08-2013, 05:34 AM
never saw it.

roostersrule2
09-08-2013, 05:43 AM
never saw it.Good they both suck. Breaking Bad's first ever line beats both of them shows whole series's combined.

pirate1802
09-08-2013, 06:37 AM
Did it include the words tomorrow or plantation?

No it involved the falling out of fallout.

roostersrule2
09-08-2013, 06:41 AM
No it involved the falling out of fallout.Well that's not good enough.

pirate1802
09-08-2013, 06:45 AM
Well that's not good enough.

Anything is good enough with a pair of cool shades and a cigar.

roostersrule2
09-08-2013, 06:45 AM
Anything is good enough with a pair of cool shades and a cigar.What about being against those things and wearing them at the same time?

pirate1802
09-08-2013, 06:46 AM
What about being against those things and wearing them at the same time?

then you become twoface.

roostersrule2
09-08-2013, 06:50 AM
then you become twoface.http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081216034229/batman/images/4/44/Two-Face.JPG

pirate1802
09-08-2013, 06:51 AM
..Or you become Winston Smith (if you get my drift :P)

roostersrule2
09-08-2013, 06:54 AM
..Or you become Winston Smith (if you get my drift :P)No I do not.

Shahkulu101
09-08-2013, 12:07 PM
AC lost, by 0.1% votes. :'(

And it would've won if people like me could be bothered creating an account.

pirate1802
09-08-2013, 03:41 PM
And it would've won if people like me could be bothered creating an account.

Yeah, heathen.

pacmanate
09-08-2013, 04:43 PM
Yeah, heathen.

Hey. I'm a heathen too.

I dont get these voting things though, they are stupid. It should just be a simple click but making an account for one thing? Not to mention the emails you get from them. I guess they do it so the same person doesnt keep voting over and over but it doesnt really stop it either way.

pirate1802
09-08-2013, 04:53 PM
The blood of our beloved franchise is on you hands too, pacman. Feel bad.

Coltillion
09-08-2013, 04:54 PM
I'm glad it lost. After the disasters ACR and AC3, Assassin's Creed doesn't deserve a single thing.
I mean, how can it be called best game series of the decade when it's never won a GoTY?

Shahkulu101
09-08-2013, 04:59 PM
I'm glad it lost. After the disasters ACR and AC3, Assassin's Creed doesn't deserve a single thing.
I mean, how can it be called best game series of the decade when it's never won a GoTY?

AC2 has a GOTY edition actually. Get your facts right before slamming the series.

Oleg l Kirrlov
09-08-2013, 07:08 PM

Wow you are ignorant, you come on the games official forum just to hate on the games you bought and played? GTFO.

Coltillion
09-08-2013, 07:26 PM
AC2 has a GOTY edition actually. Get your facts right before slamming the series.

The best game in the series got GoTY, surprise?

x___Luffy___x
09-08-2013, 07:31 PM

well its your personal opinion if you think that AC2 is the best game in the series. can't prove that.

pirate1802
09-08-2013, 07:33 PM

Must be, since you didn't know AC produced a GoTY.. lol

pacmanate
09-08-2013, 07:33 PM

Doesnt matter. You said none got a GOTY. AC2 did. End of story.

Shahkulu101
09-08-2013, 07:35 PM

No. You must be since you're the bloody one who claimed none of the AC's got GOTY.

pirate1802
09-09-2013, 04:23 AM
lol wow 4 straight quotes of the same post!

I-Like-Pie45
09-09-2013, 04:26 AM
Gone again?

That was quickly.

pirate1802
09-09-2013, 04:28 AM
Gone again?

That was quickly.

lmfao! Didn't notice that. hahahaha