PDA

View Full Version : No auto patching through Uplay? So what do I do?

chriscshunter
09-02-2013, 05:56 AM
Just got Assassin's Creed 3 Deluxe. When trying to install DLC it tells me I have version 1.01 and need the newer version. The newest version I could find is 1.06 on some other site. I downloaded 1.06 and at install it said first I needed 1.05, and 1.05 said I needed 1.04 ect... So I got all the patches individually and manually and when I try to run patch 1.02 it tells me "This update is not compatible with the current installed game." So now I'm at a dead end.

Where can I install these patches from your site? What do I need to do to update my game? Why doesn't Uplay update the games itself like Steam? Taking from the other topic I wish the cd key I got worked on Steam as I would be playing the game full updated without spending the last hour hopelessly and guilelessly trying to get your game to start up. :(

Not trying to be rude, just trying to get what I paid for.

chriscshunter
09-02-2013, 07:16 AM
Cut that. When starting the game it notified me of each patch 1 at a time... very rough install though. After each patch installed the "autopatcher" crashed and the game would launch even after I told it not to... all 6 patches, very frustrating process. Now I have to 1 by 1 install the DLC...

The patches should be implemented into the initial installation to avoid confusion.

Don't get me wrong I like what Uplay does right. The last thing I want is another Origin though. Uplay should be like a games for windows live thing and keep up with achievements and stuff and leave everything else to Steam... Honestly Origin and Uplay feel like Steam was in 2001-2004. Valve has been ahead of its time for over a decade after all...

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
09-02-2013, 05:50 PM
Hi, the patch links are here https://support.ubi.com/en-gb/FAQ.aspx?platformid=9&brandid=22&productid=2717&faqid=kA030000000eTKXCA2

You should be able to auto download them.

AGoneCZ
11-19-2014, 01:47 PM
Hi, the patch links are here https://support.ubi.com/en-gb/FAQ.aspx?platformid=9&brandid=22&productid=2717&faqid=kA030000000eTKXCA2

You should be able to auto download them.

Hi, I know I am not in right forum, but I saw you also on that right one xD could you pls send me link for Far Cry 4 patches? Uplay doesnīt download it automatically, it even doesnīt recognize there is patch (so my game is still crashing on 1.01 version). On the same support page where are these links for assassinīs creed, there arenīt any for Far Cry 4 even they said more than one patch already exists.
Have a nice day :)

Merls
11-24-2014, 11:11 AM
I would also like the FC4 patches. I don't even know how to tell my version on Uplay. It certainly hasn't applied any patches for me. I'm suffering from issues and would like to play. Thank you.

YazX_
11-24-2014, 04:05 PM
I would also like the FC4 patches. I don't even know how to tell my version on Uplay. It certainly hasn't applied any patches for me. I'm suffering from issues and would like to play. Thank you.

Wrong board, this is Assassins Creed Board, please post your comment/issue in FC4 board.

Thanks