PDA

View Full Version : Cinematic Opening/Recap in AC4?

jd55513
09-03-2013, 09:38 PM
In AC4 it appears that no questions have been offered as to if they will have a cinematic opening/recap like they have done in the previous games
My question is, do you think there needs to be a cinematic opening/recap? Does it affect the new players at all?
The developers have stated, that Edward is an important ancestor to Desmond and he does something that will change everything.
Does this revelation need the premise and details of other assassin games?

Post your thought/theories

Also, describe what you would like to see IF there is an cinematic opening/recap

Update: Added a poll, now that most of you expressed a opinion we can see the majority of the discussion.

LoyalACFan
09-03-2013, 09:42 PM
There will probably be a brief recap. The question is, how will it be delivered? Every character who would have had access to Desmond's life story and Animus adventures is either dead or out of the picture.

Gregolian
09-03-2013, 09:50 PM
I highly suspect the recap will be done by Juno.

ArabianFrost
09-03-2013, 09:51 PM
I speculate AC3MP style erudito hack videos with the creepy red filter and scary voice over.

LieutenantJojo
09-03-2013, 09:52 PM
Well, I think it'll probably have something to do with Abstergo Entertainment. Maybe some kind of commercial?

Jexx21
09-03-2013, 09:53 PM
AC3 didn't have the typical recap.

I don't think there will be a recap for AC4, seeing as it's not continuing an old plotline.

jd55513
09-03-2013, 09:54 PM
I speculate AC3MP style erudito hack videos with the creepy red filter and scary voice over.

Erudito depends because, if according to all the interviews and details leaked the modern day story is relevant but not as big as AC3 plot, so Eruidito is for the hardcore fans that play multiplayer etc.

Personally i would love Erudito or maybe a Absergo employer

Farlander1991
09-03-2013, 09:54 PM
Erudito hack of Abstergo Entertainment footage is probably the best bet. I mean, Abstergo can't openly advertise all what happened, we don't know yet almost anything about the war between Assassins and Templars, and there isn't anybody else who can do this.

Was thinking about some kind of a 'briefing for the new employee', but that works just for explaining the concept of the Animus and stuff, not what happened in AC1-AC3.

Of course, they could also just go with a 'Previously on...' route.

Jexx21
09-03-2013, 09:58 PM
Actually, having the introduction being a new employee briefing video that then gets hacked by Erudito would be pretty cool.

Jexx21
09-03-2013, 10:00 PM
Because the modern-day protagonist ("us") of AC4 is the same guy ("us") who played AC3 MP and AC: Liberation and got to Level 50 in MP (the reason why Abstergo hired us, we have 100% "synergy" with the Animus) and unlocked all of the Erudito hacks in MP and Liberation. We already know about Erudito. Erudito is interested in "us" for some reason.

ArabianFrost
09-03-2013, 10:07 PM
Because the modern-day protagonist ("us") of AC4 is the same guy ("us") who played AC3 MP and AC: Liberation and got to Level 50 in MP (the reason why Abstergo hired us, we have 100% "synergy" with the Animus) and unlocked all of the Erudito hacks in MP and Liberation. We already know about Erudito. Erudito is interested in "us" for some reason.

Erudito is just a lonely guy with a messed up sense of humour looking for friends.

In reality though, I'm really interested to see what his role is in this since he (them) prefer to not take sides. Maybe he'll start a mutiny in Abstergo or something? I don't know. I'm really excited to see where his arc goes, I just hope it won't be as disappointing as the explanation for the truth.

LoyalACFan
09-03-2013, 10:07 PM

All true. I never got close to finishing the MP, so I'm not really privy to that information, but Erudito could be a big player in AC4.

jd55513
09-03-2013, 10:08 PM
Actually, having the introduction being a new employee briefing video that then gets hacked by Erudito would be pretty cool.Hopefully that's what they use, or maybe the one guy from Ac Initiates(the surveillance guy) rumored to be the new protagonist(before AC4

Jexx21
09-03-2013, 10:10 PM
Juhani Otso Berg? I still think he'll become the new modern-day protagonist. I think "we're" just the new modern day protagonist for AC4 and possibly another game.

jd55513
09-03-2013, 10:13 PM
Juhani Otso Berg? I still think he'll become the new modern-day protagonist. I think "we're" just the new modern day protagonist for AC4 and possibly another game.

He might be introduced to us hardcore fans, either through the side quest or the multiplayer story(if its a continuation of AC3)

SixKeys
09-03-2013, 10:15 PM
Would be interesting if the recap was similar to the intro to AC: Liberation. Basically an ad for Abstergo Entertainment talking about the Animus and how great it is and how it allows you to explore people's memories. Since we're working at Abstergo now, it would be a good intro for an employee who starts out working for what they think is a normal company and also explain things to new players just enough.

LoyalACFan
09-03-2013, 10:19 PM

I'd be fine if "I" remained the modern protagonist indefinitely. After the crushing disappointment of Desmond's AC3 missions, I'm totally not on board with any sort of traditional AC gameplay in the present. Keep it first-person and optional.

Jexx21
09-03-2013, 10:26 PM
In my opinion, AC still needs to tackle a free-roam modern-day city in AC that isn't just a rip of previous assets.

LoyalACFan
09-03-2013, 10:34 PM
In my opinion, AC still needs to tackle a free-roam modern-day city in AC that isn't just a rip of previous assets.

I disagree, keep that for Watch_Dogs which is already built for modern-day gameplay, instead of retailoring Animus gameplay to fit modern cities.

Gregolian
09-03-2013, 10:35 PM
This is what I picture when I picture that Edurito guy:
http://randomgeekings.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/laughing_man_by_thooley.jpg

adventurewomen
09-03-2013, 10:40 PM
This is what I picture when I picture that Edurito guy:

What the hell?

Crouching.Tiger
09-03-2013, 10:45 PM
AC3 didn't have the typical recap.

Yes it had. The only real difference between that one and the previous ones was that it was narrated by William.

I think this one might be an Abstergo "infomercial" which just explains the feud between Assassins and Templars, and what the Animus is and how it works. It's probably gonna be illustrated with pictures from previous games, just like the earlier ones.

TheDanteEX
09-03-2013, 10:51 PM
Yeah, I'm leaning on the Abstergo promotion side. There's really no reason to mention Desmond in the recap. If the player has played AC3, you know what happened. If they didn't, it'll just leave these new players feeling confused and lost. An introduction to the Animus machine just clarifies everything the player needs to know and through the modern-day plot, they can find out more.

dxsxhxcx
09-03-2013, 10:56 PM
like many already said, I hope they find a way to put Erudito in AC4, I don't know if our character will speak in the game but it would be nice if during this opening cinematic/recap they give us hints that Erudito was the one doing it and then at the end of the game our character speak (for the first time) and we realize that "we" (the player) were Erudito the whole time during the game, and then in the next games when we'll (supposedly) control a new main protagonist like Desmond, they give us the ability to interact with this new protagonist in the game assuming the role of Erudito

Gregolian
09-03-2013, 11:09 PM
What the hell?
The "Laughing Man" from Ghost in the Shell. Hacker dude that hacks into national broadcasts and stuff to "speak the truth" or some such thing.

ze_topazio
09-03-2013, 11:39 PM
I don't think there's any need for a recap, AC3 had one because it was the final game of a story arc.

Shahkulu101
09-03-2013, 11:44 PM
I've always thought Erudito is a collective group of hackers. It would make a lot more sense in my opinion 'cause Erudito can access all kinds of Abstergo data with absolute ease -- one guy doing that would be a little too far fetched.

Also, I do wonder if we'll ever see or hear of Shaun, Rebecca, William and perhaps Gavin in AC4.

jd55513
09-04-2013, 12:03 AM
I don't think there's any need for a recap, AC3 had one because it was the final game of a story arc.

Still, even if AC4 can stand on its own with out Desmond, new players might still need a recap on what transpired with the grand temple and release of Juno. Unless the game is not a major significant modern day story game. also they have to bring to light Erudito and ostoberg from AC initiates somehow, just like they brought in Daniel Cross for us hardcore fans

dxsxhxcx
09-04-2013, 12:33 AM
"No, AC4 is a original game that ignores the Desmond Trilogy and focuses on the new Canon"

this option scares the hell out of me...:(

Jexx21
09-04-2013, 12:35 AM
there was a poll in this topic? o.O

dxsxhxcx
09-04-2013, 12:37 AM

no

jd55513
09-04-2013, 12:47 AM

Haha lol, yeah i added one seeing how good and creative, the forums theories and memorization skills:P

BATISTABUS
09-04-2013, 12:59 AM
"No, AC4 is a original game that ignores the Desmond Trilogy and focuses on the new Canon"

I do not think that this game needs a recap like the previous ones, but I don't think this statement is accurate. It doesn't ignore the Desmond trilogy...it just doesn't focus on Desmond. "New canon" implies something like a remake, which this certainly isn't. That may have been what you meant, but I just figured I'd say it anyway.

Templar_Az
09-04-2013, 01:10 AM
The recap could be done by a voice from the Animus or a worker at Abstergo (I imagine a Woman's voice). The recap itself will talk about the previous memories that were accessed so Altair, Ezio, Con...(forgot his name, not important).

Jexx21
09-04-2013, 01:11 AM
..Connor..

jd55513
09-04-2013, 01:54 AM

I do not think that this game needs a recap like the previous ones, but I don't think this statement is accurate. It doesn't ignore the Desmond trilogy...it just doesn't focus on Desmond. "New canon" implies something like a remake, which this certainly isn't. That may have been what you meant, but I just figured I'd say it anyway.

Sorry if i may have confused some people i meant, that the new plot doesn't revolve around Desmond trilogy only on Abstergo and Juno

jd55513
09-04-2013, 01:58 AM
Juno narrating would be cool too, but considering the new players and stuff, i guess it would be spoilers.