PDA

View Full Version : Future Fem Assassin Background Template

Syler99
09-03-2013, 02:47 AM
There has been some talk from posters and Ubi both saying how a female assassin could/should happen, you'll have to do some research if you don't know of any off the top of your head but let's post some women fighter/soldiers/warriors who could actually make sense for a template build for a future fem hero. I've pick out a few that could work as a basic background obviously Ubi would make some changes like they did with Ezio's background the point is they're starting lines or spring boards to use to make a more compelling lead.

The Trung Sisters - Two sisters who fought against Chinese oppression of their people. They raised an army of 80,000 men and women they also appointed 36 women generals so Ubi could take their pick on where this fem lead should start out in this set up. Ubi could craft a story from either girl - http://www.distinguishedwomen.com/biographies/trung.html

Phung Thi Chinh - Before fighting with the sisters above she was her own commander. When she was young and living in a village with her parents (she wasn't noble) she was due to be married into a harem but due to the male's family protesting of her, her family was killed and she went into hiding. She eventually established a town and made it her command center preparing for war with her army for 10 years. When the sisters rebelled she took her army to them to fight liberating 65 cites from the Chinese. The night of her death she gave birth, strapped the baby to her back and kept fighting, later as the battle was turning her, the sisters, and other soldiers drowned themselves to prevent from being captured.

Amage (4th Centry Sarmatian Queen ) When a Scythian Prince attacked her territories she took 120 warriors with her to Scythia where she killed the prince's family, warriors, friends, and eventually him she beat him in a duel. This one is so vague there is no other back story I can get but vague can also be good use her basic story and have her kill the villain very easy and the motivations are commonly used already in gaming aka save my town/village/country

We can all say Joan of Arc but they could use her visions as an excuse to place her in the role to end the war. I mean they already have rewritten the Templars into a power hungry world dominating group so them saying she's perfectly fine but was given a grand cover story to fulfill her mission to install a new King wouldn't be too hard for Ubi to do. There is also a neat addition to her tale after Joan is burned her two brothers run around for many years with a look alike claiming she is the escaped Joan and they make lots of money off of this Ubi could use this in a new way claiming the fem hero assassin got free then they executed someone else in her stead that is if Ubi even wanted to make a continuation for her story.

Jexx21
09-03-2013, 02:54 AM
the main characters in this series are never based off of historical people or even mythological people

They had a chance to do that with Connor being Charles Lee's bastard son but that didn't happen.

LoyalACFan
09-03-2013, 02:58 AM
They've already set up the perfect female protagonist- Shao Jun. Many fans have been clamoring for both a female protagonist in a main game and an Oriental setting, so I think they'd be silly to pass on an opportunity like that. Not to mention the ongoing mystery of Ezio's box.

LoyalACFan
09-03-2013, 03:00 AM
the main characters in this series are never based off of historical people or even mythological people

They had a chance to do that with Connor being Charles Lee's bastard son but that didn't happen.

Lol yeah, and they made Charles Lee racist against Mohawks when he freaking married one...

I don't want to get into my issues with Charles Lee's depiction again though.

Jexx21
09-03-2013, 03:11 AM
He didn't marry one, he just had two sons with one (possibly twins).

EDIT: nvm, was wrong, sorry

Jexx21
09-03-2013, 03:14 AM
Lol yeah, and they made Charles Lee racist against Mohawks when he freaking married one...

I don't want to get into my issues with Charles Lee's depiction again though.

On a side note, AC obviously doesn't try to be completely historically accurate. It was mentioned once that Abstergo does rewrite the history books as well. It's possible, that for all intents and purposes, they would have confused certain details of Haytham and Charles, since they were pretty much best buds.

LoyalACFan
09-03-2013, 09:35 PM
On a side note, AC obviously doesn't try to be completely historically accurate. It was mentioned once that Abstergo does rewrite the history books as well. It's possible, that for all intents and purposes, they would have confused certain details of Haytham and Charles, since they were pretty much best buds.

True, but it was a poor choice to write out Lee's singular character trait that related DIRECTLY to the protagonist. It could have made an interesting plot, but instead Lee turned out to be the most generic Templar in the game.

Jexx21
09-03-2013, 09:56 PM
I hope by generic you mean like the Templars of AC2 and ACB.

Assassin_M
09-03-2013, 10:00 PM
I hope by generic you mean like the Templars of AC2 and ACB.
I'd say Lee was better than all of the Templars in 2 and B

at least he died like a man, sharing a drink with his would be killer..

Jexx21
09-03-2013, 10:02 PM
Yea, well he didn't exactly reveal his motives for turning Connor's village against Connor and the colonists and then telling Connor he was gonna kill everyone he cared about. That's Cesare stuff right there.

Yea, his death scene was better than AC2 or ACB templars, but his motives were probably like those of AC2 and ACB.

Farlander1991
09-03-2013, 10:11 PM
Yea, well he didn't exactly reveal his motives for turning Connor's village against Connor and the colonists and then telling Connor he was gonna kill everyone he cared about. That's Cesare stuff right there.

Actually it's not Cesare stuff.
Turning Connor's village against Connor and the colonists - he needed Connor out of the picture plus more trouble for the colonists so Washington could be taken down (let's not forget that he rode to Monmouth after that to make sure the colonist defence would fail).
And regarding killing everybody Connor cared about - Charles was pissed. It was Haytham's funeral, somebody he looked up to ever since Haytham's arrival (well, I know in Forsaken they had some issues, but I'm not taking that into account right now, plus, issues are issues - doesn't mean the person doesn't care), plus Haytham sacrificed himself to save Charles' life. That would make a person pretty angry.
Makes sense to me.

LoyalACFan
09-03-2013, 10:12 PM
I mean "generic" in that he was just sort of... there. Haytham was the ultimate representation of the Templar ideology, and each of the other Templars had their own personal outlooks as well. Lee just served as a plot device to make Connor hate the Templars. Typical snide, cheesy supervillain. Not quite as cheesy as Cesare, but cut from the same cloth.

ladyleonhart
09-03-2013, 10:15 PM
I mean "generic" in that he was just sort of... there. Haytham was the ultimate representation of the Templar ideology, and each of the other Templars had their own personal outlooks as well. Lee just served as a plot device to make Connor hate the Templars. Typical snide, cheesy supervillain. Not quite as cheesy as Cesare, but cut from the same cloth.

Lol, you mean cut from the same cheesecloth. ;)

LoyalACFan
09-03-2013, 10:20 PM
Lol, you mean cut from the same cheesecloth. ;)

Indeed ;)

Serrachio
09-03-2013, 11:40 PM
Let's not stray from the topic material.

I do agree, Shao Jun and the Oriental setting would be a heavenly match that shouldn't be ignored. With Abstergo's ability to harvest someone's genetic memories and make an entertainment product out of it that's available to the general public, it's not like we need a complicated set-up to it.

After all, it's time they gave a female protagonist a chance at a main console game. The rebooted Lara Croft is a strong female character, and people love Ellie in The Last of Us for her aversion to being an overt damsel in distress, so Ubisoft shouldn't really continue to pander to the generic white (or near-white) male stereotype that's still rife in games. They deviated a little from this with Aveline in Liberation, with her being essentially a half-caste female whose only saving grace in a period of oppression towards women and slavery of black people was a marital arrangement and her father's position amongst the social class due to his successful business, but that was still delegated to a side console and released on the same day as Assassin's Creed III, which left it mostly in the dark, despite its more engaging and personal story.

pirate1802
09-04-2013, 05:43 AM
I'd say Lee was better than all of the Templars in 2 and B

at least he died like a man, sharing a drink with his would be killer..

Agreed.