PDA

View Full Version : 2 New Heroes (Haven & Necropolis) & 4 New Academy Creatures - Reveals From Pax

David.ss
09-02-2013, 08:42 AM
2 New Heroes reveals from Pax :
http://momcards.fr/uploads/04bc4fd6fb264b36e55ae0cad9287323.png

4 New Academy creatures :
http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/843728AllNUS800X600.png

:cool:
*Image taken from momcards.fr

dimakain
09-02-2013, 09:40 AM
Very nice, tnx.

Morkje
09-02-2013, 09:54 AM
Finally some actual cards that are spoiled and not just images.

Ranged Reflect is nice. It's retalliation damage + X Guard combined.

Phased is a little weird. You can't use them to block, but they are safe from attack themselves. This one has a nice combo with no retal and attack anywhere. but only 2 HP so dies to most damage removal.

Hippo Warrior doesn't feel rare. Just a big dumb beast. I like the thought of attack depending on the target ( reverse Guard) but this could have been uncommon me think.

Pejs69
09-02-2013, 10:26 AM
That's some badass hippo right there.

AscendoO
09-02-2013, 10:31 AM
The Dervish and the Wizard Tutor seem fine I guess, but the other two are just terrible...especially the Wizard Apprentice noone will play a 3 cost creature with 2 life, it basically dies to every common nuke.

Banehollow89
09-02-2013, 10:37 AM
I just don't see the point in creatures with Phased having retaliation when the creatures can't attack Phased enemies. O.o

DoubleDeck
09-02-2013, 10:50 AM
I just don't see the point in creatures with Phased having retaliation when the creatures can't attack Phased enemies. O.o

An enemy creature's attack is different to it's retaliation.....

Banehollow89
09-02-2013, 11:08 AM
An enemy creature's attack is different to it's retaliation.....
What? I mean, why does it have retaliation damage when creatures CAN'T attack it...?

RedEmperor30
09-02-2013, 11:12 AM
The Dervish and the Wizard Tutor seem fine I guess, but the other two are just terrible...especially the Wizard Apprentice noone will play a 3 cost creature with 2 life, it basically dies to every common nuke.

Cards look great as always - but have to agree, 3 resource cost for a 2 health cost creature, i spell removal - not that gr8

Elementalist.
09-02-2013, 11:17 AM
Was my first thought. Why the hell give retaliation to a unit with phased.. And if there is a special condition that negates phased, the apprentice still sucks because 1) 2hp, as if he'd survive an attack 2) the scenario where someone would disable his phased and attacked him with a unit that would NOT kill him sounds improbable as hell.

Seriously give him 3hp or something, this is embarassing.

And taweret warrior looks like a rare, overpriced, tainted orc.

mriClipse
09-02-2013, 11:29 AM
I'm exited for the Haven hero. A hero that'll be able to withstand rush by healing himself WITHOUT resorting to stall tactics since you have to play creatures for it.

/exited!

AscendoO
09-02-2013, 11:33 AM
What? I mean, why does it have retaliation damage when creatures CAN'T attack it...?

Elraths Blessing ? :p

Banehollow89
09-02-2013, 11:40 AM
Was my first thought. Why the hell give retaliation to a unit with phased.. And if there is a special condition that negates phased, the apprentice still sucks because 1) 2hp, as if he'd survive an attack 2) the scenario where someone would disable his phased and attacked him with a unit that would NOT kill him sounds improbable as hell.

Seriously give him 3hp or something, this is embarassing.

And taweret warrior looks like a rare, overpriced, tainted orc.
I don't know, I like Taweret Warrior, it is potentially Tainted Orc and Ravager in one creature against melee creatures. And even if it is overpriced, we can't compare creatures between factions, because factions works differently. Academy that should be based on magic schools and spells, with a lot of magic channel shouldn't have cheap and strong creatures like Stronghold and Inferno, this one is pretty cool to me.

Elraths Blessing ? :p

Yeah, I thought about it, but that is like the only reason, and usage of that card is really really rare. :P

Zmajoubica
09-02-2013, 11:53 AM
Tutor. For 2 resources at the start he is god blocker + shooter
Dervish. Looks like most playable card of these 4, but nothing spectacular.
Apprentice. At first glance looks bad but...wiith Arcane Ward and The Strength of the Sea he can't be killed. And who knows what kind of protection come with new editions?
Taweret. Nothing special. It's possible that he will be played, probably not in every decks.

ElkazFATE
09-02-2013, 11:57 AM
Wizards looks really nice for Asalah. Attack anywhere+fire/water/light magic will be really annoying.

Hippo should cost 4 power and supply, or change rarity to uncommon.

Banehollow89
09-02-2013, 12:02 PM
Tutor. For 2 resources at the start he is god blocker + shooter
Dervish. Looks like most playable card of these 4, but nothing spectacular.
Apprentice. At first glance looks bad but...wiith Arcane Ward and The Strength of the Sea he can't be killed. And who knows what kind of protection come with new editions?
Taweret. Nothing special. It's possible that he will be played, probably not in every decks.

That is true, I remember devs have said that Academy will have Gargoyles for blockers that can't attack and will have Magic Block. Now, we will have to see if Magic Block will be just for Magic Creatures or for spells as well. If it will be for Spells too, it can be really good in combination with Apprentice or some other creatures.

Hantziie
09-02-2013, 12:17 PM
And not a single Sanctuary was spoiled that day :rolleyes:

DoubleDeck
09-02-2013, 12:19 PM
Creatures can still deal damage on retaliation to phased creatures.
Phased only talks about an attack initiated by an enemy creature, not it's retal.
So we might find that we get academy creatures with phased ability but their attacks can be retaliated against, though their health points will be higher to compensate or something.....

NorsemanXXI
09-02-2013, 12:23 PM
Hmm, I'm not really impressed to be honest.

My quick review:

Wizard Tutor: This guy is basically a wall that can attack but we all know how ineffective is a 1 attack creature. It's cheap and might be good to block damage while boosting your magic a little in the process but it's doesn't look that great.

Wizard Apprentice: When you play control decks you want to have early ways to block incoming damage. This guy can't block so you are not going to use it defensively and for offensive play it's kinda weak for a 3 cost. Also, it dies easily for many common used spells. I really hope Academy has better than this for offensive play.

Taweret Warrior: It's basically a more expensive Tainted Orc. Tainted Orc is actually much better, this ability against melees is not really worth the extra cost. Most of the times you'll probably have a Flyer or Shooter and this card will be to expensive for it's effectiveness.

Dancing Dervish: I left this one for last because I think it's the best of the four. It's nice to block early shooters like Neophyte Lich, Goblins or Markmans. Nothing special but probably the most solid of the four announced cards.

It's cool to see new cards but we must realize that in the end only a small amount will have a place in competitive play and at the moment, I only see the Dancing Dervish as solid enough for that.

However, a card effectiveness is only good as it's context so we'll have to wait to see everything else to make a proper judgment.

nutlamb
09-02-2013, 12:26 PM
Ah, Siham, you become more beautiful.
Maybe it's because you dress less?:rolleyes:
http://thumbsnap.com/i/w0kvEIgl.jpg?0902

And who's Morgan?
The last king of Erathia?

Banehollow89
09-02-2013, 12:46 PM
Creatures can still deal damage on retaliation to phased creatures.
Phased only talks about an attack initiated by an enemy creature, not it's retal.
So we might find that we get academy creatures with phased ability but their attacks can be retaliated against, though their health points will be higher to compensate or something.....

Ok, I will try to explain it to you differently, since me and you are not understanding each other. We have Apprentice on one side, and Juggernaut on the other side. Juggernaut can't attack Apprentice, because Apprentice is phased, so why the hell Apprentice has 1 retaliation when he won't use it against anything because nothing can attack him!? I am not talking about enemy retaliation, I am talking about his 1 retaliation, his stats are 2-1-2, why are not 2-0-2, or 2-0-3? Him having retaliation damage is nonsense... Do you understand now, I can't explain it better than this... :/

ElkazFATE
09-02-2013, 12:51 PM
@bane

if opponent will use Elraths Blessing its better to have 1 retaliation than 0:)

AscendoO
09-02-2013, 12:57 PM
Ah, Siham, you become more beautiful.
Maybe it's because you dress less?:rolleyes:
http://thumbsnap.com/i/w0kvEIgl.jpg?0902

And who's Morgan?
The last king of Erathia?

According to the german forum he is a leader of the falcon empire, by the way he is able to use water and light magic and heals himself when he plays creatures(after certain requirements).

The Necro hero can use earth and dark magic and can kill weak(whatever weak means) creatures after certain requirements.

Elementalist.
09-02-2013, 01:04 PM
@bane

if opponent will use Elraths Blessing its better to have 1 retaliation than 0:)
Filed under extremely situational so that can't be it. Unless academy has some interesting ability that is related to this, it looks like plain bad design. Unless of course the unit can retaliate against those who attack through him..

Sunaoimori
09-02-2013, 01:11 PM
That pesky wizard can be quite a nuisance.. the only way is to use removals/board wipes. Whcih means he's gonna be a lot of headache

elewenchampion
09-02-2013, 01:17 PM
The new card" wizard tutor" has 105 and magic channel 1. The "Breeder" has the same ability but it only has 102. Both of them cost 2. It is not fair.

Razyda
09-02-2013, 01:53 PM
Contrary to some others, I think wizard tutor will be one of most annoying creatures for academy. Yes he does have 1 attack but given Asalah magic schools and special ability he will be probably hitting like a truck (Namtaru Chaneler has similiar stats and it is epic priced 3)

hydramarine
09-02-2013, 03:10 PM
Giving Magic Immunity to the Wizard Apprentice can be nasty. But I feel this creature won't see much play in a spell-heavy meta.

My favorite among the revealed creatures is Wizard Tutor.

nutlamb
09-02-2013, 03:13 PM
According to the german forum he is a leader of the falcon empire, by the way he is able to use water and light magic and heals himself when he plays creatures(after certain requirements).

The Necro hero can use earth and dark magic and can kill weak(whatever weak means) creatures after certain requirements.
OMG
Jon Morgan
Just before dying from the white fever, Ann revealed the name of his father: Crag Hack.
Expecting to their meet on the battlefield...:)

Bizdakka
09-02-2013, 05:48 PM
Hippo warriors! Cool!

ulpsz
09-02-2013, 07:26 PM
like all the cards ...

keep the reveeals comming

soldack
09-03-2013, 02:08 PM

There are spells and fortunes that use retaliation, such as the one that makes the attack equal to the retaliation.

Banehollow89
09-03-2013, 02:52 PM
There are spells and fortunes that use retaliation, such as the one that makes the attack equal to the retaliation.

I know that, hardly any of them is usable.

soldack
09-03-2013, 06:51 PM

But that is the answer to your supposed "bad design." Its not bad design. It is Subtle design...

ulpsz
09-03-2013, 11:53 PM
this time they nailed the flavour right...unlike many previous lazy flavourbreeches...

arbaian nights feeling spot on...artwise and namewise

wizards have "That particular je ne sais quoi" about them

dervish that can also be female

tweret very well representing the egyptian mythology roots...

keep up the good work ubi

MamuzShah
09-05-2013, 03:28 PM
That's some badass hippo right there.

He will strike very strong.
Especially for those who will open 2 of him in their first Forgotten War box

gn0xious
09-05-2013, 07:26 PM

What about creatures with Sweep? The target may be the creature adjacent to a creature with Phasing or whatever. Even though they weren't the target, they were in the unfortunate path of the sweep?

Morkje
09-07-2013, 11:55 AM
He will strike very strong.
Especially for those who will open 2 of him in their first Forgotten War box

Only if they also open a good Hero, and other good cards for the new faction.
And even then the Hippo might not be that good in the deck.
Academy is said to be spell based, so gogin to 5 might just for this guy probably not worth it.

I don't think Hippo will see much play either way. It's just a big guy without any real abilties ( 2 extrra attack vs some creatures is bleh)
Generaly you want cards to have some game play effect besides stomping or be below curve stat wise.

KingSp00n
09-08-2013, 09:22 AM
What about creatures with Sweep? The target may be the creature adjacent to a creature with Phasing or whatever. Even though they weren't the target, they were in the unfortunate path of the sweep?
Odds are, sweep will do nothing in that case.
Because when you attack a creature with say, a demented, and a fear 3 creature is adjacent to the target. The creature with fear won't get hit, even though it is within sweeping range. The demented will be too pu ssy to sweep the creature with fear.

Banehollow89
09-08-2013, 10:03 AM
Only if they also open a good Hero, and other good cards for the new faction.
And even then the Hippo might not be that good in the deck.
Academy is said to be spell based, so gogin to 5 might just for this guy probably not worth it.

I don't think Hippo will see much play either way. It's just a big guy without any real abilties ( 2 extrra attack vs some creatures is bleh)
Generaly you want cards to have some game play effect besides stomping or be below curve stat wise.
True, but to be honest, you can up magic with Academy with units and go Might, not pure Might, but for example, playing 5-6-1 with some hero. Their unique creature(Mercenary Djinn) has Magic Channel 3, with 2 Wizard Tutors, you will have Magic level of 5. Of course it is risky, but you have to take the risks in this game.
So yes, Taweret Warriors probably won't be seen often, but it isn't impossible for them to be played. It depends if Academy has some way(spell or fortune or ability) to make creatures un-targetable, then it will be pain in the *** to deal with them, and not many creatures can block this guy.

zulfiqar0500
04-16-2015, 04:02 AM
Creature Academy Hack Tool No Survey 2015 http://www.hackerscontent.com/creature-academy-hack-tool-no-survey-2015/