PDA

View Full Version : How to clear a default key command from control setup?

d.burnette
09-04-2013, 11:22 PM
Hey gang,

Has been a long time since I have been around. I have CLoD installed but have never really gotten into it like I did IL2. I still have my 1946 installation, and have gotten motivated to get back into it as it has been too long.
The first thing I have done is updated it to the latest version 4.12.1

Now, I need to set up a profile and/or assign commands from within the sim, for new TM Warthog setup. I could do so in the Target software, and probably that would be easiest way for me, but also wanted to look at assigning them within the sim.
I have been playing around in there, and one thing I am somewhat puzzled by, in the commands where there is a default key command already assigned, is it not possible to clear that key command and have it blank?
Like if a command has the g key for instance, and I go in and select that box, and then press a button on my joystick, it then shows that button assigned but also the same g key assigned. Is this correct?

It has been several years since I have worked with IL2 controller setup, I am older and my memory ain't what it used to be...

Thanks for any advice,

Tully__
09-05-2013, 12:26 PM
It's working as intended, the game has always been able to store up to two alternate key or button assignments for each command. If you want to clear a default one, assign a key from another command twice, then assign it back where it belongs. For the example you gave, to clear the default "g" from the toggle landing gear control when no other assignments have been made, you could
assign toggle landing gear to "U" (Padlock Next by default)
assign U a second time to toggle landing gear (this will clear the original "G" assignment)
assign U back to its original control Padlock Next - this will leave "Toggle Landing Gear" clear of assignments.

In your case, since you've already assigned a joystick button you would only need to assign another key once to get rid of the original keyboard assignment.

Bearcat99
09-19-2013, 03:21 AM
I clear out all un assigned keys to prevent random actions from going off and to free up any keys that are not being used so that I can assign them to something. I have about 90% of the assignments in IL2 assigned to something.. even ones that I rarely use.