PDA

View Full Version : Hakeem and Myranda

Aza404
09-02-2013, 02:26 PM
Two for the price of one!
We felt generous this week, and since we wanted to show you 2 Heroes, why not show you a couple!

Myranda is Academy’s very own Champion, but she’s a mage! That’s why she gets 2 schools instead of 1, like the traditional Champions. Plus, her starting stats are 2/1/0 instead of the classic 2/0/1.
She uses Air and Prime to fight on the battleground along with a really neat ability: she can move friendly magic creatures!

Hakeem is the Seeker of Mysteries. Like other Seekers, he doesn’t have any abilities. He uses Dark and Earth magic, which have been known to be really efficient in controlling the board!

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/F2P/MMDOC/Academy/hakeem_myranda.png

Hakeem, Seeker of Mysteries

Faction: Academy
Orders: Council of Nine, House Chimera
Magic Schools: Earth, Dark

Hakeem was born in Al-Rubit of the Seven Cities. He had a particular knack with the manipulation of the life forces of animals and magical beasts. He rose slowly and surely through the ranks of House Chimera, the smallest of the four major Houses, and became one of its most powerful Wizards over a long and steady career of spectacular creations and discoveries.

Early in his career, Hakeem gained fame and fortune overnight by creating a very popular household pet, the Griffbird. Mixing the bloods and spirits of canaries and alley kittens and exposing them to magical radiations created by Dragonblood Crystals, he offered one of the most beautiful and playful domesticated species of its day. Though the race of creatures was not able to reproduce independently, it could be made in sufficient quantities to create a dozen per month that were each suddenly worth a fortune. Not only could the Griffbird catch mice with amazing agility, it also loved to curl up in its owner’s arms, cheeping and purring at the same time.
His initial fortune made, Hakeem lent his curiosity to the building of armies and perfecting the troops of Rakshasas and other Beastmen.
One day, Hakeem had an epiphany observing a colony of ice ants alongside a small stream. He was intrigued how one would sacrifice it brother’s body to cross a river by freezing it so that it would become a part of a frozen bridge. Then that very same ant would become the target of the next ant in line that would freeze it. Once the bridge of living icicles made, eventually twigs and other debris would complete the construction, and a few of the ants would actually be thawed out and survive. Most of them would float away in the current over time and either drown or be eaten by fish or birds. How did they know to do this? Hakeem suddenly realized that they were connected through their blood and minds, unable to distinguish their identities totally the one from the other. This revelation would guide him in his research for the rest of his life, and lead him to become the first Crimson Wizard.

Hakeem had the idea to mix his own blood and life force with the creatures he created and subsequently mix a little of their blood with his own. His goal was to create a magical link, or bond. It worked beyond his wildest dreams. He first linked himself with a Griffbird, and suddenly with a little concentration, could see himself flying through the streets of Al-Rubit, and then as the bird descended, he could see himself through the creature’s eyes as it jumped onto his own shoulder. The bond was much stronger than with that of a regular familiar. In fact Hakeem discovered that the Griffbird was part of himself. There were also drawbacks.
A few weeks later, when the Griffbird was killed by a pair of eagles on a hunting trip, Hakeem fell immediately unconscious and even after waking he couldn’t move for a day. But in spite of his numerous setbacks, Hakeem had discovered the secret of the Crimson Bond, and created a new branch of study within House Chimera. Any Wizard from that day forward who linked himself with a creature or Beastman, be it great or small, was called a Crimson Wizard.

Crimson bonding is a powerful discovery, but not sufficient to restore House Chimera to its previous status. It is considered a dangerous hobby by many and simply a fashion by others. None see its true potential to make loyal and obedient armies. Hakeem needs to be bolder in his experimentation to prove them all wrong…

“If it bleeds it can join you and make you something greater.”

Myranda – Windsword Captain and Blademage of the Forty

Faction: Academy (Windswords)
Orders: Blademage of the Forty (now “training officer” of the player’s Windsword company)
Magic Schools: Prime, Air

Myranda was recruited into the Blademage academy at the age of 8 years and a day. She had been spotted juggling thirteen balls to bemused audiences on a street corner in Al-Jamasht. This was a clear demonstration of that rare combination of natural and magical motor reflexes sought by the Blademage recruiters. Her family of street performers were given a hefty compensation in gold to allow her to serve a nobler cause.

Myranda held the rank of First Blade at twenty-five and was offered a position within the prestigious order of the Forty Blades the next year. Her life now dedicated to the protection of the High Wizards gathered in the Council of the Nine. Myranda’s specific assignment was as the personal bodyguard of High Wizard Hakeem, the leader of House Chimera. Another kind of magic for which there is little protection and no remedy, took ahold of both of them. They became passionate lovers.

When, months later, Myranda announced that she would resign her sworn oath to the Forty and join a Windsword mercenary company, the Council of Nine was shocked. No one had ever resigned from such a prestigious post in the history of the Seven Cities. Myranda refused to explain the reasons for her decision, and Hakeem remained silent, which led to countless speculations…

Enjoy ;)
Aza and the DoC Team

Banehollow89
09-02-2013, 02:43 PM
Wow, 2-1-0 Champion with Teleport ability, seems sick good for rush decks on paper! :D I will have to wait and see it!

Nothing special for Hakeem, don't really like that more and more heroes have Earth and Dark combination...

Penas2011
09-02-2013, 02:45 PM
Boring OTK's combinatio. 1 school ftw...

DinstanoMESO
09-02-2013, 02:46 PM
Damn she's pretty. I'd go to war with her any day.

Elementalist.
09-02-2013, 03:01 PM
That's Myranda..? Do they have hair dye in Ashan? ;)

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/fr/games/mmdoc/Myranda.jpg

hydramarine
09-02-2013, 03:04 PM
With those Earth and Dark schools, having access to expensive mill fortunes, Hakem will probably be one of the most flexible Academy heroes in the game.

Myranda also is interesting and unique among Champions.

I like both.

ulpsz
09-02-2013, 07:21 PM
With those Earth and Dark schools, having access to expensive mill fortunes, Hakem will probably be one of the most flexible Academy heroes in the game.

Myranda also is interesting and unique among Champions.

I like both.

is Myranda a Champion hero (like siegfried)?? .. she has 2 spellschools...would be nice for an academy champion with 2 spellschools

epicafricantoad
09-02-2013, 09:22 PM
is Myranda a Champion hero (like siegfried)?? .. she has 2 spellschools...would be nice for an academy champion with 2 spellschools

Myranda is Academy’s very own Champion, but she’s a mage! That’s why she gets 2 schools instead of 1, like the traditional Champions. Plus, her starting stats are 2/1/0 instead of the classic 2/0/1.
She uses Air and Prime to fight on the battleground along with a really neat ability: she can move friendly magic creatures!

cheers
Toad

VampFury
09-02-2013, 11:42 PM
Interesting :) Thanks for reveals ^^

Evil_Nuff
09-03-2013, 12:56 PM
Prime and Air are probably my two favorite spell schools so definitely interested in trying her out. I have been trying to make a good Akane deck but nothing I like yet. :)

ulpsz
09-03-2013, 01:03 PM
cheers
Toad

thanks toad...I only read BELOW THE PICTURES;)

pwnpoints
09-03-2013, 04:22 PM
Any idea which barbershop Hakeem frequents? I wanna avoid it at all costs.

AbisalAeneas
09-03-2013, 11:49 PM
Any idea which barbershop Hakeem frequents? I wanna avoid it at all costs.
Really about his styling, I think that is worse his left Giant hand than his haircut (and you know what the people tell about the men with the big hands :P )

ElkazFATE
09-05-2013, 03:34 PM
Cool arts, but Hakeem don't look like earth and death magic user:P